KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dark Souls Limited Editions are being shipped in with Catherine and Disgaea 4.

Can't wait for RAGE next week and then Forza the week after.
This is going to be a really expensive fall season...

[quote name='FINALBOSS']So what's the word on K-Mart and Dark Souls? [/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if it's going to be one or two per store like X-Men Destiny. Already getting Rage on PC from Amazon but I wanted to get Dark Souls from K-Mart to keep the train running.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Thanks Josh. I'll just give up on it. Appreciate you taking the time to check it out though.[/QUOTE]
No prob, please remember though that I'll always make sure you are taken care of if something goes wrong though (usually for the better).

[quote name='bozemanriverrat']E-mailed Josh. My store told me they wouldn't receive Ico/SotC for another 2 weeks at the earliest.[/QUOTE]

It's been well over a year. How is this still an issue? Why do K-Mart employees hate their job so much?

Well I think I will finally buy a move tomorrow. Debated it all week but well the sports bundle and navigation for $65 will be my buy it price because I have a move compatible game coming.

[quote name='Scorch']It's been well over a year. How is this still an issue? Why do K-Mart employees hate their job so much?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, in my experience (shopping and working there) K-Mart hires whoever comes in -- they don't really look at qualifications. When I worked at K-Mart, the store I worked at hired someone who was *convicted of stealing from their last retail job.*

The hiring manager didn't care -- there was a spot open, this guy was available to work it so they hired him.

A few months later, he was caught stealing from the store.

That, and the turnaround time at K-Mart is insane -- and their training is non-existant. You get taught how to use a register (and how to push SYWR) and that's about it. My own store made me Electronics Manager and never once gave me any sort of training. I had to figure out a lot of stuff as I went along because this store "didn't have the manpower or time alloted to train someone, but you'll figure it out."

Then they laid me off and made a 75 year old lady head of the electronics department. That went about as well as you can imagine.

[quote name='Killbomb']I'm wondering if it's going to be one or two per store like X-Men Destiny.[/QUOTE]

I rented this from Redbox -- this game is pretty poor. Whoever made the decision to get one or two copies per store of X-Men Destiny should be rewarded in this case, because this game is going to rot on the shelves for a long time.

They probably went with limited copies on Dark Souls because the majority of people that wanted it probably preordered it for the CE elsewhere. I'm grabbing mine from Amazon simply because I don't want to take a chance K-Mart is sold out due to low stock.

Sucks to see that Tetris Axis isn't getting any kind of coupon offer. Would've been a guaranteed buy for me with even a $10 coupon attached. As it stands, I'll wait for a price drop considering I already own Tetris DS and all the early word is that Axis is a pretty big step backwards in general compared to Tetris DS.

Can't wait to grab RAGE, though I might have to grab something else with that whole "Spend $45 and get 5000 points" thing. I have two coupons to use on RAGE so it'll drop the price well below the $45 threshold for the bonus points since the fine print says the price is factored in AFTER discounts are applied. Even if I only used a $15 coupon, it would put it to $44.99. I'm one of those people who can grasp math and realize that $44.99 is not equal to $45 and realize it wouldn't meet the requirement unlike the people who STILL can't grasp that a $19.99 MS Point card isn't enough to use a $20 coupon on.
Math is so hard.

Just got back from Kmart with Fifa 12 for the PS3. Used my $15 coupon from Starfox 3ds, and the $20 coupon printed out no problem. As an added bonus, the cashier pulled his wallet out during the transaction, slapped a $5 off an EA game coupon on the counter and gave it to me. :) Paying $40 for Fifa + $20 coupon is a huge win for me.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Figured as much. I'll stick with my Amazon order. I'll pick up Rage at K-Mart instead. GOTTA have my CE for Dark Souls.[/QUOTE]
I feel the same about Assassin's Creed Revelations. I can't pass up all the extras in the CE from Gamestop. It's rather annoying that Ubisoft wouldn't just pull an EA and make that all part of the first print run. Ah well.

wow, can't be serious!!! home come NYC stores are not on participating store list for Earn 5000 points for every $45 promo???

