KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Anderson, Indiana K-Mart is safe, for now. Most likely because it's the only big box store on the north side of town (the Wal-Mart, Target, and Meijer are all on the south side). Absolutely sucks to see the Sears go. I remember going to that Sears back in the early 90s with my grandma (who also died last May :( ), she'd take me to look at the video games and she'd occasionally buy me one of the strategy guides or magazines they had up on the counter. She spoiled the hell out of me, bought a ton of guides for me back in the day (most of which I sold which I regret seriously because a lot of those old guides, especially the Lufia Fortress of Doom guide, are worth assloads of money now). The Sears removed the video game section in the early 2000s but that was our mall's only big anchor (besides Carson's, but fuck Carson's). The mall is going to be a dead mall in a couple of years. There goes the last little bit of my childhood.

Sucks hardcore to see all the coupon deals going away. Was hoping to possibly buy a Vita at K-Mart, now I'll just wait for Black Friday :( Thanks for everything, Josh, hope you find greener pastures whatever you end up doing.

[quote name='confoosious']woz -I agree. For a healthy business, that's how you would do it. Inventory is a bad thing. This is true of every business from car dealerships to supermarkets.

(And here, I'm reading between the lines of what Josh has told us in the past along with my own conjecture. But mostly my own conjecture.)

The cycle of clearance didn't work for gaming because nobody actually bought anything to begin with. Instead, they'd wait for the clearance cycle to hit and then swoop in and pick em up at $1.97/$2.97/$4.97. After all, why buy anything above $10 if you know it's gonna hit that eventually. So basically, instead of having clearance to get rid of excess inventory (even at a major loss) and having a mixture of regular priced sales and clearance sales in a checkout (I forget what the retail term for it is but basically a collective purchase), all you had were CAGS and others buying all the clearance games.

Target makes their video game clearance work because they have a very healthy mix of people who go in to buy their regular and sale prices stuff. Kmart never had that. Think about what the clearance game hunting was like back in the day. There was never anyone in electronics and the clearance games were plentiful unless another CAG got there first.

So despite inventory reduction, there was no other benefit. Something had to change.

An MSRP drop can be negotiated with publishers for other concessions. The way inventory was clearanced out does not. And again, no other benefit because the CAGS hunting the deals didn't buy anything else. (I don't want to hear "That's not true, I used to buy socks along with my clearance games." Great. Socks.) So basically you lose money on every sale.

What Josh tried to shift to was a model where people came into gaming to buy the new releases. It wasn't much in terms of margin (we know video games are paper thin) but at least it wasn't a major loss. It's better to sell 100 game at $2 profit than it is to sell 500 games at $40 loss. Obviously.

I suspect the change had less to do with thinking they could really sell the 10 stagnant copies of Viewtiful Joe at $25 than it did with curbing people of the clearance cycle mentality. A process that could not have sustained itself. The "SHC killed clearance" people are locusts. A good business needs honeybees.

The long term plan was to order good titles, give launch week deals funded by publishers, and have a steady customer base of people who knew they could count on kmart for their new gaming needs at a lower effective cost. This is beneficial for both kmart and the consumer.

Should kmart have identified all the crap like Viewtiful Joe and Madden 1996 and had a firesale to reduce crappy inventory? Maybe. But that was a major clearance expense that didn't have the cash flow numbers to justify it and probably was not approved by the higher ups because an expense like that doesn't look good on a powerpoint deck.

Is that ass backward? Yep. But that's corporate america and those are the rules Josh had to play by. But the locusts don't see that. They just see "all man, all my clearance is gone! F those guys."

Again, the above is my own speculation and not anything Josh has outright said.
[/QUOTE]

Very very well said (typed). Some consumers forget, do not understand, or do not care about a business model.

As a CAG I love clearance but I would rather see competitive pricing for the consumer, and the store turning a profit (including the developers). Somebody mentioned they don't care about a store turning a profit, but they should for all of the obvious reasons. If a store doesn't turn a profit it does not stay in business, people lose jobs, and the consumer is forced to puchase products at other retailers whom now have less competition so less of a need to stay competitive in their pricing. What is even more concerning is people losing jobs. I am more than happy to pay a little more for something if it keeps some people employed. Sweet economics.

