Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Awesome, will there be a way to preorder collectors editions of games too? One thing is if there is a collectors edition I really want, I would love to grab it at k-mart but there are no stores near me that get them.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it sure will allow more CE business. I should clarify that this project refers to the new Kmartgamer.com.

I am not abandoning the stores by any stretch of imagination but I can say that a lot of our activity will shift to the site.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes, it sure will allow more CE business. I should clarify that this project refers to the new Kmartgamer.com.

I am not abandoning the stores by any stretch of imagination but I can say that a lot of our activity will shift to the site.[/QUOTE]

Can the online pre orders be shipped to stores or only to your door?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes, it sure will allow more CE business. I should clarify that this project refers to the new Kmartgamer.com.

I am not abandoning the stores by any stretch of imagination but I can say that a lot of our activity will shift to the site.[/QUOTE]
Fantastic. Makes it even easier now to buy games. Nothing against K-mart but some employees :roll:

Is there anyone who could confirm that Alice will be on sale 2 weeks after its released for $35. If so I'll pass on the release deal and go for that just so I can find a use for all the coupons I'll already be gettnf that week before they expire. Thanks!

[quote name='cancerman1120']I always hesitate to post things like this just because I do not want Josh to think I am trying to hurt his sales but I do not want people getting stuck with crap games. I know Duke Nukem: Forever was never going to live up to expectations but the early overseas reviews are not good. It currently has a 57 on 6 review for Metacritic. Maybe US reviewers will be kinder due to Duke's unique brand of humor but a lot of the criticism is more of the load times (45-60 seconds after just 30 sec of gameplay), shooting mechanics, and level design variety. I might just wait on the soon to be price drop for this one. :(

Edit: I will say the PC version seems to be doing much better (76 from 4 reviewers) so you may want to keep an eye on that.[/QUOTE]

I saw this bomb coming since before the hype began. People will not appreciate this kind of game in this day and age, and there's just so much hype surrounding it that it could never survive the scrutiny of critics. By the way, fuck critics. I don't know who they assume to speak for, but I almost always enjoy games that they trash.

I don't understand how people say "fuck critics" and get upset over some writer's opinion. It's their opinion, duders. What else can they give you but their honest opinion? It's okay to disagree with it because it's, you know, opinion, and not an encyclopedia entry about the game.

[quote name='starshipvelcro']Is there anyone who could confirm that Alice will be on sale 2 weeks after its released for $35. If so I'll pass on the release deal and go for that just so I can find a use for all the coupons I'll already be gettnf that week before they expire. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Pass on the release deal, there is a post release offer worth waiting for.

[quote name='atc250es']Can the online pre orders be shipped to stores or only to your door?[/QUOTE]
Most likely only to door initially, with, to store, to follow.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Pass on the release deal[/QUOTE]
Sorry Josh, but is this you confirming that there will be some sort of "sale" on Alice?

If you cannot comment further I'm sure we will understand.

Sorry if this has been asked, but no gaming coupon on Eden for PS3?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Most likely only to door initially, with, to store, to follow.[/QUOTE]
I know we will hear more soon, but I hope this will include release day delivery. :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Most likely only to door initially, with, to store, to follow.[/QUOTE]
Outside of cost, what reason would people have to ship-to-store?

[quote name='jer7583']I don't understand how people say "fuck critics" and get upset over some writer's opinion. It's their opinion, duders. What else can they give you but their honest opinion? It's okay to disagree with it because it's, you know, opinion, and not an encyclopedia entry about the game.[/QUOTE]

Because they're very damning for games these days and their opinion has 10X the impact on others as the average guys does. Everyone I know who plays games either passes or picks up tittles depending on critics reviews. It's obvious that a lot of people here do too.

Who exactly is Duke Nukem Forever marketed to? If you consider that the last console release was in 2000 (Land of the Babes) for the Playstation One, I can see a lot of the people that played the original Duke Nukem may have "grown out" of that type of humor.
Consider that the earliest someone would be "exposed" to Duke Nukem on the PSOne would be 9 years old (a little early, but you know as a kid you wanted to play all of the "adult games"), that person would not be at least 20 years old. Also factor in how many people on a regular basis go back and play the PSOne, not many people of this current gaming generation would know much about Duke other than the current marketing campaign.
The only reason people would buy the game would either be 1) nostalgia, and 2)shock value.
I may still buy it once the price is reduced considerably, and I may laugh at some of the jokes, but I can't see myself enjoying this game as much as I would have at the age of twelve (if the game had been released when it was first announced in 1997.)

