Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rig']Well...I went back to Kmart. Same woman was there. This time, I *did* give a little attitude. She was still acting pretty pissy, but, she finally sighed and went to fetch the game.

Sure enough, she had copies back there. She mumbled a "sorry" as I left. I think the only reason she went and checked for me this time is because there were other customers in the vicinity and I was starting to get loud.

But, the damn coupon didn't print (and I did use my SYWR). I'll be emailing Josh.[/QUOTE]

wow, thats some pretty sad shit on her part. i mean who would refuse to go look for an item as opposed to sitting there like a b*tch doing nothing? i would complain to management about that...who the hell refuses to do their job?

[quote name='DrawingBlanks']You do know the offer is; Free $25 Gift Card with the purchase of two 3DS games. Tell me how spending $80 for a $25 GC is a better deal...
[/QUOTE]

Actually getting Zelda and Blazblue for 3DS for $64.99 plus tax with a $25 Gift card and knowing that I'll be able to dump Blazblue for at leaset $30 is more attractive to me...

but if I only wanted zelda then Kmart would be the place

[quote name='confoosious']who the hell is offering a $25 GC w/ 2 3DS games? I've skimmed every single ad on the sticky section and don't see it.

Are you guys confusing the Target get a $25GC w/ 3DS system purchase?[/QUOTE]

Nevermind..

no, it does NOT work with two copies of Zelda unless you can get an override. YMMV

Well, in mine in New Windsor, NY the guy working at electronics was knowledgeable, knew the game was out today, even knew about the gift cards thing. Apparently though for some reason, the store received 0 copies of the fucking game.

So now I'm left wondering what my options are. Because of these promotions, Kmart is going to be my first choice in picking up any game now, but if they don't carry a NEW RELEASE FROM NINTENDO DAY ONE, I wonder if there'd be any luck at all in the future.

Time's ticking on the soundtrack, so now I have to see if there's any store in driving distance, hope they're as competent as the one I just came back from is, and the store actually got a shipment in.

I WANT to shop at kmart now for things like this, which is a far cry that my original opinion about the store. But now I'm going to be wondering with any new release.

Question:

You'll have no idea if Zelda is going to print a coupon until AFTER you pay. So if I apply a gaming coupon towards the price and the coupon doesn't print I'll be SOL on returning it and trying to get the value of the coupon I wasted back correct?

Well of course I won't be SOL because I can contact Josh; but as far as not having to get him involved their is no other options right?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
Not sure what else to say..........sorry for the continued ineptitude, sorry for the lack of care for you as a consumer......how many times can I say that before even those words sound hollow.

I am working in taking this whole project online.[/QUOTE]

Josh, I feel so sorry for you. I think you've done an amazing job putting together everything you've done and I would imagine you've been pretty successful. You're getting people into K-Marts who probably would never have set foot in there again. Heck, after vowing to do just that myself, you STILL got me to give them another chance (although, it's such a hassle for me, that this one will probably be the last). THAT is successful marketing. It is such a shame that you've got stores that just can't get their acts together.

It should be so easy. They know the promos. I've seen the promo tags in the display case detailing them. How hard should it be for them to make sure the display is ready as of the date a promo begins?

Went to two K-Marts in Tacoma, WA. First one was closed for renovations. Second one didn't have the game. The showcase had the game's label and the coupon label, but no game. I asked the worker if she could check if they had the game in stock and she then proceeded to look at the weekly ad and said no and told me they weren't getting any shipments for new games until Tuesday. Finally, I went to Best Buy and got Zelda and BlazBlue CS2 ($24.99) for a total of $71.01 after tax and got the $25 gift card hassle free.

Edit: Probably won't go to KMart again for a Sunday release and I plan on using my $25 gift card for Resident Evil next week.

[quote name='GBAstar']Question:

You'll have no idea if Zelda is going to print a coupon until AFTER you pay. So if I apply a gaming coupon towards the price and the coupon doesn't print I'll be SOL on returning it and trying to get the value of the coupon I wasted back correct?

Well of course I won't be SOL because I can contact Josh; but as far as not having to get him involved their is no other options right?[/QUOTE]

Most stores I know of give you a refund based on the price of the item, meaning you'd get the $15 back in the cost of the refunded game. For example, if the game was $30, and you paid $15 in coupons and $15 in cash, then had to return it, you'd get $30 back in some form or another.

Josh can verify one way or the other I'm sure, but anytime I've returned anything using coupons anywhere, that's how it works. I think even I've returned something at Kmart under similar circumstances and got it refunded as the whole total back to my card. But that said, if you do it repeatedly to make money or do it after a prolonged time, they'll probably restrict your returning of items so if you're going to return it, return it immediately.

