Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Total success at the 56th Street store in Tampa, FL.

They were well stocked too -- better than what people are saying here. Three copies left of Dead Island for 360, four copies of Driver: San Fransisco for 360 and five copies of Resistance 3 after I bought mine.

Giving the phone number for the SYWR account I made online a few hours ago worked great -- thanks to avalance4 for that heads up. Got all three coupons with no problem (R3, Driver and Dead Island.)

Can't wait to get Gears of War 3 for $5, haha. Hell, cheaper than that when I apply my points!

I called my Kmart in Modesto, CA (Kmart #3345), and the videogames guy claimed that they don't have Dead Island in stock. I asked him for Dead Island, and he took several minutes to check, and came back and told me they have copies of Dead Space 2 in stock. I told him a new game called Dead Island was supposed to come out today. He claimed they haven't received any shipments today, and are expecting a shipment tomorrow. What a load of bullcrap.

I think I'm going to just buy from Toys R Us instead, and get the $15 gift card.

[quote name='horns456']Anyone using the Deus Ex $20 credit for Rage or Dark Souls on 10/4? I counted days on my calendar 3 times and come up with 43 days (including the release date) so I think the coupon will just barely make it to cover either of those games.[/QUOTE]

u should be able to i believe, deus ex coupon expires the 8th.

[quote name='Marauder7']Lost my coupon but have the digital copy. Would they take it if I only print the barcode part or do I have to print the WHOLE coupon including the legal verbage?[/QUOTE]

u might be able to do the top part where it tells u its a 20 coupon etc etc. but a warnin, some places have been screwed by coupons in the past and so are cautious. i used a coupon a few weeks back and they had to talk to the manager in case it was fradulent. so i'd print it all to be safe.

[quote name='avalanche4']I don't want to misspeak or give bad advice, but I believe I signed up online and then gave my phone number during the transaction when asked if I have an SYWR account. This was quick and easy, although there might be a waiting period between signing up and activation (I'm not sure since I registered the day before buying). A link to the SYWR site should be in the first post if that's the way you want to go.[/QUOTE]

that works too, but does require a long waitin time to get the card. and i dont think theres a period between sign up and use

[quote name='Brother Daz']Pick up dead island for the xbox today, received the coupon without any problems. they guy working in electronics was surprised I got one since he said he sold a PS3 copy about an hour before and that guy didnt get a coupon.[/QUOTE]

prob cuz they didnt use a sywr acc i'd assume

[quote name='lude21']No problem!! unfortunately the dudes in this thread dont grasp the concept. They rather pay full price for games, and jump through hoops to get coupons. Plus most of the time, the freakin place doesnt even have the game on the floor yet on release day. I just wait till games drop substantially or use cheap credit from flips on something i want a.s.a.p. (which is rare). I will be buying BF3 when it releases at GS. But in the end, it will cost me $10-$20 from flips. :)

Oh and in case you guys missed it, Deus Ex will be $34.99 at TRU 9/11-9/17.[/QUOTE]

so... the point of ur post was to bash not only kmart but the ppl who partake in the deals? and idk bout u, i pick them up around release... and i go through no hoops. the same as u waiting for price drops and buying teh game. except i wait more like 15 minutes instead of weeks. then we both go through the process of checking out.

[quote name='Gerry P.']Check the OP.[/QUOTE]

so he's saying no (to whoever posted the question)

would i be able to buy dead island before sat and return and rebuy so i can use the gaming coupon i got for resistance 3?

[quote name='ckim85']would i be able to buy dead island before sat and return and rebuy so i can use the gaming coupon i got for resistance 3?[/QUOTE]

No, any coupon you get with Dead Island or Resistance 3 this week is valid for the same dates: 9/11-10/22. You couldn't use the coupon this week.

got my copy of resistance 3 but not with a little trouble.
i swiped my sywr card and it didnt give me a 20 dollar coupon. so the cashier just keeps trying to scan and reprint it.
he said something about the requirement of spending more than 59.99 (which im sure is not a requirement) and scanned two games without the sywr card and out came the coupon.
i have no idea what happened but im glad it worked out.

@Josh and/or Andrew: Manhattan KMarts (Astor and Penn) had no stock of R3. Had all the other release games though. If by chance they don't have it by the end of the week, can we do rain checks?

Bought DI and I goofed as I didn't know you had to be a SYWR member in order for the coupons to print out. Will I be able to go back to the store, sign up and then request the coupon or something?

The Latham, NY store was nothing short of incompetent once again. I showed up around 5:30 to pick up Resistance 3 and Dead Island for the PS3. They had none of today's releases for PS3 or 360 on the shelf. I told the woman the games I was looking for and she asked if they were in the ad. I showed her the ad and she said she'd go look in back. She comes back a while later and tells me they only have the 360 versions.

