Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']for me a bad game is a bad game. it's not just about the money but the time. I can hardly play all the good games out there, why waste time with a bad one like duke?[/QUOTE]
Up till about 6 this morning Play-Asia had the game for both PS3 and 360 for around $23 SHIPPED. Even if it sucks horribly I'm willing to give an almost new release title a whirl for that little of an amount of money. Of course that's also because a buddy of mine would probably play it after I do, so both of us would get some use out of it.

What are the main gripes about the game though? If the main one is it's not 'pretty pretty shiny shiny' then that's the lamest crap I've ever heard.

I've played games that people considered to be turds because they weren't 'omg true HD' and enjoyed the hell out of those while hating tons of 'popular' games because they focused too much on style and artwork and didn't have nearly enough substance to them.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']My gut is that it doesn't come out this year.[/QUOTE]

You may want to hire someone else for predictions. This game is confirmed for Nov 1st.

Also, Catherine. Lol.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What are the main gripes about the game though?[/QUOTE]

For me it was the load times. Every time you died was a 15-20 second wait. After a while the gameplay wasn't enough to keep me going. I kind of regret not finishing it once I read a review that says it gets a little better after the Hive level (which was when I quit.)

I rented it for a day from Redbox on the PS3. Not sure if installing it makes the load times better.

If people like Duke, I'm not going to knock them. I certainly played worse games, but when I was playing it, all I could think was "Why am I doing this instead of finishing Crysis 2 or Mass Effect 2?"

[quote name='salty tbone']For me it was the load times. Every time you died was a 15-20 second wait. After a while the gameplay wasn't enough to keep me going. I kind of regret not finishing it once I read a review that says it gets a little better after the Hive level (which was when I quit.)

I rented it for a day from Redbox on the PS3. Not sure if installing it makes the load times better.

If people like Duke, I'm not going to knock them. I certainly played worse games, but when I was playing it, all I could think was "Why am I doing this instead of finishing Crysis 2 or Mass Effect 2?"[/QUOTE]
Load times really would not bother me, though I actually preferred the third person DN games in the PS1 era moreso than the fps ones.

But I'll probably give it a rental from RedBox for $2 for a day and see if I like it at all. If I do, then I'll probably buy it once it hits $20 someplace eventually.;)

[quote name='sneezebu']You may want to hire someone else for predictions. This game is confirmed for Nov 1st.

Also, Catherine. Lol.[/QUOTE]
For some reason I just have this feeling like it is going to be pushed.

I didn't miss on Catherine BTW in the stores :)

Any chance you got to my email regarding an issue with Sears(missing game), SHC? I've been filtering through my emails as of late n haven't seen a response as of yet.

I have no way to get back to the further off store I bought it from anytime soon, so you're pretty much my only option at this point.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
But I'll probably give it a rental from RedBox for $2 for a day and see if I like it at all. If I do, then I'll probably buy it once it hits $20 someplace eventually.;)[/QUOTE]
I'm also waiting on a $20 price point.

I might have to take advantage of the 4000pt/half price subscription deal. My wife's sub end next week and it doesn't seem like anyone has a deal on the subs for less than $50.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']For some reason I just have this feeling like it is going to be pushed.

I didn't miss on Catherine BTW in the stores :)[/QUOTE]

Oh c'mon Josh, you know that when games are CONFIRMED to come out 90+ days from now they ALWAYS come out, right? lol

[quote name='beene1000']Anyone else tried the XBL 12-month card/4000 points promotion this week and had trouble with it? Yesterday, I did the deal, and used a $20 coupon to lower the total price to $60. Unfortunately, the half off promotion didn't ring up, and I spent 20 minutes in customer service before they finally just gave me a $30 gift card for the difference. Not really sure what the problem was, but the 4000 points card was one of the older ones in the plastic container displays, so maybe that was the problem.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have a $20 coupon, but I had the problem with the discount not applying as well. I emailed Josh for help with it at the address given at the start of the thread. The cards I purchased were the paper tear-strip type that are activated at the register.

I didn't think to go to customer service - I wasn't sure if it was a flyer promo, once I got home, i saw that it was.

