KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Tampa K-Mart has tons of the new releases... 5 copies per system for Dark Souls, tons of Rage and NBA 2K12.

The only thing they didn't have a lot of was Spider-Man, but honestly its probably better to Redbox it for $2 then buy it retail.

I have a question on the bonus points -- how does this work? Is it more than $45 on one transaction?

I bought three games today -- Dark Souls, NBA 2K12 and Rage. I got bonus points on the ones I spent $60 on (Which amounted to a $10 savings whenever my card gets here, so thats awesome), but I didn't get the bonus points on the one I spent $44.99 on after coupon. Did that one cent screw me out of a $5 bonus?

The wording of the promotion is weird -- I thought it was just a cumulative $45 across the whole week, but I guess not. Its weird, according to the history I got 450 points which means I did spend $45... but no bonus points.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We got our allocations but wanted to see if there was upside before posting results. Wasn't holding out intentionally.

As far as the activity, just like LY September, this period is the hardest month professionally for me for the year. We lock up holiday advertising, our 2012 plan and coordinate operation strategies. Throw in a week long conference and the fact I am still driving to Chicago and Detroit twice a week and I don't have a lot of time to myself.

That said, I'll definitely try to be on more.[/QUOTE]

Josh, don't worry about what that guy said. You have a busy job and a personal life. You're not obligated to get on here and answer all our questions but you do a damn good job of it anyway.
Also, I was at the Albany GA store this morning right at opening. New releases weren't out yet but the woman working electronics went to the back to get them as soon as I asked. Got 2k12 and Rage for 360, no problems whatsoever. Now Batman will only cost me 20 bucks! Keep up the good work!

Awesome day at the Big K. I got Rage for PS3 -coupon printed with no problem plus 5,000 SYWR. I noticed they had about 5 copies of each new release except foir Spiderman which only had 1 copy. I got chatting with the electronics guy Josua- who told me that there has been a guy coming in and buying up all the copies of new releases. I informed him about how I thought it was only 2 copies per person and he said he hadn't heard that and management never told him to restrict purchases.
So, I was walking out, called up the wife and said how about an early Xmas present for me. So I went back in, bought the PS3 headphones (had 2 left), snagged the last copy of GOW-Origins and another 10,000 SYWR. So- Rage, PS3 headset, GOW-Origins, $20 coupon and $15 SYWR. Now onto Batman to Battlefield to MW3.

BTW- I noticed a big change in the game case. 2 full rows were empty and searched clearance section and they had moved all 29.99 and under out of the case. I wonder why? Big thanks Josh! You rock!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We got our allocations but wanted to see if there was upside before posting results. Wasn't holding out intentionally.

As far as the activity, just like LY September, this period is the hardest month professionally for me for the year. We lock up holiday advertising, our 2012 plan and coordinate operation strategies. Throw in a week long conference and the fact I am still driving to Chicago and Detroit twice a week and I don't have a lot of time to myself.

That said, I'll definitely try to be on more.[/QUOTE]TY for the reply. Is it too late to shoot Stock Boy an email for store allocations?

[quote name='coldstreakd']Josh, don't worry about what that guy said. You have a busy job and a personal life. You're not obligated to get on here and answer all our questions but you do a damn good job of it anyway.[/QUOTE]You need to stop brown nosing over somebody asking a legitimate question about a topic that hasn't been touched by the Kmart team since 9/15. It's only the biggest release this year, it should have some modicum of attention paid to it.

[quote name='bretfav']Awesome day at the Big K. I got Rage for PS3 -coupon printed with no problem plus 5,000 SYWR. I noticed they had about 5 copies of each new release except foir Spiderman which only had 1 copy. I got chatting with the electronics guy Josua- who told me that there has been a guy coming in and buying up all the copies of new releases. I informed him about how I thought it was only 2 copies per person and he said he hadn't heard that and management never told him to restrict purchases.
So, I was walking out, called up the wife and said how about an early Xmas present for me. So I went back in, bought the PS3 headphones (had 2 left), snagged the last copy of GOW-Origins and another 10,000 SYWR. So- Rage, PS3 headset, GOW-Origins, $20 coupon and $15 SYWR. Now onto Batman to Battlefield to MW3.

