Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone bought Fight Night Champion and didn't get 15k bonus points? I only got 600 points and 0 bonus points. What gives?

[quote name='wewill']Ok Im new to the Kmart thing but I have a sywr card and opted in for the emails as (shc) josh recommended. So, I should be good to go, my question is how does the $30 off the $50 cards work. When I purchase DA2 in stores on the 8th do I just purchase the card at the same time and I am discounted at the register or what?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you buy DA2 and the point card as part of the same transaction, the discount should automatically apply to reduce your total.

File this in the too-good-to-get-your-hopes-up folder, but I picked up a Mass Effect 2 CE at Kmart today for $39.99. It was even correctly tagged.

[quote name='salty tbone']File this in the too-good-to-get-your-hopes-up folder, but I picked up a Mass Effect 2 CE at Kmart today for $39.99. It was even correctly tagged.[/QUOTE]

that was reported a while ago. Unfortunately, there's no copies left out there.

You got lucky. Nice score.

[quote name='DPsycho']Yes, if you buy DA2 and the point card as part of the same transaction, the discount should automatically apply to reduce your total.[/QUOTE]

What if your in NJ, like i am?

[quote name='Rapid4ire']What if your in NJ, like i am?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Josh has said that he would send out gift cards to anyone in that situation that emailed him a scan of the receipt. Not 100% certain though but he makes everything else right.

[quote name='Dzey']anyone bought Fight Night Champion and didn't get 15k bonus points? I only got 600 points and 0 bonus points. What gives?[/QUOTE]
Nope. I only buy socks and shoes and post here on occasion.

You should e-mail Josh. Someone else had a similar problem earlier today. I don't know what gives, but I know what you'll receive.

I'm not seeing the big deal with these Shop Your Way Rewards points. I just signed up when I picked up Enslaved for $14.99 and I get an email telling me the points I just earned are going to expire on 3/31. Thank fuck this wasn't an Edge Card like deal where you have to pay to join. How the fuck am I supposed to rack up points for anything if they expire in one month? Sorry K-Mart, but I'm not going to drop $15,000 a month so I can get like $150 worth of points.

SYWR2.jpg

SYWR1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Organization_XIII']I'm not seeing the big deal with these Shop Your Way Rewards points. I just signed up when I picked up Enslaved for $14.99 and I get an email telling me the points I just earned are going to expire on 3/31. Thank fuck this wasn't an Edge Card like deal where you have to pay to join. How the fuck am I supposed to rack up points for anything if they expire in one month? Sorry K-Mart, but I'm not going to drop $15,000 a month so I can get like $150 worth of points.[/QUOTE]

We are excited for the bonuses. The points take a year to expire, the 3/31 expiration e-mail is an error.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I'm not seeing the big deal with these Shop Your Way Rewards points. I just signed up when I picked up Enslaved for $14.99 and I get an email telling me the points I just earned are going to expire on 3/31. Thank fuck this wasn't an Edge Card like deal where you have to pay to join. How the fuck am I supposed to rack up points for anything if they expire in one month? Sorry K-Mart, but I'm not going to drop $15,000 a month so I can get like $150 worth of points.[/QUOTE]

You should've gotten a mea culpa e-mail such as this:

[quote name='dino88']I'm guessing everyone has received or will be receiving the email about the points expiring being a mistake. The email is titled "Oops, we made a mistake!"

Dear Valued Member,

Yesterday, we mistakenly sent you an email informing you that some of your Shop Your Way Rewards℠ points were expiring on 3/31. This was a human error on our part and we want to assure you that this is not the case and your points are still valid.
[/QUOTE]

And if you think you need to drop $15,000 a month to get $150 worth of points, then you're doing it wrong. :)

[quote name='Altanis']The only reason I even noticed was because I knew that my parents use my card (they have the large version, I have the keychain one, which doesn't scan at all... yay), and on the same day I asked my dad to pick up DQ6 for me, he also picked up some other stuff, and the total was over $50 then alone.

