KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're wondering whether your store really sold out or just hasn't put the games out, get the UPCs for the games you're looking for (try Buy.com) and take them in. The cashier can do an inventory check with the UPC number.

Not that this will necessarily help. With DKC Returns last year, they showed like a dozen copies on hand but still couldn't find them. But at least you'll know if they actually sold out or not.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I believe they have been in correspondence with you as I have been copied on the emails. The items are at the store but we are waiting back on operations to confirm what we are seeing in the system. I would definitely wait before heading in again until you hear back. We will ensure you patience is rewarded.[/QUOTE]

Josh, I have been very patient. My point is, it should not take more than 2 days to figure out if/why the store has it or not & that was the reason of my disappointment. The store is 2 mins away from me, so I went there this morning as well, but still no luck :). I asked the sales person if they called the distributor or corporate about this, he said no & that if it shows up they will put it on display. I don't blame him for that. Also I just saw your email, so I will wait on the status :)

Also I have another issue with the coupon not printing. I will email about that. Thanks & looking fwd to Forza offer :)

Josh, any chance Fifa 12 gets a week price drop anytime soon? I still have that 5 off EA coupon to use and don't want to pickup the game now for it to be cheaper in a week or so.

To all the others who bought Rage, how is it?

[quote name='beeman07']I have -2,403 SYWR points. WTF is up with that?

Do I have to PAY Kmart to use my points? ;)[/QUOTE]
Why it happened... usually that happens if you use points then return something. Sometimes it's a glitch, who knows, the SYWR system is fucked up. It constantly kicks out emails for no reason, requiring people to re-enter it.
If you didn't return anything that would've caused points to be deducted, send an email to the SYWR team to see if they can figure out what caused the drop in points.

Do you have to pay kmart to use your points... kinda. You won't "get" any points until you gain 2,403 points. So if you spend 241 dollars, you'll have 7 points total.

[quote name='Vinny']Man, I hope Arkham City comes with a good offer... hopefully $20. Nobody else has anything good.[/QUOTE]

This was from a few pages back...

[quote name='Pinnacle']I hope the new Batman game includes a 20 buck gift card. I dropped Rage and picked up Dark Souls this week. I still need a second game to finish off my birthday cash.lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Expect a little extra on BAC :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GBAstar']Walmart and amazon are still allowing you to place orders too[/QUOTE]

I would do amazon but I want it at midnight, or at least early the first day. I expect best buy to have some kind of offer on it too, but as long as Kmart has the game and a year of cod elite for around $95 or less after the offers are taken into consideration I will settle for not having the steelcase/journal. That would mean there would have to be at least $15 in promos, but maybe Activision will be more flexible with what they allow for their elite offers for the first year of the service, and even if they don't josh did $25 last year so hopefully he cooks up something great again. It boggles me that they would make so few hardened editions again, especially considering there is no prestige edition.

[quote name='Greendomo']Josh/Stockboy, any idea if you'll be stocking the Collectors Edition of Arkham City and if so how available it would be?[/QUOTE]

They're not

[quote name='mguiddy']If you didn't return anything that would've caused points to be deducted, send an email to the SYWR team to see if they can figure out what caused the drop in points.[/QUOTE]

Never returned anything to Kmart (or Sears); so I figure its a glitch in their system. It just caught me by surprise after checking my receipt for RAGE and I had to share my amusement.

Rewards programs ALWAYS seem to unravel at some point and start to become more of a burden than a blessing.

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake']To all the others who bought Rage, how is it?[/QUOTE]

I had very high hopes for this game, but so far I'm a little underwhelmed.

That said, I'm only an hour in to it; so my opinion should be expected to change.

It's not the fallout/borderlands clone that people wanted.

it is a very beautiful game with linear shooting levels connected by large expanses of driving and car combat with quest givers and shops in towns though.

The weapons feel really good though and the shooting levels are as fun as any single player FPS you'll play this year. Just don't expect it to be fallout or something. The real problem with the game is that the story just isn't that interesting. Many of the missions lack motivation beyond just "go here and get this thing and bring it back while shooting all these dudes between then".