[quote name='jer7583']I don't understand how people say "fuck critics" and get upset over some writer's opinion. It's their opinion, duders. What else can they give you but their honest opinion? It's okay to disagree with it because it's, you know, opinion, and not an encyclopedia entry about the game.[/QUOTE]

Because sadly Metacritic has become the default barometer for publishers to decide if their game was a "hit".

[quote name='EndersGamer']Who exactly is Duke Nukem Forever marketed to? If you consider that the last console release was in 2000 (Land of the Babes) for the Playstation One, I can see a lot of the people that played the original Duke Nukem may have "grown out" of that type of humor.
Consider that the earliest someone would be "exposed" to Duke Nukem on the PSOne would be 9 years old (a little early, but you know as a kid you wanted to play all of the "adult games"), that person would not be at least 20 years old. Also factor in how many people on a regular basis go back and play the PSOne, not many people of this current gaming generation would know much about Duke other than the current marketing campaign.
The only reason people would buy the game would either be 1) nostalgia, and 2)shock value.
I may still buy it once the price is reduced considerably, and I may laugh at some of the jokes, but I can't see myself enjoying this game as much as I would have at the age of twelve (if the game had been released when it was first announced in 1997.)[/QUOTE]

Same here. I got into the game way back when with 3D. I loved the game at the time because it was different from other shooters, had interactive environments that somewhat represent something realistic (every other shoot at the time was very sci-fi based) and to some extent, had an "adult" appeal.

However I don't think I'd be able to handle the "humor" of the new game for very long at all. Not after some of what I've heard in the trailer, of course they're making it into an even more immature and vulgar experience than it ever originally was. An immature FPS has become just about the last thing I'm interested in these days.

[quote name='sadboy']Outside of cost, what reason would people have to ship-to-store?[/QUOTE]

For me the reason is I could get it the day it came out but if kmart did 99 cent rdd like amazon that would be even better.

I would honestly love a store pick up option if there isn't a release day delivery option.

I think most games I can wait nearly a week after release for my delivery but this fall's line up is a must have on release day. I

[quote name='z-money']I know we will hear more soon, but I hope this will include release day delivery. :)[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. Amazon gets away with that as they ship so much and can absorb the costs. Because RDD is actually "overnighted" and generally costs more than the 99 cents non prime members pay for it (or free for Prime). Most businesses can't absorb that...even Wal-Mart charges $5-10 for overnight shipping on pre-ordered games.

[quote name='sadboy']Outside of cost, what reason would people have to ship-to-store?[/QUOTE]

Unless Kmart does release date delivery, I'm sure there will be people that want to play his or her game immediately.

That and I remember some CAG receiving a package from Kmart that used really shitty packing methods. I hope it's been improved since then.

If it's a collectors edition or steelbook of a game, I could see someone wanting to ship it to store. My post office is very bad at packages and in cases like this, it might be more of an advantage to get it shipped. This way if there is any problems/damages your right there to return items.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Because sadly Metacritic has become the default barometer for publishers to decide if their game was a "hit".[/QUOTE]

Which isn't as bad as it sounds. Most companies that offer "genuine" reviews are on Metacritic although obviously Xbox magazines and PS magazines will have reviews increased for ports on their consoles. I don't see as many flaws with MC as I do Rotten Tomatoes but that's personal opinion. Sure, it's limited due to the amount of reviews that can lower or increase score arbitrarily.

It is okay as a basis of game quality to the mass market, sure.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Unless Kmart does release date delivery, I'm sure there will be people that want to play his or her game immediately.
[/QUOTE]

This is why I prefer it. Plus my UPS guy shows up at like 7pm some nights... rather get it at 8am even if i can get release day.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Because sadly Metacritic has become the default barometer for publishers to decide if their game was a "hit".[/QUOTE]

so you're saying that a game that has a 37 metacritic average but sells 10 million won't see a sequel?

Or a game that gets a 97 metacritic average but only sells 400,000 is guaranteed to get a sequel?

Metacritic is largely worthless in the face of sales figures. That's what publishers care about most.

Your point also has nothing to do with what I said about writers having opinions. Trying to say that someone's opinion on a peice of entertainment media is wrong is just plain foolish.

Reviewers standards being too high is not a problem.