Correction, I'm missing almost $60 in purchases this year. I just quickly ran through my points history and there's around $103 or so in purchases, but the system shows $48. I'm curious to find out what "qualified" expenses are, because I'm just going off the base amounts of points earned. Something somewhere ain't adding up right.[/QUOTE]

The keychain is the only one I carry too. Good to know I'm in for a world of trouble in the future, I guess. :whistle2:|

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Holy fuck SYWR website:

Here's what I saw when I just logged in...

Value:$ 51.597000000000001074078326279703787804464809596538543701171875[/QUOTE]

:hot:

Spend a lot? :)

[quote name='dino88']I'm guessing everyone has received or will be receiving the email about the points expiring being a mistake. The email is titled "Oops, we made a mistake!"

Dear Valued Member,

Yesterday, we mistakenly sent you an email informing you that some of your Shop Your Way Rewards℠ points were expiring on 3/31. This was a human error on our part and we want to assure you that this is not the case and your points are still valid.
[/QUOTE]

I wonder if everyone can still get x5 on their next purchase, as a sort of "We're sorry for freaking you out" reward.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']I'd imagine the new coupons system will make the coupons last longer--you know...if they go the "unique" barcode route. If not...then what's the whole damn point. SYWR are better in every way.[/QUOTE]

I also agree. If it's finally solved down to the point where scamming the system can only be done by hacking the network, then the coupons have to last for a longer rate of time. Also, I hope we can use them immediately again.

[quote name='ILLregular']After about 5 weeks, finally got my SYWR card today in the mail :D just in time to spend my $25 in points from MvC3 on DA2 and a PSN card ;)[/QUOTE]

I've seen a bunch of you talking about receiving your SYWR Cards in the mail. Where do live that this is how it's done? Here in Cali there are stacks of cards at every cash register and the first thing a cashier asks is "Would you like to get a SYWR Card today?", which is annoying when you already have one and have heard that for the 1000th time. When you do say yes they scan in the top card of the stack and then enter your information right there, then hand you the card.

See the second post I quoted in this post.

Yeah, that email saying they screwed up was pretty funny to read on my phone. At least they admitted it was a screw-up though.

I know they probably weren't responsible, but let's thank Josh and Andrew (Stock Boy) for their work with that fiasco.

Josh, here's a shot of the Walmart in Neptune, NJ still selling PSN cards..about a mile from store 7602 in Wall, NJ. Hopefully they'll be able to come back in before the Homefront/Crysis offers.

SNC00275.jpg

[quote name='diddy310']Josh, here's a shot of the Walmart in Neptune, NJ still selling PSN cards..about a mile from store 7602 in Wall, NJ. Hopefully they'll be able to come back in before the Homefront/Crysis offers.[/QUOTE]

Walmart?

He wanted to know if competitors were still selling them in New Jersey so they could possibly reintegrate them.

My shitty governor is reclaiming 80,000,000 dollars from unused giftcards so some stores decided to stop selling them in Jersey.

Q: I was looking for an XBLA points card/PSN card, but couldn’t find any in the electronics section. What’s wrong?
A: Sometimes, the XBLA points cards or PSN cards are stocked in the “Gift Card Mall” along with other prepaid cards. If you can’t find any in the electronics section, check any of the Gift Card racks that your local Kmart store may have. Stores are responsible for reordering these cards, if you have a location that does not have any represented on the sales floor please let me know at [email protected]
A2: In response to current New Jersey legislation, Kmart took down all stored value cards including PSN and XBLA cards. If you see any competitors who have not done this please let me know as I would love to reintegrate these cards.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I'm not seeing the big deal with these Shop Your Way Rewards points. I just signed up when I picked up Enslaved for $14.99 and I get an email telling me the points I just earned are going to expire on 3/31. Thank fuck this wasn't an Edge Card like deal where you have to pay to join. How the fuck am I supposed to rack up points for anything if they expire in one month? Sorry K-Mart, but I'm not going to drop $15,000 a month so I can get like $150 worth of points.

[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='diddy310']He wanted to know if competitors were still selling them in New Jersey so they could possibly reintegrate them.

