Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pdm76']I have a question. I'm thinking of using my $20 and $5 coupons towards NHL 12...If i do, would I still get the $20 coupon for buying NHL 12? I sure hope so, as I'd like to use that towards GOW3. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]
Yes you will.

[quote name='sneezebu']Its pretty mind blowing that people can complain about GeoWar 3 having "just" a $20 coupon, even if you aren't interested in another year of live.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen anyone complaining about the coupon value, but critiquing the 'and more' part of the deal (myself included). I understand Josh's thought process behind it, but I would've figured a $30 4000 point card would've made bigger waves, considering Gears has more than $30 of day one dlc with the season pass and weapon skins. And in the interest of full disclosure, I actually would've expected the coupon to be $25. The extra $5 isn't much, but it sets Kmart above everyone other retailer without the requirement of an additional purchase. I also envisioned this as the game that gets the general public on the coupon train to chain the more mainstream games (Gears-> Battlefied-> MW3-> Uncharted 3), almost locking in their future purchases at Kmart. This is just my two cents worth of constructive criticism on the deal.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Isn't it just Walmart.com and Amazon?

I would have done points but Microsoft has a program with live subscription cards which helped me hit half off.

Still $50 in potential value on a huge title, I am thinking it should stand as the best offer but we will see![/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's just Walmart and Amazon. I don't even consider Best Buy and Gamestop valid retailers when talking about gaming coupons. They never offer anything.

And I certainly didn't mean to imply it was a bad deal. I was just saying that it's either a great deal (if it's time to renew your Live subscription) or it's simply on par with the deals from Walmart and Amazon (if you're not looking to renew).

Personally, I'll be getting it from Kmart because my subscription runs out in November and I know every major game coming out in the next few months will be getting a similar $20ish coupon deal at Kmart so that's the coupon train I plan on hopping on.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Yes, you'd be on the coupon train:)[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_Zi-YSW3aQ

Is there a file that has a list of stores that will have the Epic/Limited Edition of the games and show how many in stock they will have like they had for Marvel vs Capcom 3?

[quote name='Vigilante']I haven't played the demo for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon yet (though I have it installed), but I'm curious to know what jer7583 thinks of it, as I've noticed his intentions to purchase the game. :)[/QUOTE]
Just to throw an opinion out there, I thought it was pretty fun. The helicopter level was... not the best. But the air combat was very enjoyable. I'd gotten bored with AC6, as it felt so stale and lacking in excitement. This one really ramps up the intensity. It's been CODified, if you want to call it that, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It just means if you're a huge fan of old school AC, it might not be your cup of tea.

Of course, I'm being that asshole who responds to a question not posed to him, so take my view with however much salt you wish. :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']You go to your kmart and check :)[/QUOTE]
I want to know before going to gamestop is why i want to know. Me messaging Stock Boy gets overlooked so I don't know how to check.

I think the Gears deal is fine, but to be honest, my complaint is really not about having $30 off Xbox Live. That's a good deal. My problem is these deals on points cards and free games almost never work at the register from my past experience. I know everyone has their own story and each Kmart has varied levels of success on these things, but my experience has been coupons almost always print out and everything goes fine. When there's an offer for a free game or so much off a subscription or points card, the deal normally isn't activated, and it's a nightmare trying to explain it to a person at the register who doesn't have a clue what you're talking about.

Again, I think Josh is great, and regardless of whether I'm interested in the deal or not, he tries his best to give us some great bargains. Unfortunately, not all of the employees at Kmart are as knowledgeable as he is...

[quote name='beene1000'] Unfortunately, not all of the employees at Kmart are as knowledgeable as he is...[/QUOTE]

That is an understatment sadly :(

Oh and josh is there going to be a buy 1 39.99 3ds game and get another 39.99 one for 14.99 deal comming by any chance or something simmilar ?

[quote name='JCDogg911']So how will I know if my store or any close by stores will carry the Gears Epic edition?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']Is there a file that has a list of stores that will have the Epic/Limited Edition of the games and show how many in stock they will have like they had for Marvel vs Capcom 3?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JCDogg911']I want to know before going to gamestop is why i want to know. Me messaging Stock Boy gets overlooked so I don't know how to check.[/QUOTE]

Don't PM him, email him at [email protected]

Give the store number and address to be sure.

He responded within a day to me.

I have $20 in rewards points that are about to expire, but I can't seem to use them. When the cashier made my account they didn't give me a card or any login info, I just use my phone number to earn points at a check out. I asked to use my points and I was told to I needed a card.
Is there any way for me to get this solved? I ordered and received a card, but I had to start a new account.

