Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how many stores actually still have a copy of Metro for $20. I always think I remember seeing these titles there, then I go back, lo and behold they aren't there. Then I think to myself, "Who other than me is actually picking their games up here?". Not to knock Kmart.

No dirt 3 at my local stores. I dont see a point in buying game from kmart anymore. They just don't have the I want in stock. I think I will stick to amazon from now on.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Just looked at a release date schedule. November 15th has Halo Anniversary, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Saints Row: The Third and Need for Speed: The Run. Between COD and Skyrim in the 7 days prior, and Halo and Assassin's Creed that day, I don't think Saints Row and Need for Speed stand a chance. Saints Row is a perfect summer title when nothing's otherwise coming out, so why put it against all that competition?[/QUOTE]

Saints Row The Third will most likey be the only game I'll be buying that week. I'm done buying remakes/rehashes so Halo Anniversary is out. I've grown somewhat bored of the Assassin's Creed formula so I will wait for the inevitable Ubisoft drop/sale to sub-$30 within a few months. I bought NFS: HP last year and barely played it so I highly doubt I get The Run...maybe when it hits below $30 like AC.

I do see the point though. Looks like once again this year, December is virtually devoid of game releases. Some companies could almost certainly help themselves by delaying a game or two into that month instead of cramming everything together in October and November.

Quick question (that I believe I know the answer to but just wanted to double check):

I've got a $20 gaming coupon. Can I use it on Uncharted 2 this week (which is on sale for $19.99 - less than the price of the coupon)? I'm pretty sure I can't, that whatever product I buy has to be over $20 - but like I said, I'm just double checking.

[quote name='rydawg25']Quick question (that I believe I know the answer to but just wanted to double check):

I've got a $20 gaming coupon. Can I use it on Uncharted 2 this week (which is on sale for $19.99 - less than the price of the coupon)? I'm pretty sure I can't, that whatever product I buy has to be over $20 - but like I said, I'm just double checking.[/QUOTE]

You will need to get a cheap filler to make the total over 20 dollars Rydawg

Well, now that it was finally my day off, I just finished watching all 5 major keynotes (MS, Sony, Nin, EA, Ubi) in their entirety. I have to say that Ghost Recon Future Warrior and Rayman Origins have me the most excited, they both looked absolutely *incredible*.

Biggest surprise that I *totally* want is Ruin.

Need For Speed: The Run actually looks a lot more promising than I had expected. New Tomb Raider looks great. Furious Four looks hilarious, might be my first Brothers In Arms game.

*Really* disappointed, but not at all surprised, with Microsoft having completely abandoned all development of original IPs unless they are for Kinect. Forza 4 looked pretty sweet, though; I'm hoping that maybe it will end up being the game that Gran Turismo 5 *ought* to have been. Cloud saves feature was more impressive than any game, which is sad.

Vita will be a day 1 buy; the games are shaping up to be amazing and the price is right. Original entries in the Bioshock & Uncharted series FTW.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Josh, any deal on Motorstorm Apocalypse after the 18th?[/QUOTE]
Not planned at this time, will try. Thx for the question!

[quote name='happozai']Yesterday,I found last copy Heavy Rain at Middle village,NY,but It rang up $29.99 and no infamous 2(not sold out).back home with empty hand.[/QUOTE]
I believe this is a non roto location. Heavy Rain is featured on the ad so the store would need a copy of the ad, you can print the offer off of kmart.com, and they should honor it.

[quote name='Brandon Heat']Hey Josh,

Do you know what the deal will be for Resident Evil Mercenaries? You didn't post anything on your blog on June deals and the game is still set to come out on June 28.[/QUOTE]
I am pretty sure we are going to have an offer on it but I didn't list it since we consider that week really the first week of July so I did not reveal it just yet.

[quote name='avalanche4']I'm assuming the answer is very slim to zero, but what are the chances of Killzone 3 being less than $30 or even $20, at any retailer, between now and the end of August? I was thinking of using my $20 LA Noire coupon on KZ3, but due to my back log, I most likely won't be able to play it until July or possibly August. It's either KZ3 or xbl/psn points to use with the coupon for me.[/QUOTE]
Highly unlikely to be honest. If they mark it down every day to 39.99 this fall it could happen.

