Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing in next week's ad that wasn't revealed yet:

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 gaming headset for $44.99, $15 off the regular price of $59.99

Also, the offer of $30 for 12-month Xbox Live Gold with a purchase of Gears of War 3 is in the ad.

[quote name='chimpmeister'] Look at Duke Nukem Forever, it had huge hype in the press, then got trashed in reviews, and probably sold like dirt. Hard to predict demand for a lot of games[/QUOTE]

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/14/june-npd-duke-nukem-forever-is-2/

#2 on the NPD in June, so it didn't sell like dirt at all.

It shouldn't be hard to predict demand for a lot of these games at K-Mart -- they have been offering sold release week deals on games for over a year now.

One would assume they have that data available to them or can crunch it in a way to see "Ok, it seems on average Store #1 sells 7 copies of a new release game on launch week, while Store #2 sells 4 copies" and thus ship appropriate amounts to each store. Slower stores receive less games, larger stores receive more.

Its like K-Mart only works in extremes -- they overordered tons of games in the past (Halo Reach is one, my store still has tons and tons of copies) and now are under ordering tons of games now to the point where they sell out Tuesday.

The fact that K-Mart also for the most part only deals in AAA titles, it really shouldn't be that hard to predict demand since the large majority of games they deal in are the ones that sell huge numbers. Maybe only 3 or 4 of the games K-Mart has a deal on for the rest of the year are iffy. Yea, Dead Island took a lot of people by surprise, but there should be no reason stores are understocking Resistance 3 and NHL 12 and no discernible reason we should expect Arkham City and Skyrim to be the same, judging by the pattern.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Gears 3, whether its understocked or overstocked to the point of Reach.

[quote name='animalspinners']http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/14/june-npd-duke-nukem-forever-is-2/

#2 on the NPD in June, so it didn't sell like dirt at all.

It shouldn't be hard to predict demand for a lot of these games at K-Mart -- they have been offering sold release week deals on games for over a year now.

One would assume they have that data available to them or can crunch it in a way to see "Ok, it seems on average Store #1 sells 7 copies of a new release game on launch week, while Store #2 sells 4 copies" and thus ship appropriate amounts to each store. Slower stores receive less games, larger stores receive more.

Its like K-Mart only works in extremes -- they overordered tons of games in the past (Halo Reach is one, my store still has tons and tons of copies) and now are under ordering tons of games now to the point where they sell out Tuesday.

The fact that K-Mart also for the most part only deals in AAA titles, it really shouldn't be that hard to predict demand since the large majority of games they deal in are the ones that sell huge numbers. Maybe only 3 or 4 of the games K-Mart has a deal on for the rest of the year are iffy. Yea, Dead Island took a lot of people by surprise, but there should be no reason stores are understocking Resistance 3 and NHL 12 and no discernible reason we should expect Arkham City and Skyrim to be the same, judging by the pattern.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Gears 3, whether its understocked or overstocked to the point of Reach.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the June totals for DNF, but VGCHartz has the worldwide sales at only 420k for 360, 300k for PS3, and 130k for PC (so 850k worldwide). While those aren't terrible numbers, Killzone 3 on PS3 alone sold 1.82 million worldwide, and Resistance 2 sold 2.15 million worldwide (and Resistance 3 should be higher once it has time to sell through). Even Bulletstorm, not a well known franchise (but a great game in my opinion), sold a total of 1.11 million copies between all three formats.

Also keep in mind that part of the DNF sales are due to firesale prices on the game. It seemed to be discounted heavily from very early in its release cycle, to move as many as possible. And if discounted like this, in many cases the retailers eat the losses. K-mart most likely didn't do well with DNF, but I guess Josh could give a better idea about this.

