Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='caponesgun']That's completely ignoring the scope of the contention...The argument is not related to UPS's delivery route or the items within that route's "schedule of delivery". Rather, the point was that one service was faster than the other and that Amazon uses both as shipment methods. Being able to chose one or the other for certain orders is the argument. That premise and that premise alone was the reason for the complaint(s).

But, feel free to throw other orthogonal arguments out there for me to defeat :lol:[/QUOTE]

It make sense for you, but not Amazon. I'm pretty sure Amazon only uses Fedex or other carriers when A) The price for shipping the item is cheaper or B) The item is time-sensitive and UPS won't get it there in time. I doubt Amazon will want to start spending an extra $1-$2 per delivery just because someone wants their game before 4 PM.

[quote name='DarkRider23']It make sense for you, but not Amazon. I'm pretty sure Amazon only uses Fedex or other carriers when A) The price for shipping the item is cheaper or B) The item is time-sensitive and UPS won't get it there in time. I doubt Amazon will want to start spending an extra $1-$2 per delivery just because someone wants their game before 4 PM.[/QUOTE]

Most of these issues only arise with RDD, so as indicated in prior arguments related to this...most of the people making this argument are more than willing to pay an arbitrary fee for changing carriers on RDD shipments. Even with Prime, I am more than willing to pay a $1-2 extra if needed to change carriers on RDD deliveries. I'm not asking this on every order, but orders in which RDD is available. Mainly because they ARE known in advance and they could coordinate the deliveries with the carrier in advance just like they do currently. But the point is moot since Amazon refuses to budge on it and accordingly their business decreases related to new releases. Eventually they will "have" to change their policies to remain competitive.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']We laugh, but watch him turn out to be paraplegic. Then we'll feel like assholes. As we continue laughing. Just kidding.

Anyways, Josh, what are your thoughts on the Vita? Also, with system launches like that, it's a given you'll do something to support them, but do you lean towards coupon or discount on game (presumably for attach rate)? Curious as to what companies like Sony/Nintendo look for in promotion for a launch like that.[/QUOTE]

How in the hell would a paraplegic be posting on a forum or playing video games? I mean they are capable of being world-respected physicists but video games? I just imaged aforementioned person playing the Wii and bust a gut laughing.

So, yes, I'm going to hell.

[quote name='caponesgun']How in the hell would a paraplegic be posting on a forum or playing video games? I mean they are capable of being world-respected physicists but video games? I just imaged aforementioned person playing the Wii and bust a gut laughing.

So, yes, I'm going to hell.[/QUOTE]
You're thinking of quadriplegic. Paraplegic is loss of lower-body movement, quadriplegic is, IIRC, most/all extremities.

[quote name='caponesgun']That's completely ignoring the scope of the contention...The argument is not related to UPS's delivery route or the items within that route's "schedule of delivery". Rather, the point was that one service was faster than the other and that Amazon uses both as shipment methods. Being able to chose one or the other for certain orders is the argument. That premise and that premise alone was the reason for the complaint(s).

But, feel free to throw other orthogonal arguments out there for me to defeat :lol:[/QUOTE]
I'm not out to make this an 'argument', but let me ask you this one simple question.

When you order a game with release day delivery, do you get it ON release day regardless of what time you get it at? If so, then Amazon has done their job and shouldn't be expected to put out extra money just to improve what time you get it at.

They have shipped something and it should arrive on release day, as long as it does there is no reason to complain aside from to nitpick. As I said before, if you desire to pick up a game on release day and don't want to wait till the afternoon/evening for UPS to deliver it from Amazon, then there is always the option of going to a retail store to get them.

However, you may not get a lower price like Amazon and/or credit(s) to spend towards another future game by doing so. Moreover, as I said earlier, some stores have to wait for UPS themselves on release day to get some of these games.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']You're thinking of quadriplegic. Paraplegic is loss of lower-body movement, quadriplegic is, IIRC, most/all extremities.[/QUOTE]

I knew I was missing something but I was already arguing the Amazon case in my head tbh.

