Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sadboy']It'd be funny if you have giant vault of shovelware, and you're swimming through it like Scrooge McDuck.[/QUOTE]

Instead of games, it's bluray movies for me. It's amazing my pile keeps on growing. My limit used to be $10 but now that practically every movie is hitting that I'm being forced to reconsider.

I'm still hesitant on Star Wars for 89.99 later this year. I just downloaded LOTR: EE on bluray as I already bought them once.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']*Source: VGChartz.com[/QUOTE]
Just an FYI, VGChartz sales numbers aren't in the least bit reliable. If I said Catherine sold eleventy billion copies last week it would be just about as reliable as that site.

[quote name='caponesgun']Instead of games, it's bluray movies for me. It's amazing my pile keeps on growing. My limit used to be $10 but now that practically every movie is hitting that I'm being forced to reconsider.

I'm still hesitant on Star Wars for 89.99 later this year. I just downloaded LOTR: EE on bluray as I already bought them once.[/QUOTE]
I'd be hesitant to pay $89.99 for the Star Wars set as well. I think the most I've ever paid for any movie/tv show set was about $50, years ago. That was for either the Twin Peaks Gold Box Edition or the Monty Python Flying Circus set.

[quote name='vlv723']Random thought: any of your local KMarts still have the XBox sub cards at the old price of $19.99/$49.99? Wondering if those cards can be applied to the promo. I'll give it a try since they still have them at mines.[/QUOTE]

no, the xbox live cards are $60 for 12 months through kmart.

[quote name='sadboy']It'd be funny if you have giant vault of shovelware, and people see you swimming through it like Scrooge McDuck.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Obviously Shovelware is not included as "gold" for under $9.99. There's no price I would buy shovelware at. I did buy Mirror's Edge, Bionic Commando, Fallout:New Vegas, Need for Speed: Shift and now Bloodstone at exactly that $9.99 that price, I'm sure there's at least a handful more. Probably 80% of my games I'm buying at least under the $19.99 range. Only must haves like Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3 will I buy right when they come out, and sometimes other games if they have great day 1 offers. For example L.A. Noire, Crysis 2, Dragon Age 2 all had amazing KMART deals that got me to buy them day 1. Probably L.A. Noire was the only one I would have bought day 1 regardless of offer, and I actually sold every one of those games back to take advantage of high trade in values at the time...

Duke Nukem will probably be another one that will have to wait for $9.99 for me, or at least down in the $10-$15 range.

[quote name='caponesgun']Instead of games, it's bluray movies for me. It's amazing my pile keeps on growing. My limit used to be $10 but now that practically every movie is hitting that I'm being forced to reconsider.

I'm still hesitant on Star Wars for 89.99 later this year. I just downloaded LOTR: EE on bluray as I already bought them once.[/QUOTE]

I used to do that with DVD's. I ended up with a 1000+ DVD collection that mostly ends up worthless. It was actually alot of work to get rid of many hundreds of them, and I'm still stick with a couple hundred that aren't even worth my time to get rid of.

With Blu-rays I'm being more picky. I still stock up every once in while (i.e. I bought about 18 from the Barnes and Noble Criterion Collection sale because I had coupons that made them under $15 each), but other than special circumstances like that I'm really holding firm on under $10. Usually waiting for the $7.99 range, and even then only on certain movies I either haven't seen or at least haven't seen in years. Trying to expand my horizons a bit on blu-ray rather than just get every new release hollywood film that hits a certain low price point. I'm trying to stay away from stuff like Die Hard and Terminator, just because I've seen them a million times already, still have the worthless DVD's, and have almost no desire to get them yet again on blu-ray. Certainly not for $10 or whatever, maybe $5 or less. Star Wars might be one I have to bite the bullet on and just buy, I traded in my DVD sets for $18 and $13 earlier in the year when the blu-rays were first announced(before they were priced). I figured they would be pretty expensive. I'm sure it will come down, I just haven't decided if' I'll get them day 1 or wait a while.

Even with games I didn't mean to imply I'm buying every game that hits $9.99, certainly not games I've never heard of. Just that a game like Bloodstone I had my eye on since launch, but because it disappointed alot of people i waited for it to hit the bargain bin. The fact that it was pretty quick to hit $9.99 for a semi-decent game is what makes it "gold" to me.

