Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sadboy']That doesn't sound good. Can't you go up to that guy, and be like, "You're doing it all wrong"?[/QUOTE]
New management :)

[quote name='mackie619']Hey josh, any chance we see a deal on the ps3 wireless 7.1 headset? I usually game at night so not waking up the whole house at 2am with gun noises would be a plus.[/QUOTE]
Yes, we will actively discount and have other offers lined up with these headphones.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Dead Island blew up yesterday, I doubt they didn't get their shipment but it is possible it sold out which isn't right just the same.

Unfortunately I am no longer deciding the buy quantities in the stores since NCAA 12 on.....seems like that's when we started seeing some OOS issues, hmmmm.[/QUOTE]

Better knock some sense into the buyer than. Only 2 - 3 copies for a AAA title COME ON :) Hopefully Penn has some copies tucked away somewhere when I head down there during lunch.

[quote name='beene1000']Oddly enough, my KMart didn't have Resistance 3, but had plenty of Dead Island for both platforms. Picked up a copy for the PS3, and the coupon printed off fine.

On a side note, I really hope I can get Star Fox on Friday with no problems. Given Nintendo's odd release dates, it's always a miracle if the staff puts out copies.[/QUOTE]
Looking into this, shouldn't be an issue but I've had enough emails about Resistance 3 that makes me concerned. Not about the shipping, I don't think that is a problem at all but where some stores put them is something I am looking into.

[quote name='Marauder7']Better knock some sense into the buyer than. Only 2 - 3 copies for a AAA title COME ON :) Hopefully Penn has some copies tucked away somewhere when I head down there during lunch.[/QUOTE]
The inventory team is buying the items now :) The buyer is, well, I'm still figuring that out since I am back to being the buyer!!!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The inventory team is buying the items now :) The buyer is, well, I'm still figuring that out since I am back to being the buyer!!![/QUOTE]

No problem, if I do find a copy of R3 at Penn I'm hoping that they take my digital copy of the Deus Ex coupon. Worst case I'll drown myself in cholesterol at Charlies :)

It sounds like this new management in charge of buying is not really even paying attention to the quality/excitement around games.

Sure, during the summer and spring months you probably would buy less because people aren't shopping for games as much, but now that all these big titles are coming out they should be stocking more.

it seems like they've looked at some of the slower movers and just said, "well, we will only stock limited numbers for videogames because many of them don't move right away".

Guess it just feels like this new tactic isn't evaluating the market's demand, they're just underbuying everything instead.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Josh's fingers must be falling off with his constant responding lol. Keep up the good work bud !

Oh and are there going to be any deals for the god of war and ico collections ?[/QUOTE]
Planning a $15 coupon on both, thx.

[quote name='jer7583']It sounds like this new management in charge of buying is not really even paying attention to the quality/excitement around games.

Sure, during the summer and spring months you probably would buy less because people aren't shopping for games as much, but now that all these big titles are coming out they should be stocking more.

it seems like they've looked at some of the slower movers and just said, "well, we will only stock limited numbers for videogames because many of them don't move right away".

Guess it just feels like this new tactic isn't evaluating the market's demand, they're just underbuying everything instead.[/QUOTE]
I'm still feeling my way on everything with all the changes. We'll find a balance.

I'd say overall though there is a strong desire to reduce weeks of supply.

[quote name='mebegod']hey josh any upcoming deals on point card
thanks in advance[/QUOTE]
Nothing straight up but there will be some combo offers with new releases.

[quote name='nnthomas']uh, isn't this stealing?

also all this Dead Island trouble has me hoping i'm able to get a copy on friday : * ([/QUOTE]

How is it stealing if there is no value on anything until the card is activated? Sure Target will be down two cards, but considering how many they lose I doubt it being a problem. Sony still gets their money and Kmart rings up the the transaction, I would prefer for Kmart to have them instock but the NEVER do.

$20 coupons from Deus Ex and Madden werent working on 4000 MS Point cards, didnt bother trying them with the 1600 point cards as the cashiers were starting to get suspicious about the coupons that the system didnt recognize. Of course both coupons worked just fine on a game. Could this signal the end of using the coupons on point cards?

[quote name='actripxl']I have a question to everyone, do you guys think if I grab a couple of PSN cards from Target and try to buy and activate them at Kmart would work? I don't see a reason why they wouldn't but I guess I can't be the only one to NEVER find PSN cards at various Kmart's. The Kmarts here in Chicago never have the $20 ones and I've ended up buying the $50 and using my coupons on those.[/QUOTE]

So you are talking about taking inventory from a store and taking said inventory to another store for the purchase? You may tell yourself it isn't stealing, but you cannot tell me Target gets Sony/MS point cards for free and only get reimbursed when they sell them. I would bet they purchase those cards for sale. The inventory taken from a store is that store losing out on a purchase, so it is stealing no matter how you look at it. Just because they aren't activated until they are scanned doesn't mean they are just free point cards until the transaction. Look at it this way, if you were caught walking out of a store with those do you think Target security or local police would agree with your thought process on the topic?

