Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bzchanboy']I did but I think it might have gotten middled into the mess thats all been going on. That or I need to get the whip out on Comcast's service!

The store in question is #4349 Redwood City Ca[/QUOTE]
I'm sure I've got it then. I am backed up from 3:00p.m. on Wed.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The coupon system makes its triumphant return for the 3DS launch :) [/QUOTE]

Great, look forward to it. Any chance these coupons will be upgraded to be usable at Sears as well? I'm pretty far from a Kmart, but make the journey when the deals are good enough, as they will probably be for the 3DS launch.

If there's ever a day when these deals extend to Sears as well, that'll be a great day indeed.

[quote name='dino88']Josh, I think you need to get some sleep. The store number was in the post you just quoted.[/QUOTE]
LOL, very true. 2 a night isn't cutting it. I was more referring to a reference email as I use that for internal follow up and to make sure a task list is created that I can check off so no one is left behind.

[quote name='mkelehan']Great, look forward to it. Any chance these coupons will be upgraded to be usable at Sears as well? I'm pretty far from a Kmart, but make the journey when the deals are good enough, as they will probably be for the 3DS launch.

If there's ever a day when these deals extend to Sears as well, that'll be a great day indeed.[/QUOTE]
I would also love the day when Sears will be in a position to participate. It won't be with the coupon relaunch though unfortunately.

Aww balls I screwed up too. I signed up there and then when I purchased the game so I wasn't signed up for the emails. I kept my receipt though and I just emailed Josh.

Just so I keep reiterating it consistently, the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 points are due to be posted in everyone's SYWR account that is eligible to receive bonus offers and purchased the game by this weekend. I have been requesting an update every day on the status and this is the consistent feedback I have received. I will ensure everyone get's their $25 and apologize for the delay. Hang in there! Coupons will be back in only a few more weeks.

I am running behind on email issues since Wed. afternoon. I will work to catch up as quickly as possible.

Thanks all!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just so I keep reiterating it consistently, the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 points are due to be posted in everyone's SYWR account that is eligible to receive bonus offers and purchased the game by this weekend. I have been requesting an update every day on the status and this is the consistent feedback I have received. I will ensure everyone get's their $25 and apologize for the delay. Hang in there! Coupons will be back in only a few more weeks.

I am running behind on email issues since Wed. afternoon. I will work to catch up as quickly as possible.

Thanks all![/QUOTE]

no, thank you!:applause:

Josh, anything planned for the new Mortal Kombat? I'd love to see a deal on the Tournament Edition if you can swing it. And I have a general SWYR question. When redeeming SWYR points, is it an all-or-nothing affair? I assumed that you could determine how many points to redeem in a transaction. I tried to do this on Tuesday after (successfully) chaining K3 to BS. I was told by the cashier that they could only redeem all of the points or none. Is this the case? I can definitely be wrong but I thought I had heard this. Either way, it was only a $5 difference so it wasn't a big deal. As always, thanks for the offers. At this point, they're almost a detriment as I'm buying games faster than I can play them, never mind finish them.

I just got back from my local store and picked up the BUZZ Quiz TV bundle for the $29.99 clearance price and they also had BUZZ Quiz World bundle, but it was ringing up $59.99.

Can you confirm that the BUZZ Quiz World bundle isn't supposed to be $29.99 as it's listed as such in the clearance post. Or is it just the stand alone game?

Thanks!

[quote name='panda911']Josh, anything planned for the new Mortal Kombat? I'd love to see a deal on the Tournament Edition if you can swing it. And I have a general SWYR question. When redeeming SWYR points, is it an all-or-nothing affair? I assumed that you could determine how many points to redeem in a transaction. I tried to do this on Tuesday after (successfully) chaining K3 to BS. I was told by the cashier that they could only redeem all of the points or none. Is this the case? I can definitely be wrong but I thought I had heard this. Either way, it was only a $5 difference so it wasn't a big deal. As always, thanks for the offers. At this point, they're almost a detriment as I'm buying games faster than I can play them, never mind finish them.[/QUOTE]
http://www.shopyourwayrewards.com/sywr/redeeming_do

• At checkout, ask the Associate for your points balance after you present your membership card. Every 1,000 points in your account is worth $1.00 in value.
  • Tell the Associate how many points you want applied to your purchase. Use some or all of your points.
  • If you didn't bring your membership card, no worries! Just tell the Associate your phone number or email address, and they'll look up your account, and then ask you to enter your Shop Your Way Rewards PIN on the key pad to redeem your points.

