Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='killias2']Am I crazy, or wasn't the upcoming Crysis 2 sale originally for PC as well? I was so planning on getting that....[/QUOTE]

The PC version is seeing complications for Crysis 2 at K-Mart and they wont have the game on time, Josh did say when they have it available he would offer deals on Crysis 2 and DA 2 for the PC.

No PC deals in March. Too bad for PC gamers.

Killzone is way more serious than Bulletstorm. Bulletstorm is just fun and stupid. Just finished playing it. Who cares which one sells more?

[quote name='Interfeci']No PC deals in March. Too bad for PC gamers.

Killzone is way more serious than Bulletstorm. Bulletstorm is just fun and stupid. Just finished playing it. Who cares which one sells more?[/QUOTE]

GBAstar seems to, his life revolves around the Killzone 3 Vs Bulletstorm crusade latley.

[quote name='Interfeci']No PC deals in March. Too bad for PC gamers.

Killzone is way more serious than Bulletstorm. Bulletstorm is just fun and stupid. Just finished playing it. Who cares which one sells more?[/QUOTE]

No one does. What I do care about is the number of users who jump down the throat of others who just come on here to ask a simple question. These are the same users who make claims like the one above.

just got back from kmart got DA2 but employee at the store said they dont have any 4000 point cards and there not sure when there getting any in time for the da2 deal to honor it. im depressed

Kmart

[quote name='W0lfRHart']just got back from kmart got DA2 but employee at the store said they dont have any 4000 point cards and there not sure when there getting any in time for the da2 deal to honor it. im depressed

Kmart
#3105[/QUOTE]

Josh will take care of you -- e-mail him. Also, they sometimes keep cards in different parts of the store like near the cash register.

[quote name='W0lfRHart']just got back from kmart got DA2 but employee at the store said they dont have any 4000 point cards and there not sure when there getting any in time for the da2 deal to honor it. im depressed

Kmart
#3105[/QUOTE]

I'm sure this goes without saying, but did either you or an employee check the carts up at the front of the store that contain all the various gift cards for different places? It's been confirmed time and time again that all stores have plenty in stock and that's where they are usually at.

Just got back.
Deal rang up no prob, just remember to bring your rewards card or the points card deal won't kick in.

Love kmart these days

[quote name='OnettHero']Just got back.
Deal rang up no prob, just remember to bring your rewards card or the points card deal won't kick in.

Love kmart these days[/QUOTE]

Or your phone number and pin number.

Complete fail at Kearny, NJ store. No X-Box or PSN cards at all & the game was not out in the case. When I asked the lady in electronics if they had it in the back she looked at me like I had 2 heads & proceeded to ignore me. I had my 3 year old with so I bought him a toy, but I think this is my last wasted trip to a K-Mart. The deals are great but the hassle at this point of dealing with employees that don't give a shit & the YMMV on stocked items on sale just make it no longer worth my time or the trouble.

Its ridiculous to see the stories of epic customer service fail at kmart.
I'm a retail manager ,and the company I work for doesn't tolerate this nonsense at all. If there is a customer service failing in any of my departments I personally have to deal with it, and apologize and make it right.

Makes me wonder if kmarts regional management demand that these situations are rectified. It sounds like complete ignorance on employees parts, and poor training.

Of course nothing changes if you don't complain, make noise with their customer service.

If I'm ever out of stock on an item first thing I do is make sure my in system stock status matches my actual physical on hands, next call my home office buyer and demand to know why I'm pissing off customers by not stocking something were advertising. Can't see why kmart can't do the same.

For every good experience I hear 3 badones. I guess I've been lucky so far.