BTW- I noticed a big change in the game case. 2 full rows were empty and searched clearance section and they had moved all 29.99 and under out of the case. I wonder why? Big thanks Josh! You rock![/QUOTE]
Thanks bud, we've really been pushing hard to clean out the cases. We should expect another drop this month actually.

Had a great experience at Kmart this morn. Used two coupons from last week to pick up Rage, Dark Souls, & NBA and walked out with 60$ in coupons and 15$ in SYWR.

[quote name='nnthomas']Rage and Dark Souls are all well and good, but let's see some Dead Rising action. Get me excited, Josh[/QUOTE]

If I was a betting man, I'd wager a $15 coupon because its a $40 game, similar to the Sony collections.

That said, I'll definitely try to be on more.[/QUOTE]

any chance of finding out beforehand if your store will actually get a copy of the hardened edition?That way I know whether or not to go before class or after ;)

Anyhow, stores will probably be stocked with plenty (5-10 copies) of the regular edition correct?

I grabbed what appeared to be the last copy of Dark Souls in Barboursville, WV. I'm saving the 20 buck coupon for Batman.

I hope Batman has a 20 buck coupon I can use on Skyrim. ;)

I went to my local K-Mart today to pick up a copy of Rage + $20GC. After wandering the Electronics section for about 15 minutes and not being able to find an employee, I asked 5 other random employees (stocking shelves, garden) if they could help me and was just told they didn't work in that department.

I had to be somewhere so I just left, but it has been quite some time since I've had such a bad experience. I rarely shop K-Mart, as it's quite run-down looking and not all that nice inside, but I only ever get ignored when I shop at Best Buy :roll: so this was quite a shock.

Thanks Josh. Picked up my very 1st kmart game today (nba 2k12).

My son and I was surprisingly shock as we walk in and notice a telephone booth. I was like, uh, do they still exist. Incredible, haven't seen one in ages.

Anyways, we spent about 30 min there. 25 of those min was waiting for this lady to check out a cart load of clothes to put away in laway. come on, this is electronic, this lady could have stopped by layaway desk but i guess it makes her feel better to check out at the electronic dept.

1/2 hour later, we finally got our gamer coupon after signing up for Shopyourway. However, the clerk didn't give me the 5000 point bonus even though my store was on the participating list. According to her and her manager, it only applies to the low income or unemployed. Pretty much, i got shafted on my 5K bonus point.

oh well, atlease i got my $20 gaming coupon.

Thanks Josh, this was my 1st time back in Kmart since the mid 90s

[quote name='Daring']According to her and her manager, it only applies to the low income or unemployed.[/QUOTE]

A fun followup to their BS would be to ask how Kmart knows people are low income or unemployed.

As far I know, employees can't deny points rewards. It's all handled by the store's system. Not sure why you didn't get the bonus, however.

[quote name='bretfav']I informed him about how I thought it was only 2 copies per person and he said he hadn't heard that and management never told him to restrict purchases.[/QUOTE]

It system is only supposed to print two coupons per account per promotion. There is no limit to the number of copies a customer can purchase, but said customer would need multiple SYWR accounts to earn coupons on more than two of each.

[quote name='salty tbone']Not sure why you didn't get the bonus, however.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing because it was a brand new account. The fine print for the SYWR 5000 point promotion suggests that you need to be set to receive all of the emails to get it, something that wouldn't necessarily be true of an account moments after its creation.

Josh any chance for a Gunstringer drop anytime soon? even $30 would make me jump on it. I just can't bring myself to pay MSRP after week of release anymore ;)

[quote name='Daring'] According to her and her manager, it only applies to the low income or unemployed. Pretty much, i got shafted on my 5K bonus point.[/QUOTE]

sheesh....are they asking to see paystubs too? that sucks

[quote name='salty tbone']A fun followup to their BS would be to ask how Kmart knows people are low income or unemployed.

As far I know, employees can't deny points rewards. It's all handled by the store's system. Not sure why you didn't get the bonus, however.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, not sure how they were suppose to identify whose low income and what not. I didn't want to push it or cause any scene. I know they were totally bs'ing me but i figure it was only a lincoln.