[quote name='jaredstorm']I'll ask again. Does RAGE come with $5 SYWR points too?[/QUOTE]

sywr_toprail_100211_v2.jpg

Yes. According to my receipt.:

Base Points Earned: 600
Bonus Points Earned: 5,000

[quote name='jaredstorm']I'll ask again. Does RAGE come with $5 SYWR points too?[/QUOTE]

Participating kmarts are doing an extra 5000 points ($5) for every $45 spent. Up to 3 times ($15 for $135 spent) so if you hit that $45 mark with rage, meaning you're not using multiple gaming coupons on it, you'll get it, even if you are, you can fill out your order with anything else to hit $45.. There is a link in the op with participating stores. Good till the 8th I believe..

Any chance for a hint on whether or not Sonic Generation's coupon is going to be $15, $20, or something better like a coupon and free game?

I'm kind of considering reserving a 360 copy of Sonic Generations, at Gamestop for the avatar costume and the mini pinball game since I'll be getting Otomedius Excellent Limited/Collector's edition from them on that same day.

[quote name='hostyl1']Umm, particularly, in this economy, $100 for a day's "work" is a pretty decent wage. If you extrapolated that to a full 5 day work week, that's be a salary of $26,000/yr "after taxes". I mean, *I* make more than that and it's not worth it to me personally, but if I were still a college student, that seems like little effort for decent 'drinking money'.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the person in theory can collect unemployment too.

[quote name='IronClaw']Nice twist! I would assume it would but my guess is you would have to cancel the layaway, get that money back, then purchase it outright using the coupon. I don't know if they would just take $20 off the price while it's in layaway.[/QUOTE]
would i lose any discount currently associated with the accessory that is in layaway?

How long do i have to wait to use the coupon? Because if skyrim comes with a 20, would i be able to use it on saints row or assassins creed, those games come out 4 days later.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Any chance for a hint on whether or not Sonic Generation's coupon is going to be $15, $20, or something better like a coupon and free game?

I'm kind of considering reserving a 360 copy of Sonic Generations, at Gamestop for the avatar costume and the mini pinball game since I'll be getting Otomedius Excellent Limited/Collector's edition from them on that same day.[/QUOTE]

I'm expecting to probably see a $15 coupon on this since it is retailing for $50 and there are other huge games releasing around it.

The link is broken for participation list of stores. Unless it's my phone's browser... Can someone tell me if Wichita stores have it?

[quote name='jaredstorm']The link is broken for participation list of stores. Unless it's my phone's browser... Can someone tell me if Wichita stores have it?[/QUOTE]
The stores on Broadway and Kellogg are each participating.

[quote name='Marauder7']Don't forget the person in theory can collect unemployment too.[/QUOTE]

Making $42 a day will already put you above a minimum wage job...

[quote name='deviant savant']would i lose any discount currently associated with the accessory that is in layaway?[/QUOTE]

Again, just a guess. If you cancel the layaway, the system adds it back into the store inventory. It would then ring up at the current retail price. If there was a special discount on it when you put it in layaway, then my guess is that the previous discount would also be removed.

At that point you are looking at which way gives you the best use of your money. Do you want it now or can you wait until you pay it off in layaway should also be considered. My backlog says that I wouldn't get to it until next year anyways so I'd just let it float in layaway and use the $20 on something else.

[quote name='The 7th Number']How long do i have to wait to use the coupon? Because if skyrim comes with a 20, would i be able to use it on saints row or assassins creed, those games come out 4 days later.[/QUOTE]

That one will be interesting since it's a Friday release. If it were to kick in two days later on 11/13, then that means only those that purchase it on Friday and Saturday would get the coupon. If they extend it to where everyone who purchases it from 11/11-11/19 gets a coupon, then it wouldn't kick in until 11/20.

Hopefully Josh will chime in on this.

[quote name='chriscolbert']That one will be interesting since it's a Friday release. If it were to kick in two days later on 11/13, then that means only those that purchase it on Friday and Saturday would get the coupon. If they extend it to where everyone who purchases it from 11/11-11/19 gets a coupon, then it wouldn't kick in until 11/20.

Hopefully Josh will chime in on this.[/QUOTE]

Your assuming, of course, that these people who can't even get Tuesday releases on the shelf on Tuesday would even put them out on Friday. My guess is they are so in tune now that new releases come out on Tuesday's that they will hold them until then anyways.

[quote name='elessar123']Making $42 a day will already put you above a minimum wage job...[/QUOTE]

Before or after taxes? I know it doesn't really matter, just curious because that's about what I make after taxes per day.