I told her that every single time I go to that K-Mart they never have the games out and they have to scrounge around to find them. And how the last time I went to that K-Mart, the guy insisted they never got any PS3 games in only to find the box of them sitting in the cage right behind him an hour later (I was still hanging around an hour later because I was waiting for a response from StockBoy which never arrived because apparently he was in Europe or something.)

So the woman goes back again. She returns a while later with a lone copy of Resistance. She says that's the only PS3 game she found and then asks if I want her to call the manager. I say sure and she talks to the manager over the phone. She hangs up and tells me that the manager said all the games were put out that morning and that they sold out except for this one copy of Resistance that was in back.

So let me see if I understand this correctly... Someone at K-Mart decided early that morning that they were going to put out every new PS3 game but leave all the 360 games in a box in back, AND it so happens that every single copy of Resistance 3 (but one), Dead Island and Driver were bought out that same day. At a K-Mart that's notorious for never knowing where their stock is or ever having them put out in a timely manner. Sure.

Needless to say, I got Resistance 3 and left. Next closest K-Marts are a half hour away. Grrr...

After reading all the stories of employees not being able to find stock @ the store and wasting 20+ minutes looking for a game... I cant help but wonder, does k-mart not have any type of electronic/computer inventory system? I find it hard to believe employees are stuck looking for inventory by hand in the backroom. In all my visits I never seen an employee check a computer station before heading for the game case (And WHY are they checking the game case after u tell them you just checked and didnt find it? lol) I mean I go to BB or TRU, asked for help locating a game and first time they do is check their inventory on their terminals :\ this might be worth checking into

You can print out the upc code and bring with, I haven't run into stock issues but have done this when looking for titles on the price drop list. They were able to check in store they were out, but found it at another location.
[quote name='kennedykougar']After reading all the stories of employees not being able to find stock @ the store and wasting 20+ minutes looking for a game... I cant help but wonder, does k-mart not have any type of electronic/computer inventory system? I find it hard to believe employees are stuck looking for inventory by hand in the backroom. In all my visits I never seen an employee check a computer station before heading for the game case (And WHY are they checking the game case after u tell them you just checked and didnt find it? lol) I mean I go to BB or TRU, asked for help locating a game and first time they do is check their inventory on their terminals :\ this might be worth checking into[/QUOTE]

[quote name='izakq']Bought DI and I goofed as I didn't know you had to be a SYWR member in order for the coupons to print out. Will I be able to go back to the store, sign up and then request the coupon or something?[/QUOTE]

What you could do possibly is sign up and try a return and rebuy your return with your sywr card it shouldnt be a problem as in the end it only means a sale down the road.

Also does anybody know who I contact about new release day one stock quantities?

NHL12 has me scared as my store(that other MART) only got 4 copies for ps3 and is known to only get that initial shipment for the entire season...which is odd considering I live in a big hockey market.

5th post first page has what you want.
[quote name='bigdaddykyler']What you could do possibly is sign up and try a return and rebuy your return with your sywr card it shouldnt be a problem as in the end it only means a sale down the road.

Also does anybody know who I contact about new release day one stock quantities?

NHL12 has me scared as my store(that other MART) only got 4 copies for ps3 and is known to only get that initial shipment for the entire season...which is odd considering I live in a big hockey market.[/QUOTE]

Went in this afternoon to snag DI. Guy told me they were all sold out... at 3pm (Thats like selling out of Big Macs at McDonalds... during breakfast hrs). He suggested I go pick it up at FYE if I really wanted it. Debating driving 10 hrs to sizzler and buying a steak dinner or buying a hallmark card of a sad panda...

Went to Kmart #3405 and they didn't have Dead Island in stock. When I asked if they sold out, the employee told me they never got it in.

That's a shame.

Picked up Resistance 3 with $20 coupon no problems. Seems to be a hot seller, because I got the last copy on the floor. The employee said he needed to go restock the floor from the stash in the back.

This is actually my first time having stock problems at KMart for release day. It's like none of my local stores got their shipment of R3. I think I was the first person to ask when I went during lunch hour.

Hi Josh and/or Andrew,

My local store (in Valencia, CA, 91355, #3018) has not received the shipment of Resistence 3 yet. Do you have any idea on the ETA of the game at this location?

Thanks.

Josh or Stock Boy - MW3 Hardened? (Y/N)

On a related note, slightly saddened that there is no Prestige edition, which means no silly toy to play with.

[quote name='panda911']Josh or Stock Boy - MW3 Hardened? (Y/N)

On a related note, slightly saddened that there is no Prestige edition, which means no silly toy to play with.[/QUOTE]

Buy 2 G.I JOES and name them price and soap, problem solved

Sucks, I had my fiancee go pick up Dead Island for me since I had to work twelve hours and my Kmart did not have any. Needless to say I was bummed when I got home.

