KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW $30 coupon on Batman, that is so much better than walmart's deal which I was considering on getting but since I already own Arkham Asylum on steam I think I'll pass and use my ICO coupon to get at Kmart instead, Thanks Josh! Any idea what the t-shirt looks like?

[quote name='DerClaw']Have we seen the shirt? I mean, it doesn't really matter what it looks like since the 30 bucks is pretty awesome, but obviously there is a huge difference between maybe something classic like just a grey shirt with a batman logo on it vs. some kind of busy video-game specific shirt.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LazyTriangle']WOW $30 coupon on Batman, that is so much better than walmart's deal which I was considering on getting but since I already own Arkham Asylum on steam I think I'll pass and use my ICO coupon to get at Kmart instead, Thanks Josh! Any idea what the t-shirt looks like?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully we do, but it could be a stick drawing of batman taking a dump in the sink of a corner dive bar and I don't think it would make it any less of an amazing deal.

Hrm... Now that I'm thinking about it, I kind of like my idea for the shirt....

[quote name='ShockandAww']Just buy 2 copies and you can think of the deal as a $15 coupon and half of a Batman T-shirt!! That's still at least as good as any other current offer. WIN!

Or buy it two separate times and see what happens.
[/QUOTE]

It's too close to Christmas. I don't want to end up on Santa's naughty list.

[quote name='DerClaw']Presuming your nephew is a person, just take him with you to the store ;)[/QUOTE]

1/2 a person.

I dont really care about the shirt, but ill take it if there are any left. 30 dollar gift card was enough to make me get this game. I'll use my nba 2k12 20 dollar coupon on batman, then use the 30 dollar coupon from batman on skyrim. Skyrim for 30 bucks, sweet, plus that will probably give me another coupon!

I was planning on waiting on Batman but now I'm not so sure. Forza or Batman now, or I suppose both. Decisions, decisions.

I have been away from the Kmart Coupon train for a while. Sorry Josh that I have been preordered new releases with Bestbuy recently since they have the trade in program. With the Batman deal, I might jump back on the coupon train.

Wow! That BAC coupon is amazing and it comes with a free shirt!! So for someone who's never done this before, I can just go in on the day the game comes out (assuming the store has it in stock) and pick up the game using my SYW card and I'll get the coupon? I don't have to reserve the game, do I?

Is Kmart getting the CE for this game?

Wow, also, kudos on the Batman deal. I'll be picking the game up the morning of release. Are employees going to be pretty clueless about the T-shirt part of the offer? Any chance of a memo going out before release so folks know? I could see a lot of blank stares when I mention it at the time of checkout. Great deals-off to pick up NBA2K12 this afteroon. Thanks for your efforts Josh.

Not bad deal on Batman: Arkham City. I was hoping more of a coupon plus get Arkham Asylum: Game of the Year Edition for free like Walmart, but I guess a $30 coupon and a T-shirt will do.

I could always use that $30 coupon towards Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition for the PS3.

I already got the Xbox 360 version of Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition. I just wanted to play as the Joker, which to my understanding is still a PS3 exclusive.

Again, thanks for the great offer on Batman, this will help me to get back on the coupon train. I just have to hope my store gets enough tshirts!

[quote name='Vinny']Wow! That BAC coupon is amazing and it comes with a free shirt!! So for someone who's never done this before, I can just go in on the day the game comes out (assuming the store has it in stock) and pick up the game using my SYW card and I'll get the coupon? I don't have to reserve the game, do I?

Is Kmart getting the CE for this game?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can just walk into any Kmart get the game and as long as you have SYWR card the coupon should print out. Kmart for the most part won't carry CE of any game, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that they'll carry Hardened Edition of MW3, they will also will be carrying the CE for another game but I forgot which one it was (I don't believe it was Batman though)

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Yes you can just walk into any Kmart get the game and buy it as long as you have SYWR card the coupon should print out. Kmart for the most part won't carry CE of any game, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that they'll carry Hardened Edition of MW3, they will also will be carrying the CE for another game but I forgot which one it was (I don't believe it was Batman though)[/QUOTE]

It was Forza. No Batman CE

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']

• Coupons with different barcodes can be stacked but coupons with the same barcode cannot be stacked
[/QUOTE] Question about the OP, do coupons from the different titles from the same release week with the same gaming coupon discount have the same barcode? I picked up NBA 2K12 already but I'm interested in picking up Rage as well.

