Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
If i didn't already have like $20 in coupons invested into Ico/Shadow of the Colossus at amazon, I would get that at Kmart. I have seen like no deals for that game anywhere....

So it's confirmed the coupons no longer work on MS Points cards? Bummer. That will be the difference between me getting X-Men Destiny at KMart or TRU if the coupons/gift cards are equal value ($25 at TRU.) I need points for NBA Jam: On Fire and DLC for Dungeon Siege 3, Deus Ex, and DA II all coming out in Oct.

Thanks Josh. Jumped on this weeks deal despite not needing the 12 month card.
On another note. I have gotten more excited for Rage. Come on deal gods, give us an irresistible deal on Rage...and Batman..

[quote name='MSUHitman']So it's confirmed the coupons no longer work on MS Points cards? Bummer. That will be the difference between me getting X-Men Destiny at KMart or TRU if the coupons/gift cards are equal value ($25 at TRU.) I need points for NBA Jam: On Fire and DLC for Dungeon Siege 3, Deus Ex, and DA II all coming out in Oct.[/QUOTE]
Wait, what?! I used a coupon on point card not that long ago. However, it was a 15 credit for the 20 dollar point card. I think I have read in posts that the they were trying to use a 20 credit for a 1600 point card-which is under 20 before tax. Hopefully that is the only confusion and you can still use your gift receipt on MS and Sony point cards.

Josh, matching TRU w/ X-Men?

[quote name='aznhero913']Put the cherry on top of it, I just got an email that $55 worth of my SYWR points are expiring in 8 days...lovely.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll lose all your points. They're supposed to last a year. I got the same email, I signed up for SYWR last September and remember using most of my points earlier this year.

I went to the SYWR website and it says "If you have points expiring in September, they will show below your 'available points' balance." Despite the email, the website isn't showing any of my points expiring.

[quote name='Darknuke']If i didn't already have like $20 in coupons invested into Ico/Shadow of the Colossus at amazon, I would get that at Kmart. I have seen like no deals for that game anywhere....[/QUOTE] I just hope they have inventory unlike what has happened during the week of Resistance 3, Dead Island, Space Marine launch. I'm so looking forward to replaying this in HD.

[quote name='MSUHitman']So it's confirmed the coupons no longer work on MS Points cards?[/QUOTE]
Where is that confirmed did I miss something? What about PSN cards?

[quote name='Shimmerz']I have to agree with this. I have many of the other games ordered at other locations because I cleaned out a lot of old stuff for trade in credit.[/QUOTE]
This is my problem too. I traded all my games in to Gamestop and now I have pretty much everything for the year paid off in credit there. I need to find something to use my GS credit on that I can resell and get some real cash for. It's so annoying using my credit and basically paying full retail for my games.

I know how you feel. My store was completely destroyed on 9/7/11 from the biblical flood that swept through our area. We're still considered a FEMA disaster zone right now from all the devastation.

Still waiting on Josh to email me (I emailed him already) to see what I can do about the $35 in coupons I have which will definitely expire before my store is able to re-open.

But quite honestly, I DOUBT they will re-open. Completely flooded and had some sort of internal explosion inside the store. It's crazy.

[quote name='aznhero913']Awww fuck!!!!

Man, this really really fucking sucks!

Store near me is closing and the next nearest stores are about half an hour each way w/ ATL traffic...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aznhero913']Put the cherry on top of it, I just got an email that $55 worth of my SYWR points are expiring in 8 days...lovely.[/QUOTE]

I just bought a printer yesterday and I still have $17.53 left over. The cashier was explaining that he also received the e-mail this time and once before, but when he e-mailed them back, they said it was a mistake.

I didn't feel like taking a chance and there was nothing that burning anger at losing over $100.00 in points would do for me in October. But, maybe if you contact them or like the previous poster said, check the website?

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']

Wait, what?! I used a coupon on point card not that long ago. However, it was a 15 credit for the 20 dollar point card. I think I have read in posts that the they were trying to use a 20 credit for a 1600 point card-which is under 20 before tax. Hopefully that is the only confusion and you can still use your gift receipt on MS and Sony point cards.

[/QUOTE]

I tried using 2 $20 coupons on a 4000 Point card ($49.99) and a $15 coupon on a 1600 Point card ($19.99). Both times the system said requirements not met so something is definitely different as I had used them on point cards in the past.

[quote name='DS9']In the case of Geras of War 3 he even stated you get $20 on buying normal, limited or epic editions, so if they don't stock why included them in the offer then. They stock them somewhere so stock a few everywhere.[/QUOTE]
They offer it on some LEs because they stock LEs in some Kmarts. They don't stock them in every Kmart because what would be the point of bringing in a shit ton of expensive merchandise that won't sell? Kmart has nether the space nor the marketshare to stock like Gamestop or Best Buy do. Saying "well you offer it in 1/6 your chain so stock it everywhere" is just short sighted. That's at least six times the merchandise to order and hold on store shelves. Do you honestly think that will all sell?

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']I just bought a printer yesterday and I still have $17.53 left over. The cashier was explaining that he also received the e-mail this time and once before, but when he e-mailed them back, they said it was a mistake.