Bummer

[quote name='ampatrao']Complete fail at Kearny, NJ store. No X-Box or PSN cards at all & the game was not out in the case. When I asked the lady in electronics if they had it in the back she looked at me like I had 2 heads & proceeded to ignore me. I had my 3 year old with so I bought him a toy, but I think this is my last wasted trip to a K-Mart. The deals are great but the hassle at this point of dealing with employees that don't give a shit & the YMMV on stocked items on sale just make it no longer worth my time or the trouble.[/QUOTE]

Even though it was known that NJ stores couldn't sell the cards, it's still baffling that they didn't have the game out. So absurd how much this happens.

I don't know if this also goes for Kmart, but any discplinary action against employees in Sears has to be sent to corporate before anything can be done, unless you're a seasonal worker. So the manager just can't go 'Okay, you're out.' Pretty lame, I know.

As for ampatrao, there are zero point cards at any Kmart in NJ. If you ever decide to go back, just send Josh an email with your DA2 receipt and he'll send you a $20 GC.

[quote name='OnettHero']
For every good experience I hear 3 badones. I guess I've been lucky so far.[/QUOTE]

Which would mean that 99% of transactions go well. This is a basic law of internet reviews. No one bothers to report good experiences.

Speaking of.... my points didn't post. Anyone else? Figured I'd see if it was widespread before bugging josh. I'm signed up for the emails (i get them so it's working) but i didnt get points for da2 or mvc3(on release week).... i think i may be bugged :*(.

So to add to the wave that appears on the board this morning, I woke up an hour early to go to K-mart in Frederick, MD before work to get Dragon Age 2 for my dad's birthday. No one was in the department and no new games were in any of the cases but all the stickers advertising the deal were up. Waited and looked for someone nothing. Go to the front and I stand there 10 minutes before the lady just gives me the evil eye. I finally ask is anyone in electronics she says no one is back there today. I ask can they look for the game she states if it isn't in the case it isn't here and anyway no one has the keys to open it up anyway.

I don't know what is going on but before Christmas I never had any trouble at this store. Now for the last month or so week in and out trouble. No Killzone 3 on launch day had to search with a helpful employee 30 minutes to find them at 3 pm, rudeness, and also that handy little device to press the button to get help has been taken down so now its impossible to get help unless someone is right there in the department.

Josh, I love you and your deals and you are very helpful but I am nearing a limit on dealing with this.

When you have 1 person running multiple departments, of course you will find issues with things being placed out on time. Not only do they have to put out your games, they have to put out movies, music and products for other departments that come in for Tuesday... they also have to take care of the customers with questions.

If Kmart worked more employees each shift, the issues would be far less.

[quote name='lordopus99']
If Kmart worked more employees each shift, the issues would be far less.[/QUOTE]

This. All the kmarts in my area seem to have one electronics employee who works evenings. Every other time of day some random girl from the clothing or CS department has to walk over.

Im assuming this is caused by the store making nearly 0 sales as far as Ive seen. Just a few old people who dont buy anything is all the foot traffic they get around here.

Ive got to say, my first SYWR experience was really good. I signed up online Saturday and opted in for emails. Went in this morning and grabbed Dragon Age 2 and the points at 30 bucks off, easy peasy. I obviously didn't have my card yet but I just gave my phone number, no PIN required (though I have a PIN set up). The cashier did mention "I hope they got the system fixed..." saying that they had some problems earlier with the SYWR system or something. All went through without a hitch though. And the digital receipt in my email when I got home was very sweet...excellent idea.

I do wonder if anyone here can solve a mystery for me. I know I went into the store with 0 points on my account. I purchased only DA2 and the 4000 point card. I now have 17998 points. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but I am wondering how I got those extra bonus points beyond the money spent and the 10000 bonus. My receipt actually says --Base Poimts earned: 800, Bonus Points earned: 17198. Any guesses on how that happened?

[quote name='OnettHero']
For every good experience I hear 3 badones. I guess I've been lucky so far.

[/QUOTE]

Because people who have no problems usually have nothing to say...and thus don't venture to forums to talk about the problems they don't have.

Like I said though.
You will never see a difference if you don't speak to eaither the managment there, or the customer serice lines every company has.

