KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blk00civicsi']Welp, this thread was fun while it lasted. Maybe there will be another set of deals next year. There's just too much e-peen being slung around here.[/QUOTE]
Better that than e-poon.
Just kidding!

[quote name='EducAsian']I'm confused now. You said earlier that you think the coupons should work. Now, you are implying that they shouldn't work because of this clause. So what exactly is your stance?[/QUOTE]
They technically should not work because of the wording (excluding the UC3 coupon apparently), but they will anyway just like always. The only reason they wont is if someone denies your use of them, which won't be common.

[quote name='confoosious']Who is mark korich?[/QUOTE]

Mark is the guy who answers the emails now. He wrote back to me today with a resolution to my coupon issue from Sunday, quick and easy as always.

[quote name='ShockandAww']They technically should not work because of the wording, but they will anyway just like always. The only reason they wont is if someone denies your use of them, which won't be common.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is true. But Josh stated earlier that he was still trying to get 100% confirmation so I guess we shall all just have to wait and see.

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']Mark is the guy who answers the emails now. He wrote back to me today with a resolution to my coupon issue from Sunday, quick and easy as always.[/QUOTE]

Oh cool. So I guess that's definitive.

[quote name='Nesboy43']I used to always do Amazon for videogames and recently preordered Sonic for a great price but have been disjointedness by their lack of giftcard deals they used to have. So I got interested from this deal and walked to my local Kmart. Funny enough I remember in April going there and the game section was very nice and the employee was actually talking about CAG and said that its the best way to know what deals Kmart has on games. Definitely isnt the case now, the game section was an unorganized mess behind glass. The newest releases, Kirby, Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, Sonic Generations, were nowhere to be seen. Even in the bottom of the cases where the games were turned sideways in mass quantities, couldn't see any newer titles. It was a complete joke. Their clearance section which didnt have glass had plenty of room to be spread yet, yet unrelated games were stacked behind one another so you had to keep looking behind all the titles to look at everything.

This was bad enough but to top it all off the majority of the games in cases (85%) didnt even have prices on them, or anywhere nearby to tell you what the game costs. Im not one who normally complains about stuff like this but it was a complete joke. Maybe they had the titles I was looking for in their stockroom or something but Im not going to bother with it. I dont want to speand serious cash on a store thats that crappily put together so the customer cant find the items they want. After 15-20 minutes of looking at every inch of that section to find Uncharted 3 I gave up. How silly, seemed like a cool deal too. I wanted to get the UC3 collectors edition and one 15-20$ game so I would have enough items to get the 50$ card. No collectors edition let alone a normal copy of hte game. Maybe I'll try their website instead. Has anyone else been to the Valencia CA Kmart?[/QUOTE]

Well, this particular store usually receives VERY few copies of new releases (from my own experience). If you weren't able to find them, I can safely say that they are probably all sold out. If you are nearby or familiar with North Hollywood area, you should probably check out the one on Sherman Way (13007 Sherman Way) 'cause their electronics/gaming dept is a way bigger than the one in Valencia. They also receive a lot more copies. Hope that helps! ;)

On topic, I REALLY hope my store has 4000 point cards in. Emailed KmartGamer about it last week and they passed the email around internally and then tried again yesterday and they just passed it around internally again. Something about a Blackhawk rep or something. I don't know. I just want to know what can be done for me if my store STILL doesn't have any in stock tomorrow. It has been months on end with no 4000 point cards and the next closest Kmart is not carrying the Hardened Edition.
REALLY hope this gets resolved or something can be done if stores don't have the 4000 point cards in stock. The lack of a resolution or definitive answer over the past week has been irritating, but hopefully something can be done about it.
Also still concerned about whether or not stores will have LEGO Harry Potter out on Friday for it's release date or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
So do the $15 coupon and 4000 points for $30 stack? Sorry for being persistent but I know nobody at the store will know and I likely won't find out until I've already paid.

I'm thinking about getting the Metal Gear Solid HD collection and MW3. Since the games are 59.99 and 49.99, it looks like im gonna be 2 cents short of 110. Any solutions?

[quote name='GamingFiber']I'm thinking about getting the Metal Gear Solid HD collection and MW3. Since the games are 59.99 and 49.99, it looks like im gonna be 2 cents short of 110. Any solutions?[/QUOTE]
I might be in the same boat.

[quote name='EducAsian']Yeah, that is true. But Josh stated earlier that he was still trying to get 100% confirmation so I guess we shall all just have to wait and see.[/QUOTE]

HINT: people don't like you because you think you need to respond to everything, are very repetitive, and lack coherence.