I didn't feel like taking a chance and there was nothing that burning anger at losing over $100.00 in points would do for me in October. But, maybe if you contact them or like the previous poster said, check the website?[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, they always send out emails like that. Its because their system tracking is wonky. Points expire a year after they were earned, so basically if you earn 20,000 points today those will be there for a full year. Then you'll be warned about them expiring. If you use them....you still get the email anyway.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']They offer it on some LEs because they stock LEs in some Kmarts. They don't stock them in every Kmart because what would be the point of bringing in a shit ton of expensive merchandise that won't sell? Kmart has nether the space nor the marketshare to stock like Gamestop or Best Buy do. Saying "well you offer it in 1/6 your chain so stock it everywhere" is just short sighted. That's at least six times the merchandise to order and hold on store shelves. Do you honestly think that will all sell?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. All the Kmarts I live near still have Halo Reach LEs, warcraft: cataclysm and AC: Brotherhood CEs among others. Most people have no interest in paying $80-$150 for a few extra throw ins, and companies usually lose out $$. Thats why Toyrsus rarely ever carries them, and Target will only carry a couple of big launch titles. We are lucky Kmart bothers bringing them in store at all.

For those complaining, just be pre-emptive in asking stock-boy to try to send some to your store in a enough time before the game is supposed to be released. If they plan on carrying any, Stock-boy and Josh are oustanding in providing requested copies.

Checked the local Kmart here in Puerto Rico to get the 29.99 XBL gold offer with Gears, the store clerk had no idea what i was talking about.

Just got gears3. Finally, got the electronics employee that knows what she is doing. She helped me in using my sywr points and told me I would get a $20 coupon which expires 11/5. (Give her a raise.)

No problems this time with the receipt getting jammed. Didn't have to deal with customer service.

[quote name='Grecco']Checked the local Kmart here in Puerto Rico to get the 29.99 XBL gold offer with Gears, the store clerk had no idea what i was talking about.[/QUOTE]The clerk doesn't have to know, he just has to ring everything up.

[quote name='aznhero913']Awww fuck!!!!

Man, this really really fucking sucks!

Store near me is closing and the next nearest stores are about half an hour each way w/ ATL traffic...[/QUOTE]

Same here. I live literally 2 minutes away from the Tucker K-mart, now I'll have to go to Mall of GA if I want to get in on the deals.

So not really wanting to jump back on the coupon train, but really want to play ICO/Shadow since I never played them and always heard great things. Would like to know if we can't use coupons on points though, as this was what I was going to use the $15 coupon on.

People (like Shimmerz) above my original post said coupons no longer work on points cards, so that's why I posted wanting clarification. Either TRU, KMart, or Amazon is going to get my money for X-Men Destiny depending on the deal (I honestly hope it's Amazon for no tax and the Emma Frost unlocks.) asI need 2 1600 or 1 4000 points card for the month of October.

I can't personally confirm whether or not coupons still work on points cards, but Shimmerz example seems to pretty much cover that they don't work with Microsoft cards right now.

To Josh (or anyone else),
Am I correct in assuming that the "premium map" for Skyrim is going to be one of those pre-order only bonuses like Dark Souls and Zelda (and thus will not come with the copies sold at K-Mart)?

[quote name='MSUHitman']People (like Shimmerz) above my original post said coupons no longer work on points cards, so that's why I posted wanting clarification. Either TRU, KMart, or Amazon is going to get my money for X-Men Destiny depending on the deal (I honestly hope it's Amazon for no tax and the Emma Frost unlocks.) asI need 2 1600 or 1 4000 points card for the month of October.[/QUOTE]

Until Josh or Stock-Boy confirms this, don't assume it to be the case. I've had no problems getting PSN cards with the coupons, as long as what i was getting was higher than the coupon amount. I know you're not talking about PSN points, but there's no reason why those would work and XBL cards wouldn't.

[quote name='GPrime101']Until Josh or Stock-Boy confirms this, don't assume it to be the case. I've had no problems getting PSN cards with the coupons, as long as what i was getting was higher than the coupon amount. I know you're not talking about PSN points, but there's no reason why those would work and XBL cards wouldn't.[/QUOTE]
They definitely still work, its just about the value of the coupon and the value of the purchase that needs to be in line. Otherwise it has be associate error of some type as we've definitely sold cards this week that had coupons used on them.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']They definitely still work, its just about the value of the coupon and the value of the purchase that needs to be in line.[/QUOTE]

The computers at the Newburyport, MA store begs to differ. I definitely tried to use coupons valued lower than the point card total, yet the coupons worked just fine on software, go figure.

$49.99 (4000 pt card) didnt work with a $20 off coupon (either from Madden or Deus Ex)
$19.99 (1600 pt card) didnt work with a $15 off coupon (from Space Marine which I used the previous two coupons on)

So regardless of whether people say its working or not, until it actually works at my store I consider it not working.

[quote name='Shimmerz']The computers at the Newburyport, MA store begs to differ. I definitely tried to use coupons valued lower than the point card total, yet the coupons worked just fine on software, go figure.

$49.99 (4000 pt card) didnt work with a $20 off coupon (either from Madden or Deus Ex)
$19.99 (1600 pt card) didnt work with a $15 off coupon (from Space Marine which I used the previous two coupons on)

So regardless of whether people say its working or not, until it actually works at my store I consider it not working.[/QUOTE]
Pasting this in an email to IT. We'll see what going on, definitely sold cards though this week via coupons. Maybe something weird is going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back