When someone calls home office with a complaint where I work an email is sent to the store manager and his regional manager, and the regional manager tells the store manager in no uncertain terms , fix it now and put measures in place so it doesn't happen again.

And I for one have been documenting my positive experiences so far on this forum.

Most of my customer service screw ups are game stop related. I hate that store with a passion.

For you guys that have trouble finding an employee in/around electronics...

Call the store. Since it's guaranteed no employee will be in the department when I go, I start the call on my cell phone as I'm entering the store. I ask for somebody in electronics.
They page somebody to take a call back there, and usually, the employee shows up to the department just as I'm getting back there.

Really cuts down on the wait time.

Guess since everybody else is sharing...

My trip out for DA 2 went pretty well actually, save for one annoyance. The store I always go to (#3220 - just a heads up for you, Josh) didn't have any of the 4000 points XBox Live cards in stock. I asked the associate if he could double-check, and he said that they hadn't had any in stock since before Christmas. (And yes, I did check the gift card display at the front of the store, too. There were a few of the Gold membership cards, but no points cards in any amount.)

He (I think his name was John) was nice enough to offer to call the other local stores while I waited to see if they had any in stock, and thankfully the other nearby one (#3218) did, and they even set aside a copy of the game and one of the points cards (as they apparently only had six of the XBox ones in stock) to hold for me as I had a doctor's appointment to get to before I could go pick them up. When I got to the other store later on, everything was waiting for me at the service desk, and it all rang up without issue.

So, aside from the minor annoyance of having to make a separate trip to another store, a smooth experience overall. And definitely a deal worth making the extra trip for, so thanks again for that, Josh! :applause:

[quote name='donbaloo']I do wonder if anyone here can solve a mystery for me. I know I went into the store with 0 points on my account. I purchased only DA2 and the 4000 point card. I now have 17998 points. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but I am wondering how I got those extra bonus points beyond the money spent and the 10000 bonus. My receipt actually says --Base Poimts earned: 800, Bonus Points earned: 17198. Any guesses on how that happened?[/QUOTE]

Same for me, but I'm not going to question it! :D

[quote name='fujimitsu']This. All the kmarts in my area seem to have one electronics employee who works evenings. Every other time of day some random girl from the clothing or CS department has to walk over.

Im assuming this is caused by the store making nearly 0 sales as far as Ive seen. Just a few old people who dont buy anything is all the foot traffic they get around here.[/QUOTE]
I was in Kmart back in late January (no big releases that week, and it was around 11 am on a Friday) and the electronics worker looked extremely bored, as I was their first customer that day. This store though has dedicated electronics staff, even though I swear 90% of the time I'm the only one there and could chat with the employee for an hour and would never be interrupted.

The only exception I've really ever had at this store was Sunday when I bought B&W and the place was fucking insane. I believe I figured out why: I don't think a single item in the store wasn't "on sale."

[quote name='Starwyn']Same for me, but I'm not going to question it! :D[/QUOTE]

Well, my lips are sealed beyond this forum and the secret will die with this thread as far as my part in it! ;)

[quote name='donbaloo']Ive got to say, my first SYWR experience was really good. I signed up online Saturday and opted in for emails. Went in this morning and grabbed Dragon Age 2 and the points at 30 bucks off, easy peasy. I obviously didn't have my card yet but I just gave my phone number, no PIN required (though I have a PIN set up). The cashier did mention "I hope they got the system fixed..." saying that they had some problems earlier with the SYWR system or something. All went through without a hitch though. And the digital receipt in my email when I got home was very sweet...excellent idea.

I do wonder if anyone here can solve a mystery for me. I know I went into the store with 0 points on my account. I purchased only DA2 and the 4000 point card. I now have 17998 points. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but I am wondering how I got those extra bonus points beyond the money spent and the 10000 bonus. My receipt actually says --Base Poimts earned: 800, Bonus Points earned: 17198. Any guesses on how that happened?[/QUOTE]

Did you buy Dragon Quest VI by chance? Didn't get my points when I purchased the game so I emailed Josh and he sent me a gift card.

