Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Duke Nukem for $9.99 AC

as much as I like the deals and appreciate the work Josh does, I'm glad to be off the coupon train. I just can't spend 25 minutes waiting/ trying to find someone to help me.

[quote name='usickenme']Picked up Duke Nukem for $9.99 AC

as much as I like the deals and appreciate the work Josh does, I'm glad to be off the coupon train. I just can't spend 25 minutes waiting/ trying to find someone to help me.[/QUOTE]

I totally get it dude. KmartGamer is going to take over Kmart.com as the primary selling vehicle online. I will be tremendously disappointed if all of our coupon promotions etc. are not available online this Fall. Especially with the next site update planned for Sept. 1st.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']It amazes me how people continually find ways to complain about these deals. Not only was it a $15 coupon, but tons of games were discounted on top of that. If I were Josh, I would have thrown my hands up months ago and said, "What a bunch of self-entitled babies. I give up!"[/QUOTE]

Nah :) It's all good. I just find it funny that I think if I just had the sale prices listed for this week that everyone would have probably praised the ad for the most part. ....but because I added a coupon its an issue lol.

[quote name='nas6034']JOSH / SHC-GAMER: please email me. I emailed you saying I purchased alan wake with the sywr on SUNDAY and it rung up 19.99$..I thought the 9.99 price was EFFECTIVE SUNDAY IN ALL AREAS as per the first post that says all BLOG POSTS are EFFECTIVE EVERYWHERE/ALL AREAS.[/QUOTE]

I definitely will, the blog post that is on KmartGamer features the items featured in the circular and actually mentions that non circular areas would need an ad or a print off of the site to honor it. Just as a heads up. I'll still do my best to help.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']Was sad to see this was in Maine, but in truth, every store experiences theft and many times it is from employees. It is amazing to me how people will then try to justify it with things like, "i'm grossly underpaid," or "Kmart can afford it." I actually just got a promotion for this very reason and now I am trying to pick up the pieces from the mess that was left to me.[/QUOTE]

It is very sad, I started in LP and was shocked how bad it can get out there.

[quote name='cheddarisbetter']Hey Josh, why is it that Hawaii Kmartgamers always get the shaft with all these deals. I has a nice stack of games I wanted to grab but none reflected the the first page deals.......................[/QUOTE]

Because the national circular does not extend out to Hawaii. I wish it did actually. Coupon offers and blog ONLY offers do in fact work though. For circular offers, the stores should honor the deal though if presented with a print off of either the blog or from Kmart.com.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']Is there a list of upcoming gaming coupons and their values? I am trying to tie the Amazon credit chain together, and want to do the same to K-Mart. If K-Mart does as good as Amazon, I'll just use K-Mart. I prefer it, honestly.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'll ad it back soon. I plan on starting a new thread soon. I don't have very good memories of this one :)

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']Josh, will Kmart be carrying the Nyko Zoom for Kinect, on its release date and in all stores?[/QUOTE]

Early September. Thanks.

[quote name='sterlingice']Somewhere along the line, I must have failed coupon. I got :wii: Tiger Woods 2010 , :ds: Suikoden, and :psp: Castlevania for $47 + $3 in tax. Yet I did not receive a coupon. Before I go bugging Josh, could someone point out where I failed coupon? SI[/QUOTE]

Bug me :)

[quote name='Phenomic']Any word on carrying El Shaddai in store Josh?[/QUOTE]

Yes, unfortunately as much as I want it, mark it down as another title that we should carry if we are serious about getting gamers but cannot for certain factors.

