Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='madcyantist']Thanks for the tip![/QUOTE]

It can be enabled in the options. You basically use the right stick to swing weapons, swing right to bring the weapon up, then swing across left to right, or up to down, etc to swing the weapon. You aim for body parts by locking on with Left Trigger first.

As much as I love these deals, this whole Dead Island thing kind of sickens me. I know it is not your fault Josh since you did not do the ordering, but to not be able to get the game day one because the store has already sold out by noon and then to not even be able to get the game online because it is sold out is kind of ridiculous. Here's hoping things go better with God of War:Origins next week. Who knows when I'll actually pick up Dead Island now.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']As much as I love these deals, this whole Dead Island thing kind of sickens me. I know it is not your fault Josh since you did not do the ordering, but to not be able to get the game day one because the store has already sold out by noon and then to not even be able to get the game online because it is sold out is kind of ridiculous. Here's hoping things go better with God of War:Origins next week. Who knows when I'll actually pick up Dead Island now.[/QUOTE]

It's sold out in a lot of places, not just kmart. None of the best buys or gamestops in my area had any as of wednesday. I was lucky to find one in stock at kmart.

Even amazon only has it from 3rd party sellers at higher than retail..
http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Island-Xbox-360/dp/B004PAGJOC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1315539143&sr=8-2

[quote name='urallgyots']the Kmart near my house has a copy, the beaner kid on the phone told me so :D[/QUOTE]

Ignored.

[quote name='jer7583']It's sold out in a lot of places, not just kmart. None of the best buys or gamestops in my area had any as of wednesday. I was lucky to find one in stock at kmart.

Even amazon only has it from 3rd party sellers at higher than retail..
http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Island-Xbox-360/dp/B004PAGJOC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1315539143&sr=8-2[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying. I think I'm just miffed that I couldn't even get one on the first day it was out. If I went in on Wednesday, I might have taken it better. Now if I want it, I have to overpay for it essentially or wait for it, which by then, I'll probably just wait for a price drop with so many other games coming out.

[quote name='sTaTIx']What I wanna know is, why would people NOT think that an open-world zombie FPS game would elicit some decent demand? Or just zombie FPS, for that matter?[/QUOTE]

I honestly didn't pay attention to it until this week. I had no idea what it was about other then zombies because of the cover art. Then I saw the trailer with the family and was in awe so I watched the Game Trailers review and then read a bunch of reviews that sold me on it.

Glad I bought it now and this is why I don't pay attention to previews because then a game comes out and I'm floored by how awesome it is.

Honest, who is going to want to pick up Dead Island when it finally gets a price-reduction? Starting with Gow3, you then have months packed with better titles than Dead Island imo. Shame, I think I will forever miss out on this title, the mp community will probably be dead after this year.

[quote name='sTaTIx']What I wanna know is, why would people NOT think that an open-world zombie FPS game would elicit some decent demand? Or just zombie FPS, for that matter?[/QUOTE]

Probably just trepidation on the game's quality more than anything. These guys last game was Call of Juarez: The Cartel :shock:

Got the last one at my store wednesday. Same with a friend. Had no idea it was hard to find until it was almost too late. Thanks, great deal Josh!

Not seeing a lot of love for Driver: SF... I just beat the single player and it was REALLY fun. If you like arcade racers, I'd really suggest that one.

[quote name='atlantis']Honest, who is going to want to pick up Dead Island when it finally gets a price-reduction? Starting with Gow3, you then have months packed with better titles than Dead Island imo. Shame, I think I will forever miss out on this title, the mp community will probably be dead after this year.[/QUOTE]
Or undead... Mwa ha ha ha.

Anyway, after checking out prices on eBay, I decided to pick up a limited edition at GameStop that hadn't been claimed. I hate this sold out limited edition inflated price crap. At the same time, I do love the zombie horror genre.

I plan on using my Resistance 3 coupon on Rage.

Astor still hasn't gotten their shipment of R3 and Penn said people were buying multiples and were out. I've gone to both everyday and it's quite frustrating to say the least. I hope the pre-order system will fix all of this. At this rate I'll have to set up a tent and camp out in the electronics department.

[quote name='starshipvelcro']Not seeing a lot of love for Driver: SF... I just beat the single player and it was REALLY fun. If you like arcade racers, I'd really suggest that one.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually really addicted to its multiplayer. the matches are so crazy and always fun thanks to the shift mechanic. Keeps everybody together and smashing into each other.

Got starfox and coupon!!!

It wasn't on the shelf, but the ad says "available 9/9."
When clerk was looking for starfox, i told him the red 3ds wasn't on the shelf either. He knew exactly where the red 3ds's were stored in the back and found starfox there.

