Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elitewillie']No R3 or Dead Island anywhere around me in freaking Miami. The people in the electronic departments are useless.

Stockboy, I emailed you with no reply. Any Doomsday editions coming to zip 33015 in Florida?[/QUOTE]
Looking like we'll be out of stock in about 300 stores by the end of the week on Dead Island, trying to order more today.

[quote name='jkircos']Josh, I asked before but do you have any plans for a PS3 deal?[/QUOTE]
For PS3 there is some very hot stuff coming in November if you are willing to wait that long.

September is focused on not messing with the price drop and I may sprinkle some goodness in October.

[quote name='sageridder']posted on facebook.
hey, any news on if Dead Island is getting a price drop sale? all the kmarts in my area are sold out, so i kinda need motivation to wait to get it lol.

"
KmartGamer Middle of October looks like when we'll be hitting it, however I'm trying to pull it up into September. "[/QUOTE]

Josh, any plans on a sale for Dead Island in the near coming weeks?

[quote name='jgiovanni']Josh, any plans on a sale for Dead Island in the near coming weeks?[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to read the post you quoted?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Looking like we'll be out of stock in about 300 stores by the end of the week on Dead Island, trying to order more today.[/QUOTE]

So since my store was sold out at 11am yesterday... does this mean there is a slim to none chance of getting it at k-mart before Saturday?

[quote name='elitewillie']No R3 or Dead Island anywhere around me in freaking Miami. The people in the electronic departments are useless.

Stockboy, I emailed you with no reply. Any Doomsday editions coming to zip 33015 in Florida?[/QUOTE]

I originally pre-ordered Dead Island @ Gamestop for the bonus content. When I read here about Kmart's $20 coupon, I decided get it at Kmart. I stopped by 2 Kmart stores on the way home and neither had Dead Island or Space Marine. I waited a 1/2 hr, at each store, for someone with a G.E.D. to tell me they never received either game. I stormed out of the stores promising to avoid the Kmart in the future when it comes to game purchases. The hassle of finding a employee to help me or one that even knows how to ring up a sale isn't worth the coupon.

Two Sundays ago, I went to Kmart to pick up Deus Ex HR and the $20 coupon wouldn't print on receipt. They said I had to buy the game to confirm the coupon would show up. It did not and I promptly returned the game at customer service.

In the end, I ended up driving miles out of my way to a Toys R Us and got a $15 gift card instead with Dead Island.

Kmart customer service stinks. (Side note: I worked on Kmart advertising for many years. The company/stores should have closed.)

Dumb Question, but can I order this online and still get the deal or does it have to be in store?

I made the shop your rewards account and everything but figured I should ask how it would work when ordering online beforehand, since there aren't many k-marts near my city. In fact I haven't been in a K-Mart since like 2003.

So, are these deals -- which are great, by the way -- limited to one game per customer?

I ask because I just got back from Kmart, looking for a copy of Dead Island (I went yesterday, too) and the woman working told me that a man came and bought all 6 copies of the game (3 on Xbox, 3 on PS3) that they received.

She told me that the man comes early every Tuesday and buys 12, or so, games. That kinda sucks.

[quote name='Shurs']So, are these deals -- which are great, by the way -- limited to one game per customer?

I ask because I just got back from Kmart, looking for a copy of Dead Island (I went yesterday, too) and the woman working told me that a man came and bought all 6 copies of the game (3 on Xbox, 3 on PS3) that they received.

She told me that the man comes early every Tuesday and buys 12, or so, games. That kinda sucks.[/QUOTE]

It's limited to 2 per SYWR account, so he would have to have multiple SYWR cards/accounts to abuse it.

[quote name='Shurs']So, are these deals -- which are great, by the way -- limited to one game per customer?

She told me that the man comes early every Tuesday and buys 12, or so, games. That kinda sucks.[/QUOTE]

thats what I run into at my local kmart as well lol as i understand he has to ring them up separately to get a coupon to print out for each game and he is SUPPOSED to be limited to 3 game purchases but ya he wipes the store clean on sunday/tuesdays.