That being said, I love K-Mart because of Josh and friends. They made K-Mart relevant to the gamer again, and as Coonfsious said not just for the locusts. I used to buy all my new releases from TRU and Amazon and the last few years ALL of my new releases have been purchased via K-Mart.

Thank you SHC and Happy New Year.

Well thats kinda lame, I had given my email more than once to in-store register and the shop your way site. Seems thats way I never got the bonus points, I'm still base member! It's still buggy too, because I never get email to confirm my email as valid or anything either. I just did it again for the fun of it, I think I'll just deal with missing out.

[quote name='Ardrid']He's a tool. Just look at his posting history. Not much else too it quite frankly.[/QUOTE]

I take it as a compliment when people like you dislike me.

You still think that preorder bonuses are for preordering and not buying? :drool:

[quote name='MfMonster'] If a store doesn't turn a profit it does not stay in business, people lose jobs, and the consumer is forced to puchase products at other retailers whom now have less competition so less of a need to stay competitive in their pricing. What is even more concerning is people losing jobs. I am more than happy to pay a little more for something if it keeps some people employed.[/QUOTE]

People though that would happen with Best Buy....turns out they had the best holiday deals this year.

As far as people having jobs...if a company can let them go, they probably didn't need them in the first place.

Kmart will go under soon anyway (because they've been relying on layaway making up for the lack of good house brand/modernized stores and now Walmart and other retailers are catching on) and I'll get all my sweet sweet clearance in the form of liquidation.

[quote name='spedmunki']People though that would happen with Best Buy....turns out they had the best holiday deals this year.

As far as people having jobs...if a company can let them go, they probably didn't need them in the first place.

Kmart will go under soon anyway (because they've been relying on layaway making up for the lack of good house brand/modernized stores and now Walmart and other retailers are catching on) and I'll get all my sweet sweet clearance in the form of liquidation.[/QUOTE]
Troll on my friend....troll on

[quote name='spedmunki']People though that would happen with Best Buy....turns out they had the best holiday deals this year.

Kmart will go under soon anyway (because they've been relying on layaway making up for the lack of good house brand/modernized stores and now Walmart and other retailers are catching on) and I'll get all my sweet sweet clearance in the form of liquidation.[/QUOTE]

Wait, did you say people thought Best Buy would close because they are not making profits?! What people, and how are they not making a profit in the US at least.

If I recall correctly Best Buy overseas, Europe, failed to make a profit, and subsequently closed all of the Best Buy stores overseas.

Also if you are familiar with liquidation due to closures you should know that typically the deals are not that great. Look at Circuit City. A company came in to liquidate and the first thing they did was up the prices back to regular price and then slap a liquidation sticker on it so it would appear like a steal.

edit:
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...Mark Twain

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Wait, did you say people thought Best Buy would close because they are not making profits?! [/QUOTE]

People thought Best Buy would not have any good deals when Circuit City went under

[quote name='spedmunki']Kmart will go under soon anyway (because they've been relying on layaway making up for the lack of good house brand/modernized stores and now Walmart and other retailers are catching on) and I'll get all my sweet sweet clearance in the form of liquidation.[/QUOTE]
Enjoy those sweet one-time, 10% off MSRP liquidation prices man.

[quote name='spedmunki']People thought Best Buy would not have any good deals when Circuit City went under[/QUOTE]
That's just poor logic. A lack of competition will almost always negatively affect consumers. You don't need to be particularly history-savvy to see this played out over and over again. However, that's not the only factor at play. The economy's been kind of terrible, if you've noticed. Stores are struggling to get people to spend money on luxury items, and luxury items are one of Best Buy's biggest staples. Doorbusters and deals drive people into the store when they otherwise wouldn't.

If the economy was stronger (lower unemployment, larger disposable income per family) you'd more likely see a dearth of deals from Best Buy, since they wouldn't be as worried about people spending their money.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Enjoy those sweet one-time, 10% off MSRP liquidation prices man.

That's just poor logic. A lack of competition will almost always negatively affect consumers. You don't need to be particularly history-savvy to see this played out over and over again. However, that's not the only factor at play. The economy's been kind of terrible, if you've noticed. Stores are struggling to get people to spend money on luxury items, and luxury items are one of Best Buy's biggest staples. Doorbusters and deals drive people into the store when they otherwise wouldn't.

