Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spree4567']Kmart's coupon offer is good all week, not just today[/QUOTE]

:roll: i can understand the "WTF" on them not stocking a game on release day....but just go later in the week.

It was mentioned earlier, but Zelda is in the store circular (valid June 19-June 25). That will at least help people fighting the good fight, although lazy/thickheaded employees will even argue with that I suppose.

I also think Josh has mentioned that he has to work within a budget for the coupons, so my opionion I rather him save his budget for later in the year when all the big titles come out so he can offer more with those instead of blowing his budget early in the year

who the hell is offering a $25 GC w/ 2 3DS games? I've skimmed every single ad on the sticky section and don't see it.

Are you guys confusing the Target get a $25GC w/ 3DS system purchase?

[quote name='confoosious']who the hell is offering a $25 GC w/ 2 3DS games? I've skimmed every single ad on the sticky section and don't see it.

Are you guys confusing the Target get a $25GC w/ 3DS system purchase?[/QUOTE]

No one is. Its buy a Nintendo 3DS and get a 25DC'

THe Zelda deal at Target is Buy Zelda and get another game 50 percent off

[quote name='confoosious']who the hell is offering a $25 GC w/ 2 3DS games? I've skimmed every single ad on the sticky section and don't see it.

Best Buy.

[quote name='salty tbone']It was mentioned earlier, but Zelda is in the store circular (valid June 19-June 25). That will at least help people fighting the good fight, although lazy/thickheaded employees will even argue with that I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I definitely should've grabbed one. They usually have a stack of them at the electronics counter, but they didn't today. I'll have to grab a copy for my next attempt.

[quote name='nbballard']For 2- the explanation all goes back to what josh is and isn't allowed to do. Giftcards are supported by distributors in the same way that printed coupons are for new releases. If he were to run a promo with a giftcard, it would be very low, like 5 dollars (ala Target). The gaming coupons trap the money in the electronics section and increase the chance that the value won't be redeemed. The low redemption rate, and expiration date are what gives josh the freedom to run these deals on a title by title basis without having to make it a "Buy 2 games get this" promo.

This program works for me, and a lot of us, because we buy a new game at least once a month. I recognize that the expiration dates pose issues for the average consumer- but nothing is forcing them to use it on a new release.

That said- i am not in anyway disagreeing with you about going up to K-mart today and fighting for this deal. Sunday releases are particularly hard for the staff to get their head around, and I'm not looking forward to making my trip in a few minutes.[/QUOTE]
Your post makes sense and I appreciate your understanding on where I am coming from. I just want Kmart to succeed and make strides.

And confoosious, it has been brought up over and over again, but it shouldn't be even allowed on another store's posting, but Best Buy is offering it. And for the other who asked which game, I spent $68 after tax to get Zelda and BlazBlue, so technically $43 after my $25 gift card.

BestBuy has this,
3ds.gif
$39.99 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ~ Get a $25 gift card with the purchase of Zelda and any other 3DS game ~.

I have no idea if its that, personally I'm going to TRU when it opens up, sucks they open at 10am though. Two more hours to go for there buy 1 get 1 50% off, I'm going to pick up zelda and monkey ball for $55 after discounts and coupons. This would have been my first choice but I have a $5 coupon to burn at TRU, maybe next time.

I had no problems at the store on south Lindbergh in st, Louis. Coupon printed and the electronics lady was very nice. She asked me if I had a SYWR card while she was getting the game out of the case for me and even mentioned that she wanted to make sure the coupon printed.

For those who can't find the game in the case, look by the DS games. Zelda was in the wrong case at my store (in the DS games instead of the 3DS games).

no coupon in the Peoria, IL store with Zelda :( . I'll send Josh an e-mail later today. They also did not have it on display and they had to go back and get it and were complaining the the person last night did not close correctly...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']ahhh thanks. I hope it works on two copies of OOT. I don't want any other 3DS game.[/QUOTE]

BB's website doesn't give you option of selecting two copies of OOT;

1. Select The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
  2. Select another game below.
  3. Select the gift card.
  4. Click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of the page.
I'd assume it'll be the same way in stores but one can hope otherwise.

[quote name='nbballard']I believe Josh said that they didn't move enough units of SSF4 to rationalize carrying AE.[/QUOTE]
Thanks bud. Hope everyone has a great Father's day.

[quote name='confoosious']ahhh thanks. I hope it works on two copies of OOT. I don't want any other 3DS game.[/QUOTE]

If you're getting two copies of OOT, Kmart is still a better deal by $5. Two OOT at Kmart gets you $30 back.

