Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='QiG']For anyone looking on the west side of Cleveland, there's no Enslaved at the K-Mart on Bagley but about 8-10 with the comic book at the one on Brookpark/Ridge.

Kind of surprising considering that the K-Mart on Brookpark has more of a ghetto urban clientele but the electronics section is real nice there compared to the neglected dump of a section they crammed in the corner at the one on Bagley.[/QUOTE]

So true about the clientele. I went there to pick up Dead Space when it was on sale for $10 a couple weeks ago and I swear I won't go back unless there's no where else to get a game. Anyway, I got the second to last PS3 copy of Enslaved at the Broadview Rd. location. No comic book, and the game came in weird shrink wrap, like it had been resealed. The other copy was like that too. The upc had a sticker over it (on the game box itself, not just the shrink wrap) with the regular number, so hopefully Amazon takes it in trade because the one underneath looks different from what I can see.

Also, I didn't really look but I don't think the clearance had been done at that store yet. Seemed to be exactly the same stuff outside the case as last time I went in a couple weeks ago, but don't quote me on that. Still many different titles behind each other in the case as well, but the games seem to be selling well since there were what seemed to be way less copies of individual titles then when I started buying there last summer.

[quote name='could have won']So true about the clientele. I went there to pick up Dead Space when it was on sale for $10 a couple weeks ago and I swear I won't go back unless there's no where else to get a game. Anyway, I got the second to last PS3 copy of Enslaved at the Broadview Rd. location. No comic book, and the game came in weird shrink wrap, like it had been resealed. The other copy was like that too. The upc had a sticker over it (on the game box itself, not just the shrink wrap) with the regular number, so hopefully Amazon takes it in trade because the one underneath looks different from what I can see.

Also, I didn't really look but I don't think the clearance had been done at that store yet. Seemed to be exactly the same stuff outside the case as last time I went in a couple weeks ago, but don't quote me on that. Still many different titles behind each other in the case as well, but the games seem to be selling well since there were what seemed to be way less copies of individual titles then when I started buying there last summer.[/QUOTE]

Same here, the copies at my store had the exact same shrink wrap and sticker over the UPC. Hopefully I'll get lucky with the third store I check tonight..

[quote name='sunghost']Same here, the copies at my store had the exact same shrink wrap and sticker over the UPC. Hopefully I'll get lucky with the third store I check tonight..[/QUOTE]
Quick question, more just for my benefit. With the MSRP of Enslaved being dropped to $19.99 wouldn't Amazon.com's trade in price reflect this valuation as well? I can't imagine anyone getting more than $15 bucks on a trade in. Maybe I'm mistaken.

[quote name='Katsumi87']Stopped by around 12:30pm, all of the game sales were already marked (yay!). Picked up Enslaved and a few random items :) Thank you Josh![/QUOTE]
I'm really hoping for better execution this week. The blog was communicated to the field in a new way.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm really hoping for better execution this week. The blog was communicated to the field in a new way.[/QUOTE]

It is improving a LOT. A few months ago, the prices weren't really marked clearly or at all until Monday / Tuesday. Even the clearance titles were organized in a bin :) Now I just need to get my store on Kmart's site - it doesn't show up there or the mygofer site, although it may just be a low volume store

I would love the $19.99 treatment for FF13 by the way if there's ever a slow point for sales :D

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Quick question, more just for my benefit. With the MSRP of Enslaved being dropped to $19.99 wouldn't Amazon.com's trade in price reflect this valuation as well? I can't imagine anyone getting more than $15 bucks on a trade in. Maybe I'm mistaken.[/QUOTE]

You're right, but sometimes they're slow to update. The 360 version trades in at $11.25 and the PS3 at $17.50.. It's not worth it at all.