According to their site, you can tell them to use any amount of your points. The cashier was definitely spreading misinformation.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I just got back from my local store and picked up the BUZZ Quiz TV bundle for the $29.99 clearance price and they also had BUZZ Quiz World bundle, but it was ringing up $59.99.

Can you confirm that the BUZZ Quiz World bundle isn't supposed to be $29.99 as it's listed as such in the clearance post. Or is it just the stand alone game?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
The BUZZ Quiz TV bundle specifies that it's the bundle. The BUZZ Quiz World listed doesn't say it's the bundle. So it's probably just the game.

Unfortunately, my Kmart doesn't have any CE/LE of Lords of Shadow. Disappointing. I rented and beat the game back when it came out and I really enjoyed it (outside of the giant spiders... why, oh why does it always have to be spiders?!), told myself I'd buy it one day. Upon seeing the LE I instantly wanted that to be the edition I bought, so this price, plus the DLC forthcoming, was perfect. Alas... I have no such luck.

Hey, Josh. Seeing how you're working on a Dissidia deal, any chances of a possible 3rd Birthday deal? That's the PSP title I'm anticipating.

[quote name='iflabs']Are points that were used to purchase games/items forfeited when returned? Or will they be added back to the rewards account?[/QUOTE]

They're forfeited when you return that item. You will recieve a refund for the amount you paid, works like a typical coupon would.

Friendly discussions on okamiden?

Like, friendly with other people, but not with kmart?

I think I might be on board for 3DS if my tax return comes in on time.

Pilotwings, Steel Diver, and maybe a ridge racer game. SSF4 DS will be interesting once it drops in price. I'm not interested in paying more for the portable version than I did the home version.

Plus it's just a novelty - not a real way to play that game.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Honestly the only 3DS title announced I am interested in is Ocarina of time, I'm more so looking forward to the NGP.[/QUOTE]

I might feel similarly if I knew the NGP wasn't going to release for a million $ with game launch MSRPs of a non-portable console.

OT: Thanks for your dedication Josh, I hope this job isn't making your hair fall out. Q1: So, I was going to apply my MvC3 rewards to BS: Epic, so I just show you the BS receipt and you'll credit me the points (if they arrive later than Saturday :/). Q2: Previous question I asked, does the ANY Pokemon game apply to Wii titles as well? (I'd ask about GBA/GC titles but I doubt you have any of those. :p)

P.S. @ Josh, get some sleep, my answers can wait until a reasonable hour.

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, when I visited the Oxon Hill, MD Kmart (whose store # I don't know, unfortunately), I noticed that the electronics section didn't have a visible area/table set up for the recent clearance drops, unlike every other Kmart I've been to recently. I know you said that the stores had a week to set up displays after the drops, so I felt I should give you a heads-up.[/QUOTE]

All of the MD \ Va stores I have been to except the oxon hill md (never been) had a clearance bin for games. Some had them up front near the registers others had them back in electronics.

Here is my feild report most items that have been promoted have been in stock even later in the weeks when I would cruise through again. The only issue I see is when a game is released it seems to not be put out on the shelves until the day of.

So people arriving at early depending on who's working may not have gotten to unboxing them or ce's are in other boxes. Usually the end of day stuff is fully out.

For the most part people have been willing to go and check the boxes but somethings get lost and put out later.

On another note it will be interesting to see how people respond to the yakuza 4 deal. Yakuza reminds me of snakes on a plane tons of people scream for it few I know acually own it. Just my thoughts. Great game I am in for 1.

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, when I visited the Oxon Hill, MD Kmart (whose store # I don't know, unfortunately), I noticed that the electronics section didn't have a visible area/table set up for the recent clearance drops, unlike every other Kmart I've been to recently. I know you said that the stores had a week to set up displays after the drops, so I felt I should give you a heads-up.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, another Oxon Hill person. :imwithst:

No, no, I'm kidding. Anyway, they usually put stuff on the open shelves to the left of the glass cases. Shovelware goes in the bin near the electronics register.

I almost wish they didn't do this, though. At both the Annandale and Oxon Hill stores, I find games that have been unwrapped/sliced open and the disc or card stolen all the time. You just can't put stuff like that out in the open at these ghetto stores.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Did they ring it up for you? They may not have had it stickered correctly but it definitely should work at the register. It's been selling like crazy at $14.99.[/QUOTE]

Hi Josh. Enslaved has been out of stock online (both 360 and PS3). Any chance it will be available before the $14.99 price ends? Great price, but the nearest store is still too far to justify a trip.

[quote name='gantt']Hi Josh. Enslaved has been out of stock online (both 360 and PS3). Any chance it will be available before the $14.99 price ends? Great price, but the nearest store is still too far to justify a trip.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the $14.99 price was ever honored online....

