Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blank Earth']Can't wait to hear the Homefront offer. Second only to Uncharted 3 for my most anticipated game of the year.[/QUOTE]
What's killing me is that Amazon is only at a $10. Ugh, they have slowed down on the $20's which really helped me sell the competitive advantage internally.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']What's killing me is that Amazon is only at a $10. Ugh, they have slowed down on the $20's which really helped me sell the competitive advantage internally.[/QUOTE]
Still waiting to hear what you have in store for MLB 11 :D

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']What's killing me is that Amazon is only at a $10. Ugh, they have slowed down on the $20's which really helped me sell the competitive advantage internally.[/QUOTE]

what do you think about best buy going with the free headset? is that something we could be looking forward to maybe in the future?

[quote name='medetron']what do you think about best buy going with the free headset? is that something we could be looking forward to maybe in the future?[/QUOTE]
Do you like it? I have mixed feelings about having a head set deal as the sole promotion. I've got that TB headsets on sale for Crysis 2's launch but I definitely do not want to rest on it.

[quote name='mgford11']Still waiting to hear what you have in store for MLB 11 :D[/QUOTE]
Me too! It's definitely on my radar!

It will be free with a 160GB purchase but I don't know if that is an exclusive or not.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Me too! It's definitely on my radar!

It will be free with a 160GB purchase but I don't know if that is an exclusive or not.[/QUOTE]

Just upgraded from a launch 60gb to a new 160GB at xmas.

Bring on the;
- free PSN cards
- SWYR rewards
- free sunflower seeds
- Move controller/bundle discounts

Not big on the headset idea personally, but then again I'm not a hardcore FPS player. Might appeal to others.

I'm cool with the usual SYWR or PSN/XBL card promos, although maybe something with other THQ titles would be an option? I'd love to pick up Homefront with Metro 2033 or even You Don't Know Jack for a discount.

[quote name='mgford11']Just upgraded from a launch 60gb to a new 160GB at xmas.

Bring on the;
- free PSN cards
- SWYR rewards
- free sunflower seeds
- Move controller/bundle discounts[/QUOTE]
Free sunflower seeds it is :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Definitely, we didn't even buy Yak 3 to all stores when it launched. I think just top 250. We'll be rebuying to all stores for the promotion.[/QUOTE]
Yoshi!

Not the best SYWR experience for me today. I go to my local Kmart to pick up MvC3. Guy swipes my card,transaction goes through, get my free picture, and I'm on my way home to play the game, right? Not so fast. When I get to my car, I check the receipt and notice that I didn't receive any SYWR points; apparently my card didn't swipe. Go back inside to the customer service desk for help. Rather than offer to reprocess the purchase, I'm told to just call the number on the back of the card and they'll see that I get the points. Call the number, give them my SYWR acct info and the receipt info, and the guy says that I'll get my points. Then I ask him to verify how many points I got since it involved a special purchase. He says he can't tell me that because it will take 30 DAYS for the points to be added to my account. Seriously? 30 DAYS! So much for using the points next week. I'm betting I won't get the 25,000 points in 30 days, either. This is so frustrating. What now; return and repurchase, or refund and wait for a better price elsewhere? Don't guess I'll be playing the game tonight because I'm sure they can't reprocess the transaction if the game is opened.

[quote name='Fratty McDouche']
tl;dr comment that makes more sense after you read the screen name
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Free sunflower seeds it is :)[/QUOTE]

If that's what the deal works out to be, I better see some Big League Chew coming along with it too or no sale. NO SALE, SIR!

[quote name='Fratty McDouche']Not the best SYWR experience for me today. I go to my local Kmart to pick up MvC3. Guy swipes my card,transaction goes through, get my free picture, and I'm on my way home to play the game, right? Not so fast. When I get to my car, I check the receipt and notice that I didn't receive any SYWR points; apparently my card didn't swipe. Go back inside to the customer service desk for help. Rather than offer to reprocess the purchase, I'm told to just call the number on the back of the card and they'll see that I get the points. Call the number, give them my SYWR acct info and the receipt info, and the guy says that I'll get my points. Then I ask him to verify how many points I got since it involved a special purchase. He says he can't tell me that because it will take 30 DAYS for the points to be added to my account. Seriously? 30 DAYS! So much for using the points next week. I'm betting I won't get the 25,000 points in 30 days, either. This is so frustrating. What now; return and repurchase, or refund and wait for a better price elsewhere? Don't guess I'll be playing the game tonight because I'm sure they can't reprocess the transaction if the game is opened.[/QUOTE]
Not an acceptable response. The support line and the store are incorrect. The points will post next week due to the suspended time-line noted in the OP. If it doesn't please contact me immediately and I will address the situation.

