Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']I'm really enjoying Alice so far. The combat is pretty simple but the art is so nice.[/QUOTE]

Are there any games you would compare this to? I never played the first game, but I've always been intrigued by everything Wonderland. I'm thinking of getting it next week with my remaining SYWR points, so it would only cost me $25.

Just had my first bad K-mart experience.

I decided at the last minute to go ahead and get OoT now instead of later for the soundtrack, but it turns out kmart.com's store locator listed incorrect times for my store. It claimed it was 24hr, when it was really 8AM-10PM. No code for me :(

[quote name='dino88']Are there any games you would compare this to? I never played the first game, but I've always been intrigued by everything Wonderland. I'm thinking of getting it next week with my remaining SYWR points, so it would only cost me $25.[/QUOTE]

It really isn't like anything I've played before - style wise. I'm not that far in and it's not an intense action game or anything. The most enemies I've encountered at one time is like 5. It's just a very well done, artistic platform/puzzler. I think there are 6 LONG LONG chapters.

The camera is a little wonky at times but isn't a deal breaker. Someone earlier mentioned that this is what Epic Mickey should've been. And I agree. There's not a lot of gore but it's a little too twisted and dark for Disney.

If you're looking for Devil May Cry/ Bayonetta (both of which I love), stay far away. But I like it for the "that's pretty nifty" moments. And so far the story is intriguing.

Btw, I gotta admit I got really bored with LA Noire and abandoned it. I think Alice and Shadows of the Damned are gonna keep me occupied for a few weeks.

[quote name='confoosious']It really isn't like anything I've played before - style wise. I'm not that far in and it's not an intense action game or anything. The most enemies I've encountered at one time is like 5. It's just a very well done, artistic platform/puzzler. I think there are 6 LONG LONG chapters.

The camera is a little wonky at times but isn't a deal breaker. Someone earlier mentioned that this is what Epic Mickey should've been. And I agree. There's not a lot of gore but it's a little too twisted and dark for Disney.

If you're looking for Devil May Cry/ Bayonetta (both of which I love), stay far away. But I like it for the "that's pretty nifty" moments. And so far the story is intriguing.

Btw, I gotta admit I got really bored with LA Noire and abandoned it. I think Alice and Shadows of the Damned are gonna keep me occupied for a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

That sounds good to me. I'm wanting something new to play and need a change of pace from LA Noire. I was thinking about renting Duke Nukem from Redbox tomorrow just to see how bad it really is.

Thanks

I'm not bored with L.A. Noire, but I haven't been playing it lately due to frustration with trying to maintain positive statistics (e.g. resetting the game whenever I happen to run over a pedestrian by accident, or accidentally falling to my death during a random chase).

I'm into NHL 11 and MLB 11 The Show now for some reason. But I absolutely suck at both of those games, or all sports games for that matter.

[quote name='sadboy']I'm not bored with L.A. Noire, but I haven't been playing it lately due to frustration with trying to maintain positive statistics (e.g. resetting the game whenever I happen to run over a pedestrian by accident, or accidentally falling to my death during a random chase).[/QUOTE]
The way dying works in that game can be really weird. So far as I've worked out, somebody dies if the ragdoll physics kick in and they're unable to get back up within a set time limit. I didn't even know it was possible to kill your partner until I hit him with the car, and he ended up not being able to exit ragdoll physics and stand up, so he died.

Similarly, I got tapped by a cab when trying to enter my car and fell down between the cab and the car I was getting into. There wasn't enough room for Phelps to get back up, so he rested against the car, the screen kept getting more and more red until I died and failed the case.

[quote name='martinez91']He's on vacation, give him a few days[/QUOTE]

Not Josh, I emailed the helpline. But I guess Jim isn't in that department anymore..

Thanks for the Zelda deal, Josh. Wasn't planning on getting in on it until a few hours ago.

Pretty painless as there were four copies on the top shelf at store #3435, but did have to wait a few minutes for the worker to show up. Nothing bad. Used the 20cpn from Infamous2 and got the $15 Zelda coupon in return.

