Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Yeah I heard No Heroes Paradise has the bosses or something like that from the second Wii game. Also, I'm guessing Playstation Move is required since the Wii games used the Wiimote.

[/QUOTE]
Move is not required but makes this game a hell of a lot less tedious. Every finishing move requies to press the right thumbstick in some direction super fast and shaking the Wiimote/Move is much easier, faster and less painless.

^Yeah, learning that Move wasn't required got me thinking that you would be using the Six Axis portion of the Dual Shock 3. I guess I'll have to get PS Move if I decide to jump on this deal.

[quote name='foinecrewx']What is the deal for this week !!? Josh pls update for us SOON !![/QUOTE]
Not a lot going on this week. Resident Evil Mercenaries for 3DS is on a save $10.Rayman, Lego Pirates, Ghost Recon, Transformers, 3DS are also $10 off.

June was not the month where sales (I was actually fine with how the deals stacked up) were impacted by me being away, it is July that has to be caught up on.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Look at this. Three exclamation points. Three! How in the world do you have so much energy and enthusiasm? Tell me your secrets.[/QUOTE]
Just happy to not be moving any longer. This weekend was killer.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']
No, Kmart has no plans to stock a AAA title this fall.

In seriousness, this is not an obscure title at all --- why would you think Kmart wouldn't get it?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be all that surprised if they passed on it due to having "too much stock of older Ratchet and Clank games."

[quote name='cheesebu']I wouldn't be all that surprised if they passed on it due to having "too much stock of older Ratchet and Clank games."[/QUOTE]
We will carry it.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']When it came out, Josh gave a 30$ Coupon with Apache: Air Assault, making it... $20.[/QUOTE]
Apache will be $19.99 in two weeks.

Hey Josh any upcoming deals on Dungeon Siege? Im gonna use my ten dollar off coupon on it if a deal isn't coming soon.

[quote name='harveyiscool']A lot of people are off the coupon train, I wonder why that is....Come on Kmart, impress me with some kind of deal![/QUOTE]
It's like the June deal recap article ceased to exist...... :) Multiple $20 coups and hardware offers that were very good.

July will have to be caught up on, very behind. I was able to line up the Take Two games for next week this morning.

[quote name='gloveslap415']In a way, he's kinda half right but poorly worded. The conceptual metaphors that dictate worldviews can be incommensurable with each other to the point that rational debate is futile. Internal logics may be consistent, but the metaphors that people live by are incompatible and no amount of argument will make either side a winner. (Cf. Lakoff: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/467716.html) It's really cool stuff so I thought I'd share.

Back on topic, just got off the coupon train and it's gonna be a LONG wait until Battlefield 3.[/QUOTE]
weltanschauung

[quote name='Fabs']Hey Josh any upcoming deals on Dungeon Siege? Im gonna use my ten dollar off coupon on it if a deal isn't coming soon.[/QUOTE]
Nothing planned, would really like to hit it though. I will try.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']You guys failed to notice that I said "on a scale of 6 to 10". It is official unofficial practice that girls should always be rated on a 5 point scale that SOUNDS like a 10-point scale so as not to hurt feelings. That way, if a girl asks you how she rates, you can give an honest answer and she'll be none the wiser. A 6 is a girl that you'd say no way, not ever, not even for any amount of money. A 7 is a girl you'd ONLY do if a suitable amount of money were involved. An 8 is an attractive girl who you'd be willing to take home for the night, but only if there are no 9s around. A 9 is a smokin' hottie who everyone always hits on. And the extremely elusive 10 is a girl so hot that you can hardly talk straight and you'd do things that you'd never considered doing before to get a girl home. I've only seen two 10s with my own eyes in my entire life. I try to stick to 9s as much as possible.

As for Tina Fey, yes i based it on some video clips and several hundred photos from google search. I'd never heard of her otherwise. I don't watch TV, and all the clips of SNL that I've ever been subjected to by other people, have not been in the slightest bit funny. And personality is only important for relationships, not hotness. I can't have relationships, they never work out because I'm too eccentric.

It wasn't an error... Josh initially loaded all the last batch of clearance drops as a "sale event" within the computer system in order to ensure that we could all get them at the correct price, without all the scores of customer issues he had to deal with from the last round of price drops. After a while, the programmed "sale" expired from the system, at which point the individual stores were then responsible for processing the markdowns through their normal (and broken highly ineffective) process.