So would my $20 coupon from my NBA 2K12 game have the same barcode as the $20 coupon if I were to purchase Rage? Basically, I want to be able to redeem both coupons in one transaction.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']

Q: What is the limit on the number of copies I can purchase of a title to get the release week deals?

A: 2. The limit is two per customer. Release week deals during February and March are in the form of SYWR points, so the limitation is based off the SYWR card scanned. Once the coupons return, the limit will still be 2 per customer.
[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that we can only get 2 coupons regardless of platform version? i.e. 2 PS3 and 2 Xbox 360 purchases will only net you 2 coupons still?

[quote name='Donut2922']Question about the OP, do coupons from the different titles from the same release week with the same gaming coupon discount have the same barcode? I picked up NBA 2K12 already but I'm interested in picking up Rage as well.

So would my $20 coupon from my NBA 2K12 game have the same barcode as the $20 coupon if I were to purchase Rage? Basically, I want to be able to redeem both coupons in one transaction.

I'm assuming that we can only get 2 coupons regardless of platform version? i.e. 2 PS3 and 2 Xbox 360 purchases will only net you 2 coupons still?[/QUOTE]

Each "deal" is its own unique coupon / deal ID (look on your coupon and youll see OFFER ID #XXX). The NBA and Rage coupons are different.

I believe the offer is 2 coupons from that specific deal/offer. So yes, 2 Xbox and 2 PS3 would still merit only 2 Coupons.

[quote name='Donut2922']Question about the OP, do coupons from the different titles from the same release week with the same gaming coupon discount have the same barcode? I picked up NBA 2K12 already but I'm interested in picking up Rage as well.

I'm assuming that we can only get 2 coupons regardless of platform version? i.e. 2 PS3 and 2 Xbox 360 purchases will only net you 2 coupons still?[/QUOTE]

Even though it's the same week and same amount, the coupons that print for different games do have different barcodes, so you will be fine.

My understanding was that the limit was based on SKU/UPC, so buying 2 of each for each platform USING SEPARATE TRANSACTIONS should yield you 4 coupons.

EDIT: Okay so disregard the last comment. It would seem as though I am wrong on that.

They would be different offers so yes different barcodes regardless of when released. Coupons with different barcodes can be used together.(some non gaming specific coupons can not and will say so on them) It is per account so platform shouldn't matter ie 2 total and even though different plat still same offer so to get 2 coupons separate transactions required.

[quote name='adamical']Josh, I have no idea how you're not losing money on Batman. Holy ---- is right.[/QUOTE]

I don't see it as losing money. He's gaining the guarantee that you'll buy another game at K-Mart.

Here is what I think they are doing. Instead of spending let's say 50K on a TV advertisement about video games and only getting maybe a 1-2% return on their investment, they are dividing up their advertising budget into these gaming coupons and getting a much greater return on their investment.

finally on the coupon train. Picked up :360: 2K12 and Rage (surprised it was the Anarchy Edition didn't know it was one of those first print deals) I noticed Just Dance 3 wasn't in the cages, will there be a coupon for it on the 11th? I was gonna wait until Sunday to pick it up but my girlfriend can wait until Tuesday if needed.

EDIT: Anyone know what happens to your Gamestop preorders when you don't pick them up? K-mart will be getting my business for ALOT of the the releases this month I've got about 5 i need to cancel to date already.

$30 giftcard on Arkham City is incredible....1 question and 1 dilemma now:

1. Just signed up for the rewards card, it (and this deal) will be valid online right? No Kmart near me anymore.

2. I was one of the lucky ones to get the CE preordered on Amazon at $60... Wondering if its still worthwhile? Curious to hear from other CAGs in the same boat.

[quote name='kingsnuff']finally on the coupon train. Picked up :360: 2K12 and Rage (surprised it was the Anarchy Edition didn't know it was one of those first print deals) I noticed Just Dance 3 wasn't in the cages, will there be a coupon for it on the 11th? I was gonna wait until Sunday to pick it up but my girlfriend can wait until Tuesday if needed.

