Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Killbomb']Only the (rare) 24 hour stores will but I don't think the coupon or offer go into effect until around 6 am.[/QUOTE]

My store is open 24 hours (Round Lake Beach, IL) and I was there last week to get the God of War collection at midnight and other then the overnight stock people all hanging out in one area and having to hunt them down, I was able to get my copy at midnight and the coupon printed. Hopefully same goes for tomorrow night when I pick up Gears 3.

[quote name='mdvayne1982']My store is open 24 hours (Round Lake Beach, IL) and I was there last week to get the God of War collection at midnight and other then the overnight stock people all hanging out in one area and having to hunt them down, I was able to get my copy at midnight and the coupon printed. Hopefully same goes for tomorrow night when I pick up Gears 3.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well I remember reading reports of people getting games at midnight but no coupon printing out. Hopefully it's been updated since then. Midnight releases are one thing I wish more Kmarts would start having. I am a night person so getting games at midnight fits right into my schedule. Maybe even just one store per area so I can enjoy the deals AND play right away.

[quote name='Killbomb']Ah, well I remember reading reports of people getting games at midnight but no coupon printing out. Hopefully it's been updated since then. Midnight releases are one thing I wish more Kmarts would start having. I am a night person so getting games at midnight fits right into my schedule. Maybe even just one store per area so I can enjoy the deals AND play right away.[/QUOTE]

I picture Lost Boys 2 with vampires playing video games, or Josh hosting wild midnight-release parties a la
Anyway, I don't have access to any 24-hour Kmarts, but I think midnight releases at Kmarts that can do that would be the bomb.

Just picked up Shadows of the Damned for $10.61 after coupon and tax. The sale price was clearly marked in a K-Mart that is usually slacking. Here here for straight up sales! Now I'm hoping for a similarly smooth experience tomorrow morning for Gears 3, followed by faking sick at work :cool:

[quote name='btormar']Any chance of a deal or discount on Resistance 3 any time soon? I know it just came out, but I missed out on the release deal as I was out of the country. Thanks![/QUOTE]
I went to that store the other day and saw the same thing, it won't affect the live sale thing.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']65% is more than adequate for a sample size for statistical extrapolation. Since it's feasibly impossible to get 100% of all sales data, everywhere, you need to instead ensure you have as much accurate data as possible and fill out the estimate with statistically reasoned estimates based on an adequate amount of data already known. This is why things like opening weekend box office numbers and exit polling can be accurate even where we can't get data from everyone. Chartz has been shown, however, not to follow any sort of rigorous or generally-accepted statistical practices.

Publishers can't inflate their sales numbers to the NPD, as the NPD gets their sales data from, IIRC, retailers. Also, I believe publishers would be legally liable for doing that. They sometimes release to the public units shipped versus units sold, but that's neither inflation or deception.

Ah, ok. Either way, I do not trust that number, as it seems improbable to me that the game sold at the same rate as its first few weeks at retail over the next three months. That's a rather unsustainable amount of sales, and not realistic modeling at all (it seems to assume a straight line). Josh can probably attest to the fact that sales decline noticeably for most tiles after the first month.[/QUOTE]
The NPD extrapolation is rock solid. Even at 30-40 percent you can make a very accurate analysis.

[quote name='therealdeal19']Kirby Mass Attack is listed for a 9/19 release, however, the ad shows it's for 9/21 (realize it's the wrong version.)

Josh, when do you expect Kmart stores to have the game for sale?[/QUOTE]
Probably not until November after the mix up. 9/19 was a ship date, 9/21 was actually correct for when it would be in store.

[quote name='predseth']No big deal. Just curious. . . did you have $10 or $15 planned?[/QUOTE]
It would have been a $10 since it is $29.99.

[quote name='thanossurfer']Exactly. I have read posts myself stating people have had no trouble using the $5 coupon. Strange indeed. I am sure Josh is looking into it.[/QUOTE]
Still have only received less than 10 complaints via email, it seems like associate error more than anything. We are definitely helping out where needed via email.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Still have only received less than 10 complaints via email, it seems like associate error more than anything. We are definitely helping out where needed via email.[/QUOTE]
In my experience, the coupon gets rejected because "They don't take internet coupons". It's because they are confused about the definition of "Internet". They are not supposed to take coupons that are specifically for Kmart.com apparently, so I just point to the part that says "In Store use only", and they are willing to scan it.

