Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
In case it hasn't been mentioned yet... looks like there are two upcs for 3rd Birthday (PSP) at Kmart. I checked the local store a couple times and scanned the price of the game in the electronics section at $19.99. Figured the price drop hadn't hit the local store yet. BUT, when leaving the store this time I noticed a couple copies sitting in the 'value games' kiosk near the front registers. Stickered and rang up at $9.99. Different upc code stuck onto the cellophane wrapper.

I think the 2nd analog attachment probably played some small part in delaying kid icarus. I never thought it'd make 2011, they have plenty of good titles coming out before the end of the year.

I think that especially in japan, 3DS is guaranteed to be at least a reasonable success at this point with MH3 and MH4 coming to it. So even if it never really takes off in America because Americans are stupid and blinded by the monolithic presence of Apple's marketing, there will be plenty of japanese development going on for the system.

fuck apple.

Is kmart interested in doing an offer for Kirby Mass Attack? $15?
I hope that Dragon Age 2 gets a GOTY version soon. I know josh probably can't spill the beans if he knows anything..
I also hope kmart can do some kind of offer/deal with Ace Combat on 3DS for November.

Thanks Josh for the $39.99 Stacraft II.

Went to the Wilkes-Barre PA K-mart. The fucking lady behind electronics was on the phone yapping her ass off (and I don't think it was to k-mart employees either) so I had to wait like 3-4 minutes to get my damn copy but other than that, painless. Now to go install the game :D

Josh,

Sorry if I missed it but whats up with the coupons not working on Xbox Point cards lately. Once again my coupon did not meet requirements for a point card ($15 coupon) on a 1600 pt card.

Nice. Great deal if someone doesn't want to mess with online stuff. I'd be tempted to cancel my Amazon preorder if I didn't already own the first two games.

I'll pass on Gears. That's actually a pretty bad deal considering Kmart has no DLC. The DLC chars are easily gonna sell $20-$30 on eBay if not higher. Plus you can find live deals in that range fairly often.

Very nice deal, I haven't renewed my XBL Gold since it was too expensive. However, with that deal I may have to do it. Regardless, the $20 gaming coupon is very nice as well and I'll keep supporting my local K-Mart.

Hmm, picked up NHL 12 and God of War Origins Collection an hour ago and tried to use the coupons from Resistance 3, Dead Island, and the $5 one from Madden. The Madden one wouldn't work though. The guy said it was because it was for 2011 games (as in not "NHL 2012"), but I think he was just trying to figure out an excuse why the registers wasn't automatically taking it.

Got NHL 12 today, got the $20 coupon PLUS a coupon for 5 Xs pts next week!

However, my $5 ea coupon didn't work. Is it only good on the '11 versions? Not the newer '12 versions ?

[quote name='jhuneycutt']Hmm, picked up NHL 12 and God of War Origins Collection an hour ago and tried to use the coupons from Resistance 3, Dead Island, and the $5 one from Madden. The Madden one wouldn't work though. The guy said it was because it was for 2011 games (as in not "NHL 2012"), but I think he was just trying to figure out an excuse why the registers wasn't automatically taking it.[/QUOTE]

Same issue here with the Dead Island coup. The $5 EA Sports one worked fine though. I am glad I went in super early because I had to wait a half hour for them to figure it out. I got in before they got busy.They ended up taking off the $20 as a bottle deposit return, lol.

Just picked up my copy of NHL 12 and scored my first $20.00 gaming coupon. I must admit I was a little skeptical of getting games at Kmart (I have been getting them from Amazon for years) but it went very smoothly. As long as they keep giving out coupons and stocking the new releases, I'm in! Time to cancel some Newegg pre-orders.

[quote name='Gore']Bioshock 2. Very nice. Still haven't played the first one. I might get the gears + 12 month deal too.[/QUOTE]

Definitely pick it up the first Bioshock, it was awesome.

[quote name='jhuneycutt']Hmm, picked up NHL 12 and God of War Origins Collection an hour ago and tried to use the coupons from Resistance 3, Dead Island, and the $5 one from Madden. The Madden one wouldn't work though. The guy said it was because it was for 2011 games (as in not "NHL 2012"), but I think he was just trying to figure out an excuse why the registers wasn't automatically taking it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was employee error, on the screen it said something about 'requirement not met'

[quote name='jer7583']I think the 2nd analog attachment probably played some small part in delaying kid icarus. I never thought it'd make 2011, they have plenty of good titles coming out before the end of the year.