My shitty governor is reclaiming 80,000,000 dollars from unused giftcards so some stores decided to stop selling them in Jersey.[/QUOTE]

Ahh. Interesting.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']I've seen a bunch of you talking about receiving your SYWR Cards in the mail. Where do live that this is how it's done? Here in Cali there are stacks of cards at every cash register and the first thing a cashier asks is "Would you like to get a SYWR Card today?", which is annoying when you already have one and have heard that for the 1000th time. When you do say yes they scan in the top card of the stack and then enter your information right there, then hand you the card.[/QUOTE]

If they get distributed to stores the way I assume they are, the cards are store supplies and are ordered from each store individually. Some stores or warehouses may have run out of em for one reason or another and not reordered or received any recently. Or the managers/employees got tired of handing them out and decided it was easier to tell people they will be mailed one. YMMV.

I don't blame the employees for asking everyone, I'm sure they were coached to do so. I know that the employees at my nearby store have to sign up X number of people a shift, but whether that's corporate or local I don't know.

Or it could be that some of us signed up online and not in store.

I got my card in the mail about a year ago. I signed up in Feb 2010, via the online sign-up they had.

[quote name='AMadcap']If they get distributed to stores the way I assume they are, the cards are store supplies and are ordered from each store individually. Some stores or warehouses may have run out of em for one reason or another and not reordered or received any recently. Or the managers/employees got tired of handing them out and decided it was easier to tell people they will be mailed one. YMMV.

I don't blame the employees for asking everyone, I'm sure they were coached to do so. I know that the employees at my nearby store have to sign up X number of people a shift, but whether that's corporate or local I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure they're coached too (as if it wasn't obvious that that was the case) but couldn't the exchange go more like this:

Cashier - "Hi. Do you have a Shop Your Way Rewards Card?"

1. Yes - "I do." [Hand's over card to receive benefits.]

2. No - "I do not."
Cashier - [Now] "Would you like to get a SYWR Card today?"

This way I wouldn't feel like all they care about is the number of signups, and instead might actually think they care about me receiving rewards.

At my Kmart each cashier has a spread sheet and they are supposed to keep tally's of

A). How many people use a SWYR card when Checking out
B). How many people do NOT have a SYWR card and agree to sign up for one
C). How many people do NOT have a SWYR card and decline to sign up for one

So basically the cashiers are coached to inquire about the customers familiarity with the SYWR in some shape or form.

I know this bugs people but I don't see the big deal. It's no different from GS or BB asking each and everytime I checkout out.

Personally I wish other retailers (Walmart for example) had some sort of rewards card so I could get some type of cash back or incentive to spend

Can anyone confirm they got 15k bonus points from for buying Fight Night Champion? I didn't get 15k bonus points only 600 points. Sorry I already asked this but nobody answered. I don't want to open the game unless I'm sure I will get the bonus points. Thanks

[quote name='GBAstar']At my Kmart each cashier has a spread sheet and they are supposed to keep tally's of

A). How many people use a SWYR card when Checking out
B). How many people do NOT have a SYWR card and agree to sign up for one
C). How many people do NOT have a SWYR card and decline to sign up for one

So basically the cashiers are coached to inquire about the customers familiarity with the SYWR in some shape or form.

I know this bugs people but I don't see the big deal. It's no different from GS or BB asking each and everytime I checkout out.

Personally I wish other retailers (Walmart for example) had some sort of rewards card so I could get some type of cash back or incentive to spend[/QUOTE]

The only problem I have with the way it's currently done is their automatically assuming that I do not have a card.

Imagine if EVERY time you logged on to PSN or Xbox Live the first thing that popped up was a message that said "Welcome! Please create an account". Then you could scroll over to the tab that said "Click here to log in with an existing account".

I'm tired of scrolling over.

There have been many times when I forgot to have the cashier scan my SWYR card because they never asked. This usually happens to me mostly when being rung up at the electronics department of Kmart. Might end up redeeming my points at Sears were it seems to run more smoothly in my experience with the card.

i think i read that josh said this should work but i just want to confirm. if i purchase the killzone 3 160gb ps3 bundle, i should receive mlb the show for free right? will it ring up automatically? and what should i do if it doesn't?