I wanted to take advantage of the Ico/Shadow Collection deal but couldn't find it at either Kmart, I think one was sold out but the other one who knows. The employee called the other store and the electronics dept person said he never heard of it and there was no such thing. So we mentioned it was in the ad and still nothing. Had to settle for buying from NewEgg. Bought Super Paper Mario from Kmart though.

[quote name='DPsycho']Got an email about a SYWR promotion running Sun Oct 2 - Sat Oct 8 at participating locations and online. Earn 5000 points ($5) for every $45 spent up to 15000 points (so three times). Participating store list here.

Adding this to the OP[/QUOTE]

so that basically makes my 2k12 purchase come with a $25 coupon. kmart wins my future fall game purchases. good job kmart guys and keep the good deals coming :applause:

[quote name='metrostar']wow, can't be serious!!! home come NYC stores are not on participating store list for Earn 5000 points for every $45 promo???[/QUOTE]

My store in PA never participates in any of these things either, what's the distinction or decision making to as which stores do or do not participate?

[quote name='DPsycho']Got an email about a SYWR promotion running Sun Oct 2 - Sat Oct 8 at participating locations and online. Earn 5000 points ($5) for every $45 spent up to 15000 points (so three times). Participating store list here.

Thanks for the update. Both my local Kmarts are running this deal so I'll be using my Fifa coupon on something next week for sure.

[quote name='metrostar']wow, can't be serious!!! home come NYC stores are not on participating store list for Earn 5000 points for every $45 promo???[/QUOTE]

Why don't you go to 1 of the stores in the Bronx or the 1 in Queens. It's not that far from the city especially if you take the subway?

[quote name='animalspinners']They probably went with limited copies on Dark Souls because the majority of people that wanted it probably preordered it for the CE elsewhere. I'm grabbing mine from Amazon simply because I don't want to take a chance K-Mart is sold out due to low stock.[/QUOTE]

I guess I am one of the few who couldn't care less about CEs. I have bought maybe 2 in my life (Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 that I can remember) and would rather save the cash than have junk that's just going to end up as clutter in my room.

Anyway, hopefully Josh or Stock Boy can give us a clear idea of how many copies of Dark Souls to expect per store.

Oh man, I went to K-Mart to get the $15 coupon with ICO/SotC Collection, but didn't realize you had to be a rewards member to get it, so I went ahead and bought it anyway, but now I come back here and read that it's free to sign up. Crap, I suck hard at cheapass gaming. :whistle2:(

Okay, sent wife with both cards(SYWR and Sears Credit Card) to purchase Ico/Shadow and told her make sure the coupon prints. So...she gets there and the guy in electronics said he had to purchase the game from Gamestop because they never even got shipment on the game. Was so sad so I am going to call the one in Greeneville to see if they even got anything in. I have to go there tomorrow to visit dying papaw. I was really looking forward to taking advantage of this deal. Both kmarts(Locally and greeneville) are pretty scary and the only reason I love them for are the videogames...if this keeps up though I may resort other places. Gosh Josh...can't Kmart as company get it together? And no, I do not blame you personally. I am sure you have seen first hand kmarts downfalls.

[quote name='JDTAY']Oh man, I went to K-Mart to get the $15 coupon with ICO/SotC Collection, but didn't realize you had to be a rewards member to get it, so I went ahead and bought it anyway, but now I come back here and read that it's free to sign up. Crap, I suck hard at cheapass gaming. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Just go to customer service with your game and recipt sign up and redo it. Once you figure it out you will be rolling.

Well, just like with the GoW: Origins deal (which, btw, my Kmarts STILL haven't received yet), looks like I am gonna get screwed over on the Ico/Shadow game as well. All 4 Kmarts still haven't gotten this game in and I have checked them everyday since Tuesday. One of the Kmart's electronics people said that he THINKS they got in 2 copies and that they were already sold out (though I THINK he only said that because he didnt want to go check for me).

Seriously? Why bother offering a coupon for a game on it's release week if you aren't going make sure a decent amount of them are actually in stock, or at least offering some kind of raincheck system so that people can still get the coupon when the game actually does come in?