[quote name='nbballard']I don't think that means the game is horrible. There are some games out there that just aren't worth $60. Dark Void and Bionic Commando come to mind. I had pre-ordered both, cancelled, and picked them both up for under $15 dollars. In the end, I enjoyed my time with both of them- they were flawed games with some interesting mechanics. I don't regret playing them at all, but I would have been upset if I'd paid $60 for them.[/QUOTE]

Ever since I joined this site, I don't pay $60 for any game except under certain circumstances (ie: it's rare or comes with pre-order bonuses that I want). I just don't adjust my perception of the quality of a game based on the price. A shitty game will be a shitty game whether I pay $5 or $75 for it. Granted, the sting of finding out a game isn't that good is less when you only paid $10-15 for it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Ever since I joined this site, I don't pay $60 for any game except under certain circumstances (ie: it's rare or comes with pre-order bonuses that I want). I just don't adjust my perception of the quality of a game based on the price. A shitty game will be a shitty game whether I pay $5 or $75 for it. Granted, the sting of finding out a game isn't that good is less when you only paid $10-15 for it.[/QUOTE]

Every game comes down in price anyway, it's just a matter of how far. Pretty much EVERY game at least hits $19.99 after a year or 18 months.

It's just a matter if you want to get it day 1, or want to wait for it to be cheap. Just because a game isn't worth buying on day 1 for $40-60 (depending on offer), doesn't mean it isnt' worth playing AT ALL if you can scoop it up for $9.99 or whatever.

Even with all these great KMART offers, I pass on many more games than I buy on day 1. The only games I can say for certain I'm buying are Uncharted 3,Dark Souls (for free Collectors Ed upgrade), Battlefield 3, and MW3 (plan to play and trade like i did with previous CoD titles). That's 4 games between now and the end of the year. I'm already waiting on Catherine and probably will be waiting until next year for that one. That means heading through 2012 I could potentially be "waiting" for price drops on Catherine, Skyrim, Batman Arkham City, Sly Cooper, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Need for Speed: The Run, Ico Collection, Splinter Cell Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour, Ratchet and Clank, Ace Combat, Cursed Crusade, and more to hit the $19.99 or less range. Nevermind whatever other games I probably missed from earlier this year and last year. If they happen to hit $9.99 after 12+ months and I still haven't gotten them yet then even better.

For those who do not follow Josh on Twitter. Next week's tease.

Hello! The full advertised ad and promotion list is still scheduled to be published Friday 8/5 but we have some great deals that we just had to tell someone. There are 34 software titles that will be from $10 – $20 off in this ad (seriously, it took forever to pick these out), we have controllers and headsets on sale, and even gaming coupons on hardware. Here is just a preview of some of my personal favorites.
SYWR Members only receive a $15 gaming coupon when you purchase $40 or more in gaming software
SYWR Members only receive a $75 gaming coupon when you purchase 250GB Xbox 360 Kinect Bundle for $399.99
SYWR Members only receive a $50 gaming coupon when you purchase any 160GB PS3 Entertainment System (there are still a few Call of Duty Black Ops and Killzone 3 bundles hiding around the chain) for $299.99.
Save on the following titles – Alan Wake $9.99 (Reg. $19.99) (we’re crazy), Fallout New Vegas PS3/XB360 $14.99 (Reg. $19.99), Medal of Honor PS3/XB360 $14.99 (Reg. $19.99), Twisted Metal: Hot One for PSP $6.99 (Reg. $9.99), Duke Nukem Forever $29.99 (Reg. $39.99) (seriously? this game came out 8 weeks ago), Hunted: The Demon’s Forge PS3/XB360 $39.99 (Reg. $59.99), Mortal Kombat PS3/XB360 $39.99 (Reg. $59.99) (a bloody good time…see what I did there?)
Save on top accessories – XB360 Wireless controller for $39.99 (Reg. $49.99), PS3 Dualshock controllers for $44.99 (Reg. $54.99)

[quote name='confoosious']Wouldn't it be a kick in the ass to find out that the "biggest release atlus ever had" was outsold by CoJ:TC?[/QUOTE]

Especially cause the game was released on two consoles, so if it outsold Demon's Souls by let's say 10,000 for 80,000 copies (using VGChartz's bullshit data), then that's 40,000 per console. And Josh said most of those were pre-orders so sales are likely to drop off dramatically.