As for K-mart doing a better job of predicting sales, that seems to be getting harder and harder, with TRU, Amazon, BB, and Newegg all aggressively competing for sales of games. K-mart may not get as big a slice of the pie as some others, particularly Amazon, so the stock just sits on the shelf until they blow it out.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Not sure about the June totals for DNF, but VGCHartz has the worldwide sales at only 420k for 360, 300k for PS3, and 130k for PC (so 850k worldwide). While those aren't terrible numbers, Killzone 3 on PS3 alone sold 1.82 million worldwide, and Resistance 2 sold 2.15 million worldwide (and Resistance 3 should be higher once it has time to sell through). Even Bulletstorm, not a well known franchise (but a great game in my opinion), sold a total of 1.11 million copies between all three formats.[/QUOTE]
VGChartz is about as far removed from having reliable, credible anything as you can get. Do not use them over NPD.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']VGChartz is about as far removed from having reliable, credible anything as you can get. Do not use them over NPD.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip; do you have a link for the NPD website, and do they give out sales numbers? I did wonder about vgchartz, especially when I saw that Shadows of the damned only sold like 9k copies worldwide, according to them (is that possible?).

Today we were near another Kmart, so I dropped by to check out if they had Star Fox. Surprisingly, they actually had two copies, so I bought one to get back on the coupon train. The easy transaction here (people seem more competent at this store) makes up for the waste of time that was my original attempt to get it on release day at the Kmart nearest to me. Thanks Josh! Hopefully it'll be just as easy to get the rest of the new releases this year.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Thanks for the tip; do you have a link for the NPD website, and do they give out sales numbers? I did wonder about vgchartz, especially when I saw that Shadows of the damned only sold like 9k copies worldwide, according to them (is that possible?).[/QUOTE]
NPD stopped releasing numbers publicly a while ago, I'm afraid (they only show numbers to companies in the industry now, IIRC.). But they're the industry standard for games and other media, so if DNF is ranked 2nd in sales, it probably did ok for itself, all things considered. VGChartz, on the other hand, has been shown to have incredibly poor statistical reasoning and extrapolation, as well as sampling sizes and techniques. (I've heard they've been caught calling Gamestops for second-hand numbers and extrapolating out on a straight-line from there, for example.)

They've just recently been outed for advertorials and dereliction of payment to editors and writers too, so things aren't too good for them at the moment.

FWIW, Shadows of the Damned did sell poorly, but it's already been confirmed to have sold at least 20k units, so double, apparently, what Chartz "estimated."

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']NPD stopped releasing numbers publicly a while ago, I'm afraid (they only show numbers to companies in the industry now, IIRC.). But they're the industry standard for games and other media, so if DNF is ranked 2nd in sales, it probably did ok for itself, all things considered. VGChartz, on the other hand, has been shown to have incredibly poor statistical reasoning and extrapolation, as well as sampling sizes and techniques. (I've heard they've been caught calling Gamestops for second-hand numbers and extrapolating out on a straight-line from there, for example.)

They've just recently been outed for advertorials and dereliction of payment to editors and writers too, so things aren't too good for them at the moment.

FWIW, Shadows of the Damned did sell poorly, but it's already been confirmed to have sold at least 20k units, so double, apparently, what Chartz "estimated."[/QUOTE]

Well I looked at vgchartz again, and I misread it. They have .09, which is 90k units worldwide, not 9k units. I misread because they really should put it as .090, to make it clear (all figures should be to three decimals, making the figures easy to read); otherwise their figures can be confusing. DNF has 860k worldwide (including all formats), which isn't bad at all; but not what the publishers thought it would be.

[quote name='wantedman728']Not sure if this was asked already but, is KMART actually receiving Epic Edition of Gears of War 3? Anyone know????????[/QUOTE]

Stockboy mentioned about 2 - 3 per store. Post was on Friday I think.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']VGChartz is about as far removed from having reliable, credible anything as you can get. Do not use them over NPD.[/QUOTE]

While not defending VGChartz, I would like to point out that NPD is not that reliable either to the extent that they only measure 65% of the data. They do not track Toysrus or Walmart for example, and certainly not the smaller regional stores. There will never be a perfect system though, even the publishers are apt to inflate their sales numbers.

well chartz just makes up their numbers. NPD extrapolates based on having the most data they can.