I guess K-mart is just not interested in my money.

anyone know if sywr promotions r before or after tax? only things i really buy at kmart are games =/ and i can swing 45 if i do a 15 coupon lol. and rage and spiderman r probably the only games i'd pick up

edit: and the disappointment that the move bundle sale does not extend to at least the 2nd :( lol

The Manhattan stores are rarely listed, but they are (usually) always a participant. I doubt next week will be any different.

ack. i use this list as my 'coming out soon list'... just realized it doesn't look like kmart's carrying (let alone having a deal on) Child of Eden PS3. darn.

[quote name='boogie4114']Why don't you go to 1 of the stores in the Bronx or the 1 in Queens. It's not that far from the city especially if you take the subway?[/QUOTE]

It will takes me at least 30 minutes to get either Manhattan store, so $5 off is not really worth to spend 2 hours on train to Bronx or Queens...

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']The Manhattan stores are rarely listed, but they are (usually) always a participant. I doubt next week will be any different.[/QUOTE]

I believe they were on list most of time, they were even on list for $5 off $50 purchase promo in the Labor Day week.

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']The Manhattan stores are rarely listed, but they are (usually) always a participant. I doubt next week will be any different.[/QUOTE]

I believe they were on list most of time, they were even on list for $5 off $50 purchase promo in the Labor Day week.

[quote name='n10zguy']Well, just like with the GoW: Origins deal (which, btw, my Kmarts STILL haven't received yet), looks like I am gonna get screwed over on the Ico/Shadow game as well. All 4 Kmarts still haven't gotten this game in and I have checked them everyday since Tuesday. One of the Kmart's electronics people said that he THINKS they got in 2 copies and that they were already sold out (though I THINK he only said that because he didnt want to go check for me).

Seriously? Why bother offering a coupon for a game on it's release week if you aren't going make sure a decent amount of them are actually in stock, or at least offering some kind of raincheck system so that people can still get the coupon when the game actually does come in?

I guess K-mart is just not interested in my money.[/QUOTE]

He bothers having release week coupons because they DO have it in stock at all stores.

Unfortunately there are Kmarts that have lazy/worthless/ignorant employees. At stores like yours there is about a 99% chance the games are just sitting in a box that the workers have yet to touch. Contact stockboy/josh with your store # or location whenever this happens. They typically teabag the employees at those stores who seem to right after find that they did indeed have them. Unfortunately there are also stores that el hoardo hits, buying up entire stocks, despite the fact that coupons are locked at 2 per title.

In the end though, Kmart has the best deals, but some of the worse local employees. Having communication about issues with shc-gamer usually yields improvements to stores that have these frequent issues.

[quote name='affa']ack. i use this list as my 'coming out soon list'... just realized it doesn't look like kmart's carrying (let alone having a deal on) Child of Eden PS3. darn.[/QUOTE]

It was a mega-bomba on 360 for the much more popular 360/kinect. Best Buy had it for $10 within like, 3 weeks of launch.

What chance does a PS3/Move port have? I don't blame them for not stocking it.

[quote name='jer7583']It was a mega-bomba on 360 for the much more popular 360/kinect. Best Buy had it for $10 within like, 3 weeks of launch.

What chance does a PS3/Move port have? I don't blame them for not stocking it.[/QUOTE]

agreed completely. I'm a big fan of the game, but the sad fact is it didn't sell so there is no reason to waste inventory space and sacrifice part of the budget for something that gives no return.

Oh dear god help me. I just did an in-store pickup on the sports champions bundle with paying with paypal like 2-3 minutes ago (I figured I might as well do it now since I don't want to risk it not being at the store).

Now I just pray the gods are with me today and the wonderful people at k-mart are competent enough to a) get my order without any problems and b) make this painless because I have to get home for the mailman since I got packages coming. :pray:

That's a great deal to go along with the $20 coupons for Dark Souls and Rage. Canceled my Newegg Rage preorder for this.

I just wanted to take a minute and thank Josh and KmartGamer one more time. I've had a lot of fun over the last 16 months or so going to Kmart each week. I know that Kmart and "Fun" might not compute for a lot of you but I guess I'm lucky that the two or three closest Kmarts have their act together and minus a few minor inconveniences have done really well stocking games on release day and have kept up on all the promotions or at least they have let the registers do the work.