A huge launch for Atlus is not the same as a huge launch for EA or Ubisoft, and to go "Ha ha! You were wrong, Josh!" before actual sales numbers are even released is just idiotic.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Day of, we are sending a lot of communication down to the field about this one.[/QUOTE]
nice. might be considering gettin it at kmart then, garner me some more sywr pts too :)

[quote name='sadboy']Is this the part where you tell him, "I told you so"?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Oh cool, does this mean it will eventually become a Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits title like Demon Souls did?

Anyway, went to both my local Kmarts this week. One had a lot of clearance titles for less than $20. Hoping for some sort of $XX coupon for buying # of $20 or less games. Saw at least 3 titles I'd pick up.[/QUOTE]
think someone already did sadboy lol - same, but until kmart gets more sales for gamin and a bigger budget, doesnt seem like it

[quote name='DPsycho']What I want to know regarding the 3DS price change is whether KMart will be honoring price adjustments on it. Would a person be able to buy it the week before, register it with Nintendo, adjust the price on the 12th, and still get the 20 game downloads? Or does Nintendo have an earlier cut off for registering? Or will stores simply not have units for sale in the preceding week?

I bought it on day 1, so I have no intention to try and cheat the system this way, but I am interested in knowing what is in place to prevent such.[/QUOTE]
brought up a lot in the thread. issue is, it is policy, and wat happens if someone who legitimately didnt know about the price drop gets screwed?

[quote name='sterlingice']Ok, if I could find that, that would be a tremendous use of my $15 gaming coupon. There's no inventory search for KMart, is there?

SI[/QUOTE]
not for us. the one kmart has shows information not for the public, and dqv had a reprint so it might not be exactly the same (just if ur tryin to collect), but it's a great price for a good game

[quote name='cancerman1120']For those who do not follow Josh on Twitter. Next week's tease.

Hello! The full advertised ad and promotion list is still scheduled to be published Friday 8/5 but we have some great deals that we just had to tell someone. There are 34 software titles that will be from $10 – $20 off in this ad (seriously, it took forever to pick these out), we have controllers and headsets on sale, and even gaming coupons on hardware. Here is just a preview of some of my personal favorites.
SYWR Members only receive a $15 gaming coupon when you purchase $40 or more in gaming software
SYWR Members only receive a $75 gaming coupon when you purchase 250GB Xbox 360 Kinect Bundle for $399.99
SYWR Members only receive a $50 gaming coupon when you purchase any 160GB PS3 Entertainment System (there are still a few Call of Duty Black Ops and Killzone 3 bundles hiding around the chain) for $299.99.
Save on the following titles – Alan Wake $9.99 (Reg. $19.99) (we’re crazy), Fallout New Vegas PS3/XB360 $14.99 (Reg. $19.99), Medal of Honor PS3/XB360 $14.99 (Reg. $19.99), Twisted Metal: Hot One for PSP $6.99 (Reg. $9.99), Duke Nukem Forever $29.99 (Reg. $39.99) (seriously? this game came out 8 weeks ago), Hunted: The Demon’s Forge PS3/XB360 $39.99 (Reg. $59.99), Mortal Kombat PS3/XB360 $39.99 (Reg. $59.99) (a bloody good time…see what I did there?)
Save on top accessories – XB360 Wireless controller for $39.99 (Reg. $49.99), PS3 Dualshock controllers for $44.99 (Reg. $54.99)[/QUOTE]

ugh. i'm on the fence about the xbox... sears had that 250gb no kinect wit a 50 gc, but... sears r kind of rare around here (ish) but this deal is great, one fo the best (amazon's 100 gc 4gb one is the other one i think of)... so poor now :( i like the ps3 one too but i've already got one from BB wit their 100 gc one awhile back. might pick up an xbox and alan wake... hmm

edit: was gonna ask if the first two sywr promotions stack but ti said software... well, do they both work in one transaction? or would i need two transactions?

[quote name='Gosha']Heres hoping for a SoTd $40 deal with $15 SYWR coupon.[/QUOTE]

sywr coupon? and that'd be interesting... i might have to bite on that if it is... kinda sad that these deals r next week since my last coupon (i think) expires saturday :(

Assuming the prices for Uncharted 2 and the GoW pack are right, looks like I'm back on the coupon train.
Just shut up and take my money, K-mart.