So Josh I take it as a no for any deals on 3rd Birthday and FF IV: Complete Collection on PSP? Just want to double check before I preorder at Gamestop. Thanks again.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Quick question, more just for my benefit. With the MSRP of Enslaved being dropped to $19.99 wouldn't Amazon.com's trade in price reflect this valuation as well? I can't imagine anyone getting more than $15 bucks on a trade in. Maybe I'm mistaken.[/QUOTE]

Not as of last night. Still trading PS3 for $17.50. Actually, I checked a couple hours ago and it's still the same. I might even try to sell it used under my Amazon seller account if the price doesn't change. The lowest used copy they have was going for about $20 as of this morning, and it isn't listed as pristine. My games are always in like new shape anyway, so hopefully I can finish the game within the next couple days and sell it to at least break even. That's been my plan in conjunction with your amazing deals over the past couple months anyway, my games hobby has actually become self-sustaining.

Also can you redeem SYWR points without the card? I've lost my card but I can still use it as the stores can pull it up by my email address.

Just got back from kmart. Painless experience this time. Got Enslaved w/ comic for ps3 and SCII. Both ran up sale prices without a hitch. Points posted to SYWR site immediately.

GREAT experience today overall. Thanks again Josh for the incredible deals!

[quote name='martinez91']I have to question the effectiveness of using pebble as a reliable distribution of information, as you cannot access it when you're not clocked in. I myself have logged in twice, once while setting it up the first time and the second time when HR said we had to "follow" certain higher ups. I don't understand quite what they are trying to accomplish with pebble, since nobody has any time to get on while actually at work. I don't know if its just the store I work at or the whole chain (assuming the latter from everything I hear on this forum) but we electronic workers are spread pretty thin, also doing other departments.

Maybe you can elaborate on what pebble is supposed to be like?[/QUOTE]
I believe this may also be due to legal reasons. If you access work-related materials while off the clock as an hourly worker (i.e. not salaried), then IIRC, you must be paid. I don't remember specifics of this though, so I can't say with any certainty that this is the case, but it's possible.

Glad I passed on previous Enslaved price drops. Ran to the Kmart around the corner when I read this post.
At first , I couldn't find any 360 copies (although I have a PS3 too). Employee dug deep into the back shelf and came out with a arm load of them. This was at the Oak Park, MI store.

They also had a table of recently marked down games. I picked up Metro 2033 for $29.99. $10 cheaper than Gamestop. Two great games for $45!

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh,

Is there a promo if we buy DS2 we get 50% off another 59.99 title or am I thinking of ME2 promo?[/QUOTE]

You're thinking of a promo that ended over a week ago.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Awesome......I'm hoping you sent me a note on this. Absolutely ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I am sure this is talked about semi-often in this thread, but I want to add to the SHC-Gamer/Josh praise.

I have a lot of amazon credit due to trade-in flips from BBV, but thanks to Josh I have chosen to save that money for bigger price drops/DotD items. I've never seen a company rep care so much about his customers, it's really surprising. Constant communication via emails, blog, CAG, and even phone.

My recent experience at K-Mart for MvC3 was overall semi-flawless. I went in Tuesday to get my PS3 copy and had zero issues. The next day I was talking to a friend of mine over XBL and he doesn't have K-Mart and only has a 360 so I offered to exchange my PS3 copy for the 360 and then get him a 360 copy for $40 shipped. I went to the store and exchanged my copy and bought an additional copy using my SYWR points ( I had approx. $140 worth of points saved up) and at the end of the transaction I asked the cashier to check the balance, it was only $21 and change instead of $71 and change.

I told her not to worry about it that I am sure I can contact the rewards program and have it fixed. I got home and decided to call Josh at the number he provides in his emails. I explained the situation and he told me to email him my receipt number and address and he is sending a $55 gift card my way.

This is EXCELLENT customer service that was painless and I have only ever experienced from Best Buy Reward Zone Silver or Amazon CSS and even then doesn't happen that often.

