Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']sold out of DQ6[/QUOTE]

I got the last one at my store. I guess DQ6 is selling better than people thought it would? As a fan of the series, that makes me happy. DQ9 sold a million outside of Japan.

Picked up DQVI tonight and the bonus points came through no problem. I was tempted to get MVC3 as well but I'm spending enough money these days as it is.

I plan on getting bulletstorm at Kmart but I was wondering if the first release to all retailers was going to be the Limited Edition for PS3 and the Epic Edition for Xbox 360

[quote name='GBAstar']I plan on getting bulletstorm at Kmart but I was wondering if the first release to all retailers was going to be the Limited Edition for PS3 and the Epic Edition for Xbox 360[/QUOTE]

Yes, the first wave will be the LE's for the respective consoles and PC.

Epic for 360, LE for PC/PS3.

[quote name='EvilET']My local kmart still has zero copies of MvC3...[/QUOTE]
Your Kmart is mistaken, please shoot me a note and we'll investigate the location.

[quote name='LordVila']
1232481167233.jpg

I've known some people to who bought a TV out of state get the tax deducted from the purchase because they claimed they would report the taxes to their home state :D

But on a serious note some states are using tax tables to determine the tax liabiltiy of out of state purchases. Copy pasta from Wikipedia:

"A few of these states have tried another approach by pre-determining the tax liability owed by every taxpayer via a tax table based on the individual’s adjusted gross income. For example, a Michigan taxpayer with $45,000 of income can use the state’s use tax table[2] and include the $23 of tax liability on his return. The table is limited however to purchases of less than $1,000. For purchases over $1,000 the taxpayer must calculate the tax for each item and add this amount to the use tax from the table. States using this method have seen an increase in voluntary compliance over those states that have the taxpayers calculate the use tax themselves."

States really only enforce collecting sales tax on out of state purchases on large tangible items (cars,boats,mail order brides, etc).

But sales tax is a huge deciding factor on where I purchase items from. TN has a 9.25% sales tax and Amazon doesn't charge me sales tax yet (two distribution centers coming to TN near the end of the year :bomb::bomb:). So a $59.99 games costs me 65.54 at K-Mart but only 59.99 at Amazon. When I am comparing an offer that Josh is making to an offer Amazon is making K-Marts offer has to be greater than 5.54 more than Amazon for me to consider purchasing it at K-Mart.[/QUOTE]
I totally understand where you are coming from but I do feel that just because the states don't enforce it well it is still the customers obligation to pay sales tax from the state they are purchasing items from. Amazon's state exemption for sales tax is not a barometer for my sales nor would they claim it as an official advantage.

[quote name='fujimitsu']You have to be braindead to actually report this kind of thing on your taxes. It's a very real difference in the cost of an item. Don't even get me started on the constitutionality of such taxation...[/QUOTE]
Yep, disagree :)

State to state commerce is very defined legally, just not policed well and it probably never will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='freeorelse']Just get an off-shore account for your island :) Like /\ Josh:hot:[/QUOTE]
It's worked out for me :)

I remember when I bought my wife's wedding ring in Chicago we had it shipped to our parents home in Michigan because Cook Count is like 10% sales tax. We still had to pay Michigan's, but it definitely was worth it. Wish I could have just run it through my future island account, maybe one day.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']What's killing me is that Amazon is only at a $10. Ugh, they have slowed down on the $20's which really helped me sell the competitive advantage internally.[/QUOTE]

Heh, now it is starting to look like the shoe is on the other foot. Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 now have $20 promotional credit each and can't help but think that Amazon pulled out this trump card late in the game in order to cannibalize K-Mart's sales. Way to go, Josh! You're making Amazon shake in their boots. :applause:

Also, thanks for the attempt on Alpha Protocol. I see that it's like $30 everywhere in most places so just wanted to see if it would've been discounted. Heck, I thought it had a shot compared to Vanquish getting a sale price tag on it for a week, if it did happen.