[quote name='jer7583']for me a bad game is a bad game. it's not just about the money but the time. I can hardly play all the good games out there, why waste time with a bad one like duke?[/QUOTE]

I said something like this in the Blood Stone thread. I never understood people who say stuff like "it's a good game for $10." All that says to me is that the game is horrible. I don't get the people who say they'll buy any game at $10 or less. Wouldn't you rather spend that $10 and the hours you'll be playing it on another game?

With that said, I'm still a little interested in Duke Nukem. Like I said, I played the demo and thought it was all right. I think it's gotten so much heat because it's been delayed forever and people built it up so that it should be the greatest shooter of the generation. I have no relationship with Duke Nukem and therefore, no high expectations.

[quote name='affa']I'm not saying every game should be incredibly hard. I'm saying almost no games today are even hard, let alone incredibly hard. And that's because of the influence of casual gamers on the market. Too many people don't want to have to start over.[/QUOTE]
That's my issue with some "hard" games. It isn't fun at all to me replaying the same thing over and over particularly if it sets you far back (with many exceptions). In many games it just becomes frustrating or annoying rather than fun. Many people don't have the time or want to spend it like that.

[quote name='sneezebu']You may want to hire someone else for predictions. This game is confirmed for Nov 1st.

Seriously? Can I get an IP/MAC check?!

Seriously? Can I get an IP/MAC check?!

[quote name='ShockandAww']That's my issue with some "hard" games. It isn't fun at all to me replaying the same thing over and over particularly if it sets you far back (with many exceptions). In many games it just becomes frustrating or annoying rather than fun.[/QUOTE]

I love hard games, but if they make you repeat 45 min+ sections for dying, then I get pissed really easily. Also, when companies set checkpoints before unskippable cut-scenes or if the loading times are way long.

I thought Demon's Souls was great because the levels weren't actually that long, so even if you died near the end, it wasn't that much time to get back there and since pretty much everything is scripted, you would know what to do to make it to the next section.

Joe Danger was really fun because even though you needed to be near perfect to get all the stars, re-loading after you fuck up is almost instantaneous.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']i'm still wondering if the 3ds drop will be effective the day of, or if all kmarts still have that 7 day policy to change prices...[/QUOTE]
Day of, we are sending a lot of communication down to the field about this one.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']For some reason I just have this feeling like it is going to be pushed.

I didn't miss on Catherine BTW in the stores :)[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Catherine...

[quote name='Kain']Speaking of Catherine...[/QUOTE]

Oh cool, does this mean it will eventually become a Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits title like Demon Souls did?

Anyway, went to both my local Kmarts this week. One had a lot of clearance titles for less than $20. Hoping for some sort of $XX coupon for buying # of $20 or less games. Saw at least 3 titles I'd pick up.

[quote name='sadboy']Is this the part where you tell him, "I told you so"?[/QUOTE]

Haha, no. I'm a bigger man than that. :)

What I want to know regarding the 3DS price change is whether KMart will be honoring price adjustments on it. Would a person be able to buy it the week before, register it with Nintendo, adjust the price on the 12th, and still get the 20 game downloads? Or does Nintendo have an earlier cut off for registering? Or will stores simply not have units for sale in the preceding week?

I bought it on day 1, so I have no intention to try and cheat the system this way, but I am interested in knowing what is in place to prevent such.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Josh, do you guys still keep up with the help email?[/QUOTE]
Sure do! I've got about fifteen in my inbox that I am going to catch up through tomorrow. I was clean last Friday.

[quote name='Kain']Haha, no. I'm a bigger man than that. :)[/QUOTE]
Thank you sir :) Day 1/week one sales always include pre sell numbers. A couple of retailers dominated this title because of that. We sucked at Demon Souls as well.

Pre sell is coming though!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Thank you sir :) Day 1/week one sales always include pre sell numbers. A couple of retailers dominated this title because of that. We sucked at Demon Souls as well.

Pre sell is coming though![/QUOTE]
Maybe it's me, but I think post sell is where it's at. (insane)

[quote name='Troutyogurt']I was at kmart yesterday and found Dragon Quest V for $20 when I was looking in a pile of $5 DVDs near the register lol.[/QUOTE]

Ok, if I could find that, that would be a tremendous use of my $15 gaming coupon. There's no inventory search for KMart, is there?

