Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Marauder7']Finally going to be off unemployment after 9 months and back to working in the city. Is the Kmart in Penn Station part of these deals? I forgot awhile pack people had issues getting deals there.[/QUOTE]
34th St will not honor anything without the circular in front of them and sometimes even with it there. Blog deals usually are universal, it's the ones in the circular you may have to worry about.

Been waiting for PS3 No More Heroes deal to show for such a long time...
Hopefully there's still chance for it to show up before release date....

[quote name='gacktplays']Been waiting for PS3 No More Heroes deal to show for such a long time...
Hopefully there's still chance for it to show up before release date....[/QUOTE]
It will not be at Kmart, I hate it but such is life at the moment for myself. I am finding that it has to be a larger title to get it into the stores. Not my call anymore on certain things.

[quote name='Vigilante']Hey Josh, I'm curious: What do you think of Gamestop's $99 3DS promo going on this weekend (the one for paying PUR members where you can trade in a DSXL, DSi, or DS Lite and get a new 3DS for $99 with a coupon)? I'm more than a little shocked that such a deal is going on so soon after the new lower price has gone into effect, and I think I'll be picking up a Black one on Sunday after trading in my 6-year-old DS Lite. :razz:

Also, when you addressed JustYourAverageJoe's post about the games being released in a week's span, I don't think you addressed his original question, which I'll re-ask myself: Is it unlikely that Kmart will be getting Solatorobo: Red the Hunter for DS, a niche JRPG released by Xseed Games?[/QUOTE]
Ah, I thought he answered he own question :) No, we will not have this in the stores.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Got a kick out of seeing a free Kmart Theme and gamer pics on the xbox marketplace. Wonder if there are pictures of Josh and Andrew on the gamer pics.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, maybe one day. Probably won't be with Kmart by then though lol.

So after a week of changing my email address with the site and not getting a confirmation email, I can finally post again. I rarely post, but as soon as I want to, I can't. Funny how that works sometimes.
Anyhow, was I the only one who had issues with the $15 3 month xbox live cards?
I went to the store on Walden Ave in Buffalo, NY and they had the cards, but they would only ring up $24.99. The manager tried to price adjust them, but then the cards would not activate. I spent 45 minutes there for nothing. Cherry on top was that she called another store and spoke to "Kevin" who said his cards were working, but only the old ones that used to sell for $19.99 would ring up at $14.99 and activate. I asked "Pat" which store was it that they were working, and she out right refused to tell me! I then asked her store number, she said "4176, why?". I replied because I was going to go online and bitch. They also were out of stock on both Alan Wake and the Gears Triple pack. Can't really complain about that, but it make the trip completely worthless and like I said, a waste of 45 minutes.
Later in the week I was in Fulton NY and stopped at the Kmart there. The lady there said all their Live cards were recalled last week. But that store at least had Alan Wake.

[quote name='Vigilante']Hey Josh, I'm curious: What do you think of Gamestop's $99 3DS promo going on this weekend (the one for paying PUR members where you can trade in a DSXL, DSi, or DS Lite and get a new 3DS for $99 with a coupon)? I'm more than a little shocked that such a deal is going on so soon after the new lower price has gone into effect, and I think I'll be picking up a Black one on Sunday after trading in my 6-year-old DS Lite. :razz:

Also, when you addressed JustYourAverageJoe's post about the games being released in a week's span, I don't think you addressed his original question, which I'll re-ask myself: Is it unlikely that Kmart will be getting Solatorobo: Red the Hunter for DS, a niche JRPG released by Xseed Games?[/QUOTE]
It's an awesome deal! Wish I had the tech to pull it off!

For customer service agents. I know everyone hates them but to have the patience to deal with abject rudeness is something I just may never have. :roll:

I totally get why people get pissed, I would be too, but I've never taken it out on a person I've never met who was never even there when the incident occurred.

Rant over :)

any chance for some 3ds deals with the new price drop? i already have a 3ds but i would definitely bite for some of the tittles that don't EVER go on sale, ex nintendogs, steel driver, lego pirates or starwars... i guess those are about it but still... and i just cant seem to bite on ragman but its not like i wasn't given opportunities for that one.

(I would have put PES 2011 on that list too but I got it for $13 New on bay, thought it was a great deal... I am not a fan of the game tho)

[quote name='360...']any chance for some 3ds deals with the new price drop? i already have a 3ds but i would definitely bite for some of the tittles that don't EVER go on sale, ex nintendogs, steel driver, lego pirates or starwars... i guess those are about it but still... and i just cant seem to bite on ragman but its not like i wasn't given opportunities for that one.

