Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']Sorry. I have been able to pair multiple headsets but I haven't been able to use more then one at a time in a live game. For example if my girlfriend and I were playing Black Ops even though we both had headsets that the PS3 recognized only one would work to play through the chat audio and work as a mic. Both wouldn't work at the same time.[/QUOTE]

ohhh, hmm... not sure about that. were they the same headsets? or were both just bluetooth? maybe u can only do one bluetooth audio device at a time. i have seen multiple ppl (like 3 or 4) from the same ps3 at the same time, just not sure if they were all bluetooth or the same model or wat

surprisingly (not really) the kmart i went to did not have the prints, did get the gaming coupon though but the prints would have been nice too

So josh,
what are your feelings on Gamestop opening all the Deus Ex PC versions and removing the Onlive coupons?
Kinda shady eh >.>

[quote name='Joartrak']So josh,
what are your feelings on Gamestop opening all the Deus Ex PC versions and removing the Onlive coupons?
Kinda shady eh >.>[/QUOTE]

This doesn't surprise me. GS is facing decreasing SS sales, and with the sharp increase of companies requiring codes to play online used games are becoming increasingly less common. Not to mention online competitors or even B&M now accepting trades. Especially the ones for $49.99 or 45.99 on newer releases for people with trade in credit. So a game featuring a competitor's product being opened and removed? Clearly shady, but expected from GS where they have no standards. This may be the beginning of the end for them, I would expect a decrease in games being shipped to them from the studio involved and a complete lack of future preorder exclusive bonuses from many retailers. As for opening a game to remove something the studio put in there, how much you wanna bet if you provide a reciept and contact that same company they give you a new code?

I got the game in the mail today, since my kmart didn't get any PS3 copies I didn't reject it as I planned.

I would play it but 7pm is tigers! Gotta watch them finish off this season every chance I get since I work during many of their games.

[quote name='jer7583']gamestop is despicable. everybody should stop going there immediately.[/QUOTE]

If only it were that easy, since Kmart came along with coupons I have actually been able to afford new games, and before that with finding CAG it was easy enough to find game deals better then Gamestop.

So that leaves me to where the only decent place to pick up games at a discounted price was used games at Gamestop. So pretty sure that still millions of people still fall into the same hole.

Now with this news I don't think I could ever open my wallet for Gamestop ever again. Who is to stop them from opening other "new" games and taking stuff out. There is a no return policy on PC games so what if certain employees took the Serial Code along with the onlive coupon?

It's not just a pretty sketchy thing to do but down right wrong IMO

[quote name='jinxpalm']Wow looks like Walmart beat you on the stupid train Josh. They are offering $10 and Batman Arkan Asylum free with preorder 0_o[/QUOTE]

That is a pretty sweet deal for those that haven't played Arkham Asylum.

I officially started back on the coupon train today with the purchase of Deus Ex. I got my coupon and Deus Ex print with no problems. Also, I just got an email that during the month of September, I get 5x points on all purchases on my SYWR VIP card because its my birthday month.

Wow, Gamestop doing that is simply wrong. They have no right to remove things from the products they sell. If they don't like what's enclosed, they don't have to stock it in the first place. If I were a publisher and a retailer were tampering with the contents of my product, no matter what it was, I would be furious. I also agree that this can be a dangerously slippery slope.

[quote name='addicted2games']I officially started back on the coupon train today with the purchase of Deus Ex. I got my coupon and Deus Ex print with no problems. Also, I just got an email that during the month of September, I get 5x points on all purchases on my SYWR VIP card because its my birthday month.[/QUOTE]
SYWR's is actually a pretty cool loyalty program and I'm trying to say that not necessarily from a my buyer perspective. They do a bunch of cool events that in my mind really push the savings coupons to a new level. SYWR + Coupons, not too shabby.

[quote name='Preedatore']That is a pretty sweet deal for those that haven't played Arkham Asylum.[/QUOTE]
Definitely sets the bar.