Honestly, the deal of two games for $25 is not a better deal. That means you get a savings of $12.50 per game as opposed to $15 for the purchase of a game. Why spend an extra $20 on Nintendo shovelware to still screw yourself out of a good deal?

As to thinking that a "thin piece of paper with an expiration date that has terms and conditions on how it can be used" is not a draw and won't be attractive to people and won't catch on... Well, I won't even go into how silly that is. It's a coupon. That's how coupons work. There is an entire culture of people who are fanatical about cutting coupons to save money. There are TV shows and websites that teach you how to do it. I'm sure that anybody who has studied marketing at Kmart can tell you that over 60% of Sunday papers that are sold in the US are sold to people who only want the coupons in them, and more than 80% of people who get the Sunday paper use at least 5 coupons in them. So calling it as a trend that won't catch on is like you announcing that you think using cars won't catch on.

Simple math shows that if you put out a little effort, Kmarts coupon deal is almost universally better then what anybody else has running, especially considering their post-launch sales.

[quote name='Scarlet H']If you're getting two copies of OOT, Kmart is still a better deal by $5. Two OOT at Kmart gets you $30 back.

Honestly, the deal of two games for $25 is not a better deal. That means you get a savings of $12.50 per game as opposed to $15 for the purchase of a game. Why spend an extra $20 on Nintendo shovelware to still screw yourself out of a good deal?

As to thinking that a "thin piece of paper with an expiration date that has terms and conditions on how it can be used" is not a draw and won't be attractive to people and won't catch on... Well, I won't even go into how silly that is. It's a coupon. That's how coupons work. There is an entire culture of people who are fanatical about cutting coupons to save money. There are TV shows and websites that teach you how to do it. I'm sure that anybody who has studied marketing at Kmart can tell you that over 60% of Sunday papers that are sold in the US are sold to people who only want the coupons in them, and more than 80% of people who get the Sunday paper use at least 5 coupons in them. So calling it as a trend that won't catch on is like you announcing that you think using cars won't catch on.

Simple math shows that if you put out a little effort, Kmarts coupon deal is almost universally better then what anybody else has running, especially considering their post-launch sales.[/QUOTE]

Agreed mostly with this. The only drawback is that the two $15 coupons can't be used in the same transaction, whereas the $25 GC can.

yeah that best buy deal is lame. I only want OOT, anything else i already have, and if you haven't bought it by now you don't want to pay full $40 price for launch games, even the good ones like SSF4 and Pilotwings.

BlazBlue is $25 but seriously, fuck blazblue.

Hope kmart employees can DO THEIR JOBS. this is seriously stupid that there are still this many problems with sunday releases.

Went to my local Kmart this morning to try and pick up Zelda, but no luck. The electronics section manager(?) was a real bitch about looking for the game, so I went to customer services to see if they could look up if it's in stock. They had a print out listing all items from the Sunday ad that should be in stock, but weren't. Zelda WAS on that list, so I'm kinda pissed about that.

I really want that soundtrack CD, but if I have to wait until later in the week to get the Kmart deal, then I'm probably not going to be able to get the CD. I guess I'll go to Best Buy. Maybe I can sell the second game on eBay.

[quote name='salty tbone']It was mentioned earlier, but Zelda is in the store circular (valid June 19-June 25). That will at least help people fighting the good fight, although lazy/thickheaded employees will even argue with that I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but sadly nowhere does it say "Available Sunday, June 19".

The employees at my store will never believe a Sunday release date unless it is clearly printed in the ad like Pokemon B/W were. Still stuck in the idea that new games are ALWAYS on Tuesday. I'm still heading out to try to get Zelda but my expectations are not high at all...

Kmart in Albuquerque, NM didn't have the game out, but the clerk found it easily enough. However, a coupon did not print with the game. Just an FYI for others who may have encountered the same problem.

Lol, and here I am once again sitting in the electronics section with my 2 impatient small children while an employee goes to look for a game he says they don't have...

This crap is getting SO old...

I know ill get satisfaction , but get your shit together kmart.

I went to the K-mart in Rockford IL and was told that they won't put out Zelda until tuesday. The guy working in electronics suggested I go somewhere else if I wanted to buy it today. I thought that was a bit odd.

I feel like Charlie Brown as he lies on his back after Lucy pulled the football away yet again... Hopefully, I've learned my lesson this time.

I guess I just have bad luck. When I buy into these coupon deals, I always have this plan on what I'll use them on and it will always be something I was planning on getting anyway, so I actually realize "savings". I never seem to have any problems picking up the games that generate the coupons. The problem always pops up when I want to actually redeem the coupons on what I intended on buying.