[quote name='dn3g3l']i think i read that josh said this should work but i just want to confirm. if i purchase the killzone 3 160gb ps3 bundle, i should receive mlb the show for free right? will it ring up automatically? and what should i do if it doesn't?[/QUOTE]

Both Josh and Stock Boy have stated this should work. I will not go on record saying it will work because that is assuming a lot. I have my eye on this deal and will certainly take advantage of it as long as it rings correctly.

At the end of the day you should get:

A) Killzone 3 160GB PS3 Bundle
B) MLB: 11 The Show + 15,000pts ($15) for FREE

so I would try and resell both MLB: 11 The Show (no interest) and Killzone 3 (already own it) on eBay for ~ $100 before fees so in the best case scenario (trying to stay optimistic) I would end up with a new PS3 for $200 + 15,000 SYWR points.

[quote name='dn3g3l']i think i read that josh said this should work but i just want to confirm. if i purchase the killzone 3 160gb ps3 bundle, i should receive mlb the show for free right? will it ring up automatically? and what should i do if it doesn't?[/QUOTE]

Both Josh and Stock Boy have stated this should work. I will not go on record saying it will work because that is assuming a lot. I have my eye on this deal and will certainly take advantage of it as long as it rings correctly.

so I would try and resell both MLB: 11 The Show (no interest) and Killzone 3 (already own it) on eBay for ~ $100 before fees so in the best case scenario (trying to stay optimistic) I would end up with a new PS3 for $200 + 15,000 SYWR points.

[quote name='GBAstar']Both Josh and Stock Boy have stated this should work. I will not go on record saying it will work because that is assuming a lot. I have my eye on this deal and will certainly take advantage of it as long as it rings correctly.

so I would try and resell both MLB: 11 The Show (no interest) and Killzone 3 (already own it) on eBay for ~ $100 before fees so in the best case scenario (trying to stay optimistic) I would end up with a new PS3 for $200 + 15,000 SYWR points.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking to pick up another PS3 and I think this is a sweet deal no doubt. I'll sell KZ3 and keep MLB! Perfect. :cool:

[quote name='Dzey']Can anyone confirm they got 15k bonus points from for buying Fight Night Champion? I didn't get 15k bonus points only 600 points. Sorry I already asked this but nobody answered. I don't want to open the game unless I'm sure I will get the bonus points. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I am having the same issue it may be that it is going to just take some time for the 15,000 points to show up. But i sent an email to josh and you should do the same because he will find a way to fix it whether it be getting us the points or sending a giftcard. I opened mine cause i am confident if it dosent show up josh will find a way to fix it.

[quote name='GBAstar']Both Josh and Stock Boy have stated this should work. I will not go on record saying it will work because that is assuming a lot. I have my eye on this deal and will certainly take advantage of it as long as it rings correctly.

so I would try and resell both MLB: 11 The Show (no interest) and Killzone 3 (already own it) on eBay for ~ $100 before fees so in the best case scenario (trying to stay optimistic) I would end up with a new PS3 for $200 + 15,000 SYWR points.[/QUOTE]

I thought Josh mentioned that you won't get the bonus points for MLB The Show if you buy a ps3 and get that game for free.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']No 3DS confirmed offer yet? I'm going to preorder through somewhere else and cancel depending on the deal I suppose.[/QUOTE]

I just received a kmart 3ds preorder email. No bonus info but the fact you can preorder is great. I think it is online and not a reserve pick up at store. Good stuff.

[quote name='aznhero913']I thought Josh mentioned that you won't get the bonus points for MLB The Show if you buy a ps3 and get that game for free.[/QUOTE]

Learn to read the OP before you start asking questions. For now though, I brought the OP to you. Well the important portion of it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
:ps3: 3-8 MLB 11: The Show Offer 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - Free with PS3 160GB purchase

:360::ps3: 3-8 MLB 2k11 Offer 15,000 SYWR Points ($15)[/QUOTE]

***EDIT***
Am I the only person receiving CAG Database Errors when replying this morning?

Working on catching up asap.