Thanks for the potential deals Josh. I didn't get to buy any of the copies I was going to purchase. I spent half my day going to the local kmarts and none of them had Dead Island, Resistance, or Rise of Nightmares. So, instead of what would have been a sure sale for all of those I will wait until they come down in price. The amount of time, gas, bridge toll, etc made the purchase sour for me, and I don't want to spend more time trying to find copies at the local K's. I think the excuse I received, "the holiday", seemed like an excuse because all the other local stores in the area, Fred M, Target, Gamestop, etc all had copies of all three titles. Then reading how most stores only received a couple copies if they got them at all also convinced me to save the $. Either way, thank you for the potential deals. I tried to bite on them.

[quote name='actripxl']I have a question to everyone, do you guys think if I grab a couple of PSN cards from Target and try to buy and activate them at Kmart would work? I don't see a reason why they wouldn't but I guess I can't be the only one to NEVER find PSN cards at various Kmart's. The Kmarts here in Chicago never have the $20 ones and I've ended up buying the $50 and using my coupons on those.[/QUOTE]

So you are talking about taking/stealing inventory from a store and taking said inventory to another store for the purchase? You may tell yourself it isn't stealing, but you cannot tell me Target gets Sony/MS point cards for free and only get reimbursed when they sell them. I would bet they purchase those cards for sale. Even if that isn't the case that is questionable morals. The inventory taken from a store is that store losing out on a purchase, so it is stealing no matter how you look at it. Just because they aren't activated until they are scanned doesn't mean they are just free point cards until the transaction.

I work at Target genius, and we're not going to stop anyone that takes those cards because they are worthless until activated. Hell if we see you scratching one off and copying the number we won't do anything but make a joke on the persons stupidity.

You obviously have no idea how many we throw away on a weekly basis, 2 missing is nothing compared to the sheer amount that get trashed on purpose. This wouldn't even be an issue if Kmart 1) would actually have $20 PSN cards or 2) allow us to combine two coupons from the same game so that we can purchase a $50 card and only pay $10.

[quote name='actripxl']I work at Target genius, and we're not going to stop anyone that takes those cards because they are worthless until activated. Hell if we see you scratching one off and copying the number we won't do anything but make a joke on the persons stupidity.

You obviously have no idea how many we throw away on a weekly basis, 2 missing is nothing compared to the sheer amount that get trashed on purpose. This wouldn't even be an issue if Kmart 1) would actually have $20 PSN cards or 2) allow us to combine two coupons from the same game so that we can purchase a $50 card and only pay $10.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Your kidding right. You must be. You work at target, and your talking about taking inventory from where you work? If you cannot figure any of this out and if you know so much, why do you bother to post your question, 'genius'. :roll: Regardless of whay 'YOU' think is moral. Your not talking about taking point cards from the trash. Which still makes zero sense why anyone would 'throw away point cards on a weekly basis?? It doesn't matter how many is thrown out. You are taking inventory from a store, which could sell said item, but won't be able to because you took it. How about this, ask your manager/store owner what they think about your master plan. Plus the kicker is you work there. What if everyone that worked there did that?? Before you start acting condescending you should take a look in the mirror for a minute.

Also, you know what they say about arguing with people on the internet... Again, if you don't want feedback to a question, then don't ask the question.

Well stopped buy the greenbelt md store again. Thay said they haven't received dead island yet it was suppose to come in yesterday but it might be on the truck. I look at the bargain table and I saw the psp games there marked down to 9.99.

I picked up 3rd birthday,beaterator and tomb raider anniversary. I was debating on ghost recon.

There were others on the table like the ghost of sparta but No 9.99 sticker on it.

Yesterday I asked the lady to scan the move games like eye pet and such the handheld scanner said 39.99. I asked her to scan 3rd birthday it was 19.99 but today it is out with a 9.99 sticker on it.

There is 1 copy of R3 at Kmart Penn located in the class case next to the registers and not the one across. Didn't see any Dead Island thoe.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Hey Josh, how is the Website coming along? I would love to snag come big releases for PC with coupon functionality.[/QUOTE]
It coming along alright, supposed to have some updates this week on it.

Overall they pushed back me getting coupons online until "prior to holiday." I follow up with them every day on it.