[quote name='foreinter']Josh, I am surprised Sony and MS didn't announce a price cut for xbox and ps3. Do you have any inside info for a price drop?[/QUOTE]
Sony will probably be the first to drop.

[quote name='Killbomb']Saints Row The Third will most likey be the only game I'll be buying that week. I'm done buying remakes/rehashes so Halo Anniversary is out. I've grown somewhat bored of the Assassin's Creed formula so I will wait for the inevitable Ubisoft drop/sale to sub-$30 within a few months. I bought NFS: HP last year and barely played it so I highly doubt I get The Run...maybe when it hits below $30 like AC.

I do see the point though. Looks like once again this year, December is virtually devoid of game releases. Some companies could almost certainly help themselves by delaying a game or two into that month instead of cramming everything together in October and November.[/QUOTE]
Not saying you are incorrect but I can tell you that publishers and retailers hate Dec. Releases. It historically always kills a title from a sales standpoint.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not saying you are incorrect but I can tell you that publishers and retailers hate Dec. Releases. It historically always kills a title from a sales standpoint.[/QUOTE]

I always found this shocking. I'd figure with Christmas right around the corner this would be a huge month for a new game to release.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not saying you are incorrect but I can tell you that publishers and retailers hate Dec. Releases. It historically always kills a title from a sales standpoint.[/QUOTE]

It makes sense that they want to have things out before Black Friday but if a publisher has a smaller game, why put it up against the heavy hitters to get crushed? I mean, people are still Christmas shopping in December so I don't get why a release during the first two weeks of the month is so harmful. Then again, I also don't get why nothing comes out during July or August either. It's so damn hot outside that the perfect place to be is inside in the A/C playing a game. :D

Is there an example of a single great game that released and sold bad only because of the date? I won't believe it until I see it. It just doesn't make sense to me unless it's from about mid December through the New Year. Then I could see it selling like crap. The summer or early December though? I don't buy it!

And is anyone else excited for Saints Row 3? It looks ridiculously fun.

[quote name='boogie4114']Heard from a legitimate Gamestop employee that they are gonna bring out a 3DS Zelda bundle for the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you know a real Gamestop employee? We all know they get the inside information.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Is there an example of a single great game that released and sold bad only because of the date? I won't believe it until I see it. It just doesn't make sense to me unless it's from about mid December through the New Year. Then I could see it selling like crap. The summer or early December though? I don't buy it!

And is anyone else excited for Saints Row 3? It looks ridiculously fun.[/QUOTE]

Well, while I'm sure many would differ on how great it was, I think Alan Wake releasing the same day as RDR hurt it a lot.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Well, while I'm sure many would differ on how great it was, I think Alan Wake releasing the same day as RDR hurt it a lot.[/QUOTE]
Right, I liked that game a lot. that's why I bolded only the date having an impact though. If game A (such as Red Dead) releases at the same time as Game B (Alan Wake) a game like game B is going to suffer sales wise because of it, I don't doubt that for a second.

What I'm talking about though is a potentially big game like Rage or Saints Row releasing in July, a month without a single big release. While according to the publishers July may be a bad time to release games I just don't believe it. Put either of those games out on any day in July and if they are good they will sell at least as well as if they were released in Oct/Nov imo. Especially considering all the other releases in Oct/Nov, it could probably be argued that those games will sell worse because of their release dates being around the same time as pretty much everything else.

Maybe there's some stats that say otherwise but I'd sure like to see it and I guess that's when I'd actually believe it.

[quote name='joshrocker']I always found this shocking. I'd figure with Christmas right around the corner this would be a huge month for a new game to release.[/QUOTE]

I think that is actually one of the reasons a title can get buried.

Folks shopping at x-mas typically have to buy multiple presents for their kids. Having to shell out $60+ for just one item probably won't happen.
Depleting their budget/resources adds to the problem of releasing the game in December imho.

The thing I don't understand is why blockbuster game titles aren't released in the summer time when most kids are out of school. The summer release system works for big budget movies.

Kids with summer jobs and their own cash + free time for 3 months = good recipe to sell a lot of games in the summer IMHO

Hey kmartgamer fellas! I managed to get a pass for the last day of E3, so if you guys want me to check out something that you wanted to know more about follow me at @l3os4ys! I'll do my best to respond, but man it's been tough getting some sleep!

