Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iPhone']Does anyone know if Kmart actually got copies of Radiant Historia? My guess would be no but Atlus shows them as a retailer in their newsletter.[/QUOTE]

For the most part K-Mart doesnt stock niche titles, so Im going to go out on a limb and say no, but you can email stock boy for confirmation, email is in the OP.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I'd much rather have an online inventory checker than preorders...[/QUOTE]

I second that motion.

[quote name='He4vyMetaL']I second that motion.[/QUOTE]
Rather have a preorder system. Then you will know they have the stock if you have a preorder but we can settle and have both!

I'm excited about the deals at Kmart. I'm not too worried about the Kmart pre-order issue because no gamers in my town really get their games there. I'm also pleased with the CS there; really happy and knowledgeable, maybe not about the games but shiiiiii, we know about those already. I'll settle with an up-to-date online inventory checker over pre-orders.

[quote name='Mister Sister']I'm excited about the deals at Kmart. I'm not too worried about the Kmart pre-order issue because no gamers in my town really get their games there. I'm also pleased with the CS there; really happy and knowledgeable, maybe not about the games but shiiiiii, we know about those already. I'll settle with an up-to-date online inventory checker over pre-orders.[/QUOTE]
Don't you worry. Miss/Mrs. Brother is right by your side.

[quote name='nnthomas']Yakuza should be in stores Tuesday?[/QUOTE]
Yes, my store (Augusta, GA) got them in 2 days ago with Homefront.

[quote name='MasterX']Yes, my store (Augusta, GA) got them in 2 days ago with Homefront.[/QUOTE]

Any signs of an additional Yakuza 3 stock with them? A lot of us are worried.

Hey, Josh. Any word on a 3rd Birthday (PSP) deal? It comes out later this month.

The last we were told regarding PSP games was that titles over $20 haven't been selling in the past, so it's unlikely that 3rd Birthday is being stocked.

[quote name='Kagath']I'm interested in Homefront this coming week.

How can I tell if the deal is going to be available at my store ahead of time? I didn't see it anywhere already and was thinking about a pre-order from Amazon otherwise since I already have credit there.[/QUOTE]

all stores get there game shipment about a week in advance. all you have to do is show up after Tuesday and pickup the game :), if for whatever reason they don't have it out and give you the typical "it hasn't arrived yet" story DONT BUY THAT CRAP because they probably have it somewhere in the back. politely ask if they can check for you or f they refused ask for a manager. all games are ship ahead of time for this reason. if all fails email josh with your store location and number and he'll take care of them ;)

[quote name='Buuhan1']Any signs of an additional Yakuza 3 stock with them? A lot of us are worried.

Hey, Josh. Any word on a 3rd Birthday (PSP) deal? It comes out later this month.[/QUOTE]

Either Josh or Stock Boy clearly stated that copies of Yakuza 3 were being shipped with Yakuza 4, so stock shouldn't be an issue at least early on.

[quote name='medetron']all stores get there game shipment about a week in advance. all you have to do is show up after Tuesday and pickup the game :), if for whatever reason they don't have it out and give you the typical "it hasn't arrived yet" story DONT BUY THAT CRAP because they probably have it somewhere in the back. politely ask if they can check for you or f they refused ask for a manager. all games are ship ahead of time for this reason. if all fails email josh with your store location and number and he'll take care of them ;)[/QUOTE]Well that's not usually the problem. I live in a small town so there's not a lot of traffic in there any more. My problem is that the xbl deal with added SYWR points isn't mentioned in the weekly ad. Just wondering if it was still going to be honored there or not.

[quote name='Kagath']Well that's not usually the problem. I live in a small town so there's not a lot of traffic in there any more. My problem is that the xbl deal with added SYWR points isn't mentioned in the weekly ad. Just wondering if it was still going to be honored there or not.[/QUOTE]

almost always the employees know nothing about rewards or points on deals. but the only good thing is that there system gets automatically updated when they reboot there systems which happens every so often or every other day. in most cases some stores for whatever reason don't reboot there systems which is why some people don't get the points but yea you should be fine as long as you dont start confusing the cashiers with questions lol

[quote name='medetron']almost always the employees know nothing about rewards or points on deals. but the only good thing is that there system gets automatically updated when they reboot there systems which happens every so often or every other day. in most cases some stores for whatever reason don't reboot there systems which is why some people don't get the points but yea you should be fine as long as you dont start confusing the cashiers with questions lol[/QUOTE]Actually I know a gamer that's in the section but he didn't hear anything about it so I may just go pre-order at Amazon anyways to get their stuff.

[quote name='Kagath']Actually I know a gamer that's in the section but he didn't hear anything about it so I may just go pre-order at Amazon anyways to get their stuff.[/QUOTE]

How many times to people have to tell you?

These deals will work. They are never in the ad. They are not communicated in any way to the local stores most of the time. None of the employees at any of my local kmarts have ever known anything about any of them.