Maybe someone needs to reach out to these folks and offer them in on the wholesale price :\

Did KMART get the new Sony PS3 headset?

Edit: I guess they did...but I'm dreading of having to call up and have them check if it's in stock.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm thinking of buying Dead Island. Is be on sale?[/QUOTE]
It's more like:
[quote name='sageridder']posted on facebook.
hey, any news on if Dead Island is getting a price drop sale? all the kmarts in my area are sold out, so i kinda need motivation to wait to get it lol.

"
KmartGamer Middle of October looks like when we'll be hitting it, however I'm trying to pull it up into September. "[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jgiovanni']Josh, any plans on a sale for Dead Island in the near coming weeks?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='panda911']Lulz[/QUOTE]

[quote name='avalanche4']Did you happen to read the post you quoted?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jgiovanni']Nope, just skimmed it but thanks for the sarcasm.[/QUOTE]
Josh,

Will Dead Island be on sale any time soon?
Just kidding.
[quote name='Shurs']She told me that the man comes early every Tuesday and buys 12, or so, games. That kinda sucks.[/QUOTE]
From the sound of it, I'd be scared to find out what would happen if you bought a game or two right before him. (gulp) He might follow you to your car, and be like, "Those are mine, boy."

Anyway, Resistance 3 is awesome. I've only played a few minutes of it, but already, I'm sort of deciding whether I should go back and play at least the second game. Ima not sure.

So, can we expect stores that are currently out of stock on Dead Island 360 to get more this week? I've never had them run out of a title in less than one day.

So I'm sitting on $40 credit now. Which is more likely to have more copies in stock on October 4th: Dark Souls or Rage?
I'm not interested in more credit, just strictly wondering which is likely going to have a bigger release.

Thanks in advance!

All the best buys here are sold out of dead island.. Kmart isn't the only one having stock issues..

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes, we will actively discount and have other offers lined up with these headphones.[/QUOTE]

ooohhh. wonder wat they'd be. might pick some up for some gifts but guess we'll see (picked mine up for 65 on amazon)

[quote name='sadboy']It's more like:
Josh,

Will Dead Island be on sale any time soon?
Just kidding.

From the sound of it, I'd be scared to find out what would happen if you bought a game or two right before him. (gulp) He might follow you to your car, and be like, "Those are mine, boy."

Anyway, Resistance 3 is awesome. I've only played a few minutes of it, but already, I'm sort of deciding whether I should go back and play at least the second game. Ima not sure.[/QUOTE]

thats the sadboy i know. i gotta play the 2nd ymself since i want the story. of course, 3 doesnt have the same story line i think

[quote name='bigE24']So, can we expect stores that are currently out of stock on Dead Island 360 to get more this week? I've never had them run out of a title in less than one day.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jer7583']All the best buys here are sold out of dead island.. Kmart isn't the only one having stock issues..[/QUOTE]

maybe a lot of ppl found it to be better than they thougt haha. and hope mine still has stock :) not a huge amount of gamers in my area it seems

I wonder if it is just a supply issue. I went to my local Kmart and they didn't have any Xbox360 versions and they didn't even remember getting any in. They also called the another Kmart (Super K) and they didn't even get any in.

Went to two K-Marts to grab Dead Island, the one near Penn Station said they sold out and the one on 8th street claimed they never got it. Oh well, I'll just wait until it's on sale or something.

[quote name='mjoa123']Anyone know the NHL 12 deal yet? $20 coupon would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I keep checking this thread to see if this is going to happen!!

