Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Capcom is pushing it but man do I have a lot of MvC3 in the stores. I really do not want to.

This is the perfect type of .com title that I hope to hit hard once this update goes up. Can't wait for full coupon functionality there.[/QUOTE]

You need to tell capcom that if they want retailers to buy these second version releases (or if they want you to buy any amount of Tekken X Street Fighter) they need to do two things:

1. Allow people who bought MvC3 vanilla to upgrade via DLC like SSF4 to AE.

2. Give you some fat incentives to drop the price on vanilla MvC3 between now and november so that you can move those old copies with a reasonable discount. It would make sense - buy the game for $20 now and the DLC for $20 later instead of waiting for a whole new disc in november.

What they're doing with Ultimate MVC3 makes sense because the game is trash right now and needs attention badly but man, announcing 5 months later without an upgrade option is a real fuck you to people who bought it for $60.

I guess it makes sense financially too - they have a small but very enthusiastic fanbase. I guess it's like paying $10 to see a movie in the theater then buying the $20 blu-ray that has all the deleted scenes and special features. Or like charging $0.50 per play in the arcade and then $50 for a home version. Unfortunately most consumers don't see it that way.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Game returns are 99% a no go and I hate it. When I was in movies, every DVD was returnable which allowed you to take risks and make sure every store was instock as needed. In gaming you have to balance the exit strategy which causes low instocks and shorter life cycles.[/QUOTE]
Ouch, so this explains why a lot of games are either limited quantities or wont be stocked by k-mart and it makes sense. Still sad to see.

[quote name='jer7583']You need to tell capcom that if they want retailers to buy these second version releases (or if they want you to buy any amount of Tekken X Street Fighter) they need to do two things:

1. Allow people who bought MvC3 vanilla to upgrade via DLC like SSF4 to AE.

2. Give you some fat incentives to drop the price on vanilla MvC3 between now and november so that you can move those old copies with a reasonable discount. It would make sense - buy the game for $20 now and the DLC for $20 later instead of waiting for a whole new disc in november.

What they're doing with Ultimate MVC3 makes sense because the game is trash right now and needs attention badly but man, announcing 5 months later without an upgrade option is a real fuck you to people who bought it for $60.

I guess it makes sense financially too - they have a small but very enthusiastic fanbase. I guess it's like paying $10 to see a movie in the theater then buying the $20 blu-ray that has all the deleted scenes and special features. Or like charging $0.50 per play in the arcade and then $50 for a home version. Unfortunately most consumers don't see it that way.[/QUOTE]
Oh I agree. I mean who is going to buy MvC 3 now since the upgrade is coming out in November. It's like every copy is going to rot on store shelves now and places who stocked the game heavily is going to take a hit. I just don't see why they could of offered UMvC3 as both a disk and DLC because I am sure if people could get a copy of MvC3 now for $20-30 and then upgrade for $20-25 they would in a heartbeat. I mean I am fine with UMvC3, but I am not fine with the only option being I need to spend $40 on a new disc when every other game has DLC and expanaions.

It's a lose-lose situation for consumers and retailers.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I can confirm that there is no deal, inventory will not get this into the stores until later in August.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. you saved me a special trip to the store on Tuesday because I probably would have ran in after work.

[quote name='IronClaw']Was it just the Kmart closest to me or was the SYWR system offline for like the entire weekend? Couldn't use any gaming coupons this weekend because of it.[/QUOTE]

i think it was the system? unless u live in the philadelphia area. my kmart's system was down and back up around 3 on saturday at the latest (used my coupon)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Dude, seriously? I'm all about constructive criticism but there is no reason to equate the lull in deals, which I could not have explained more openly, with a "ghetto" feel.