Or you can just call the store to find out their policy since even though I'm sure Josh, God loves him, knows these policies backwards and forwards and can recite them in his sleep, the store may just do their own thing. Checking ahead gives you an idea of how you want to proceed and keeps a frustrated email out of Josh's inbox I'd bet.

[quote name='GBAstar']Nevermind..

no, it does NOT work with two copies of Zelda unless you can get an override. YMMV[/QUOTE]

That's not true, I got 2 zeldas this morning, $25 gc worked fine no override needed.

Went to the Seattle store. No LOZ 3DS, and the guy wasn't sure if there was shipment today, and there probably would be one for a couple of weeks. Seriously, the Seattle has been lagging in the videogames dept, it's the third miss for me within a month. I may have to take my business elsewhere.

NP.
I was told at my Kmart they used to, but as a condition of reconstructing their business under chap 11, it was a policy they had to abandon.

I would say that even though many of us are having problems, don't lose heart about this. This is something relatively new for the store, and there's always going to be growing pains associated with something like this. I'd imagine that on non-retard Sunday releases, even by this fall they'll be good to go. Of course, time will tell, but I'm willing to hang in there a bit.

Then again, this was my first real try at a new one. In terms of sales, Heavy Rain didn't have any copies, but Tomb Raider had plenty, so that's still a point for them since I can't imagine Heavy Rain is a very stockable game, lol.

Hey josh, I know you're on vacation this week but I had issues with my transformers purchase and I don't think mu store even carried Zelda. Who do I email?

No Zelda at the Webster, NY location. I asked after not seeing it in the case and the guy at the Home Electronics area said he checked to see if they got any shipments for the game earlier today but they didn't.

Didn't feel like driving 30-45 minutes to the other Kmart locations, so I just went next door and purchased Zelda at Gamestop with the credit I had.

Going to have to find a game I want soon - my $20 coupon for Kmart will be expiring on 07/02...

[quote name='atc250es']That's not true, I got 2 zeldas this morning, $25 gc worked fine no override needed.[/QUOTE]

At Best Buy? It didn't ring up properly for me and I was at the final phase of checking out and was about to swipe my CC....

guess I can give it another try

Store 9329 (Brownsville TX)

apparently didn't have the game in both locations in the store and would get tomorrow . gave up and now headed towards Harlingen's location. hope they have it.

seems I'm not the only hating Nintendos Sunday releases :|

[quote name='cardsharkrob']why are people talking about buying things at Best Buy in the Kmart thread?[/QUOTE]

why wouldn't you? Josh even acknowledges other retailers when they do a good deal he can't match at that time.

the best buy thing might be good if people have gift cards there, want another game, or can't get their kmart to sell them the game.

Not sure if Josh mentioned this but I know a number of people had previously been asking about the Beatles Rock Band Value Bundles when we attempted to discount them to $49.99 but there was a pricing discrepancy...the good news is if you were looking for those I can confirm those are officially on clearance now and priced at $49.99.

[quote name='nbballard']FYI - game was on the shelf and ready to go in Memphis. Coupon printed without trouble.

I was flabbergasted. :)[/QUOTE]

Whoa, that's awesome!

I've been reading posts here and nothing yet for any store in the LA/OC area. I'll take my chances here later today. Otherwise, I'll wait later this week and pick one up in Memphis.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']why are people talking about buying things at Best Buy in the Kmart thread?[/QUOTE]

people talk about kmart in other threads anyways so what's the problem then?

[quote name='GBAstar']At Best Buy? It didn't ring up properly for me and I was at the final phase of checking out and was about to swipe my CC....

guess I can give it another try[/QUOTE]

Yes it worked for me this morning.

I doubt anyone would if the kmarts nationally actually got the game shipments and put them up, or if people weren't having problems.

The fact is, the kmart experience now is almost like a permanent price drop on game prices after that first full price purchase. Looking at it like that, it's insane. If they can get it off the ground anyway.

When we get to the fall, I know just by shopping at kmart I'll pick up all the games I want anyway and probably save over $100.

I will NEVER understand why something as basic as having a game for sale on release day is such a widespread and hopeless fail at kmart.

Is there no management involvement? Is ther zero accountability? How it continues week after week at so many locations is beyond me.

Kmarts deals are awesome, but the customer service is just freaking hopeless. What goods a deal if the product isn't even available.

Kmart in S. Orange, West Covina, CA had 6 copies at 9:30 AM PST inside the new releases display. Me and my homie bought our copies and coupons printed fine (used SYWR cards). That Kmart never had launch games available, so I was very surprised ^_^

No copies of Zelda in Joliet, IL. Went in with my $35 worth of gaming coupons, but left disappointed. There was a spot in the case labeled for it. I asked at customer service, and they said they haven't received it yet. Damn Nintendo, and their habit of Sunday releases.

