KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Phenomic']
Went to grab Dark Souls from my local Kmart and got the last copy. Which ended up being one of the better customer service experiences I've had at this store. Apparently there's a local store owner who goes into the location in town and buys a bunch of repeat copies of the same game. Generally speaking I'm okay with this if they get 40 copies or so in, but not if it's going to be the point like yesterday where I almost don't get to purchase the game because someone horded the copies.[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't happen to be in Orlando, would you? They've said the same thing happens at my closest store - someone goes in there and buys a bunch of copies early in the morning when new games come out.

[quote name='DerClaw']The one problem that I've had with my closer KMart is that I could not get that coupon to work on anything. The clerks kept saying that it was for a 2011 game, so the 2012 games would not work. I tried to explain and it was like trying to fuck a brick wall with somebody else's dick, so I finally snapped and yelled at the clerk and she did an override. So, uh, I guess it was an OK experience, except that I felt like an ass for yelling about 5 dollars afterwards.[/QUOTE]

from my experience, the $5 EA coupon worked on FIFA 12 but not NHL 12. Not sure those non-PS3/Xbox 360 version.

you always don't talk to the cashier, just give him/her the coupon, and let the system to find out.

hey guys sorry if the question has already been asked but any idea if Kmart is carrying the collectors edition of forza 4? thanks for the help in advance

[quote name='svt1029']hey guys sorry if the question has already been asked but any idea if Kmart is carrying the collectors edition of forza 4? thanks for the help in advance[/QUOTE]

There was a big discussion of collectors editions just a few pages back. Forza wasn't specifically mentioned, but the rule of thumb is if you want a CE, you're better off preordering from somewhere else. If Kmart carries them, they will be in VERY VERY limited quantities. Josh or Stockboy will be able to tell you whether they'll have any, but don't get your hopes up.

[quote name='coldstreakd']There was a big discussion of collectors editions just a few pages back. Forza wasn't specifically mentioned, but the rule of thumb is if you want a CE, you're better off preordering from somewhere else. If Kmart carries them, they will be in VERY VERY limited quantities. Josh or Stockboy will be able to tell you whether they'll have any, but don't get your hopes up.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Forza 4 was specifically mentioned - that it was one of two games (MW3 being the other) that will get some attention paid to the special editions.

[quote name='BrandonJF']You wouldn't happen to be in Orlando, would you? They've said the same thing happens at my closest store - someone goes in there and buys a bunch of copies early in the morning when new games come out.[/QUOTE]

It's probably Harveyiscool. I wonder why we have't heard from him in awhile. His store must be booming so he just enjoying himself out there somewhere on a yacht staring at Catherine pics.

[quote name='supershammy']I'm pretty sure Forza 4 was specifically mentioned - that it was one of two games (MW3 being the other) that will get some attention paid to the special editions.[/QUOTE]

My bad, you're right. But either way, Kmart is still not the place to rely on for CEs.

[quote name='boogie4114']It's probably Harveyiscool. I wonder why we have't heard from him in awhile. His store must be booming so he just enjoying himself out there somewhere on a yacht staring at Catherine pics.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to add sipping on a Mai-Tai or downing another Red Stripe, all depends on what I am feeling that day. BTW, Catherine is pretty damn hot, so it was fun staring at her.

[quote name='ajh2298']Any chance GoW:Origins or Ico/SotC might go on sale before the 22nd of October?[/QUOTE]

You don't feel like picking it up for $25 at BB?

[quote name='GBAstar']You don't feel like picking it up for $25 at BB?[/QUOTE]

I have a $20.00 gaming coupon from my Dead Island purchase I am wanting to use and they are the only two games that I have an interest in that come out or are out already before the coupon expires.

[quote name='BrandonJF']You wouldn't happen to be in Orlando, would you? They've said the same thing happens at my closest store - someone goes in there and buys a bunch of copies early in the morning when new games come out.[/QUOTE]

God it's so sad that people do this. Even sadder that KMART doesn't enforce quantity limits on their coupon deals. Glad it doesn't happen in my area...

I mean really, can you even make any money that way? I know the launch deals are good. But after tax and driving they aren't THAT good for losers to flip them. Plus I'm not sure if someone went to trade in to gamestop that they would even take a whole stack of the same game, amazon has trade-in limits of two per title, so if the guy resorts to ebay then there's even more fees to stack on. Seriously it must take a real loser to go around picking up games to flip and MAYBE getting $100 for a day's "work".