We'll get going again starting 8/7. In the meantime, I am trying to pop in once a day to answer any questions I can see while Stock Boy and I try and line up as many deals as we can to try and catch up.[/QUOTE]

aw. my f3ar coupon ends the 6th which i wanted to use on SCT :(

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Uncharted definitely, I am hoping to get pre order functionality up in time for Dark Souls to get the CE.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShockandAww']Awesome I'd definitely be in for both...can't wait for Uncharted.[/QUOTE]

nice. might have to cancel my uncharted preorder dependin i guess XD maybe same for dark souls

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There are supposed to hit early August from what our vendor is relaying to me.[/QUOTE]

speakin of cards. my kmart apparently got a new stock. all i see now are 1600 , 4000 xbl and $50 psn cards (sadly no 20's but i did pick up a socom bundle and some styluses to replace my missing ones)

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, can I take this as confirmation that there won't be any notable deals next week (7/31-8/6)? I would like to know so I can decide on something on which to use my OoT 3D coupon. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

same

[quote name='Scorch']I wonder why it's taking so long? I picked up a $20 at GS over a month ago.[/QUOTE]

idk, kmart does seem to have problems wit stockin teh cards so maybe this is the same?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Game returns are 99% a no go and I hate it. When I was in movies, every DVD was returnable which allowed you to take risks and make sure every store was instock as needed. In gaming you have to balance the exit strategy which causes low instocks and shorter life cycles.[/QUOTE]

Is there a website that explains the inner workings of game buying? I've learned a lot by reading this thread and I find it very interesting. I didn't realize how clueless I was about the inner workings of the industry until Josh started mentioning things here and there.

To be honest, I'm done w/ Capcom games...

Spend $60 for a new game and a couple months later an upgraded title comes out for $20 cheaper and I'm left twisting in the wind. fuck that man!

Until capcom stops giving the "F##K You" to loyal fans who go out and buy on release day, my solution is to wait until their SF/ MvC/ Tekken games are selling for $10-$15 each a few months after release.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Dude, seriously? I'm all about constructive criticism but there is no reason to equate the lull in deals, which I could not have explained more openly, with a "ghetto" feel.

We'll get going again starting 8/7. In the meantime, I am trying to pop in once a day to answer any questions I can see while Stock Boy and I try and line up as many deals as we can to try and catch up.[/QUOTE]

When there are multiple people in a thread trying to figure out if there is even any deals this week, yea it kinda made me think of my Kmart. Ya know, 5 people walking around looking for someone, anyone who might work there.

If you have no deals, perhaps you just could have written that in your OP? Anyway, good luck with bankruptcy and all that.

[quote name='cheesebu']When there are multiple people in a thread trying to figure out if there is even any deals this week, yea it kinda made me think of my Kmart. Ya know, 5 people walking around looking for someone, anyone who might work there.

If you have no deals, perhaps you just could have written that in your OP? Anyway, good luck with bankruptcy and all that.[/QUOTE]

Jerk

[quote name='cheesebu']When there are multiple people in a thread trying to figure out if there is even any deals this week, yea it kinda made me think of my Kmart. Ya know, 5 people walking around looking for someone, anyone who might work there.

If you have no deals, perhaps you just could have written that in your OP? Anyway, good luck with bankruptcy and all that.[/QUOTE]

Man, you are dumb as fuck. A pretty large douche too.

I remember the last bankruptcy, I was a security guard at the old HQ. It was my job to stack the personal boxes the night before for people to use when they were let go. There is nothing lucky about any situation like that.

Thanks for the input. I agree with you which is why I put it in the OP this morning and mentioned it a few times last week.

Either way, I do not want to get in an argument on why something is posted or not posted. All I can say is that I am here on my own accord because I really enjoy CAG. If there is something going on in my life that causes the thread not to be updated before Sunday I'm sorry but I'm definitely doing the best I can.

Can a mod please ban this stupid monkey?

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Can a mod please ban this stupid monkey?[/QUOTE]
Ditto. Josh is a well informed citizen of the CAG community, not someone being paid to be here.

The OP is wiki'd for a reason.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ouch, so this explains why a lot of games are either limited quantities or wont be stocked by k-mart and it makes sense. Still sad to see.

Oh I agree. I mean who is going to buy MvC 3 now since the upgrade is coming out in November. It's like every copy is going to rot on store shelves now and places who stocked the game heavily is going to take a hit. I just don't see why they could of offered UMvC3 as both a disk and DLC because I am sure if people could get a copy of MvC3 now for $20-30 and then upgrade for $20-25 they would in a heartbeat. I mean I am fine with UMvC3, but I am not fine with the only option being I need to spend $40 on a new disc when every other game has DLC and expanaions.