I had no issues getting my copy of LoZ this morning at my local Kmart. I used my LA Noire coupon for the purchase, and the $15 coupon printed automatically. After reading everyone else's experiences, I was a little pessimistic walking in, but everything turned out great. Thanks Josh!

My luck with Club Nintendo was not as good though, as I'm part of the no-pop-up group :\

I went to K-Mart today to use my 20$ coupon, but I could not get the game because IT WAS ONE fuckING CENT UNDER 20.00. I will never, EVER shop at K-Mart again. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to the Des Plaines, IL KMart ten minutes past opening and was ultimately told that they didn't have Zelda yet.

After taking care of the rest of my errands, I made the trek to the Bloomingdale, IL location (3914) and got there at a quarter past two. They had copies on the shelf and a sign for the promotion. Coupon printed fine.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']I went to K-Mart today to use my 20$ coupon, but I could not get the game because IT WAS ONE ****ING CENT UNDER 20.00. I will never, EVER shop at K-Mart again. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Knowledge is power. The fact that coupons don't work on items less than the value of the coupon is made public in several places, particularly the first page of this thread and the very coupon you're now claiming you'll never go back to use. Next time, make yourself aware of the stipulations before you blow a gasket, and consider adding another cheap gaming item to your purchase.

Called the Wilkes-Barre Kmart, and they told me they did not have it. I asked when they would be getting in it (because I could check after work tomorrow) and they were fucking clueless.

So finally called the Walnutport, PA store and sure enough they had it. Went to there and got my copy. Finally found this damn game and everything went smoothly. The nice girl even told me on the phone at Walnutport I get a $15 gaming credit :D.

Now if Josh makes Alice $34.99 next week I will be extremely happy because that combined with the $15 shadow of the damned coupon will equal $5 Alice for me. :D

You are amazing Josh.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']I went to K-Mart today to use my 20$ coupon, but I could not get the game because IT WAS ONE fuckING CENT UNDER 20.00. I will never, EVER shop at K-Mart again. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Can I have your coupon?

Kmart fails again. First, no one available to even help, after multiple calls finally someone comes back to help and they don't have the keys to open the case for their TWO copies and they can't find the person who has them. Then the coupon doesn't print and they tell us to return it and come back tomorrow. Where else do they have you do all this? So, now I guess no Father's Day gift for me...

Went to Farmingville, NY K-Mart and Bohemia, NY K-Mart. Both were pretty much same story. No games in case, employees told me that game was coming out Tuesday. Wouldn't check the back. Not gonna bother going to a K-Mart for a Sunday release again.

Went to Kmart, didn't see the game out. Figured it was a lost cause. Went to walmart, they didn't even have the game and gave me a run around about how it shows it's out here but he can't find it. I decide to call over to kmart, to check if maybe it was in the back. He says they have it. So I go over there, find it and get the guy to get it out. He has no idea about the 15 dollar coupon because it's not in the ad. Anyway it printed out so it's all good. All in all I'm happy I decided to go back to Kmart. As always local employees and Kmarts are usually hit or miss, but atleast Josh is making progress. Slowly but surely it's getting better.

I wonder if having the UPCs or KSNs of major releases early on would be helpful. I believe every register in most Kmarts are supposed to have an inventory tool available. If people could bring the codes with them, the associate could punch it into their register and at least confirm that there are 0 on hand. If there are some supposedly in the store, it would be possible that they were sitting back in the receiving area and nobody had checked them in. (Although good luck finding someone who knows how to do that on a Sunday.)

Edit: Not that it'd be helpful now, but here it is in case anyone else is still looking today: 045496741556 KSN is some sort of proprietary code to Kmart, so I don't know how to find that.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']I went to K-Mart today to use my 20$ coupon, but I could not get the game because IT WAS ONE fuckING CENT UNDER 20.00. I will never, EVER shop at K-Mart again. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

lol these kinds of posts can't be real, right? No way someone is this dumb and irrational?

trolls or just people being jerks? Who knows?

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']
He has no idea about the 15 dollar coupon because it's not in the ad. Anyway it printed out so it's all good.
[/QUOTE]

It bears repeating. It's generally best not to ask about a coupon offer before they ring up the game. They don't have to do anything fancy to make it happen, so there's no positive reason to ask. Contrarily, there have been reported cases where the cashier ends up arguing with the customer over supposed attempted defrauding of the company or some similar insufferable nonsense.

