Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
guys do you think motorstorm will be $20 by the time the next full moon happens thx.

no problems with infamous 2 here. finished the first and liked it enough to get the second for $10 after coupons/giftcard. thanks kmart!

i am hoping for a quick drop on duke nukem. that game is like a car wreck, you know it is going to be horrible but you cant help but want to look.. ;)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']That is longer than expected, it is ten business days max. Most people have emailed me back that they have received it.

I will get back to everyone by Friday night! Thank you so much for your patience.[/QUOTE]

Josh does this time frame apply to folks who bought Hunted on release day and didnt get coupon?

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Josh, is Motorstorm Apocalypse getting a price drop anytime soon after the 18th?[/QUOTE]

If you're going to repeatedly ask the same question, you should probably check for replies. Or are you expecting a personal phone call from Josh with the answer?

[quote name='jer7583']guys do you think motorstorm will be $20 by the time the next full moon happens thx.

no problems with infamous 2 here. finished the first and liked it enough to get the second for $10 after coupons/giftcard. thanks kmart!

i am hoping for a quick drop on duke nukem. that game is like a car wreck, you know it is going to be horrible but you cant help but want to look.. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, any word on a Duke sale in the future?

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Josh, is Motorstorm Apocalypse getting a price drop anytime soon after the 18th?[/QUOTE]
Hello, I believe I already answered this question previously. Thanks for asking though.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yeah, any word on a Duke sale in the future?[/QUOTE]
Depends on how well it does at launch.

[quote name='kennedykougar']Josh does this time frame apply to folks who bought Hunted on release day and didnt get coupon?[/QUOTE]
That is correct, yes. I am basically going to block off my calendar tomorrow night and work till it gets done. Today was my first official day back in the office.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Depends on how well it does at launch.[/QUOTE]

Given it's demo's reception I suspect retailers will be discounting it relatively quick. I considered buying it on Amazon with it's promo credit just to double dip when it is marked down fast(im thinking 39.99 QUICK). It appears anything delayed this much just bombs on release. F3AR is one game I know will get marked down fast as it's fairly niche. 39.99 second week wouldn't surprise me.

[quote name='kart007k']Josh, I wanted to ask you if there is any Dirt 3 available in Las vegas area. I called three local store and they did not know what I was talking about. One store cleark said that they have Dirt Devil vaccum cleaner. Can you check?[/QUOTE]
By chance did you provide the UPC? You shouldn't have to do this but I have heard that it has helped others. A good website to reference for UPC's is buy.com

The Dirt 3 UPC for 360 is 767649403462

Uh Josh

I got a giftcard in the mail today and I have no idea why. I just scoured my emails with you and do not see it mentioned. Someone update me on what $10 offers there were? Did a game have one I forgot I emailed him over? I'm puzzled now.

Josh, did Gearbox give you a chance to play the retail version (i.e. not the demo) of Duke Nukem Forever at any point in time? In the past, you've occasionally commented on the quality of a game that's yet-to-be-released (unfortunately, I can't think of any examples right now).

I actually liked the demo, so I'm definitely interested in DNF, especially since I haven't ever played a Duke game and I love the humor.

Hey Josh,

BB seems to have put a pretty impressive incentive at E3 w/ the news of pre-ordering 5 games and getting $100 RZ cert.(no word on it compounding w/ other promos or even if there will be other promos)

I know Kmart is doing an overhaul with the gaming dept. but are you guys setting up something to rival that as well?

[quote name='dino88']If you're going to repeatedly ask the same question, you should probably check for replies. Or are you expecting a personal phone call from Josh with the answer?[/QUOTE]

LOL, I was wondering if he had been asking the same question repeatedly myself.

i asked before but didn't get a reply, is kmart going to stock harry potter and the deathly hallows pt 2 for ps3/360?

also can you use coupons now to buy xbox live gold or points/psn cards? i know you used to be able to do that but then they stopped it...but somebody mentioned it in a question to josh (on the side) and he didn't say anything against it so i'm wondering if it's back

[quote name='cscream1']i asked before but didn't get a reply, is kmart going to stock harry potter and the deathly hallows pt 2 for ps3/360?

also can you use coupons now to buy xbox live gold or points/psn cards? i know you used to be able to do that but then they stopped it...but somebody mentioned it in a question to josh (on the side) and he didn't say anything against it so i'm wondering if it's back[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if you ever couldnt do that. But yes you can use coupons on those items. Just remember the cost of whatever you want has to be at least the amount of the coupon.