Man, I was going to be all over the Skyrim CE, but that price. Is that going to be stocked regularly, request only, or not carried at all? It's a popular enough game to warrant selling a few, but that price is pretty damn steep. What's Kmart position on it? (Apologies if this is a retread, I was away whilst all of this was announced and found myself 20 pages behind.) Deus Ex: Human Revolution seems to be getting good early reviews, so fingers crossed it's a good game. Hopefully there's still a market for a thinking man's shooter. [quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes, unfortunately as much as I want it, mark it down as another title that we should carry if we are serious about getting gamers but cannot for certain factors.[/QUOTE] That's probably the right call. It could be a sleeper, but the market just seems to give the cold shoulder to Eastern games lately. Sleeper hit stories like Demon's Souls catch people by surprise for a reason. If you, as you said, had a mechanism in place for bringing in a small amount guaranteed to sell, that'd be one thing, but it doesn't seem like a good gamble for a more widely distributed game.

[quote name='atc250es']Any chance of a $39.99 NCAA 12 in the near future?[/QUOTE]

I've been trying but EA has been holding off with support until this Fall it looks like.

Josh, I read an article earlier today (can't find the link, sorry) saying that Splinter Cell Trilogy HD will be released in digital format only in the UK. Have you heard anything about whether that will happen here? It would be very disappointing if so.

EDIT: Also, do you know when you'll have Shadows of the Damned on sale, and for how much?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I totally get it dude. KmartGamer is going to take over Kmart.com as the primary selling vehicle online. I will be tremendously disappointed if all of our coupon promotions etc. are not available online this Fall. Especially with the next site update planned for Sept. 1st.[/QUOTE]

Might be a good thing for Texas. I don't think there's a single KMart anywhere in the state and it's a possibility I might relocate there so I can still take advantage of your awesome gaming deals.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Because the national circular does not extend out to Hawaii. I wish it did actually. Coupon offers and blog ONLY offers do in fact work though. For circular offers, the stores should honor the deal though if presented with a print off of either the blog or from Kmart.com.[/QUOTE]

I understand the shipping and other expenses play into a factor in Hawaii, but with the job you have been doing to liquidate stock, especially in the "Titles that won't move bins". I just don't understand why other regions wont hop on this train or Big Corporate just force them into hopping aboard. Either way, keep up the good work and I look foward to the big coupon train over the horrizon, some $25 will be paired niceley with all these games coming soon!!

[quote name='cheddarisbetter']I understand the shipping and other expenses play into a factor in Hawaii, but with the job you have been doing to liquidate stock, especially in the "Titles that won't move bins". I just don't understand why other regions wont hop on this train or Big Corporate just force them into hopping aboard. Either way, keep up the good work and I look foward to the big coupon train over the horrizon, some $25 will be paired niceley with all these games coming soon!![/QUOTE]

dont most company flyers/sales always exclude HI and AK anyway?

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Man, I was going to be all over the Skyrim CE, but that price. Is that going to be stocked regularly, request only, or not carried at all? It's a popular enough game to warrant selling a few, but that price is pretty damn steep. What's Kmart position on it? (Apologies if this is a retread, I was away whilst all of this was announced and found myself 20 pages behind.) Deus Ex: Human Revolution seems to be getting good early reviews, so fingers crossed it's a good game. Hopefully there's still a market for a thinking man's shooter. That's probably the right call. It could be a sleeper, but the market just seems to give the cold shoulder to Eastern games lately. Sleeper hit stories like Demon's Souls catch people by surprise for a reason. If you, as you said, had a mechanism in place for bringing in a small amount guaranteed to sell, that'd be one thing, but it doesn't seem like a good gamble for a more widely distributed game.[/QUOTE]

As much as I love this series, I'm urging anyone I know to not pick this up. We're continually feeding the beast by blindly purchasing collector's editions and (not really) limited editions. They've blown the doors off of this one, with a 149.99 price tag, with no limitation of quantity in production. Every recent collector or limited edition is usually pr'd as rare, limited, etc but almost all in recent memory get clearanced out of stores (FONV, Halo Reach, Dead Rising 2, to name a few)

I'm starting a gamer advocacy group here shortly to deal with issues related to this, among others. Those who are passionate about the direction of gaming may wish to join me once I get it up and moving.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']As much as I love this series, I'm urging anyone I know to not pick this up. We're continually feeding the beast by blindly purchasing collector's editions and (not really) limited editions. They've blown the doors off of this one, with a 149.99 price tag, with no limitation of quantity in production. Every recent collector or limited edition is usually pr'd as rare, limited, etc but almost all in recent memory get clearanced out of stores (FONV, Halo Reach, Dead Rising 2, to name a few)

I'm starting a gamer advocacy group here shortly to deal with issues related to this, among others. Those who are passionate about the direction of gaming may wish to join me once I get it up and moving.[/QUOTE]

It's not like they only produce the limited edition version. Just get the normal game if you don't want the extra crap.