You'll probably be banned eventually, so enjoy your run.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Reported EducAsian for trolling, spreading misinformation and being combative in general. I suggest others do the same. If the mods see how big of a problem he's becoming, maybe they'll do something about it. I'm so sick of his bullshit and he really does make this an unpleasant place to come to anymore.

On topic, I REALLY hope my store has 4000 point cards in. Emailed KmartGamer about it last week and they passed the email around internally and then tried again yesterday and they just passed it around internally again. Something about a Blackhawk rep or something. I don't know. I just want to know what can be done for me if my store STILL doesn't have any in stock tomorrow. It has been months on end with no 4000 point cards and the next closest Kmart is not carrying the Hardened Edition.
REALLY hope this gets resolved or something can be done if stores don't have the 4000 point cards in stock. The lack of a resolution or definitive answer over the past week has been irritating, but hopefully something can be done about it.
Also still concerned about whether or not stores will have LEGO Harry Potter out on Friday for it's release date or not.[/QUOTE]

How big of a trouble I'm becoming? Are you serious? You know, there is an ignore feature that you can use. I suggest you use that if you are so offended by me...cry me a freakin river.

[quote name='GamingFiber']I'm thinking about getting the Metal Gear Solid HD collection and MW3. Since the games are 59.99 and 49.99, it looks like im gonna be 2 cents short of 110. Any solutions?[/QUOTE]

For this promotion, only software will count toward the tiers, so the usual suggestion of an accessory or point card will not apply. Instead, look to post #6 on the first page for a list of games that have been recently discounted. Some of the Rock Band stuff is particularly cheap.

I'd buy those two games and then a clearance priced filler-game (see first page of this thread for price drops) and then trade it in at Amazon.

[quote name='LouieT']$20 coupon for WWE 12 confirmed on Facebook.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']This pleases me.[/QUOTE]

I as well.

Hopefully All Stars will finally get a substantial price drop while that coupon is active.

thanks to the guy who posted a real answer to the coupon issue. Trolls need not post here.

Telegraph (I am assuming a UK publication) has the first MW3 review. 10/10

"Modern Warfare 3 is a shining example of refinement and improvement. It's familiar, sure, but here familiarity doesn't breed contempt, just respect and reward for those who've dedicated so much time to the series. And for new players, it's the perfect starting point, more accommodating and encompassing than ever...A game which is undoubtedly going to be played for a long, long time to come, and deservedly so"

This makes me want to go to my midnight sale...so tired and I have to work...it is calling me though.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Telegraph (I am assuming a UK publication) has the first MW3 review. 10/10

"Modern Warfare 3 is a shining example of refinement and improvement. It's familiar, sure, but here familiarity doesn't breed contempt, just respect and reward for those who've dedicated so much time to the series. And for new players, it's the perfect starting point, more accommodating and encompassing than ever...A game which is undoubtedly going to be played for a long, long time to come, and deservedly so"

This make me want to go to my midnight sale...so tired and I have work...it is calling me though.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I was starting to get concerned about why the review embargo has lasted so long. Can't wait to go to K-Mart on Friday and get MW3 + Skyrim and use my $20 coupon from BF3 and then get an extra $50 in coupons to use on ACR and SR3!

Anyone else looking to camp a little bit inside their local Kmart to try and get a HE? If so, what time you heading up there?

[quote name='EducAsian']Nice! I was starting to get concerned about why the review embargo has lasted so long. Can't wait to go to K-Mart on Friday and get MW3 + Skyrim and use my $20 coupon from BF3 and then get an extra $50 in coupons to use on ACR and SR3![/QUOTE]

This was one case I never understood an embargo the day of release. If Uncharted can release a whole week in advance then I have no idea why MW3 needed to wait. It won't matter for sales for sure.

I think there are plenty of outlets looking to give slightly lower marks for CoD's stagnant, rotting design. They should be giving it lower marks, anyway.

Well my service call tomorrow is in Jackson, TN....a better KMart than in Memphis IMO.

Slim to none chance to see if they have at least one CoD MW3 Hardened Edition but I know for sure they got plenty of 4000 pts card.

I might just get MGS Collection along with it. Just gotta think of that filler item to get over 2 pennies.