It's a breath of fresh air to know that people high on the corporate totem poll care about the people who actually pay for their job instead of thinking of them as sheep. I know this was a long post, but I just wanted to voice my appreciation for Josh and everything he's done for CAG, video gamers in general, and K-Mart's reputation in our/my eyes.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Also can you redeem SYWR points without the card? I've lost my card but I can still use it as the stores can pull it up by my email address.[/QUOTE]

You have to have your member number. They have to type that in instead of your phone number. A guy at my store told me this so he wrote my number down for me and I just hand them the piece of paper with the number now when I checkout. Then you can use your points as normal.

Man that way people are talking lately on here we gonna start a " Josh is the best" thread .......which he is thanks for fixing my gc problem

Awesome again Josh....walked in and picked up Enslaved and a few additional goodies...everything was marked on the glass case - including Enslaved.

are the SYWR points back on schedule for this week or all they all shut down until later this week??

will KZ3/Bullestorm points show up right away?? delay??

does god even know???

[quote name='BlockheadBrown']Picked up Enslaved for 360. The PS3 version was ringing up at $19.99 for some reason. Should I have one over another?[/QUOTE]

If you're asking if there's a superior version, people have posted here on CAG that the 360 version is slightly superior.. but not by much.

Looks like I'm buying Homefront at K-Mart...

I already have Dragon Age 2 pre-ordered with GameStop, or else I'd get that there, too. I'm wondering how this "Premium Edition" works with Dragon Age...are they going to dedicate the entire first run to it? Or is it only going to be available to pre-orders, while the rest of the copies shipped are the normal version?

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Just wondering, is Enslaved's offer in-store only? Just checked Kmart.com and it doesn't even show up if I search...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's in-store only

[quote name='sunghost']If you're asking if there's a superior version, people have posted here on CAG that the 360 version is slightly superior.. but not by much.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! :)

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah, it's in-store only[/QUOTE]

Dang :cry:

[quote name='Azuvidexus']SHC-Gamer, please make offers available online as well! :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Altanis']Most have been. The only exceptions that I know of are ME2, LBP2, and DS2. ME2/LBP2 have $20 coupons online instead of B1G1 50% off, since the coupons are tied directly to your account there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GreyFox787']Looks like I'm buying Homefront at K-Mart...

I already have Dragon Age 2 pre-ordered with GameStop, or else I'd get that there, too. I'm wondering how this "Premium Edition" works with Dragon Age...are they going to dedicate the entire first run to it? Or is it only going to be available to pre-orders, while the rest of the copies shipped are the normal version?[/QUOTE]

The signature edition was for people who pre-ordered at the locations who took pre-orders prior to Jan 11th, everywhere else including kmart will be selling the regular edition only if you didnt pre-order.

im liking the dragon age deal, with the $50 psn card I could pick up the DLC that comes with signature edition, lol glad i waited and I feel bad for those who pre order it

Would nab Dj Hero 2 for sure but the tracklist does not appeal to me in any way, and in my opinion, the mixes weren't as good as the first, which had just ridiculously great tracks.

Can't wait to see the Pokemon deal. Don't care what it is, but something is better than nothing, which is what pretty much everyone is giving away at launch. (I know Amazon has a $5 credit).

[quote name='VaultDweller']im liking the dragon age deal, with the $50 psn card I could pick up the DLC that comes with signature edition, lol glad i waited and I feel bad for those who pre order it[/QUOTE]

Not all of the DLC from the signature edition is buyable via PSN/XBL, just the extra character and the missions that come with it are, extra weapons and such are not.

so would kmart have bulletstorm on the 22nd or 23rd? cuz im off work tues not wed, and i really want that epic version

Kinda disappointed by the offer on MLB 11 the Show. Was expecting more to honest - I guess baseball doesn't have the pull like the NBA games do?

