Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='specter316']It's killing me trying to search for an answer, but if I buy Homefront in New Jersey does that mean I miss out on the xbl points. According to the FAQ they don't stock them in NJ[/QUOTE]

If you e-mail Josh with your proof of purchase, he'll hook you up with a gift card.

I nabbed DAO:UE for $25 at Brick NJ tonight no problem. Lewis nearly fell over when he saw how much it rang up for. He's a good kid though, and has the electronics section pretty neat. There's one more 360 game left there for anyone who wants one.

Oh, wow. I've got a better question for you. What happens if I want to get Crysis 2 in NJ. That's probably going to be a popular question.

Wow, 3DS comes out in 17 days now, that date is coming faster than I thought it would. Can't wait to hear Kmart's deals on the launch games, hopefully I can finally get back on the coupon/points train for all the stuff coming up in the next few months that I MUST have!

Also, anyone happen to know the current Kmart price on the Wii version of Okami? I saw one at my local store in the case stickered at 39.99 and I'm thinking it must have dropped by now.. if it's cheap enough I may have to pick it up.

[quote name='specter316']Oh, wow. I've got a better question for you. What happens if I want to get Crysis 2 in NJ. That's probably going to be a popular question.[/QUOTE]

Same answer as your other question

That's crazy. I'm definitely getting Crysis at k-mart now. It's too bad I have drive an extra 30 miles to go to the K-mart that actually puts out their games. Thanks again for the quick info guys!

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Bulletstorm outselling Killzone 3 in the US and UK, sure is 2:1 Killzone, lol.[/QUOTE]

And your point is? You seem to be trolling.

[quote name='Beatofficer']I'm enjoying it a lot, however, a lot of people aren't for some reason, if you goto Metacritic and look at the user reviews, there's a lot of pissed off people.[/QUOTE]

Weren't a lot of people moaning about DA:O when it first came out as well? Anyway, they certainly did streamline things in DA2 but I'm still enjoying it. I found the combat in DA:O to be almost TOO tactical so I'm liking the faster paced combat in DA2.

[quote name='Killbomb']Weren't a lot of people moaning about DA:O when it first came out as well? Anyway, they certainly did streamline things in DA2 but I'm still enjoying it. I found the combat in DA:O to be almost TOO tactical so I'm liking the faster paced combat in DA2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah for the most part the people who hated Origins at first are now singing its praises and shitting all over DA 2, game is really fantastic. But do yourselves a favor and don't bother visiting the Bioware forums its bursting at the seams with insufferable idiots.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Yeah for the most part the people who hated Origins at first are now singing its praises and shitting all over DA 2, game is really fantastic. But do yourselves a favor and don't bother visiting the Bioware forums its bursting at the seams with insufferable idiots.[/QUOTE]

I bought DAII because they created the perfect mix of action and RPG. Reminds me of Jade Empire a lot (how I want a sequel so badly).

Hopefully all of the moaning doesn't lead Bioware to make any huge changes to the franchise.

I was able to pick up DA2 for PS3 and got the bonus points no problem but unfortunately my Kmart wasn't carrying any PSN or XBL cards. :cry:

[quote name='specter316']... It's too bad I have drive an extra 30 miles to go to the K-mart...[/QUOTE]

That's $15 in gas for me if 30 miles is one way.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Bulletstorm outselling Killzone 3 in the US and UK, sure is 2:1 Killzone, lol.[/QUOTE]

A source would be nice....

And I don't know why you are "lol'ing". I clearly provided a source to back up my 2:1 statement; which is actually factual by the way and provides information that is relevant (i.e. sales tracked my affiliate links via CAG).

Your source is what? Wikipedia?

Also, when you do post your statistics could you give it a console by console comparision? I know PS3 sales of Bulletstorm have and will continue to struggle and the novelty of the Gears of War 3 beta code will stop pushing sales on the 360 version soon btw IMHO.

[quote name='GBAstar']A source would be nice....

And I don't know why you are "lol'ing". I clearly provided a source to back up my 2:1 statement; which is actually factual by the way and provides information that is relevant (i.e. sales tracked my affiliate links via CAG).

Your source is what? Wikipedia?

Also, when you do post your statistics could you give it a console by console comparision? I know PS3 sales of Bulletstorm have and will continue to struggle and the novelty of the Gears of War 3 beta code will stop pushing sales on the 360 version soon btw IMHO.[/QUOTE]

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/10/february-npd-total-sales-up-new-games-come-out-swinging/

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/07/pokemon-black-and-white-capture-top-uk-sales-spots/

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/12/npd-changes-monthly-reporting-removes-hardware-and-software-uni/

For the US they dont do break downs anymore, as of october. They do weekly figures for the UK but no breakdown as well, and it should be a no brainer the triple version isnt going to outsell the 360 iteration, multiplatform titles historically sell better on the 360 and it has the gears beta going for it as well.