Err- I'm talking about the $5 off $50 coupons- not the EA coupon. It gave the same "Reward not met" error though. it that helps.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Probably not until November after the mix up. 9/19 was a ship date, 9/21 was actually correct for when it would be in store.[/QUOTE]Does that mean there's no hope for a combo deal involving Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Kirby Mass Attack? :cry: Maybe there could be a post-release deal...?

Josh if your still on can you tell me if the problems with the $5 EA coupon from Madden are fixed? Really want to get FIFA 12 in a few weeks but I have feeling I might have to jump through some hoops.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not currently but I'll definitely put it in the hopper.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Josh! You're the man.

I was just surprised, because it seems like all the other compilation HD re-make games drop after a few months, but this one hasn't, and it's been out for nearly six months.

Mr SHC-Gamer, I'm sorry if it's been asked, but it's tough to wade thru thousands of older posts. Will there be any near-term sales on Driver:SF? I would love to use my $20 Gears coupon on top of a potential $39 sale price.

Man, I hope the gamers website goes up soon so we can purchase games online at Kmart and take advantage of the promos!!

My local Kmart is closing its doors so the only other options are 2 BB within 5 minutes, amazon, or the closest Kmart that is 25 minutes away (each way...)

Any update on the new site, Josh? I was lucky enough to be a part of the research group (or whatever you would call it), and I'm quite interested to see those ideas presented go live and get momentum. That might just be the budding developer in me talking (which is why I can understand how it might take so long to get built), but they're really intriguing.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The NPD extrapolation is rock solid. Even at 30-40 percent you can make a very accurate analysis.[/QUOTE]
That's what I figured. I trust NPD implicitly; Chartz, on the other hand, I do not. I have quite vivid memories of it estimating DS or PSP (I can't remember which) sales after launch at a 45 degree angle straight-line projection, and I've forever since laughed them off. It was some horrid math of finding out how many sold on average a second/minute/etc. and extrapolating out straight-line from there. Quite bonkers.

How do you get the $20 coupon with Kmart?

You have to sign up for some kind of program?

Very very very much a mission to do when so many other companies make it easy for you.....

[quote name='tears2040']How do you get the $20 coupon with Kmart?

Very very very much a mission to do when so many other companies make it easy for you.....[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how much easier one can make it?

1. Go to Kmart
2. Bring game to cashier
3. Give cashier your SYWR (Shop Your Way Rewards) card or phone number
4. Pay for game (Kmart does like money)
5. Receipt prints out with coupon (unless they run out of paper)

Everything about Kmart is explained in the intial posts of this topic.

Didn't read the posts before me but just comin' here this evening to tell my finds:

Halo 3 ODST (Xbox 360) 9.99 (Featured in circular, it's a short game but you can't go wrong for $10, I got the last copy they had)

The 3rd Birthday 9.99 (I could very easily make double my money on this,but I do want to play it anybody have experience with the game?)

I did pretty well today.

Hopefully kmarts are prepared for tomorrow, and the memos from corporate about how big of a launch day it is aren't sitting ignored or in the trash at stores around the country, lol.

My wife went and asked if they already had Gears of War 3 in the back so I can get it on Tuesday.

The guy told her yes and to make sure to have me come by and pre-order it before they close tonight. if I wanted a copy

Anyone have a clue on whether the guy is simply an idiot or maybe K-Mart is doing reserves now?

I will be royally peed off if I get there in the morning when they open and they are sold out already or holding them for other folks.

[quote name='rdlee']My wife went and asked if they already had Gears of War 3 in the back so I can get it on Tuesday.

The guy told her yes and told her to make sure to have me pre-order it before they close tonight.

Anyone have a clue on whether the guy is simply an idiot or maybe K-Mart is doing reserves now?

I will be royally peed off if I get there in the morning when they open and they are sold out already or holding them for other folks.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, the clerk's just an idiot. Kmart doesn't do preorders still.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Don't worry, the clerk's just an idiot. Kmart doesn't do preorders still.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. That was my initial reaction too but just wanted to ask on here and make sure.

[quote name='rdlee']Thanks for the reply. That was my initial reaction too but just wanted to ask on here and make sure.[/QUOTE]
I would have given kudos if your wife opted for the so-called pre-order.

I tried to tell my buddies at work about the Kmart deal on gears. They both thought it was too good to be true especially since they both need new live renewals. I stopped in at work a bit ago to check the schedule and they had already gone to a local shop and bought copies today for full price and no coupons or anything. I just dont understand their thinking. Both even said how awesome it would be to be able to grab Battlefield 3 for just $40 on release day, then do the same with COD.

