Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cleaner7']Just came back from the only Kmart near me and there were no Gears of War 3 Limited Editions in stock. Any idea if Kmart gets any more shipments during the week? The guy in the electronics department was unhelpful in every way.[/QUOTE]

Asked this at my closest store today and they said a truck comes comes round noonish on either Thurs or Friday..They told me just call up, transfer to electronics and just ask "did you get a truck today"

[quote name='wune']Been in your position before. Don't expect them to.[/QUOTE]

Yup, went ahead and took the email Josh route just in case!

[quote name='gaggil']My Kmart seems to be one of the better organized stores.

This morning there were a few Gears consoles, two limited editions and a bunch of standard editions.

There was a peg with at least twenty 12 month cards there as well.

The $20 coupon and $30 off of the Xbox live card made this the best deal I could find.

I went back this afternoon and the consoles and other limited edition were still there!!![/QUOTE]

Can you mention what store? #4344 on Tilghman was down to a few regular and one console bundle left. Thanks!

My store (#3405) had plenty of Gears copies but no 12 month cards.

How are you going to have a sale on cards but not even have them in stock the morning the sale starts?

This is bullshit.

It's bad enough that service at these stores is always dicey, but if corporate can't even correctly stock items that are on sale, it shows the low standards that the company has start from the top down.

Edit: Sorry for sounding like a whiny bitch, but it's disappointing to have issues half of the time you go to Kmart.

Went to both kmarts in Manhattan today . Astor place was sold out of gears and had to go to peen station. Tried to get 12 month card but, both stores are out of stock.

What is up with all these stock issues at K-Mart? I don't know about other K-Marts, but I have had pretty smooth experiences at my local K-Mart. However, these last few weeks has been annoying. My local K-Mart didn't have any copies of Resistance 3, God of War: Origins Collection, or Deus Ex when it was on sale last week. Today, I went in to see if they would have Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection and of course, they didn't have it in stock. What is the point of having these coupon deals if we can't even take advantage of them because they don't even carry these games on launch week?

[quote name='EducAsian']. Today, I went in to see if they would have Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection and of course, they didn't have it in stock. What is the point of having these coupon deals if we can't even take advantage of them because they don't even carry these games on launch week?[/QUOTE]

That's next week?

[quote name='dennisb407']Umm if they dont have an item in stock before they expire or have anything that interests me then yea...I dont use the coupons...simple as that.

You can DM your addy if you want...they expire in mid October area and there's absolutely nothing on that page 1 list that comes out in early/mid October that I desire.. I have no problem sending them out if Kmart hasnt brought a LE in stock by a week before they expire. I mean I could always use the coupons on that sure to be award winning Spiderman game coming out :roll:[/QUOTE]

Seriously???!! if you don't want them ....I'll definitely take them off your hands. PM me if anything :) thanks

[quote name='funco']Went to both kmarts in Manhattan today . Astor place was sold out of gears and had to go to peen station. Tried to get 12 month card but, both stores are out of stock.[/QUOTE]

When I went to penn station at like 8:30am. They ONLY had three 12 month xbox live cards. I nabbed one with a copy of gears 3 and some kid nabbed 2 copies of gears and two cards I believe.(Damn horders lol):hot:

[quote name='dennisb407']Asked this at my closest store today and they said a truck comes comes round noonish on either Thurs or Friday..They told me just call up, transfer to electronics and just ask "did you get a truck today"[/QUOTE]
Which doesn't work because games don't arrive on the trucks.
:roll: at store-level employees...

(unless that has changed and they arrive via trucks now, in which case I am wrong)

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Which doesn't work because games don't arrive on the trucks.
:roll: at store-level employees...

(unless that has changed and they arrive via trucks now, in which case I am wrong)[/QUOTE]

Yea..she said some procedures have changed but I didnt ask for details I was on a mission to find a LE in stock somewhere

But it doesnt hurt to try

[quote name='Shurs']My store (#3405) had plenty of Gears copies but no 12 month cards.

How are you going to have a sale on cards but not even have them in stock the morning the sale starts?