Damnit. Thanks for the correction, I'll add it to my laundry list of mistakes I've made today. One of which is a point of contention my girlfriend is currently using to the supposition I don't "actively listen" unless I care for the topic. Earlier in the day we discussed my sister's education and later in the day I had no recollection of that conversation or me agreeing to our contribution of money or material related to it.

:applause::lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm not out to make this an 'argument', but let me ask you this one simple question.

When you order a game with release day delivery, do you get it ON release day regardless of what time you get it at? If so, then Amazon has done their job and shouldn't be expected to put out extra money just to improve what time you get it at.

They have shipped something and it should arrive on release day, as long as it does there is no reason to complain aside from to nitpick. As I said before, if you desire to pick up a game on release day and don't want to wait till the afternoon/evening for UPS to deliver it from Amazon, then there is always the option of going to a retail store to get them.

However, you may not get a lower price like Amazon and/or credit(s) to spend towards another future game by doing so. Moreover, as I said earlier, some stores have to wait for UPS themselves on release day to get some of these games.[/QUOTE]

I'm not arguing with you, I think we both agree to some extent. I'm not complaining about speed, but rather complaining over the lack of shipping options. I'll let this conversation/argument end as it's off topic and relatively mundane considering. I'll only argue with Josh for now on :lol:

Well Capone, I got my PS3 from my fiance early and she let me have it today instead of waiting till another week to have and I played it for 5 hours straight and going to be up all night playing it. Right now playing Ratchet and Clank:Tools of destruction. Sooo much fun, missed this series soo much

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Well Capone, I got my PS3 from my fiance early and she let me have it today instead of waiting till another week to have and I played it for 5 hours straight and going to be up all night playing it. Right now playing Ratchet and Clank:Tools of destruction. Sooo much fun, missed this series soo much[/QUOTE]

Congrats! But don't say the word fiance around my girlfriend! Giving her ideas like that is treacherous! We've been "dating" for roughly seven years so the onus is on me at this point in some social circles. I reject those arguments but, to each their own. She's British so the royal wedding kinda ruined my life for a bit :lol:

Enjoy the PS3! Don't forget about the upcoming R&C release as well! Oct 18th I believe?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know, there are likely more important deliveries on those UPS trucks than your games, right? If waiting to play a game is such a hassle, might I suggest buying it in-store on release day? Albeit you still have to wait till 9-10am most times for stores to open up to buy it and some of them don't even get their games in until later in the day on the day of release.:shock:[/QUOTE]

I won't argue that their are probably more important deliveries to be made. However I still don't want to wait until the end of the day to get my stuff (games or other random stuff I've ordered). I always pre ordered through amazon because they were offering such good pre order bonuses (until kmart came and stole my business that is) but had it not been for those bonuses I would have bought it at a b &m. I was willing to wait a little longer to get my game because of the value amazon was throwing in.

I know they deliver some items first (the important stuff) but I think this is more of a case of where my house is located on their route. Before I moved to my current location I used to get my stuff much earlier. It was only after moving to our current house did I start receiving my stuff so late in the day. My neighborhood must be one of the last stops they make on any given day.

So anyway, kmart offering in store pickup would be huge because of the saved shipping costs and I could get my game first thing in the morning.

Thanks for the PSP games sales Josh! Picked up the 3rd Birthday, it's just too bad you didn't put Valkyria on sale, I would have loved to pick that up as well from you guys. I recall you having it for $25 on release...any chance of another shot at that? I didn't own a PSP at the time.

[quote name='confoosious']are you people seriously so lacking in things to do that you are complaining about a 5 PM delivery of a game as opposed to 9AM?[/QUOTE]

For a lot of people 5pm is as good as tomorrow. Not everyone works 9-5 and games in the evenings.