I feel a little better now learning that I'm slightly above minimum wage. It would be nice to make $100 a day after taxes. Probably should consider hording all the games with coupons if it really is $100 a day when all is said and done.

Anyway, more on topic I noticed on Gamestop's website that there is going to be Bejeweled 3 for both 360 and PS3, along with Plants vs. Zombies for the PS3. I so would like a coupon deal on those games like in the past with the Xbox 360 version of Plants vs. Zombies, even if it was just a $5 coupon or buy both and get a $15 coupon.

[quote name='brentcaldwell1']Excuse me. Can anyone point out to me when Josh or Stockboy stated that K-mart wouldn't stock the CE for Arkham City?[/QUOTE]

From Monday:

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']I'm scared to answer this...I don't want 300 emails for something that is going to sell out in the first 10 minutes of the store's opening and piss a lot of people off.

The simple answer is yes, we will carry a very limited stock of Hardened editions (like 1 for every 2 stores). That being said they will be gone after the first day. If you're dying to get a hardened edition and will be heart-broken if you don't get it, I'd recommend pre-ordering it from somewhere else.

Hope that kind of helps...and in general this is my recommendation for any collector's edition. The only collector's editions Kmart will carry for the rest of the year are Forza 4 and Call of Duty (okay, maybe Star Wars Old Republic PC too).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IronClaw']Your assuming, of course, that these people who can't even get Tuesday releases on the shelf on Tuesday would even put them out on Friday. My guess is they are so in tune now that new releases come out on Tuesday's that they will hold them until then anyways.[/QUOTE]

Oh I think that release is going to be an absolute disaster at the store level. I think there's a 50/50 chance that they either get put out early when they first get them (thinking they were a 11/8 release) or the following Tuesday on 11/15, and about a zero chance they actually go out on Friday.

Thank you for clarifying that for me, chriscolbert, especially since you did so without being rude. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

[quote name='brentcaldwell1']Thank you for clarifying that for me, chriscolbert, especially since you did so without being rude. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

No problem!

[quote name='elessar123']Making $42 a day will already put you above a minimum wage job...[/QUOTE]
Jesus, that's pathetic. Not in that making minimum wage is pathetic...I mean that it's pathetic that the amount per hour is apparently set so low. Nobody can be expected to live off of that and they know it. Min wage should be enough to get by with.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Oh I think that release is going to be an absolute disaster at the store level. I think there's a 50/50 chance that they either get put out early when they first get them (thinking they were a 11/8 release) or the following Tuesday on 11/15, and about a zero chance they actually go out on Friday.[/QUOTE]
I can see a ton of disasters here. First off the Skyrim coupon. I know it's supposed to take a week but if Skyrim takes a week to activate then if you wanted to use it on SR3 you might be taking a chance to get on the SR3 deal because it could be sold out when the coupon goes live. Not to mention Zelda drops on the 20th so if you bought Saints Row 3 and then wanted to use that for Zelda, same problem. Actually wait, I just remembered, Call of Duty gets released on the 8th. This could turn into a clusterfuck.

I mean I understand that K-mart does their best but me as a gamer should not have to worry about whether or not my K-mart will have enough stock of X game because my gaming coupon isn't validated yet and in order to get on deal of X game I would have to wait because of odd release dates.

Plus to add to that, will the employees be smart enough on 11/8, 11/15 and 11/20 to stock the games.

I'm guessing Ace Combat Assault Horizon will be a low stock game? 2-3 per store?

I don't think it'll be very high demand at least, unlike ico/shadow and starfox, etc.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm guessing Ace Combat Assault Horizon will be a low stock game? 2-3 per store?

I don't think it'll be very high demand at least, unlike ico/shadow and starfox, etc.[/QUOTE]
Not a terribly low title, Dark Soul's ish.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Oh I think that release is going to be an absolute disaster at the store level. I think there's a 50/50 chance that they either get put out early when they first get them (thinking they were a 11/8 release) or the following Tuesday on 11/15, and about a zero chance they actually go out on Friday.[/QUOTE]
I'm actually feeling pretty good about Skyrim, buying a really good amount of it and our offer is strong. When that week comes I think everyone may be cool with how we are doing it.