Got NBA 2K12 today, no real problems but the guy did try to throw my coupon away! He said "god these advertisements are lame" I promptly said "noooooooooo!"

Gotta love Kmart staff.

[quote name='Agent Orange'] Seriously it must take a real loser to go around picking up games to flip and MAYBE getting $100 for a day's "work".[/QUOTE]

Umm, particularly, in this economy, $100 for a day's "work" is a pretty decent wage. If you extrapolated that to a full 5 day work week, that's be a salary of $26,000/yr "after taxes". I mean, *I* make more than that and it's not worth it to me personally, but if I were still a college student, that seems like little effort for decent 'drinking money'.

[quote name='ubdu']http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_011W024587690001P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

"Earn 3000 points when you spend $25 or more on small kitchen appliances Sold by Kmart. Offer ends 08-Oct-2011

That $40 also put me over the $135 threshold for 15,000 bonus points.[/QUOTE]

ahhh i assumed it was somethin to do wit the appliance u picked up. ok, thanks

[quote name='rdlee']Does anyone know if the $20 gaming coupons will work on a 4,000 MS point card?[/QUOTE]

they're supposed to but there has been some issue with it not working.

[quote name='GBAstar']You don't feel like picking it up for $25 at BB?[/QUOTE]

BB also has an @gamer coupon for it i think this month, makes it 15 right?

[quote name='Agent Orange']God it's so sad that people do this. Even sadder that KMART doesn't enforce quantity limits on their coupon deals. Glad it doesn't happen in my area...

I mean really, can you even make any money that way? I know the launch deals are good. But after tax and driving they aren't THAT good for losers to flip them. Plus I'm not sure if someone went to trade in to gamestop that they would even take a whole stack of the same game, amazon has trade-in limits of two per title, so if the guy resorts to ebay then there's even more fees to stack on. Seriously it must take a real loser to go around picking up games to flip and MAYBE getting $100 for a day's "work".[/QUOTE]

I was kind of hoping for someone to pull that kind of stunt of buying up all the copies of Dark Souls so I wouldn't be so inclined to buy it as I made my trip there for other items. Seems my Kmart either is a high volume store or Josh and company were really prepared for my area having five copies for Tuesday. Kudos to Kmart for having more than enough, so at least I could get one copy.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']I know the OP says not effective in all NYC stores but has anyone every tried at the one on Astor Place ??[/QUOTE]

I believe that's for the ad only. the deals that josh posts here and exclusive to the blog are effective everywhere. i believe if u print out the ad, it will be matched (or w/e the correct term is)

*sigh* I am cursed by Dark Souls.... (sorry, couldn't help the pun)

Called and visited the 3 kmarts within my driving distance... and either they sold out or flatly told me they don't carry the game... :wall:

These are the stores:

I don't know if the MW3 deal is already set or not but since there is such a limited amount of hardened editions I'm hoping there will either be a deal like buy mw3 get 20 off of a year of elite or even better if it was like last year and have $25 on your rewards card, as long as cod elite cards are available day 1. Josh can you give us insight on any of this, especially the availability of elite cards? We wouldn't be getting a steelcase or journal or founder status but maybe this a way to ease the pain.

Ugh. Do Kmart not carry that many copies of Dark Souls? They were all sold out completely for the PS3, while there were still a bunch of copies left for NBA 2k12, Rage, and Spider-Man. Guess I"ll just order from Newegg...

[quote name='martinez91']I don't know if the MW3 deal is already set or not but since there is such a limited amount of hardened editions I'm hoping there will either be a deal like buy mw3 get 20 off of a year of elite or even better if it was like last year and have $25 on your rewards card, as long as cod elite cards are available day 1. Josh can you give us insight on any of this, especially the availability of elite cards? We wouldn't be getting a steelcase or journal or founder status but maybe this a way to ease the pain.[/QUOTE]
I doubt Elite cards would be sold but a general PSN card would fit real nicely.

[quote name='martinez91']I don't know if the MW3 deal is already set or not but since there is such a limited amount of hardened editions I'm hoping there will either be a deal like buy mw3 get 20 off of a year of elite or even better if it was like last year and have $25 on your rewards card, as long as cod elite cards are available day 1. Josh can you give us insight on any of this, especially the availability of elite cards? We wouldn't be getting a steelcase or journal or founder status but maybe this a way to ease the pain.[/QUOTE]
You could always preorder a copy at GS or something, this way if you really want the Hardened Edition and K-mart doesn't have any in your area you can still get it.