[quote name='cancerman1120']This was one case I never understood an embargo the day of release. If Uncharted can release a whole week in advance then I have no idea why MW3 needed to wait. It won't matter for sales for sure.[/QUOTE]
Maybe it's to build hype. Just kidding.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Anyone else looking to camp a little bit inside their local Kmart to try and get a HE? If so, what time you heading up there?[/QUOTE]

Mine opens at 8am, same as target, so chances are all show at like 7:50, run to electronics soon as it opens, then run to target if they don't have it... then run back and buy standard at kmart. :D

[quote name='cancerman1120']This was one case I never understood an embargo the day of release. If Uncharted can release a whole week in advance then I have no idea why MW3 needed to wait. It won't matter for sales for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah definitely. IMO, having an embargo until the day of release just screams a lack of confidence in your game. There was a lot of commotion on BF3's Friday embargo, but there is not much commotion about MW3's release day embargo. That, I do not get. The reason Uncharted 3's embargo lifted a week in advance of release day was because they were confident in their product and were not afraid of people canceling their pre-orders.

But we will see what the major, mainstream outlets like IGN, Gametrailers, and Gamespot have to say about MW3 once the embargo lifts. MW3 should be fun as hell either way and I am still stoked to purchase it, but the release day embargo seems a little shady.

[quote name='rentacop']I really want it tomorrow though. :(

I already locked in at GS but the bonuses from kmart are too good to pass up. Hardened + MGS collection will net me cheap points and $50 coupon lol. Plus I already have a $20 from UC3 to use.[/QUOTE]

I agree. So can anyone help me with this question? Earlier, I emailed KMartgamer with this question?

"Hello!! So I wanted to purchase MW3 Hardened Edition for the PS3 from you tomorrow. But before I go to store 3407 in Dayton, Oh when it first opens, will you have a PS3 version available? Thanks in advance!!"

This was the response I got:

"Ben,

Can you make sure that this store has some Hardened editions PS3 for XXXX?

Thanks,

Mark Korich
Associate Buyer - Video Gaming
Sears Holdings Corporation
3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179"

Should I count on them having it in the morning or is this referring to a future date. Obviously it's too late to email them now.

[quote name='J7.']Do gaming accessories (controllers) count towards the spend $40 get $15 coupon?[/QUOTE]

Do you think accessories like controllers are gaming software?:roll:

I was just going to buy Modern Warfare 3 and Skyrim on Sunday to take advantage of the B1G1. Using my Battlefield 3 coupon would get those two games for $70 out of pocket. I'll probably be buying WWE 12 though, so it'd more advantageous for me to buy both of these this Friday to get the $50 in coupons which I can then use on WWE 12. $110 out of pocket versus $130.

Since I'll be buying Modern Warfare 3 on PS3, I won't be able to get the 4000 MSP. Is it possible for me to buy the 360 version to get the 4000 MSP offer, and then return the 360 version for the PS3 version? No big deal either way.

[quote name='pjb16']Do you think accessories like controllers are gaming software?:roll:[/QUOTE]

No but I was hoping that maybe there was some technicality where they would work :lol:. I remember buying point cards and having them count in the past even when Josh said they would not.

[quote name='adamgould']I agree. So can anyone help me with this question? Earlier, I emailed KMartgamer with this question?

"Hello!! So I wanted to purchase MW3 Hardened Edition for the PS3 from you tomorrow. But before I go to store 3407 in Dayton, Oh when it first opens, will you have a PS3 version available? Thanks in advance!!"

This was the response I got:

"Ben,

Can you make sure that this store has some Hardened editions PS3 for XXXX?

Thanks,

Mark Korich
Associate Buyer - Video Gaming
Sears Holdings Corporation
3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179"

Should I count on them having it in the morning or is this referring to a future date. Obviously it's too late to email them now.[/QUOTE]

The response email seems a bit off. For some reason, I thought this was a Kmart employee trying to buy a large amount of MW3 from Gamestop.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']The response email seems a bit off. For some reason, I thought this was a Kmart employee trying to buy a large amount of MW3 from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

It's just him forwarding to the guy who has inventory information. Maybe he hit reply instead of forward. That's all it looks like to me.

Going to wait for some more reviews or word-of-mouth before I buy MW3. The late embargo, mass exodus from IW, and the collaboration of 2-3 studios to get it done is certainly worrying. That, and BF3 is scratching my MP itch right now. I'm not sure I need another game to sink time into.

And still trying to figure out how to finish up this train. Things have gone so sideways lately. Getting Skyrim for PC, and wanting the Signature Edition of AC:R is throwing everything off.

