KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please explain the SYWR promo? Is it 5000 pts for every $50 you spend in tiers up to 15,000 pts?

so if you spent $50 in one transaction you'd get 5000pts
if you spent $100 in one transaction you'd get 10000pts
if you spent $150 in one transaction you'd get 15000pts

or is it you can only earn 5000pts per transaction?

I'm confused and just want to make sure it was me (i'm pretty confident it was) and not Kmart

Wait if i go buy nba 2k12 i get 20 coupon + 5 more for spending 45+ dollars? If thats true then i have no reason not to buy nba 2k12 for 35 bucks in the end.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Wait if i go buy nba 2k12 i get 20 coupon + 5 more for spending 45+ dollars? If thats true then i have no reason not to buy nba 2k12 for 30 bucks in the end.[/QUOTE]

It depends on your location as only a portion of KMart stores are participating in the bonus points promotion. There's a list in the OP of participating store.

[quote name='GBAstar']Can someone please explain the SYWR promo? Is it 5000 pts for every $50 you spend in tiers up to 15,000 pts?

so if you spent $50 in one transaction you'd get 5000pts
if you spent $100 in one transaction you'd get 10000pts
if you spent $150 in one transaction you'd get 15000pts

or is it you can only earn 5000pts per transaction?

I'm confused and just want to make sure it was me (i'm pretty confident it was) and not Kmart[/QUOTE]

Multiples of $45 not $50 but the rest is correct

[quote name='spree4567']Multiples of $45 not $50 but the rest is correct[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I get the "idiot of the day award". Because I'm the "idiot of the day" I thought, incorrectly of course, that you had to spend $50, before Coupons (FAL #1) to earn 5,000pts. I then assumed you could only earn a maximum of 5,000pts per transaction (Fail #2) so I decided to spread my three game purchases out over three transactions (Fail #3).

I used coupons on each game and earned coupons for each game. The nightmare that would be getting a CSR to sort out that mess and return/rebuy without causing my head to explode isn't worth the 15,000pts....

....or is it?

No it's definitely not.

Thanks though guys for setting me straight. If not I would have most likely blamed Kmart when it was my own f'n fault.

[quote name='major morgan']It depends on your location as only a portion of KMart stores are participating in the bonus points promotion. There's a list in the OP of participating store.[/QUOTE]

Looks like my kmart is one of them that is doing it. Sweet.

Got a copy of Dark Souls using my $15 ICO/Shadow coupon and got my $20 coupon. Saw an old lady in front of me buy Rage and she got her coupon. So far no problems, least at one of the two stores I frequent.

I didn't see Spiderman or NBA 2K12, then again I wasn't really looking for either of those two. I was considering Rage, but it was either Rage or Dark Souls and I chose Dark Souls.

Didn't see any Sony headphones in the case. Figure someone must have bought the only pair there, least I'm under the impression that there was just one to begin with. Didn't even bother looking for God of War Origins.

Edit: Yeah all of the Rage copies I saw were Anarchy editions with the slipcover. There looked like about five more or less copies of Xbox 360 Rage (lady bought that version) and Dark Souls (PS3 version I got). I was kind of surprised to see so many copies.

I figured there would only be maybe two or three copies at most of these new releases, unless my store is doing pretty good and I'm unaware of it.

Didn't get the bonus, I thought my store was a participating one but maybe it's cause i used $35 in coupons.

[quote name='harish7447']Just to confirm, those who got it, Rage was Anarchy Edition, right?[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Also, I saw at least one pair of PS3 headphones in the glass counter of the electronics cashwrap area in Howell, NJ.

Picked up Rage Anarchy Edition and Dark Souls for 360. Signed up for the Shop Your Way Rewards thing. Did the games as separate transactions so I got a $20 coupon plus 5000 rewards points off of each. This is my first time shopping at Kmart ever? I think and it went smoothly. Usually go with amazon but the promos at kmart were better. Almost buy one get one on two new games is awesome.

I would like to pick up ICO/Shadow of the Colossus for PS3 with my gaming coupons but they have none in stock and the lady I spoke to said they only received a couple. It would be nice if they restocked them. I will check again on the 9th when I can actually use the coupons. Store number was 4851.

Just a heads-up to Josh and Crew. New Hope, MN had Rage for both XBox & PS3, as well as Dark Souls for 360 out on the shelves this morning. I was able to use my old coupon and the new coupon printed out just fine. Whatever you did at least seems to have worked for this week.

Got Spiderman (one of seemingly two 360 copies), coupon printed fine, and got my 10K bonus points (bought other non-game items too). Also got another 5K bonus points earlier in the week, so it definitely doesn't have to be in one transaction.