[quote name='worrybomb']Heh, now it is starting to look like the shoe is on the other foot. Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 now have $20 promotional credit each and can't help but think that Amazon pulled out this trump card late in the game in order to cannibalize K-Mart's sales. Way to go, Josh! You're making Amazon shake in their boots. :applause:

Also, thanks for the attempt on Alpha Protocol. I see that it's like $30 everywhere in most places so just wanted to see if it would've been discounted. Heck, I thought it had a shot compared to Vanquish getting a sale price tag on it for a week, if it did happen.[/QUOTE]
First time I have personally seen them PM a KM B&M only offer. We've been hurting them a bit for a while now so I'm surprised it's taken them this long. I'm actually glad to see it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I totally understand where you are coming from but I do feel that just because the states don't enforce it well it is still the customers obligation to pay sales tax from the state they are purchasing items from. Amazon's state exemption for sales tax is not a barometer for my sales nor would they claim it as an official advantage.[/QUOTE]

I totally understand its not a barometer for your sales I just meant it as a way that I determine where I purchase from. There really is no way for states to enforce it except on large purchases. If they tried to enforce it on every purchase the scale would become way to large. So yes it is an obligation but it is as enforceable as "A state law in Illinois mandates that all bachelors should be called master, not mister, when addressed by their female counterparts".

Once the Amazon shipping facilities come to TN :bomb: K-Mart will be on equal ground tax wise for me atleast.

[quote name='LordVila']I totally understand its not a barometer for your sales I just meant it as a way that I determine where I purchase from. There really is no way for states to enforce it except on large purchases. If they tried to enforce it on every purchase the scale would become way to large. So yes it is an obligation but it is as enforceable as "A state law in Illinois mandates that all bachelors should be called master, not mister, when addressed by their female counterparts".

Once the Amazon shipping facilities come to TN :bomb: K-Mart will be on equal ground tax wise for me atleast.[/QUOTE]
Completely agree.

Hey Josh,

I just want to detail my experience from the past with Kmart to how it is currently.

When I first travelled to my local Kmart, it was a pain to say the least. I had received an email coupon, and went to purchase a game with it. The gaming section was an absolute mess. Games were mixed across platforms and mixed according to price. It was truly gross looking at a shelf of games that looked like a child just threw them around in any order. On top of that, there was no clerk around to help me open the case to search in there which was also a mess. After settling with the game I wanted, the store told me I could not use my coupon since it only took coupons that were mailed. Which was a total lie, so I just left and had no intention to return again.

I went back for the MvC3 deal and it was a complete 180 experience. When I called ahead to check on stock, they were helpful and knew exactly to what I was referring to. They had the shelves cleaned up, and the new copies of MvC3 in display up front. I was also able to sign up for the rewards without a hitch and the cashier also notified me that points were processed right away. It was a smooth transaction.

Thanks for the improvement.

Might as well share my recent experience too:

Went to both k-marts in my area (Parkersburg,wv) and both had very neat shelving for games and had a discount section in front of the gaming section. BIG improvement from a year ago. Customer service (mainly wait time to get someone) is still something that needs to be worked on, but they are usually nice and helpful when you do get someone.

Overall, kmart (based on my area and despite some cons) has made huge advancements since you (Josh) took over things. Keep up the great work!

Josh, I believe that you've said in a previous that Kinect games will be getting some kind of deal mid-March. Will there be any deals coming up on the Kinect itself? Thanks.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but my rule is if I read back 5 pages and can't find the answer there or in the OP, it's fair game. I registered with SYWR earlier this week, but held off on making any purchases due to the confusion, glitches, and mayhem that occured. I understand that if I were to buy MvC3, the points would not show up on my receipt and wouldn't be applicable until next week, but does that mean I can't use them until the beginning of next week or 1 week after I've made the purchase? I ask because I plan on getting Killzone 3 there next week and would prefer to use my points to purchase it on Tuesday.

Question:

If you have enough reward points saved to pay for KZ3, do you still get the bonus points for KZ3? I know you don't get the base points.

I remember I did this with Apache, I accumulated enough points (Black Ops and some of the stuff) to pay Apache off. Back then Apache offered gaming coupons, not reward points. And yes, I did get the gaming coupon even though I paid Apache by applying the points from my SYWR card. Will this be the same for SYWR points? I'm asking this to avoid further headaches or heads up...