Just cause a guy has a website, and makes a guess, doesn't make his guess more right. You may as well just make up the numbers for yourself if you use chartz.

Plotted out my coupon train.

Gonna use my $15 Star Fox 3D coupon on Shadow of the Colossus/ICO
My $15 Shadow of the Colossus/ICO coupon on Uncharted 3
My Uncharted 3 coupon on Skyrim
Then I'll buy Super Mario 3D Land
I'll use my Skyrim and Super Mario coupons on the Skyward Sword CE (if you guys have it)
And the Skyward Sword CE coupon on Mario Kart 7

Good times, good times.

I think the skyward sword CE is only available for pre-orders, like the Dark Souls CE.

Nintendo probably isn't allocating them to retailers that can't show pre-order demand.

[quote name='MuckFichigan']If we buy the Gears console bundle, do we get $30 off of a 12-month Gold Membership? Or just the Triple Pack for free? Also, would we get the $20 gaming coupon with the Gears console purchase. Just trying to figure out where I want to pick up the console.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to 2nd this, Does this apply to the console bundle?

[quote name='voteccow']I'd like to 2nd this, Does this apply to the console bundle?[/QUOTE]

I believe that if you purchase the Gears of War 3 320 Xbox bundle, you will
only get the GOW Triple pack for free. The $20 gaming coupon and discounted 12 month live card happen when you purchase any version of the Gears of War 3 game (standard, limited or epic).

[quote name='wantedman728']Not sure if this was asked already but, is KMART actually receiving Epic Edition of Gears of War 3? Anyone know????????[/QUOTE]

Marauder is slightly wrong. It will NOT be in all stores.
Here's the official word from Stockboy
[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']As for Limited Editions, about 1 in 3 stores will have a 2 copies, Epic, about 1 in 6 stores will have 2 copies. We expect those to sell out day 1.[/QUOTE]

So they'll be out there, but they'll be very limited and only in a few stores.
I'd recommend calling before going to your store to double check.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']While not defending VGChartz, I would like to point out that NPD is not that reliable either to the extent that they only measure 65% of the data. They do not track Toysrus or Walmart for example, and certainly not the smaller regional stores. There will never be a perfect system though, even the publishers are apt to inflate their sales numbers.[/QUOTE]
65% is more than adequate for a sample size for statistical extrapolation. Since it's feasibly impossible to get 100% of all sales data, everywhere, you need to instead ensure you have as much accurate data as possible and fill out the estimate with statistically reasoned estimates based on an adequate amount of data already known. This is why things like opening weekend box office numbers and exit polling can be accurate even where we can't get data from everyone. Chartz has been shown, however, not to follow any sort of rigorous or generally-accepted statistical practices.

Publishers can't inflate their sales numbers to the NPD, as the NPD gets their sales data from, IIRC, retailers. Also, I believe publishers would be legally liable for doing that. They sometimes release to the public units shipped versus units sold, but that's neither inflation or deception.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Well I looked at vgchartz again, and I misread it. They have .09, which is 90k units worldwide, not 9k units. I misread because they really should put it as .090, to make it clear (all figures should be to three decimals, making the figures easy to read); otherwise their figures can be confusing. DNF has 860k worldwide (including all formats), which isn't bad at all; but not what the publishers thought it would be.[/QUOTE]
Ah, ok. Either way, I do not trust that number, as it seems improbable to me that the game sold at the same rate as its first few weeks at retail over the next three months. That's a rather unsustainable amount of sales, and not realistic modeling at all (it seems to assume a straight line). Josh can probably attest to the fact that sales decline noticeably for most tiles after the first month.

oh yeah well my website "VidzyaGam Chartin" which is now hosted within this post says that Duke sold only 400k units lifetime

Well I really wanted to start the coupon train back up again with God of War: Origins but none of the 4 Kmarts in my area got the game in at all, or if they did, they never put them out (which is also common here). I checked each store everyday and nothing. I guess it was nice to actually have the coupon offered though. It's just a shame they have lazy employees here. 8(

I think there was a stock locator for MVC3 CE's , any chance on getting one for Gears of war 3 Epic Editions? I'm really hoping to get one and would rather not waste time going to a store which wont be getting it to begin with.