[quote name='Shadow Cloud']Ugh. Do Kmart not carry that many copies of Dark Souls? They were all sold out completely for the PS3, while there were still a bunch of copies left for NBA 2k12, Rage, and Spider-Man. Guess I"ll just order from Newegg...[/QUOTE]

They must have sent all of the copies to my Kmart. I just picked my copy up and they probably had 12-15 left. That was just for PS3, there was plenty available for X360 as well.

Josh, my store (#4313) has not received any of the games at all :(. I have already emailed to you, kmarthelper & stock boy. But no response on when they will have it yet :(. I guess you need more people in customer service. Very dissapointed this time

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that have picked up 2K12, did they have any of the Bird covers? I wasn't planning on getting this so soon but it occurred to me that any better deals in the next month or so will probably be online where I wouldn't have any say in the cover and I really dig that there's a cover with Larry Legend on it.

[quote name='chriscolbert']For those of you that have picked up 2K12, did they have any of the Bird covers? I wasn't planning on getting this so soon but it occurred to me that any better deals in the next month or so will probably be online where I wouldn't have any say in the cover and I really dig that there's a cover with Larry Legend on it.[/QUOTE]

My store had at least one copy of each player (MJ, Magic, Bird). I think MJ is the most common cover although like you it's #33 for me.

[quote name='harish7447']Josh, my store (#4313) has not received any of the games at all :(. I have already emailed to you, kmarthelper & stock boy. But no response on when they will have it yet :(. I guess you need more people in customer service. Very dissapointed this time[/QUOTE]
I believe they have been in correspondence with you as I have been copied on the emails. The items are at the store but we are waiting back on operations to confirm what we are seeing in the system. I would definitely wait before heading in again until you hear back. We will ensure you patience is rewarded.

[quote name='chriscolbert']For those of you that have picked up 2K12, did they have any of the Bird covers? I wasn't planning on getting this so soon but it occurred to me that any better deals in the next month or so will probably be online where I wouldn't have any say in the cover and I really dig that there's a cover with Larry Legend on it.[/QUOTE]

my store didnt have any bird covers, just magic and jordan. might be because they figured CA customers wouldnt be interested.

Josh,

Are you going to hit Forza 4 with any type of Coupon/Deal? If you don't want to leak specifics yet that's cool but besides Walmart.com's $10 eGift and DLC offer no one else is doing anything. Amazon has DLC and BB is including it in their 5/$100 preorder promo but that's it.

I'm just trying to decide if I should make my purchase decision based on preorder DLC incentives or if it is something I can tie a coupon into.

Thanks

[quote name='affa']Dark Souls is my game of the year. No doubt.[/QUOTE]

Man is it a visual nightmare though, holy year 2000. Controls aren't very smooth either. I was disappointed.

Store Number #9338 (the Manchester one) did not have NBA 2k12 out, and I was told that they sold out. I pointed out that no copies of NBA 2k12, Rage, Spiderman edge of time, or Dark Souls were out and I was told that they sold out of all of them. I said that sounded pretty crazy and asked to talk to a manager that told me the same thing. Can this possibly be correct Josh?

[quote name='DerClaw']Store Number #9338 (the Manchester one) did not have NBA 2k12 out, and I was told that they sold out. I pointed out that no copies of NBA 2k12, Rage, Spiderman edge of time, or Dark Souls were out and I was told that they sold out of all of them. I said that sounded pretty crazy and asked to talk to a manager that told me the same thing. Can this possibly be correct Josh?[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking... whenever I'm told by an employee that they sold out of a game or they didn't get it I check to see if they received the rest of that particular weeks titles as I know they usually ship together.

If they are telling the truth you either have a high volume store with horrible inventory or someone hoarding titles

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I believe they have been in correspondence with you as I have been copied on the emails. The items are at the store but we are waiting back on operations to confirm what we are seeing in the system. I would definitely wait before heading in again until you hear back. We will ensure you patience is rewarded.[/QUOTE]

Ok Josh, it's not really my style to push a rep of any kind in any way... but of the 3 stores I've visited in my attempts to snag a copy of Dark Souls for PS3 and get in on the $20 GC promotion, I think I'm gonna have my say here...

This is a definite 2 game sale if at least ONE of these kmart stores have a SINGLE copy to sell to me. I plan on buying Batman Arkham City with the $20 gift card.