[quote name='Silverspud']Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but my rule is if I read back 5 pages and can't find the answer there or in the OP, it's fair game. I registered with SYWR earlier this week, but held off on making any purchases due to the confusion, glitches, and mayhem that occured. I understand that if I were to buy MvC3, the points would not show up on my receipt and wouldn't be applicable until next week, but does that mean I can't use them until the beginning of next week or 1 week after I've made the purchase? I ask because I plan on getting Killzone 3 there next week and would prefer to use my points to purchase it on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

The only thing that appears to have been communicated to Josh from the SYWR team is that they would be added "next week", so I'm sure once they tell him what day exactly he'll fill us in. It may not be in time for Tuesday, but I would feel confident that it would be before the week is up so you can get the KZ bonus as well.

Josh,

Do you know if you're going to be running a sale on Killzone 2 next week? I would like to purchase it in conjunction with KZ3 but the MSRP of $29.99 is higher then I'm willing to pay

thanks

[quote name='Serpentor']Question:

If you have enough reward points saved to pay for KZ3, do you get the bonus points for KZ3? I know you don't get the base points.

I remember I did this with Apache, I accumulated enough points (Black Ops and some of the stuff) to pay Apache off. Back then Apache offered gaming coupons, not reward points. And yes, I did get the gaming coupon even though I paid Apache by applying the points on my SYWR card. Will this be the same for SYWR points? I'm asking this to avoid further headaches or heads up...[/QUOTE]

Yes. As far as I know, the SYWR points are just like any other method of payment and any bonuses or promotions still apply. Of course that logic would dictate that you should get base points as well, but I do know you get the bonus points because I have done it.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yes. As far as I know, the SYWR points are just like any other method of payment and any bonuses or promotions still apply. Of course that logic would dictate that you should get base points as well, but I do know you get the bonus points because I have done it.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks! I have never done it (accumulating points to pay everything off? Not easy...). But from the Apache experience, I know that the base points are earned on cash value (if you use a coupon, no base points on the coupons). So, applying SYWR points will not qualify base points. Good to know it will work, I hope no KZ3 problems next week.

[quote name='mkelehan']I got the last one at my store. I guess DQ6 is selling better than people thought it would? As a fan of the series, that makes me happy. DQ9 sold a million outside of Japan.[/QUOTE]

Well my Kmart only received 2 copies of the game..

I think it may have been a smaller shipment?

To at least see how it sells.

14.99 MIC MASS EFFECT XBOXM59-00033 / 360

I went looking for this with a printout of the UPC. The price checker thing said $14.99, but the game rang up $19.99. Then I realized why... the game I had was a Pt. Hits. I guess the clearance is only for the original green boxed version. #-o

Oh well. I managed to get :ds: DQ6 (found 2 copies mixed in with some shovelware) and :wii:Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for free with the points.

If any NoVA CAGs are looking for Dragon Quest V, there is one copy left at the Annandale store. It's pretty rare now, so I thought I'd give a heads up since I happened to notice it.

Oh Yeah, Nintendo is re-launching another small batch of the Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition for Wii coming out 3/13. It looks like it will be a lot less than last time it came out.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Oh Yeah, Nintendo is re-launching another small batch of the Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition for Wii coming out 3/13. It looks like it will be a lot less than last time it came out.[/QUOTE]

ORLY?? Interesting.

Let the Speculatin' begin!

[quote name='chriscolbert']The only thing that appears to have been communicated to Josh from the SYWR team is that they would be added "next week", so I'm sure once they tell him what day exactly he'll fill us in. It may not be in time for Tuesday, but I would feel confident that it would be before the week is up so you can get the KZ bonus as well.[/QUOTE]
To that end, if for some reason the SYWR team screws me over again, I'll honor the KZ3 and Bulletstorm offers post expiration for anyone that has a delay in points.

Updating a lot of March offers from my SYWR meeting this morning.

In particular I want to know what you all think of the Crysis 2 and DA2 promotions.