GodOfUncharted: Dost thou love me?
Josh: No.
GodOfUncharted: But thou must! Dost thou love me?
Entire Thread: No.
GodOfUncharted: But thou must! Dost thou love me?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']That is correct, yes. I am basically going to block off my calendar tomorrow night and work till it gets done. Today was my first official day back in the office.[/QUOTE]

OMG dont wear yourself out >.< we need u for the long haul!!! easy and steady does it!

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh,

BB seems to have put a pretty impressive incentive at E3 w/ the news of pre-ordering 5 games and getting $100 RZ cert.(no word on it compounding w/ other promos or even if there will be other promos)

I know Kmart is doing an overhaul with the gaming dept. but are you guys setting up something to rival that as well?[/QUOTE]

Iono Kmart offers have been way more competitive than BB. I cant think of a single release in the least 3-6 months when i thought "oh BB has a better offer" with that said I'd love to see exclusive content come to k-mart on release day :D apeace the completitionist's soul

[quote name='kennedykougar']Iono Kmart offers have been way more competitive than BB. I cant think of a single release in the least 3-6 months when i thought "oh BB has a better offer" with that said I'd love to see exclusive content come to k-mart on release day :D apeace the completitionist's soul[/QUOTE]

uhm yeah, I know Kmart has crushed competitors deals....I'm talking about the future, so what was the point of your post? Not trying to be mean, just wondering if I missed something.

[quote name='aznhero913']uhm yeah, I know Kmart has crushed competitors deals....I'm talking about the future, so what was the point of your post? Not trying to be mean, just wondering if I missed something.[/QUOTE]
No, I missed it too. kennedykougar, please explain yourself, as I myself am also a regular Kmart shopper (thanks to a certain individual who has opened my eyes to how Awesome with a capital A the deals at Kmart have been lately. ;) )
I also pray that a vast, much needed, and well deserved improvement to Kmart's gaming section is in the works.

Josh, here is a penny. Your thoughts, please? :)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Is there an example of a single great game that released and sold bad only because of the date?[/QUOTE]

You are asking an unquantifiable question. How would anyone know if it was only because of the date? That said, you'd have to be a fool to think that a bad date can't have negative effects upon sales, and conversely that a good date couldn't maximize sales.

[quote name='bickle']You are asking an unquantifiable question. How would anyone know if it was only because of the date? That said, you'd have to be a fool to think that a bad date can't have negative effects upon sales, and conversely that a good date couldn't maximize sales.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, but what we're looking for is evidence that July, August, and December are, in fact bad times to release a game. There are plenty of examples of games falling to the wayside due to releasing along another title, and everyone can agree that that affects sales, but when has a game apparently undersold primarily because it came out during the summer?

It's been stated as industry wisdom, but where are the data?

When I mentioned word-of-mouth and school being out of session, I did specify games geared toward children, but it's possible that there's an amount of superstition attached that is rooted in the dawn of the industry when console games were, for the most part, seen as a child's pastime. This may stem from something that's simply no longer applicable in this day and age.

[quote name='aznhero913']uhm yeah, I know Kmart has crushed competitors deals....I'm talking about the future, so what was the point of your post? Not trying to be mean, just wondering if I missed something.[/QUOTE]

my point is the BB deal is there to fill in a void (and area of improvement/expantion) at BB, Kmart on the other hand has a system in place. Dont see a BB like deal heading this way as there's no void to be filled. I did point out Kmarts AOI, the lack of exclusive content other retailers are getting.

Any chance Shadows of the Damned going on sale soon after the release date? I'm going to pick it up anyway (hopefully the same week as a discounted Alice: Madness Returns), but just want to be aware of my options.
Nothing is coming out for a while after the 21st so I don't really see the point of getting a $15 gaming coupon unless there is something I really want to buy. Maybe Duke Nukem since I can't imagine paying full price for it no matter how "great" it looks.