[quote name='jer7583']oh yeah well my website "VidzyaGam Chartin" which is now hosted within this post says that Duke sold only 400k units lifetime[/QUOTE]
:lol: [quote name='https://twitter.com/#%21/jeffgerstmann/status/114425057073303552']All my favorite wildly inaccurate and ethically shaky salez analysis toolz end in a Z![/QUOTE]
---
[quote name='NegativeZero']I think there was a stock locator for MVC3 CE's , any chance on getting one for Gears of war 3 Epic Editions? I'm really hoping to get one and would rather not waste time going to a store which wont be getting it to begin with.[/QUOTE]
Email Stock Boy. I don't believe that Excel sheet for MvC3 was supposed to be public, so it's unlikely we'll get one for GoW3.

Got a question for Josh. Will Sonic Generations for the 3DS see any type of deal along with the PS3/360 versions? After seeing some footage I realize I need to buy both, and well I was curious if K-mart would be also having a deal on the 3DS version.

[quote name='voteccow']I'd like to 2nd this, Does this apply to the console bundle?[/QUOTE]

Wait...so if we get Gears of War 3 at Kmart we get teh $20 gaming coupon AND the $30 off the 12 month membership?

My wife's membership expires the day before the game comes out so this deal would be more than perfect for us.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Got a question for Josh. Will Sonic Generations for the 3DS see any type of deal along with the PS3/360 versions? After seeing some footage I realize I need to buy both, and well I was curious if K-mart would be also having a deal on the 3DS version.[/QUOTE]

Previews for the 3DS version aren't looking so hot, and there isn't even a solid release date for it yet, unlike the 360/PS3 ones.

Picked up the Turtle Beach headset, but now noticed that the sale is suppose to be the Turtle Beach x12's and i got the turtle beach x11's. I haven't opened them so i'm probably going to take them back, but i didn't see any x12's over there. sigh. From what i read it's a huge difference in quality.

[quote name='o_O']Previews for the 3DS version aren't looking so hot, and there isn't even a solid release date for it yet, unlike the 360/PS3 ones.[/QUOTE]
Did not know that. I thought it was supposed to be launched with the console versions. Thanks for that.

[quote name='Murderstorm']Hey guys will k-mart have gears 3 at midnight?[/QUOTE]

Only the (rare) 24 hour stores will but I don't think the coupon or offer go into effect until around 6 am.

[quote name='Rod92905']Wait...so if we get Gears of War 3 at Kmart we get teh $20 gaming coupon AND the $30 off the 12 month membership?

My wife's membership expires the day before the game comes out so this deal would be more than perfect for us.[/QUOTE]

Thats correct, though Gears 3 and Live subscription must be purchased in same transaction.

[quote name='Killbomb']Only the (rare) 24 hour stores will but I don't think the coupon or offer go into effect until around 6 am.[/QUOTE]

I recall it being explained like this as well. The promotions that are keyed to start on release date don't activate until 6am, and then the registers need to be reset to have that data updated. I don't have any 24h locations near me, but I would assume that they restart their registers at about that time every day.

[quote name='strait edge follower']How much was it ? Does kmart have it on sale ? I really want a good price for that game[/QUOTE]

Per the OP, :ps3::360: Shadows of the Damned $29.99 from today through Saturday the 24th. I might consider this one myself, though I wouldn't get to playing it for a while so I'm tempted instead to wait for holiday promotions.

[quote name='Preedatore']Thats correct, though Gears 3 and Live subscription must be purchased in same transaction.[/QUOTE]

SCORE! I had just also found the same answer on their blog. Awesome! I was going to buy a 12 month subscription anyways.....this has just made up my mind.

Thanks

[quote name='strait edge follower']How much was it ? Does kmart have it on sale ? I really want a good price for that game[/QUOTE]

It was on sale for 29.99

I went to the Des Plaines, IL location again this morning, 4214. Not my nearest but I'm out there most Sundays for a flea market.