This is bullshit.

It's bad enough that service at these stores is always dicey, but if corporate can't even correctly stock items that are on sale, it shows the low standards that the company has start from the top down.

Edit: Sorry for sounding like a whiny bitch, but it's disappointing to have issues half of the time you go to Kmart.[/QUOTE]

then email josh so he can help make things better. not just this one time but also with the store. if u know how dicey these deals can be, then u should also know josh is there to help and help improve ur future purchases (at least, gaming wise)

[quote name='EducAsian']What is up with all these stock issues at K-Mart? I don't know about other K-Marts, but I have had pretty smooth experiences at my local K-Mart. However, these last few weeks has been annoying. My local K-Mart didn't have any copies of Resistance 3, God of War: Origins Collection, or Deus Ex when it was on sale last week. Today, I went in to see if they would have Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection and of course, they didn't have it in stock. What is the point of having these coupon deals if we can't even take advantage of them because they don't even carry these games on launch week?[/QUOTE]

josh explained that a new person does the game orders so that person is apparently underestimatin the sales of each game. and ico/SotC is next week... so i'd be surprised if they had it the week before launch week... plus, the coupon wouldn't have printed out for ico/sotc this week

[quote name='goku31389']Seriously???!! if you don't want them ....I'll definitely take them off your hands. PM me if anything :) thanks

When I went to penn station at like 8:30am. They ONLY had three 12 month xbox live cards. I nabbed one with a copy of gears 3 and some kid nabbed 2 copies of gears and two cards I believe.(Damn horders lol):hot:[/QUOTE]

u might not want to get ur hopes up. the coupons might not work if u havent bought the games they came from. at least, i believe thats how josh intended the coupons to work to avoid being scammed

[quote name='Joartrak']That's next week?[/QUOTE]

LOL OOPS! My bad. I totally forgot that Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection comes out next week! My fault! But my rant about Resistance 3/ God of War Origins/ Deus Ex still apply! They had no copies of those on launch week and no Deus Ex even though it was on sale. Sooooo, stock issues still apply.

[quote name='EducAsian']LOL OOPS! My bad. I totally forgot that Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection comes out next week! My fault! But my rant about Resistance 3/ God of War Origins/ Deus Ex still apply! They had no copies of those on launch week and no Deus Ex even though it was on sale. Sooooo, stock issues still apply.[/QUOTE]

/agree

Success at the Kmart in Lafayette, Indiana today getting Gears! Got the coupon and discount on XBL no problem and the game is incredible.

Josh, who should I e-mail about a SYWR problem? I got the 10x coupon last week for buying God of War Origins and just went to use it with Madden, and it said it had already been used.

[quote name='dennisb407']Umm if they dont have an item in stock before they expire or have anything that interests me then yea...I dont use the coupons...simple as that.
[/QUOTE]

So your Kmart doesn't have any other games you could use the coupons on? I'm sure you can see why so many of us are like ????? It isn't like they are only good on new releases.

I had an odd thing happen at a store recently. The electronics lady wouldn't let me use 2 coupons on one item. The manager came over and said the same thing. One coupon per item purchased. I ended up going to another store and didn't have a problem using 2 coupons on one thing. Is this a new policy or were they just making it up?

[quote name='Joartrak']That's next week?[/QUOTE]
What's weird is I went to a gamestop today and saw copies of the Team ICO collection on the store counter. I would presume they are not for sale but still...

[quote name='funco']Went to both kmarts in Manhattan today . Astor place was sold out of gears and had to go to peen station. Tried to get 12 month card but, both stores are out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Penn had no 12 Month Cards? Seriously? Saves me a trip back there than.