[quote name='Gosha']It's not like they only produce the limited edition version. Just get the normal game if you don't want the extra crap.[/QUOTE]

No, no, that's not the issue (I fully plan to buy the regular version of Skyrim fwiw) It's the denotation that limited edition actually means something, which implies it has more value due to its limited nature. Skyrim is calling it a collector's edition (which doesn't imply limitation) but there was an interview I read that stated that it would be limited.

I just feel if a game is stated as a limited run they should be clear on the production numbers. Which most aren't. Because they're not limited any more than their regular version counterparts.

I'm not saying this is an end of the gamer world situation, just feel that publishers should be up front with us, you know, their lifeblood. Especially those who are avid fans of different series and gladly hand over our money. There are more pressing issues, but it was brought up.

Sorry for the rant. Don't want this to turn into a long discussion, this is a Kmart deal thread!

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']No, no, that's not the issue (I fully plan to buy the regular version of Skyrim fwiw) It's the denotation that limited edition actually means something, which implies it has more value due to its limited nature. Skyrim is calling it a collector's edition (which doesn't imply limitation) but there was an interview I read that stated that it would be limited.

I just feel if a game is stated as a limited run they should be clear on the production numbers. Which most aren't. Because they're not limited any more than their regular version counterparts.

I'm not saying this is an end of the gamer world situation, just feel that publishers should be up front with us, you know, their lifeblood. Especially those who are avid fans of different series and gladly hand over our money. There are more pressing issues, but it was brought up.

Sorry for the rant.[/QUOTE]

Uh oh... careful before someone calls you a whiner.. I mean afterall if the publishers didn't produce an insane amount of these "Collecter, Special or Limited" edition games then they wouldn't plummet in value, and end up being clearanced out a few months after release which means 90% of the people that browse these forums wouldn't be able to get their hands on them!I am with you 110% though. I think the best way to solve the problem is only make them available by preorder. It'll never happen though...On a side note why is the text field showing all the hidden html?

collectors skyrim looks bad. $150 for a crappy statue and map..

regular edition 100%

sevenday I agree with your complaint. I'm tired of terms like limited and exclusive being thrown around without meaning when it comes to games. If the Skyrim CE is not literally limited (to a relatively small number) then it's a complete rip off and frankly I think only an idiot would buy this thing day one. If you want it for the low low price of just $143 you should be able to get it in your Amazon gold box though. What a deal!

oh yeah and the physical map is a preorder bonus with just about every retailer. So you can buy the game + map for xbox for $55, or you can buy the same thing with the art book and statue for just $95 more. What a bad joke.

Josh,

I bought almost all my games at kmart last year because of the sales. Problem is this year Best Buy has already announced their buy 5 get $100 back program.

So the question comes in: how far in advance are you going to post the deals for many of the big titles this fall ?

I'm sure there are many like me that if I am not going to know a bit ahead of time to plan things then I'll just end up going the safe route with best buy.

Just trying to throw you some advice as I do appreciate your work and efforts and would rather buy from Kmart if the deals are there. On the other hand waiting till a week or so prior just won't cut it with so many games on the way.

[quote name='ShockandAww']sevenday I agree with your complaint. I'm tired of terms like limited and exclusive being thrown around without meaning when it comes to games. If the Skyrim CE is not literally limited (to a relatively small number) then it's a complete rip off and frankly I think only an idiot would buy this thing day one. If you want it for the low low price of just $143 you should be able to get it in your Amazon gold box though. What a deal![/QUOTE]

There's no legal definition of "limited" or "exclusive" so how are you gonna enforce a number?