Went to get DA2 today and the clerk tells me I have enough points on my card to cover it when I was expecting to have to use the gift card too. Checked the SYWR site when I got outside and found that just yesterday, 15,000 points were credited to my account from DQVI.

It's quite possible that a bonus base points deal is going on. Since you would get 800 base points, it's quite possible that some accounts have a 3x, 5x, or 10x bonus going on.

I doubt it since the number is such a random amount, but...

If you have a bonus of 9x, the numbers actually add up almost perfectly. I personally have never seen a 9x bonus.

I have really poor luck getting any competitor to match Kmart's deals unless it is a basic price match. I wanted to pick If the KZ3 Bundle as part of the buy a 160GB PS3 and get MLB 11: The Show. It's not even worth my time to try at BB or Target but I was wondering if Sear's would match it (assuming they have the bundle in stock).

Edit: My Kmart no longer has the inventory. They sold the last one over the weekend.

[quote name='Rig']For you guys that have trouble finding an employee in/around electronics...

Call the store. Since it's guaranteed no employee will be in the department when I go, I start the call on my cell phone as I'm entering the store. I ask for somebody in electronics.
They page somebody to take a call back there, and usually, the employee shows up to the department just as I'm getting back there.

Really cuts down on the wait time.[/QUOTE]

great minds do think alike

[quote name='Killbomb']Did you buy Dragon Quest VI by chance? Didn't get my points when I purchased the game so I emailed Josh and he sent me a gift card.

Went to get DA2 today and the clerk tells me I have enough points on my card to cover it when I was expecting to have to use the gift card too. Checked the SYWR site when I got outside and found that just yesterday, 15,000 points were credited to my account from DQVI.[/QUOTE]After reading this, I checked my SYWR account, and I was given 15,000 points yesterday for the activity "Kmart-15,000 points on Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Rvltion Order Details Not Available"! :hot: I suggest that everyone who bought DQVI and has a SYWR account check your account to see if this is happening to all DQVI buyers.

Uh, Josh...what do we do about this since some of us (including me :bomb:) received a $15 GC from you to handle these 15,000 points not appearing?

[quote name='GBAstar']I have really poor luck getting any competitor to match Kmart's deals unless it is a basic price match. I wanted to pick If the KZ3 Bundle as part of the buy a 160GB PS3 and get MLB 11: The Show. It's not even worth my time to try at BB or Target but I was wondering if Sear's would match it (assuming they have the bundle in stock).

Edit: My Kmart no longer has the inventory. They sold the last one over the weekend.[/QUOTE]
No one cares about other stores in this thread dude.

During last night's WWE Raw, there was a commercial saying that you can save $15 on any $40+ WWE merchandise purchase at K-Mart. How long does this promotion last? Will it still be valid when WWE All-Stars is released on the 29th?

I know I asked this before, and others had the same problem, but has anyone bought anything recently and their "Qualified Spending" for 2011 on the SYWR site not changed? I just bought a LOT of stuff there Sunday, with a total of nearly $130 between everything (not counting the $35 saved from B&W). My qualified spending is still listed as $47.96.

Worked perfectly for me. The $50 PSN cards were on the hook, but locked with the magnetic latch so I just left it alone and checked to see if the game was in the case. No dice, which I guess is OK since it did just come out today, though it woulda been nice if it was there. Couldn't find anyone working in electronics, went to the front had em paged. She went to check the back and didn't find the game, which is when I was like a tad worried, but she checked the cart she was using to stock the department and they had 3 or so PS3 and like 5 360 copies. Asked for the $50 PSN card and was on my way for $80+tax.

I wonder what the Ico/SotC Collection deal is going to be? That's the next big game on my radar. I also want NMH, Portal, and a few others but Ico/SotC is my biggest want.