So pissed. Drove all the way to my Kmart only to find they had EVERY new game but infamous 2. They always have every new game when I go. Upset, need to find a good deal on it somewhere else apparently, as I'm going to miss this $20 coupon deal.

Salty customer.

[quote name='jer7583']
Reviewers standards being too high is not a problem.[/QUOTE]

True. It's more of the opposite really, at least at a lot of major outlets. "7 syndrome" makes even metacritic unreliable anymore.

[quote name='jaredstorm']So pissed. Drove all the way to my Kmart only to find they had EVERY new game but infamous 2. They always have every new game when I go. Upset, need to find a good deal on it somewhere else apparently, as I'm going to miss this $20 coupon deal.

Salty customer.[/QUOTE]
If your store is out of stock, feel free to buy it online and send me the order confirmation and I'll process the offer for you.

Thanks!

[quote name='warmsignal']Because they're very damning for games these days and their opinion has 10X the impact on others as the average guys does. Everyone I know who plays games either passes or picks up tittles depending on critics reviews. It's obvious that a lot of people here do too.[/QUOTE]
They're not damning enough, if anything. Games, especially the big blockbuster, super-hyped games, get away with far more than others do. It really gets my goat that at one minute the gaming community bristles at the very idea that games are not art, but the very next, does not seriously critique any of the points of a game that contribute to its artistic merits. We want to have our cake and eat it too, by being taken seriously as an art form while in the same breath dismissing criticism of games' plot, storytelling, pacing, direction, characterization, etc. since "they're just games, they only have to be fun."

EDIT: Ninja'd!

[quote name='fujimitsu'][quote name='jer7583']Reviewers standards being too high is not a problem.[/QUOTE]
True. It's more of the opposite really, at least at a lot of major outlets. "7 syndrome" makes even metacritic unreliable anymore.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, as I believe that standards are too low, and the scale has been so horrifically skewed that scores are almost meaningless. I'm not entirely sure when 7 or less became the "this game sucks" kiss of death. It seems like every game that's ok, good, or great is in the 7 through 9 range.

The big reason would be waiting for shipping. You could get it on release day whenever you wanted to get it. I know for me UPS doesn't arrive at my house until 4:00-7:00 and usually closer to 7:00. It's very annoying sitting at home waiting to play my new game because it's sitting on someones truck.

The other huge reason is cost (which I know you said besides cost). Release date delivery is the big elephant in the online shipping world. Amazon is able to offer it on select titles but very few other retailers can pull it off (without charging a huge shipping cost).

My Kmart didn't have any inFamous 2s in stock.. which is unusual because they're usually over stocked. :( Do you guys think they'll stock by tomorrow? I want to take advantage of this deal

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to my local Kmart on Tuesday at around 5 PM and they didn't have Infamous 2, or Heavy Rain/Uncharted 2/God of War III. I was really surprised by that because they generally are good about getting their new releases out.

[quote name='fujimitsu']This is why I prefer it. Plus my UPS guy shows up at like 7pm some nights... rather get it at 8am even if i can get release day.[/QUOTE]

See, this shocks me. I've requested being able to choose my shipping carrier and Amazon shut it down. My FedEX guy delivers BEFORE 8am normally, so a almost 12 hour difference which is huge if that's the only day I have off near release. 12 hours of doing nothing versus playing? HUGE. It's made for a significant drop off on my Amazon pre-orders when I can price-match any B*M retailers offer in my local Wal-mart two minutes away from my house. Infamous 2's week only day I had off was Tuesday...

They really need to change that...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']If your store is out of stock, feel free to buy it online and send me the order confirmation and I'll process the offer for you.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Oh Josh, you are my hero! I'll order here in a bit and e-mail you.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']If your store is out of stock, feel free to buy it online and send me the order confirmation and I'll process the offer for you.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

What about if we buy it when it's in stock? My store is out of stock and I can't order anything online.

[quote name='The_ZZ']What about if we buy it when it's in stock? My store is out of stock and I can't order anything online.[/QUOTE]

Use a virtual credit card? Load a sears giftcard to buy online? Cummon people, quit making Josh do all the work. You CAN help facilitate the process.

[quote name='caponesgun']Use a virtual credit card? Load a sears giftcard to buy online? Cummon people, quit making Josh do all the work. You CAN help facilitate the process.[/QUOTE]

I don't have that stuff? If I could I would.

[quote name='confoosious']You can't go to kmart/sears and buy a sears gift card with cash?[/QUOTE]
He doesn't have a car.