This time, I didn't think I could lose. I had bought Children of Eden and Duke Nukem Forever on release date with no problem. I had $35 in coupons with TWO games I could possibly put that towards: The Legend of Zelda OOT and the new Transformers game. Even if they didn't have Zelda (the last time I bailed on K-Mart was when they failed to have a Nintendo Sunday release that was ad-supported and I ended up just using the coupons on something else just to "get out" of the coupon "cycle"), Transformers was shipping in the prior week and had a promo starting on Sunday, so, surely it would be in stock by Sunday....

Get there around 9:30 AM. No Zelda or Transformers in the display. I go to the Electronics counter - big plus, someone is already there. That never happens. No Zelda. However, I was not THAT ticked off because I saw evidence that it truly did sell out, as I was told, since the empty Nintendo shipping box was on the counter. At least it had been there. Plus, I still had Transformers to use the credit on. He took his trip in the back to look for it. Came back empty-handed. Another trip to a K-Mart, another too-long of a time spent in the store, and another Sunday leaving with nothing and going to Target to pick up the games.

I can only hope Shadows of the Damned gets reviewed well AND my local K-Mart gets it, so I'll have something to use this credit on. My only problem is that I so don't want to have to keep driving there to check to see if they have it. Hopefully, it's there on street date (I read someone had already seen it on shelves at a K-Mart). And I really am not wanting to call the store and ask some unsuspecting employee if they have Shadows of the Damned since I could end up with the police showing up at my door.

This mess with Zelda is particularly ridiculous because they are not only missing out on this sale, but also a second sale that I would make with the coupon.

Maybe they don't care about that second sale though, since it's probably a loss for them.

[quote name='kevtv3']I went to the K-mart in Rockford IL and was told that they won't put out Zelda until tuesday. The guy working in electronics suggested I go somewhere else if I wanted to buy it today. I thought that was a bit odd.[/QUOTE]

lol. kmart store-level employees really are the worst.

Don't take offense, josh. Or even think this is your responsibility to fix.. it's just really awful and continues to be.

[quote name='Scarlet H']Honestly, the deal of two games for $25 is not a better deal. That means you get a savings of $12.50 per game as opposed to $15 for the purchase of a game. Why spend an extra $20 on Nintendo shovelware to still screw yourself out of a good deal?
[/QUOTE]

But don't you have to buy another game to use that $15 coupon? That would make it a savings of $7.50 per game.

I've been begging Kmart to put me in Electronics for a year now. Even told them how I came from Best Buy and have been gaming and using electronics all my life. Instead they'd rather have 3 old people over there (seniority ftw), and a girl who worked in the area and thought with her seniority she could be put there. Kmart employees that work in electronics do not know anything about the electronics or gaming. Based on my experience with 4 Kmarts around me I've been to. That's Kmart for you though.

[quote name='ProphetZero']I've been begging Kmart to put me in Electronics for a year now. Even told them how I came from Best Buy and have been gaming and using electronics all my life. Instead they'd rather have 3 old people over there (seniority ftw), and a girl who worked in the area and thought with her seniority she could be put there. Kmart employees that work in electronics do not know anything about the electronics or gaming. Based on my experience with 4 Kmarts around me I've been to. That's Kmart for you though.[/QUOTE]

There should be a quick exam to work in the Electronics department of K-Mart. Like, if you don't know the boss in both zelda and mario.

I had my first bad experience in Valencia, CA today. The employee didn't believe Zelda was out today, since she had only had last week's ads available. Once she went up to the front and got a new one herself, she finally went to the back and got the games. Everything went fine with using a coupon on the purchase, but no new one printed out.

There was obviously prep work done by the regular employees, since the game had a spot set aside in the case, but no one bothered to make sure the job finished smoothly.

[quote name='jer7583']lol. kmart store-level employees really are the worst.

Don't take offense, josh. Or even think this is your responsibility to fix.. it's just really awful and continues to be.[/QUOTE]
No offense taken, I see how it is every day. I wish there was more that I could do. Trust me, I do. I hate more than anything working into the am answering hate mail that would have been resolved with any degree of helpfulness in the store.

For the coupon issue, I investigated it with IT and there are no issues. BASIC maintenance of the electronics register will allow the coupon to print. The code was sent down on Wed. AM and is good. All shipments look good, however I did notice that the agate for available now was not inserted by the agency as planned but really, it shouldn't be needed anyway with the amount of communication that went through. It's quite frankly ridiculous.

If your store does not have the title on the sales floor as planned please purchase it online (we will verify with the store) and I will honor the deal myself. If you were looking to use coupons on the title I will also take that into consideration.

Not sure what else to say..........sorry for the continued ineptitude, sorry for the lack of care for you as a consumer......how many times can I say that before even those words sound hollow.

