Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dino88']I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but most Kmart employees are only there to complete their court-ordered community service.[/QUOTE]
Lol, there are some great ones though. Like Martinez91.

[quote name='Vigilante']Hey Josh, it's still a ways off, but do you have an idea yet for Deus Ex: Human Revolution's deal? You've frequently said you're crazy about that game (I'm likely paraphrasing ;)), so I'm hoping the deal will be nearly or as crazy. :D

Note that I'm not asking you to post the deal if you know it.[/QUOTE]
I am in love with this game. I will be personally offended if it sucks. We will come up with something for sure. Came up with a solid Battlefield 3 promo today with EA though! Hopefully it works out.

Thanks for the deal on Alice. I had a $20 coupon burning a hole in my pocket and was able to pick up Alice for 15 bucks. Awesome.

I asked this a few pages back and you might have looked over it, but I'll post it again for convenience's sake: will KMart have Serious Sam 3: BFE? I know it doesn't have a release date yet, but it's supposed to be Q3. I don't know if I would classify it as niche, since Serious Sam is a moderately well known franchise.

[quote name='cheesebu']Apparently they picked the super saver shipping with this one. I'm not sure why they have so much trouble getting games on the release date.[/QUOTE]
I am trying to work out actually working in a store one day a week to figure it out. I do not get it either.

[quote name='namehtmas']I asked this a few pages back and you might have looked over it, but I'll post it again for convenience's sake: will KMart have Serious Sam 3: BFE? I know it doesn't have a release date yet, but it's supposed to be Q3. I don't know if I would classify it as niche, since Serious Sam is a moderately well known franchise.[/QUOTE]
I actually have not even been presented this title yet. I'd be surprised if it came out this year.

Hi Josh, when does Kmart start the trade-in program in store? Bestbuy just started its trade -in program recently and I did more trade in there and bought more games from them. Kmart deals are great. It will be great if Kmart has the similar trade in program like BBY.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think kmart could do a reality show about you or one of your other top men going around the country working at kmart stores for a few weeks per episode, whipping them into shape, and eliminating the worthless ones.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I am not expecting K-mart employees to be able to do everything, but I do think that employees should be competent enough that if you call them asking for a game, they should be able to with 99% certainty tell you (unless it requires like 5-10 minutes of looking in the back), that they have it or not. It annoys me as a customer, because on the weekdays sure it's a simple stop in on the way home, but on the weekends, it's a 20-30 minute trip and it's one I want to be certain they have a product because I usually wont be going for anything else.[/QUOTE]
That is the very least that you should expect. Definitely not how it should be.

[quote name='foreinter']Hi Josh, when does Kmart start the trade-in program in store? Bestbuy just started it's trade -in program recently and I did more trade in there and bought more games from them. Kmart deals are great. It will be great if Kmart has the similar trade in program like BBY.[/QUOTE]
Im hoping we will have an update soon on this actually.

[quote name='jer7583']no reason to buy from best buy - plus kmart doesn't usually put new game deals in the ad to avoid price matches.[/QUOTE]

I meant buy it at kmart, then next week price adjust...

[quote name='jer7583']I think kmart could do a reality show about you or one of your other top men going around the country working at kmart stores for a few weeks per episode, whipping them into shape, and eliminating the worthless ones.[/QUOTE]
I remember a post a while back that someone was going to YouTube his experiences trying to get a new release but I never saw it.

[quote name='nietzsche74']SHC, should the version of the 1st Force Unleashed game (PS3) including the "bonus" Star Wars collectible be priced at $19.99 (the only version available, I might add), even though its in the clearance list at $14.99. I probably shouldn't complain, since I used my gaming coupon and would most likely have had to get a useless $5 DS cleaning kit to bring the price above $15. I was even afraid that the coupon might be rejected since a seperate SKU was stickered over the original. But I'm a Cheap Ass Gamer, so I'll do it anyway!

And i hardly think these "collectibles" are worth the extra $5.

The SKU is 814349011944.

And thank you for restoring the power at my local store last wednesday.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if that is one of our value assortment skus. A lot of our value titles like in the dump bin are generic item numbers that are assigned for a whole group of items in that price point.

[quote name='atc250es']I assume this will be an online trade-in program? I couldn't imagine what trading in games in store would be like.[/QUOTE]
Lol, it is instore actually. Preorders coming to. It should be pretty painless.