Also registered the Zelda copy for the Zelda soundtrack. Don't know if it'll help you in your cause Josh, but listed the Kmart offer as the reason for purchase, which is true since I wasn't going to pay full price for a game I have on the N64 & GC.

SIDENOTE--pm me any responses to the following:
Anyone get the Hanafuda cards from the Club Nintendo rewards? I have some points that will expire if I don't use them and thinking of grabbing the cards. Wondering if they are solid quality or flimsy.

I always mention the KMart promotions in the Club Nintendo surveys as well. They are a significant part of my purchasing decisions,
and I figure companies should know as much. (I spent my expiring coins on the Blooper fan.)

Anyone else expecting Shadows of the Damned to have a price drop sooner rather than later? It just seems like the type of game that's gonna sell horribly but have a pretty significant cult following.

[quote name='TraBuch']Anyone else expecting Shadows of the Damned to have a price drop sooner rather than later? It just seems like the type of game that's gonna sell horribly but have a pretty significant cult following.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it'll probably drop pretty quick especially since there isn't much replay value. I'll probably still go ahead and buy it new though to support Kmart and the game devs for doing something a little different.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']
Similarly, I got tapped by a cab when trying to enter my car and fell down between the cab and the car I was getting into. There wasn't enough room for Phelps to get back up, so he rested against the car, the screen kept getting more and more red until I died and failed the case.[/QUOTE]

the same thing happened to me as i was trying to get out of my car - i thought it was the funniest thing i've ever seen in a game.

The driver just parked there, pinning phelps between his car and the cop car.. lol.

[quote name='TraBuch']Anyone else expecting Shadows of the Damned to have a price drop sooner rather than later? It just seems like the type of game that's gonna sell horribly but have a pretty significant cult following.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be a Suda 51 game, otherwise.

Vids that I've seen of the game make me think it's a mashup of Resident Evil and Shadow Man, which sounds awesome. Concerned though by what seems to be a stealth launch. I haven't seen one piece of advertising for it. Really odd since you have Suda and Mikami behind the game.

[quote name='rbarba4']Wouldn't be a Suda 51 game, otherwise.

Vids that I've seen of the game make me think it's a mashup of Resident Evil and Shadow Man, which sounds awesome. Concerned though by what seems to be a stealth launch. I haven't seen one piece of advertising for it. Really odd since you have Suda and Mikami behind the game.[/QUOTE]
I just hope every K-mart has this. I am worried since it is a stealth launch. Either way, going after work.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I just hope every K-mart has this. I am worried since it is a stealth launch. Either way, going after work.[/QUOTE]

I'm more confident that they'll have it than I am that anyone will be able to find it. It seems like there are two people who cover electronics that know what's up - I'm hoping one of them is there today.

[quote name='BrandonJF']I'm more confident that they'll have it than I am that anyone will be able to find it. It seems like there are two people who cover electronics that know what's up - I'm hoping one of them is there today.[/QUOTE]
I know the feeling. The one close to my work has been good with Tuesday releases, just not Sunday ones or PSN cards :lol:.

Shadows of the Damned actually looks and sounds really cool artistically, but the actual graphics seem so dated to me. I will get it eventually. I also beleive it will drop like a rock in price though and I have a huge backlog still thanks to CAG.

And yes, LA Noire bored me to tears.

Well, no go for me. The guy working there is saying that there is some kid who shows up early in the morning every week and buys a ton of stuff and he bought every copy of Shadows of the Damned. I'm trying to imagine the amount of work that would go into buying out everything and constantly recycling coupons, then re-selling on Ebay (unless he's doing mass pickups for friends). Of course, if that's the case, then why are there still copies of Transformers (which I used my coupons on and will just return the one I bought at Target on Sunday to Target)? And last week I had no problem getting Duke Nukem Forever and Child of Eden... actually, every new release game was there last week later in the day.... maybe the kid is thinking Shadows of the Damned is really going to be sellable... Makes no sense.