[quote name='fujimitsu']For a lot of people 5pm is as good as tomorrow. Not everyone works 9-5 and games in the evenings.[/QUOTE]

I stand by my original statement.

[quote name='fujimitsu']For a lot of people 5pm is as good as tomorrow. Not everyone works 9-5 and games in the evenings.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of those people and I don't care about that stuff. It's a little ridiculous. So what if you don't get to play the game on Day 1? It's not the end of the world.

Seriously considering cancelling my Amazon pre-order of LoZ 3DS and going the K-mart route, since Amazon is offering nothing with it.

[quote name='jza1218']I'm one of those people and I don't care about that stuff. It's a little ridiculous. So what if you don't get to play the game on Day 1? It's not the end of the world.

Seriously considering cancelling my Amazon pre-order of LoZ 3DS and going the K-mart route, since Amazon is offering nothing with it.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. But if release day delivery is worth paying extra for then how is this different? I'm not advocating overpaying or anything, but I"d be willing to spend $1 or go pick it up myself if I have the day free. It amazes me how much people give a shit about other people's preferences.

it's the internet yo. everybody's opinion is only worth as much attention/time you spend on it

[quote name='jer7583']it's the internet yo. everybody's opinion is only worth as much attention/time you spend on it[/QUOTE]

Truth. It's the internet, the home of rule 34. That by itself is a reason to not take it seriously.

[quote name='confoosious']are you people seriously so lacking in things to do that you are complaining about a 5 PM delivery of a game as opposed to 9AM?[/QUOTE]

I miss the earlier K-Mart threads. These new flock of K-Mart fans are annoying as fuck. Give me Altanis over these guys anyday.

Went to Kmart and picked up inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition, coupon printed no problem, but damn that 5000 point bonus for spending $45 on shoes for not working! Grrr!
On the plus side, I got a Hero Edition at Kmart when GameStop wouldn't sell me one since they only got enough for preorders. Suck a fat one, GameStop!

Anyways, can't wait for Sunday so we can pick up our 4GB 360 (already have a cheap HDD from Amazon) and I'm gonna snag DiRT3 on sale as well and use one of my $20 coupons. Gonna be a good weekend!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I miss the earlier K-Mart threads. These new flock of K-Mart fans are annoying as fuck. Give me Altanis over these guys anyday.[/QUOTE]

Right, because arguing with people stupidly over things like "You're wrong because you think (thing the person doesn't think) as evidenced by (thing the person didn't say) and I'm superior to you in every way and this conversation is now over and if you reply to point out my fallacies you're trolling and off-topic." was a lot better than discussing what people would like to see as part of a KMart pre-order program and why. :roll:

This sucks.. I won't pick up inFamous 2 for a while now because for the first time ever my Kmart is actually out of stock..

Wow I just read that Rage got pushed back until Oct 4th. That means that unless something changes, Rage, Dark Souls, Twisted Metal, and The Darkness II all come out on the same day.

I probably won't get The Darkness II at launch but had planned on getting the other three on their launch dates. Oct 4th is gonna be one crazy day.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm not out to make this an 'argument', but let me ask you this one simple question.

However, you may not get a lower price like Amazon and/or credit(s) to spend towards another future game by doing so. Moreover, as I said earlier, some stores have to wait for UPS themselves on release day to get some of these games.[/QUOTE]

Is this guy serious? Dude, go outside.

Sucks. Never received any credit for purchasing LA Noire. Been trying to get the credit issued somehow from the website (no dice) and calling up the 800 number (nobody answers).

Looks like I'm missing out on inFamous 2 deal which is a shame.

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']Sucks. Never received any credit for purchasing LA Noire. Been trying to get the credit issued somehow from the website (no dice) and calling up the 800 number (nobody answers).

Looks like I'm missing out on inFamous 2 deal which is a shame.[/QUOTE]

Email Josh with a scan of your receipt and he'll send you the credit ASAP.

Read the OP for more information.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Email Josh with a scan of your receipt and he'll send you the credit ASAP.