[quote name='sadboy']
Anyway, Resistance 3 is awesome. I've only played a few minutes of it, but already, I'm sort of deciding whether I should go back and play at least the second game. Ima not sure.[/QUOTE]

The first two are solid games for single

[quote name='suture']I wonder if it is just a supply issue. I went to my local Kmart and they didn't have any Xbox360 versions and they didn't even remember getting any in. They also called the another Kmart (Super K) and they didn't even get any in.[/QUOTE]

Its starting to look that way, both bestbuy and TRU were sold out in my area, checked newegg to see if they had a sale and they are sold out of xbox lol WOW @_@

[quote name='kennedykougar']Its starting to look that way, both bestbuy and TRU were sold out in my area, checked newegg to see if they had a sale and they are sold out of xbox lol WOW @_@[/QUOTE]

yeah everyplace has ps3 copies but no 360 copies.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']you cannot tell me Target gets Sony/MS point cards for free and only get reimbursed when they sell them.[/QUOTE]

Target gets Sony/MS point cards for free and only get reimbursed when they sell them. There, did it.

We've actually had this discussion a couple of times here already. Whether it's unethical is up to you, but the facts are as follows. Inactive cards are delivered freely to stores. No profit is made until they are activated. KMarts are sent extras before applicable promotions. Many KMarts post them in the wrong location like with gift cards up front. Many claim they never received any despite official assurances. Josh and his staff have never spoken a word on the topic of activating cards from other locations. At least one person reported being granted permission from an employee of another retailer to take inactive point cards though he never (that I saw) reported whether he tried to activate them elsewhere.

So it remains a valid question, and one could easily argue either side of the ethicality debate. Let's not do that here, though. Best to drop the topic, though I wouldn't condemn anyone who tries without being sneaky about it.

[quote name='kennedykougar']Its starting to look that way, both bestbuy and TRU were sold out in my area, checked newegg to see if they had a sale and they are sold out of xbox lol WOW @_@[/QUOTE]

Redbox was a day late stocking it as well. I don't think it's just a Kmart thing. Maybe they didn't factor in Labor Day when shipping it out...I don't know.

[quote name='VVaffle']So I'm sitting on $40 credit now. Which is more likely to have more copies in stock on October 4th: Dark Souls or Rage?
I'm not interested in more credit, just strictly wondering which is likely going to have a bigger release.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
I would be guessing Rage since id is owned by the same people who own Bethesda and well I know of a gamestop that is still selling a PC copy of Doom 3 :lol:.

Hoping that God of War Origins will be a $15 coupon and maybe a deal on God of War 3 (1/2 price) or maybe some discount with PSN card?

Managed to find a copy of Dead Island for 360. Seems it is really selling out. After hearing the fallout 3 comparisions I had to buy it. Didn't even know it was an open world game, thought it was a linear set of missions.

Also funny was that I called the store in brookfield and they said they had two copies but they couldn't sell them because they were locked in a cage in the back and nobody had the keys.

This was at end of business 2nd day after release. lol.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Looking like we will beat both Amazon offers as it stands now.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I understand not disclosing exactly what the deals will be... But as far as Gears goes I have and beat 1 and 2 so the triple back is really nothing to me. Knowing that, is your deal still matching/beating Amazon's?

And I'm guessing Rage will be a $15 or $20gc since there's not much you could bundle with it...

[quote name='jer7583']Managed to find a copy of Dead Island for 360. Seems it is really selling out. After hearing the fallout 3 comparisions I had to buy it. Didn't even know it was an open world game, thought it was a linear set of missions.

Also funny was that I called the store in brookfield and they said they had two copies but they couldn't sell them because they were locked in a cage in the back and nobody had the keys.

This was at end of business 2nd day after release. lol.[/QUOTE]

I like it so far, but it's really more Oblivion than Fallout 3 since you mostly use melee weapons. It's basically melee from Oblivion - missions/vehicles Borderlands - weapon creation Dead Rising 2

Hey guys, my friend is interested in getting in on the gaming deals starting with Starfox. Can he sign up for SYWR in store, or through website and be able to use it on his Friday purchase?

Also, just to make sure, SYWR is required now for the points, right?

[quote name='victimsofadown']Hey guys, my friend is interested in getting in on the gaming deals starting with Starfox. Can he sign up for SYWR in store, or through website and be able to use it on his Friday purchase?