[quote name='kennedykougar']Iono Kmart offers have been way more competitive than BB. I cant think of a single release in the least 3-6 months when i thought "oh BB has a better offer" with that said I'd love to see exclusive content come to k-mart on release day :D apeace the completitionist's soul[/QUOTE]

[quote name='qwikshake']No, I missed it too. kennedykougar, please explain yourself, as I myself am also a regular Kmart shopper (thanks to a certain individual who has opened my eyes to how Awesome with a capital A the deals at Kmart have been lately. ;) )
I also pray that a vast, much needed, and well deserved improvement to Kmart's gaming section is in the works.

Josh, here is a penny. Your thoughts, please? :)[/QUOTE]

Despite the horrific grammar and spelling, I think I can venture a guess.

I think he means he wants Kmart to get exclusive DLC like BB or Amazon does. Or perhaps fluffy chotchkes like GS.

Alice deal is a $15 gaming coupon, check first page of thread for all game deals.

Sidenote: Has anyone had a chance to try out the new Red Faction? Worth $39 bones?

[quote name='Jav0r']So what is the offer for Alice: Madness Returns ?[/QUOTE]

Besides the launch day offer of $15 coupon, jjosh said it'll have a discount the same as portal 2 within the same time frame, so 2 weeks after (i believe) it should be $35 (... i believe XD)

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake']Alice deal is a $15 gaming coupon, check first page of thread for all game deals.

Sidenote: Has anyone had a chance to try out the new Red Faction? Worth $39 bones?[/QUOTE]

No. I played it a bit at a friends it's hardly worth $40. Maybe at 19.99, but to me it was a terrible shooter. It was "like" various shooters but only enough to notice the similarity but not any good content of it's own. I hate to do it but I'll [quote name='Game Informer'] If you're looking for a memorable Red Faction experience, you're better off playing Guerrilla again.[/quote]

What exactly is the "store pickup" on kmart.com? Does that have a game shipped to the location, or is it just telling which stores have the game in stock?

[quote name='splintercell']Any news on whether the Kinect Wipeout listing is missing a coupon offer, or if it's just a release date announcement?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I saw that TRU will have it for $34.99 launch.

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh,

I know Kmart is doing an overhaul with the gaming dept. but are you guys setting up something to rival that as well?[/QUOTE]
Pre order with coupon functionality is due in Aug., so no, we will not have a pre order counter. We will however have launch offers that are very competitive and do not force you to buy 5 games at one time.

[quote name='splintercell']Any news on whether the Kinect Wipeout listing is missing a coupon offer, or if it's just a release date announcement?[/QUOTE]
Nothing is currently planned for that title at launch. Thanks.

[quote name='warmsignal']What exactly is the "store pickup" on kmart.com? Does that have a game shipped to the location, or is it just telling which stores have the game in stock?[/QUOTE]

Never used the option but I believe it means you can order online and go into the store for pickup. Kinda like what Bestbuy let's you do.

I've only used it as an inventory tracker. Although finding the item instore can be it's own adventure

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Pre order with coupon functionality is due in Aug., so no, we will not have a pre order counter. We will however have launch offers that are very competitive and do not force you to buy 5 games at one time.[/QUOTE]

So do you pre order online and pick up in store? Or do you pre order online and have it shipped?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']By chance did you provide the UPC? You shouldn't have to do this but I have heard that it has helped others. A good website to reference for UPC's is buy.com

The Dirt 3 UPC for 360 is 767649403462[/QUOTE]

Actually its the PS3 version. Thanx in advance.

UPC: 767649403424
UPC 14: 00767649403424

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Pre order with coupon functionality is due in Aug., so no, we will not have a pre order counter. We will however have launch offers that are very competitive and do not force you to buy 5 games at one time.[/QUOTE]
This could work great in theory. I preorder at least 50% of the time and like to pay or at least budget for my games in advance so I don't need to worry about it by the time the game actually releases.

Any more details on how exactly it'll work? Like someone else asked, is it pick up in store or delivered? Will the coupons be online only or usable in store as well? Will you get the coupons immediately like Walmart.com does (you pay for and receive the egift card immediately and pay the remaining amount for the game when it ships) or is it more like Amazon where you don't get the coupon or pay anything until it ships?

Edit: And why the hell does Skyrim still have it's 11/11/11 release date. That's a Friday..