Is there any chance that the Xbox 360 250 GB hard drive is going on sale anytime soon? That sounds like a good use for the $60 gaming coupon with the 4gb systems next week. My old system RROD'd yesterday...

Here's hoping that Kmart is going to get the Ico / Shadow of Colossus release now that it has a firm street date of 9/27. Always wanted to play these games and glad to see them coming out.

I emailed Josh about this (no reply yet), but I'm gonna ask other people:

How long did it take for you to receive your gift card from a KMart misshap?

Josh said I should have gotten my LA Noire gift card within 10 days, but it's now beyond that. Is this normal?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Is there an example of a single great game that released and sold bad only because of the date? I won't believe it until I see it. It just doesn't make sense to me unless it's from about mid December through the New Year. Then I could see it selling like crap. The summer or early December though? I don't buy it!

Well Resonance of Fate was released on the same day as FF XIII and I can't say if it really hurt sales but I know any RPG up against FF XIII on the same day is a bad idea.

Anyway Saints Row 3 has a voice over from CheapyD. Just because of that the game is already awesome.

Does Enslaved count?

[quote name='Shurs']Just got back from Kmart #3405 in Minneapolis. I went there hoping to use my $20 Gaming Coupon on inFamous 2. When I saw it wasn't in the display case, I walked around the electronics section looking for an employee. I found a cart with numerous copies of Red Faction that were being priced. Once the woman working came out from the back, I asked her if she had any copies of inFamous 2. I explained that I didn't see any in the case but that it was supposed to be out today and Kmart was offering a coupon with the game. Grudgingly she went to the back to look after telling me Red Faction was all she had to put out. She came out from the back after looking for a few minutes and said they didn't have inFamous 2. She said the woman "who is in charge of these things" will be in tomorrow and I should come back and ask her.

How does this store not have inFamous 2?[/QUOTE]

What is with Kmarts in Minnesota. I called kmart #3045 in New Hope on Monday just to see if they had it early and they said it's not for sale until tomorrow. I go on Tuesday at 10am and can't find it, ask a worker there and they say "call tonight, it should be here the next day".

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']All stores but the below have signed proof of delivery of receiving Infamous 2 before the street date.

3162 - Yuba City, CA
3256 - Baltimore, MD

Everyone else has it.[/QUOTE]

I called today and they apparently still don't have it... Ridiculous service... What can I do?

December totally doesn't make sense because most people have already done their shopping and spent their budget for the holiday.

release in october and you get a good solid 3 months of holiday spending time with your game on shelves and advertised, competition or not.

what they have to figure is what percentage of the day one/week one sales from the "i buy every game" crowd that they might lose out on by releasing in a crowded oct/nov week.
And then ask if those lost sales are more than the sales they'll get from the casual buyer who's in the store looking for gifts over the next 2-3 months.

Last edited:
Yeah I can see late December being a very bad time..

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Does Enslaved count?[/QUOTE]
No that game never had a chance of selling very well regardless of when it released. I'm basically looking for the reason why they think a good game wouldn't sell in July. Maybe the problem is they just figure a good game may sell ok in July, but would sell even better in November so it's just less risky.

That still doesn't explain why July specifically has no big releases though. There's some decent games in June (Infamous, Dungeon Siege, Shadows) So is there data that shows games dont sell in July or is it just a preconception?

Maybe they figure most people will be outdoors, vacations, trips, camp, out with friends and won't get a fair look from the casual crowd.

[quote name='spike26']What is with Kmarts in Minnesota. I called kmart #3045 in New Hope on Monday just to see if they had it early and they said it's not for sale until tomorrow. I go on Tuesday at 10am and can't find it, ask a worker there and they say "call tonight, it should be here the next day".

I called today and they apparently still don't have it... Ridiculous service... What can I do?[/QUOTE]

I've had serious problems with the New Hope store not having new releases out and claiming they don't have them. I even had one employee tell me they don't get new releases in until a couple weeks after release. Of course, that's absolutely false. I've e-mailed Josh and he indicated they would work on the issues, but apparently it hasn't worked yet!

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Maybe they figure most people will be outdoors, vacations, trips, camp, out with friends and won't get a fair look from the casual crowd.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'm sure thats it, just wondering if it's fact or if they just think that.

