Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Went in yesterday and got the standard copy (no LE's, like I wanted) and 12 month card with coupon, no problem. A good experience at my Kmart for once. Thanks for the great deal.

[quote name='GreyFox787']I am curious: why is the $20 gaming coupon not mentioned on the Kmart.com listing for Gears of War 3??[/QUOTE]
It is on save game #8 on KmartGamer.com, it is in store only. Thx.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Well that is a nice welcome back for you.........ugh[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna hold it against the store or anything -- the strangest part is that I've dealt with the employee before and he's usually laid back and easy going.

He was polite when refusing the coupons and the more I think about it, the more I think someone convinced him to accept multiple coupons with the same ID somewhere down the line and he was trying to cover himself.

On a positive note, this is the third week in a row I've gone when they've had the games out, the coupons printed, and they had a decent stock of 12 month cards for the Gears deal (I nabbed one!) They had a box of Gears 3 under the register so they didn't have to mess with the case every time.

Its definitely a marked improvement from last year, at least at this one store. I'll take employees who disagree politely but eventually do the right thing over the situations of last year, haha.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Was told recently I will not be given this functionality this year.........

Head + Wall = Me[/QUOTE]

Always an uphill battle for you, isn't it, Josh?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Was told recently I will not be given this functionality this year.........

Head + Wall = Me[/QUOTE]

Wow. Words cannot explain how disappointed I am.

Head + Wall = Me[/QUOTE]

I'll help you out there. :wall: j/k It sucks though

But I see the Sports Bundle is gonna be on sale for $50 next week. Is the Tiger Woods Bundle gonna be the same price also?

Last edited by a moderator:

Head + Wall = Me[/QUOTE]

Keep your head up

[quote name='Zorba3']Does Best Buy honor the combo deal? The $20 off and Xbox live 12mon $30[/QUOTE]

Probably YMMV, but usually no. K-mart had another combo deal earlier this year, but I went to Best Buy to use up some gift cards from Xmas. I actually had a BB manager sneer at me and say that he'd worked in customer service for 25 years and no one would ever have a combo deal like the ones Josh has set up for us.

I told him with his attitude he should probably find a different line of work and left. Then I sold my gift cards, went to K-Mart and got the deal, and haven't gone back to BB since.

Josh is there any chance that these deals will ever be done at Sears? I recently moved back to my home state of AK and can no longer use the coupons as my excuse to pick up every game I want to my other half. That or get a Kmart built up here..you know whichever you can get done this week :)

Head + Wall = Me[/QUOTE]
Just give the people responsible for this setback a Mortal Kombat t-shirt and let nature take its course. :bouncy:

For anyone having problems tracking down a set of the Turtle Beach X12's in this weeks ad, to paraphrase the response I received from [email protected], that due to unforeseen supply issues not every store was able to stock them, but they should give you a rain check for them. And if they don't let him know (address above). Hope this helps.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Just give the people responsible for this setback a Mortal Kombat t-shirt and let nature take its course. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Still love that one. :D

Why don't you have stock of Limited Editions of new games? I mean at least order like 5 or 6 per store or something. For every game that has a CE/LE I WANT to buy it at Kmart but I end buying thru Amazon who I know 100% will deliver and stock CE/LE's.

[quote name='DS9']Why don't you have stock of Limited Editions of new games? I mean at least order like 5 or 6 per store or something. For every game that has a CE/LE I WANT to buy it at Kmart but I end buying thru Amazon who I know 100% will deliver and stock CE/LE's.[/QUOTE]

Because if LEs don't sell at launch, then they simply don't sell. So now you have all these oversized boxes sitting around that you have to wait until someone wants to buy it at way less than MSRP.

What happens if you buy the game, get the gamer coupon and the $30 off the Live card and then end up returning the game? Does the coupon invalidate itself?

[quote name='jbz']What happens if you buy the game, get the gamer coupon and the $30 off the Live card and then end up returning the game? Does the coupon invalidate itself?[/QUOTE]

most likely do not credit you back $30.

Hey Josh, any chance that Rock Band 3 Keyboards will go on sale/clearance out anytime soon? I noticed that both stores in NYC have about 4-6 on the 360 (didn't bother looking at other systems) just hanging around.