Went to Kmart today to look for Deus Ex for PS3, but they're out :(. The guy in the electronics section was nice and gave me a raincheck though. Hopefully it'll be back in stock soon.

Ahh I'm glad I'm not the only one who had problems at this store.. I went first thing this morning at 8:30 and went back to the electronics no where were the games to be found I asked the electronics guy and he said they did not get them in. I was like WTF it is suppose to be out today he said try back later to see if we get a shipment I knew they had copies tho I left because I had to go to college. I then called later in the day about an hour later and they said they found copies lying underneath some other games ?! I asked if they could save me one since I was already there in the morning and they did so I went back in and grabbed my copy so tedious. They need to get their games in order!!

[quote name='Kain']The Latham, NY store was nothing short of incompetent once again. I showed up around 5:30 to pick up Resistance 3 and Dead Island for the PS3. They had none of today's releases for PS3 or 360 on the shelf. I told the woman the games I was looking for and she asked if they were in the ad. I showed her the ad and she said she'd go look in back. She comes back a while later and tells me they only have the 360 versions.

I told her that every single time I go to that K-Mart they never have the games out and they have to scrounge around to find them. And how the last time I went to that K-Mart, the guy insisted they never got any PS3 games in only to find the box of them sitting in the cage right behind him an hour later (I was still hanging around an hour later because I was waiting for a response from StockBoy which never arrived because apparently he was in Europe or something.)

So the woman goes back again. She returns a while later with a lone copy of Resistance. She says that's the only PS3 game she found and then asks if I want her to call the manager. I say sure and she talks to the manager over the phone. She hangs up and tells me that the manager said all the games were put out that morning and that they sold out except for this one copy of Resistance that was in back.

So let me see if I understand this correctly... Someone at K-Mart decided early that morning that they were going to put out every new PS3 game but leave all the 360 games in a box in back, AND it so happens that every single copy of Resistance 3 (but one), Dead Island and Driver were bought out that same day. At a K-Mart that's notorious for never knowing where their stock is or ever having them put out in a timely manner. Sure.

Needless to say, I got Resistance 3 and left. Next closest K-Marts are a half hour away. Grrr...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dansoccerball']Ahh I'm glad I'm not the only one who had problems at this store.. I went first thing this morning at 8:30 and went back to the electronics no where were the games to be found I asked the electronics guy and he said they did not get them in. I was like WTF it is suppose to be out today he said try back later to see if we get a shipment I knew they had copies tho I left because I had to go to college. I then called later in the day about an hour later and they said they found copies lying underneath some other games ?! I asked if they could save me one since I was already there in the morning and they did so I went back in and grabbed my copy so tedious. They need to get their games in order!![/QUOTE]

Community college?

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake']Went in this afternoon to snag DI. Guy told me they were all sold out... at 3pm (Thats like selling out of Big Macs at McDonalds... during breakfast hrs). He suggested I go pick it up at FYE if I really wanted it. Debating driving 10 hrs to sizzler and buying a steak dinner or buying a hallmark card of a sad panda...[/QUOTE]
You eat too much greasy food. Just kidding.

Anyway, I managed pick up a copy of Resistance 3. While checking out, the cashier ran into a slight snag when she took off $20 using my SYRW points. She asked me to pay the difference before should could redeem my points, or something to that effect. I'm going to have to double-check my receipt to make sure my transaction was legit, because there was slight discrepancy between what I saw on the screen and on my receipt.

Other than that, there were very few copies of both Dead Island and Resistance 3 remaining.

[quote name='lude21']No problem!! unfortunately the dudes in this thread dont grasp the concept. They rather pay full price for games, and jump through hoops to get coupons. Plus most of the time, the freakin place doesnt even have the game on the floor yet on release day. I just wait till games drop substantially[...][/QUOTE]
This just in: prices drop over time. More at 11.

wow, lots of people having trouble today. not the least of which were kmart employees simply OVERWHELMED by there being 5 or so new releases.

shameful that these stores can't organize and display this stuff in like, an hour during the morning.

I have a question to everyone, do you guys think if I grab a couple of PSN cards from Target and try to buy and activate them at Kmart would work? I don't see a reason why they wouldn't but I guess I can't be the only one to NEVER find PSN cards at various Kmart's. The Kmarts here in Chicago never have the $20 ones and I've ended up buying the $50 and using my coupons on those.

[quote name='jer7583']wow, lots of people having trouble today. not the least of which were kmart employees simply OVERWHELMED by there being 5 or so new releases.

shameful that these stores can't organize and display this stuff in like, an hour during the morning.[/QUOTE]
I just don't understand it. I worked retail for a long time for places like TRU and Gamestop. If at any of those places a manager came in and found out that brand new releases weren't put out employees would be fired and replaced with people that can follow simple job tasks. In this economy there's plenty of people lined up to take their place.