[quote name='strait edge follower']None in the pen station store. The lowest priced games I've seen are for 14.99[/QUOTE]

There is none in Astor Place too. I see all PSP games still at regular price, even NBA Live 10... :whistle2:#

Just nabbed God of War: Origin Collection -- $25 after $15 coupon and I got another $15 coupon in return.

Can't beat the K-Mart coupon train during the holiday season.

[quote name='Tonnous24']I have $20 in rewards points that are about to expire, but I can't seem to use them. When the cashier made my account they didn't give me a card or any login info, I just use my phone number to earn points at a check out. I asked to use my points and I was told to I needed a card.
Is there any way for me to get this solved? I ordered and received a card, but I had to start a new account.[/QUOTE]

I assume you got the email about points expiring. I got it too, but I shouldn't actually have any expiring and I used all I had at one point this year, so I no longer have the email to reference.

Does the email grant you a way to access your account details? If you can get into your account, you should be able to set a PIN to use in lieu of your card when spending points. (Cashiers may tell you you must have a card, but they are wrong.)

If you can't get into your account, call the SYWR customer support number. They were extremely helpful when my card and my account were originally in the system as separate, unattached entities. Giving them your phone number, email address, and any other personal details from your signup should allow them to pull up your account and ideally grant you access to it.

Okay, has anyone else had trouble getting Star Fox?

Not trouble getting the deal to work; trouble getting it at all.

First store I went to -- after trying to get assistance in electronics -- informed me "their shipment never arrived". I was bummed, a little mad about wasting the gas, but figured it was a freak occurrence.

Drove out to the second store today and after walking from one end to the other to flag someone back to electronics, I was told "Oh, yeah, the last copy sold over the weekend. That empty spot in the case is where they were."

What's the deal? Shouldn't this be a widely available game?

Yeah the ace combat demo was incredible. The dogfight mode is a little bit too autopilot but the feel of the game is so much better than the old sterile ones.

the helicopter mission was much better than i expected. I actually died on that one.

Still really excited for ace combat assault horizon.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Isn't it just Walmart.com and Amazon?

I would have done points but Microsoft has a program with live subscription cards which helped me hit half off.

Still $50 in potential value on a huge title, I am thinking it should stand as the best offer but we will see![/QUOTE]
From my point of view, the Best Buy offer also nets me $20 plus RZ points. But overall it's a very solid Kmart deal.

Maybe it's just a weird combination of things for some people like me. For example, I forgot to hit up Stock Boy in August, so no Epic Edition at my store, thus one copy goes to BB right there. And the console deal doesn't do much for me personally, since I already own most of the content in the double pack.

Again, this is just me and the deal is good - sometimes things just combine in strange ways.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but with the Gears 3 deals, can I get both a $20 gaming coupon plus $30 off a Live sub or is it one or the other?

[quote name='Shurs']Sorry if this has already been answered, but with the Gears 3 deals, can I get both a $20 gaming coupon plus $30 off a Live sub or is it one or the other?[/QUOTE]It's both--buy the Live subscription in the same transaction as Gears 3 and $30 will automatically be deducted from the total price. The coupon will print out with your receipt.

[quote name='bromans12']Crap, was hoping that Dead Island or Resistance 3 was on sale. Perhaps next week.[/QUOTE]
They JUST came out. Resistance can't go on sale for 90 days.

Been to three stores and not a single copy of starfox to be found anywhere. Why were there such low quantities of a first party Nintendo game? Ruining my future coupon purchase trail. Any shipments coming soon?

[quote name='thrustbucket']Someone said you get the gears tripple pack free with gears 3 as well. Is that true?[/QUOTE]

wit the gears 3 console i believe.

Sent an email to [email protected] but will briefly described what happened.

Wanted to buy Dead Island to take advantage of the $20 promotion and it was sold out at most of the K-Marts around me but found one that said it had one in-stock for Xbox. They agreed to hold it so I drove there (half-hour each way to the West Covina, CA K-Mart) and turned out it was for PS3 and they had no Xbox copies. They didn't offer any significant compensation for error except a lame 10% off some other game which obviously can be beaten by any CAG

[quote name='jamezuva']Sent an email to [email protected] but will briefly described what happened.

Wanted to buy Dead Island and it was sold out at most of the K-Marts around me but found one that said it had one in-stock for Xbox. They agreed to hold it so I drove there (half-hour each way to the West Covina, CA K-Mart) and turned out it was for PS3 and they had no Xbox copies. They didn't offer any significant compensation for error except a lame 10% off some other game which obviously can be beaten by any CAG[/QUOTE]

You should have bought it, got the coupon, and the exchanged it for the xbox version at a KMart near you when it was back in stock. Sounds like the 10% would have been decent.

