Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
It took three stores but I finally got my copies of Deus Ex Human Revolution. I started out at the 7 Mile and Farmington store in Livonia, MI. They had a nice employee in the gaming section and are usually very reliable so I figured I would do well at the store, when I mentioned the game they had no clue about it and did not believe any shipment came in. : / Rather then waiting for someone else I went to a second store which was Ann Arbor Rd in Canton, MI. The employee told me that the game does not come out for another week, I told him it was in the flyer and asked if he possibly had them in the back, Nope... but he was nice enough to call up my usual store which is the Westland shop. They had the augmented edition for the PS3 :), they had the prints on the counter, and they also had the coupons printing correctly, accepted the $5 off coupon and had the Sharpshooter and Socom 4 available. Finding an Augmented Edition made the afternoon much better, I did not expect to find any in my area.

Thanks for another great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
After all of the buzz on cheapassgamer about Kmart, I decided I would give it a try (after being a loyal Amazon-er for the last few years). I called my local Kmart to ask if they had Deus Ex: HR...after literally 15 minutes on hold (I counted), I was finally transferred to an electronics department employee. Then, it took about 5 minutes to explain to the her the actual name of the game (she kept thinking I said "days execution" even after I spelled it out and enunciated a bunch of times. I said that the game came out today.

After that, I was put on hold for another 7 minutes (literally) for her to tell me that they don't have it. I told her that I saw the advertisement online, saying it should be in stock. She said that those are not correct, but that the game would definitely be in stock if it was in the weekly circular. I promptly checked the circular and saw that it clearly featured "Deus Ex: Human Revolution" in the gaming section.

After another 5 minutes of attempting to get her to find it in the circular/look for it in a stock room or something, I gave up. DEFINITELY not worth the 20$ coupon for which I will probably have trouble actually spending on a game at Kmart later, not to mention that it expires so damn quickly. I should have just went with Amazon, gotten my 10$, and been on my merry way.

Store #3454, by the way, in Philly. AVOID IT.

Damn. I should have had the foresight to know I would have wanted this game. After reading some people's posts and watching the IGN review, I was like, "Dayuummmn..." And since I didn't ask Stockboy to ship any Augmented Editions to my store and my store doesn't have any in stock for the 360, I've decided it's just not something I'm going to get right now.

School-suplies.jpg

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']This wasn't like Marvel vs Capcom either, we sent in identical units of the picture to the amount of Deus Ex that was shipped in. Everything landed last Friday.[/QUOTE]

Didn't get one at the Penn Station Kmart either

[quote name='Yanksrule56']After all of the buzz on cheapassgamer about Kmart, I decided I would give it a try (after being a loyal Amazon-er for the last few years). I called my local Kmart to ask if they had Deus Ex: HR...after literally 15 minutes on hold (I counted), I was finally transferred to an electronics department employee. Then, it took about 5 minutes to explain to the her the actual name of the game (she kept thinking I said "days execution" even after I spelled it out and enunciated a bunch of times. I said that the game came out today.

After that, I was put on hold for another 7 minutes (literally) for her to tell me that they don't have it. I told her that I saw the advertisement online, saying it should be in stock. She said that those are not correct, but that the game would definitely be in stock if it was in the weekly circular. I promptly checked the circular and saw that it clearly featured "Deus Ex: Human Revolution" in the gaming section.

After another 5 minutes of attempting to get her to find it in the circular/look for it in a stock room or something, I gave up. DEFINITELY not worth the 20$ coupon for which I will probably have trouble actually spending on a game at Kmart later, not to mention that it expires so damn quickly. I should have just went with Amazon, gotten my 10$, and been on my merry way.

Store #3454, by the way, in Philly. AVOID IT.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, that probably would have happened if you tried calling Target, Wal-Mart, or any other retailer not named Gamestop. Had you been able to actually go into a store, there's a fairly good chance that things would have gone smoothly and it would have been right on the shelf.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Kinda bummed. Stock Boy sent some Augmented Editions to my store, but apparently they sold out between 8am and noon. Not sure if it was just one or two, I figure it couldn't be too many, but I still missed out on the game that was sent for me.
Oh well, good thing I didn't cancel my GameStop preorder yet. Hopefully next time![/QUOTE]

Same exact thing here, i kept preorder at gamestop as back up plus preorder stuff. Tried my kmart then just right down to gamestop.

Now I'm pissed about this whole soundtrack fiasco on ps3 augmented. You can't get the free soundtrack unless you have s computer with BD drive. What a crock, what the he'll is my freaking ps3 for.

What free prints? I bought deus ex today, not yet opened. Thinking of returning it.