[quote name='Joartrak']So josh,
Kinda shady eh >.>[/QUOTE]
Sounds like Blockbuster trying to kill a start up called Netflix.

At the end of the day, customers will decide what format they want (digital vs. packaged) and pulling out cards won't stop the inevitable and positive development in the industry that is digital distribution.

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been posted but when does the Deus Ex coupon expire? Trying to gauge the deadline to get the next game in the coupon train...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Sounds like Blockbuster trying to kill a start up called Netflix.

At the end of the day, customers will decide what format they want (digital vs. packaged) and pulling out cards won't stop the inevitable and positive development in the industry that is digital distribution.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to defend gamestop at all but I think digital distribution is a very bad thing. Steam is the only one that has shown that they are open to drastic price cuts and discounts to traditionally "retail only" games in a digital storefront.

Do you think that's because publishers don't want to undercut retail partners or because they just see games on demand and the full retail releases on PSN as a "premium" offering and feel that people will pay full msrp to have the games instantly via download?

Digital distribution reduces competition and price cuts. It seems like a bad thing to me, at least on consoles.

If we get to the point where 50% or more of the retail presence of console games are prepaid cards and redemption cards, do you think discounts and offers like we see now from kmart for example still be possible?

[quote name='blahtastic']Hey guys, sorry if this has already been posted but when does the Deus Ex coupon expire? Trying to gauge the deadline to get the next game in the coupon train...[/QUOTE]

valid 8/28/11 through 10/08/11

My closest KMART still doesn't have the game, (Deus Ex) so I'm just gonna get it elsewhere. Coupons don't mean much if I can't count on them to actually have the games I want for sale.

they have it, they're just not putting it out for sale. you need to send josh an email about that store, even if you don't go back.

[quote name='hostyl1']So not even a mention of *when* the Madden TBD will be revealed huh?[/QUOTE]
I basically passed out in a meeting today and had to take the rest if the day off, we will post it tomorrow.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I basically passed out in a meeting today and had to take the rest if the day off, we will post it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'm really happy with how well things have been going at my Kmart. Thanks again Josh. I hope you have downtime schedule over the next few months. Looks like it'll be a very busy fall!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I basically passed out in a meeting today and had to take the rest if the day off, we will post it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

You ok Josh? Maybe your working too hard.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Definitely sets the bar.[/QUOTE]
Just curious if you guys know,do they send you Arkham Asylum right away?Yeah,i'm a little late getting into the Batman games,lol.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I can't help but wonder what Josh thinks of Deus Ex, if he's had time with it yet. I know it's one he's been looking forward to.[/QUOTE]
It'd be funny if he secretly hoarded like a dozen copies of the Augmented Edition. "My preciousss..."

Last edited by a moderator:
8[quote name='addicted2games']I officially started back on the coupon train today with the purchase of Deus Ex. I got my coupon and Deus Ex print with no problems. Also, I just got an email that during the month of September, I get 5x points on all purchases on my SYWR VIP card because its my birthday month.[/QUOTE]
I didnt get such a deal during July my birthday month!

[quote name='jiggyteddy']8
I didnt get such a deal during July my birthday month![/QUOTE]

Are you a SWYR VIP? That may be the reason.

[quote name='addicted2games']I officially started back on the coupon train today with the purchase of Deus Ex. I got my coupon and Deus Ex print with no problems. Also, I just got an email that during the month of September, I get 5x points on all purchases on my SYWR VIP card because its my birthday month.[/QUOTE]

I would love to get 5% on my purchases in my birthday month, November. Now if only I could convince my wife to let me get a game or two.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Wow looks like Walmart beat you on the stupid train Josh. They are offering $10 and Batman Arkan Asylum free with preorder 0_o[/QUOTE]

Why does it have to be "the stupid train"? Fine, if another retailer is offering a good deal, but don't be a troll on the Kmart thread.

Our Kmart in Green Bay didn't receive any copies of Deus Ex on their truck. Is there a way I can still get it and the deal? This is my first time ever experiencing any problems with the stock of an item their.

