Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Kmart Store #4963 in Morgantown, WV this morning. No copies of Dragon Quest VI, even asked an associate. Plenty of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Xbox 360 games in stock though, but that wasn't what I was after. They had a section of $20.00 or less games up by the registers, got From the Abyss for $10.00 until I can find a deal on Dragon Quest VI. Bad thing was there were 6 people in line with one cashier, I think this store has staffing issues with cashiers or they need to put an extra cashier on payroll as this has happened to me before on a Saturday morning. Seems like one goes on their mandated break and that leaves only one lane open.

[quote name='Saint Noir']He wants a Kmart ad so he doesn't have to buy from Kmart... :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's stupid. No one would match a rewards offer, would they? You people that get ads and match elsewhere.. why? You're taking money away from K-Mart.. and if that happens, they'll stop offering deals on future titles.. so buy your stuff from K-Mart, support them, support Josh, and let's keep these deals going.

[quote name='Scorch']That's stupid. No one would match a rewards offer, would they? You people that get ads and match elsewhere.. why? You're taking money away from K-Mart.. and if that happens, they'll stop offering deals on future titles.. so buy your stuff from K-Mart, support them, support Josh, and let's keep these deals going.[/QUOTE]

I mostly agree with you, but I think this particular person wanted to do it because his nearest Kmart is 40 miles away. Whereas I can literally walk 3 minutes to get to Kmart, not everyone is as fortunate.

I used to shop at Kmart all the time, but they closed (despite my frequent loyalty) but now the closest one is over 40 miles away and I share a car with a 9 1/2 month pregnant wife who I don't want to leave alone for 2 or 3 hours while I go buy a video game. And I have a gift card to best buy...

YOU asked why.... is that reasonable enough?

so about that ad...

[quote name='Scorch']An ad for what? You will automatically get 20k bonus points on your SYWR card.. you don't need an ad for anything.. no reason to convince employees that a deal exists, everything's automatic so you'll get the points whether they're aware of the bonus or not[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Scorch']That's stupid. No one would match a rewards offer, would they? You people that get ads and match elsewhere.. why? You're taking money away from K-Mart.. and if that happens, they'll stop offering deals on future titles.. so buy your stuff from K-Mart, support them, support Josh, and let's keep these deals going.[/QUOTE]

Did you not bother to read the post you replied to?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Starts this Sunday and instore only. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I shot you a message on pebble but with the recent reduction in price of Enslaved to 19.99 Im assuming the deal is dead going forward?

I apparently skipped over the part that said it was 40 miles away.. so my fault on that. I also just saw that Amazon upped their offer on Killzone from $10 to $20 in gaming credit.. so.. yeah. Ignore my post. It's still very early in the morning :lol:

But still, Best Buy would be very unlikely to match a deal involving K-Mart's SYWR program, wouldn't they? I can't see them offering a $20 giftcard to match the SYWR deal.

I used to shop at Kmart all the time, but they closed (despite my frequent loyalty) but now the closest one is over 40 miles away and I share a car with a 9 1/2 month pregnant wife who I don't want to leave alone for 2 or 3 hours while I go buy a video game. And I have a gift card to best buy...

Indeed, and I apologize, like I said, I missed the "40 miles away" part.. but would Best Buy match a SYWR bonus points deal?

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Now to get this for PS3 or 360. Decision time.[/QUOTE]

I noticed 360 games sometime are cheaper. If I have chance to go back, I would go for 360, unless you want to watch blu-ray

Hey Scorch, is your avatar meant to resemble a cock and balls? I always thought that's definitely what it was when looking on my iPhone, but now that I'm seeing a bigger picture I'm thinking I may have wrong. :lol:

I leave for a week and come back to the awesome that is SHC-Gamer yet again doing what he does best. Making deals and taking names!

Have we clarified yet if Dragon Age 2 will be signature edition at release or not? It seemed EA didn't quiet know if it was or not. If not well who cares $30 off a point card that is normally $50 HOLY SCHNIKES!!!