But, if I'm adding this kid into the mix, there's really no point in me trying to take advantage of these deals any longer (not that I was anyway - I'll use the $15 coupon from Transformers and be out).

The one thing that maybe this kid has going for him - and I thought this was not the case - is that you can return the games and keep the coupons. So, maybe they had 4 copies of Shadows of the Damned, he gets 4 coupons, then returns 3 of them. Or does that not always work? This thread had always made it sound like if you return a game that came with a gaming coupon, you would only get credited back the price of the game minus the coupon amount OR you'd have to surrender the coupon to get the full refund. I returned Alice last week and tried to surrender the coupon. The customer service employee told me I could keep it. I told her that it wasn't going to refund me the entire amount if I kept it. She processed it to see what would happen and it did refund me the entire amount and she gave me the coupon back and told me to keep it. I was more than happy to do so, of course (I mean, I'm not gonna feel too guilty if I tried to give it back and they tell me to keep it), and that certainly made up for some of the issues I had. But, I was pretty surprised that exploit is there for those who would take advantage of it.... maybe this was just some one-off fluke....

[quote name='BrandonJF']Well, no go for me. The guy working there is saying that there is some kid who shows up early in the morning every week and buys a ton of stuff and he bought every copy of Shadows of the Damned. I'm trying to imagine the amount of work that would go into buying out everything and constantly recycling coupons, then re-selling on Ebay (unless he's doing mass pickups for friends). Of course, if that's the case, then why are there still copies of Transformers (which I used my coupons on and will just return the one I bought at Target on Sunday to Target)? And last week I had no problem getting Duke Nukem Forever and Child of Eden... actually, every new release game was there last week later in the day.... maybe the kid is thinking Shadows of the Damned is really going to be sellable... Makes no sense.

But, if I'm adding this kid into the mix, there's really no point in me trying to take advantage of these deals any longer (not that I was anyway - I'll use the $15 coupon from Transformers and be out).

The one thing that maybe this kid has going for him - and I thought this was not the case - is that you can return the games and keep the coupons. So, maybe they had 4 copies of Shadows of the Damned, he gets 4 coupons, then returns 3 of them. Or does that not always work? This thread had always made it sound like if you return a game that came with a gaming coupon, you would only get credited back the price of the game minus the coupon amount OR you'd have to surrender the coupon to get the full refund. I returned Alice last week and tried to surrender the coupon. The customer service employee told me I could keep it. I told her that it wasn't going to refund me the entire amount if I kept it. She processed it to see what would happen and it did refund me the entire amount and she gave me the coupon back and told me to keep it. I was more than happy to do so, of course (I mean, I'm not gonna feel too guilty if I tried to give it back and they tell me to keep it), and that certainly made up for some of the issues I had. But, I was pretty surprised that exploit is there for those who would take advantage of it.... maybe this was just some one-off fluke....[/QUOTE]

It will void the coupon once it is returned. Plus there is a limit of 2 per deal per SYWR account so he would have at least a couple cards in order to do this...

[quote name='wrencrest']Shadows of the Damned actually looks and sounds really cool artistically, but the actual graphics seem so dated to me. I will get it eventually. I also beleive it will drop like a rock in price though and I have a huge backlog still thanks to CAG.

And yes, LA Noire bored me to tears.[/QUOTE]
I think it's going to turn out like every Suda 51 game. Turn out brilliant to that niche audience, but sell crap outside of it which means a huge drop in price fast.

I am just really shocked no advertising for this game, because it's style is something that is rare nowadays, it has the guy who did RE4 on board, and EA is publishing it.

[quote name='martinez91']It will void the coupon once it is returned. Plus there is a limit of 2 per deal per SYWR account so he would have at least a couple cards in order to do this...[/QUOTE]

It didn't void the coupon they told me to keep when I returned Alice. I just used it.

[quote name='BrandonJF']It didn't void the coupon they told me to keep when I returned Alice. I just used it.[/QUOTE]
Did they give you full price for your Alice return? If so you're going to get your account flagged for shit like that.