Good luck everyone.

[quote name='devil_blog_dracula']It's been asked a few times, but I didn't see an answer - Will K-Mart's first shipment of Dark Souls be the collector's edition?[/QUOTE]
Probably not.

Random: Dead Island Limited Edition is going for around $100 on ebay. I shouldnt have canceled my preorder. I want to play it now.

[quote name='starshipvelcro']Not seeing a lot of love for Driver: SF... I just beat the single player and it was REALLY fun. If you like arcade racers, I'd really suggest that one.[/QUOTE]

Excellent game and I will predict it will do well. I just hope monday there are starfox's left so I can use this weeks driver and resistance coupons.

Guys, please forgive me if this has been asked before (and even though I'm sure it has, I couldn't find an answer using the forum's "search" function), but what is Best Buy's price match policy on coupons? Would they match Kmart's coupon deals?

Grabbed Starfox for my brother and I at my local store. Coupons printed great! Manager did say they were the only 2 copies they got in....

[quote name='ShockandAww']Nope.[/QUOTE]

Dang! Guess I'm just going to have to drive more than I was hoping to (there are no Kmarts nearby, and I'm only 5 minutes away from the nearest Best Buy).

Thanks for the prompt reply, though. :)

[quote name='EeK85']Guys, please forgive me if this has been asked before (and even though I'm sure it has, I couldn't find an answer using the forum's "search" function), but what is Best Buy's price match policy on coupons? Would they match Kmart's coupon deals?[/QUOTE]
No. They don't match coupon/bundle deals.

So there's no deal on the Sony headset? The Sony 7.1 headset that was mentioned awhile back that Amazon, Gamestop, and Overstock are selling right now.

I received some information from a publisher that one of the top 3 retailers is over 50% instock on Dead Island, wow......I'm surprised we'll be able to hold 70% this week based on the sale volume.

^Now I'm confused. Does that mean the top 3 retailers are having a tough time selling Dead Island? Looks like Kmart is winning the who can sell the most Dead Island. I heart gaming coupons. :)

This whole week, I've been watching the sales of Dead Island and wondering if it would be worth my time, what with my massive backlog and the many bugs I've heard and seen plaguing the title; in addition to my $20 Deus Ex coupon, I have a $5 off $45 coupon that I received for my birthday, so I could get DI for $35 and get another $20 coupon. With the game selling out at several retailers, I can't see it dropping beyond $40 before next year (possibly $30 for BF) unless people suddenly stop buying DI once stock is replenished.

After some careful thinking, I've decided to let Stock Boy determine whether I buy DI: If any of my local stores have the PS3 version, then I'll bite (hardy-har-har :lol:); if only the 360 version is available...I'll have to do some more thinking. :???:

All I have to do now...is wait. :whistle2:\"

EDIT: Dang, that was fast (thanks for the speedy response, Stock Boy!). It looks like my nearest Kmart has the PS3 version in stock...I guess that settles it, then. :D

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']So there's no deal on the Sony headset? The Sony 7.1 headset that was mentioned awhile back that Amazon, Gamestop, and Overstock are selling right now.[/QUOTE]
There will be multiple deals but nothing is planned for launch.

[quote name='Vigilante']This whole week, I've been watching the sales of Dead Island and wondering if it would be worth my time, what with my massive backlog and the many bugs I've heard and seen plaguing the title; in addition to my $20 Deus Ex coupon, I have a $5 off $45 coupon that I received for my birthday, so I could get DI for $35 and get another $20 coupon. With the game selling out at several retailers, I can't see it dropping beyond $40 before next year (possibly $30 for BF) unless people suddenly stop buying DI once stock is replenished.

After some careful thinking, I've decided to let Stock Boy determine whether I buy DI: If any of my local stores have the PS3 version, then I'll bite (hardy-har-har :lol:); if only the 360 version is available...I'll have to do some more thinking. :???:

All I have to do now...is wait. :whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]
I definitely have it on sale for at least $15 in Oct.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^Now I'm confused. Does that mean the top 3 retailers are having a tough time selling Dead Island? Looks like Kmart is winning the who can sell the most Dead Island. I heart gaming coupons. :)[/QUOTE]
Other way around, one of the top three is MORE than 50% sold out of Dead Island. I thought it might have been just an issue with us but I'm really surprised by this one. We sold more Dead Island on Day 1 than the whole week of Deus Ex.

BTW, I heart Deus Ex.

[quote name='madcyantist']josh, how could you let TRU set the precedent for a deus ex sale??

and are you planning a 360 non kinect console sale anytime soon?[/QUOTE]
Well, I had Deus on sale before them at least :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I definitely have it on sale for at least $15 in Oct.[/QUOTE]...I assume you mean "for at least $15 [off]" (so a sale price of at least $44.99), Josh, because $15 total for Dead Island would be ridiculous.