Wow, just saw the $30 off 12 months of Live got added to Gears 3....

Awesome job with the deals. I don't think I've bought a new release game anywhere else since these deals started last fall.

[quote name='burz88']I tried to tell my buddies at work about the Kmart deal on gears. They both thought it was too good to be true especially since they both need new live renewals. I stopped in at work a bit ago to check the schedule and they had already gone to a local shop and bought copies today for full price and no coupons or anything. I just dont understand their thinking. Both even said how awesome it would be to be able to grab Battlefield 3 for just $40 on release day, then do the same with COD.[/QUOTE]

stupid is as stupid does

but they get to play it like 10 hours early whaaaat

[quote name='tears2040']How do you get the $20 coupon with Kmart?

Very very very much a mission to do when so many other companies make it easy for you.....[/QUOTE]

Its actually the same way as toysrus or Best Buy. Takes 1 minute to sign up for if even that, plus its benefits are better than either of the two. So unless you have a mental or physical handicap that prevents you from going to Kmart and doing something a caveman can do, calling it a "mission" is pretty ignorant. Heck, even horrible cashiers can set you up fast without a problem.

Picked up SoTD today for 360 for $30, great price (and last 360 copy). There were still two PS3 copies in the case. Looking forward to Gears 3 tomorrow, hopefully my local K-marts will have plenty of copies.

[quote name='therealdeal19']I'm not sure how much easier one can make it?

1. Go to Kmart
2. Bring game to cashier
3. Give cashier your SYWR (Shop Your Way Rewards) card or phone number
4. Pay for game (Kmart does like money)
5. Receipt prints out with coupon (unless they run out of paper)

Everything about Kmart is explained in the intial posts of this topic.[/QUOTE]

You must have never went to a store in South FLorida and dealt with the people that work there. Basically if it's not advertised in the Kmart weekly ad it simply does not exist.....

I plan on using SYWR points tomorrow. Do I need the card, or can I just give the cashier my phone number?

Only reason I ask is because I was shipped multiple cards and don't know which one is actually connected to my account.

Edit: Just looked two posts up. I'm a moron.

Luckily I've had pretty good experiences with these deals. Just hoping that the 12 month Live cards are in stock at the Kmart I'm headed to. Good luck everybody!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Probably not until November after the mix up. 9/19 was a ship date, 9/21 was actually correct for when it would be in store.[/QUOTE]
Wait, so Kmart won't be getting Kirby Mass Attack until November? I thought you only had to cancel/delay the coupon deal, not the release of the game itself. Kind of a bummer if true.

Well looks like I'm going to have to wait till the weekend to pick up Gears 3. Hope my K-Mart still has them in stock, I could really use another year of Live :)

[quote name='wune']I plan on using SYWR points tomorrow. Do I need the card, or can I just give the cashier my phone number?

Only reason I ask is because I was shipped multiple cards and don't know which one is actually connected to my account.

Edit: Just looked two posts up. I'm a moron.[/QUOTE]

It's a little more involved when SPENDING points or else anyone could give your phone number and bleed your account dry. If you don't have the card on hand, you need to provide your PIN to spend them. This can be found on the card itself or set manually by logging into your SYWR account through the website. (While you're doing that, you'll probably be able to figure out which card is attached to your account.)

[quote name='sam16']Wait, so Kmart won't be getting Kirby Mass Attack until November? I thought you only had to cancel/delay the coupon deal, not the release of the game itself. Kind of a bummer if true.[/QUOTE]

I thought he was responding to the earliest he'd do a promotion/sale on it. There's no reason that the circular mistake would keep them from stocking it. Though now I'm less than certain...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Still have only received less than 10 complaints via email, it seems like associate error more than anything. We are definitely helping out where needed via email.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the problems with the $5 EA coupon are happening when other games are purchased in the same transaction as an EA Sports Title. When I tried to buy NHL 12 with GOW: Origins Collection the cashier got some BS error message like "requirment not met" or something along those lines.

When I had him rering it solo it took the $5 EA coupon.

Well I am home from getting Gears (Was able to get their only Limited Edition copy) in Round Lake Beach, IL and might be calling or stopping by the store tomorrow to talk with one of the managers about the overnight crew. I know they work a ****** shift but no reason to be an ass to the customer. Rang up Gears, a bottle of water, and I had my rewards card sitting there so she scanned it and used the points without asking, and then when I handed her the live card it wouldn't let us add anything to the transaction because it had already started tendering. Eventually manager came up and voided the transaction.