[quote name='The_ZZ']Twisted Metal released 10-5. Someone update this please. (when I try it says a mod has to accept it or whatever)[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Official US release is 10-4, so I edited that in.

[quote name='kart007k']Josh, Do you think Infamous will hit $39.99 for the week of June 19-25th?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this too. I have a coupon expiring 7/2 and the only game I want for a while is Infamous 2 so I wanted to get off the coupon train. I suspect since this is a Sony first party title it will be priced protected for 45 or 90 days or whatever Sony usually does so we will be out of luck.

[quote name='kart007k']Josh, Do you think Infamous will hit $39.99 for the week of June 19-25th?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Deleeter']I was wondering this too. I have a coupon expiring 7/2 and the only game I want for a while is Infamous 2 so I wanted to get off the coupon train. I suspect since this is a Sony first party title it will be priced protected for 45 or 90 days or whatever Sony usually does so we will be out of luck.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful, the coupon offer got it that price on release date an actual price drop is unlikely. Especially with other $20 coupons available, it'd essentially be offering it for 19.99 within three weeks of release. NCAA '12 or Duke Nukem for coupons.

With regard to timing releases with kids out of school, I could see where word of mouth would be relatively silent during those months. Someone anticipating a game or raving about the one just acquired is often all it takes for everyone to desire it. I recall some time ago when my students were inexplicably all about Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. (Yeah.) One person's interest probably turned into four or five sales. Had school not been in session when the first became enamored with it, there wouldn't have been this wave.

I'm not saying this is the definite reason, but it is something I've observed and a possible consideration.

It definitely will not, it is MAP'd through August.

[quote name='spike26']What is with Kmarts in Minnesota. I called kmart #3045 in New Hope on Monday just to see if they had it early and they said it's not for sale until tomorrow. I go on Tuesday at 10am and can't find it, ask a worker there and they say "call tonight, it should be here the next day".

I called today and they apparently still don't have it... Ridiculous service... What can I do?[/QUOTE]
If you email me with the experience, I will get back to you by Friday night and take care of you. As others will tell you, I'll make good.

Not having a new release on the floor is unacceptable and I make sure it does not stand in the way of future relationships as much as possible.

[quote name='nnthomas']I emailed Josh about this (no reply yet), but I'm gonna ask other people:

How long did it take for you to receive your gift card from a KMart misshap?

Josh said I should have gotten my LA Noire gift card within 10 days, but it's now beyond that. Is this normal?[/QUOTE]
That is longer than expected, it is ten business days max. Most people have emailed me back that they have received it.

I will get back to everyone by Friday night! Thank you so much for your patience.

Josh, I wanted to ask you if there is any Dirt 3 available in Las vegas area. I called three local store and they did not know what I was talking about. One store cleark said that they have Dirt Devil vaccum cleaner. Can you check?

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Josh, is Motorstorm Apocalypse getting a price drop anytime soon after the 18th?[/QUOTE]

Ok, now this is getting annoying. Have you tried pm'ing or email? It's just last your last 3 IDENTICAL posts asked the same thing. You're just cluttering up the thread... oh dang it....

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Josh, is Motorstorm Apocalypse getting a price drop anytime soon after the 18th?[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ dude, is this really worth the $20 you would save if he had a deal? How many times are you going to repost this?

[quote name='DPsycho']With regard to timing releases with kids out of school, I could see where word of mouth would be relatively silent during those months. Someone anticipating a game or raving about the one just acquired is often all it takes for everyone to desire it. I recall some time ago when my students were inexplicably all about Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. (Yeah.) One person's interest probably turned into four or five sales. Had school not been in session when the first became enamored with it, there wouldn't have been this wave.

I'm not saying this is the definite reason, but it is something I've observed and a possible consideration.[/QUOTE]

I can see that for a title aimed at kids but having all the more adult-aimed games crammed together makes a lot less sense to me. I'd imagine more people buy these games for themselves as opposed to receiving them as gifts or by begging their parents. Like Justyouraveragejoe posted, Saints Row would have probably benefited greatly from being released in the doldrums of summer instead of going head to head with MW3, Skyrim, AC, etc.

Not only do you keep asking the same damn question, you completely missed that HE ALREADY ANSWERED IT FOR YOU

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not planned at this time, will try. Thx for the question![/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back