Picked up Deus Ex for $25 on Sunday after a spur of the moment Madden purchase Saturday night. Knowing the Deus Ex sale ahead of time sold at least one extra copy of Madden :)

And not to go off topic or anything, but am I the only one that finds it hilarious that a topic of conversation in this thread is taking unactivated point cards from one store, and bringing them to another (K-Mart) in order to pay for them in said store?? I don't know if that speaks to Josh's ability to make killer sales, or K-Mart's inability to satisfy demand for these cards. I know my store hasn't had any 1600 Microsoft point cards since Black Friday of last year when I wanted in on the Mass Effect 2 deal. And yes, I've checked the several gift card racks, as well as the two pegs dedicated to the cards in the gaming section. Just curious, did we ever get a definite reason on why K-Mart can't seem to stock these?

[quote name='jkircos']Josh, I asked before but do you have any plans for a PS3 deal?[/QUOTE]

Asked Josh the same question and he said to wait until end of October/November

Josh,
Went to get a copy of Madden 12 for a buddy and use the $5 coupon on it.... cashier said it wasn't valid on this game because it was a 2012 sports game. Only 2011 sports games were eligible. :/

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']LOL. Your kidding right. You must be. You work at target, and your talking about taking inventory from where you work? If you cannot figure any of this out and if you know so much, why do you bother to post your question, 'genius'. :roll: Regardless of whay 'YOU' think is moral. Your not talking about taking point cards from the trash. Which still makes zero sense why anyone would 'throw away point cards on a weekly basis?? It doesn't matter how many is thrown out. You are taking inventory from a store, which could sell said item, but won't be able to because you took it. How about this, ask your manager/store owner what they think about your master plan. Plus the kicker is you work there. What if everyone that worked there did that?? Before you start acting condescending you should take a look in the mirror for a minute.

Also, you know what they say about arguing with people on the internet... Again, if you don't want feedback to a question, then don't ask the question.[/QUOTE]

Considering during that time that axe had those codes for free ms point finally went on clearance and let us get all those coupons at that point I'm not to worried. Just like how we're not going to stop some one from taking off the coupon from an unpurchased item and allow them to use it on one they will, because there's no value until its used. We get tons of Polish visitors that grab the ATT cards thinking they'll work and we NEVER stop them. Why? The store doesn't care unless said item is worth something which the cards have ZERO monetary value until ACTIVATED.

Target doesn't buy the stack of cards and then makes a profit on the number they have on the shelf, they make money on the number of activation's. Hell we still have cards that have the Warhawk ship and those were discontinued over a year(maybe two) ago. When the cards arrive they come shrinked wraped with a bar code, that bar code could be to a particular retailer, hence my question. Prepaid cell phones already do this with activation bars dependent on the retailer.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Well, $59.99 with a $20 coupon is not a sale, it is a bonus.[/QUOTE]

Touche LOL I look at it differently especially when you can buy r3 and dI and get star fox for free. I look at the coupons as money back.

Went out to the kmart in Baltimore on Wabash during my lunch break in this terrible rain (roads are being closed due to flooding) to get some games and there was a sign on the door that said it was closed because the registers weren't working. I guess there's not really anyone that can be blamed, but hell if being turned away at the door is not the most annoying experience possible. Now I'm going to have to drive back out there another time tomorrow or the next day.

[quote name='gepet0']Touche LOL I look at it differently especially when you can buy r3 and dI and get star fox for free. I look at the coupons as money back.[/QUOTE]

I understand as I was on the coupon train almost all of last year. I just have credit to other places and want to preorder Uncharted 3, Assassins Creed and a few other titles coming out at the end of the year. Just wanted to know if there would be a sale on the game since it is one of my wants and I really do not want to lay out the full MSRP right now.

So we are going to carry the mw3 Xbox, how about the mw3 turtle beaches? Also will there be a steady supply of hardened editions? I have had a lot of interest for that at my store, including myself.

[quote name='MistaBones']Picked up Deus Ex for $25 on Sunday after a spur of the moment Madden purchase Saturday night. Knowing the Deus Ex sale ahead of time sold at least one extra copy of Madden :)

And not to go off topic or anything, but am I the only one that finds it hilarious that a topic of conversation in this thread is taking unactivated point cards from one store, and bringing them to another (K-Mart) in order to pay for them in said store?? I don't know if that speaks to Josh's ability to make killer sales, or K-Mart's inability to satisfy demand for these cards. I know my store hasn't had any 1600 Microsoft point cards since Black Friday of last year when I wanted in on the Mass Effect 2 deal. And yes, I've checked the several gift card racks, as well as the two pegs dedicated to the cards in the gaming section. Just curious, did we ever get a definite reason on why K-Mart can't seem to stock these?[/QUOTE]

The off topic, topic, is funny. Funny on every level. Also, I really wanted to comment on your profile picture. I love that skit/song from SNL. I almost purchased the madden, have not purchased a madden on release in a while, and this year was tempting. Sounds like it was a decent upgrade from last year.