Lack of deals this week is a-okay by me, I'm broke from buying a brand new car AND purchasing a trip to Chicago AND paying the rent this week, LOL. Except for squeaking out a few bucks for amazing Steam deals though... ;)[/QUOTE]
I feel bad I missed this whole train of thought. Not that I want it to start again, but I have enjoyed the back and forth :)

[quote name='DPsycho']Give Josh time. Maybe something came up. I hope not, what with all else he's been through lately, but surely we can be patient for an update.[/QUOTE]
I was moving this weekend to Michigan from Chicago to help my family out. I am telecommuting half the week in Chi-Town than driving back to work the rest of the week from MI.

Just didn't want to see the home get taken away from my siblings/mother. I've been busy setting up my office space etc.

Bit of a bummer that July is going to be a slow deals month since I've got a $60 gaming coupon from the purchase of a 4GB Slim that expires the end of this month. What can ya do? Kmart overall has become a fantastic gaming option. There will be more deals.

One question I have (and maybe it's been raised in past pages) but it seems like Kmart tends to be a little slow in dropping the prices of older games. Am I correct in that observation, or has it just been a long time since I bought games at a B&M and didn't notice others doing the same?

[quote name='MistaBones']This. I hate to criticize, but what exactly has been going on with the lack of deal-updating lately? Last year, I had all my K-Mart purchases planned out and was in the place spending money (sometimes much more than I wanted to) every week. Lately, it seems like its pulling teeth just to find out exactly what is on sale.

While I don't agree with it, I do see why some may think the deals need to be hidden and given out on short notice. Amazon and others will do what they will regardless, but I can understand it. But this is Sunday, the day that new sales go live, and I haven't seen any mention of sales, aside from Stockboy letting slip the RE 3DS deal fifteen or so pages back. Even the almighty blog hasn't been updated.[/QUOTE]
............there is no blog sale this week to announce.

Working to catch up on some offers as soon as we can.

[quote name='bobphone']Better not tell us the deals that are currently active. Amazon might copy them.[/QUOTE]
Respectfully, whether or not a deal is updated or not may have reasons either personal or professional that I may not have the ability to discuss on a forum. Could be publishers who don't want it out, my leadership internally, or even that I just didn't have the time to if I have other matters that need attending to.

Every offer that has been finalized has been posted.

[quote name='berzirk']Bit of a bummer that July is going to be a slow deals month since I've got a $60 gaming coupon from the purchase of a 4GB Slim that expires the end of this month. What can ya do? Kmart overall has become a fantastic gaming option. There will be more deals.

One question I have (and maybe it's been raised in past pages) but it seems like Kmart tends to be a little slow in dropping the prices of older games. Am I correct in that observation, or has it just been a long time since I bought games at a B&M and didn't notice others doing the same?[/QUOTE]
We drop MSRP consistently with every other retailer. Some stores are better at stickering product correctly than others. Also, we were slow in clearing out other titles for budgetary reasons but I see that changing now and this fall.

Hey Josh, does K-mart have plans to carry the 3DS eShop Cards?

I know my local K doesn't have them but I didn't know if that's the case store wide. I'd be all over a deal similar PSN Card you had way back when, especially since Nintendo doesn't put stuff on sale on any of their download services.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']Hey Josh, does K-mart have plans to carry the 3DS eShop Cards?

I know my local K doesn't have them but I didn't know if that's the case store wide. I'd be all over a deal similar PSN Card you had way back when, especially since Nintendo doesn't put stuff on sale on any of their download services.[/QUOTE]
Still working on the timing on these guys, hopefully soon.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I was moving this weekend to Michigan from Chicago to help my family out. I am telecommuting half the week in Chi-Town than driving back to work the rest of the week from MI.

Just didn't want to see the home get taken away from my siblings/mother. I've been busy setting up my office space etc.[/QUOTE]

You just amaze me every day. You are one of the hardest working people I have seen, and seriously you deserve all the praise and awards you can get.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I was moving this weekend to Michigan from Chicago to help my family out. I am telecommuting half the week in Chi-Town than driving back to work the rest of the week from MI.

Just didn't want to see the home get taken away from my siblings/mother. I've been busy setting up my office space etc.[/QUOTE]

Don't want to be a creeper or anything, but where in Michigan may I ask?

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Don't want to be a creeper or anything, but where in Michigan may I ask?[/QUOTE]
No worries, Troy, MI.

Hey Josh not sure if you saw my question but the new Ratchet and Clank game comes out 10/18, was wondering if Kmart will be carrying this title and will there be a coupon offer on it?