Damn, I thought my store opened at 8. Apparently it's 7. I've already had to find some BS excuse to not be at work at 7:30 (taking wife and child to immunization clinic to get flu shot, get my Anthrax booster 4), but now I have to wake up earlier than planned.

I've also had to amend my plans slightly. My buddy can't find his $20 coupon from Dark Souls at the moment, so I'm gonna grab MGS HD and (provided it didn't get snatched up by an employee) the Hardened Edition of MW3.
Then on Friday, I'll grab Skyrim and his copy of MW3 if he finds his coupon. If not, then he can just give me the cash.

[quote name='rawrker']1) Kmart never carried the collector's edition of UC3 and don't for most games.

2) If you want improvements to the store, contact SHC and let them know. Josh has forced a lot of stores to change their ways.[/QUOTE]
Wasn't aware of this. I just think its interestingly cause I distinctively remember the employee in the game section earlier this year talking about CAG, I wonder if its common for workers to be on here. Is SHC a corporate person?

[quote name='DPsycho']While the rest of your account certainly paints a terrible picture and I agree with your decision not to award them with your business, I just wanted to point out that no KMart B&M locations are stocking collector's editions of any title but the few exceptions that are outlined in the OP. As you yourself suggested, the best way to get those is to go online or to a competitor.[/QUOTE]

I always assumed that all stores got the CE's thanks for letting me know, I saw it on their website which made me want to check the store. I suppose its another chain where their online site and actual instore stuff is completely seperate. Yeah I'm most likely just going to get the CE at Bestbuy with that 10% off coupon they have from another thread. That way itll pretty much negate or amazing 9.75% CA sales tax which will be like Amazon's price except in person and dont have to wait 2 days for it to arrive (Prime).

[quote name='kangchousa']Well, this particular store usually receives VERY few copies of new releases (from my own experience). If you weren't able to find them, I can safely say that they are probably all sold out. If you are nearby or familiar with North Hollywood area, you should probably check out the one on Sherman Way (13007 Sherman Way) 'cause their electronics/gaming dept is a way bigger than the one in Valencia. They also receive a lot more copies. Hope that helps! ;)[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the information, I'll make sure to check out that Kmart whenever Im by Sherman Way. It definitely helps me out, the Kmart thread here was so enticing so it was sad to go into Valencia and have such a bad experience. Have you ever been to Gamedude on Shermanway? Not that good for newer stuff and overpriced on alot of others but very fun selection of old games.

I think MW3 will probably turn out okay and i'll probably buy it eventually but I really hate to support them or their sequel machine there at activision.

I got bored of black ops real quick last year too. Within like, a week.

[quote name='jer7583']I think MW3 will probably turn out okay and i'll probably buy it eventually but I really hate to support them or their sequel machine there at activision.

I got bored of black ops real quick last year too. Within like, a week.[/QUOTE]
Call of Duty games and I don't get along too well, because I don't ever buy the map packs for them. So after beating the campaign and then playing for a couple months online, I won't touch it again. Since Elite is coming with the Hardened Edition and will have 9 months of DLC involved, I should be able to play this longer than past games in the series.

I have a $20 off gaming coupon can i combine it to buy MW3 and Skyrim to get one for 50% during that promotion?

*ATTENTION*

Surely someone knows whether or not the $15 coupon and the 4000msp offer both stack. I've posted this a few times with no answer... nobody at the store will know as usual and I don't want to wait until my receipt to find that I should have used gift cards for other retailers.

[quote name='rentacop']*ATTENTION*

Surely someone knows whether or not the $15 coupon and the 4000msp offer both stack. I've posted this a few times with no answer... nobody at the store will know as usual and I don't want to wait until my receipt to find that I should have used gift cards for other retailers.[/QUOTE]

Calm down man. I'm sure a ton of people were waiting for today to get in on this deal. We should hear about a lot more experiences soon

What reason do you have to think that it won't stack? You'll get your $15 coupon for spending more than $40 on the game. You'll get the discount on the points card as long as it's bought in the same transaction as a 360 version.

Just got back. god they are incompetent. Was told I couldn't use a gaming coupon from UC3 and Batman to get another gaming coupon and almost lost it.

Got a hardened edition and got denied an extra $35 in coupons because going to get another copy of MW3 for a friend, to reach the $110 amount, but instead only got the $15 (on a $40 purchase) that came with the hardened purchase by itself (which was dumb and proved the manager was an idiot because she said I couldn't get a coupon)

fucking Kmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back