If the economy was stronger (lower unemployment, larger disposable income per family) you'd more likely see a dearth of deals from Best Buy, since they wouldn't be as worried about people spending their money.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother responding logically to a troll. He cannot understand it.

He's gonna have a lot of fun when the liquidation company drops all the games to 20% off MSRP after 3 weeks! Liquidation sales are for suckers. They draw in all the unsavvy shoppers who just see 50% off and don't realize they jacked all the prices up.

Wasn't there a report recently that said BBY made less money than Dollar General? Just because they have good deals and sold tons of stuff, doesn't mean they're doing well.

[quote name='confoosious']Don't bother responding logically to a troll. He cannot understand it.

He's gonna have a lot of fun when the liquidation company drops all the games to 20% off MSRP after 3 weeks! Liquidation sales are for suckers. They draw in all the unsavvy shoppers who just see 50% off and don't realize they jacked all the prices up.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the truth -- saw it at both Circuit City and Hollywood Video now.

Everything goes up to MSRP and they lop 10% off to begin with and people go apeshit thinking its a good deal -- by the time it gets to even 40% off (which you could have gotten at K-Mart anyways by using the coupons) all the good shit is long gone.

I'm laughing so hard at this guy thinking he's going to swoop into K-Mart after a liquidation and come out with games like Skyrim and Arkham City for those "good ol pre Josh clearance prices." Its obvious he has zero idea how liquidation works.

I was going to respond to him seriously but its not worth the effort -- if we all just ignore him he'll go away.

I don't typically make posts on CAG though I've been a member for years. But I wanted to comment and say thanks to SHC-Gamer and StockBoy for doing something that no else could which was to get me to shop at K-Mart. The phenomenal game deals that you guys put out were second to none and something that I wish more companies would use as a solid example. I went from shopping at places like Best Buy and Target to pretty much exclusively buying release day titles from K-Mart stores (so long as they sold them, of course). Beyond that, I'd even buy other stuff while I was there since I could combine trips for things like snacks, underclothing, and kitchen utensils.

I have no idea what you guys are going to be doing next but I certainly look forward to hearing about it. Suffice it to say, I buy a lot of games thorough the year and wherever you go, my wallet will most certainly follow. Be well, guys.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'll be making a decision very soon, hopefully everyone will still be cool with me posting just as a gamer looking for deals and not making them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Josh and his team for all the great memories. I hate to say this, but by the time they leave, it mostly likely is the end of my shopping relationship with Kmart. Their works was the only reason I stepped into Kmart first time in 10 years. Really appreciate for everything you guys brought to us, best wishes in 2012!!!

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Feb. 7- Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only)

Feb. 14- Twisted Metal, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend

March 6- Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken

March 13- Tales of Graces f (PS3 only)
Josh,

Dunno if you're taking a poll but I'd bite on good deals for any of these. The news about Kmart and Sears struggling is depressing as they've been a retail fixture in my life for as long as I can remember so I'm down to help with the proper motivation ;)

Seriously though, good luck dude, you've helped CAGs out to a great degree.

EDIT - Damn, missed a bunch of Josh's earlier stuff. *sigh* I got most of this year's bigger releases that I wanted through Kmart and saved a good deal of money while doing so.

The fantastic service provided by Josh was inversely proportional to the service I received from my local K-Mart. I won't miss K-Mart in the slightest, but I'd hate to see Sears go under. I still shop there for some appliances, lawn mowers, and the like. In my mind, and maybe it's just me, I don't associate the name "Sears" with absolute failure like I do that of "K-Mart."

[quote name='spedmunki']People thought Best Buy would not have any good deals when Circuit City went under[/QUOTE]

Best Buy deals had been pretty non existent until the holidays when they realized they now had increased competition with K-Mart and Amazon was killing them. But I guess only remembering the last month and attributing it to the last three years is another way to do things.