I don't really care about the prints, but does anyone have a picture of the print or at least which image was suppose to be on the print? I could've sworn Arkham City release date was on October 8th so when I confirmed the $20 off was good till 8th I thought I was fine...but I just figured out Batman is getting released on the 18th.

I know its a long shot...but anyway of extending the coupon?

[quote name='dejeckt']What free prints? I bought deus ex today, not yet opened. Thinking of returning it.

I don't really care about the prints, but does anyone have a picture of the print or at least which image was suppose to be on the print? I could've sworn Arkham City release date was on October 8th so when I confirmed the $20 off was good till 8th I thought I was fine...but I just figured out Batman is getting released on the 18th.

I know its a long shot...but anyway of extending the coupon?[/QUOTE]
Deus-Ex.jpg

^^^ thanks for the pic, probably not worth the trouble going in Kmart and asking for it.

Definitely want to try the game, but the only reason I got it was on impulse (some damn review compared it to MGS3 which automatically made me want the game). Will this deal be live for 2 weeks? if so then I could just rebuy Deus Ex and return it with old receipt (way to extend the coupon ^^).

[quote name='dejeckt']^^^ thanks for the pic, probably not worth the trouble going in Kmart and asking for it.

Definitely want to try the game, but the only reason I got it was on impulse (some damn review compared it to MGS3 which automatically made me want the game). Will this deal be live for 2 weeks? if so then I could just rebuy Deus Ex and return it with old receipt (way to extend the coupon ^^).[/QUOTE]

No. Only good through Saturday, August 27th.

Went back and did a return-rebuy for my second Deus Ex and got my second $20 coupon and was able to use the $5 that I missed the first time I went. Other than that little hiccup everything went well and now I have $40 in cred for Resistance 3, would have preferred Gears 3 but I sold my Xbox since without paying for Live the machine is virtually useless.

To remember once again how bad it can be out there. Make sure to email me with any issues. I've blocked time out of my schedule Thursday evening to work through everyone's issues.

@chriscolbert - Thanks. Guess it really is just my own fault.

Another random question, but does Kmart offer Dark Souls preorder to be automatically be set to the Collection Edition (game release is on Oct 4)?

@actripxl - I'm pretty sure that 'glitch' has been fixed a long time ago and one of your $20 credit should be invalid.

[quote name='dejeckt']Another random question, but does Kmart offer Dark Souls preorder to be automatically be set to the Collection Edition (game release is on Oct 4)?
[/QUOTE]

As of right now K-Mart doesn't do pre-orders, but Josh is working on getting them set up for us.

[quote name='dejeckt']

@actripxl - I'm pretty sure that 'glitch' has been fixed a long time ago and one of your $20 credit should be invalid.[/QUOTE]
He bought 2 copies one didn't give coupon originally.

@actripxl coupons of same barcode ie. from same offer don't stack unless you mean you're buying 2 copies Resistance 3 separately and applying 1 to each.

[quote name='actripxl']Went back and did a return-rebuy for my second Deus Ex and got my second $20 coupon and was able to use the $5 that I missed the first time I went. Other than that little hiccup everything went well and now I have $40 in cred for Resistance 3, would have preferred Gears 3 but I sold my Xbox since without paying for Live the machine is virtually useless.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dejeckt']@chriscolbert - Thanks. Guess it really is just my own fault.

Another random question, but does Kmart offer Dark Souls preorder to be automatically be set to the Collection Edition (game release is on Oct 4)?

@actripxl - I'm pretty sure that 'glitch' has been fixed a long time ago and one of your $20 credit should be invalid.[/QUOTE]

It's not that it's invalid, but you can't use two of the same exact coupon on a purchase. They only stack if they come from different games. So you can only put $20 towards Resistance 3 and $20 towards something else.

K-Mart isn't currently offering pre-orders but it could be up online before Dark Souls. Only Josh would know if that's a possibility.

Yeah I went to one store that didn't have augmented editions (remembered stock boy's email wrong, oops) and bought the game there, but we ended up passing the other store and did an exchange for the augmented edition and I paid the difference.

The cashier let me keep the $20 coupon from the purchase at the first store (there was no second coupon printed when i exchanged for the augmented edition) but said she wasn't sure if it would still work - josh, do you know if I should expect the coupon to still be valid?

[quote name='chriscolbert']It's not that it's invalid, but you can't use two of the same exact coupon on a purchase. They only stack if they come from different games. So you can only put $20 towards Resistance 3 and $20 towards something else.

K-Mart isn't currently offering pre-orders but it could be up online before Dark Souls. Only Josh would know if that's a possibility.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, yea misread it. Wow I'm making so many weird mistakes today.