Already have an email into the SYWR team regarding the BS points expiring email to see what it is actually referring to. Regardless, not going to let anything wrong happen in that arena.

Some great things coming out of DPS. The NGP is the real deal. I've spent quality time with both the NGP and 3DS and I can definitely say that NGP has captured my attention in a much greater way.

Game of the show, hands down, was Battlefield 3. I have quite honestly never seen anything like it before. I was shown roughly 15 minutes of gameplay from the PC build and it was literally a "next gen" game. My only concern is that it was definitely a PC build that we saw and while EA maintained that the code could be compressed so that no loss of fidelity would occur on the consoles, I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around it.

I double checked and I believe this will work, that you will get the PS3 and MLB AND the $15 in points but I don't think we've ever done any type of competing promos like this before so who knows. Also, I wouldn't count on KZ3 bundle being there as we already have 25%+ stores out of it since it was a one-time shot at launch that we don't have anymore stock to replenish it with.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Working on catching up asap.

Already have an email into the SYWR team regarding the BS points expiring email to see what it is actually referring to. Regardless, not going to let anything wrong happen in that arena.

Some great things coming out of DPS. The NGP is the real deal. I've spent quality time with both the NGP and 3DS and I can definitely say that NGP has captured my attention in a much greater way.

Game of the show, hands down, was Battlefield 3. I have quite honestly never seen anything like it before. I was shown roughly 15 minutes of gameplay from the PC build and it was literally a "next gen" game. My only concern is that it was definitely a PC build that we saw and while EA maintained that the code could be compressed so that no loss of fidelity would occur on the consoles, I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around it.[/QUOTE]

Josh, I know you have been busy but is there any chance to resolve my MvC3 issue before Pokemon release?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Working on catching up asap.

Already have an email into the SYWR team regarding the BS points expiring email to see what it is actually referring to. Regardless, not going to let anything wrong happen in that arena. [/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Haha! I knew this was going to happen.

You don't have to worry. They already sent out a retraction email.

Dear Valued Member,

[/QUOTE]

***EDIT***
Still getting this Database error. In fact I'm still attempting to post this very post in another tab. :roll:

Yeah as a cashier the rewards system is terrible for us. Our managers push us to pressure people into signing up because corporate is giving them a hard time. We have people at my store greeting people trying to sign them up and people following customers around to sign them up. At checkouts we are pressureed so bad that we are counted every hour for how many we have and if we don't get a lot our managers will tell us were not doing very good and the people who do get a lot they get more work hours. I always ask if the customer has a rewards card but after a while you kind of get tired of trying too hard to sign people up after all the harassment you get from your managers and how rude some people can be to you when you try to offer them free money with their orders. Like we'll have greeters as I've said but only select favorites at my store get to be greeters. Around Christmas time there was an offer going around at work saying that whoever gets the most rewards cards will get to pick their schedule for the week. This went on for 4 weeks. Well every time someone was a greeter they would average 20 or more simply because they get to greet people as they come in while us cashiers get yelled at for not signing people up yet they don't think why that is lol. There was another instance where one of our greeters was getting gift cards and special pins because they signed so many people up. The fact that favorites are picked to be greeters they obviously get the rewards. The sad part is that my store picks 3 people to be greeters every time so it makes it unfair for cashiers and other people who work in the store. The rewards card is a great program and there are signs everywhere promoting it plus you get free money on the card every time you make a purchase. We are supposed to ask everyone but when it gets busy you kind of would rather get people in and out to avoid angry customers cause it takes a couple minutes to sign people up.