Does anyone know if Kmart will be carrying the Collector's edition version of Dark souls? Any bonus credit? I have some credits to burn so I hope they do.

[quote name='jbz']What happens if you buy the game, get the gamer coupon and the $30 off the Live card and then end up returning the game? Does the coupon invalidate itself?[/QUOTE]

You have to hand your coupon back to the customer service or they'll deduct 20 off the price and another 30 because of the 30 off the Live Card. I had a simular issue when I bought Homefront and got a better deal from Amazon.

[quote name='darkitachi']Does anyone know if Kmart will be carrying the Collector's edition version of Dark souls? Any bonus credit? I have some credits to burn so I hope they do.[/QUOTE]

No Collector's Edition if I remember correctly haven't heard about if this will have a coupon or not. I would assume either a $15 or $20.

[quote name='Marauder7']You have to hand your coupon back to the customer service or they'll deduct 20 off the price and another 30 because of the 30 off the Live Card. I had a simular issue when I bought Homefront and got a better deal from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Thanks!

Sent an email complaining about a SYWR issue. Not exactly your area, probably, but hopefully you can help.
SYWR points expiring at the end of the month and I wasn't able to use them for my Gears purchase for whatever reason.

Any news on
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD

it comes out the same day as the Ico/SotC collection which I will be getting with the 15 off

if they're going to deny you online coupons they better give you some resources on making the store experience better.

Head + Wall = Me[/QUOTE]

Awww fuck!!!!

Man, this really really fucking sucks!

Store near me is closing and the next nearest stores are about half an hour each way w/ ATL traffic...

Head + Wall = Me[/QUOTE]

K-Mart's perfectly content living in 1992.

In fact, if Stock Boy did a stock sweep of the company, I bet there's at least one NES, SNES or Game Boy game sitting in a stock room or against the back wall of a shelf somewhere in the company.

How about some way to make employees actually, you know, accountable for games not being made available on release day?

I've finally found a store that does it right, but this shouldn't even be a question if online coupons can't be done.

[quote name='jer7583']How about some way to make employees actually, you know, accountable for games not being made available on release day?

I've finally found a store that does it right, but this shouldn't even be a question if online coupons can't be done.[/QUOTE]
This 100%. If online coupons can't be done then every store should A) Have a qualified electronics department and B) Have workers accountable if they have stock but are not shelved on release day thus turning away customers.

As much as Josh does for us, the employees of K-mart make me not want to shop there. I only been to one k-mart that does the electronics section correctly (as of competent workers and fully stocked electronics section with PSN/XBLA cards), and that one is so out of the way I can't really go there at all.

I picked up Gears 3 and got the $20 coupon but they were sold out of 12 mos. Thing is what can be done for the deal? I actually had a special with MS for a year for $30 on the 18th so I'm not hard up for the deal.

@Josh - I have two questions regarding Dark Souls. Can you find out if Kmart will be stocking the "limited edition" , the one that's a free upgrade with a pre order? Also, am I correct in assuming Dark Souls will include a $20 coupon?

I know Kmart doesn't do pre orders on games. Any information on this would be appreciated!

[quote name='DS9']Why don't you have stock of Limited Editions of new games? I mean at least order like 5 or 6 per store or something. For every game that has a CE/LE I WANT to buy it at Kmart but I end buying thru Amazon who I know 100% will deliver and stock CE/LE's.[/QUOTE]

One look at my store answers that question... They still have Halo Reach LE's, Assassin's Creed: B CE's, and a couple other scattered about. They get rid of the Reach LE's so not sure if they pitched them or discounted them...

[quote name='lighthous3']@Josh - I have two questions regarding Dark Souls. Can you find out if Kmart will be stocking the "limited edition" , the one that's a free upgrade with a pre order? Also, am I correct in assuming Dark Souls will include a $20 coupon?

I know Kmart doesn't do pre orders on games. Any information on this would be appreciated![/QUOTE]While I can't speak on the coupon amount, Josh (and/or Stock Boy) has/have said that the Dark Souls LE was a preorder-only item, and since Kmart doesn't do preorders yet in-store, Kmart will not be stocking that version in stores.