Edit: However if you can't pick it up at Kmart, Amazon has it for $19.99 with FSSS (PS3) and $18.44 with FSSS (360).

Hi Josh,

I know this has been asked before but could you elaborate on the following offer:

:ps3: 3-8 MLB 11: The Show Offer 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - Free with PS3 160GB purchase

Do you know if that will include ANY PS3 160GB purchase? Or just the core system... (obviously I'm eyeing the KZ3 bundle 160GB system).

Thanks for taking the time to respond

[quote name='GBAstar']I don't think the $14.99 price was ever honored online....

Edit: However if you can't pick it up at Kmart, Amazon has it for $19.99 with FSSS (PS3) and $18.44 with FSSS (360).[/QUOTE]

The $14.99 price is listed on kmart.com, so if they didn't honor it when (if) they had it in stock, that would be a Problem.

Thanks for the Amazon info. I've got Kmart points/credit I'd like to use.

Mr. Deane, are there going to be any regular DS game deals upcoming besides pokemon? Just wondering because I've decided I'm getting a 3DS, but at launch theres maybe a single 3DS game I'll want for it (pilotwings). So I'd like to pick up some regular DS games until something decent releases for 3DS.

Also I'll just reiterate what I said in case you missed it the first time...for the people having problems with getting their SYWR points, can't you just send them an egift card? According to the site theyre good online and in store, and it seems like it'd be quicker for everyone. If you didnt miss that the first time sorry and by all means ignore it again :)!

I can't believe I will have bought 5 fuckckn' new releases from Feb 22 - Mar 15.
(KZ3. BS, DA2, Homefront, Y4)

I was only gonna get KZ3 & Homefront...............damn you josh w/ these deals!!

[quote name='GBAstar']Hi Josh,

I know this has been asked before but could you elaborate on the following offer:

:ps3: 3-8 MLB 11: The Show Offer 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - Free with PS3 160GB purchase

Do you know if that will include ANY PS3 160GB purchase? Or just the core system... (obviously I'm eyeing the KZ3 bundle 160GB system).

Thanks for taking the time to respond

[/QUOTE]

It's any PS3 system, so if your store still has any of the Killzone 3 bundles 2 weeks after it launched. Can't promise it will still be around but any PS3 will work, not just the basic 160GB.

Hey Josh, I just bought Killzone 3 and I had $81 in points. Arent I able to use wahtever amount I want? i wanted to only use $40... but they said nope, have to use the whole thing.. really? I wasnt aware of that? thats kind of eh. Disappointing. I wanted to have $41 left over not $21.

[quote name='AgentXK']Scored the last Tales of Vesperia they had at my local store! Thanks[/QUOTE]
-Excellent! I did to for like 20$$ :D -i was going to get Red Dead, but then i saw Vesperia sitting all alone, and i had been told it was actually a really Fun Game, Which it totally is!, and it's F'ing Hilarious!!.. How is Red Dead Btw??

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']They're forfeited when you return that item. You will recieve a refund for the amount you paid, works like a typical coupon would.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's true. I went to buy Dragon Quest #6, and the employee brought up #9 to the register by mistake. I had about $2.50 in rewards points with which I put toward the game.

When I noticed later I had the wrong game, I went and returned it, and the points went back into my account and were there immediately for buying #6.

K-Mart should try and run a cheap game deal such as Enslaved at least once every two weeks. More game steals for $15 to $20 would be amazing.

[quote name='shoe478']I love corporations.

19.97 TIGER WOODS 06 PSP 14929/PSP
14.97 TIGER WOODS 07 PSP 15209/PSP
14.97 TIGER WOODS 08 PSP 15486/PSP[/QUOTE]

Tiger Woods 06 was before the whole Tiger Woods getting in an affair and crashing into a tree thing.

When will a Tiger Woods game have mini-games where you crash into trees and leave voice-mails?

[quote name='ubdu']I don't think that's true. I went to buy Dragon Quest #6, and the employee brought up #9 to the register by mistake. I had about $2.50 in rewards points with which I put toward the game.

When I noticed later I had the wrong game, I went and returned it, and the points went back into my account and were there immediately for buying #6.[/QUOTE]

Personally did a return prior which I used points on and I lost my points, maybe inconsistency.

SHC, fucking great Pokemon Deal. I was going to order both from Amazon for the combined $10 credit, but this is cheaper and I dont have to wait a day. I'll just need to check my Kmart for what time they will stock the games that Sunday.

I'm tied of reading points/coupons issues. AM I THE ONLY ONE don't have any problems with coupons/points? I have questions, but when actually purchasing the games, the promotions are fine.