SI

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Thank you sir :) Day 1/week one sales always include pre sell numbers. A couple of retailers dominated this title because of that. We sucked at Demon Souls as well.

Pre sell is coming though![/QUOTE]
How about that game trade program? Is that still in the works or is that DOA as of now?

Customer Service Update: As of this moment I have I replied to everyone who has emailed me in the past week. Please resend your request if you have not heard back. Thanks!

Still not even a hint at what the No More Heroes deal will b- Wait, what happened to the first post that use to have games with planned deals? Did something happen? (out of date)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Customer Service Update: As of this moment I have I replied to everyone who has emailed me in the past week. Please resend your request if you have not heard back. Thanks![/QUOTE]
:cry:

Oh well. I guess it's time to re-send.

[quote name='gindias']That makes two of us.[/QUOTE]
Hey guys, are you using the kmartgamerhelpme address by chance? I have a few thousand emails in my direct inbox that they could be lost in. If you are using the above though my apologies but it does not appear to have gone through.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hey guys, are you using the kmartgamerhelpme address by chance? I have a few thousand emails in my direct inbox that they could be lost in. If you are using the above though my apologies but it does not appear to have gone through.[/QUOTE]
Josh I just sent you on a problem on a deal and an employee problem to your direct inbox should I resend to [email protected] ?
literally posted that while I was sending email

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Up till about 6 this morning Play-Asia had the game for both PS3 and 360 for around $23 SHIPPED. Even if it sucks horribly I'm willing to give an almost new release title a whirl for that little of an amount of money. Of course that's also because a buddy of mine would probably play it after I do, so both of us would get some use out of it.

What are the main gripes about the game though? If the main one is it's not 'pretty pretty shiny shiny' then that's the lamest crap I've ever heard.

I've played games that people considered to be turds because they weren't 'omg true HD' and enjoyed the hell out of those while hating tons of 'popular' games because they focused too much on style and artwork and didn't have nearly enough substance to them.[/QUOTE]

Boring, repetitive level design, braindead enemy AI. Weapons that are predictable and not fun to use. Bad controls on console. Horrible load times every time you die on console. Poor graphics on console. Dumb writing. A nonsense story - levels that will make you feel downright ashamed to be associated with this game. Levels that drag on for much too long and repeat gameplay concepts until they're little more than tedious chores. Game-breaking and restart at checkpoint glitches too common. Limited to carrying only two weapons at a time. Overall design is very linear with none of the exploration that made the original a classic. Multiplayer is a complete waste of time for the player and an afterthought from the developer.

I played about half of it on PC and it helped with the load times and graphics but it's still an awful game. If you must satisfy your curiosity, wait until it's $5 on a steam sale. I did play the 360 demo though, and under no circumstances should you waste your time on that.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hey guys, are you using the kmartgamerhelpme address by chance? I have a few thousand emails in my direct inbox that they could be lost in. If you are using the above though my apologies but it does not appear to have gone through.[/QUOTE]
I used the direct([email protected]) one.

EDIT: I just resent it with a .pdf of the digital version of my receipt to the KmartGamerHelp email address.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I would like to jump on next week's buy a Playstation Move controller and a Navigation controller get a Sharpshooter for free. Could you possible throw in maybe a $20 coupon if you purchase a Playstation Eye or the official Sony Move charging station with those Move accessories?

The current deal for next week is great if you already have a Playstation Eye at the very least. Unlike me, I have yet to purchase any Move related accessory. Thanks, I know it is a little late to ask this and totally understand if denied.

[quote name='DPsycho']What I want to know regarding the 3DS price change is whether KMart will be honoring price adjustments on it. Would a person be able to buy it the week before, register it with Nintendo, adjust the price on the 12th, and still get the 20 game downloads? Or does Nintendo have an earlier cut off for registering? Or will stores simply not have units for sale in the preceding week?