A quick question to SHC_Gamer about Homefront, I am planning on purchasing two copies of this game day one will it be a problem to buy them together? I know in the past it's been wise to purchase them separately especially when it involves SYWR points.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']I used to shop at Kmart all the time, but they closed (despite my frequent loyalty) but now the closest one is over 40 miles away and I share a car with a 9 1/2 month pregnant wife who I don't want to leave alone for 2 or 3 hours while I go buy a video game. And I have a gift card to best buy...

so about that ad...[/QUOTE]

it sounds like many of these deals may be expanding online with josh's plans for the new site so hopefully people who don't have stores nearby might be able to get the deals easier in the future.

I called best buy and they said they would take 20 off, but ONLY if I brought in a legit advert showing this offer is real, I could even print something, but not from a forum.

[quote name='bzchanboy']I leave for a week and come back to the awesome that is SHC-Gamer yet again doing what he does best. Making deals and taking names!

Have we clarified yet if Dragon Age 2 will be signature edition at release or not? It seemed EA didn't quiet know if it was or not. If not well who cares $30 off a point card that is normally $50 HOLY SCHNIKES!!!

A quick question to SHC_Gamer about Homefront, I am planning on purchasing two copies of this game day one will it be a problem to buy them together? I know in the past it's been wise to purchase them separately especially when it involves SYWR points.[/QUOTE]

naw you'll be fine buying them togeather. the system has been remade but now you will only be able to buy two games, anymore and you wont get points.

[quote name='bzchanboy']I leave for a week and come back to the awesome that is SHC-Gamer yet again doing what he does best. Making deals and taking names!

........[/QUOTE]

It will be the regular edition (NOT the Signature Edition).

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Interested in other CAG's impressions on this comment as well. I can't do both: What would be better $20 free or $30 off $50.[/QUOTE]

Is there anyway you could rotate it? Say 1 month the free card next month the 30 off?
That way all the little whiners would be happy! LOL

[quote name='veedubkid']Is there anyway you could rotate it? Say 1 month the free card next month the 30 off?
That way all the little whiners would be happy! LOL[/QUOTE]

No one was whining he asked for peoples opinions and they gave it, stop being retarded.

Today is the last day for the MvC3 deal and I am wondering are the points still not printing out on the receipt or posting to your account? By when next week will the points post to? I want to make sure its in time for new releases.

[quote name='kitm9891']I shot you a message on pebble but with the recent reduction in price of Enslaved to 19.99 Im assuming the deal is dead going forward?[/QUOTE]
The $25 off will be a combination of calling out the new savings of $20 off from the regular price and the bonus $5 we are offering.

Similar to how retailers call out say a new price drop on hardware as "was $299.99, now $199.99, save $100"

We'll still have Enslaved at $14.99, Namco just made is easier to get there.

[quote name='cheapgamerone']Today is the last day for the MvC3 deal and I am wondering are the points still not printing out on the receipt or posting to your account? By when next week will the points post to? I want to make sure its in time for new releases.[/QUOTE]
You are correct, they are not posting today. The SYWR team did not specify when the points would post next week but for anyone that needs to I am honoring the KZ3 and Bullestorm $20 points promotion past expiration if anyone is screwed over by any delays.

Sorry if it has been answered...
Do you really have to sign up to receive emails from Kmart in order for your SWYR to be recognized for the extra points?

[quote name='RySenkari']No details on the 3DS or Pokemon Black/White yet, still hammering out the details with Nintendo on those particular deals?[/QUOTE]
I've submitted the promo to Nintendo to make sure I'm not violating any MAP guidelines. Will be another couple of weeks.

[quote name='lordopus99']Sorry if it has been answered...
Do you really have to sign up to receive emails from Kmart in order for your SWYR to be recognized for the extra points?[/QUOTE]
Base points will be awarded regardless, bonus offers require email options.