It's a lose-lose situation for consumers and retailers.[/QUOTE]

Except there is no way that the DLC update would be $20-$25. We are talking $60 worth of new characters based on their pricing scheme for DLC and then there are new stages, modes, and all of the characters have been retooled. This is a substantial chunk of new content.
People want it as DLC but I don't think THAT many people are willing to drop $40 on a DLC update. I mean, $20-$25 would be a great price and awesome for them to release it at that, but this is Capcom we are talking about. They aren't known for cutting people breaks.

I guess it would have been good for people to have the option to download it rather than buy it, even though I would buy a disc-based copy over DLC anyday, but anyone who wishes for DLC would not be happy with the price and then they would have something new to complain about.

Edit: And lol at Cheesebu...get that noise outta here.

[quote name='confoosious']Yes please.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This guy make Altanis look like CAG of the year. If he got the boot, this douche is a no-brainer.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Except there is no way that the DLC update would be $20-$25. We are talking $60 worth of new characters based on their pricing scheme for DLC and then there are new stages, modes, and all of the characters have been retooled. This is a substantial chunk of new content.
People want it as DLC but I don't think THAT many people are willing to drop $40 on a DLC update. I mean, $20-$25 would be a great price and awesome for them to release it at that, but this is Capcom we are talking about. They aren't known for cutting people breaks.

I guess it would have been good for people to have the option to download it rather than buy it, even though I would buy a disc-based copy over DLC anyday, but anyone who wishes for DLC would not be happy with the price and then they would have something new to complain about.

Edit: And lol at Cheesebu...get that noise outta here.[/QUOTE]
I know this is Capcom. There would be no way they would make the DLC update which still has less characters than MvC 2 $20-$25 :lol:. I guess I would of liked to see a DLC option that was somewhat cheaper, I just feel kinda burned that 9 months later they are releasing this because oh we could not make all this planned DLC so here is a new version for you to buy with still less characters available total wise than MvC2. It makes me wonder why I even bought the original game in the first place. I also feel bad for retailers who will have a fucking hard time moving MvC 3 units off the shelves over the announcement.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Capcom is pushing it but man do I have a lot of MvC3 in the stores. I really do not want to.

This is the perfect type of .com title that I hope to hit hard once this update goes up. Can't wait for full coupon functionality there.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'd tell you not to carry the Ultimate version. Maybe if enough retailers and people show some resistance with stocking this game Capcom will realize that they are screwing over their retailers and customers by doing this every year with every game they release.

As far as Cheesebu goes, I have not 'ignored' anybody on this forum yet... Heck, I even liked Altanis because he was just a douche to people who couldn't read the OP and stuff. Altanis would actually have had a field day with this Cheesebu douche. Anyway, congrats on being the first person ignored by me.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I remember the last bankruptcy, I was a security guard at the old HQ. It was my job to stack the personal boxes the night before for people to use when they were let go. There is nothing lucky about any situation like that. [/QUOTE]
While it must have sucked to do that for people who were let go, I bet you were already brainstorming ideas for KmartGamer while you were there. Just kidding.

edit: I don't know if you've talked about how you started working in your current position, but did you have any inkling that you'd be involved with video games around that time?

woooow, lol. See ya.

[quote name='sadboy']While it must have sucked to do that for people who were let go, I bet you were already brainstorming ideas for KmartGamer while you were there. Just kidding.

edit: I don't know if you've talked about how you started working in your current position, but did you have any inkling that you'd be involved with video games around that time?[/QUOTE]
Truth is I never wanted to get into retail when I was working at the Kmart building. I was really into teaching Philosophy/Theology (still am). I just received a great opportunity from the company and kept getting promoted. To be honest looking back has been a blur. Every year I was in a different position. It wasn't until two years ago that I really wanted to get into the gaming gig. I never wanted to tarnish being a gamer and working in games.

I still think about leaving and going back to school every now and again but it's one of those things that its almost like I've come to far (queue Harold and Kumar reference) to go back and try again when I have such a good thing going here.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Truth is I never wanted to get into retail when I was working at the Kmart building. I was really into teaching Philosophy/Theology (still am). I just received a great opportunity from the company and kept getting promoted. To be honest looking back has been a blur. Every year I was in a different position. It wasn't until two years ago that I really wanted to get into the gaming gig. I never wanted to tarnish being a gamer and working in games.