[quote name='n10zguy']My Kmarts sucked when it came to DQ6. Out of 4 Kmarts, Only 2 of them got copies. Well, I should say that only 2 bothered to put copies out and even then they only got 3 copies each, which apparently I missed because each time I tried to call to see if they got them in, I would normally have to wait 15-30 mins for someone in electronics to bother answering or for anyone to acknowledge I was still waiting, that I would have to give up (I seriously have an iphone screencap of my 33 min of waiting for one store). I did however waste a lot of time going to all 4 stores everyday, which is how I found out I missed them at 2 of the stores and the other 2 stores constantly said they never got the game in. When I pointed out the weekly ad saying it was available the 16th and asked if they could check the back, one store said "It is not our policy to do inventory checks during store hours". To which my reply was "Look, if you're gonna be lazy, just own up to being lazy. I can't force you to go back there, but I can write a letter" and then walked away. The other store's attendant responded by giving me what felt like a 5 minute explanation of how their inventory system works (like I was 12 and somehow it required a PhD to fathom) and how they always have their inventory out as soon as it comes in (This was the same store that still had not put out MvC3 by 8pm on the 16th).

Working for an airline, I constantly hear the phrase "I will never fly you guys again". To this the same thought always goes through my head: "You will if we are cheap enough". I guess the same holds true here.
If it werent for the deals and Josh being Kmart's only redeeming customer service marvel, I'd give up on them altogether.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you are near Birmingham, but I went to the Irondale store today and it was a complete mess. I had not been since before Christmas and it seems that the case has not been organized since then. There are front facing games (usually 3 or 4 deep) that are not the same, and behind those you can see spine out games. On top of all this, there are games just thrown in the case as well. The peg wall for accessories near the game case is nearly empty too. And I did not see (or ask for) any copies of DQ6.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Awesome......I'm hoping you sent me a note on this. Absolutely ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Josh - should we be emailing you about situations like this or wait until the new plan-o-gram is done and hope it gets fixed? I know you have a lot of other things going on, like bringing us great deals and taking care of your family life, so I don't want to add anymore emails that keep you up until 2 am if it is not necessary.

Has anyone seen starcraft 2 at there kmart after not seeing it there before. I want to get it but last time I went there was no sc2 in in sight. I am hoping they got some this week.

I just cant decide if I will wait out the addition of the MvC3 points to buy KZ3, or just preorder from Amazon. Amazon now has a $20 credit, no tax, can be delivered on release day, Amazon exclusive in game MP unlock points, and a KZ3 retro map pack. I do know that I would not have bought MvC3 if not for the $25 advertisement since I planned to used it at the launch of KZ3.

not to mention its a pain every time I try to get my kmart to honor anything posted on kmartgamer.com. I know the hard work of SHC-Gamer will really pay off one day, but I guess its just growing pains until then.

Grabbed Enslaved and Wet ps3 at Kmart an hour ago.
Not so messy but definitely can be improved. Main problem is I waited about 10 mins after someone in front of me paged for an attendant.

[quote name='noone13']You have to have your member number. They have to type that in instead of your phone number. A guy at my store told me this so he wrote my number down for me and I just hand them the piece of paper with the number now when I checkout. Then you can use your points as normal.[/QUOTE]

I think they can look up your member number, but they need the 4-8 digit pin which you can change on the SYWR site. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

just got back from my local kmart. as usual noone in the electronics section freakin ghost town i hate that bout my kmart. and I couldnt find any copies of Enslaved.
:(

Not sure if this has been asked already, looked back 3 pages and didn't see anything.

If we bought Dead Space 2 on launch day, with the free $20 PSN/XBL card, do we still qualify for a price match of the games current price?
Does K-Mart even offer a price match within 30 days of their own prices?

Thanks

[quote name='megma42']I think they can look up your member number, but they need the 4-8 digit pin which you can change on the SYWR site. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.[/QUOTE]

My member number has been sufficient in my experience using SYWR for the past couple of weeks. No one has asked for my pin number.

Edit: You're right. When redeeming points, they'll need your pin number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back