[quote name='Gosha']Heres hoping for a SoTd $40 deal with $15 SYWR coupon.[/QUOTE]My concern is that the deal says you get the $15 coupon with a $40 or more purchase, but if SotD was $39.99 on sale, wouldn't that be one cent short of qualifying for the deal?

[quote name='cancerman1120']For those who do not follow Josh on Twitter. Next week's tease.

[/QUOTE]

Great to hear about the SYWR coupons back for any kind of gaming software! I'm curious if this is limited to 2 per SYWR account (1 per sales transaction), just like the past deals have been. There's quite a few games I've been wanting to pick up but just been waiting for the right sale!

[quote name='Vigilante']My concern is that the deal says you get the $15 coupon with a $40 or more purchase, but if SotD was $39.99 on sale, wouldn't that be one cent short of qualifying for the deal?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Duke Nukem is going to be $29.99 next week. That is very tempting, but I think I am going to continue holding out. Maybe it will be $10 on Black Friday...

[quote name='Vigilante']My concern is that the deal says you get the $15 coupon with a $40 or more purchase, but if SotD was $39.99 on sale, wouldn't that be one cent short of qualifying for the deal?[/QUOTE]

Well for those that do not have it getting Alan Wake at $10 to put you over the top is a quality filler even if you are getting a game at $39.99. There should also be more discounted games announced on Fri so this $15 for $40 could be sweet.

[quote name='z-money']Just an FYI, VGChartz sales numbers aren't in the least bit reliable. If I said Catherine sold eleventy billion copies last week it would be just about as reliable as that site.[/QUOTE]

VGChartz is just like the Sunday afternoon movie theater tallies: they both are estimates that rectify themselves in terms of the actual numbers later on. NPD does the same thing. They track only about 2/3 of actual sales and estimate the rest. They don't track Walmart, Sam's Club, or TRU among the big retailers so they have to estimate those numbers.

If people keep discussing an unannounced SotD deal, others are going to be disappointed if there isn't one.

Just putting this out here so no one gets confused into thinking such has been confirmed or even hinted at. I can't wait to see the full list Friday...

Indeed, wondering myself if there will be a limit on coupons and when they go into effect, as there are quite a few off that list I need to buy already.

I'm also hoping that some PSP games are on the list. I've been trying to stock up on a bunch before they disappear after the Vita is out.

So the ad is going up on friday..does that mean deals start on saturday. I know that sunday is the usual day, but my Zelda coupon expires on saturday....

I am probably fucked

[quote name='cheech794']So the ad is going up on friday..does that mean deals start on saturday. I know that sunday is the usual day, but my Zelda coupon expires on saturday....

I am probably fucked[/QUOTE]

You're definitely fucked.

[quote name='cheech794']So the ad is going up on friday..does that mean deals start on saturday. I know that sunday is the usual day, but my Zelda coupon expires on saturday....

I am probably fucked[/QUOTE]

As stated in the post for Josh's post it is from 8/7-8/14, sadly you are sol unless you find something to use it on this week.

I hope they chose God of War collection for the 19.99 as well still need to snag that.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Ever since I joined this site, I don't pay $60 for any game except under certain circumstances (ie: it's rare or comes with pre-order bonuses that I want). I just don't adjust my perception of the quality of a game based on the price. A shitty game will be a shitty game whether I pay $5 or $75 for it. Granted, the sting of finding out a game isn't that good is less when you only paid $10-15 for it.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. I've paid full MSRP for maybe a half dozen to a dozen titles since I joined CAG. Most of those were paid for by trading the $2-5 games I bought on clearance and played through in to Gamestop during a promo or special where it netted me 4-6x what I paid.

To me though, any game is worth $5, but to pay $10 for any games nowdays is a stretch. But what I've found to be the funniest is that I've played games people hate or that got 'horrible scores' and loved the hell out of them, while I've played the big titles people rave about and hated them immensely(see: Oblivion).

It all comes down to personal taste, but for me I know if I pay less than $10 for a game I can usually at least make back 80% of what I spent on it when I go to trade it back in. With the current releases you're lucky if ANY place will give you 45% of the MSRP back less than a week from launch.