[quote name='Midnight Express']Why does it have to be "the stupid train"? Fine, if another retailer is offering a good deal, but don't be a troll on the Kmart thread.[/QUOTE]

josh specifically mentioned trying to set up something stupid (his words) for batman arkham city

[quote name='Midnight Express']Why does it have to be "the stupid train"? Fine, if another retailer is offering a good deal, but don't be a troll on the Kmart thread.[/QUOTE]I don't think he meant to sound like he was trolling--a few weeks back, Josh said (more or less) that he was planning "to get really stupid with B:AC", saying that he would (hopefully) have a killer deal for Arkham City. That's probably why jinxpalm used the term "stupid train". :p

[quote name='Vigilante']I don't think he meant to sound like he was trolling--a few weeks back, Josh said (more or less) that he was planning "to get really stupid with B:AC", saying that he would (hopefully) have a killer deal for Arkham City. That's probably why jinxpalm used the term "stupid train". :p[/QUOTE]

My bad jinxpalm, I must have missed it, it just seems like lately a few have been really rude about the deals. I admit the Walmart Batman deal will be hard to beat especially since I never played the original. I have confidence that Josh will come through will some great deals for the AAA fall releases.

[quote name='panda911']Are you a SWYR VIP? That may be the reason.[/QUOTE]
Oh damn. My eyes are giving out on me. My fault guys! Thanks for reminding me of my numbskullness.

[quote name='stevocbk24']Our Kmart in Green Bay didn't receive any copies of Deus Ex on their truck. Is there a way I can still get it and the deal? This is my first time ever experiencing any problems with the stock of an item their.[/QUOTE]

they are lying - all stores were shipped copies of the game last week or earlier for sale on tuesday.

Send an email with the store location and even better, the employee who told you it didn't come on the truck (lol) to the kmartgamerhelp email in the first post of this thread. They should be able to help.

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']Just curious if you guys know,do they send you Arkham Asylum right away?Yeah,i'm a little late getting into the Batman games,lol.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that it will be a code for downloading AA off of the marketplace. That's just speculation on my part though.

Finally got my poster from the Penn Station Kmart. Was lucky this morning when looking for it after seeing all the pics showing the posters on the shelve. When I was about to give up one of the employees was walking to the electronics department with the posters but the cashier yelled at the guy to put them BACK into the toy department. Tried to explain to her that it comes free with the game. She had the deer in headlights look but an old women explained to her the deal and got my poster.

wait, so for those who have gotten it or seen it work. basically, the poster gets rung up at 4.99 but if u get deus ex, there's a 4.99 discount?
so i should just grab the 8x10 and a game and have them ring it up and it'll be fine?

[quote name='Preedatore']$5 EA Sports Coupon (should be confirmed today)

Sorry, but where and what can this coupon be used on?[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming MUT related stuff or EA DLC.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']wait, so for those who have gotten it or seen it work. basically, the poster gets rung up at 4.99 but if u get deus ex, there's a 4.99 discount?
so i should just grab the 8x10 and a game and have them ring it up and it'll be fine?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you also need to swipe your SYWR card to activate the discount, but this is something everyone should be doing anyway. But yes, this is what has been reported.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I'd be a fantasy to hope K-Mart will get Disgaea 4 or White Knight Chronicles 2 wouldn't it?[/QUOTE]

I don't recall any mention of WKC2, but D4 is confirmed to not be carried. Not that this stops people from asking for the promotion. ;) I'm hoping Disgaea 4 comes with a Mortal Kombat T-shirt, personally.

[quote name='confoosious']Is there any truth to the rumor that kmartgamer is changing their motto to "we don't take our codes out of the box"?[/QUOTE]
KmartGamer: We Actually Like Our Customers.

Any word on possible bonuses for Dead Island, Gears 3, RAGE, or Dark Souls yet? I wouldn't mind canceling my Amazon pre-orders and driving for 30 minutes if it was for some nice bonuses ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back