Hey

Can someone post me the UPC for Dead Island for PS3 please. My store claims they don't have it :O......so I need to ask them to check for other stores nearby :)

[quote name='harish7447']Hey

Can someone post me the UPC for Dead Island for PS3 please. My store claims they don't have it :O......so I need to ask them to check for other stores nearby :)[/QUOTE]

Your K-Mart has the ability to check stock of other K-Mart stores? None of the stores in my area can do that. If I ask them to, they just ask which store I want them to try and then they call the other store up and ask them over the phone. :(

[quote name='Kain']Your K-Mart has the ability to check stock of other K-Mart stores? None of the stores in my area can do that. If I ask them to, they just ask which store I want them to try and then they call the other store up and ask them over the phone. :([/QUOTE]

Yes you are correct they call :). Do you have the UPC?

Sorry, nope. I'm looking for the game too. Try looking up the product pages at Amazon or Buy.com, they usually list UPCs. I'd look but my break is over and I gotta head back to the office.

No R3 or Dead Island anywhere around me in freaking Miami. The people in the electronic departments are useless.

Stockboy, I emailed you with no reply. Any Doomsday editions coming to zip 33015 in Florida?

Someone earlier mentioned that they the Kmart cashier could not use the $5 coupon on Madden 12 because the coupon says 2011 EA games. I was wondering this myself...can you clarify Josh? Thanks

Did a search and surprisingly it came up with nothing solid (did two searching with different variants as a matter of fact...).

Gears 3 is getting close, any word on that deal yet? Also Rage is getting close, any word on that deal?

I'm just trying to plan things out. Gears 3 is w/$20 at Amazon and Rage has $10 so trying to decide what to get where before I blow my current credit on other crap.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Asked Josh the same question and he said to wait until end of October/November[/QUOTE]

Ok great, thanks for letting me know. Hopefully its a good one!

[quote name='jgiovanni']@Josh, any plans on a sale on Dead Island[/QUOTE]
posted on facebook.
hey, any news on if Dead Island is getting a price drop sale? all the kmarts in my area are sold out, so i kinda need motivation to wait to get it lol.

"
KmartGamer Middle of October looks like when we'll be hitting it, however I'm trying to pull it up into September. "

[quote name='JKSonic']Did a search and surprisingly it came up with nothing solid (did two searching with different variants as a matter of fact...).

Gears 3 is getting close, any word on that deal yet? Also Rage is getting close, any word on that deal?

I'm just trying to plan things out. Gears 3 is w/$20 at Amazon and Rage has $10 so trying to decide what to get where before I blow my current credit on other crap.[/QUOTE]
Looking like we will beat both Amazon offers as it stands now.

[quote name='actripxl']Considering during that time that axe had those codes for free ms point finally went on clearance and let us get all those coupons at that point I'm not to worried. Just like how we're not going to stop some one from taking off the coupon from an unpurchased item and allow them to use it on one they will, because there's no value until its used. We get tons of Polish visitors that grab the ATT cards thinking they'll work and we NEVER stop them. Why? The store doesn't care unless said item is worth something which the cards have ZERO monetary value until ACTIVATED.

Target doesn't buy the stack of cards and then makes a profit on the number they have on the shelf, they make money on the number of activation's. Hell we still have cards that have the Warhawk ship and those were discontinued over a year(maybe two) ago. When the cards arrive they come shrinked wraped with a bar code, that bar code could be to a particular retailer, hence my question. Prepaid cell phones already do this with activation bars dependent on the retailer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it amazes me how many people think the stores actually pay for these things. I mean I guess initially it's a fair question as to if you're stealing something or not but when it's been explained over and over again about how it is absolutely not in any way, shape, or form you would think they would understand.

[quote name='thanossurfer']Someone earlier mentioned that they the Kmart cashier could not use the $5 coupon on Madden 12 because the coupon says 2011 EA games. I was wondering this myself...can you clarify Josh? Thanks[/QUOTE]
It is EA Sports games released this year or that will be, it will scan automatically whether the associate speaking incorrectly or not.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Looking like we will beat both Amazon offers as it stands now.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. I got lazy with the Newegg deal for Rage and it expired so I'm looking forward to see what you come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back