Read the OP for more information.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...

It says a gift card within 48 hours (Excluding Weekends). Doesn't seem that instant. It just is kind of frustrating when I have been trying all week. I'll shoot him an email anyway.

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']Sucks. Never received any credit for purchasing LA Noire. Been trying to get the credit issued somehow from the website (no dice) and calling up the 800 number (nobody answers).

Looks like I'm missing out on inFamous 2 deal which is a shame.[/QUOTE]

Just remember that the cards are sent out snail mail.

I actually got my GC a few days ago.

It can take a couple weeks for it to come in.

I don't intend to derail this thread too much from the discussion of quadriplegic gamers getting games at 8 am on release day but I was wondering if there was any word on the Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon deal? It's between that and RFA for my LA Noire coupon...

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']I don't intend to derail this thread too much from the discussion of quadriplegic gamers getting games at 8 am on release day but I was wondering if there was any word on the Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon deal? It's between that and RFA for my LA Noire coupon...[/QUOTE]

The deal will start on the 19th so we'll probably hear about it mid next week. I assume since it's not on release week, that this game will be discounted of MSRP. I'm holding out for this game at Kmart since there are no deals at all for this game at any retailer.

So I think I've narrowed my choice on what to use my L.A. Noire coupon on to either WWE All Stars or Dirt 3. I haven't played a wrestling game in ages but have heard good things and I really enjoyed the first two Dirt games even though I eventually got bored and never finished either career. Has anyone here played both that could offer some feedback on which one you prefer?

I picked up infamous 2 w/ $20 coupon today, but would probably rather go with MvC3 & Bulletstorm when the K sale hits tomorrow.

what happens to the $20 gaming coupon if I return infamous 2 for the $64.xx I paid for it?

[quote name='Back4more']I picked up infamous 2 w/ $20 coupon today, but would probably rather go with MvC3 & Bulletstorm when the K sale hits tomorrow.

what happens to the $20 gaming coupon if I return infamous 2 for the $64.xx I paid for it?[/QUOTE]

You could try to be a little more slick when asking if stealing will result in consequences.

[quote name='Back4more']I picked up infamous 2 w/ $20 coupon today, but would probably rather go with MvC3 & Bulletstorm when the K sale hits tomorrow.

what happens to the $20 gaming coupon if I return infamous 2 for the $64.xx I paid for it?[/QUOTE]

You either surrender the coupon, or they give you back 44+ tax and you keep the coupon.

hmm... i should be able to stack coupons wit different offer ids right? anyway, sometimes im glad kmart doesnt get a whole lot of gaming business... i was able to pick up an infamous 2 hero edition :)

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']You either surrender the coupon, or they give you back 44+ tax and you keep the coupon.[/QUOTE]

thanks. I just passed the unopened copy along to a fellow gamer (for $44) and I'll use the coupon towards MvC3 & Bulletstorm.

win all the way around.

[quote name='Back4more']thanks. I just passed the unopened copy along to a fellow gamer (for $44) and I'll use the coupon towards MvC3 & Bulletstorm.

win all the way around.[/QUOTE]
Wait, so you spent $60 plus tax to get a game and a $20 coupon, then sold the game for about $20 less than you paid, just to keep the coupon? Unless I'm figuring wrong, all you did was come out even. Why go through all that trouble when you gain nothing from it?

he probably bought it before seeing the sales for next week, what do you care?

[quote name='jer7583']he probably bought it before seeing the sales for next week, what do you care?[/QUOTE]

yep, exactly what happened. I bought the infamous 2 and was planning to use the $20 coupon, later in the day, on Uncharted 2 for $19.99. For some reason I thought the gaming coupon had a couple delay before being active. when I noticed it was for next day, I scoured next weeks deals and found something more appealing.

so I dont have to do a return (get free shipping also), kmart doesnt lose the sale, and another gamer gets an unopened infamous 2 for $44.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back