Just to reiterate: THIS WILL WORK. ALL KMARTGAMER SALES WORK LIKE THIS.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Either Josh or Stock Boy clearly stated that copies of Yakuza 3 were being shipped with Yakuza 4, so stock shouldn't be an issue at least early on.[/QUOTE]

Many stores seem to be putting these copies out on the shelves for $15 right now though. Lots of stores suddenly had several copies of yakuza 3 at clearance prices and most of them are gone now, it's a legit concern. Seems like they may have gotten a box of yakuza 3 and not realized why, and just put it out for sale at the current price of $15.

Hi alls, for the upcoming Crysis 2 deal which includes an offer to "Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets," can anyone here advise me on a good TB headset or should I just stick w/ my wireless BT earpiece? Also, are these headsets placed in the gaming section of the store? Thanks!

[quote name='thawhip']Hi alls, for the upcoming Crysis 2 deal which includes an offer to "Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets," can anyone here advise me on a good TB headset or should I just stick w/ my wireless BT earpiece? Also, are these headsets placed in the gaming section of the store? Thanks![/QUOTE]

The only Turtle Beach headsets I've seen at Kmart are the X11 for Xbox 360 and the P11 for Sony's Playstation 3. Both are stereo headsets but you can always use the Ear Force DDS if you want 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound.

[quote name='bzchanboy']The only Turtle Beach headsets I've seen at Kmart are the X11 for Xbox 360 and the P11 for Sony's Playstation 3. Both are stereo headsets but you can always use the Ear Force DDS if you want 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the PS3 headset info. I'll look into it!

? for those that got in on the 10-15K reward points. Are they applied immediately to your card or do you have to wait for a code via email? :bouncy:

I'm definitely interested in the Yakuza 4 deal.

[quote name='Rodster']? for those that got in on the 10-15K reward points. Are they applied immediately to your card or do you have to wait for a code via email? :bouncy:

I'm definitely interested in the Yakuza 4 deal.[/QUOTE]

the points are instant and should show up on your reciept, if it doesnt cahcnes are you didnt get the points....

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Was wondering who all played the Crysis 2 demo? I did and I loved it. I think its going to be really fun. Definetly going to buy it now[/QUOTE]

i was very excited on crysis 2 but i feel like the ps3 is being treated like the red headed stepped child.. no early beta like the pc and xbox and no nano edition like the pc or xbox.. i wanted the nano edition but don't want the pc or xbox box... either way I'm on the fence about getting it now...

[quote name='Rodster']? for those that got in on the 10-15K reward points. Are they applied immediately to your card or do you have to wait for a code via email? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

For the billionth time, points are applied immediately. The only exception has been Marvel vs Capcom 3 when they had the glitch.

And for clarity's sake, having the points being delayed was not the glitch itself, but a measure they imposed while they fixed the glitch. People were being awarded more points than intended under certain circumstances, so the system was temporarily changed while they sorted out that one deal.

I do like some of the challenges they have for your weapons and powers. I also love that you need to collect the dog tags to get your kill streaks, really helps kill and the boosting people did in games like call of duty

[quote name='ray2dee']Can't wait for the 3DS deal to be announced please just offer me any free game with purchase[/QUOTE]

We're two weeks away with no confirmation, for safety I just placed a preorder through Amazon, but would really like to know what the nature of this deal will be.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']We're two weeks away with no confirmation, for safety I just placed a preorder through Amazon, but would really like to know what the nature of this deal will be.[/QUOTE]

ditto
preordering at Amazon (no tax ($22) + free ship (no gas/$6)) hard to pass up...

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']We're two weeks away with no confirmation, for safety I just placed a preorder through Amazon, but would really like to know what the nature of this deal will be.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='donut']ditto
preordering at Amazon (no tax ($22) + free ship (no gas/$6)) hard to pass up...[/QUOTE]

I am glad that I am not the only one getting a little antsy about the deal. Buying from Amazon and avoiding the tax is definitely a consideration, so I'm hoping Kmart offers something to offset it. I know that Josh has said he doesn't have much room to work a deal, but I'm still holding out hope.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']I think Josh said that he will announce the deal on Thursday along with the rest of the months deals.[/QUOTE]
Definitely this week. Thanks for the patience!

[quote name='Achilles00']I am glad that I am not the only one getting a little antsy about the deal. Buying from Amazon and avoiding the tax is definitely a consideration, so I'm hoping Kmart offers something to offset it. I know that Josh has said he doesn't have much room to work a deal, but I'm still holding out hope.[/QUOTE]
I'll be off setting the tax difference + a few bucks as it stands. Not sure if they will have a launch day offer on top of just their base price or not though.

[quote name='ray2dee']Can't wait for the 3DS deal to be announced please just offer me any free game with purchase[/QUOTE]
Not that hot! But still good :)

[quote name='fujimitsu']How many times to people have to tell you?