So is Kmart not going to be stocking the PC version of Bulletstorm, or is it just not part of the SYWR promotion? Only shows PS3/360 icons on the OP.

[quote name='LordVila']I totally understand its not a barometer for your sales I just meant it as a way that I determine where I purchase from. There really is no way for states to enforce it except on large purchases. If they tried to enforce it on every purchase the scale would become way to large. So yes it is an obligation but it is as enforceable as "A state law in Illinois mandates that all bachelors should be called master, not mister, when addressed by their female counterparts".

Once the Amazon shipping facilities come to TN :bomb: K-Mart will be on equal ground tax wise for me atleast.[/QUOTE]

I guess you don't follow the news much because several states have been involved in litigation with Amazon to release customer purchase data for the last few years so they can collect the taxes owed. While the courts have been hesitant to force Amazon to release the data so far, that could change at any time. Given that it's a purely electronic process, the states would easily be able to charge back taxes for everything you purchased, not just the big stuff. If it does finally happen, you could be liable not only for the taxes you failed to pay, but also interest and penalties. Personally, I just do a tally of my purchases at the end of the year and pay the tax. It's not that much money and it will avoid a headache down the road.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']In particular I want to know what you all think of the Crysis 2 and DA2 promotions.[/QUOTE]

Have you mentioned these in the thread today? I just checked the OP, and these games' respective deals still have TBA...

[quote name='sgaldis']Have you mentioned these in the thread today? I just checked the OP, and these games' respective deals still have TBA...[/QUOTE]
It up now, go for it.

[quote name='teknotronic']So is Kmart not going to be stocking the PC version of Bulletstorm, or is it just not part of the SYWR promotion? Only shows PS3/360 icons on the OP.[/QUOTE]
Yeppers, just console.

[quote name='Blank Earth']Homefront offer works for me. :)

Were you able to work anything out for any of the HD collections releasing the 22nd?[/QUOTE]
Ubi's going to delay them.

[quote name='knightsdwn']No points to go along with DA2? Color me disappointed.

I do like the Yakuza 4 promo though.[/QUOTE]
Still have time to change it; I'm interested in the feedback. My initial impression is that $30 value is compelling but I'm open to suggestions.

So Josh, was the 10,000 SYWR points for Yakuza 4 the extra part of the deal you mentioned before for those who already own Yakuza 3? That might be obvious, but I thought I'd ask anyway. :)

[quote name='Vigilante']So Josh, was the 10,000 SYWR points for Yakuza 4 the extra part of the deal you mentioned before for those who already own Yakuza 3? That might be obvious, but I thought I'd ask anyway. :)[/QUOTE]
You got it!

[quote name='redsoxfan808']Josh,

Thanks for the updated offers! Still awaiting finalization of the Pokemon offer?[/QUOTE]
Pokemon is really driving me crazy. I'd attach a $10-15 coup on it today if that was available and the SYWR team so far doesn't want touch it so I'm scrambling a bit.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You got it![/QUOTE]Awesome--I wasn't planning on getting Yakuza 4 at release, but now it looks like that'll be changing.

The only other offer I'm considering (before the 3DS launch) is the one for Pokemon White; I can't wait to see what you have planned for that. *crosses fingers for at least "15,000 SYWR points" offer*

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Still have time to change it; I'm interested in the feedback. My initial impression is that $30 value is compelling but I'm open to suggestions.[/QUOTE]

I much prefer a promo that keeps the points train going. I know you'd like to get DA2 players to experience the DLC with the original deal so would a potential promo consisting of half off $20 PSN / 1600 MSP along with $10 - 15 points be possible? It's a best of both worlds scenario.

Agreed, I am a little disappointed with the DA2 deal; the $30 off points is nice, but its got to be an awesome game for me to pay full $60 at release, nevermind paying another $20 for Microsoft points. Decent deal, just not what my wallet can afford right now.

Yakuza 4 deal looks nice; wished I owned a PS3 for that and Killzone :whistle2:#

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'm probably not getting any of those games regardless, but to me the points card offers aren't as good as the regular SYWR or coupon offers.[/QUOTE]
Good feedback, I'll keep scrubbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back