[quote name='martinez91']I meant buy it at kmart, then next week price adjust...[/QUOTE]

oh well that's just two trips and the store i go to is probably 10 miles away, which matters when you drive an old SUV like I do. Hand me down from my parents, but it still sucks gas.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Lol, it is instore actually. Preorders coming to. It should be pretty painless.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, Will you be determining the trade in values?

[quote name='jeebert']Picked up Alice yesterday for a friend with my $20 coupon. Once again SHC, my wallet hates you, but my heart loves you so much.[/QUOTE]
I feel the love, thx. I just got my Cheapy award in the mail as well! CAG is my home away from home.

[quote name='atc250es']Interesting, Will you be determining the trade in values?[/QUOTE]
Not at all, which sucks. It's a CE project.

[quote name='justinLEEx329']Hi Josh, any chance for another 4GB Xbox 360 + GC deal soon? Missed out on the promo the other week..[/QUOTE]
Looks like August but very hot.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not at all, which sucks. It's a CE project.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the tivs will be competitive but I'm more excited about being able to pre order games.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Josh, if Kmart starts doing preorders will that mean preorder bonuses also?[/QUOTE]
Yeppers :bouncy:

If Kmart starts doing preorders, does that mean you'll only get a coupon when you preorder and no more coupons if you buy during the first week of release?

[quote name='stripwhite']If Kmart starts doing preorders, does that mean you'll only get a coupon when you preorder and no more coupons if you buy during the first week of release?[/QUOTE]
Sharp question, good question. I am still working on that piece.

Went to use my $20 coupon on Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition today. Got the usual K-Mart experience. Had to wait for someone to show up in electronics after mentioning to customer service that no one was available in that department. No game in the case. Apparently no game in the back, either. They took my name and number to let me know when/if it arrives. Hopefully before the coupon expires. Fun.

[quote name='plank']Went to use my $20 coupon on Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition today. Got the usual K-Mart experience. Had to wait for someone to show up in electronics after mentioning to customer service that no one was available in that department. No game in the case. Apparently no game in the back, either. They took my name and number to let me know when/if it arrives. Hopefully before the coupon expires. Fun.[/QUOTE]
This will not end well bud, we did not purchase this game.

[quote name='plank']Went to use my $20 coupon on Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition today. Got the usual K-Mart experience. Had to wait for someone to show up in electronics after mentioning to customer service that no one was available in that department. No game in the case. Apparently no game in the back, either. They took my name and number to let me know when/if it arrives. Hopefully before the coupon expires. Fun.[/QUOTE]

You could have saved your time by checking this thread regularly since it had been mentioned several times that kmart wouldn't carry this tittle. It pays to keep up =D

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am in love with this game. I will be personally offended if it sucks. We will come up with something for sure. Came up with a solid Battlefield 3 promo today with EA though! Hopefully it works out.[/QUOTE]

I sure like the sound of coming up with a solid Battlefield 3 promo. Its one of the few games im looking forward to for the rest of the year.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']This will not end well bud, we did not purchase this game.[/QUOTE]

Blast.... guess I have to use my coupon on something I don't want then. That's unfortunate.

Picked up Alice today, which was clearly marked on sale (which is an improvement over some times I've been there) This isn't specifically video game related, but I would like to offer a suggestion. If there's not going to be an employee in the electronics department at all or most times, there should be a way for a customer to page someone to the department (I think Target has these you pick up a phone or press a button and it calls for assistance to that department) I suffer from gout, which was flaring up for me over the last few days (for those that don't know, gout is a form of arthritis that generally affects joints in the foot and makes it painful/uncomfortable to walk) so it's incredibly difficult for me to look around the store for someone to assist me, especially since I don't know where anyone is to begin with. I walked over to layaway which was close by, but no one was there either. Fortunately, someone was walking over towards the department when I came back over there

[quote name='ZForce']Picked up Alice today, which was clearly marked on sale (which is an improvement over some times I've been there) This isn't specifically video game related, but I would like to offer a suggestion. If there's not going to be an employee in the electronics department at all or most times, there should be a way for a customer to page someone to the department (I think Target has these you pick up a phone or press a button and it calls for assistance to that department) I suffer from gout, which was flaring up for me over the last few days (for those that don't know, gout is a form of arthritis that generally affects joints in the foot and makes it painful/uncomfortable to walk) so it's incredibly difficult for me to look around the store for someone to assist me, especially since I don't know where anyone is to begin with. I walked over to layaway which was close by, but no one was there either. Fortunately, someone was walking over towards the department when I came back over there[/QUOTE]

They actually have these things. It's like a curved thing the size of an external hard drive. But it's only in like half the kmarts around here. Really useful. Although one time I hit the button and the walkie talkie it was linked to was sitting on the counter next to the device and no one was around. doh.