Poor Kmart, lol. You guys aren't surprised are ya? If they dont care how their stores look, etc. , no one else will. Coupons aren't gonna save ya.... Now what are ya guys gonna do w/o your coups??? Oh ya, be patient and wait for games to drop like all of the rest of the CAGs who dont bother with this thread. I can understand these little brats who just cant wait and justify spending $60 on say, Hunted Demon forge cuz they got a coupon, LMAO. I dont have that problem, im a adult. :)

[quote name='lude21']Poor Kmart, lol. You guys aren't surprised are ya? If they dont care how their stores look, etc. , no one else will. Coupons aren't gonna save ya.... Now what are ya guys gonna do w/o your coups??? Oh ya, be patient and wait for games to drop like all of the rest of the CAGs who dont bother with this thread. I can understand these little brats who just cant wait and justify spending $60 on say, Hunted Demon forge cuz they got a coupon, LMAO. I dont have that problem, im a adult. :)[/QUOTE]

You don't bother with this thread yet you post in here like clockwork. Spedmunki and IATCG already beat you to the tired punch by several days. As far as being an adult, well, I'll take your word for it.

[quote name='lude21']Poor Kmart, lol. You guys aren't surprised are ya? If they dont care how their stores look, etc. , no one else will. Coupons aren't gonna save ya.... Now what are ya guys gonna do w/o your coups??? Oh ya, be patient and wait for games to drop like all of the rest of the CAGs who dont bother with this thread. I can understand these little brats who just cant wait and justify spending $60 on say, Hunted Demon forge cuz they got a coupon, LMAO. I dont have that problem, im a adult. :)[/QUOTE]

are you sure? Your words betray you.

Gotta love how bad news brings out the trolls.

There's a lot of hostility in this thread.

Seriously, so many people take so much joy in other people's misery it's ridiculous.

Ex. The uninformed employees lost their job. Good! How the hell is that good for anyone? Less people paying income taxes means more people living on those people who are working. This is not good for anyone. Further why would this make anyone happy? Do people really have such shitty lives that someone else losing a job is the highlight of their day? That's sad.

Ex. 2. People were stupid for buying games with a coupon instead of waiting for them to drop in price. Why is it stupid? Perhaps these people would rather part with their $20 extra in MSRP to play the game now. They are perfectly happy to do that and actually get some joy from the anticipation of using their next coupon on a different game. Also (and once again) why does this matter to you? The people who bought the game aren't the least bit concerned by your opinion, so perhaps you should worry more about making yourself happy and less about trying to bring everyone else down.

I apologize for this mini-rant but the lack of life-experience and/or perspective by people in this thread is disappointing. Having said that, I applaud those people who had the class to immediately thank Josh for his efforts.

You know, I've learned a valuable lesson today. Games should only be bought at the universally lowest price, not at a price point at which I'm comfortable paying, or a time that I want it. And I must make my personal worth hinge on how other people spend their money.

I get the feeling this has all come about after quite the management shakeup at Sears Holding. What should happen is a dismissal/shake-up of the C-level staff. If you let your business get to the point where it has to let go of its namesake tower (in some degree at least), you're probably not running your corporation every well.

[quote name='metrostar']Thanks Josh and his team for all the great memories. I hate to say this, but by the time they leave, it mostly likely is the end of my shopping relationship with Kmart. Their works was the only reason I stepped into Kmart first time in 10 years. Really appreciate for everything you guys brought to us, best wishes in 2012!!![/QUOTE]
+1

I drove about 1 hr round trip to K-mart because of Josh's deals and his interaction here.

Some ppl like to play new releases when they first come out and not 6 months after release. Why do you care what people do with money. We are all here to save money on purchases not to put companies and people that shop there down.

From the looks of it you are the one with a problem and don't come across as a adult. More like a 12 year old.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'll be making a decision very soon, hopefully everyone will still be cool with me posting just as a gamer looking for deals and not making them.[/QUOTE]

All the best to you stockboy and the crew and if you continue in this field count me in. I bought 90% of my games from kmart since you guys been rolling. Definately some great times thanks for the memories.

It's always sad to see a retailer go under because of poor management decisions. K-Mart and its parent company, Sears, made very bad decisions and the unfortunate reality is that turning a company like this around nowadays is extremely difficult. While every store that bites the dust does mean less competition, the retailer industry is filled with players; in our economy, a company's failure is more often than not due to an inability to adapt and make better business decisions. There are plenty of reasons why K-Mart and Sears are fading fast, and the bleeding isn't going to stop now.

Interestingly, Best Buy is on a similar track. Forbes has a great article on the future (or impending death) of Best Buy. I agree with the author on every level. Sure, BBY had some deals this year, but it was likely tied to trying to save the company's bottomline from the fiasco in the UK and to shore up some goodwill for 2012. Too little, too late, IMHO.