[quote name='murphyspub']You should have bought it, got the coupon, and the exchanged it for the xbox version at a KMart near you when it was back in stock. Sounds like the 10% would have been decent.[/QUOTE]
Well...even if most of their prices for games matched competitors (which they don't), it basically would cover the tax and I can easily buy tax-free off Amazon. You're right though, I could have got the PS3 one and switched it later but I'm not confident in the local K-Mart restocking time windows anyway

[quote name='jamezuva']Well...even if most of their prices for games matched competitors (which they don't), it basically would cover the tax and I can easily buy tax-free off Amazon. You're right though, I could have got the PS3 one and switched it later but I'm not confident in the local K-Mart restocking time windows anyway[/QUOTE]

technically not tax-free but i wont say anythin. and was it like yesterday or somethin? cuz even if they did have a copy of DI for XBox, it wouldn't have worked. the promotion's over

and SotD for 30 next week??? o_O

[quote name='Dejitaru_Davis']Okay, has anyone else had trouble getting Star Fox?

Not trouble getting the deal to work; trouble getting it at all.

First store I went to -- after trying to get assistance in electronics -- informed me "their shipment never arrived". I was bummed, a little mad about wasting the gas, but figured it was a freak occurrence.

Drove out to the second store today and after walking from one end to the other to flag someone back to electronics, I was told "Oh, yeah, the last copy sold over the weekend. That empty spot in the case is where they were."

What's the deal? Shouldn't this be a widely available game?[/QUOTE] [quote name='mrbutler14']Been to three stores and not a single copy of starfox to be found anywhere. Why were there such low quantities of a first party Nintendo game? Ruining my future coupon purchase trail. Any shipments coming soon?[/QUOTE]

I bought my copy at 9 a.m. on Friday morning and they hadn't put them out yet. I watched the employee open the box and there were EXACTLY three copies, of which I bought one. Even the employee was surprised they had received so few copies.

So, I'm not terribly surprised you couldn't find it.

For the God of War Collection, can we get the $15 coupon now or do we need to wait till the 18th? Is it saying that the coupons are starting to be distributed on the 18th or they are distributed NOW from the 13th through the 17th and you have to use them between sept 18 and oct 29?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']technically not tax-free but i wont say anythin. and was it like yesterday or somethin? cuz even if they did have a copy of DI for XBox, it wouldn't have worked. the promotion's over

and SotD for 30 next week??? o_O[/QUOTE]
no, I did it on the last day of the promotion Sept 9

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']For the God of War Collection, can we get the $15 coupon now or do we need to wait till the 18th? Is it saying that the coupons are starting to be distributed on the 18th or they are distributed NOW from the 13th through the 17th and you have to use them between sept 18 and oct 29?[/QUOTE]Reread the OP. It says to buy GOW now and you will get a coupon valid from 9-18 to 10-29.

I called/went to like 5 different KMarts, and only one of them had Starfox in stock, fortunately they held it for me because it was basically the farthest away KMart from my house that I was willing to drive to.

[quote name='jamezuva']no, I did it on the last day of the promotion Sept 9[/QUOTE]

ah ok, yea, dead island and resistance 3 (and apparently many other recent releases) have been understocked. kmart apparently didn't order many copies, or as many as they usually might, and there was a high demand for some of these games. i barely found copies and my kmarts not exactly the most high traffic store

Has anyone in the NYC area been able to get god of war origins? both Penn station and the one on Broadway both didn't have it on Tuesday. was wondering if there was a stock issue or if its somewhere sitting in a box in the back or something..

[quote name='medetron']Has anyone in the NYC area been able to get god of war origins? both Penn station and the one on Broadway both didn't have it on Tuesday. was wondering if there was a stock issue or if its somewhere sitting in a box in the back or something..[/QUOTE]

In the penn station one did you check that glass desk infront of all of those dust collecting collectors editions ? They tend to put new releases like dues ex in there If they are not in the big game display case

[quote name='medetron']Has anyone in the NYC area been able to get god of war origins? both Penn station and the one on Broadway both didn't have it on Tuesday. was wondering if there was a stock issue or if its somewhere sitting in a box in the back or something..[/QUOTE]

There was one sitting at the glass case that's next to the register as of 6PM yesterday in Penn Station. Was looking for Star Fox but didn't have any in stock. They also had Star Craft 2 with the DS/3DS game cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back