I still think about leaving and going back to school every now and again but it's one of those things that its almost like I've come to far (queue Harold and Kumar reference) to go back and try again when I have such a good thing going here.[/QUOTE]
I feel you there. I'm in a job now that I never started out trying to do. It's not an ideal fit, but with the economy the way it is, and the headspinning amount of promotions / raises I've been getting it seems foolish to do anything else.

That said- i'm out of here if my career development path bottoms out.

[quote name='nbballard']I feel you there. I'm in a job now that I never started out trying to do. It's not an ideal fit, but with the economy the way it is, and the headspinning amount of promotions / raises I've been getting it seems foolish to do anything else.

That said- i'm out of here if my career development path bottoms out.[/QUOTE]

Same way minus the promotion/raises. I'm still looking for a new job locally or back in california.

And yeah, that person who keeps bitching about deals should be banned. That bankruptcy line he threw pretty much crossed it.

Great little tidbit of info. Thanks for sharing that. Helps explain some things.

[quote name='aznhero913']To be honest, I'm done w/ Capcom games...

Spend $60 for a new game and a couple months later an upgraded title comes out for $20 cheaper and I'm left twisting in the wind. fuck that man!

Until capcom stops giving the "F##K You" to loyal fans who go out and buy on release day, my solution is to wait until their SF/ MvC/ Tekken games are selling for $10-$15 each a few months after release.[/QUOTE]
I learned my lesson in the 16 bit era when I bought one of the Street Fighter games on the Genesis, only to see a 'Super' or 'Championship' edition come out less than a year later.

It's something that Capcom has been doing for years and years now and apparently it must work really well as they're still around as a company.

You would think by now that other folks would've given up on buying their games until they see if there's going to be an 'ultimate' or 'championship' edition coming out BEFORE plunking their money down for a game that'll be obsolete in 6 months.:whistle2:#

I guess I don't really understand the complaints about iterative fighting games.

People fall into one of two groups with fighting games -

They play them casually and have fun but don't really get too involved in deeper mechanics or strategy, and have fun for a few weeks with it but get bored.

Then there's people who really enjoy learning all about the game and play both on and offline vs other people and try to really get good at the game.

Group 1 shouldn't be angry because they've already got their time out of the game in the first release so why do they want to buy the second version?

Group 2 is getting even more value out of the game, having played it weekly since release with friends and online, and is interested in balance changes and new characters much more than group 1 is.

Typically group 1 is the one who complains because they feel they've been cheated even though they never were going to get the value/enjoyment that group 2 was, and probably shouldn't buy the re-release.

Group 2 is going to continue to have fun with the game and get their money's worth. Heck, I have probably 100 hours on SF4 and SSF4 and probably 40 or so on Marvel 3 already.

I just think people need to stop bitching and either buy or not buy the shit. People who buy the first release aren't necessarily dumb, unless they know they're causal fans and don't get the value out of it they should.

From a business standpoint Capcom is very smart to do this. They know there's a dedicated smaller fanbase who is asking for more, so they're giving it to them. If you're not part of that, then why do you care, honestly?

Honestly, is I am the Cheapest Gamer really a hardcore fighting game fan? why does he care? Just to troll? Just to point a finger and feel superior to all those foolish people who play these games weekly with friends at local meetups and tournaments and get far more value out of them than any of the $3 clearance games he stacks up at his house?

[quote name='jer7583']I guess I don't really understand the complaints about iterative fighting games.

They play them casually and have fun but don't really get too involved in deeper mechanics or strategy, and have fun for a few weeks with it but get bored.

Then there's people who really enjoy learning all about the game and play both on and offline vs other people and try to really get good at the game.

Group 1 shouldn't be angry because they've already got their time out of the game in the first release so why do they want to buy the second version?

Group 2 is getting even more value out of the game, having played it weekly since release with friends and online, and is interested in balance changes and new characters much more than group 1 is.

Typically group 1 is the one who complains because they feel they've been cheated even though they never were going to get the value/enjoyment that group 2 was, and probably shouldn't buy the re-release.

Group 2 is going to continue to have fun with the game and get their money's worth. Heck, I have probably 100 hours on SF4 and SSF4 and probably 40 or so on Marvel 3 already.

I just think people need to stop bitching and either buy or not buy the shit. People who buy the first release aren't necessarily dumb, unless they know they're causal fans and don't get the value out of it they should.