Also, just to make sure, SYWR is required now for the points, right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='advanced']Sign up in store before purchase. Easiest way, imo.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I don't know why I never mentioned Kmart to him... he's one of the people that buys all these games on release date, haha

I appreciate Kmarts deal but since I only buy 3-4 games per year at

[quote name='victimsofadown']Hey guys, my friend is interested in getting in on the gaming deals starting with Starfox. Can he sign up for SYWR in store, or through website and be able to use it on his Friday purchase?

Also, just to make sure, SYWR is required now for the points, right?[/QUOTE]

yea, if u do it online, he'll just need to print out the temp card or give them his number that he used to sign up and it should work. and sywr was always required wasn't it? unless u mean the coupon? in which case, yes, its required

I never saw the SYWR requirement until a few months ago, but I might simply not have been looking hard enough before.

At any rate just to verify... he signs up for SYWR in store. The coupons AUTOMATICALLY print with his purchase, then when he uses them for his next purchase (which also qualifies for a gaming credit) the price is lowered and another gaming credit automatically prints, correct?

Essentially a perpetual cycle of fantastic savings is born.

Really shitty experience with the same store that couldn't activate my points card. No day-1 copies of either dead island or warhammer. I just decided to hold off since my coupon doesn't expire until October. Probably use it for GoW3

Kmart just lost more profits to their incompetent staff.

Josh, you're great and your program is a stellar idea. Just a shame these stores keep fucking it up for you. There is no way in hell i'm ever going to shop at Kmart again. There are just TOO many problems.

Quite sure this has been answered before but cannot find it :)

will kmart be carrying the gears 3 limited edition. I want one :)...shud I get in touch with Stock boy or has the time to pre-order already passed ?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='victimsofadown']
At any rate just to verify... he signs up for SYWR in store. The coupons AUTOMATICALLY print with his purchase, then when he uses them for his next purchase (which also qualifies for a gaming credit) the price is lowered and another gaming credit automatically prints, correct?

Essentially a perpetual cycle of fantastic savings is born.[/QUOTE]

Correct. He can use the SYWR card immediately and the coupon will print so long as they scan his card while scanning the item(s). Using that coupon the following week or later on another game with its own coupon promotion will work and he will receive a new coupon. This perpetual cycle, as you put it, is what we commonly call the coupon train.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^I want to know this about Dark Souls Collector's Edition.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I would definitely love to pick up the Collector's Edition (eventhough its gimped) if KMart gets it.

[quote name='victimsofadown']I never saw the SYWR requirement until a few months ago, but I might simply not have been looking hard enough before.

Essentially a perpetual cycle of fantastic savings is born.[/QUOTE]

yup, as long as he always scans his card/gives his number and the game he uses the coupon on has another coupon attached. hence, coupon train lol

[quote name='harish7447']Quite sure this has been answered before but cannot find it :)

will kmart be carrying the gears 3 limited edition. I want one :)...shud I get in touch with Stock boy or has the time to pre-order already passed ?[/QUOTE]

he said about 1 in 3 stores will get it. u should email him to find out wat stores in ur area will get it, if any.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^I want to know this about Dark Souls Collector's Edition.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dchrisd']Ditto. I would definitely love to pick up the Collector's Edition (eventhough its gimped) if KMart gets it.[/QUOTE]

stockboy stated that he hasnt heard anything about it and is fairly sure that the only way to get it (as of right now) is to actually preorder teh game

The coupon train makes me so happy! Another questions... are the coupons transferrable? For example can he give me a coupon, then I buy a game and give him a coupon back? Or give a coupon to another friend?

I know that doesn't really make sense but is it possible?

You may wanna hold off on the Dark Souls Collector's Edition, since Namco-Bandai has supposedly changed it.

The artbook is a physical extra, but the guide they promised with the game may be a digital download, and the soundtrack and a behind the scenes featurette are both only digital downloads at this point.:cry:

The only thing still being offered as a free bonus for buying right at launch is a metal(steelbook perhaps) case for the game.

You may want to start following this thread on CAG to keep up with the details of the Dark Souls CE to see if the offer changes anymore before launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back