EDIT: Anyone know what happens to your Gamestop preorders when you don't pick them up? K-mart will be getting my business for ALOT of the the releases this month I've got about 5 i need to cancel to date already.[/QUOTE]
from kmartgamer facebook page.
The deal for Just Dance will not start until Sunday and it will be a $15 gaming coupon.

Hi Josh,

Love the Arkham City deal and would love to get in on it. However, I never have had luck at any of my local Kmarts during release week. I have a preorder already with Newegg and would love to cancel it and get it through your company. Do you know if we can realistically expect to be able to find this game on release week?

Thanks.

[quote name='GamerDude316']$30 giftcard on Arkham City is incredible....1 question and 1 dilemma now:

1. Just signed up for the rewards card, it (and this deal) will be valid online right? No Kmart near me anymore.

2. I was one of the lucky ones to get the CE preordered on Amazon at $60... Wondering if its still worthwhile? Curious to hear from other CAGs in the same boat.[/QUOTE]

1. The online possibility is not known at the moment. Josh has been talking the last few days of it POSSIBLY being up and running online as soon as next week, but that's not set in stone. If not, in-store is your only option.

2. If I had been able to get the CE for $60, I would stick with it. It really just comes down to whether you want the bonus items bad enough or not, as well as if you plan to buy any more games in the next 6 weeks after Batman. If you're $30 coupon would go unused, don't get it from Kmart. But I wouldn't cancel your CE preorder yet... at least wait to see what Kmart gets going with their online store.

That's a great deal on Batman, although I will probably be keeping my Walmart preorder on this one, since I won't have any usable Kmart coupons on the 18th and I don't own Arkham Asylum it still seems like the better deal for me personally. Hopefully this isn't the last $30 coupon we see though...

And I'm betting Kmart employees will ensure that the t-shirt part of the deal goes smoothly :roll:

[quote name='coldstreakd']1. The online possibility is not known at the moment. Josh has been talking the last few days of it POSSIBLY being up and running online as soon as next week, but that's not set in stone. If not, in-store is your only option.

2. If I had been able to get the CE for $60, I would stick with it. It really just comes down to whether you want the bonus items bad enough or not, as well as if you plan to buy any more games in the next 6 weeks after Batman. If you're $30 coupon would go unused, don't get it from Kmart. But I wouldn't cancel your CE preorder yet... at least wait to see what Kmart gets going with their online store.[/QUOTE]

I definitely am keeping the preorder up until I see confirmation this deal will be live online. As far as the CE stuff goes, its good but I'm a little more interested in some good savings if possible. I really have a feeling this will hit $40 on Black Friday and I know I wont play much upon release, so I'm tempted to just hold out.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Yes you can just walk into any Kmart get the game and as long as you have SYWR card the coupon should print out. Kmart for the most part won't carry CE of any game, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that they'll carry Hardened Edition of MW3, they will also will be carrying the CE for another game but I forgot which one it was (I don't believe it was Batman though)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I hope I can snag one then... time to cancel my Amazon preorder.

[quote name='GamerDude316']$30 giftcard on Arkham City is incredible....1 question and 1 dilemma now:

2. I was one of the lucky ones to get the CE preordered on Amazon at $60... Wondering if its still worthwhile? Curious to hear from other CAGs in the same boat.[/QUOTE]

I'm in a similar situation. I got the 360 CE pre-ordered for $60 on Amazon, but I actually want the PS3 version and I'm not really interested in the CE stuff. I also have the $15 coupon from Ico/SotC, so it's either the regular PS3 version for $45 and a $30 coupon or the CE for $60. Typing it out makes it seem obvious to get it at Kmart, but I feel like I'd be wasting the chance to get the CE for cheap.

edit: I AM NOT LOOKING TO TRADE OR SELL THE CE. FLIPPING/TRADING/SELLING HAS NOT BEEN WORTH THE HASSLE IN THE PAST, SO PLEASE DON'T ASK.

[quote name='avalanche4']I'm in a similar situation. I got the 360 CE pre-ordered for $60 on Amazon, but I actually want the PS3 version and I'm not really interested in the CE stuff. I also have the $15 coupon from Ico/SotC, so it's either the regular PS3 version for $45 and a $30 coupon or the CE for $60. Typing it out makes it seem obvious to get it at Kmart, but I feel like I'd be wasting the chance to get the CE for cheap.[/QUOTE]

You'd rather have the PS3 version. You don't care about the CE stuff.