All the ones around here have a big, red button at the counter that causes a prerecorded voice to interrupt the music being broadcast throughout the store with a request for an associate to come to electronics. The employee then has to hit something else on it to make it stop flashing a light.

When you walk through the doors just start sprinting to the electronics section. They'll probably wonder what the fuck is up and have someone follow you.

Hi Josh do you know if the Battlefield 3 copies will come with the exclusive maps that are usually with the limited edition first wave copies or are they only exclusive pre order maps?

Hi josh welcome back. I was just wondering if you have started replying emails of the coupon issues people have with the promotion, because I for one have been constantly checking my email hoping for a response to the emails i have sent. (dungeon siege 3 coupon issue)

[quote name='DPsycho']I believe that he said catching up fully will take him into Wednesday night.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks for the reply.

Josh I know it was asked before but don't know if it was answered...for the online pre-orders do you know yet how the shipping is going to work? How long it'll take and the cost?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am in love with this game. I will be personally offended if it sucks. We will come up with something for sure. Came up with a solid Battlefield 3 promo today with EA though! Hopefully it works out.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't worry too much about it sucking. A PC press build got leaked and most of the impressions I read were very positive. It should be a solid game, by all accounts. Fingers crossed. After this, we just need Thief 4 (or Thi4f... ugh...) to get released.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I feel the love, thx. I just got my Cheapy award in the mail as well! CAG is my home away from home.[/QUOTE]
Oh wow, there's an actual physical award? Now that I would love to see a picture of sometime. :lol:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I remember a post a while back that someone was going to YouTube his experiences trying to get a new release but I never saw it.[/QUOTE]

You should go on Undercover Boss!

[quote name='confoosious']They actually have these things. It's like a curved thing the size of an external hard drive. But it's only in like half the kmarts around here. Really useful. Although one time I hit the button and the walkie talkie it was linked to was sitting on the counter next to the device and no one was around. doh.[/QUOTE]

...lmao, well guess that employee found the loophole to that

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']My god preorders with a preorder bonus and a launch deal. Josh I can't say how much you rock.[/QUOTE]

josh i think stated he's not sure if there will be launch deals (as in coupons) or how this will work when preorders start up

[quote name='MoHGamer']You should go on Undercover Boss![/QUOTE]

... thats the name i was thinkin of! lol nice

Has anyone experienced this before? I tried using my $20 coupon from the LA Noire deal to buy a $20 psn card. The register stated that the "reward was not met" or something like that. The cashier then tried using it on Alice ps3 instead but the same issue occurred. The cashier waited to scan the coupon after he hit total, and he also scanned my sywr card before that. Did we do something wrong?

[quote name='darken']Has anyone experienced this before? I tried using my $20 coupon from the LA Noire deal to buy a $20 psn card. The register stated that the "reward was not met" or something like that. The cashier then tried using it on Alice ps3 instead but the same issue occurred. The cashier waited to scan the coupon after he hit total, and he also scanned my sywr card before that. Did we do something wrong?[/QUOTE]

someone had this issue a few pgs back, i forget if they figured it out, but sounds like u did it right... use the search the thread function to search "reward was not met" and u should find the other post

[quote name='SPVietBoy']

... thats the name i was thinkin of! lol nice[/QUOTE]

lol I always watch Undercover boss, i think its on CBS or something like that. It's always about good employees doing their job, but they should have a special edition "Undercover boss: Kmart Edition"

Where Josh goes to different locations and FIRES the employees.

[quote name='MoHGamer']lol I always watch Undercover boss, i think its on CBS or something like that. It's always about good employees doing their job, but they should have a special edition "Undercover boss: Kmart Edition"

Where Josh goes to different locations and FIRES the employees.[/QUOTE]

Josh should catch them being bad employees and apologize for wat they did, help the customer correctly, and then say, "comeon man, thats how u should do it... and now ur fired", pull off his disguise and go "ha ha!"

That's what annoys about undercover boss. Most of the time the workers are goody two shoes. I want to see some horrible employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back