Got my copy and $20 coupon fine. I used the $5 coupon off the site too. No luck on the print though, didn't see them anywhere and the associate wasn't sure what they were.

First 'bad' experience since I started shopping at KMart nearly a year ago for these deals. Deus Ex was not in stock (no place for it either) for either the 360 or PS3. They also always have the stickers on the front of the glass for what deals they have this week and they didn't have a sticker for the deal either. Not sure what's up cause every time I've ever went there the deals have been prominently advertised, went through without a hitch, and the employees knew about the deal.

I didn't ask an employee as I was in somewhat of a hurry. Not a big deal. I'll check back later this week when I have more time and can ask an employee if it still isn't in stock.

This was in Bowling Green, KY if that matters at all.

[quote name='sageridder']He bought 2 copies one didn't give coupon originally.

@actripxl coupons of same barcode ie. from same offer don't stack unless you mean you're buying 2 copies Resistance 3 separately and applying 1 to each.[/QUOTE]

I see, thanks for the heads up!

Here is one to make you all laugh (and Josh cry) - that's how I approach it these days. After a long absence I went to my good ol' store #3873. Shocked to see Deus Ex actually on the shelves (although this was after work, not around lunch when I normally go). Bought it, coupon printed fine. (Really, at this point I should have quit while I was #winning.)

No sign of art print, so I ask the kid at the electronics counter. He briefly looks through a few drawers of junk, obviously not even having an idea what I am talking about, and says he must have run out. Given that Josh said more posters were sent this time, and maybe 2 copies across both platforms were gone from the case at this point, I sort of doubt that.
"Never got them" - maybe. "I guess I ran out earlier today" - not so much.

Kid obviously doesn't want to discuss it further, so I head over to CS. Girl there is helpful, doesn't know, calls the manager, who wouldn't arrive for another 10 minutes. During that time she looks increasingly apologetic and awkward. This isn't helped when a girl that is supposedly in charge of games walks in by us, CS girl calls out to her several times, but games girl is loud on her cellphone, paying no attention. CS girl looks crestfallen.

Manager finally arrives. This is an older lady called Rosemary, who has actually helped me with a similar issue before. Not today. She goes straight for the ad, takes a while looking at the games page, announces she doesn't see any free print advertised.

* A ray of hope *
She asks: "Is this one of those blog things?"
Me: "Yes! Yes, it's on the blog!"

* Now the part that will make Josh cry *
She smirks: "You know, I hate to tell you, but those aren't always true. They always start these things...mumble...mumble..."

So she took my name and contact info, and I'm sure othing will happen, just like every other time they did that in the past.

Cherry on top: while I was checking out in electronics, what do I see on the pile of stuff on the counter? The free Transformers comic that they "never got" during that promo, when I had a big argument that caused me not to come back until today.

hey josh, went to 2 stores in my area(Maryland just outside of DC) #4860 ans #4399. both stores said they didn't have it(Deus Ex) for either ps3 or xbox, i asked the CS desk if that meant they were sold out or never got it, both stores game me no answer. Just hoping to get in on this deal before it expires. any idea when these stores would get their shipments?

[quote name='nerdtown']hey josh, went to 2 stores in my area(Maryland just outside of DC) #4860 ans #4399. both stores said they didn't have it(Deus Ex) for either ps3 or xbox, i asked the CS desk if that meant they were sold out or never got it, both stores game me no answer. Just hoping to get in on this deal before it expires. any idea when these stores would get their shipments?[/QUOTE]

They have them. Unfortunately for you they won't look for it. Josh has confirmed that stores get street-dated games the Friday before unless there is a shipping delay which he would let us know about on here.

[quote name='ssr']First 'bad' experience since I started shopping at KMart nearly a year ago for these deals. Deus Ex was not in stock (no place for it either) for either the 360 or PS3. They also always have the stickers on the front of the glass for what deals they have this week and they didn't have a sticker for the deal either. Not sure what's up cause every time I've ever went there the deals have been prominently advertised, went through without a hitch, and the employees knew about the deal.

I didn't ask an employee as I was in somewhat of a hurry. Not a big deal. I'll check back later this week when I have more time and can ask an employee if it still isn't in stock.

This was in Bowling Green, KY if that matters at all.[/QUOTE]

I used to go to that store from time to time. I haven't stepped foot in that location since the PS Move fiasco I had there. I used to love making the KMart, ToysRUs and Great Escape triangle to scope out cheap games there.

Depending on the deal attached to Star Fox I might pick it up at KMart.