I'm also going to be honoring the deals on KZ3 and Bulletstorm past the end date noted in the blog if the immediate points posting drove the purchase intention of MvC3 or DQ VI to chain towards those titles.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Do you like it? I have mixed feelings about having a head set deal as the sole promotion. I've got that TB headsets on sale for Crysis 2's launch but I definitely do not want to rest on it.[/QUOTE]

not really interested in it since the official ps headset just got a remake. also not knowing what model or version it is reminds me of those best buy black Friday TV deals with weird TV brand names no one has heard about...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not an acceptable response. The support line and the store are incorrect. The points will post next week due to the suspended time-line noted in the OP. If it doesn't please contact me immediately and I will address the situation.

I'm also going to be honoring the deals on KZ3 and Bulletstorm past the end date noted in the blog if the immediate points posting drove the purchase intention of MvC3 or DQ VI to chain towards those titles.[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear, apparently the clerk didn't swipe my SYWR card when he processed the transaction. The guy at the 1-800 number said that when this happens and they add the points to an account via the 14-digit number on the receipt, it takes 30 days for the purchase to be validated and added to my SYWR account. So he was wrong, and I'll get the points next week?

I was surprised to still see the PS3 MVC3 CE still at my local store. I had already picked up a 360 one from BB since K-Mart was only getting one copy of the PS3 version, but it was mostly covered by a standard copy because there was a row front-faced and I could see that it was the second one back.

Yeah Amazon and Walmart are being lame as hell with their deals. I've basically stopped buying from Amazon altogether now since they arent even bothering to try and compete with Kmart. The only things I'm getting from Amazon besides some games I already used credit for are Dragon Age Signature and Mario All Stars, and Mario I'll be canceling if I know for sure Kmarts going to stock it.

picked up dragon quest today now waiting for killzone. 15,000 points were credited. Is kmart getting the Kilzone 3 helghast edition?

[quote name='Xellos2099']Is Bulletstorm going to be the normal version of EPIC version for 360?[/QUOTE]

All versions in the first shipment are this little "epic" version they keep talking about.

Just curious if I pick up Bulletstorm next week will my points post right away? Would love to use those points on your Dead Space 2 deal.

[quote name='Joartrak']Just curious if I pick up Bulletstorm next week will my points post right away? Would love to use those points on your Dead Space 2 deal.[/QUOTE]

yes just make sure you are opted to receive emails from kmart check out the first post if you need more help but yes points are almost instantly added and should show up on your receipt

If Kmart matches amazon's price (or beats it of course) I always buy from Kmart because even with game day release, I find that UPS will not drop my game off till around 6 pm, and I can pick up at Kmart when I want. That being said, fair or not, for me to see a match....Kmart needs to actually beat amazon by at least 5 bucks on any giftcard because amazon is tax free. So for Homefront, I hope you can at least do a 15 dollar gift card, especially since I noticed amazon is throwing in some dlc as well.

[quote name='medetron']yes just make sure you are opted to receive emails from kmart check out the first post if you need more help but yes points are almost instantly added and should show up on your receipt[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the fast response. Did not want to end up without points for a week like some of the MvC3 folks ^_^

[quote name='foxdvd']If Kmart matches amazon's price (or beats it of course) I always buy from Kmart because even with game day release, I find that UPS will not drop my game off till around 6 pm, and I can pick up at Kmart when I want. That being said, fair or not, for me to see a match....Kmart needs to actually beat amazon by at least 5 bucks on any giftcard because amazon is tax free. So for Homefront, I hope you can at least do a 15 dollar gift card, especially since I noticed amazon is throwing in some dlc as well.[/QUOTE]

Lets face it. Even if they both give the same amount in gift cert. w/ tax and a gallon of gas you're gonna spend $7-8 more shopping at Kmart.

W/ Josh on here however I'll always pick up from Kmart if the difference is single digit like that.

Hopefully you put out an awesome deal for Homefront. I really feel treacherous about pre-ordering from Best Buy( They had a bluetooth headset offer).

[quote name='razgriz417']I'm hoping there's something for pokemon Black & White, at least maybe matching Amazon $5 promo[/QUOTE]
I'd be very surprised if Josh did not beat that.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Of course I complain about Amazons crappy deals and now theyve matched Bulletstorm and Killzone offers.[/QUOTE]

Can you please complain about how You Don't Know Jack isn't on sale for $20? I'd love to pick it up at that price.

[quote name='razgriz417']I'm hoping there's something for pokemon Black & White, at least maybe matching Amazon $5 promo[/QUOTE]

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."

Sigh, I hate people factoring in taxes. JUST BECAUSE AMAZON DO NOT COLLECT TAXES FROM YOU IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE TO REPORT TO YOUR STATE.

I'll be getting the Helghast Edition from Kmart, Amazon don't have $20 credit for the HE...

[quote name='nathan88']So does the K-mart version come with the retro maps?[/QUOTE]
I don't know about the standard edition, but the HE does.

NM, Amazon give you the 3 points and Retro maps as bonus, I don't know if Kmart is offering anything for the standard edition.

[quote name='Serpentor']Sigh, I hate people factoring in taxes. JUST BECAUSE AMAZON DO NOT COLLECT TAXES FROM YOU IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE TO REPORT TO YOUR STATE.
[/QUOTE]

True, but I think the government only really gives a damn if you are buying something like a boat or car from out of state.