You can check out the article here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrydo...buy-is-going-out-of-business-gradually/print/

I'll also add my thanks to Josh for all the awesome release week coupons! I almost never buy anything release day unless there's a deal on it. These K-Mart deals gave life to my 3DS, Wii, and DS, getting new games on release day.

I better use the final $15 coupon I got from Mario Kart 7 soon. Thanks again!

Gah, just caught up on the last three days of posts. That Josh is suggesting he won't be in his position much longer is very disheartening.

I'm almost too bummed out to suggest sending the recent trolls Mortal Kombat T-shirts as thanks for their contributions to the discussion. Almost.

IATCG just sent me this message on PSN, lol hilarious.-

"wow all the brown nosers in the Kmart thread on CAG. OMG thank you, Josh, can I fellate you or at least give you a reacharound. That prick possibly being gone is the best news I've heard recently."

Best of luck josh, whatever you do. You and your staff have been nothing but professional, and always made right any failings at the store level. There have been many great deals at kmart, where else can you get $20 off a future game purchase AT LAUNCH. Granted some games drop like rocks these days, but who cares. Dont let the haters get you down, I hope the best for you whatever you decide.

[quote name='lude21']IATCG just sent me this message on PSN, lol hilarious.-

"wow all the brown nosers in the Kmart thread on CAG. OMG thank you, Josh, can I fellate you or at least give you a reacharound. That prick possibly being gone is the best news I've heard recently."[/QUOTE]

WOW i dont really know what to say about posting a PM, but if he did say that...thats just...wow. Reveling in somebody's job loss just so you can possibly horde 2 year old mediocre $5 clearance games for piddly profiteering in the future...stay classy IATG :roll:

"wow all the brown nosers in the Kmart thread on CAG. OMG thank you, Josh, can I fellate you or at least give you a reacharound. That prick possibly being gone is the best news I've heard recently."[/QUOTE]

I take back what I wrote about taking your word for it that you're an adult. The Wyoming Valley brain trust is hurting these days.

No response from Mark or Josh yet about my gift card. I know things are rough in Kmart/Sears land, but I would at least like to know what's going on.

[quote name='Mike360']Some ppl like to play new releases when they first come out and not 6 months after release. Why do you care what people do with money. We are all here to save money on purchases not to put companies and people that shop there down.

From the looks of it you are the one with a problem and don't come across as a adult. More like a 12 year old.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Which other B&M outfit even came close to Kmart's launch week deals? That's right...nobody. Josh will be sorely missed if he does leave.

[quote name='salty tbone']I take back what I wrote about taking your word for it that you're an adult. The Wyoming Valley brain trust is hurting these days.[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised....I grew up there. It's a shithole.

Take a pic of it.

[quote name='lude21']I dont have that problem, im a adult. :)[/QUOTE]

Clearly.

I could point out how you're making a false equivalency between people who disagree with you and people who are irrational fans, or that your ability to write conflicts with the assertion of maturity you possess, or that you're pretty clearly violating the rules at this point regarding behavior towards other people on the forum.

Instead, since any of the above will have absolutely no effect on your ability to act like an emotionally well-adjusted adult, I'm going to just point out your use of insults based in (implied) gay sexual acts while simultaneously reveling in the potential job loss of another person.

Yep, definitely what "a adult" would write.

Back to this thread. Is Kmart going to have any deals moving forward? This thread has become some what of a joke and the topic of Kmart's future has distracted everyone from focusing on Kmart currently. If Kmart isn't going to have gaming deals moving forward I'd like to know NOW. I respect Josh and truly do admire what he has done but I feel like he owes it to use to let us know what is going to be going on in January if anything.

I had to burn my coupons that ended on 12/31 on PSN cards. I have a few more that end on 1/14 as well as some Kmart Gift Cards and SYWR points. If Kmart doesn't have anything planned in the next two weeks I'd appreciate it if that could be shared so I can figure out what I want to do with my coupons and gift cards/points.

Edit: And before anyone jumps on me for using the "Kmart/Josh owes" us line, normally I'd agree however if Kmart decides to bail on the gaming coupon program and weekly deals (I'm sure that wouldn't be SHC-Gamer's decision) I feel like we should be informed.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']
At least IATCG is finally honest about his feelings and intentions instead of couching it in bullshit and pretending otherwise. Maybe he'll finally stop begging for that trade-in program now.[/QUOTE]
Let me be perfectly frank here for a moment. Yes. I didn't like when SHC-Gamer first joined CAG and stopped the clearance cycle that I had become accustomed to getting cheap games from(both to play and resell/trade in).