[quote name='sadboy']Damn. I should have had the foresight to know I would have wanted this game. After reading some people's posts and watching the IGN review, I was like, "Dayuummmn..." And since I didn't ask Stockboy to ship any Augmented Editions to my store and my store doesn't have any in stock for the 360, I've decided it's just not something I'm going to get right now.[/QUOTE]

Hate when that happens. A game seems irrelevant until something just clicks to make you want it.

I was ready for Deus Ex only because it got pushed back from its original release dates. Don't remember what it was exactly but there was some preview and video that convinced me. Only way I would have passed is if it were to have gotten destroyed in reviews.

Kinda reminds me of what went down with the first Bioshock. Disregarded it until about 2 weeks prior to launch, then I HAD to have it. Quickly went down to GS to preorder the collector set.

Is Kmart carrying the pc version? If so, does the coupon offer apply? On my way out from work on my iPhone. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Sorry for any nubitry, btw.

so is everyone whose stores only got 4 copies or none at all screwed? or are more shipments gonna be made before the deal runs out? i was really looking forward to this game/deal.

Went to the KMart in Seattle (on Aurora) and they did not have the game. Not sure if they sold out or it hasn't come in yet. I went at around 4pm PST. The sales there could not understand which game I was referring to.

[quote name='diishen']Went to the KMart in Seattle (on Aurora) and they did not have the game. Not sure if they sold out or it hasn't come in yet. I went at around 4pm PST. The sales there could not understand which game I was referring to.[/QUOTE]
The worker who helped me today was like, "Day-what?" I spelled "Deus", and she immediately recognized the game.

Does anyone actually care about the print?

I didn't get it either but why write a big post ranting about it?

The two most important things:

1. Your store actually carried the game on launch day
2. You got your coupon.

[quote name='diishen']Went to the KMart in Seattle (on Aurora) and they did not have the game. Not sure if they sold out or it hasn't come in yet. I went at around 4pm PST. The sales there could not understand which game I was referring to.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that was the first one I went to at about 9am. Then I went to the one on Evergreen, they had four copies of the regular 360 edition (didn't see any for the PS3 strangely) and a hefty stack of the prints. They might still have a copy, but I wouldn't guarantee it. The one on Aurora was a bit ridiculous though, I told the only guy in Electronics the name and he looks at me dumb-founded "day-ess.. wha?" at which point I realized I was wasting my time there.

[quote name='atlantis']Does anyone actually care about the print?

I didn't get it either but why write a big post ranting about it?[/QUOTE]
Because most stores probably got the prints, but employees are either lazy, shoved them somewhere, took them home, or just can't be bothered to look for them.

It's a poor customer experience, and reflects badly on Josh, K-mart, and the great deals he tries to set up. He can't do much about it, but if we don't complain and let him know, the poor service will become status quo.

[quote name='VVaffle']Yeah, that was the first one I went to at about 9am. Then I went to the one on Evergreen, they had four copies of the regular 360 edition (didn't see any for the PS3 strangely) and a hefty stack of the prints. They might still have a copy, but I wouldn't guarantee it. The one on Aurora was a bit ridiculous though, I told the only guy in Electronics the name and he looks at me dumb-founded "day-ess.. wha?" at which point I realized I was wasting my time there.[/QUOTE]
Best bet is to spell out the name or write it down if at all possible. Not everyone working in electronics in a department store like Kmart is a gamer or highly versed on what they're selling.

[quote name='splintercell']

Manager finally arrives. This is an older lady called Rosemary, who has actually helped me with a similar issue before. Not today. She goes straight for the ad, takes a while looking at the games page, announces she doesn't see any free print advertised.

* A ray of hope *
She asks: "Is this one of those blog things?"
Me: "Yes! Yes, it's on the blog!"

* Now the part that will make Josh cry *
She smirks: "You know, I hate to tell you, but those aren't always true. They always start these things...mumble...mumble..."

Cherry on top: while I was checking out in electronics, what do I see on the pile of stuff on the counter? The free Transformers comic that they "never got" during that promo, when I had a big argument that caused me not to come back until today.[/QUOTE]

LOL...i wonder how eager josh is for this to be completely online and in his control

Josh, big thanks for the help with my 15/40 coupon that didn't print out.

I don't know what the corporate impact looks like for gaming at KMart, but you know that you've won a lot of fans here with your great customer service. As I've said before, a lot of us didn't even think of KMart with regards to gaming except for the occasional clearance raid but they have become a force deal-wise to the point where other major retailers are having to craft their deals around what you might offer (BB's deal comes to mind).

It sounds like they might be playing with your budget a little bit and possibly growing impatient and I hope that's not true. But even if it is, it's because one person can't change the entire culture of a retail chain overnight but you can make one heck of a dent.

SI

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back