I bought it on day 1, so I have no intention to try and cheat the system this way, but I am interested in knowing what is in place to prevent such.[/QUOTE]

From following a few other threads, it doesnt seem like anything is in place to stop it. Best buy seems to be a popular place for this because their price match policy is so long. I bought mine at launch also so I don't have any reason to try this. At the end of the day, I don't think nintendo cares much. This could have easily been avoided by making the price drop effective immediately. One benefit to waiting is to allow people to visit the Eshop once (if they hadn't done it yet). But if you want to give them that chance then why not make the price drop go in effect within a week. You'd still have some people jump on it for a price match but the opportunity would be much smaller.

Josh, you explained it before about Catherine, and I totally understand why you did not carry it. It just sucks that Kmart does not carry an original and good game like that, but you guys carry Call of Juarez: The Cartel, which is utter garbage. I'm glad the preorder system will be up soon so that we don't have to deal with this type of thing anymore, which seems to have taken up about a third of the thread.

Well, just looking at the first week, Demon's Souls was Atlus' biggest seller with 70,000 copies sold week 1, meaning Catherine sold more than that according to them. CoJ: TC sold a little less than 50,000 copies combined PS3/Xbox 360 in it's first week, so i don't think that will come to pass. As I stated, Kmart is a business and I get why they did not carry Catherine. I'm just looking forward to the online preorder system because many of us here are "hardcore gamers" who like some of these niche games and we won't have to go elsewhere to get them.

*Source: VGChartz.com

Random thought: any of your local KMarts still have the XBox sub cards at the old price of $19.99/$49.99? Wondering if those cards can be applied to the promo. I'll give it a try since they still have them at mines.

[quote name='vlv723']Random thought: any of your local KMarts still have the XBox sub cards at the old price of $19.99/$49.99? Wondering if those cards can be applied to the promo. I'll give it a try since they still have them at mines.[/QUOTE]

Hey, unfortunately it will not. I loaded the promo and did not include these. Sorry.

[quote name='vlv723']Random thought: any of your local KMarts still have the XBox sub cards at the old price of $19.99/$49.99? Wondering if those cards can be applied to the promo. I'll give it a try since they still have them at mines.[/QUOTE]

Are these the original Xbox cards? I didn't realize any of those were still around.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Hey, unfortunately it will not. I loaded the promo and did not include these. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the fast reply!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I said something like this in the Blood Stone thread. I never understood people who say stuff like "it's a good game for $10." All that says to me is that the game is horrible. I don't get the people who say they'll buy any game at $10 or less. Wouldn't you rather spend that $10 and the hours you'll be playing it on another game?

With that said, I'm still a little interested in Duke Nukem. Like I said, I played the demo and thought it was all right. I think it's gotten so much heat because it's been delayed forever and people built it up so that it should be the greatest shooter of the generation. I have no relationship with Duke Nukem and therefore, no high expectations.[/QUOTE]

Dude, this is CHEAPASSGAMER, $10 games are like gold here. :bouncy:

Bloodstone is not that bad anyway...it's not great, but it's at least worth a spin. It felt a little low budget for a Bond game I guess, but there was nothing seriously wrong with what is there either . At least in terms of the game engine and bugs, the game ran smoothly and there were no bugs. Granted there were a few areas where level design wasn't the best, and using the "smarthphone" the ENTIRE time was incredibly annoying if you wanted to find the clues along the way. Still, the main issue for alot of people was that it had the incredibly short campaign, and NOBODY plays online (maybe the online is terribly designed? either way lack of players MAKES it terrible). But for $9.99 it changes the perspective for anyone getting it now, as opposed to those who paid $60.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I said something like this in the Blood Stone thread. I never understood people who say stuff like "it's a good game for $10." All that says to me is that the game is horrible. I don't get the people who say they'll buy any game at $10 or less. Wouldn't you rather spend that $10 and the hours you'll be playing it on another game?
[/QUOTE]

I don't think that means the game is horrible. There are some games out there that just aren't worth $60. Dark Void and Bionic Commando come to mind. I had pre-ordered both, cancelled, and picked them both up for under $15 dollars. In the end, I enjoyed my time with both of them- they were flawed games with some interesting mechanics. I don't regret playing them at all, but I would have been upset if I'd paid $60 for them.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Dude, this is CHEAPASSGAMER, $10 games are like gold here. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
It'd be funny if you have giant vault of shovelware, and people see you swimming through it like Scrooge McDuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back