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Hey Josh not sure if you saw my question but the new Ratchet and Clank game comes out 10/18, was wondering if Kmart will be carrying this title and will there be a coupon offer on it?[/QUOTE]

Hey cardsharkrob, not sure if you have time to look for a response before asking again but in post #3301, Josh already said K-Mart will be carrying it. He did not say if there is a coupon offer on it but most newly released games get some love.

Honestly Iron Claw all I did was look for him quoting my message so i can find it much faster that way. I didn't see that so, wasn't sure if he replied.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Don't want to be a creeper or anything, but where in Michigan may I ask?[/QUOTE]
I'm a little creeped out by that weird time warp. (gulp)

[quote name='Greyline108']Is there any chance for another sale on Shadows of the Damned any time soon?[/QUOTE]
Yes actually, timing for July is all up in the air. Hopefully I can get it settled by the end of the week a little bit better.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes actually, timing for July is all up in the air. Hopefully I can get it settled by the end of the week a little bit better.[/QUOTE]

Awesome to hear. Thanks for the response and all the hard work!

$29.99 for SoTd and I will bite!

Will K-Mart be getting Otomedius? If so, will there be a deal? It seems like with some of these niche games, if K-Mart has a sale, it would be sure to grab sales for people wanting it.

Hey Josh welcome back! I look foward to more deals in the future, but I do have a question regarding the clearance or bargain bin prices posted on the first page of this post. Are those prices current as of today and should be honored? I went to my local Kmart and did some bargain bin diving and some games did not ring up as refernced in the post. Just trying to obtain clarification on that.
Thanx!

[quote name='jkircos']Josh, any plans for Child of Eden to go on sale for $30 like the other stores?[/QUOTE]

Isn't Gamestop the only store that has had Child of Eden for $30?

[quote name='AJVtony831']Isn't Gamestop the only store that has had Child of Eden for $30?[/QUOTE]

You are right, I was thinking Best Buy had it for that, but its the buy 1 get 1 kinect deal.

[quote name='cheddarisbetter']Hey Josh welcome back! I look foward to more deals in the future, but I do have a question regarding the clearance or bargain bin prices posted on the first page of this post. Are those prices current as of today and should be honored? I went to my local Kmart and did some bargain bin diving and some games did not ring up as refernced in the post. Just trying to obtain clarification on that.
Thanx![/QUOTE]
Any location that has not activated their clearance would in fact be red flagged. Please shoot me any title (please include the UPC) and we'll follow up with them.

Josh is the email on first page for CE & special inventory requests still the correct one? I thought I remembered Andrew moved to new position and wanted to be sure I was sending to the right person.

Hey Josh, glad to see you back, still full of that signature energy of yours! You are a shining example to us all. :applause:

I hope this doesn't sound pushy to ask: What are the chances, if any, of there being a general coupon deal later this month or during the first week of August? I'd love to continue my coupon train using my $15 coupon from OoT 3D, but I wouldn't be in too bad shape if I had to disembark from it until Deus Ex: HR by settling for a $20 PSN card or discounted game.

[quote name='sageridder']Josh is the email on first page for CE & special inventory requests still the correct one? I thought I remembered Andrew moved to new position and wanted to be sure I was sending to the right person.[/QUOTE]
He should be able to redirect, there hasn't been much CE allocation activity though, I can confirm that.

[quote name='Vigilante']Hey Josh, glad to see you back, still full of that signature energy of yours! You are a shining example to us all. :applause:

I hope this doesn't sound pushy to ask: What are the chances, if any, of there being a general coupon deal later this month or during the first week of August? I'd love to continue my coupon train using my $15 coupon from OoT 3D, but I wouldn't be in too bad shape if I had to disembark from it until Deus Ex: HR by settling for a $20 PSN card or discounted game.[/QUOTE]
Great minds think alike :) I'm trying, I really am. I wanted to hit an offer for next week but am running out of time to get all of the approvals.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Great minds think alike :) I'm trying, I really am. I wanted to hit an offer for next week but am running out of time to get all of the approvals.[/QUOTE]No worries, just the fact that you're hoping to have some kind of deal fills me with anticipation. :bouncy:

So I got a random $10 off $10 or more purchase coupon the other day that runs from the 5th to the
10th. Im thinking I may put this toward one of the 3ds games on sale this week but Ive been waiting for LA Noire to drop as well. Does that sale start on the 10th? If so I should be able to use said $10 coup on it correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back