If this lack of inventory drives me else where to buy Dark Souls(Best Buy has a $10 promotion), then they are going to get 2 game purchases from me in October. Possibly 3 because they may even have a promotion on Batman, which I would turn around to buy Battlefield 3.

What do I need to do to get my hands on a PS3 copy of Dark Souls at one of these kmart stores around me within this promotion time frame? I find it absurd that all THREE stores around me are unable to fill inventory on this game.

[quote name='XClaude']Ok Josh, it's not really my style to push a rep of any kind in any way... but of the 3 stores I've visited in my attempts to snag a copy of Dark Souls for PS3 and get in on the $20 GC promotion, I think I'm gonna have my say here...

This is a definite 2 game sale if at least ONE of these kmart stores have a SINGLE copy to sell to me. I plan on buying Batman Arkham City with the $20 gift card.

If this lack of inventory drives me else where to buy Dark Souls(Best Buy has a $10 promotion), then they are going to get 2 game purchases from me in October. Possibly 3 because they may even have a promotion on Batman, which I would turn around to buy Battlefield 3.

What do I need to do to get my hands on a PS3 copy of Dark Souls at one of these kmart stores around me within this promotion time frame? I find it absurd that all THREE stores around me are unable to fill inventory on this game.[/QUOTE]
You see that email addy in the OP that says ' [email protected] '? I'd wager that'd be a good place to start if you feel like you have to 'push' for making your purchase this week.

[quote name='MidnightRider1']picked up RAGE, got my coupon,5,000 sywr points. So basically extended my 20.00 dead island coupon for BATMAN.[/QUOTE]

So you got 25 dollars altogether? I didn't know there was a deal for SYWR points too. fuck. I'm going tomorrow if so.

[quote name='DerClaw']Store Number #9338 (the Manchester one) did not have NBA 2k12 out, and I was told that they sold out. I pointed out that no copies of NBA 2k12, Rage, Spiderman edge of time, or Dark Souls were out and I was told that they sold out of all of them. I said that sounded pretty crazy and asked to talk to a manager that told me the same thing. Can this possibly be correct Josh?[/QUOTE]

You know it was the same thing at my store. I just can't see how 4 multi platform titles would sell out on both systems in the first week.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']You could always preorder a copy at GS or something, this way if you really want the Hardened Edition and K-mart doesn't have any in your area you can still get it.[/QUOTE]

gamestop isn't accepting preorders anymore, I preordered at best buy but hope there is some kind of deal at Kmart to sway me...

[quote name='martinez91']gamestop isn't accepting preorders anymore, I preordered at best buy but hope there is some kind of deal at Kmart to sway me...[/QUOTE]

Walmart and amazon are still allowing you to place orders too

[quote name='GBAstar']Walmart and amazon are still allowing you to place orders too[/QUOTE]

I think WalMart charges you right away for preorders, Amazon doesn't. Ill be easier if you just pre order on Amazon and wait if their is a better deal, if there is you can always cancel.

[quote name='nervousxtian']Any word on what the Forza 4 deal is going to be?[/QUOTE]

I would guess the least it would be is a $20 coupon. Would be great to see a deal on MS points as well with DLC for it already announced.

[quote name='209chromatic']I think WalMart charges you right away for preorders, Amazon doesn't. Ill be easier if you just pre order on Amazon and wait if their is a better deal, if there is you can always cancel.[/QUOTE]

Walmart charges only the amount of whatever gift card they are offering immediately and the rest is charged on shipment.

[quote name='Shadow Cloud']Ugh. Do Kmart not carry that many copies of Dark Souls? They were all sold out completely for the PS3, while there were still a bunch of copies left for NBA 2k12, Rage, and Spider-Man. Guess I"ll just order from Newegg...[/QUOTE]

My local store had five for each system for Dark Souls when I went in Tuesday night.

Was surprised they had so many, to be honest.

[quote name='Katiklysm']Did KMart get out of the PC Game market? I don't see any of these games for windows. Skyrim, in particular?[/QUOTE]

I believe Stock Boy said they would only be carrying PC titles that are only on PC, such as Diablo and The Old Republic.

My store had plenty of copies of Dark Souls and Rage for both systems. Had no problem getting a copy of DS, now to decide if I should use my coupon on Battlefield or skip that and use it for MW3. The beta didn't sway me either way, so I'll wait on the reviews for it.

Also loving getting my ass kicked on DS so far ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back