Since the promotion launched back in August/September 2010, I have not contacted Josh for anything. I guess I'm tired of hearing cashiers talking about coupon fraud, return frauds... It makes me feel like I'm not welcome there.

I've never had a problem with coupons or points either so i don't get what the big problem is. Go in, act like it's gonna work... and it works.

Guess I just got a good kmart.

So is the demand for the Limited Edition Pokemon Black or white DSI going to be in high? That is, will it actually in fact be very limited? I live in a pretty low key gaming area (as in I wont feel bad about scooping it up to flip if its the only one because nobody would be likely to buy it here anyway) I just want to know if its going to be difficulty to find and at least make me my money back on it for a free copy of Pokemon if I sell it online.

Add me as not having problems and also sick of hearing people that do in this thread. Just to see some of Josh's posts I have to go through pages of crap and sift for new/important info for deals.

I wouldve bought one of the DS Pokemon bundles if nintendo had half a brain and bundled it with an XL. But now a days I dont expect nintendo to actually do something thats marketed torwards me.

Im starting to get worried about my 25000 points from my MvC purchase. I was holding off on bugging Josh but reading through it seems maybe I should email or PM him my receipt and info to just be on the safe side. I really hate giving people unneeded extra work.

[quote name='Ribkage']I wouldve bought one of the DS Pokemon bundles if nintendo had half a brain and bundled it with an XL. But now a days I dont expect nintendo to actually do something thats marketed torwards me.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what this means. Why is nintendo stupid for bundling it with the dsi instead of the xl?

[quote name='Ribkage']I wouldve bought one of the DS Pokemon bundles if nintendo had half a brain and bundled it with an XL. But now a days I dont expect nintendo to actually do something thats marketed torwards me.

Im starting to get worried about my 25000 points from my MvC purchase. I was holding off on bugging Josh but reading through it seems maybe I should email or PM him my receipt and info to just be on the safe side. I really hate giving people unneeded extra work.[/QUOTE]

Why are you getting worried? He stated they will be there Saturday. No need to get worried until 11:59 Saturday night. If not, he will fix it. He has proven that he is a man of his word and we have no reason not to trust him. Just relax.

[quote name='confoosious']I don't understand what this means. Why is nintendo stupid for bundling it with the dsi instead of the xl?[/QUOTE]

Dont bundle your new game with the new version of the console! That would only make sence! Lately Im just disappointed with nintendo. Like I said, nothing they do is marketed torwards me anymore.

[quote name='hoofrog']Why are you getting worried? He stated they will be there Saturday. No need to get worried until 11:59 Saturday night. If not, he will fix it. He has proven that he is a man of his word and we have no reason not to trust him. Just relax.[/QUOTE]

Theres just so much to keep track of. Im worried due to my own lack of reading skills I think, lol.

[quote name='Serpentor']I'm tied of reading points/coupons issues. AM I THE ONLY ONE don't have any problems with coupons/points? I have questions, but when actually purchasing the games, the promotions are fine.

Since the promotion launched back in August/September 2010, I have not contacted Josh for anything. I guess I'm tired of hearing cashiers talking about coupon fraud, return frauds... It makes me feel like I'm not welcome there.[/QUOTE]

Are you bitching about people bitching on this thread or are you tired that these problems still exist since the launch of the coupon/point program?

If it's the former I guarantee you that Josh would rather a customer complain here and allow him to remedy the situation rather than return the item and never step into a K-Mart again.

There is a reason for the huge turn around and it started w/ customer service from Josh.

[quote name='Ribkage']Dont bundle your new game with the new version of the console! That would only make sence! Lately Im just disappointed with nintendo. Like I said, nothing they do is marketed torwards me anymore.
[/QUOTE]

It's called getting rid of old inventory.

seeing all of these dead mygamercard sigs makes me sad.

I'm not seeing a good alternative showing up on google either.

[quote name='Serpentor']I'm tied of reading points/coupons issues. AM I THE ONLY ONE don't have any problems with coupons/points? I have questions, but when actually purchasing the games, the promotions are fine.

Since the promotion launched back in August/September 2010, I have not contacted Josh for anything. I guess I'm tired of hearing cashiers talking about coupon fraud, return frauds... It makes me feel like I'm not welcome there.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, never had a problem here either. I'd have to go through my entire game collection for figure out what all I had bought at Kmart, and never have I had an issue with coupons or points.

I have had a problem with idiot employees though. Claiming they didn't get games in, claiming games don't release on Sunday (when it's prominently in the ad 3 feet below their face at the register).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back