(I would have put PES 2011 on that list too but I got it for $13 New on bay, thought it was a great deal... I am not a fan of the game tho)[/QUOTE]
Save $10 on ANY 3DS software next week.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It will not be at Kmart, I hate it but such is life at the moment for myself. I am finding that it has to be a larger title to get it into the stores. Not my call anymore on certain things.[/QUOTE]

Darn, I remember when there was a $20 coupon with it on the front page. :cry:
I feel like this game will be hard to find if I don't pre-order from another retailer. I guess my coupon train will have to start a month later with Resistance.

[quote name='kraftwerks']So after a week of changing my email address with the site and not getting a confirmation email, I can finally post again. I rarely post, but as soon as I want to, I can't. Funny how that works sometimes.
Anyhow, was I the only one who had issues with the $15 3 month xbox live cards?
I went to the store on Walden Ave in Buffalo, NY and they had the cards, but they would only ring up $24.99. The manager tried to price adjust them, but then the cards would not activate. I spent 45 minutes there for nothing. Cherry on top was that she called another store and spoke to "Kevin" who said his cards were working, but only the old ones that used to sell for $19.99 would ring up at $14.99 and activate. I asked "Pat" which store was it that they were working, and she out right refused to tell me! I then asked her store number, she said "4176, why?". I replied because I was going to go online and bitch. They also were out of stock on both Alan Wake and the Gears Triple pack. Can't really complain about that, but it make the trip completely worthless and like I said, a waste of 45 minutes.
Later in the week I was in Fulton NY and stopped at the Kmart there. The lady there said all their Live cards were recalled last week. But that store at least had Alan Wake.[/QUOTE]
FYI: If you have a Sears store in the area that still sells games, you might want to look into buying the 60gb HDD kits(for the old 'fat' 360s)because they're only $20 there, as they come with 3 months of XBL Gold included in the pack.

Then it's like you get the 60gb HDD(which can be taken out of it's case and used with a custom case on the slim 360's;)) and wired headset for all of $5.;)

Here's a Google Shopping link to check for stock in your area(just change the zip code): http://www.google.com/products/cata...=en&cid=14699452584663653357&os=local-sellers#

[quote name='Mad39er']34th St will not honor anything without the circular in front of them and sometimes even with it there. Blog deals usually are universal, it's the ones in the circular you may have to worry about.[/QUOTE]

I have never had a problem with the Penn Station store honoring deals and I'm in there all the time. The only problem would be if they have the game. I have heard of issues at the Astor Place location, but once again, no attitude or issues from anyone.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yeah, maybe one day. Probably won't be with Kmart by then though lol.[/QUOTE]
(head suddenly explodes)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']For customer service agents. I know everyone hates them but to have the patience to deal with abject rudeness is something I just may never have. :roll:

I totally get why people get pissed, I would be too, but I've never taken it out on a person I've never met who was never even there when the incident occurred.

Rant over :)[/QUOTE]

I agree, and also find that they are more likely to want to help you if you have a reasonable attitude. In most cases whatever problem you are having is not their fault, although I have talked with some who were just rude from the start.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The promo for save ten on all 3DS games is actually in ad before we even knew about the price drop. The bogo was in response to the price drop later in the month.[/QUOTE]

ahhh

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Those two weeks in particular I could see us doing something different than normal :)[/QUOTE]

... such a tease... as always :drool:

[quote name='360...']any chance for some 3ds deals with the new price drop? i already have a 3ds but i would definitely bite for some of the tittles that don't EVER go on sale, ex nintendogs, steel driver, lego pirates or starwars... i guess those are about it but still... and i just cant seem to bite on ragman but its not like i wasn't given opportunities for that one.

(I would have put PES 2011 on that list too but I got it for $13 New on bay, thought it was a great deal... I am not a fan of the game tho)[/QUOTE]

theres teh 10 off 3ds games next week i think? and the bogo 1/2 off which is the same as next week's if u buy in multiples of 2 pretty much

I just got a SYWR offer in an email. It might be good for anyone buying a console or handheld next week.

Earn 10,000 points (a $10 value) when you spend a total of $100 or more on qualifying items between August 14 to August 20.

The fine print just says that the deal can't be redeemed with appliances and clearance clothing.

[quote name='LouieT']I just got a SYWR offer in an email. It might be good for anyone buying a console or handheld next week.

Earn 10,000 points (a $10 value) when you spend a total of $100 or more on qualifying items between August 14 to August 20.