Yeah as a cashier the rewards system is terrible for us. Our managers push us to pressure people into signing up because corporate is giving them a hard time. We have people at my store greeting people trying to sign them up and people following customers around to sign them up. At checkouts we are pressured so bad that we are counted every hour for how many we have and if we don't get a lot our managers will tell us were not doing very good and the people who do get a lot they get more work hours. I always ask if the customer has a rewards card but after a while you kind of get tired of trying too hard to sign people up after all the harassment you get from your managers and how rude some people can be to you when you try to offer them free money with their orders. Like we'll have greeters as I've said but only select favorites at my store get to be greeters. Around Christmas time there was an offer going around at work saying that whoever gets the most rewards cards will get to pick their schedule for the week. This went on for 4 weeks. Well every time someone was a greeter they would average 20 or more simply because they get to greet people as they come in while us cashiers get yelled at for not signing people up yet they don't think why that is lol. There was another instance where one of our greeters was getting gift cards and special pins because they signed so many people up. The fact that favorites are picked to be greeters they obviously get the rewards. The sad part is that my store picks 3 people to be greeters every time so it makes it unfair for cashiers and other people who work in the store. The rewards card is a great program and there are signs everywhere promoting it plus you get free money on the card every time you make a purchase. We are supposed to ask everyone but when it gets busy you kind of would rather get people in and out to avoid angry customers cause it takes a couple minutes to sign people up.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']I double checked and I believe this will work, that you will get the PS3 and MLB AND the $15 in points but I don't think we've ever done any type of competing promos like this before so who knows. Also, I wouldn't count on KZ3 bundle being there as we already have 25%+ stores out of it since it was a one-time shot at launch that we don't have anymore stock to replenish it with.[/QUOTE]

What about getting MLB 11 and the Move bundle (the one with the console)? That one was pictured in this week's ad, but I don't know what stock is like. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet since MLB has motion controls...

[quote name='ProphetZero']Yeah as a cashier the rewards system is terrible for us. Our managers push us to pressure people into signing up because corporate is giving them a hard time. We have people at my store greeting people trying to sign them up and people following customers around to sign them up. At checkouts we are pressured so bad that we are counted every hour for how many we have and if we don't get a lot our managers will tell us were not doing very good and the people who do get a lot they get more work hours. I always ask if the customer has a rewards card but after a while you kind of get tired of trying too hard to sign people up after all the harassment you get from your managers and how rude some people can be to you when you try to offer them free money with their orders. Like we'll have greeters as I've said but only select favorites at my store get to be greeters. Around Christmas time there was an offer going around at work saying that whoever gets the most rewards cards will get to pick their schedule for the week. This went on for 4 weeks. Well every time someone was a greeter they would average 20 or more simply because they get to greet people as they come in while us cashiers get yelled at for not signing people up yet they don't think why that is lol. There was another instance where one of our greeters was getting gift cards and special pins because they signed so many people up. The fact that favorites are picked to be greeters they obviously get the rewards. The sad part is that my store picks 3 people to be greeters every time so it makes it unfair for cashiers and other people who work in the store. The rewards card is a great program and there are signs everywhere promoting it plus you get free money on the card every time you make a purchase. We are supposed to ask everyone but when it gets busy you kind of would rather get people in and out to avoid angry customers cause it takes a couple minutes to sign people up.[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

At least the employees in your store know what SYWR is and how to properly sign them up.

[quote name='ProphetZero']Yeah as a cashier the rewards system is terrible for us. Our managers push us to pressure people into signing up because corporate is giving them a hard time. We have people at my store greeting people trying to sign them up and people following customers around to sign them up. At checkouts we are pressured so bad that we are counted every hour for how many we have and if we don't get a lot our managers will tell us were not doing very good and the people who do get a lot they get more work hours. I always ask if the customer has a rewards card but after a while you kind of get tired of trying too hard to sign people up after all the harassment you get from your managers and how rude some people can be to you when you try to offer them free money with their orders. Like we'll have greeters as I've said but only select favorites at my store get to be greeters. Around Christmas time there was an offer going around at work saying that whoever gets the most rewards cards will get to pick their schedule for the week. This went on for 4 weeks. Well every time someone was a greeter they would average 20 or more simply because they get to greet people as they come in while us cashiers get yelled at for not signing people up yet they don't think why that is lol. There was another instance where one of our greeters was getting gift cards and special pins because they signed so many people up. The fact that favorites are picked to be greeters they obviously get the rewards. The sad part is that my store picks 3 people to be greeters every time so it makes it unfair for cashiers and other people who work in the store. The rewards card is a great program and there are signs everywhere promoting it plus you get free money on the card every time you make a purchase. We are supposed to ask everyone but when it gets busy you kind of would rather get people in and out to avoid angry customers cause it takes a couple minutes to sign people up.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, from my experience both in the UK and in the US retail-world, this is life (for the most part.)