[quote name='orangecrush']I had an odd thing happen at a store recently. The electronics lady wouldn't let me use 2 coupons on one item. The manager came over and said the same thing. One coupon per item purchased. I ended up going to another store and didn't have a problem using 2 coupons on one thing. Is this a new policy or were they just making it up?[/QUOTE]

If they are different coupons (from different purchases, like you didn't purchase 2x copies of the same game and got the same coupon twice) then they are supposed to apply them together (as long as they don't exceed the value of the purchase)

[quote name='orangecrush']I had an odd thing happen at a store recently. The electronics lady wouldn't let me use 2 coupons on one item. The manager came over and said the same thing. One coupon per item purchased. I ended up going to another store and didn't have a problem using 2 coupons on one thing. Is this a new policy or were they just making it up?[/QUOTE]

If they read the coupon it says:

"Gaming coupons can be combined with other gaming coupons."

As stated in previous posts as long as it's not the coupon from the same game it will work.

stock seems low lately on games, I went to buy God Of War and both stores I went too only received 2 copies!

I assume when I hit the stores tomorrow NONE will have epic/limited editions.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']So your Kmart doesn't have any other games you could use the coupons on? I'm sure you can see why so many of us are like ????? It isn't like they are only good on new releases.[/QUOTE]

lol "so many of us"

ok buddy

Back on topic:

@Dzey Everyday price is $60, but this week at Kmart buy any edition of GOW3 and get the 12 month XBL for $29.99

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Josh, who should I e-mail about a SYWR problem? I got the 10x coupon last week for buying God of War Origins and just went to use it with Madden, and it said it had already been used.[/QUOTE]

WOW my god of war origin coupon was 15.00 With a start date of the 18th

The 10x points coupon was a KMart promotion for buying at a certain price threshold, not a KMart Gamer thing. What it does is let you earn ten cents to the dollar in base points earned rather than the standard single cent. So spending $25 on something after coupon discounts, for example, would earn you $2.50 in store credit rather than $0.25.

Went to store 4705 this morning and was in and out with Gears and a 12 month card in less than five minutes. Bob in electronics is usually aware of the promos/coupons and this time was no exception. Thanks Josh for another awesome deal!

Picked up Gears 3 in Annandale, VA today and got the coupon. There were no 12mo XBL cards in stock, but they did have 1600 and 4000 points cards. I probably would have gotten a 12mo XBL card if they were stocked.

Also exchanged my SotD 360 copy for a PS3 version . . . did some research and it seems the PS3 version is better in several ways, including faster load times and better graphics.

Picked up Gears 3 and a 12 month card at the Tampa, FL location.

But holy hell did the employee fight me tooth and nail on allowing multiple coupons. I had two $20 coupons from different games and it took me about 10 to 15 minutes of talking, reasoning and just outright begging for him to use them in one transaction.

He kept claiming that the dollar amount can't be the same, when I showed him the text on the front of the coupon, in large letters, showing him that the ID can't be the same and that both coupons were from two different purchases and had different IDs.

Finally he relented and offered to try it on the computer (because I wasn't budging and I assume he just wanted to move the line along) and lo and behold it worked.

Was the Splinter Cell Trilogy dropped from having an offer? I saw it disappeared from the list in the main post. I was looking forward to getting a coupon with it. Otherwise I guess I have no reservations waiting till its 20 dollars soon like the Tomb Raider one is.

I am not a retail wiz or anything but it would be nice to have things in stock. I had to go to three stores before I FINALLY found a 12 month card. What makes it worse in my opinion is that this just wasnt a Kmartgamer.com deal, the 12 month card deal was in the weekly ad too. So how many customers ended up going to Kmarts and ended up sans card?

Checked a second Kmart and they had no X12s in stock. They said they had some earlier in the day and sold out.
Luckily I was able to price match at Walmart. Not my ideal solution, but I have the headphones and that's good enough for me I guess.
Can't wait for Team ICO next week.

[quote name='Madrocsz']Probably been asked already, but what happened to kirby mass attack? Looked like a deal was coming up but not seeing anything now?[/QUOTE]

Their was an error with the weekly ad (Kmart's fault) where I believe Kirby wasn't advertised and therefore Nintendo pulled the funding that would have allowed Josh to do his thing.

I also think I remember him mentioning he would line something up in the near future.