I reported last week that I looked for Third Birthday for PSP at the $9.99 price people were spotting. I found three in hard cases (Chicago area, no more glass doors) marked $19.99 and one loose copy tagged $9.99, but that one had a tear in the wrap by the clasp where someone had successfully removed the UMD from the rest of the packaging. I brought it to the counter for them to pull it from the shelves.

This morning, to make a long story short, I discovered over thirty pilfered game cases among the store's stock, both in the PSP games in the electronics section as well as across all systems in the bargain bin by the registers. I did locate one $9.99 copy of Third Birthday which I purchased (Thanks for the tips to look in the bargain bin!) and brought the cases to customer service.

So buyer beware, I guess, especially if you go to 4214. I hope that this doesn't end up reflecting poorly on the open air redesign of the gaming section, though the newer games are pretty well secured. The thief has some terrible taste in games, from what I could discern. Why would anyone bother to steal Sega Superstars Tennis for the Wii?

About the Turtle Beach x12 sale. The ad has a picture of the x12s but, online and in my local store I don't see the x12s anywhere, only the x11s at the sale price of $44.99

Some kind of misprint maybe?

[quote name='Marauder7']I'm would think Kmart would stock more copies of Gears than DI but stranger things have happened. I may have to go before work to pickup a limited edition and hopefully the night crew at Penn Station will have the game put out into the case.[/QUOTE]

I didn't so much mean how many they have in stock, but rather if they actually get them out on the floor first thing in the morning. I mean, there's going to be people there when the store opens so they can't just lollygag and put them out at noon.

more like lollygag and put them out on friday afteroon at some of my stores..

[quote name='bigpimpin24']ODST for $10? I might re add it to my collection just for the hell of it, lol. I'm a sucker for cheap games :([/QUOTE]

Same here. ODST is the only Halo I don't own. Dunno when I'd play I'd play it though.

So is there a limit to how many Live cards you can buy with the Gears deal?

[quote name='n10zguy']Well I really wanted to start the coupon train back up again with God of War: Origins but none of the 4 Kmarts in my area got the game in at all, or if they did, they never put them out (which is also common here). I checked each store everyday and nothing. I guess it was nice to actually have the coupon offered though. It's just a shame they have lazy employees here. 8([/QUOTE]

email josh. maybe he can do somethin for u.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Got a question for Josh. Will Sonic Generations for the 3DS see any type of deal along with the PS3/360 versions? After seeing some footage I realize I need to buy both, and well I was curious if K-mart would be also having a deal on the 3DS version.[/QUOTE]

wats the difference? i haven't really been keeping up with the game

[quote name='Rod92905']Wait...so if we get Gears of War 3 at Kmart we get teh $20 gaming coupon AND the $30 off the 12 month membership?

My wife's membership expires the day before the game comes out so this deal would be more than perfect for us.[/QUOTE]

yup. purchase at the same time tho, otherwise it won't work

i believe 29.99 for the week

Why isn't there going to be any deal planned for Kirby's Return to Dreamland in Oct.? Especially after the debacle that happened with Kirby's Mass Attack? Nintendo needs to be getting a little more coupon love.

neither of the Kmarts in my area had the x12's was dissapointed, only x11's at 44, so i just got the x11's at target for 35 but found a clearance flightstick for 9 bucks :D that was pretty sweet seeing how i'm looking foward to Ace Combat coming out soon.

I think part of it is that Kirby's Return to Dream Land didn't have a solid release date until recently (I think it's 10/24, though I don't know if Nintendo confirmed it), so maybe Josh will think of some sort of deal with both Kirby games. :D

Went to two Kmarts and they didn't had the x12s, they had x11s for $45 though. The electronics associate called another two stores and they told her they would receive a shipment on Tuesday. Has anyone actually found x12s at Kmart?

[quote name='casinoman921']Sorry if this has been mentioned, but how long will the Star Fox 3DS coupon be available for? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Last week, I think. It's over now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back