I know it sucks, but it is part of your job to do so, you need to drive that margin higher.

I can't wait for DA2 with the points card next week and then Homefront with another points card. So much DLC to buy! :)

Yeah as a cashier the rewards system is terrible for us. Our managers push us to pressure people into signing up because corporate is giving them a hard time. We have people at my store greeting people trying to sign them up and people following customers around to sign them up. At checkouts we are pressured so bad that we are counted every hour for how many we have and if we don't get a lot our managers will tell us were not doing very good and the people who do get a lot they get more work hours. I always ask if the customer has a rewards card but after a while you kind of get tired of trying too hard to sign people up after all the harassment you get from your managers and how rude some people can be to you when you try to offer them free money with their orders. Like we'll have greeters as I've said but only select favorites at my store get to be greeters. Around Christmas time there was an offer going around at work saying that whoever gets the most rewards cards will get to pick their schedule for the week. This went on for 4 weeks. Well every time someone was a greeter they would average 20 or more simply because they get to greet people as they come in while us cashiers get yelled at for not signing people up yet they don't think why that is lol. There was another instance where one of our greeters was getting gift cards and special pins because they signed so many people up. The fact that favorites are picked to be greeters they obviously get the rewards. The sad part is that my store picks 3 people to be greeters every time so it makes it unfair for cashiers and other people who work in the store. The rewards card is a great program and there are signs everywhere promoting it plus you get free money on the card every time you make a purchase. The crappy part is the points expire. We are supposed to ask everyone but when it gets busy you kind of would rather get people in and out to avoid angry customers cause it takes a couple minutes to sign people up.

Yeah they don't pay as enough or give us enough hours to care very much lol. Yeah we know what the SYWR is for sure. We get pressured enough about it it'd be sad if we didn't =p

[quote name='ProphetZero']Yeah as a cashier the rewards system is terrible for us. Our managers push us to pressure people into signing up because corporate is giving them a hard time. We have people at my store greeting people trying to sign them up and people following customers around to sign them up. At checkouts we are pressureed so bad that we are counted every hour for how many we have and if we don't get a lot our managers will tell us were not doing very good and the people who do get a lot they get more work hours. I always ask if the customer has a rewards card but after a while you kind of get tired of trying too hard to sign people up after all the harassment you get from your managers and how rude some people can be to you when you try to offer them free money with their orders. Like we'll have greeters as I've said but only select favorites at my store get to be greeters. Around Christmas time there was an offer going around at work saying that whoever gets the most rewards cards will get to pick their schedule for the week. This went on for 4 weeks. Well every time someone was a greeter they would average 20 or more simply because they get to greet people as they come in while us cashiers get yelled at for not signing people up yet they don't think why that is lol. There was another instance where one of our greeters was getting gift cards and special pins because they signed so many people up. The fact that favorites are picked to be greeters they obviously get the rewards. The sad part is that my store picks 3 people to be greeters every time so it makes it unfair for cashiers and other people who work in the store. The rewards card is a great program and there are signs everywhere promoting it plus you get free money on the card every time you make a purchase. We are supposed to ask everyone but when it gets busy you kind of would rather get people in and out to avoid angry customers cause it takes a couple minutes to sign people up.[/QUOTE]

Instead of having greeters, they should have people actually working in their sections, instead of one person covering 5 at a time, seems like this would be much better customer service.

[quote name='jhuneycutt']What about getting MLB 11 and the Move bundle (the one with the console)? That one was pictured in this week's ad, but I don't know what stock is like. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet since MLB has motion controls...[/QUOTE]

Yep, any PS3 will work for the promotion...we should be in pretty good stock of every type of PS3 except the Killzone Bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back