From a business standpoint Capcom is very smart to do this. They know there's a dedicated smaller fanbase who is asking for more, so they're giving it to them. If you're not part of that, then why do you care, honestly?

Honestly, is I am the Cheapest Gamer really a hardcore fighting game fan? why does he care? Just to troll? Just to point a finger and feel superior to all those foolish people who play these games weekly with friends at local meetups and tournaments and get far more value out of them than any of the $3 clearance games he stacks up at his house?[/QUOTE]

I agree here, really. I've clocked in hundreds of hours across all 3 versions of SF4, and I'm sure I'm at least over 100 in MvC3. And I feel every dollar I spent was well worth it.
It's worth noting that the hardcore fans of these games ask for these revisions. Where some may just see "12 new characters", there are things like balance tweaks, added online features and whatnot that make this worth dropping another 40 bucks to a lot of us.

[quote name='jer7583']clipped[/QUOTE]
I get upset about it, but it's because I used to be a hardcore player that got into all the crazy deep stuff, and now I don't have time for it. So every time one of their games comes out, I feel compelled to buy it because we get really excited about it around my group of friends and we play them really heavily for a few weeks. Then life takes over again and I have to move onto other games.

I may complain, but I understand that I'm not the target market anymore because I've changed. It's just hard to make that connection with my purchasing decisions since I've had a standing order to buy capcom fighters for almost 20 years.

In these days of DLC, releasing something like Ultimate MvC3 isn't as appalling as it would have been years ago. Capcom could have released the 12 characters separately at $5 a piece then everybody who wants all of them is out another $60. That's not even counting the new stages. Look at MK...$20 so far for 4 new characters. I'll be very surprised if they stop there so if they do release another set of characters, it ends up being the same price as UMvC3 with 4 less characters and no new stages.
I'm not buying UMvC3 because I despise the game but I don't think the concept is as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be.

[quote name='jer7583']I guess I don't really understand the complaints about iterative fighting games.

Honestly, is I am the Cheapest Gamer really a hardcore fighting game fan? why does he care? Just to troll? Just to point a finger and feel superior to all those foolish people who play these games weekly with friends at local meetups and tournaments and get far more value out of them than any of the $3 clearance games he stacks up at his house?[/QUOTE]

People seem to think that if they don't have every character possibly available (even though they would never use them) or every stage and costume, then somehow, the copy they own is incomplete and worthless. If they never knew about these other characters/stages/modes/etc., there would be no problem and they would enjoy their game, but once they realize it's out there, they bitch and complain that all that makes their game "incomplete."

[quote name='jer7583']

From a business standpoint it's brilliant, since they know some fans of the series will buy every iteration of a game. But being a casual fighting game fan(I button mash on MK and/or spam the same combos and power moves) I just see the DLC being released at additional cost as value that I didn't receive when I bought the game originally.

I play games to have fun. Once I feel I have to study and study just to get a kill/win because everyone else I'm playing against does that and plays 24/7, then I'll quit playing the competitive modes and just go back to single player.

As for value, that's a subjective topic. But I know that whether it's a $3 clearance title or a $60 new release I try my damnedest to get the full value I possibly can out of a game.
[quote name='gettinmoney662']People seem to think that if they don't have every character possibly available (even though they would never use them) or every stage and costume, then somehow, the copy they own is incomplete and worthless. If they never knew about these other characters/stages/modes/etc., there would be no problem and they would enjoy their game, but once they realize it's out there, they bitch and complain that all that makes their game "incomplete."[/QUOTE]
Precisely what I was trying to say.:applause:

Man. Cheesebu is a dick.
Anyways, talked to Stock Boy and I'm happy to see a few Augmented Editions will be at my store. Time to cancel my GameStop preorder! Wheee!

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Can a mod please ban this stupid monkey?[/QUOTE]

I reported him today, what an obnoxious new member. Break that ban hammer out of its in case of emergency glass.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']People seem to think that if they don't have every character possibly available (even though they would never use them) or every stage and costume, then somehow, the copy they own is incomplete and worthless. If they never knew about these other characters/stages/modes/etc., there would be no problem and they would enjoy their game, but once they realize it's out there, they bitch and complain that all that makes their game "incomplete."[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind the ones who don't have the new stuff likely can't play with the ones who do.

well for some people that studying and practicing is fun, and that's why they would buy the $40 re-release.

and no, people don't have to play it 24/7 to be better than you. Some people just have a good memory or very good reflexes, or simply don't play anything else but fighting games. Sure, Daigo and Justin Wong probably play 4-6 hours a day but even an hour a day and you're going to be pretty darn competitive in any modern game in a short while..