I worry that Josh will eventually run out of patience or burnout though... I just hope that SHC appreciates all the hard work he puts in.

I don't always agree with the selling strategies but without a doubt Kmart has been the #1 retailer for new release games and should be credited for making some of the other retail chains step up with their own promotions.

If you aren't fortunate enough to have a Kmart that is on the ball I really suggest being proactive about it instead of bitching and complaining in this thread. Believe it or not Josh is just one man and I truly believe we'd see a lot more progress if the CAG'ers that are having problems spoke with their local Kmart management team directly and "kindly" explained that you're welling to spend money each week IF they have the games out on time.

Unless a store can prove to you that they did not get a shipment (which would mean that Josh and stockboy are lying) their is no excuse for them NOT to have games out on time; please remind them of this.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Sucks to see that Tetris Axis isn't getting any kind of coupon offer. Would've been a guaranteed buy for me with even a $10 coupon attached. As it stands, I'll wait for a price drop considering I already own Tetris DS and all the early word is that Axis is a pretty big step backwards in general compared to Tetris DS.

Can't wait to grab RAGE, though I might have to grab something else with that whole "Spend $45 and get 5000 points" thing. I have two coupons to use on RAGE so it'll drop the price well below the $45 threshold for the bonus points since the fine print says the price is factored in AFTER discounts are applied. Even if I only used a $15 coupon, it would put it to $44.99. I'm one of those people who can grasp math and realize that $44.99 is not equal to $45 and realize it wouldn't meet the requirement unlike the people who STILL can't grasp that a $19.99 MS Point card isn't enough to use a $20 coupon on.
Math is so hard.[/QUOTE]

Target has a $10 gift card for Tetris. For a $30 game, that's damn hard to pass up

Question about the 5000 points promotion next week...

How does it count the $45? Is it the cost of the item, or is it the actual cash you pay? I'll be picking up Dark Souls (costs $59.99), but I'll be using my $15 Ico/SotC coupon... so after the discount, my final cost will be $44.99 before tax. Will I still get the 5000 points, or is that damn penny going to screw me again?

[quote name='yahoosale14']will kmart have the modern warfare 3 controller? any deal on that? maybe in combination with the game?[/QUOTE]

We'll carry it, no deal and extremely limited. It will be like the Gears of War 3 controller and probably only about 1 per store.

I would like to thank Josh for the PS Move deal. Got a Sport's Champions + Navigation today.

Now I went to go to layaway to pick up my fucking bundle since I choose in store pickup, and of course I had to wait 5 minutes because there were two workers confused talking to the person in front of me in spanish (instead of one trying to help me) trying to help her. After 5 minutes around I finally get to talk to them and got my order. I mean seriously, if it was not for these deals I would not bother because all of k-marts workers are fucking horrible where I live.

[quote name='metrostar']It will takes me at least 30 minutes to get either Manhattan store, so $5 off is not really worth to spend 2 hours on train to Bronx or Queens...

Do you come from out of state or something because the Bronx is only 30min from the city and the Queens store about 45min.

[quote name='boogie4114'][quote name='metrostar']It will takes me at least 30 minutes to get either Manhattan store, so $5 off is not really worth to spend 2 hours on train to Bronx or Queens...

Do you come from out of state or something because the Bronx is only 30min from the city and the Queens store about 45min.[/QUOTE]

Takes me about 90 minutes to get to Penn Station on the LIRR from Long Island unless lightning strikes the switch in Jamaica again :roll: Didn't get home until 10PM last night.

[quote name='o_O']Target has a $10 gift card for Tetris. For a $30 game, that's damn hard to pass up[/QUOTE]
Saw that, but considering the nearest target is 45 minutes away, doesn't really work out for me. Oh well. I'll just keep rockin Tetris DS!

Also, just saw that I made somebody's signature. Thanks Yahoosale. That made my day!

[quote name='Dzey']it the move bundle on the kmart weekly ad? I can't see it there..[/QUOTE]

It's on page 8 of the weekly ad.
iU9Yr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back