[quote name='dennisb407']lol "so many of us"

ok buddy

Back on topic:

@Dzey Everyday price is $60, but this week at Kmart buy any edition of GOW3 and get the 12 month XBL for $29.99[/QUOTE]

Whatever, throw your money away! haha... weird. Ok buddy.

[quote name='GBAstar']Their was an error with the weekly ad (Kmart's fault) where I believe Kirby wasn't advertised and therefore Nintendo pulled the funding that would have allowed Josh to do his thing.

I also think I remember him mentioning he would line something up in the near future.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, thanks for the info, sounds good

[quote name='animalspinners']Picked up Gears 3 and a 12 month card at the Tampa, FL location.

But holy hell did the employee fight me tooth and nail on allowing multiple coupons. I had two $20 coupons from different games and it took me about 10 to 15 minutes of talking, reasoning and just outright begging for him to use them in one transaction.

.[/QUOTE]

Where's that at...on Dale Mabry?

Picked up Gears yesterday; no 12 month cards to be found, and I had a similar experience cashing out as animalspinners. Employee straight out refused to take both coupons for a good ten minutes. When the line started to get five customers deep and she realized I wasn't budging, she grudgingly gave in and scanned the second coupon. Probably would have grabbed a 12 month if it was in stock, but ah well.

[quote name='animalspinners']Picked up Gears 3 and a 12 month card at the Tampa, FL location.

He kept claiming that the dollar amount can't be the same, when I showed him the text on the front of the coupon, in large letters, showing him that the ID can't be the same and that both coupons were from two different purchases and had different IDs.

Finally he relented and offered to try it on the computer (because I wasn't budging and I assume he just wanted to move the line along) and lo and behold it worked.[/QUOTE]
Well that is a nice welcome back for you.........ugh

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Checked a second Kmart and they had no X12s in stock. They said they had some earlier in the day and sold out.
Luckily I was able to price match at Walmart. Not my ideal solution, but I have the headphones and that's good enough for me I guess.
Can't wait for Team ICO next week.[/QUOTE]
As long as you get the deal at least it gives me some satisfaction.

[quote name='joshdts']I am not a retail wiz or anything but it would be nice to have things in stock. I had to go to three stores before I FINALLY found a 12 month card. What makes it worse in my opinion is that this just wasnt a Kmartgamer.com deal, the 12 month card deal was in the weekly ad too. So how many customers ended up going to Kmarts and ended up sans card?[/QUOTE]
A lot actually looking at yesterday's sales.

But man, it's so ridiculous that I received any complaints on what are free to stock cards.

[quote name='DS9']stock seems low lately on games, I went to buy God Of War and both stores I went too only received 2 copies!

I assume when I hit the stores tomorrow NONE will have epic/limited editions.[/QUOTE]
New management is constricting weeks of supply on opening orders and my team and I have limited control over the overall qty of the buy. All I can say is that if your store is running out of product to shoot us an email and we'll show it to the inventory team to review.

[quote name='Shurs']My store (#3405) had plenty of Gears copies but no 12 month cards.

This is bullshit.

Edit: Sorry for sounding like a whiny bitch, but it's disappointing to have issues half of the time you go to Kmart.[/QUOTE]
It's actually the stores responsibility to order the cards, we have zero visibility to what the on hand counts are for POSA cards. Either way though, we are helping out everyone whose store does not have the cards. My team and I have always been able to help to ensure that the poor experience in some locations is at least curbed somewhat by our ability to provide value from [email protected]

I'm glad you guys are willing to help. I sent an email last night, I got GOW 3 and the coupon fine at my store, but they were sold out of the cards.

You know I have been trying to replace gamestop as they did something to really piss me off recently. Kmart is starting to move into slot and I will take them happily.

got my standard gears 3 and xbox live card yesterday, and I learned an important lesson...
gaming coupons must be used before any other payment.

I asked how much SYWR points I had ($0.32) and I said go ahead and use them. then I handed the coupon over and the register would not accept it. The register said that the tender had to be voided and only a manager can do that. A year and a half of shopping at Kmart and I just figure this out... my own fault.
the whole transaction had to be voided and re-keyed then everything was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back