Using wiki for any kind of info is just plain silly, besides they wouldnt have accurate numbers on wiki, NPD will of course.

[quote name='WongTongSoup']Let's get a good deal on dynasty warriors 7! woo woo[/QUOTE]

THIS PLEASE! Really hoping for one because I live an hour away from the closest one...

$15 in gas for 30 miles?... what the hell are you driving a tank. I live in an area where you have to drive that far. It only takes like $5. Its called a small cheap car.

Anyways, dragon age ultimate & 2 with the card were amazing deals!

[quote name='walterdude']$15 in gas for 30 miles?... what the hell are you driving a tank. I live in an area where you have to drive that far. It only takes like $5. Its called a small cheap car.

Anyways, dragon age ultimate & 2 with the card were amazing deals![/QUOTE]

60 miles. He clearly said if '30 miles was one way.' Although normally, it'd be like $10.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/10/february-npd-total-sales-up-new-games-come-out-swinging/

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/07/pokemon-black-and-white-capture-top-uk-sales-spots/

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/12/npd-changes-monthly-reporting-removes-hardware-and-software-uni/

For the US they dont do break downs anymore, as of october. They do weekly figures for the UK but no breakdown as well, and it should be a no brainer the triple version isnt going to outsell the 360 iteration, multiplatform titles historically sell better on the 360 and it has the gears beta going for it as well.

Using wiki for any kind of info is just plain silly, besides they wouldnt have accurate numbers on wiki, NPD will of course.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'll give credit where credit is due; I underestimated Bulletstorm and its appeal. If a wacky humerous shooter can sell well this should mean that Duke Nukem has a good chance to as well.

Alright I have Dragon Age Origins and Awakening for PC, but none of the other DLC. Should I bite and grab the Ultimate Edition for 360? 25 bucks seems like to good of an offer to pass up.

Made my first purchase since swearing off Kmart, the DAII promo was good.

Got the game+points no prob, but no bonus points showed up on my receipt. I just read through the first page and saw I need to opt in for emails (did that now), is there a way to get the bonus points now? Any help is appreciated.

[quote name='walterdude']$15 in gas for 30 miles?... what the hell are you driving a tank. I live in an area where you have to drive that far. It only takes like $5. Its called a small cheap car[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Interfeci']60 miles. He clearly said if '30 miles was one way.' Although normally, it'd be like $10.[/QUOTE]

I get 15 MPG city & gas for me is $3.79 a gallon for premium (my car only takes premium). 30 miles round trip is $7.58, 60 miles would be $15.16.

With gas at current prices people need to factor in gas consumption when assessing any B&M deal versus an online purchase.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Digging it hard.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, bro. I appreciate the feedback. I'm still thinking about the purchase.. I'm not sure I'll play through it with all the rest I need to get at right now. If I do perhaps I can score the Ultimate edition too.

[quote name='Beatofficer']I'm enjoying it a lot, however, a lot of people aren't for some reason, if you goto Metacritic and look at the user reviews, there's a lot of pissed off people.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll have a look. I figured I'd ask some CAG / Kmart fans what they thought. ;)

[quote name='sadboy']To sum up those negative user reviews: "Score: 0.0 'This game is horrible. Everything about it sucks.' Helpful? 23 of 40 users said yes"[/QUOTE]

Gotta love the 23 people agreeing with such a "steller review".. I don't usually base my decision to purchase solely on user reviews (or site reviews) but it's nice to read GOOD criticism.. Not, it sucks.. LOL..

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Killzone ps3 bundle, and The show, no problems at all. I did have to go to a kmart out in the sticks, and get the last bundle. Thanks Josh!!

[quote name='konicki465']Alright I have Dragon Age Origins and Awakening for PC, but none of the other DLC. Should I bite and grab the Ultimate Edition for 360? 25 bucks seems like to good of an offer to pass up.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is exactly what I did last night. The DLC will cost a lot since I don't think any of it is currently on sale. So I brought Origins and Awakening with me in the car on the trip to Kmart (to make sure they had DAOUE first). Kmart did, and I bought it for $25. The cashier almost fainted in shock when he saw the price.

Then I went to Best Buy to trade in Origins and Awakening for $15 each. It took 25 minutes, three phone number recitals, two thumbprint swipes, handing over my license (which I then had to request back at the end), and a picture of my face with me holding up the two games that I'm trading in. All that nonsense really turned me off to BB more, which I didn't think was possible.