[quote name='The 7th Number']How long do i have to wait to use the coupon? Because if skyrim comes with a 20, would i be able to use it on saints row or assassins creed, those games come out 4 days later.[/QUOTE]
Week 1 and week 2 November will be different than how we normally do things......and I am fairly confident everyone will like it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm actually feeling pretty good about Skyrim, buying a really good amount of it and our offer is strong. When that week comes I think everyone may be cool with how we are doing it.[/QUOTE]

The problem isn't the offer though or the amount of stock --

Its that so many stores can't get releases out on Tuesday, how on earth are they going to handle a Friday release of the game?

Even the stores that do get releases out on Tuesday are conditioned to Tuesday.

We're just looking for some kind of assurance that the stores aren't going to give us the runaround when Skyrim hits because they don't believe us about the release date.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm actually feeling pretty good about Skyrim, buying a really good amount of it and our offer is strong. When that week comes I think everyone may be cool with how we are doing it.[/QUOTE]

Will you confirm/deny the rumor that you will be bringing skyrim (along with our coupon, a bag of tostitos, and a jar of queso dip) to each of our homes that morning, so we don't have to move the whole day?

[quote name='XClaude']Ok Josh, it's not really my style to push a rep of any kind in any way... but of the 3 stores I've visited in my attempts to snag a copy of Dark Souls for PS3 and get in on the $20 GC promotion, I think I'm gonna have my say here...

This is a definite 2 game sale if at least ONE of these kmart stores have a SINGLE copy to sell to me. I plan on buying Batman Arkham City with the $20 gift card.

If this lack of inventory drives me else where to buy Dark Souls(Best Buy has a $10 promotion), then they are going to get 2 game purchases from me in October. Possibly 3 because they may even have a promotion on Batman, which I would turn around to buy Battlefield 3.

What do I need to do to get my hands on a PS3 copy of Dark Souls at one of these kmart stores around me within this promotion time frame? I find it absurd that all THREE stores around me are unable to fill inventory on this game.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, best way is to email us and we will help you as quickly as possible. I honor the deals for everyone here.......and it is very possible that a coupon solve could be available online as soon as next week to my great surprise.

[quote name='DerClaw']Will you confirm/deny the rumor that you will be bringing skyrim (along with our coupon, a bag of tostitos, and a jar of queso dip) to each of our homes that morning, so we don't have to move the whole day?[/QUOTE]
Confirmed and I'll have prepared a personalized jingle as well.

[quote name='animalspinners']The problem isn't the offer though or the amount of stock --

Its that so many stores can't get releases out on Tuesday, how on earth are they going to handle a Friday release of the game?

Even the stores that do get releases out on Tuesday are conditioned to Tuesday.

We're just looking for some kind of assurance that the stores aren't going to give us the runaround when Skyrim hits because they don't believe us about the release date.[/QUOTE]
Well, it will be in the ad and it will have the release date featured and every store will be sent an email as well about it. Beyond me chopping off the fingers for every store that doesn't sell it I can't confirm anything beyond giving everyone the tools to do the right thing.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Well, it will be in the ad and it will have the release date featured and every store will be sent an email as well about it. Beyond me chopping off the fingers for every store that doesn't sell it I can't confirm anything beyond giving everyone the tools to do the right thing.[/QUOTE]

As long as it's in the ad, I think that should be enough for a majority of the people here -- its what I was personally hoping for.

I've never had a problem getting them to bring stuff out of the back as long as the ad backs me up.

[quote name='animalspinners']As long as it's in the ad, I think that should be enough for a majority of the people here -- its what I was personally hoping for.

I've never had a problem getting them to bring stuff out of the back as long as the ad backs me up.[/QUOTE]
There is still the problem sadly of K-mart not getting games on time. I mean for Zelda on 3DS I had two K-marts near me not getting any stock on release day and I am pretty sure it was in the AD. I could only imagine if a K-mart doesn't get MW3 on release. :lol:

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']There is still the problem sadly of K-mart not getting games on time. I mean for Zelda on 3DS I had two K-marts near me not getting any stock on release day and I am pretty sure it was in the AD. I could only imagine if a K-mart doesn't get MW3 on release. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Well, I'm fairly confident they did have it but sucked at getting it out. For Skyrim though the order of magnitude is definitely different. Star Fox 3DS at the end of the day wasn't a huge title per store, Skyrim is. Not an excuse for the store but if you get enough copies of something I'm hoping it has an effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back