Thanks SHC for the excellent deal on Marvel Vs. Capcom. I had given up on Kmart because my local store was pretty bad, but I found a new location that is much better. I signed up for the rewards account and updated everything as stated in the first post so hopefully everything works out with obtaining those bonus points sometime next week. I am glad I found the store because deals like this and the upcoming Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2 are insane. : ) +++ The $15 Enslaved tomorrow, I checked my store and they had 3 copies available so I should be able to get a copy, I missed alot of the sales on the game last year so I am glad it's finally dropping down to a price that I cant pass on.

[quote name='DarkRider23']First page, much?[/QUOTE]

What about it? Those are the skus for the version without the incredibly valuable buzzers. At least I'm assuming as that's not the SKU on my receipt. They also had the buzzer-less copies for $29.99.

Also, this store hasn't had this game in stock that I've ever seen. Must have been found in the back and marked down. These bundles have been out of stock everywhere for months, and they're worth nearly three times what I paid... just thought I'd share in case anyone else has seen them sitting around at their kmarts.

[quote name='fujimitsu']What about it? Those are the skus for the version without the incredibly valuable buzzers. At least I'm assuming as that's not the SKU on my receipt. They also had the buzzer-less copies for $29.99.

Also, this store hasn't had this game in stock that I've ever seen. Must have been found in the back and marked down. These bundles have been out of stock everywhere for months, and they're worth nearly three times what I paid... just thought I'd share in case anyone else has seen them sitting around at their kmarts.[/QUOTE]

29.97 SCEA BUZZ TV QUIZ BUPS3 9814

that one? there's no sku there. i'm 99% sure it's the bundle.

If this question has already been asked I apologize but I was wondering if you can use SYWR points on a video game and still earn the bonus SYWR points as well. In other words, use the 25,000 points from MvC3 and buy KZ3 to receive 20,000 SYWR points? Thanks!

[quote name='thanossurfer']If this question has already been asked I apologize but I was wondering if you can use SYWR points on a video game and still earn the bonus SYWR points as well. In other words, use the 25,000 points from MvC3 and buy KZ3 to receive 20,000 SYWR points? Thanks![/QUOTE]

yes, that will work

Finally ran into my first problem with my K-Mart store. Didn't receive squat bonus points when buying MvC3 PS3 version. I bought the game using what I THOUGHT was my SYWR rewards card (since I received it in the mail) only to find out that it literally belongs to NO ONE when they checked it. So I went back and returned and rebought the game using MY rewards number only to find I still didn't get the points.

Sent Josh an e-mail.

Josh, I'm eying Dragon Age 2, Homefront, and Crysis 2. My problem is I live in NJ.

Is it safe to say that since I can't take advantage of the discounts/free 360/PS3 cards, that I can get gift cards to make up for it by emailing you?

I just want to make sure that this policy will still be in effect before committing to buy the upcoming games. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Finally ran into my first problem with my K-Mart store. Didn't receive squat bonus points when buying MvC3 PS3 version. I bought the game using what I THOUGHT was my SYWR rewards card (since I received it in the mail) only to find out that it literally belongs to NO ONE when they checked it. So I went back and returned and rebought the game using MY rewards number only to find I still didn't get the points.

Sent Josh an e-mail.[/QUOTE]

points will show up sometime next week cuz of a glitch (i hope)

[quote name='confoosious']29.97 SCEA BUZZ TV QUIZ BUPS3 9814

that one? there's no sku there. i'm 99% sure it's the bundle.[/QUOTE]

Sorry assumed 9814 was an item number. You may be right though "bu" might stand for bundle.

They also had the standalone versions of both this and world for that price. Given that there are only 2 listings in that clearance post there's one of them missing.

Either way it's definitely not clear in the OP, and this is an insanely good deal for anyone whose store still has this. Well worth checking out if you have one near by.

This is probably enough pointless pedantry though, gotta leave room for the steady stream of "why i no get points?!".

I just went out to buy this at my local kmart, I hope the points show up next week! Also, where can I check how many points I currently have? Is it only when I make a purchase that I can see them?