All the new releases were already on shelves by lunch time, which was a nice and rare treat.

Picked up 2k12, coupon printed and reward points posted as advertised. One of the better experiences i have had in a local Kmart in sometime. Games wernt in the glass prison but associate went to the back and grabbed a box full of the new releases even got the cover with Magic Johnson on the front. Was thinking about getting Rage but, think i will wait on a further drop since reviews wasn't as stellar as predicted. Thanks Josh!

Me thinks the stock of Jordan covers at kmart will be low by the 8th, with plenty of Bird and Magic covers still on the shelves.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='harish7447']Did you ring them up as separate transactions or 1??[/QUOTE]

I did it in a single transaction since I was also using a $20 coupon I had.

Man, I went Jason Bourne on my Kmart's ass. Err--just kidding.

Short story short, I picked up Rage along with my points and coupon. I was like, "I want this. Deduct $14.99 from my SYWR account. (checks watch) (drives away)"

Thank you, Josh and team.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Those of you picking up Rage, did it come with a sleeve?[/QUOTE]

Yes With sleeve. I am happy there was stock. Thank you Josh and Mark!:bouncy:

josh please extend the PS# headset deal or make another deal next week since none of the Kmarts in chicago land has one.

Can someone answer this question for me? If I buy 2 copies of rage and 2 copies of dark souls, will i get 4 gamers coupons? Or is the limit 2? Thanks

Had no problems in my store (#3696) with getting the $20 coupon and $5 bonus points for nba 2k12. jordan and magic covers only, but magic was what i wanted anyway. great deal and great work kmart guys!

[quote name='imirish11']Can someone answer this question for me? If I buy 2 copies of rage and 2 copies of dark souls, will i get 4 gamers coupons? Or is the limit 2? Thanks[/QUOTE]
It's 2 per offer so just do 2 transactions of a rage & dark souls each and 4 should print. Remember to use your sywr card.

tried to pick up pc edition of rage, kmart near me didnt have it in stock, just the console versions.
will your stores be stocked with PC edition of skyrim? i hope so

I hope the new Batman game includes a 20 buck gift card. I dropped Rage and picked up Dark Souls this week. I still need a second game to finish off my birthday cash.lol

[quote name='Pinnacle']I hope the new Batman game includes a 20 buck gift card. I dropped Rage and picked up Dark Souls this week. I still need a second game to finish off my birthday cash.lol[/QUOTE]
Expect a little extra on BAC :)

[quote name='sageridder']It's 2 per offer so just do 2 transactions of a rage & dark souls each and 4 should print. Remember to use your sywr card.[/QUOTE]
And definitely separate transactions if picking up the same game.

Got Dark Souls + $20 coupon and $5 in SYWR points no problem. Finally back on the train after quite a few months away.

I almost bought Rage also but the reviews are not thrilling so I'll wait for a $30 or so price on that.

And to the guy wondering about Batman, I'm sure the 2011 GOTY :p will have at least a $20 coupon.

[quote name='crow23']josh please extend the PS# headset deal or make another deal next week since none of the Kmarts in chicago land has one.[/QUOTE]
Shoot us a note via email ([email protected]) and we'll see what we can do.

[quote name='ivana89']hey josh,

any chance for deals on these upcoming wii titles?

back to the future
http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2011/08/telltale_bringing_back_to_the_future_wii_to_retail

fishing resort
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_...003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=018V004155024000P

centipede: infestation
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_018V003859658000P?prdNo=34

obviously, not expecting $15 off, but even $5 or $10 helps!
or are deals only available for higher MSRP ($39.99 & up) games?
thx for reading.[/QUOTE]
Probably not unfortunately.

[quote name='petedrags']Just a heads-up to Josh and Crew. New Hope, MN had Rage for both XBox & PS3, as well as Dark Souls for 360 out on the shelves this morning. I was able to use my old coupon and the new coupon printed out just fine. Whatever you did at least seems to have worked for this week.[/QUOTE]
Well, let's hope it continues. Fingers crossed.

[quote name='ubdu']Brick, NJ and Wall stores reported that they do not have Dark Souls or Rage over the phone.

Howell, NJ not only had both, but store associate Andrew recognized the names of the games when I asked for them on the phone and didn't even have to look to know they were in (They were both on the shelf when I got in). I also picked up a Euro Pro toaster oven. Got 18,000 bonus points and both $20 coupons printed fine. Very happy, Josh![/QUOTE]
Store experiences can vary so wildly I am never surprised anymore. Great to hear it worked out!