I was wondering if K mart will carry Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. I have like 30 dollars worth of coupon I don't even know what to use it for.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Did they give you full price for your Alice return? If so you're going to get your account flagged for shit like that.[/QUOTE]

This will happen. Josh said once they added the requirement of the SYWR card they've been able to track people who redeem more coupons than they earn (once you do a return you un-earn it) and they will ban these accounts...

[quote name='jc48573']I was wondering if K mart will carry Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. I have like 30 dollars worth of coupon I don't even know what to use it for.[/QUOTE]

No they aren't getting it.

[quote name='jc48573']I was wondering if K mart will carry Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. I have like 30 dollars worth of coupon I don't even know what to use it for.[/QUOTE]

No, there is too much SSF4 stock left

[quote name='BrandonJF']It didn't void the coupon they told me to keep when I returned Alice. I just used it.[/QUOTE]
its suppose to void the coupon, I think Josh said that they are keeping track of returns also and they may ban your account if they see fraud. Did they tell you to keep it? You say yes, did they tell you to use it? Probably not. Also it defeats the purpose of Kmart selling the games for them if you just return it after you buy it. They then lose money when you use the coupon. I for one want the coupons to continue, so please don't return the game and if you do it stop telling us your doing it. Makes you look like a douche.

Picked up :360: Shadows of the Damned and the coupon printed fine. Thought they didn't have it at first but since I saw today's other releases in the case, I kept looking and found 2 copies bookended.

Now to decide if I want to get Fear 3 or wait since the TRU deal is over.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Did they give you full price for your Alice return? If so you're going to get your account flagged for shit like that.[/QUOTE]

That's ok with me if my SYWR gets flagged because I redeemed an extra coupon, since I'll probably never use it again anyway.

Look, I was totally honest and upfront about the whole thing and went out of my way to try and return the coupon. I had zero intention of keeping the coupon when I went to do the return. When the store employees are insisting I can keep it when I try to surrender it, I'm not going to fight them and refuse to take the $15 off when they are telling me it's ok to do so. If the store doesn't care, I'm fine with it. I was surprised that they were telling me to keep the coupon, but it works for me.

[quote name='stickyfeet']its suppose to void the coupon, I think Josh said that they are keeping track of returns also and they may ban your account if they see fraud. Did they tell you to keep it? You say yes, did they tell you to use it? Probably not. Also it defeats the purpose of Kmart selling the games for them if you just return it after you buy it. They then lose money when you use the coupon. I for one want the coupons to continue, so please don't return the game and if you do it stop telling us your doing it. Makes you look like a douche.[/QUOTE]

I only mentioned it because I was surprised this was allowed and was wondering if that's why they have some kid buying out stock of games. Plus, I wasn't trying to pull any scam and have nothing to hide. If Josh wants to ban my SYWR account because the store refused to take the coupon and allowed me to use it, I will save him the trouble of having to look it up and send him the account info

And, give me a break - they told me to keep it, but you think they meant to keep it, but please don't use it? Now who looks like a douche?

So, how many of you who attempt to return the coupon (TWICE!) and are told to keep it, thereby given permission by an employee of the store to use it are going to wad it up and throw it away? Give me a break. I felt no guilt - I did my best to return it, they let me use it. After all the hassle I've gone through at K-Mart, all I can say is "thanks".

[quote name='BrandonJF']Look, I was totally honest and upfront about the whole thing and went out of my way to try and return the coupon.[/QUOTE]
I don't think you're a scammer. But, I'm curious about how you were able to use the coupon. I never had the luxury to use any coupons (thus, see if they were indeed voided) after returning a game, because I always surrendered them.

The days off to a great start. Went to K-mart, grabbed Dungeon Seige and Shadow of the Damned from a box, used my Infamous 2 coupon, and got two $15 coupons in return (which I plan on using on the Alice deal).

You are doing a great job Josh. Enjoy your vacation (you definitely deserve it).