[quote name='ubdu']Yes, that is exactly what I did last night. The DLC will cost a lot since I don't think any of it is currently on sale. So I brought Origins and Awakening with me in the car on the trip to Kmart (to make sure they had DAOUE first). Kmart did, and I bought it for $25. The cashier almost fainted in shock when he saw the price.

Then I went to Best Buy to trade in Origins and Awakening for $15 each. It took 25 minutes, three phone number recitals, two thumbprint swipes, handing over my license (which I then had to request back at the end), and a picture of my face with me holding up the two games that I'm trading in. All that nonsense really turned me off to BB more, which I didn't think was possible.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy's trade in policy (in-store) is a joke. Dealing with DealTree (I think that's the name of their online trade in counterpart) is much more reasonble but it takes forever to get your credit.

At my best buy they require an original sales receipt showing you bought the game from Best Buy in order to trade it in

[quote name='GBAstar']In all seriousness (if it is possible to get a serious answer from you) why is it considered OT to discuss games that Kmart either is having a deal on or will be having a deal on?

I never got the "Off Topic" mentality when it comes to discussing games that are currently or will be promoted.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure meant a different Duke (sports team), which is why he said wrong forum.

[quote name='GBAstar']Best Buy's trade in policy (in-store) is a joke. Dealing with DealTree (I think that's the name of their online trade in counterpart) is much more reasonble but it takes forever to get your credit.

At my best buy they require an original sales receipt showing you bought the game from Best Buy in order to trade it in[/QUOTE]

That's insane. Who buys all of their games at BB, and then keeps the receipts? The associate asked me if I had receipts for my games, but when I stated no, he just proceeded right along.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Pretty sure meant a different Duke (sports team), which is why he said wrong forum.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That makes sense.

[quote name='ubdu']Yes, that is exactly what I did last night. The DLC will cost a lot since I don't think any of it is currently on sale. So I brought Origins and Awakening with me in the car on the trip to Kmart (to make sure they had DAOUE first). Kmart did, and I bought it for $25. The cashier almost fainted in shock when he saw the price.

Then I went to Best Buy to trade in Origins and Awakening for $15 each. It took 25 minutes, three phone number recitals, two thumbprint swipes, handing over my license (which I then had to request back at the end), and a picture of my face with me holding up the two games that I'm trading in. All that nonsense really turned me off to BB more, which I didn't think was possible.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I'm on my way to my Kmart now to pick up a copy.

I can't wait to see the deal for DA2 pc when Kmart gets them in. I really want to go buy it now somewhere but I figure I can knock off some backlogged games in the meantime.

What state was this in? Only time Gamestop requires a thumbprint is when state law requires it, like in Florida. In Missouri, Gamestop DOES NOT need your Driver's License unless you're doing a cash trade, and you have to be at least 18. That is MO law. For store credit just need your address, phone number, and DoB.

Okay quick question since I didn't see it in the FAQs.

Do you sign up for the Shop Your Way card in the store? If so, can you opt in for the email when you sign up? I'm about to go out and possibly pick up DA II and a 4000 XBLA card and I want to get the $10 credit as well.

[quote name='MSUHitman']What state was this in? Only time Gamestop requires a thumbprint is when state law requires it, like in Florida. In Missouri, Gamestop DOES NOT need your Driver's License unless you're doing a cash trade, and you have to be at least 18. That is MO law. For store credit just need your address, phone number, and DoB.[/QUOTE]

In the NJ Brick store, my man.

Little Josh is under the weather today so I am pretty indisposed of today. I will work to catch up on thread and emails tonight (caught up through Thur afternoon).

Thanks!

I'm sure this has been asked already, but there are way too many pages in the last week to read......

For the Dragon Age II deal, which says:

Code:
[B]Save $30 on $50 PSN[/B]
That sounds to me like "Buy a $50 PSN card for $20". Is that right, or is it "Buy a $50 PSN card for $30"?

:?:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Little Josh is under the weather today so I am pretty indisposed of today.![/QUOTE]

I hope "Little Josh" is your child and not a nickname for something else. ;)

[quote name='peter17319']I'm sure this has been asked already, but there are way too many pages in the last week to read......

For the Dragon Age II deal, which says:

Code:
[B]Save $30 on $50 PSN[/B]
That sounds to me like "Buy a $50 PSN card for $20". Is that right, or is it "Buy a $50 PSN card for $30"?

:?:[/QUOTE]
You buy it for $20.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']You buy it for $20.[/QUOTE]

So along with the 10,000 points we get a total of $40 in savings? That seems too good to be true!
:drool:

[quote name='peter17319']So along with the 10,000 points we get a total of $40 in savings? That seems too good to be true!
:drool:[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does, but it's a fact, and this and other amazing promotions are why so many of us have become solid converts to KMart game purchases. That and Josh's diligence, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back