Have them ring up the item, make sure they've scanned your card (or taken the phone number, etc.), look at the total to see if any applicable discounts were applied and ask NOW if they haven't, offer your coupons for use, complete purchase with SYWR points and/or money, and make sure they hand you everything that prints out. If at that time there is no coupon, this is the time to ask, to insist, see customer service if needed (Some people get the coupon value deducted from the sale, score!), and if all else fails, email the receipt to Josh for compensation via snail mail.

Also, noted here since people have been reporting problems, I just successfully registered Zelda with Club Nintendo. The screen for the CD offer came up, I clicked through, selected my stored address, and have a confirmation number. They'll start shipping them July 5.

I went to the K-Mart here in Montgomery, IL. Needless to say, it was a huge waste of time and a rather awful experience. Generally, it takes me 15 minutes to find someone to help me in the electronics department in this location. Also, it's about 20 minutes from where I live so I try to refrain from going unless its a good deal.

I went in this morning around 11:15 AM. I tried calling ahead TWICE to see if the game was out on the shelves and in stock. However, no one ever answered the phone in the electronics department (go figure.) So I head over there and there is a girl price scanning items. I asked her politely if they had OOT in stock because I couldnt see it.

Of course, she said "new games come out on Tuesdays" so I explained how it was different in this case and it was certainly out today. She then seemed rather unenthusiastic to help me and said that only her manager (manager of electronics) could help and she was on her lunch. She said she would be back in 20 minutes so I went and got gas, cleaned my car. I called the department AGAIN and waited for 5 minutes for an answer...no one does.

I go into the store, attempt to find the manager and she still isn't back. So I had to go to gamestop and purchase two titles for myself and my brother. After this, I cannot see why I would ever go back. I'm a bit dissapointed and will probably be contacting corporate.

I went to my local Kmart as soon as they opened this morning (Govenor's Square, Delaware). It took them about 20 minutes to find the one box that containted Zelda that was in the back room but it all worked out (used my LA Noire $20 GC and got the $15 GC to print out).

No go for Zelda at store 4034 in Mattydale, NY. At the least, the girl in electronics did check a couple of places in the back room. I guess I'll have to try the other one in my area tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']lol these kinds of posts can't be real, right? No way someone is this dumb and irrational?

trolls or just people being jerks? Who knows?[/QUOTE]

Nope. People are that dumb.

well it is somewhat comforting that it's not just the K-marts in my area that suck. I love the deals but it is no fun driving and there is no game to be found.

[quote name='DPsycho']Went to the Des Plaines, IL KMart ten minutes past opening and was ultimately told that they didn't have Zelda yet.

After taking care of the rest of my errands, I made the trek to the Bloomingdale, IL location (3914) and got there at a quarter past two. They had copies on the shelf and a sign for the promotion. Coupon printed fine.

Knowledge is power. The fact that coupons don't work on items less than the value of the coupon is made public in several places, particularly the first page of this thread and the very coupon you're now claiming you'll never go back to use. Next time, make yourself aware of the stipulations before you blow a gasket, and consider adding another cheap gaming item to your purchase.[/QUOTE]

That did not work. It did not work with the 2 year warranty, and it did not work when I grabbed Syphon Filter: Dark Miror for 9.99..

[quote name='OnettHero']I will NEVER understand why something as basic as having a game for sale on release day is such a widespread and hopeless fail at kmart.

Is there no management involvement? Is ther zero accountability? How it continues week after week at so many locations is beyond me.[/QUOTE]
Just my idle speculation, but it has to be a disconnect between store management and the rest of the chain of authority. Store managers just don't seem to be held liable by their bosses for poor performance or customer service, so why should they bother putting in the extra time and effort when no one's going to punish them if they don't? I can't imagine performance would be so mediocre if there were stronger incentives to do well.

But just imagine how much better service would suddenly improve if managers at the problem stores had to fix the issues Josh receives from their customers or lose their job.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure what else to say..........sorry for the continued ineptitude, sorry for the lack of care for you as a consumer......how many times can I say that before even those words sound hollow.

I am working in taking this whole project online.[/QUOTE]
It's not your fault, man. I know you're apologizing to express your empathy with the bad end of the stick we as consumers can get at the store level, but to be honest, I feel bad you even have to do that. Someone at Sears Holding Corp is incompetently managing stores, hiring managers, driving customer service, etc. Their inability to deliver shouldn't be your problem, but they're making it yours, and that's a pretty shitty deal to get left with. You're performing the roles of corporate buyer and CS rep, and I don't know how in the world you manage it without burning out. You certainly earned the business and respect of a lot of CAGs, myself included, by doing so.

I could rant for paragraphs about how all the varying levels of management responsible for store operations should be seriously examined for their competency in their job, but I'd rather just close by saying that you should, for now, not worry about anything going wrong right now, and be with your family and enjoy Father's Day and your vacation. This can wait for another day; time with your family, that's irreplaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back