What's "limited" to you might not be "limited" to someone else. Take a look at the ME2 lithographs: they started out doing 300. Now they're printing 800. Some people find them limited at 300. Some people find them limited at 800. There's no way you or anyone else can decide what is limited.

[quote name='takotchi'] Kmart deals are apparently a sacred cow on CAG. If Amazon, Best Buy, &c. did this you wouldn't have people defending it.[/QUOTE]
Ha, ha. We will never know the answer to your last statement because Amazon, BB, Target, etc. would never run this type of deal. Yet here you guys are, complaining and insinuating a conspiracy by SHC to get you to spend more.

I haven't been keeping up on this thread and I never get involved in it's pointless arguments but your post stood out to me.

To keep this on-topic, I picked up Alan Wake on Sunday morning. I waited forever for it to go on clearance at Target but I can live with the $10 price tag.

[quote name='confoosious']There's no legal definition of "limited" or "exclusive" so how are you gonna enforce a number?

What's "limited" to you might not be "limited" to someone else. Take a look at the ME2 lithographs: they started out doing 300. Now they're printing 800. Some people find them limited at 300. Some people find them limited at 800. There's no way you or anyone else can decide what is limited.[/QUOTE]

There is no enforcing a number obviously. What I'd like personally is a set amount that is disclosed. That's when I'd start paying for these CEs.

And you're right there's no legal definition but there are clear cases of false advertising imo. Catherine CE which I've complained about a few times now had a sticker on an ad that said it was limited and only being built to preorder demand. This was an absolute lie. Skyrim has a gamestop ad right now that says "gamestop exclusive bonus with pre-order of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim". They're referencing the map which is not in any defintion exclusive. That's misleading at best and imo demonstrably false advertising and advertisements like that should stop.

edit: I suppose technically Skyrims ad could be considered exclusive in the sense that it's pre-order only as opposed to also being able to get it after release...but give me a break. That itself probably isn't true and the point remains it's all gotten pretty ridiculous.

[quote name='confoosious']There's no legal definition of "limited" or "exclusive" so how are you gonna enforce a number?

What's "limited" to you might not be "limited" to someone else. Take a look at the ME2 lithographs: they started out doing 300. Now they're printing 800. Some people find them limited at 300. Some people find them limited at 800. There's no way you or anyone else can decide what is limited.[/QUOTE]

So you're supporting his point then. He (sevendayrevolution) is asking for clarity from companies by revealing those numbers so consumers can make that personal judgment. The person you hypothesized that would see it as limited at 300 but not at 800 should have that number made available before making his choice.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Josh,

I bought almost all my games at kmart last year because of the sales. Problem is this year Best Buy has already announced their buy 5 get $100 back program.

So the question comes in: how far in advance are you going to post the deals for many of the big titles this fall ?

I'm sure there are many like me that if I am not going to know a bit ahead of time to plan things then I'll just end up going the safe route with best buy.

Just trying to throw you some advice as I do appreciate your work and efforts and would rather buy from Kmart if the deals are there. On the other hand waiting till a week or so prior just won't cut it with so many games on the way.[/QUOTE]

In no way am I discrediting your feedback but I'm really not that impressed with the promo. Mandating 5 games just to get twenty back for each just doesn't have me running for cover though I am thrilled that they are getting more aggressive. I have had to really pay attention to them this summer. Hopefully it continues! Makes it easier to sell promotions :)

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, I read an article earlier today (can't find the link, sorry) saying that Splinter Cell Trilogy HD will be released in digital format only in the UK. Have you heard anything about whether that will happen here? It would be very disappointing if so.

EDIT: Also, do you know when you'll have Shadows of the Damned on sale, and for how much?[/QUOTE]
Still planning it as a physical disc release in the states.

I've been bugging EA for deal on Shadows, should happen soon.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer'] I've been bugging EA for deal on Shadows, should happen soon.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. The summer doldrums have been in full effect, and I wouldn't pass the chance to buy SotD for relatively cheap. (Perhaps in the $25-35 range I hope?)