Apparently my local store (in Valencia, CA) only received one copy of Dark Souls each platform. When I went to the store around 8:20 this morning, the PS3 copy was already sold out. I know that Kmart constantly offers pretty much the best gaming deals, but I really believe that there has to be something done with its inventory allocation.

[quote name='Daring']Thanks Josh. Picked up my very 1st kmart game today (nba 2k12).

My son and I was surprisingly shock as we walk in and notice a telephone booth. I was like, uh, do they still exist. Incredible, haven't seen one in ages.

Anyways, we spent about 30 min there. 25 of those min was waiting for this lady to check out a cart load of clothes to put away in laway. come on, this is electronic, this lady could have stopped by layaway desk but i guess it makes her feel better to check out at the electronic dept.

1/2 hour later, we finally got our gamer coupon after signing up for Shopyourway. However, the clerk didn't give me the 5000 point bonus even though my store was on the participating list. According to her and her manager, it only applies to the low income or unemployed. Pretty much, i got shafted on my 5K bonus point.

oh well, atlease i got my $20 gaming coupon.

Thanks Josh, this was my 1st time back in Kmart since the mid 90s[/QUOTE]

just so u know, u can email the sywr cs, and they can give u that 5k bonus if u met the requirements. and if u already got it, they'll let u know (i did it before)

[quote name='Daring']1/2 hour later, we finally got our gamer coupon after signing up for Shopyourway. However, the clerk didn't give me the 5000 point bonus even though my store was on the participating list. According to her and her manager, it only applies to the low income or unemployed. Pretty much, i got shafted on my 5K bonus point.[/QUOTE]
Well that's pretty ridiculous. What if there had been someone else behind you in line and they would have been offered the deal? I'd be insulted lol.

Hi and congratulations you look poor here's $5!

Hmm. Thanks?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Well that's pretty ridiculous. What if there had been someone else behind you in line and they would have been offered the deal? I'd be insulted lol.

Hi and congratulations you look poor here's $5!

Hmm. Thanks?[/QUOTE]

Dammit, why didn't i think of this. Next time i'm going in there with a sign, "Will work for Gamer's Coupon."

hahaha, that'll show them. now way can they deny me now.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You'll probably see one or two retailer pop it lower than $39 but I'll probably struggle getting below that with some of the new parameters I'm dealing with.[/QUOTE]

Will there be one for Madden 12? I still have madden 11 but if madden goes to around 40 or better yet 35 I would really jump on that.

Stopped in and grabbed the only two copies of Dark Souls. Friends and I had a mini-LAN party tonight, was fun. Thanks Josh, and everyone else associated.

I swung by my locak kmart earlier this afternoon only to find NO copy of Dark Souls for PS3.... I REFUSE to buy the 360 version because I don't want to pay for live just for that online feature I could get for free on my PS3.(I don't game on live nor feel the need to)

[quote name='DPsycho']I'm guessing because it was a brand new account. The fine print for the SYWR 5000 point promotion suggests that you need to be set to receive all of the emails to get it, something that wouldn't necessarily be true of an account moments after its creation.[/QUOTE]
If someone signs up in store with an email address/adds an email address in store they're "A bonus member."
The $5 in points offer is only for bonus members.

[quote name='rdlee']Does anyone know if the $20 gaming coupons will work on a 4,000 MS point card?[/QUOTE]

New huh? Quick answer, yes. I'll let others give you advice about these types of questions.

Hint: Post #3 "Gaming coupons are valid on Points/Live/PSN Cards unless otherwise stated in the promotion"

[quote name='IronClaw']New huh? Quick answer, yes. I'll let others give you advice about these types of questions.

Hint: Post #3 "Gaming coupons are valid on Points/Live/PSN Cards unless otherwise stated in the promotion"[/QUOTE]

Oops. I am dumb. Should have saw that. I deserve whatever happens... so FLAME ON! lol.

[quote name='deviant savant']Does a $20 gamer coupon work for a game accessory that's on layaway?[/QUOTE]

Nice twist! I would assume it would but my guess is you would have to cancel the layaway, get that money back, then purchase it outright using the coupon. I don't know if they would just take $20 off the price while it's in layaway.