So the Buzz! Quiz TV on the OP is the bundle, I just walked out of K-mart with it for $29.97, they also had 2 more copies of it. However, the Buzz! Quiz World on the OP is NOT the bundle as that was not marked down when I asked them to price check it. The 4digit number on the OP for Quiz TV is part of the UPC code (but not the last 4 digits) and the 5 digit number for Quiz World did not match anything on the UPC of the bundle at the store so I figure that's for the standalone game.

Also, I'm so thankful that my K-mart/area doesn't have resellers or hoarders because I finally caved in and bought the 2 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy that have been sitting in the Wii section for 6+ months.

Also, I was unable to find You Don't Know Jack for the PS3. They had it for the 360 and Wii in their clearance section but did not have it for the PS3 in either the clearance or new releases. Oh well...I already spent $200 there today.

Edit: Oh, also, the store had a display as soon as I walked into the store with SYWR cards and 6-pack bottles of Coke products with a sign that said something along the lines of "Sign up for a SYWR card and get a free pack of soda!" Nice incentive to sign up for an already free and rewarding program. I thought about signing up for another one just for the soda but figured that'd be abusing the system and I already enjoy all the nice discounts and stuff I get from K-mart.

[quote name='elevendy']I just went out to buy this at my local kmart, I hope the points show up next week! Also, where can I check how many points I currently have? Is it only when I make a purchase that I can see them?[/QUOTE]

You can see your points when you log in on the shopyourwayrewards website. Which you will need to do in order to subscribe to the emails (which is required! see:OP), emails subscription is required for points.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I didn't want to touch this ever again after it ruined my labor day weekend, but it will be $20 off next week as well.

Blog hitters will be $14.99 on Enslaved, Dead Space 2 $44.99 and Starcraft $39.99.

Probably going to hit Vanquish at $27.99 the following week along with the PS3 version of our Black Ops promotion earlier this month.[/QUOTE]

enslaved for 14.99?!?!! im all over that.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You are correct, they are not posting today. The SYWR team did not specify when the points would post next week but for anyone that needs to I am honoring the KZ3 and Bullestorm $20 points promotion past expiration if anyone is screwed over by any delays.[/QUOTE]

Cool, Josh. I bought MvC3 for the 360 along with Dragon Quest VI today and of course, the bonus points from MvC3 didn't reflect on the receipt. I'm hoping the points will get added by next Saturday so I can pick up Killzone 3 but it's nice to know that if $25 in points hasn't gone through by then, you'll have our backs for the Killzone 3 or Bulletstorm promos when the MvC3 points are added to our accounts.

[quote name='fujimitsu']You can see your points when you log in on the shopyourwayrewards website. Which you will need to do in order to subscribe to the emails (which is required! see:OP), emails subscription is required for points.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot! I just signed up for the emails!

Picked up MvsC for the PS3 yesterday and was shocked that they had a Little Big Planet 2 CE on the shelf and picked it up. If only they had it during the LBP2 promo. Now all I have to do is go back and pickup my poster.

[quote name='GoldenChocobo77']I'm sure this has been asked before, but will the $15 Enslaved price be active tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so. I want to pick up a copy for Goozex and myself. Still holding a solid value on there, 900/950.

[quote name='sdclippers']I am in if its the 20 bucks for a 50 buck card.[/QUOTE]

Josh said it will be activated through all kmart store chains starting tomorrow for the week.

Went down to the local store to see if I could find some of the clearance games. Also decided to grab DQ on this trip, if it was still in stock.

Struck out on both counts. Oh well.

Wasn't a total loss as I finally found a Batmobile Stealth Rides car. I'd been looking for one since before the holidays and this was the first time I found one in any store. My MvC3 points didn't last very long:)

I'm more interested in the $30 off the 50 card offering. I only bought a PS3 recently and have been waiting for some kind of a point card deal, so the higher value card is much more appealing. The thing is, while I enjoyed the first DA on the PC, I was determined to wait out DA2 until the final, complete edition became inevitably available. The point card deal is making me reconsider that.

If it were just the free 20 card, I'd be more likely to wait until the same were being offered with a game that I was otherwise sure to buy.

Still not 100% sold either way, though if I have gift cards or points to use, it's a good possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back