I think that especially in japan, 3DS is guaranteed to be at least a reasonable success at this point with MH3 and MH4 coming to it. So even if it never really takes off in America because Americans are stupid and blinded by the monolithic presence of Apple's marketing, there will be plenty of japanese development going on for the system.

fuck apple.

Is kmart interested in doing an offer for Kirby Mass Attack? $15?
I hope that Dragon Age 2 gets a GOTY version soon. I know josh probably can't spill the beans if he knows anything..
I also hope kmart can do some kind of offer/deal with Ace Combat on 3DS for November.[/QUOTE]

You shouldnt expect a DAII package soon when there are only two pieces of DLC out lol. There is barely any content for this game to justify waiting for an ultimate edition, especially since they have only hinted at one more with DAIII in the works. Wouldn't be much different if you just pick it up for $10/15 and buy the DLC when they go on sale.

Yea, thanks for the NHL 12 deal! I'm just glad one of the B&M stores stepped up with a deal on NHL for release week.

The clerk at my store was really nice, but she was really pushing me to sign up for a new SYWR card since I don't have the physical card. She tried to tell me that I wouldn't be able to use the $20 coupon without a card for them to scan. I have used the $20 coupons in the past by just having them look up my account with my phone # so I didn't think I'd have a issue, unless something has changed recently.

Low stock continues to be an issue for me, this week they had 3 copies of NHL. One of these weeks I won't be able to make it to the store Tuesday morning, and I'll be out of luck. Anyway, after the clerk told me NHL hadn't come in, I asked did any of the other new releases come in this week, he replied "Dead Island, but we sold out". Aargh. I was just about to give up hope when I spotted NHL in the case. Used the $20 and $5 coupon from buying Madden, no problem. The train continues, but it's a slow uphill trek, at best. To end on a good note, when asked by another customer, the clerk WAS fully aware of where the newly released Barbie movie was!;)

Just got back from my K-Mart in Gastonia, NC. They didn't have the new releases out at 2:45 pm, this has happened two weeks in a row, this store has done an excellent job in the past with getting everything out, someone is slacking. Got God of War Origins and the coupon printed out fine. Also, great deal on gears of war 3, was buying a year of live for my girlfriend soon, so that works out.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Yea, thanks for the NHL 12 deal! I'm just glad one of the B&M stores stepped up with a deal on NHL for release week.

The clerk at my store was really nice, but she was really pushing me to sign up for a new SYWR card since I don't have the physical card. She tried to tell me that I wouldn't be able to use the $20 coupon without a card for them to scan. I have used the $20 coupons in the past by just having them look up my account with my phone # so I didn't think I'd have a issue, unless something has changed recently.[/QUOTE]

You also need your pin number to use the credits. Just a phone number is fine to put credits on. Some cashiers think you can't use the credits without a card so that's a problem too.

[quote name='Tropicat']You also need your pin number to use the credits. Just a phone number is fine to put credits on. Some cashiers think you can't use the credits without a card so that's a problem too.[/QUOTE]
Fright Night 2?

Pretty bummed that the only deal with the Gears 3 Console is just the triple pack for free.
Last system I bought at Kmart (4GB 360) came with a $60 coupon. $60 coupon on a $200 system or a $30 game (which is frequently discounted to $20) with a $400 system.
It's just not enough to get me to cancel my GameStop preorder on the system since it's already paid off with trade in credit. Was hoping the deal would be enough to get me to switch, but it's just not worth it.
Not to mention I already have the Limited Editions of Gears 1 and 2 so the Triple Pack is useless to me.

Definitely not that good of a deal compared to some of the other console deals you guys have done. Disappointed.

As usual my Kmart didn't have any of todays releases out yet as of 3:30PM (no NHL, no GOW). I always have to page the person to electronics which never takes less than 10-15mins and I didn't have the time to wait around - they never find the games in the back anyway. Oh well, maybe I will try again later in the week.

Went to both Kmart's in NYC and couldn't get God of War because according to the employees they didn't receive any games or dvd releases today. Hope Josh can verify for me because I can possibly go back tonight if it really is in stock unless this is a delayed shipment like the Sly Collection was.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Pretty bummed that the only deal with the Gears 3 Console is just the triple pack for free.
Last system I bought at Kmart (4GB 360) came with a $60 coupon. $60 coupon on a $200 system or a $30 game (which is frequently discounted to $20) with a $400 system.
It's just not enough to get me to cancel my GameStop preorder on the system since it's already paid off with trade in credit. Was hoping the deal would be enough to get me to switch, but it's just not worth it.
Not to mention I already have the Limited Editions of Gears 1 and 2 so the Triple Pack is useless to me.