[quote name='jer7583']so you're saying that a game that has a 37 metacritic average but sells 10 million won't see a sequel?

Or a game that gets a 97 metacritic average but only sells 400,000 is guaranteed to get a sequel?

Metacritic is largely worthless in the face of sales figures. That's what publishers care about most.

Your point also has nothing to do with what I said about writers having opinions. Trying to say that someone's opinion on a peice of entertainment media is wrong is just plain foolish.

Reviewers standards being too high is not a problem.[/QUOTE]

Can you provide an example of either of your scenarios? A game sells less because "some guy's opinion" says it blows, the Metacritic scores goes down, and people are scared off. Ergo, fewer sales. Yeah, I think publishers care about that. That was my point.

[quote name='sadboy']He doesn't have a car.[/QUOTE]

then how does he get to kmart in the first place?

---

I can think of one game that sold like hotcakes despite being very very poorly reviewed, but that's a very rare exception. While metacritic doesn't mean the death of a title, a poor rating will kill a game 9.5 times out of ten.

I received an e-mail from Josh regarding my Hunted: DF coupon today. I just wanted to say thank you :) And let the others with the problem know...

Every person who has emailed me these past two weeks has been responded to. If you have not heard back please resend.

Thank you all for your patience.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Every person who has emailed me these past two weeks has been responded to. If you have not heard back please resend.

Thank you all for your patience.[/QUOTE]

But you didn't reply to my reply! You killed the existentialistic conversation we were having, too! The fact I spelled that correctly on the first try earns me a :drool:
EDIT: Okay mentioning death related to the the conversation ended was terrible. Yes, I'm an ass. I refuse to edit it away, however.

I am now tempted to trade in 'Noire and Homefront to GameStop and that makes me sad. Amazon trade in value is $57, GameStop's is 45 +50% so 67. Amazon has no tax so RDD cost me 59.99, GS does and it'd be 63.50 so extra difference of $2-3 with cents thrown in there somewhere. Gas included is probably even...I'm stuck between the two.

I have them submitted to amazon and even in a box with a label that has to be shipped by end of day tomorrow. Hm.

[quote name='joshrocker']The big reason would be waiting for shipping. You could get it on release day whenever you wanted to get it. I know for me UPS doesn't arrive at my house until 4:00-7:00 and usually closer to 7:00. It's very annoying sitting at home waiting to play my new game because it's sitting on someones truck.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='caponesgun']See, this shocks me. I've requested being able to choose my shipping carrier and Amazon shut it down. My FedEX guy delivers BEFORE 8am normally, so a almost 12 hour difference which is huge if that's the only day I have off near release. 12 hours of doing nothing versus playing? HUGE. It's made for a significant drop off on my Amazon pre-orders when I can price-match any B*M retailers offer in my local Wal-mart two minutes away from my house. Infamous 2's week only day I had off was Tuesday...

They really need to change that...[/QUOTE]
You know, there are likely more important deliveries on those UPS trucks than your games, right? If waiting to play a game is such a hassle, might I suggest buying it in-store on release day? Albeit you still have to wait till 9-10am most times for stores to open up to buy it and some of them don't even get their games in until later in the day on the day of release.:shock:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know, there are likely more important deliveries on those UPS trucks than your games, right? If waiting to play a game is such a hassle, might I suggest buying it in-store on release day? Albeit you still have to wait till 9-10am most times for stores to open up to buy it and some of them don't even get their games in until later in the day on the day of release.:shock:[/QUOTE]

That's completely ignoring the scope of the contention...The argument is not related to UPS's delivery route or the items within that route's "schedule of delivery". Rather, the point was that one service was faster than the other and that Amazon uses both as shipment methods. Being able to chose one or the other for certain orders is the argument. That premise and that premise alone was the reason for the complaint(s).

But, feel free to throw other orthogonal arguments out there for me to defeat :lol:

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Or legs apparently.[/QUOTE]
We laugh, but watch him turn out to be paraplegic. Then we'll feel like assholes. As we continue laughing. Just kidding.

Anyways, Josh, what are your thoughts on the Vita? Also, with system launches like that, it's a given you'll do something to support them, but do you lean towards coupon or discount on game (presumably for attach rate)? Curious as to what companies like Sony/Nintendo look for in a promotion for a launch like that. I'd actually be super stoked if I could get a Vita and Uncharted: Golden Piss Abyss at a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back