Most people in the local scene here simply don't buy other games than fighting games. When they play videogames, 9 times out of 10 its a fighting game. For those people, AE and UMvC3 are awesome.

[quote name='aznhero913']To be honest, I'm done w/ Capcom games...

Spend $60 for a new game and a couple months later an upgraded title comes out for $20 cheaper and I'm left twisting in the wind. fuck that man![/QUOTE]
The entire MML3 fiasco has just left such a bad taste in my mouth that I don't see myself buying any of their games new for some time.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I still think about leaving and going back to school every now and again but it's one of those things that its almost like I've come to far (queue Harold and Kumar reference) to go back and try again when I have such a good thing going here.[/QUOTE]
It goes without saying Kmart's gaming division wouldn't be the same without you.

Since we're in a lull now anyways, may as well ask: what've you been playing lately, and what are you looking forward to now this fall the most?

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Man. Cheesebu is a dick.
Anyways, talked to Stock Boy and I'm happy to see a few Augmented Editions will be at my store. Time to cancel my GameStop preorder! Wheee![/QUOTE]He's no longer our issue to deal with, so he can go dick up it elsewhere.

Now that Amazon has put a $20 credit on NHL 12, I'm excited to see what K-mart does for it. That and Batman are the only certain console purchases I'll be making for the foreseeable future.

[quote name='shrike4242']He's no longer our issue to deal with, so he can go dick up it elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

:applause:, now back to the Kmartgamer related discussions. I'm looking forward to all the great games coming out this fall / winter especially Battlefield 3. I don't feel so bad playing games in my very limited free time when it gets dark early and it's freezing outside.

i'm okay with the fighter game iterations. i never buy any of them, but i actually wish more games did a 'b' version.

For example, my favorite are arcade racers. I'd love if say, Burnout, did a game in between each release that used the old engine (with minor tweaks) but a full size new map. I'd gladly fork out money for that. Burnout actually did a pretty good job of this, between Big Surf Island, motorcycles, night driving, etc. Now, they actually gave quite a bit of that away for free (awesome!) but if Big Surf Island was full sized I'd easily have paid $40 for that 'ultimate edition'.

So I'd be perfectly okay if every year or so we flip flop between 'revision'/new content release and a complete engine rebuild.

Most importantly, i'd never feel ripped off when the 'ultimate edition' came out, since i'd understand that was fan service assuming the FIRST version felt complete and fully featured at release.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There are supposed to hit early August from what our vendor is relaying to me.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome news. I too hope to use my Zelda coupon on some eShop cards. Crossing my fingers that my store gets some before 8/6

I'm in group 1. I knew when I bought MvC3 that they would release another version, but I bought it anyway. I hate to see a newer product come out, but I'm not upset because I've gotten my money's worth out of the game and I don't feel compelled to purchase the newer version. The trick is to pick up the newer version when gamefly puts it on sale.

It seems as if the K-mart deals are in hibernation of some sort. Or did I just come back to lurk during K-mart's off-weeks? (I suppose I'd manage to make a return during off-topic discussion galore time.) Did hear of the Alice sale ($35) I missed out on though. :(

Don't worry Josh, we know the summer is a good time for game sales to take a break (especially after this past few months, and for the months that lie ahead). I had just hoped for something solid after last week.

[quote name='jza1218']Yeah that one too. Wish it had online though.[/QUOTE]

Probably it's too much work to encode online play into an older game. If they had taken the time to put that in besides enhancing it to 3D, then I don't mind a delay.

Until then Nintendo still believes in the old school gaming way: play offline with friends at home. I remember playing Tetris using that short link cable. The good ol' gaming days.

Speaking of Capcom: Maybe it's a business decision to release "new" versions of the game. Just trying to milk the cash cow. I rather have DLC updates and not buying another version of the game. I remember buying SFII for the SNES for $60 then a year later, buying SFII Turbo for $60 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back