Definitely not that good of a deal compared to some of the other console deals you guys have done. Disappointed.[/QUOTE]
Most of my planned money went to support the $50 value offer for Gears Software. The offers you are seeing from Microsoft are part of a program that does not extend to limited edition consoles. That said, Someone that is buying a console for the first time is basically getting the trilogy for free, might not be the hottest offer ever but it provides contextual value to new box purchasers.

[quote name='boogie4114']Went to both Kmart's in NYC and couldn't get God of War because according to the employees they didn't receive any games or dvd releases today. Hope Josh can verify for me because I can possibly go back tonight if it really is in stock unless this is a delayed shipment like the Sly Collection was.[/QUOTE]

Ooof, thanks for the heads up. Was going to head to the Penn Station one before work for NHL. Might have to make sure to call first.

[quote name='boogie4114']Went to both Kmart's in NYC and couldn't get God of War because according to the employees they didn't receive any games or dvd releases today. Hope Josh can verify for me because I can possibly go back tonight if it really is in stock unless this is a delayed shipment like the Sly Collection was.[/QUOTE]
I wonder why NYC is struggling lately, doesn't make sense. Thx for letting me know.

I'm blown away. My Kmart (900 E, Salt Lake City), sold out of it's five copies of GoW before I sauntered in around 2 (usually, I like to wait till after noon, to give them time to stock). Apparently four of those five sold before 9 AM.

Usually, I'm the only one buying there (so they tell me). Sounds like you're definitely getting some customer traction.

I'll have to step up my acquisition protocol for the next few months. :)

For what it's worth, I called the K-Mart on 8th street and Broadway and they said they had NHL 12. Might be worth a call to see if they got GoW yet.

[quote name='Tropicat']You also need your pin number to use the credits. Just a phone number is fine to put credits on. Some cashiers think you can't use the credits without a card so that's a problem too.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I used the pin number today to use the points on my account after she pulled it up based on my phone #, but she was saying that since I don't have any more points left that I should just create a new SYWR account so that she could give me a card to carry around for them to scan next time I come in. I asked her, why create another account when I can just have them look it up again with my phone #? She said that I could not use the $20 gaming coupon that printed out with my NHL 12 order without a card for them to scan, which I believe is false info.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I wonder why NYC is struggling lately, doesn't make sense. Thx for letting me know.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it and we supposed to have a high volume due to the traffic and tourists. But I went at 9:45 this morning so maybe they snuck it out there afterwards since Jiggy said he possibly saw it (Not saying he is lying).

I still have a temporary printout of my SYWR card and never received my plastic. I think someone mentioned signing up in store to get the card immediately and transfer the points between the accounts? Does that just take a call to customer service?

[quote name='boneless']I still have a temporary printout of my SYWR card and never received my plastic. I think someone mentioned signing up in store to get the card immediately and transfer the points between the accounts? Does that just take a call to customer service?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even bother. Just continue to use the printout or better yet, just give them your phone number. I'm going on close to a year and have yet to receive an actual card but it's one less thing I have to keep up with in my wallet.

[quote name='guitarguy']i got $20 for nhl...preordered when it was $20[/QUOTE]

What does this even mean?

My guess is that you're referring to Amazon so I'm not understanding the K-mart connection.

Jumped back on the coupon train, got god of war origins and star fox 64 3ds and both 15$ coupons printed out just fine.

Oh, a suggestion for your sywr card I put it on the cardstar app in my phone and works fine. If you log into your sywr account online you can get your account number and put it in the app and it will make a barcode for it.

Picked up NHL 12, and was able to use the $5 EA coupon as well as the $20 from Madden. Had hoped to pick up StarFox as well, but the Astor Place store was understandably sold out.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I wonder why NYC is struggling lately, doesn't make sense. Thx for letting me know.[/QUOTE] Hey Josh,

Just for reference, last week both stores in NYC had the new releases at launch except for R3. Penn got 6 copies out on Wednesday but were sold out when I got there. Both stores restocked DI, SM, and Driver but none received more stock for R3. Astor (Broadway) didn't even get any copies of R3. Out of curiosity, I checked Astor on Monday and still nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back