Try it a second time, ring everything up and she puts in my points and then i noticed she didn't use the gaming coupon. Called overnight manager again and she was trying to say since I got the year card half off the system wouldn't let me use the gaming coupon even though the cashier pointed out that it says it can be combined with other offers. So rather then voiding it all out again she did a misc. coupon for $15 and told me "Well next time you'll know better then to wait until we use your points to give us a coupon." and walked away. Was real close to saying something right then and there but I have to wake up somewhat early tomorrow for work and didn't want to argue with them tonight. At least my $20 coupon printed out so I can use it on my next game.

My last Live card was $30 dollars through Amazon. I was convinced I'd probably end up paying more than that for another. It would seem that I was mistaken. Thanks for heads up.

[quote name='mdvayne1982']Well I am home from getting Gears (Was able to get their only Limited Edition copy) in Round Lake Beach, IL and might be calling or stopping by the store tomorrow to talk with one of the managers about the overnight crew. I know they work a ****** shift but no reason to be an ass to the customer. Rang up Gears, a bottle of water, and I had my rewards card sitting there so she scanned it and used the points without asking, and then when I handed her the live card it wouldn't let us add anything to the transaction because it had already started tendering. Eventually manager came up and voided the transaction.

Try it a second time, ring everything up and she puts in my points and then i noticed she didn't use the gaming coupon. Called overnight manager again and she was trying to say since I got the year card half off the system wouldn't let me use the gaming coupon even though the cashier pointed out that it says it can be combined with other offers. So rather then voiding it all out again she did a misc. coupon for $15 and told me "Well next time you'll know better then to wait until we use your points to give us a coupon." and walked away. Was real close to saying something right then and there but I have to wake up somewhat early tomorrow for work and didn't want to argue with them tonight. At least my $20 coupon printed out so I can use it on my next game.[/QUOTE]

Were you the only one there for the game at midnight? Good to know that the coupon is printing properly and the half off offer worked.

[quote name='Killbomb']Were you the only one there for the game at midnight? Good to know that the coupon is printing properly and the half off offer worked.[/QUOTE]

There were 2 other people that bought it while they were trying to fix my issue but since I was the first one asking for it I got first choice for the version of the game. Didn't see the epic edition but couldn't justify spending that much on it even if they did.

[quote name='tears2040']You must have never went to a store in South FLorida and dealt with the people that work there. Basically if it's not advertised in the Kmart weekly ad it simply does not exist.....[/QUOTE]

First rule of KMART deals: Never talk about the deals with the employees. Never, never, never!

Just present your SYWR card or phone number... and let the register handle it. If something goes wrong, email Josh with a copy of your receipt.

Seriously. Never bring up the deals with the employees. It just complicates things.

Any chance for a deal on a Wii Mario Kart bundle soon? I'm going to jump on the $135 Wii Mario Kart system bundle with $20 gift card from Target, if not today or tomorrow.

Will be picking up Gears on my lunch break. I've got my DE:HR coupon to use. Don't know if I am gonna get a Live card or not though. My Live ends in February and I am seperating and out of a job come January, so I might as well buy a card while I still have money coming in.

Another successful purchase at kmart. Just go the game and xbox live card at the philadelphia store. Store has 12 games left and about 3 xbox live cards left.

Hello everyone. First time poster, long time lurker. :) Josh has helped my wife and I in the past so this is a question for him.

Recently my local Kmart has become pretty much DESTROYED due to flooding and apparently had some internal explosion/fire damage. Our area in upstate NY suffered biblical sized flooding across like three counties. (No joke, Broome and Tioga counties been declared a federal disaster area by FEMA) My wife and I are ok, we lost some stuff in our gaming collection but we're doing fine!

Cut to the chase. I have $35 in coupons set to expire in a bit and I HIGHLY DOUBT that my local Kmart is going to re-open within the next two months. I wanted to pick up Gears 3 today and use my coupons but that's really not going to happen considering the situation. Any ideas on what I can do? I've been a loyal Kmart customer for years now and absolutely LOVE the game deals you have. I tell everyone I know to get their games at Kmart. I even taunt Gamestop employees with the "Can you beat the Kmart deal on the game?" question the FEW times I've ever bought used games when they ask me if I want to "pre-order" anything.

P.S. Just for those of you wondering what I mean by "biblical flooding", the river flood stage was considered flooding at 15 feet, and the water got up over THIRTY SEVEN. Here is some footage from a few days after 9/7/11.

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Touring-The-Twin-Tiers-From-The-Sky--129506838.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back