[quote name='Jason28']If you want any special editions of games, then Kmart is not the store for you.[/QUOTE]
To be honest, CE's are not a good business for us. I piss off more people than make happy with these guys from my own management to the consumer. Until a pre order system is in place I probably won't play in them too much going forward.

[quote name='brewin']Crysis 2 is $30 this week! Holy crap that game is a steal at that price. Amazing game in every sense of the word. Great job getting it that low Josh. Now about that price on Driver: SF!? Should we expect $30 or even $20 sooner rather than later? Also, hows the deal for Arkham City looking?[/QUOTE]
Driver is definitely coming up!

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']I'm scared to answer this...I don't want 300 emails for something that is going to sell out in the first 10 minutes of the store's opening and piss a lot of people off.

The simple answer is yes, we will carry a very limited stock of Hardened editions (like 1 for every 2 stores). That being said they will be gone after the first day. If you're dying to get a hardened edition and will be heart-broken if you don't get it, I'd recommend pre-ordering it from somewhere else.

Hope that kind of helps...and in general this is my recommendation for any collector's edition. The only collector's editions Kmart will carry for the rest of the year are Forza 4 and Call of Duty (okay, maybe Star Wars Old Republic PC too).[/QUOTE]
Just reposting this quote from Stock Boy. It contains useful information.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Really tempted by NHL 12 at that price...but will it go lower for Black Friday?[/QUOTE]
You'll probably see one or two retailer pop it lower than $39 but I'll probably struggle getting below that with some of the new parameters I'm dealing with.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Kinda bummed that Kmart is gonna pretty much stop carrying a lot of Special Editions since I pretty much only buy a Limited Edition if it's available. I'm a whore for trinkets and useless crap and big boxes. I can't explain it.
That said, I guess I'm stuck dealing with Amazon for Batman/Lord of the Rings/Saints Row/Metal Gear HD

Hey Stock Boy, ya think you'll have Mass Effect 3 Limited Edition in March? That's a fairly large title. Seems like those would move pretty easily if Kmart carried them.[/QUOTE]
Only if there is a pre order system by then, unfortunately outside of that we just suck at selling them and the whole "I'll send them to your store" band aid approach we have been using is starting to blow up in our face as well as either they don't get picked up or even worse they get picked up by a person that didn't make the request. Bad news bears all around.

[quote name='martinez91']Wow, it is extremely frustrating that we will not be receiving adequate amounts of the mw3 hardened edition. Every customer that comes in that buys a game system or anything gaming related I educate about our gaming program, and many times the conversation steers toward this game. Without a doubt this is going to be a huge seller, and most likely I can't even purchase one myself. This is borderline ridiculous. Not only does this make the game a harder sell (at Kmart) I now have to go elsewhere to fulfill my own gaming needs.

I already had to preorder the Zelda CE at gamestop, and now it looks like this will join it. I was hoping for improvement from last year at this time (huge shortage last year as well, my store received none), but honestly I can't see any. I thank you for what you do give us, but if you are looking to be a one stop shop for gaming we can't have these issues as we continue to draw people in that desire these products.

now that my rant is over I will say I am excited to see what the deal is for rocksmith, which I was hoping to be the start of my coupon train but looks like it will be the lone ranger this holiday.[/QUOTE]
Hey bud, we didn't decide the Call of Duty CE #'s. That came from Activision.

[quote name='Mad39er']Losing faith in Kmart, a decided lack of interest in this thread and answering the MW3 Hardened edition availability question have me doubting. They tease that they got their allocations but not so much as a peep about anything else.[/QUOTE]
We got our allocations but wanted to see if there was upside before posting results. Wasn't holding out intentionally.

As far as the activity, just like LY September, this period is the hardest month professionally for me for the year. We lock up holiday advertising, our 2012 plan and coordinate operation strategies. Throw in a week long conference and the fact I am still driving to Chicago and Detroit twice a week and I don't have a lot of time to myself.

That said, I'll definitely try to be on more.

I became softened when I heard there there wasn't going to be a Prestige Edition for Modern Warfare 3.

I'm like the Joker from Tim Burton's Batman. I gosta have my toys. Have you ever danced with God in the warm sunlight?

[quote name='ubdu']Brick, NJ and Wall stores reported that they do not have Dark Souls or Rage over the phone.

Howell, NJ not only had both, but store associate Andrew recognized the names of the games when I asked for them on the phone and didn't even have to look to know they were in (They were both on the shelf when I got in). I also picked up a Euro Pro toaster oven. Got 18,000 bonus points and both $20 coupons printed fine. Very happy, Josh![/QUOTE]

if u dont mind me asking, how'd u get that extra 3k pts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back