Thanks for the heads-up, though. Despite the "promising" I made in my last post, I'm seriously considering holding off on DI until later, as I really do have an incredibly large backlog.

I'm not sure why I'm having second thoughts--it's just this feeling I have. The last time I had a feeling like this, I was considering Child of Eden for $21.99 in "Like New" condition at Amazon last week, decided to hold off for whatever reason, and voila: it was $9.99 new at BB during Labor Day weekend (at least until they fixed that price error).

BTW, Josh, were you able to read the email I sent earlier this week? Part of the reason I was considering DI was that I'd be able to use that birthday coupon...

[quote name='Vigilante']...I assume you mean "for at least $15 [off]" (so a sale price of at MOST $44.99)[/QUOTE]

Fixed. And I assume as you do.

Between my post buying the game and 30 minutes ago i beat the 3DS mode. I didn't die. Zoness looked fantastic. The passages to the finale looked amazing.
Haven't tried the gyro controls yet.

I went the route on the left ("hard route"). I usually go this route anyway.
I will go back through to clear all the stages and medals.

I need to check the manual to find out whats different between 3DS mode and The N64 mode. There are scoreboards for both modes.

There are options to invert the circle pad (up = up or up = down).
D-pad can be used for u-turns and loops, to change the POV and answer incoming messages.

My final score was 1171.
Oh, you know how navi in OOT says to take a break? After play a few levels, ROB tells you to take a break, even if you have the 3D off.
Thats my only complaint.

Went to the K-mart at Hazleton PA today looking for StarFox. What a fucking mess that was. There were none out on display. Now the lady working in electronics was dumb as a rock, and I can tell because the wait if I wanted to go ask her if they had it was going to be at least a 5-10 minutes. Plus I would assume she would not know a thing about it. So I didn't even bother.

So blah, wasted a trip to K-mart. I will try my luck at the Wilkes-Barre one on Tuesday when I go looking for the new Dream Theater album somewhere.

[quote name='Megatim81']Oh, you know how navi in OOT says to take a break? After play a few levels, ROB tells you to take a break, even if you have the 3D off.
Thats my only complaint.[/QUOTE]You don't have to talk to Navi, though (she only tells you to take a break if you tap the "Navi" icon when she talks to you); does ROB tell you to take a break automatically, or is it like in OoT 3D?

This I assume has probably been asked before. So if Josh, Stockboy or anyone knows it would be helpful.

With Dark Souls I know if you preorder the game you get the free upgrade to the collectors edition from Gamestop etc. I guess my question is just to know if Kmart is just carrying the standard one like I assume, or will you guys be competing with that deal also in store?

Or will the website be up in time even perhaps to preorder :bouncy:

[quote name='Vigilante']You don't have to talk to Navi, though (she only tells you to take a break if you tap the "Navi" icon when she talks to you); does ROB tell you to take a break automatically, or is it like in OoT 3D?[/QUOTE]

He popped up on the screen in the lull between finishing my 3rd level before the galaxy map was displayed. It was like a loading screen. It did not pop up in the middle of a level.

I only saw him tell me to take a break twice for the entire playthrough.

I really don't get all the love for Dead Island. I rented it and its exactly what you'd expect. A little Dead Rising 2, a bit of Left 4 Deads melee combat, and really pretty graphics.

Aside from that its the clunkiest game i've played in years, and really not much fun. Probably would have been better as a $20 downloadable or budget retail release.

I can't for the life of me figure out why people are calling it an RPG....Every single genre will eventually have exp and upgrades, thats just the nature of games progressing. This is an action game with quests.

[quote name='sneezebu']I really don't get all the love for Dead Island. I rented it and its exactly what you'd expect. A little Dead Rising 2, a bit of Left 4 Deads melee combat, and really pretty graphics.

Aside from that its the clunkiest game i've played in years, and really not much fun. Probably would have been better as a $20 downloadable or budget retail release.

I can't for the life of me figure out why people are calling it an RPG....Every single genre will eventually have exp and upgrades, thats just the nature of games progressing. This is an action game with quests.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I paid $34 for my copy, and that's about what the game is worth $30. I can't say it's worth $60 because it's not. It's really rough in areas and well the more I play it the more it really has hits and misses. I had no problem with the melee combat, but the weapons degrade way too fast. I mean sure it adds to the realism but seriously some weapons only have a 3-4 zombie life unless you upgrade them but even then I have a hard time deciding what to upgrade because they will degrade if not repaired.

It basically has a bunch of good ideas, but nothing that ties them together perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back