Would I wish them ill and that they lose their job in the hopes that things would go back to how they used to be? Maybe in the beginning, but now I would not wish for someone to lose their job in this crappy economy.

I have always tried to be honest about how I feel, but over the last year I've had to sugarcoat things and self edit my posts because I was told I was on the verge of being banned for 'being a douche' to other members.

Yet I still see folks like Confoosious(and others) doing the exact same things as I was(but maybe with a lil less colorful vocabulary thrown in;)) with no noticeable repercussions to their status here on CAG. It kinda makes you feel as if there's more than a lil favoritism on here.

But all that aside, I do still wish that Kmart(and Sears) could find a way to stay afloat. However, with the course they're on now I don't see that happening at all.

As for begging for the game trade program to get started, the reason I was hoping it would've come out of beta was to be able to trade in games to get credit to use at Kmart/Sears. Then I would've likely supported the gaming deals that SHC and crew were implementing. But paying $50-60 in real money for games after waiting for clearance cycles to get games cheap and/or using tons of cheaply made Gamestop/Best Buy credit to get the games you wanted didn't make good financial sense to me.

Moreover, the limitation on the coupons(only towards other games/gaming products as opposed to a general $$ off coupon)themselves made them less and less attractive to me as well. Not everybody wants to have to keep buying games month after month, but with these coupons if you didn't use them you lost them.

Two quick things: one, logic dictates that given the financial situation they were in, the gravy train of insane Sears clearance was going to end sooner rather than later, no matter who was put in charge of the gaming department. Josh was the person who ended it, presumably, but I find it more than probable that any other business-minded person would do the same if they wanted to stem the red ink. It just makes sense given the way things are going for Sears. All things being equal, if it wasn't Josh, it probably would've been someone else. That's my pragmatic view of it.

Two, while I appreciate your tonally neutral reply, you did avoid addressing whether or not you actually sent that message. If you did, that kinda invalidates everything you've said about not wishing him ill (or not understanding why you might get attention from On High for what you say.)

[quote name='GBAstar']Back to this thread. Is Kmart going to have any deals moving forward? This thread has become some what of a joke and the topic of Kmart's future has distracted everyone from focusing on Kmart currently. If Kmart isn't going to have gaming deals moving forward I'd like to know NOW. I respect Josh and truly do admire what he has done but I feel like he owes it to use to let us know what is going to be going on in January if anything.

I had to burn my coupons that ended on 12/31 on PSN cards. I have a few more that end on 1/14 as well as some Kmart Gift Cards and SYWR points. If Kmart doesn't have anything planned in the next two weeks I'd appreciate it if that could be shared so I can figure out what I want to do with my coupons and gift cards/points.

Edit: And before anyone jumps on me for using the "Kmart/Josh owes" us line, normally I'd agree however if Kmart decides to bail on the gaming coupon program and weekly deals (I'm sure that wouldn't be SHC-Gamer's decision) I feel like we should be informed.[/QUOTE]

I want to know this as well. Josh, we really need some more information here. I am sitting on a 20$ gift card and all but one store has closed in my city.

I need to know if I should blow it on SWTOR or if I should wait until March for ME3 if there is a deal.

I am officially closing this thread and will not be creating a KmartGamer 8.0 at least for now.

I'll be taking another week off next week to gather some much needed perspective. I look forward to posting on CAG just as a regular gamer and actually get back to enjoying being a gamer.

Nothing has brought me more satisfaction and happiness professionally these past two years than being on CAG and getting to know you all. This is a truly wonderful community and any of the success we have gathered was in large part because of you all.

KmartGamer and this thread truly was meant to be something very original and fresh as it was completely unfettered by any corporate control and brought in many ways consumers and a retailer together in an interestsing way. I know many of you will always be suspcicious of my intentions but all I can say is that I am a better person today than when I first joined CAG and worked as hard as I could on your behalf.

Hopefully one day the KG thread will come back, whether I am here for it or not. Thank you so much for the wonderful support and kindness you all have given to me, it motivated me more so than you will ever realize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back