Looks like I'll be at Kmart again next week, was there just yesterday. Two possible waves of $40 gaming purchases for two $15 in gaming coupons. Hope there won't be some limit per card.
Probably get Uncharted 2 GOTYE, some other $20 game, and a filler if it has to be $40 before ringing up.
Next wave, two of whatever the other 34 games on sale, hopefully will be $40 before ring up.

[quote name='MasterX']August 7-14th Kmart gaming deals

250gig Xbox 360 Kinect for $399and get a $75 gaming coupon
Xbox Kinect for $149 and get a $25 gaming coupon
3 Month XBL Gold $14.99
XBL Headset $14.99
Wireless 360 Controller $39.99
Turtle Beach X-11 $44.99

PS3 160 gig for $299.99 and get a $50 gaming Coupon
Buy a Motion controller and Navigation controller and get a Move Sharpshooter free
PS3 controller $44.99
Blu tooth headset $39.99

$39.99 games are:
Dirt 3
Hunted
Brink
F3AR
L.A. Noire
Crysis 2
Mortal Kombat
Red Faction: Armageddon
Kinect Sports
Dance Central
Wipeout
Kinectimals

$29.99 games are:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 U.E.
Fable 3
Bulletstorm
NFS Hot Pursuit
Call of Duty MW2
Assassins Credd Brotherhood
MX vs ATC Alive
Duke Nukem Forever
Dead Space 2

$19.99 game are:
Medal of Honor
Call of Duty WAW
Call of Duty MW
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2
Mafia 2
Infamous
Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Uncharted 2 G.O.T.Y Edition
God of War 3
Heavy Rain
Gears of War Double Pack

$9.99 games are:
Alan Wake[/QUOTE]

Is this not the full list for next week that people keep asking about?

That list doesn't include the $14.99 games or the one PSP title at $6.99.

The mention of 34 titles was in reference to games that are $10-$20 off. 34 wasn't given as a total number of titles that will be on sale.

Went to take advantage of the point card offers today. They rang up for 80 bucks total but then all hell broke lose. Turns out the 4000 point card failed to activate and the staff panicked. I was told they were all defective and the staff went to round up ALL the point cards in the entire store. What a farce. I ended up being charged for the 12 month live card because they wouldn't refund it. They charged me 44 bucks for it, and they couldn't explain why either (should have been just 30). Shopping at Kmart is such a pleasure.

[quote name='chriscolbert']

Originally Posted by MasterX
August 7-14th Kmart gaming deals

250gig Xbox 360 Kinect for $399and get a $75 gaming coupon
Xbox Kinect for $149 and get a $25 gaming coupon
3 Month XBL Gold $14.99
XBL Headset $14.99
Wireless 360 Controller $39.99
Turtle Beach X-11 $44.99

PS3 160 gig for $299.99 and get a $50 gaming Coupon
Buy a Motion controller and Navigation controller and get a Move Sharpshooter free
PS3 controller $44.99
Blu tooth headset $39.99
$39.99 games are:
Dirt 3
Hunted
Brink
F3AR
L.A. Noire
Crysis 2
Mortal Kombat
Red Faction: Armageddon
Kinect Sports
Dance Central
Wipeout
Kinectimals

$29.99 games are:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 U.E.
Fable 3
Bulletstorm
NFS Hot Pursuit
Call of Duty MW2
Assassins Credd Brotherhood
MX vs ATC Alive
Duke Nukem Forever
Dead Space 2

$19.99 game are:
Medal of Honor
Call of Duty WAW
Call of Duty MW
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2
Mafia 2
Infamous
Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Uncharted 2 G.O.T.Y Edition
God of War 3
Heavy Rain
Gears of War Double Pack

$9.99 games are:
Alan Wake[/QUOTE]

Good god, this is a massive list to be on sale next week (this is all at the same time as the spend $40 get $15 gaming coupon?). Don't get me wrong, a few of those prices are kinda ho-hum on their own. But you have to give kudos for having this volume of games on sale, especially if they are stacking with a gaming coupon. I'm interested in Dirt 3, but I'd need to find something else to go with it.

Are the PSN cards going to be on sale during that same sale? Someone asked a few pages back because only XBLA cards were on sale THIS week - not sure i saw an answer. If PSN cards are on sale *AND* can be added as filler for the $40 in gaming merchandise, then that would pretty much make my decision for me on what to get... otherwise I'm not sure...