[quote name='DPsycho']So you're supporting his point then. He (sevendayrevolution) is asking for clarity from companies by revealing those numbers so consumers can make that personal judgment. The person you hypothesized that would see it as limited at 300 but not at 800 should have that number made available before making his choice.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I'm saying, what is the first run production amount? I bought an assassin's creed print from ubiworkshop for 75.00 and it is one of 150. That has much more actual value to me as compared to if it was one of 15,000. Would I like it either way, sure.

I'm just asking for clarity or more honest promoting, either way.

I wish it was fall already, I want to play...!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']In no way am I discrediting your feedback but I'm really not that impressed with the promo. Mandating 5 games just to get twenty back for each just doesn't have me running for cover though I am thrilled that they are getting more aggressive. I have had to really pay attention to them this summer. Hopefully it continues! Makes it easier to sell promotions :)[/QUOTE]

It includes any promo's they run with titles as well, and any DLC too. Has good potential but its hard to say how good it will end up.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']It includes any promo's they run with titles as well, and any DLC too. Has good potential but its hard to say how good it will end up.[/QUOTE]Very true, if it ends up stacking with multiple Bogos or gift card promotions that would be very tough to beat.

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']Josh, will Kmart be carrying/have a deal on Professor Layton and the Last Specter whenever it releases?[/QUOTE]
Yep!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']In no way am I discrediting your feedback but I'm really not that impressed with the promo. Mandating 5 games just to get twenty back for each just doesn't have me running for cover though I am thrilled that they are getting more aggressive. I have had to really pay attention to them this summer. Hopefully it continues! Makes it easier to sell promotions :)[/QUOTE]

Josh, Well see this is how I view it. I know at Best Buy I will get at least $20 credit back each game and I know I will get a ton of cool dlc exclusives. That is a pretty good deal and potentially could get better. Very safe regardless of what 5 games I choose to get. Now with Kmart I know your going to run nice promos, but how do I know I will get at least $20 each game. Maybe some with be $25, maybe some will only have a $10 or $15. It's a big mystery. Could be the best but nothing is certain. My post wasn't meant for you to be afraid of Best Buy and run for cover but rather just that they are open and letting us know the deal well ahead of time. That's why my biggest question to you was how far in advance are we going to know the deals? And you didn't answer that part :/

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Very true, if it ends up stacking with multiple Bogos or gift card promotions that would be very tough to beat.[/QUOTE]

I think if you evaluate the deals solely title vs title Kmart will beat anything the other retailers offer hands down.However over the long run I'm really intrigued by what Best Buy is doing because it appears they will stack that 5 titles $100 RZ with other offers.For example I'll be getting Resitance 3: Doomsday Edition for $120 (retail $150) due to it stacking with an accessories promotion and it is ALSO included in the 5 game $100 RZ promotion.Now if they do a gift card during release week I'll get that as well and also earn RZ points on it.I
Edit: I also wanted to add that I think this weeks promotion is awesome and if you get creative and make use of the clearance section in electronics you can find cheap filler items like usb flash drives for just a couple of dollars.My only question (and sorry if it has been answered) is the $40 spending requirment out of pocket? Or can I use a $20 coupon even if that $20 coupon means I'm only spending less then $40 out of pocket?

[quote name='jinxpalm']Josh, Well see this is how I view it. I know at Best Buy I will get at least $20 credit back each game and I know I will get a ton of cool dlc exclusives. That is a pretty good deal and potentially could get better. Very safe regardless of what 5 games I choose to get. Now with Kmart I know your going to run nice promos, but how do I know I will get at least $20 each game. Maybe some with be $25, maybe some will only have a $10 or $15. It's a big mystery. Could be the best but nothing is certain. My post wasn't meant for you to be afraid of Best Buy and run for cover but rather just that they are open and letting us know the deal well ahead of time. That's why my biggest question to you was how far in advance are we going to know the deals? And you didn't answer that part :/[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Josh will respond but this is my take based on him addressing this exact thing in the past:

Josh has stated several times before that he now has to reveal most deals the week before because it undermines his efforts since other retailers (most notably Amazon) will try to match the deal and take the sales from K-Mart if he gives more notice. The less time that competitors know about it before a game releases the less chance they have to try to act on it. I know you will argue that the opposite is true and that it would increase sales, but unfortunately the number of sales that can be lost to Amazon greatly outweighs a handful of CAGs that plot out their purchases far in advance.