I am working in taking this whole project online.

Hmm, I didn't seem to get the $15 gaming coupon either. I was able to use my $20 gaming coupon for LA Noire, so I definitely had my reward card information put in.

My wife tried to get Zelda for me for Fathers Day me, and was told they didn't have it. She said the woman looked for it, but couldn't find it. Disappointing, this is the second swing and a miss on a K-mart deal. Considering it's not very convenient for me to get to, I'm not sure if I'll try again.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
Not sure what else to say..........sorry for the continued ineptitude, sorry for the lack of care for you as a consumer......how many times can I say that before even those words sound hollow.[/QUOTE]

This is why you are the best employee rep online man. I would have cracked a long time ago.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
I am working in taking this whole project online.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, if that works out, I may finally give these deals another chance. Good luck.

Just thought I'd share my experience. Went in and picked it up fine, but during checkout I went to use my gaming coupons, I had 2 from child of Eden and Duke. Used the one fine then went to use the other and the lady said I was only allowed to use one. I showed her on the coupon where it said they can be combined. So she tried it and it worked (no surprise) and decided to tell me that if I thought I was going to try and return it for full price that wouldn't be allowed, which I found kind of offensive, seeing as I had to spend $100+ to get those coupons, like I was going to try and scam the store... then she gave a sarcastic laugh when the $15 coupon printed out afterwards. Anyways after using my
rewards points I walked out with Zelda and a coupon all for $1.74. Not bad, but I'll probably use a different store next time.

My KMart was a bust. Nothing on the shelf.

Employees were nice and checked into it though. The cashier called someone up and was told they didnt have it in stock but will Tuesday. I'm not sure if they are just clueless about Nintendo's Sunday release date, or if it's legit, but at least they seemed to put an effort into checking. I HATE it when an employee refuses to check the back or store inventory, so at least that was good.

Will go back later this week for the coupon. If it wasn't for the coupon though, I wouldn't go back for the game.

Got mines. I called a KMart right near me and they said they didn't have it in stock. Whatever. Called the one near Union Square, where they checked and told me they had it. An hour train ride later and picked it up along with the coupon hassle free. They had quite a few on the shelves, and the streets and store were practically empty. Too bad I registered and didn't get the pop up. Bleh.

Great experience at my kmart today. Game was already on the shelves. Looks like I got the 2nd to last copy 2 hours in from opening! Coupon printed out without a hitch. Overall a happy kmart customer.

Now to roll the dice to see if I can get this soundtrack promo to work...haha

Tried Oxon Hill, MD for Zelda 3D and they said it wasn't out until Tuesday. I tried Springfield, VA next, and it wasn't on the shelf, but they got it from the back for me. Coupon printed without issue.

[quote name='dino88']But don't you have to buy another game to use that $15 coupon? That would make it a savings of $7.50 per game.[/QUOTE]

If you do the math that way, it would make the savings on the 2 game deal for $25 back $8.30. And that's only if you don't buy a game that gives another coupon back. I only buy games with my coupons that give me the coupon back, creating a rolling bank of coupon money that is perpetally refreshed.

Had an awful experience today at the Hazleton, PA K-mart (#7708). Went in, asked if they had Zelda. The clueless girl was like I am filling in for the electronics guy,he will brb in 10-15 minutes. 15 Minutes later, was promptly told they did not have it. I might go to another one today in Wilkes-Barre, but I may just wait till after work tomorrow, after I call of course.

Sending Josh an e-mail.

[quote name='*Deathblade2']Is alice $34.99 like people were speculating?[/QUOTE]

If past sales are an indication, any $34.99 price drop will be week 3-4 of release or later, like week 6. I'd put my money on that drop next week or week after.

Good experience overall in Columbus GA. Went in, had to ask Customer Service to send someone back to electronics as usual, and had to tell the clerk that big Nintendo releases come out on Sundays when he said it was coming out on Tuesday. He went and checked, came out with a few copies and everything went smoothly from there. Once I stop having to ask them to send someone back to electronics, and the clerks get a bit more clued in, I'll have no complaints at all.

Got Zelda this morning but the coupon didnt print so the service desk just took the 15$ off the cost. Since I had a 20$ coupon from LA Noir. Zelda cost me just over 5$. Sweet deal!

Well...I went back to Kmart. Same woman was there. This time, I *did* give a little attitude. She was still acting pretty pissy, but, she finally sighed and went to fetch the game.

Sure enough, she had copies back there. She mumbled a "sorry" as I left. I think the only reason she went and checked for me this time is because there were other customers in the vicinity and I was starting to get loud.

But, the damn coupon didn't print (and I did use my SYWR). I'll be emailing Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back