I know this has probably been asked, but with the $15 coupon with $40 gaming purchase, do point cards qualify towards this?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Here's hoping for a $9.99 SOTD with $50 SYWR coupon and 50% off Kinect deal.[/QUOTE]
My face just melted. Partially. Like the man formerly known as Harvey Dent.

Went to my local store yesterday to take advantage of the points/live deal. Store was picked clean of the $50 cards and 12 month subscription cards. They had a ton of the $20 cards and a handful of the 3 month subscription cards. I picked up a $20 points card because I had my OoT coupon to spend. Probably a little dumb on my part but I didn't bother with the 3 month live card.

[quote name='atlantis']Went to take advantage of the point card offers today. They rang up for 80 bucks total but then all hell broke lose. Turns out the 4000 point card failed to activate and the staff panicked. I was told they were all defective and the staff went to round up ALL the point cards in the entire store. What a farce. I ended up being charged for the 12 month live card because they wouldn't refund it. They charged me 44 bucks for it, and they couldn't explain why either (should have been just 30). Shopping at Kmart is such a pleasure.[/QUOTE]

I call BS.

If it didn't ring up correctly why the heck would you hand over your money? Somethings a little fishy with this story.

I'm pretty sure the $10-20 off titles are already leaked. He specifically says in the blog "$10-20 off in this ad"

But that is good enough for me the way I read and understand it. If there is more, then that is just a bonus.

No Vita in the US until 2012 according to Kotaku :cry: I actually dont care as this gives me less to worry about buying this year and makes it easier to wait until I get my work bonus or tax returns to see reactions and reviews of it before I bite.

Would have been nice if Sony got it out in time for the holidays though.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I'm pretty sure the $10-20 off titles are already leaked. He specifically says in the blog "$10-20 off in this ad"

But that is good enough for me the way I read and understand it. If there is more, then that is just a bonus.[/QUOTE]

I see now. Definitely, going to get Uncharted 2: GOTYE and COD: World at War (just for the zombie shooting).

Went looking for PSP/PSP Go systems seems like they're all gone in my area. Only the newer PSP 3000 God of War bundle is still around.

The PS Move deal still has my attention, if only I could find a camera cheap. Then again, I'm going to hope for a deal on Resistance 3 Doomsday edition.

[quote name='joshrocker']I call BS.

If it didn't ring up correctly why the heck would you hand over your money? Somethings a little fishy with this story.[/QUOTE]

No that same thing happened to me with the 12 month live card. I paid the $80 then it said it failed to activate and they tried it with the remaining 4 cards and none worked after around 45 minutes or so. I was able to get the full refund though

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I'm pretty sure the $10-20 off titles are already leaked. He specifically says in the blog "$10-20 off in this ad"

But that is good enough for me the way I read and understand it. If there is more, then that is just a bonus.[/QUOTE]

"There are 34 software titles that will be from $10 – $20 off in this ad"

"Remember, this is just the teaser, make sure you check back on Friday to see the rest of the ad and the full details (coupon redemption periods, participating locations etc.)."

I read that as there will be more titles.

[quote name='xBabax']No that same thing happened to me with the 12 month live card. I paid the $80 then it said it failed to activate and they tried it with the remaining 4 cards and none worked after around 45 minutes or so. I was able to get the full refund though[/QUOTE]I think he doubts the payment part of the story, not the problem with the activation.

Great to see Alan Wake will be on sale! Finally hit my price point.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I think he doubts the payment part of the story, not the problem with the activation.

Great to see Alan Wake will be on sale! Finally hit my price point.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, the thing with mine was that I paid and the lady handed me the cards, but a message popped up saying it needed a supervisor override and then everything got messed up.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I think he doubts the payment part of the story, not the problem with the activation.
.[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant. They wouldn't refund him his money? I find that very hard to believe.

[quote name='ShockandAww']No Vita in the US until 2012 according to Kotaku :cry: I actually dont care as this gives me less to worry about buying this year and makes it easier to wait until I get my work bonus or tax returns to see reactions and reviews of it before I bite.

Would have been nice if Sony got it out in time for the holidays though.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually kind of happy about that. My wallet needs a break and I was still trying to figure out how I was going to fit this into the budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back