[quote name='takotchi']It's "$40" because $40-$15 makes it sound like you're getting a good deal. But of course, you have to spend more like $50, but "spend $49 or more..." doesn't look as tempting to people, I guess. Whatever. Kmart deals are apparently a sacred cow on CAG. If Amazon, Best Buy, &c. did this you wouldn't have people defending it.[/QUOTE]

Oh please. It takes a certain kind of mind to think getting a $15 coupon for spending over $40 is an attempt to rip you off. Any number Josh decided on would preclude certain things from counting. He gave the lowest one he could. He didn't want two 19.99 games to count, so put the limit at 40. He could have put the limit at 45 too, to accomplish the same thing... would you have preferred that? I can't believe Josh hasn't told us all to sod off yet, quit his job, dug a hole and stuck his head in it just to stop hearing the endless bitching when he provides deal after deal.

Honestly, i rather have clearance come back, then these coupons. These games will be drop eventually anyway, so the coupons defeat the purpose if your patient. I guess CAG's knew this, but i guess i was wrong. Ya, ya, i know its a business...blah..blah. I haven't stepped foot in Kmart in months, atleast Target has the right idea. R.I.P. Kaydigi :(

[quote name='jinxpalm']Josh, Well see this is how I view it. I know at Best Buy I will get at least $20 credit back each game and I know I will get a ton of cool dlc exclusives. That is a pretty good deal and potentially could get better. Very safe regardless of what 5 games I choose to get. Now with Kmart I know your going to run nice promos, but how do I know I will get at least $20 each game. Maybe some with be $25, maybe some will only have a $10 or $15. It's a big mystery. Could be the best but nothing is certain. My post wasn't meant for you to be afraid of Best Buy and run for cover but rather just that they are open and letting us know the deal well ahead of time. That's why my biggest question to you was how far in advance are we going to know the deals? And you didn't answer that part :/[/QUOTE]

Totally get it, your point is very valid, at least from a forecasting perspective I plan on being very aggressive and a quick match by someone would be devastating to me. In total transparency, I definitely struggle with this issue.

Any word on whether or not my $20 gc for the snafu in NY is inbound as of yet, Josh? I ask because I'm kinda intrigued by this spend $40, get a $15 coupon(which I'd probably use to get a PSN card for $5 next week:razz:) promo, but if I could lessen the amount of cash coming out of my pocket a bit more I'd be even happier to buy some stuff.;)

Speaking of which, any word on if/when Kmart is gonna join the likes of Best Buy/Target/Toys R' Us in competing with Gamestop on the game(and maybe system) trade-in front? I know there was a trade program in beta testing mode a while ago, but we haven't heard bupkiss on it since.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Any word on whether or not my $20 gc for the snafu in NY is inbound as of yet, Josh? I ask because I'm kinda intrigued by this spend $40, get a $15 coupon(which I'd probably use to get a PSN card for $5 next week:razz:) promo, but if I could lessen the amount of cash coming out of my pocket a bit more I'd be even happier to buy some stuff.;)[/QUOTE]
Typically GCs can take ten Business days from my confirmation back as a standard rule.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Speaking of which, any word on if/when Kmart is gonna join the likes of Best Buy/Target/Toys R' Us in competing with Gamestop on the game(and maybe system) trade-in front? I know there was a trade program in beta testing mode a while ago, but we haven't heard bupkiss on it since.[/QUOTE]

Yep, a hundred stores will have a program shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back