These deals will work. They are never in the ad. They are not communicated in any way to the local stores most of the time. None of the employees at any of my local kmarts have ever known anything about any of them.

Just to reiterate: THIS WILL WORK. ALL KMARTGAMER SALES WORK LIKE THIS.

Many stores seem to be putting these copies out on the shelves for $15 right now though. Lots of stores suddenly had several copies of yakuza 3 at clearance prices and most of them are gone now, it's a legit concern. Seems like they may have gotten a box of yakuza 3 and not realized why, and just put it out for sale at the current price of $15.[/QUOTE]
I'll have Stock boy pull the instock % on Monday for Yakuza 3.

[quote name='Kagath']Well that's not usually the problem. I live in a small town so there's not a lot of traffic in there any more. My problem is that the xbl deal with added SYWR points isn't mentioned in the weekly ad. Just wondering if it was still going to be honored there or not.[/QUOTE]
Starting in late Feb. all stores receive additional communication on the deals which has helped and the system will work regardless.

Kmartgamer.com (where the offer will be featured) is also featured in the circular for the stores to reference so they know it is legit.

When all else fails, I am here to ensure that no mater what the deal is honored. Which is why I list my emial in the OP on the blog offer itself and can be reached through Twitter, Facebook etc.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Any signs of an additional Yakuza 3 stock with them? A lot of us are worried.

Hey, Josh. Any word on a 3rd Birthday (PSP) deal? It comes out later this month.[/QUOTE]
No deal on PSP games this month unfortunately, we won't be the best place to buy 3rd B-day or Dissidia just to be 100% honest.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']For the most part K-Mart doesnt stock niche titles, so Im going to go out on a limb and say no, but you can email stock boy for confirmation, email is in the OP.[/QUOTE]
We don't have Radiant Historia instore, it should be online though and SYWR points cross over to .com.

[quote name='He4vyMetaL']I second that motion.[/QUOTE]
The online inventory check is in about 600 stores. I'm working on a pre-order solution, may be a bit different but I think it will work.

[quote name='jer7583']I think Battlefield 3 will be a major title for pc on the level of Starcraft 2 - Kmart would be silly not to carry it.[/QUOTE]
Oh we will carry it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Starting in late Feb. all stores receive additional communication on the deals which has helped and the system will work regardless.

Kmartgamer.com (where the offer will be featured) is also featured in the circular for the stores to reference so they know it is legit.

When all else fails, I am here to ensure that no mater what the deal is honored. Which is why I list my emial in the OP on the blog offer itself and can be reached through Twitter, Facebook etc.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the official confirmation. I don't follow the thread 24/7 so it's a little better than people getting mad I asked a question about it.

[quote name='He4vyMetaL']How soon after I buy something can I use my SYWR Points? Say I buy MLB 11: The Show (Offer 15,000 SYWR Points) today. Right after I purchase it can I go buy something else & use those points right away as in within a minute of the initial purchase?[/QUOTE]
Technically speaking if you see the bonus points awarded on your receipt they should show up right away. However, officially, sometimes they can take up to 7 days according to the SYWR team.

[quote name='Kagath']Thanks for the official confirmation. I don't follow the thread 24/7 so it's a little better than people getting mad I asked a question about it.[/QUOTE]
No problem at all! Always feel free to contact me directly as I have a tough time keeping up with the thread too!

[quote name='DPsycho']Some of us are wondering what your thoughts/plans are on Portal 2. Please enlighten us. :D[/QUOTE]

He JUST said that he would announce this month's deals on Thursday.. he's not going to reveal April's deals yet.

[quote name='fujimitsu']How many times to people have to tell you?

Just to reiterate: THIS WILL WORK. ALL KMARTGAMER SALES WORK LIKE THIS..[/QUOTE]

This has been true every time I've bought one of the game deals from Kmart. I got to the point of not even saying anything to the clerk and just letting him/her be surprised by the total. I already know in my head of what the deal should cost after the discount. I make sure the total is correct then I check my receipt to verify the bonus points, if applicable.

[quote name='DPsycho']Some of us are wondering what your thoughts/plans are on Portal 2. Please enlighten us. :D[/QUOTE]
It's definitely on the radar; April isn't as stacked as March so it will be important to highlight the releases promotionally.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's definitely on the radar; April isn't as stacked as March so it will be important to highlight the releases promotionally.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks!

Josh,

I just wanted to let you know I was able to get in on the Pokemon DSi deal at store # 9563 last Sunday, even though they did not have them out yet. The very helpful cashier, Galen, went to the back and got them. I have never had a problem getting any of the deals so keep them coming. I'm looking forward to Homefront (hope it doesn't disappoint).

I just wanted to get this straight. I didn't get my SYWR card in the mail yet, but it should be in the process of being shipped to me. I have all of the contact preferences emailed to me.

So in order to get the Yakuza 4 deal starting Tuesday, I should just pick up both Yakuza 3/4, tell the associate the phone number I have associated with the card that I didn't get yet, and it should work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back