Get it at Kmart man. Save the money for something else later AND get the version you actually want.

Whew-Finally got ready to go buy 2k12 and it took about 20 minutes to find a store that had any in stock. That was close. Fortunately the Albany, OR store will be holding a copy for me to pick up tonight. Surprised it sold out of two other stores. I guess stock must have been pretty limited.

Well now Josh has put a huge wrench in my plans...$30 coupon? Basically that works to $45/full price game + another coupon if you ride the train. I bought RAGE this week at BB(opened) for my first game of the 5 I wanted...what to do.

Ok Josh... that Batman deal is just like you pouring salt water on my already gaping wound.... and then smother it some more with tabasco sauce...

I just visited the kmart store closest to my work place at lunch today to check up on Dark Souls for the PS3.... no go. No reply to email either. :(

[quote name='Healingduck']This may be a dumb question, but if I use the $20 coupon I got from Gears 3, will I still get the coupon from Batman AC?[/QUOTE]

Indeed, my friend.

[quote name='kingsnuff']finally on the coupon train. Picked up :360: 2K12 and Rage (surprised it was the Anarchy Edition didn't know it was one of those first print deals) I noticed Just Dance 3 wasn't in the cages, will there be a coupon for it on the 11th? I was gonna wait until Sunday to pick it up but my girlfriend can wait until Tuesday if needed.

EDIT: Anyone know what happens to your Gamestop preorders when you don't pick them up? K-mart will be getting my business for ALOT of the the releases this month I've got about 5 i need to cancel to date already.[/QUOTE]

First off, pre-ordering from Gamestop or any other store is generally dumb. Most stores will have plenty of copies and the whole BS from Gamestop about them "not having enough copies unless you pre-order" is just plain stupid. Ummm, they aren't the only store in the world that sells video games. Also, most of the "pre-order bonuses" aren't even worth anything and can be downloaded via DLC a few months later.

Now back to your question about not picking up pre-orders at Gamestop....why don't you just cancel your pre-orders so you don't have to worry about picking it up? Just cancel all your pre-orders and get your money back. (Assuming you haven't paid off any of the games yet). Problem solved.

This Batman deal is sweet! I can't wait to stroll into K-Mart and get Batman for FREE with my Rage, Dark Souls, and NBA 2K12 coupons. And yes, this does work. I remember going to my K-Mart and using coupons that added up to $60 and picked up LA Noire with it....the electronics guy had to give me back a penny, LOL. Also got the $20 coupon that came with LA Noire as well, I believe.

I also have the ICO/SOTC $15 coupon along with $15 bonus reward points from Rage, Dark Souls and NBA 2K12. Along with the $30 coupon from Batman, I can essentially get Battlefield 3 for free as well.

Battlefield 3 + BAC for FREE? GOD I LOVE K-MART!!!!

Not to mention there will most likely be another sweet coupon deal for Battlefield 3 as well!!!

Amazing Batman deal. I will be cancelling my BB preorder and going with KMart (even though free t-shirt offers rarely include XXL sizes).

FYI Josh - this stat doesn't come through on any reports, but I wanted to let you know that after I read about Batman, I went to straight KMart and bought Dark Souls. I was on the fence on it, but your Batman deal pushed me to start my coupon train early. You yanked a purchase away from BB, and inspired a purchase that I wasn't planning on making.

Keep up the good work.

[quote name='SYCOTICkidney']Will the stock be there for batman or is it something we need to be there early for?[/QUOTE]

We can only guess until Josh answers you, but with this great deal and all the hype around this game, I think it's safe to say they'll have greater quantities of Batman: AC than most other new releases.

Quick question that I am hoping someone can answer.

I purchased Dark Souls a few days ago from Kmart. I used a $20 gaming coupon on the game so I got it for $40+tax, and got another $20 gaming coupon. I was lucky enough to score the collector's edition of Dark Souls today, so I would like to take my Kmart copy back. What will end up happening with the coupon?

Will the new coupon remain active and I will get my $40+tax back, or will my old coupon become active again? Or would both coupons be void at that point? Just trying to see what my best course of action would be.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back