[quote name='ShockandAww']Edit: And why the hell does Skyrim still have it's 11/11/11 release date. That's a Friday..[/QUOTE]

That's the date. They're doing it for the uniqueness of it to stick in everyone's mind. Friday releases are pretty common actually especially with big DVDs.

[quote name='chriscolbert']That's the date. They're doing it for the uniqueness of it to stick in everyone's mind. Friday releases are pretty common actually especially with big DVDs.[/QUOTE]
Oh wow I had no idea. That's awesome. Tuesdays are dumb anyway.

[quote name='kart007k']Actually its the PS3 version. Thanx in advance.

UPC: 767649403424
UPC 14: 00767649403424[/QUOTE]
I think he was giving you the UPC so you could call the store back and give them the specific UPC code for them to do a stock check on it. It's quicker than emailing Stock Boy and waiting for him to get back to you, but that's also an option too.

[quote name='GodOfMotorstorm']My bad on the Motorstorm stuff guys. I have been looking for the answer, but somehow I missed it. I apologize guys. I know how annoying that can be.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if this will help, but Fry's is selling Motorstorm: Apocalypse for $35 next week.

I always hesitate to post things like this just because I do not want Josh to think I am trying to hurt his sales but I do not want people getting stuck with crap games. I know Duke Nukem: Forever was never going to live up to expectations but the early overseas reviews are not good. It currently has a 57 on 6 review for Metacritic. Maybe US reviewers will be kinder due to Duke's unique brand of humor but a lot of the criticism is more of the load times (45-60 seconds after just 30 sec of gameplay), shooting mechanics, and level design variety. I might just wait on the soon to be price drop for this one. :(

Edit: I will say the PC version seems to be doing much better (76 from 4 reviewers) so you may want to keep an eye on that.

I don't care in the slightest about review scores from foreign gaming sites I've never heard of. The only 3 sites I recognize by name are reviewing the PC version, and all 3 gave it an 8/10. Actually, I don't care about the actual scores from anywhere; I like to read the detailed full text of reviews and get their thoughts on the various aspects of the game, and then I make my own decision. Of course, if a game has a demo, I base 90% of my decision on that, regardless of the reviews. And I give the Duke demo a big thumbs-up, knowing from the trailers that there's a whole lot more variety in the game than just what's in the demo, which is obviously only the very beginning of the full game. Still, I'm not gonna buy it release week just because I'm really craving an RPG right now...

I'll be spending my LA Noire coupon on Alice's second offer. Actually, looking down the list of upcoming game offers in the OP, Splinter Cell Trilogy is probably the only other game this year that will be a good enough offer that I can actually buy it at release. Here's hoping Josh can negotiate some awesome "it's been out awhile" discounts later in the year ;)

[quote name='cancerman1120']I always hesitate to post things like this just because I do not want Josh to think I am trying to hurt his sales but I do not want people getting stuck with crap games. I know Duke Nukem: Forever was never going to live up to expectations but the early overseas reviews are not good. It currently has a 57 on 6 review for Metacritic. Maybe US reviewers will be kinder due to Duke's unique brand of humor but a lot of the criticism is more of the load times (45-60 seconds after just 30 sec of gameplay), shooting mechanics, and level design variety. I might just wait on the soon to be price drop for this one. :(

Edit: I will say the PC version seems to be doing much better (76 from 4 reviewers) so you may want to keep an eye on that.[/QUOTE]
If people dont already realize Duke Nukem is going to be trashed by critics there's no helping them with it. Some people want it anyway though just because it's Duke or they dont care what reviewers say. To each their own. I could see having some stupid fun with it for a day but I certainly dont have the money to go blow on something like that. I'll wait for it to hit about $15 and then probably still wont buy it.

IGN had an unsurprising written preview of it up earlier.

Awesome!!

Really looking forward to this fall.

Best thing is, my b-day is 9/13, one week before the onslaught of spectacular games.
LOL, only gonna be putting Kmart/Sears gift cards on my wish list.

Thanks Josh!

BTW, is Kmart gonna get M.E.3 C.E?
I know you guys get low amount of C.E in the first place but considering that the price of this one is only $79.99 any chance of increased inventory of the item if Kmart is in fact getting it?

Awesome, will there be a way to preorder collectors editions of games too? One thing is if there is a collectors edition I really want, I would love to grab it at k-mart but there are no stores near me that get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back