Okay so I call my local kmart asking specifically for the playstation 3 killzone system bundle. The associate on hand asked, VinnY the manager if they were in stock. Immediately he replied yes. So I walk the 10 blacks or so and when I get there the employee tells me that they don't have anymore.and they hadn't had any in days. So then I ask for the manager, vinny and after aHALF HOUR WAITm he returns with nothing and the TO TOP IT OFF, they don't even have mlb the show 11 in stock. I cam real close to tearing this guys head off right now

[quote name='KemperJones']During last night's WWE Raw, there was a commercial saying that you can save $15 on any $40+ WWE merchandise purchase at K-Mart. How long does this promotion last? Will it still be valid when WWE All-Stars is released on the 29th?[/QUOTE]

This is a very good question - I would love to pick up the Best of Raw 2010 on Blu Ray w/ my purchase of WWE All Stars.

Not sure if its still going on, but there was a thing where you got 10 dollars off of WWE All Stars when you bought 40 dollars in WWE items at one point. Not sure if it was tied to the Mattel figures specifically.

Bought the KZ3 PS3 on Saturday and price matched for a free copy of MLB 11 today. Go Kmart - time to find an extra sixaxis.

Josh - Any chance of a sale on controllers in the next month?

Pretty bummed, I went to get Dragon Age 2 today, but they said they hadn't received the game in yet. It was already 1:30 on the day of release..... I hope the other store has it with the point cards...

[quote name='Vigilante']After reading this, I checked my SYWR account, and I was given 15,000 points yesterday for the activity "Kmart-15,000 points on Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Rvltion Order Details Not Available"! :hot: I suggest that everyone who bought DQVI and has a SYWR account check your account to see if this is happening to all DQVI buyers.

Uh, Josh...what do we do about this since some of us (including me :bomb:) received a $15 GC from you to handle these 15,000 points not appearing?[/QUOTE]

I'm especially wondering what we should do since my store didn't have any of the PSN/XBL cards for the DA2 deal.

[quote name='GBAstar']Here's one for the archives...

Check out this gem:

If you haven't seen the Front Page yet KZ3 has been declared (By CheapyD via CAG Amazon.com affiliate links) the best seller in February by a 2:1 margin.[/QUOTE]

are you mad?

Take this nonsense somewhere else.

[quote name='Vigilante']After reading this, I checked my SYWR account, and I was given 15,000 points yesterday for the activity "Kmart-15,000 points on Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Rvltion Order Details Not Available"! :hot: I suggest that everyone who bought DQVI and has a SYWR account check your account to see if this is happening to all DQVI buyers.

Uh, Josh...what do we do about this since some of us (including me :bomb:) received a $15 GC from you to handle these 15,000 points not appearing?[/QUOTE]

Im in the same boat. I bought 2 copies of DQ and had to email josh for the $30 gift card. I went and picked up DA2 today and had $51 in SYWR points when I should have had $21. I have no idea when those points finally posted but i definitely bought the 2 copies of DQ during that window when tbe SYWR bonus points were down.

[quote name='Altanis']I know I asked this before, and others had the same problem, but has anyone bought anything recently and their "Qualified Spending" for 2011 on the SYWR site not changed? I just bought a LOT of stuff there Sunday, with a total of nearly $130 between everything (not counting the $35 saved from B&W). My qualified spending is still listed as $47.96.[/QUOTE]
Happens to everyone. But it's not like it matters either way. You still get your points and your bonus points.

[quote name='jer7583']are you mad?

Take this nonsense somewhere else.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

I don't get the point of any of his recent posts. It's literally just him trying to troll and really badly failing.

He seems like an upset individual. I suggest he relax and be cool.

Skipping out on dragon age 2. I haven't even played the first one that I bought from the first round of clearance back in october or whatever..

Went on my lunch break to pick up DA2 for 360. Was pretty effortless. Used my points by entering my pin so only cost about 9 bucks. They didn't have any point cards left for 360, though which I was really excited about. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back