I went to get Space Marine today and after searching the store for 20 minutes for an employee was told it wasn't there. Sure I probably could have argued and it would have been found in the back, but why should I? I'm not going to argue with the store to give them money. I went two stores down to Gamestop and used some credit to get the game. I may not like GS all that much, but at least their stock is always there to be sold.

Hey josh, any chance we see a deal on the ps3 wireless 7.1 headset? I usually game at night so not waking up the whole house at 2am with gun noises would be a plus.

Will Kmart be stocking the MW3 limited Xbox? Id love to pick it up with some coupons, and maybe even get a new one. ;)

[quote name='actripxl']I have a question to everyone, do you guys think if I grab a couple of PSN cards from Target and try to buy and activate them at Kmart would work? I don't see a reason why they wouldn't but I guess I can't be the only one to NEVER find PSN cards at various Kmart's. The Kmarts here in Chicago never have the $20 ones and I've ended up buying the $50 and using my coupons on those.[/QUOTE]

That's a good question - curious about this too.

[quote name='CAG90210']Went to Kmart today to look for Deus Ex for PS3, but they're out :(. The guy in the electronics section was nice and gave me a raincheck though. Hopefully it'll be back in stock soon.[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex will be $34.99 at TRU 9/11-9/17 :)

Picked up dead island , swiped the rewards card and $20 coupon printed out only down fall is the date, rather have it be good that day instead of having to go back

Oddly enough, my KMart didn't have Resistance 3, but had plenty of Dead Island for both platforms. Picked up a copy for the PS3, and the coupon printed off fine.

On a side note, I really hope I can get Star Fox on Friday with no problems. Given Nintendo's odd release dates, it's always a miracle if the staff puts out copies.

Whelp, yesterday was supposed to be the day I took the plunge onto the Kmart bandwagon, but stupid Kmart said their shipment of Dead Island "hadn't come in yet." I'm not dealing with a store that doesn't sell games the day they're supposed to come out, I'm sorry. Oh well, their loss.

I went a few blocks away to Toys R Us, picked up Dead Island + $15 gift card (that DOESN'T expire in a month), with a videogames guy who knew exactly what he was doing and knew all about the $15 gift card promotion, and now I'm all ready to go back on Sunday to buy Deus Ex for $35.

[quote name='sTaTIx']Whelp, yesterday was supposed to be the day I took the plunge onto the Kmart bandwagon, but stupid Kmart said their shipment of Dead Island "hadn't come in yet." I'm not dealing with a store that doesn't sell games the day they're supposed to come out, I'm sorry. Oh well, their loss.

I went a few blocks away to Toys R Us, picked up Dead Island + $15 gift card (that DOESN'T expire in a month), with a videogames guy who knew exactly what he was doing and knew all about the $15 gift card promotion, and now I'm all ready to go back on Sunday to buy Deus Ex for $35.[/QUOTE]
Dead Island blew up yesterday, I doubt they didn't get their shipment but it is possible it sold out which isn't right just the same.

Unfortunately I am no longer deciding the buy quantities in the stores since NCAA 12 on.....seems like that's when we started seeing some OOS issues, hmmmm.

[quote name='actripxl']I have a question to everyone, do you guys think if I grab a couple of PSN cards from Target and try to buy and activate them at Kmart would work? I don't see a reason why they wouldn't but I guess I can't be the only one to NEVER find PSN cards at various Kmart's. The Kmarts here in Chicago never have the $20 ones and I've ended up buying the $50 and using my coupons on those.[/QUOTE]

uh, isn't this stealing?

also all this Dead Island trouble has me hoping i'm able to get a copy on friday : * (

[quote name='Tonnous24']Any word on Kmart getting the Gears 3 360?[/QUOTE]
We will have the Gears 3 Console, and with it you'll get the Gears Triple Pack Free :)

First person to pm me gets my resistance 3 air fuel grenade amazon code. I figured since I'm not going to use it (lol for not putting this weapon in the game) someone here who is buying the game at kmart during this sale can have it :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']Code is officially taken guys. Can't wait to play r3 ! Hopefully later today[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much!

I am also the best in the world at what I do. ;)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Unfortunately I am no longer deciding the buy quantities in the stores since NCAA 12 on.....seems like that's when we started seeing some OOS issues, hmmmm.[/QUOTE]
That doesn't sound good. Can't you go up to that guy, and be like, "You're doing it all wrong"?

[quote name='burz88']Will Kmart be stocking the MW3 limited Xbox? Id love to pick it up with some coupons, and maybe even get a new one. ;)[/QUOTE]
Yes we will actually, working on an offer with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back