The fine print just says that the deal can't be redeemed with appliances and clearance clothing.[/QUOTE]

Certainly beats the $1 you would usually get...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Those two weeks in particular I could see us doing something different than normal :)[/QUOTE]
Sounds good to me. :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Ah, I thought he answered he own question :) No, we will not have this in the stores.[/QUOTE]
I figured as much, but since it comes out after the site's next milestone (September 1st, IIRC), I still had a sliver of doubt. I am hopeful for your site since it seems like it could kill many a bird with a single stone. Or server, if you want to be geeky. Anyways, if it lets you carry more niche stuff then that'd be great. They're not big moneymakers of course, but some sales are better than none and it helps keep people's buying habits uninterrupted. And it builds gaming snob cred. ;)

[quote name='sadboy'](head suddenly explodes)[/QUOTE]
Needs more puns.

I guess it's for the better. I can wait until I find No More Heroes PS3 for $15 or so.

So excited for Deus Ex - have you gotten any more time with the publisher on it, Josh? I know you were a big fan of the game. I've been re-playing the old game with the updated texture packs lately and it looks great and still is so fun.

Picked up MK for 360 and Twisted Metal for PSP and got a handy little $15 coupon to add to the one I got earlier this week.
Now to get some MS points so I can get Freddy Kreuger. Still bummed that my store didn't have any 4000 point cards last week. REALLY wanted that deal. :(

big thanx to KmartGamer. picked up last resistance 2 and vanquish!!! kmart is awesome. had an entire table there filled with 19.99 and under games. gotta love that!!

The weird thing about my Kmart is that the prices on the clearance games are never right, i.e. they are always too high. When I got there three days ago, Alan Wake (of which there were 5+ copies) was listed at $20. I told the cashier that it said it was $10 online, and sure enough, it rang up at $10.

I went back the next day to get Gears of War Trilogy, and found a copy of Rock Band 2 in the clearance section, which I had been looking to get new for a while. It had a $20 price tag. Brought it up to the cashier, and it rang up at $15. Is this because of the 30-50% off clearance games thing that had been mentioned here?

If so, can someone tell me what the actual prices for a few DS games are, namely Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin? My Kmart has them all listed at $20, but I have a feeling they may have dropped to $10. (I always feel bad bothering the cashiers when I'm not actually going to buy the games)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It will not be at Kmart, I hate it but such is life at the moment for myself. I am finding that it has to be a larger title to get it into the stores. Not my call anymore on certain things.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame. I was hoping to nab a deal on that game.

Is Deus Ex confirmed for a $20 coupon? I was thinking that's what the deal is but not sure if it was confirmed.

I guess that'll start my coupon train and then I'll decide on either Dead Island or Resistance after that and take it from there.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Is Deus Ex confirmed for a $20 coupon? I was thinking that's what the deal is but not sure if it was confirmed.

I guess that'll start my coupon train and then I'll decide on either Dead Island or Resistance after that and take it from there.[/QUOTE]Yes, there will be a $20 coupon for Deus Ex...and more, based on what Josh told me via email. :whistle2:#

I'll let him reveal what that "more" is, though. :cool:

[quote name='Vigilante']Yes, there will be a $20 coupon for Deus Ex...and more, based on what Josh told me via email. :whistle2:#

I'll let him reveal what that "more" is, though. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Nice. I'm in either way since nobody else has a deal at all for this so far. I guess Kmart doesn't yet either technically, but at least we know there will be one, and it sounds like a good one.

[quote name='m00nyoze']Totally scored Alan Wake for ten bones before work yesterday. Thanks for all the deals![/QUOTE]

Quite the deal. I loved that game.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Nice. I'm in either way since nobody else has a deal at all for this so far. I guess Kmart doesn't yet either technically, but at least we know there will be one, and it sounds like a good one.[/QUOTE]

So far all I have seen is Best Buy with $10 rewards cert and double points, im hopeing josh beats it, I have coupons at both places. Would love for this to start my coupon train as well.

[quote name='buddynayr']

If so, can someone tell me what the actual prices for a few DS games are, namely Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin? My Kmart has them all listed at $20, but I have a feeling they may have dropped to $10. (I always feel bad bothering the cashiers when I'm not actually going to buy the games)[/QUOTE]
i was wondering about the same thing about those ds games. zelda phantom hourglass and prof. layton curious village are two other good ones that are listed as $20 in the op but I'm unsure of now.

So I purchased Alan Wake for $20 on sunday. Their system hasnt registered the $9.99 price as it's a non-circular area. Anyhow, I went today and spoke to the csr working in the gamer section. She knew about the deal made a call to customer service up front and I was out in under 5 mins. It came with a "The Signal" dlc token. Will go nicely with my $.01 Alan Wake collector guide strategy guide.

Tony Hawk Shred board bundle $19.99

Is this correct?

Is Shred 19.99 cause at my Kmart this was ringing up at $29.99. Tony Hawk Ride was $19.99.