I feel a little bad for doing this, but I'm going to end up getting the Dark Souls LE at Gamestop with its guide at 20% off (due to PUR and the discount for buying a guide with a game). I had credit to burn ($21 of which came from trading in MX vs. ATV Alive, a prize from a Daily Mark a few weeks ago, so it's kind of like I used a coupon! :bouncy:), and I'll be able to take $10 off the purchase thanks to the PUR points I've accumulated.

At least I decided to get RAGE after thinking about it for awhile, so I'll be at Kmart that week after all. :D

[quote name='JKSonic']One look at my store answers that question... They still have Halo Reach LE's, Assassin's Creed: B CE's, and a couple other scattered about. They get rid of the Reach LE's so not sure if they pitched them or discounted them...[/QUOTE]

Same here, and the Halo giant box (not sure what term it is!) is at full price. Tough to get rid of those when deals come up for 50. They certainly aren't going to go UP in value, so why they don't clear up space is beyond me and offer what the 'actual' rate is!

Once they establish themselves as a longer term go to place, things like this might change? I dunno.

Same thing with the Skyward Sword CE? :( I really hope it's not pre-order exclusive, if it is I bet Nintendo's doing it so they don't have to give any deals to retailers.

Head + Wall = Me[/QUOTE]

This functionality really shouldn't be all that hard in principle. I can only conclude that whoever is in charge of kmart.com is severely understaffed.

[quote name='Marauder7']What I've been told is that they will ask you to had over the coupon. If you do not have the coupon or used it already they will minus it out of the return.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir.

[quote name='o_O']Because if LEs don't sell at launch, then they simply don't sell. So now you have all these oversized boxes sitting around that you have to wait until someone wants to buy it at way less than MSRP.[/QUOTE]

In the case of Geras of War 3 he even stated you get $20 on buying normal, limited or epic editions, so if they don't stock why included them in the offer then. They stock them somewhere so stock a few everywhere.

[quote name='Vigilante']While I can't speak on the coupon amount, Josh (and/or Stock Boy) has/have said that the Dark Souls LE was a preorder-only item, and since Kmart doesn't do preorders yet in-store, Kmart will not be stocking that version in stores.

I feel a little bad for doing this, but I'm going to end up getting the Dark Souls LE at Gamestop with its guide at 20% off (due to PUR and the discount for buying a guide with a game). I had credit to burn ($21 of which came from trading in MX vs. ATV Alive, a prize from a Daily Mark a few weeks ago, so it's kind of like I used a coupon! :bouncy:), and I'll be able to take $10 off the purchase thanks to the PUR points I've accumulated.

At least I decided to get RAGE after thinking about it for awhile, so I'll be at Kmart that week after all. :D[/QUOTE]

This is disappointing news about the Dark Souls Limited Edition.

I figured it would be like Deus Ex's limited edition where we would private message Stockboy our store's locations so they would know which stores to send limited editions to.

Might have to do the same thing as you and get Dark Souls from Gamestop.

Bottom line is this, the stars aligned up for the gaming retailers for the fall to make a shit load of money.

When can you ever remember within a 2 month span where 7-10 blockbuster titles released consecutively? And I'm talking about games people "have to have" (gears, BF3, MW3, U3, etc...)

Kmart is really gonna miss out on one killer gaming sales quarter b/c of the lack of online sales for video games.

Put the cherry on top of it, I just got an email that $55 worth of my SYWR points are expiring in 8 days...lovely.

[quote name='aznhero913']

Kmart is really gonna miss out on one killer gaming sales quarter b/c of the lack of online sales for video games.

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this. I have many of the other games ordered at other locations because I cleaned out a lot of old stuff for trade in credit. I've been buying certain titles at Kmart still, but whenever I try to go to use the coupons I cant find anything I'm looking for. They dont work on XBL point cards anymore, went looking for Batman GOTY, Classic Wii Controller and Monster Hunter Tri only to come up empty. Unless you only chain the coupons for new releases then its not worth it due to the hassle involved. I have a feeling my last coupons will expire and that will be the end of it for me. If I could order off the website then I'd be all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back