Anyway, going with Amazon on either KZ3 or Bulletstorm since I have credit to spend and then get the other at Kmart.

[quote name='Killbomb']True, but I think the government only really gives a damn if you are buying something like a boat or car from out of state.

Anyway, going with Amazon on either KZ3 or Bulletstorm since I have credit to spend and then get the other at Kmart.[/QUOTE]
Josh is going to be like, "Free (something that will make people cancel their Amazon orders in an instant)!" Just kidding.

If Amazon didn't have their retro map and code thing, I'd be on my way with the SYWR points train. This certainly changes things.

Wow they just did the 20 off for 3 games...it's getting better...for us :)...Josh you have to give us better offers ;)

Here is a question, and perhaps maybe some of you have encountered this situation.

Has anyone redeemed points without their SYWR card? I've never received my SYWR card, but have been entering my phone number at the store to accumulate points. I plan on picking up MvC3 before this deal is over, and would like to use those points towards another purchase next week.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Here is a question, and perhaps maybe some of you have encountered this situation.

Has anyone redeemed points without their SYWR card? I've never received my SYWR card, but have been entering my phone number at the store to accumulate points. I plan on picking up MvC3 before this deal is over, and would like to use those points towards another purchase next week.[/QUOTE]
I haven't done it personally. From what I gather, you need your PIN to redeem your points without your card.

[quote name='sadboy']I haven't done it personally. From what I gather, you need your PIN to redeem your points without your card.[/QUOTE]
I've never brought my card with me, everytime they ask if I have a card, I tell them yes but not with me. They just ask for my phone number and I've always received points except yesterday with MvC but that was expected.

JUST BECAUSE AMAZON DO NOT COLLECT TAXES FROM YOU IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE TO REPORT TO YOUR STATE.

big-show-laugh-o.gif

[quote name='burz88']I've never brought my card with me, everytime they ask if I have a card, I tell them yes but not with me. They just ask for my phone number and I've always received points except yesterday with MvC but that was expected.[/QUOTE]
I think jiggyteddy was asking about redeeming points, not receiving them. But good point.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Here is a question, and perhaps maybe some of you have encountered this situation.

Has anyone redeemed points without their SYWR card? I've never received my SYWR card, but have been entering my phone number at the store to accumulate points. I plan on picking up MvC3 before this deal is over, and would like to use those points towards another purchase next week.[/QUOTE]

You can earn points with your phone number but to use them you need the card number. Make sure to give them the card number instead of your phone number. Then you can use your points just like if they scanned it.

[quote name='noone13']You can earn points with your phone number but to use them you need the card number. Make sure to give them the card number instead of your phone number. Then you can use your points just like if they scanned it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the thoughts guys.

This is a great idea, and I will definitely copy down my card number before I attempt to redeem points.

[quote name='Serpentor']Sigh, I hate people factoring in taxes. JUST BECAUSE AMAZON DO NOT COLLECT TAXES FROM YOU IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE TO REPORT TO YOUR STATE.

I'll be getting the Helghast Edition from Kmart, Amazon don't have $20 credit for the HE...[/QUOTE]

You have to be braindead to actually report this kind of thing on your taxes. It's a very real difference in the cost of an item. Don't even get me started on the constitutionality of such taxation...

[/QUOTE]

1232481167233.jpg

I've known some people to who bought a TV out of state get the tax deducted from the purchase because they claimed they would report the taxes to their home state :D

But on a serious note some states are using tax tables to determine the tax liabiltiy of out of state purchases. Copy pasta from Wikipedia:

"A few of these states have tried another approach by pre-determining the tax liability owed by every taxpayer via a tax table based on the individual’s adjusted gross income. For example, a Michigan taxpayer with $45,000 of income can use the state’s use tax table[2] and include the $23 of tax liability on his return. The table is limited however to purchases of less than $1,000. For purchases over $1,000 the taxpayer must calculate the tax for each item and add this amount to the use tax from the table. States using this method have seen an increase in voluntary compliance over those states that have the taxpayers calculate the use tax themselves."

States really only enforce collecting sales tax on out of state purchases on large tangible items (cars,boats,mail order brides, etc).

But sales tax is a huge deciding factor on where I purchase items from. TN has a 9.25% sales tax and Amazon doesn't charge me sales tax yet (two distribution centers coming to TN near the end of the year :bomb::bomb:). So a $59.99 games costs me 65.54 at K-Mart but only 59.99 at Amazon. When I am comparing an offer that Josh is making to an offer Amazon is making K-Marts offer has to be greater than 5.54 more than Amazon for me to consider purchasing it at K-Mart.

sold out of DQ6 and didn't update their clearance prices yet :( oh well.

At least I found a new copy of Killzone1 for $10. Never played that one. They had quite a few brand new PS2 first party games, I wonder if sony is still printing a few bestselling titles or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back