Finally got to take part in the $40/$15 coupon deal on the last day. My trip to K took a good hour, but I was determined to deal with what I knew would most likely be a long, frustrating experience, so I planned my day accordingly (time-wise). One of my closest stores also had a coupon for $5 off of a $50 purchase (good through today), so I decided to go ahead and bump my goal up to $50 to basically save tax. After a good bit of searching through stacks of unlabeled or mis-priced games, and getting a few price checks, I ended up getting 2 sets:

:360:Spyro Dawn of the Dragon
:psp:Castlevania Dracula X
:360:Oblivion GOTY
:ps3: Dirt 2

$56.xx after $5 coupon and tax (plus $15 coupon)

:ps3:NCAA Basketball 10
:ps3:Socom Confrontation w/ Headset
:360:Dirt 2

$54.47 (plus another coupon, of course)

Overall, some real gems, and now I get to go out next week and see what I can blow the coupons on! Being that this promo had no limit, I really wish I could have gotten out a little bit more to hit a few more stores up. This is a great way to add some sealed copies of older and in some cases semi-rare games to my master collection. A lot of the prices on the older clearance games are good already, but when you add in the savings of the coupon being added, it's too good to pass up. I selected the games I purchased from a big group I was considering mainly to try to get as close to the $50 mark as possible, in order to maximize my savings. I definitely could have gotten at least another good set from this same store (I had to leave the last Alan Wake for $10), but they were so busy I honestly didn't have the time before work to go back to electronics, hunt down the CSR again, price check a few other games, etc...Oh well, I have always heard great things about it, but it's the kind of game that can be had pretty regularly for $15-20, so I'm not gonna beat myself up over it.

NCAA 10!? How long had that thing been sitting there? :bouncy:

[quote name='sgaldis']
NCAA 10!? How long had that thing been sitting there? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I actually saw a copy of Madden 06 at Kmart the other day. I can't imagine what that game has seen from behind the glass all these years...:lol:

$20 Coupon on deus ex plus 50% off trenchcoats with purchase of sunglasses

1%2520JC.jpg

I hope Deus Ex turns out. Surprised it's coming out so soon! Hopefully it's good enough to get this seasons coupon train going. I only played a little DE2 and loved what they did.

[quote name='jaredstorm']I hope Deus Ex turns out. Surprised it's coming out so soon! Hopefully it's good enough to get this seasons coupon train going. I only played a little DE2 and loved what they did.[/QUOTE]
Most true Deus Ex fans will tell you Deus Ex 2 sucked :lol:.

Anyway kinda bummed out that this coupon train might be starting a bit late this year. I wanted Deus Ex but I have to get it on PC since I built my new gaming PC. Oh well hopefully by the time Rage gets here, I can do a PC coupon train.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyway kinda bummed out that this coupon train might be starting a bit late this year. I wanted Deus Ex but I have to get it on PC since I built my new gaming PC. Oh well hopefully by the time Rage gets here, I can do a PC coupon train.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Don't think there will be much of a coupon train for PC players though. I think Rage, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim are the only new PC games they are going to be carrying. That's from memory off the list that was posted before so I could be wrong. I know I am looking at getting at least Dead Island and Arkham City on PC too and I already have Deus Ex pre-ordered from Green Man Gaming. It's hard to go back to consoles after playing on a current PC. :D

[quote name='buddynayr']The weird thing about my Kmart is that the prices on the clearance games are never right, i.e. they are always too high. When I got there three days ago, Alan Wake (of which there were 5+ copies) was listed at $20. I told the cashier that it said it was $10 online, and sure enough, it rang up at $10.

I went back the next day to get Gears of War Trilogy, and found a copy of Rock Band 2 in the clearance section, which I had been looking to get new for a while. It had a $20 price tag. Brought it up to the cashier, and it rang up at $15. Is this because of the 30-50% off clearance games thing that had been mentioned here?

If so, can someone tell me what the actual prices for a few DS games are, namely Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin? My Kmart has them all listed at $20, but I have a feeling they may have dropped to $10. (I always feel bad bothering the cashiers when I'm not actually going to buy the games)[/QUOTE]
I had castlevania order of ecclesia ds scanned tonight and it was still $19.99. I'm not sure if there were any ds drops.

[quote name='Killbomb']It's hard to go back to consoles after playing on a current PC. :D[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this is very very true. The list of games I was going to get for the 360 seems to be shrinking as I decide to get them for PC instead. But there are some I know I'll end up getting on both for various reasons. Battlefield 3, for instance, will initially be a 360 game solely because almost all my friends play multiplayer games on that system. But I still want it for PC eventually as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back