[quote name='mr mellow']Just looking ahead, what's going to be the price point for the Metal Gear HD collection?[/QUOTE]

They haven't announced any pricing yet. I was curious myself and couldn't find anything official... just retailers guesses.

[quote name='mr mellow']Just looking ahead, what's going to be the price point for the Metal Gear HD collection?[/QUOTE]

Amazon has it listed at $49.99.

[quote name='Daring']Exactly, not sure how they were suppose to identify whose low income and what not. I didn't want to push it or cause any scene. I know they were totally bs'ing me but i figure it was only a lincoln.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure I can help get you your points in this situation, my apologies for the garbage response by the store.

Just stopped by my local kmart and found me a copy of dark souls looks like i took the last copy. Thought i could use my 20 coupon turns out i cant use it until the 9th.

So...Josh, will you be able to leak any details on the Arkham City deal, or is it so epic that you can't show anything until Save Game #12 is posted on the blog? :bouncy:

After completing service calls in Jackson, TN this morning, went to KMart here and picked up Dark Souls, Spiderman EoT, and a $20 PSN card to get into the $135 threshold so I can get the maximum 15k SWYR bonus.

Then bought NBA2K12 (Magic Johnson cover...GO LAKERS!) and used my ICO/SotC coupon and all of the SWYR points. All 3 coupons printed without problems. I didn't get another 5k because I believe 15k is the max per member.

Anyways, a great deal and excellent customer service experience. Thanks again Josh and the KMartgamer team!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm sure I can help get you your points in this situation, my apologies for the garbage response by the store.[/QUOTE]

Josh,

Sent you an email. If you can help, that will be great.

Went to the Hazleton, PA K-Mart today to check things out (and I was looking for Birth By Sleep for PSP because my one friend was bugging me about it). Yeah they took all the PSP games out of the glass case and are just sitting there to be picked up. Also there isn't a bunch of PSP games either, it's pretty much a barren wasteland for PSP. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they had more PS2 games there :lol:. Yeah so no Birth By Sleep.

Josh my local Kmart in Bay City, MI is terrible when it comes to getting a new game on launch day. Went this Tuesday to try to pick up Rage and NBA 2K12 and they had no copies of either game. Also the past couple games I got there are never stocked on the shelves and I always have to ask someone to look in the back for the game. Can you make sure this store gets more copies of new release games in because I wont be coming to Kmart anymore if this happens again the next couple weeks.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']$49.99 is confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's officially more than I'm willing to pay for updated versions of games I already own. And this is from someone who just bought the Ico/SotC Collection.

A solid promotion could push me over, but I'm thinking I'll wait on Metal Gear getting hit with a discount.

I believe this has been addressed before, but are the stores suppose to limit the number of copies they sell to each individual person? Or is it pretty much someone is entitled to buy all the copies of the game while I sit in lectures?

Went to grab Dark Souls from my local Kmart and got the last copy. Which ended up being one of the better customer service experiences I've had at this store. Apparently there's a local store owner who goes into the location in town and buys a bunch of repeat copies of the same game. Generally speaking I'm okay with this if they get 40 copies or so in, but not if it's going to be the point like yesterday where I almost don't get to purchase the game because someone horded the copies.

[quote name='Phenomic']I believe this has been addressed before, but are the stores suppose to limit the number of copies they sell to each individual person? Or is it pretty much someone is entitled to buy all the copies of the game while I sit in lectures?

Went to grab Dark Souls from my local Kmart and got the last copy. Which ended up being one of the better customer service experiences I've had at this store. Apparently there's a local store owner who goes into the location in town and buys a bunch of repeat copies of the same game. Generally speaking I'm okay with this if they get 40 copies or so in, but not if it's going to be the point like yesterday where I almost don't get to purchase the game because someone horded the copies.[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to be limited in the sense that you can get up to two coupons for two copies of the same game if done in separate transactions. He must have several SYWR accounts because there would be no benefit of him buying them from K-Mart if he wasn't getting the coupons.

From K-Mart's perspective however, I doubt they care if someone buys a shitload of copies given "today's economy" and will take what they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back