[quote name='sadboy']I don't think you're a scammer. But, I'm curious about how you were able to use the coupon. I never had the luxury to use any coupons (thus, see if they were indeed voided) after returning a game, because I always surrendered them.[/QUOTE]

I had just used it with a couple of others I had. I was half-expecting there to be a problem using it since the CS person's insistence that I could keep it seemed odd to me. Although, I haven't really checked to see that my credit card was really credited for the full amount when I did the return, but the register showed that it had been.

It sounds like someone said that they changed how this worked since the coupons now require a SYWR card, so maybe they stopped forcing people to surrender the coupon. Seems kinda weird if the goal is to stop abuse after it occurs... Again, I only brought it up because I was confused as to why someone bought out the store's stock of Shadows of the Damned (plus, the employee said that same kid spends "thousands"... I can't imagine he's just making that much profit thanks to the coupons alone).

Went to get Dungeon Siege, and neither it nor Shadows of the Damned were available. Worse yet, F3ar was out, so somebody did actually put some new stuff out today. Since none of the games are in the ad anyway, it makes it difficult to explain to non-caring associates that so and so game did, in fact, come out this week, but isn't in the case along with another new game that is. Sigh, this is one of the worst weeks at my store ever.

Nice to see the kmart I get my stuff from, got rid of the glass cases. A very neat uncluttered game display now. No need to hunt down an employee and get what I want.

Last week's deal for Alice: Madness Returns is over, but then there is something else that says "post launch offer planned".

I assume it means that another deal will be coming for that game, so stay tuned?

[quote name='DrAndonuts']Didn't get a coupon with Shadow of the Damned :([/QUOTE]

You have to use a shop your way rewards account with purchase to receive the coupons.

Went to pick up Shadows of the Damned and no new games were put out. I asked about it and the employee told me to check back tomorrow.

Also looked to see if there were any copies of Alice -- had planned to take advantage of the upcoming deal. There were none. *sad face* I e-mailed Stock Boy. Hope he can do something for me.

Does anyone know if Alice will also be an online deal as well? I don't mind buying it online for $35. I know Tomb Raider Anniversary was.

Can't wait, only a hour and 40 minutes till I go test my luck with K-mart. It's not really a problem if I have to check back a few times since it''s on my drive home, but I hope they are as reliable as they were in the past.

[quote name='jer7583']You have to use a shop your way rewards account with purchase to receive the coupons.[/QUOTE]

I did. Used a previous coupon on the purchase too.

[quote name='DrAndonuts']I did. Used a previous coupon on the purchase too.[/QUOTE]

Did you ask the cashier about it? they should have given you a gift card or something at customer service.

Otherwise email josh with a copy of your receipt and he will reimburse you the value of the coupon fairly quickly.

[quote name='LordFlux']Went to pick up Shadows of the Damned and no new games were put out. I asked about it and the employee told me to check back tomorrow.

Also looked to see if there were any copies of Alice -- had planned to take advantage of the upcoming deal. There were none. *sad face* I e-mailed Stock Boy. Hope he can do something for me.[/QUOTE]

I went for Dungeon Siege III and none out on the shelf. I already snagged Shadows of The Damned at gamestop earlier in the morning anticipating this. Guess I will either trade some stuff into gamestop or wait a few more days for my K-Mart to get DS III on the shelf.

[quote name='Br4inDead']Nice to see the kmart I get my stuff from, got rid of the glass cases. A very neat uncluttered game display now. No need to hunt down an employee and get what I want.[/QUOTE]

How did it look? Were they in plastic cases?

My KMarts are among the test areas, and yes, most newer games (the ones that would have been behind glass) are in individual cases. Those that had already been loose on the shelves are still.

I'm not sure I'd buy the story about a kid grabbing all the new release games, but if your return fraud theory is correct, you can ask about it when there are suddenly several copies back on the shelf the same day the next big thing releases.

[quote name='jer7583']Did you ask the cashier about it? they should have given you a gift card or something at customer service.
.[/QUOTE]

Is this a new thing? I never knew i could do that, the only time i tried CS they wouldn't even check their own site, they just said no.

Any word on the Black Ops LE deal? I'm wondering if I should just go to TRU and buy the game there with the current deal going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back