KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kingsnuff']im torn on Batman between this deal and the Walmart....leaning towards Kmarts deal. dealbreaker will be if Kmart will have the MW3 360 bundle. (Want to put my coupons towards that)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I never finished Arkham Asylum and figured I would re-acquire it one day, so the Wal-Mart seemed ideal. Having said that though realistically I won't be finishing it before playing Arkham City, so I can wait as long as needed to eventually get AA in the $10 range somewhere so I can take advantage of the K-Mart deal.

Plus, I'm a sucker for a free t-shirt. I actually wore my Mortal Kombat one for the very first time last night around the house and aside from my four year old trying to beat me up it was pretty comfy!

Spending $60 in coupons on BAC and strolling out with a free game! Plus, I will have the $30 coupon from BAC, $15 coupon from ICO/SOTC, and $15 bonus reward credits to get Battlefield 3 for free! Let's gooooo!

I had been off the train for a bit, but I just went out on my lunch break and picked up Rage and NBA 2K12. Figured I might as well come back with a bang, so getting $50 (2 x $20 coupons, $10 SYWR points) back on $120+tax seemed like as good a time as any.

So my plan would appear to be to use the $50 on Batman to get that killer $30 coupon, though what exactly that gets put toward has yet to be determined.

[quote name='EducAsian']Spending $60 in coupons on BAC and strolling out with a free game![/QUOTE] I'm sorry but this is not possible. Coupons have to be less than the total before tax. So you could use $55 in coupons and spend $5 plus tax

[quote name='JoeCamNet']On a side note, for those wondering about Forza LE numbers, I know my store is one of the stores carrying the LE and they have 3 copies of it. I'd imagine only 2-3 per store and not at every store either.[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, how did you find this out?

Just reporting back here: All is well now. I made a blind drive to one of the 3 kmart stores this morning while out getting gas. Lo and behold, there are 2 PS3 copies in the glass case! Coupon printed out properly without a hitch.

Disaster averted!

[quote name='chriscolbert']I had been off the train for a bit, but I just went out on my lunch break and picked up Rage and NBA 2K12. Figured I might as well come back with a bang, so getting $50 (2 x $20 coupons, $10 SYWR points) back on $120+tax seemed like as good a time as any.

So my plan would appear to be to use the $50 on Batman to get that killer $30 coupon, though what exactly that gets put toward has yet to be determined.[/QUOTE]

Friggin sweet! I forgot about the $10 bonus this week. Looks like Batman is gonna be $15 for me. (after using the train for Forza 4 and Just Dance 3)

[quote name='theyell0w']I'm sorry but this is not possible. Coupons have to be less than the total before tax. So you could use $55 in coupons and spend $5 plus tax[/QUOTE]

This same guy posted yesterday that he was able to do this with LA Noire, so who knows. Nobody else has ever had this work but he certainly has no reason to make this up, especially when he's the one that loses out if it doesn't work. While I wouldn't expect it to work that way again, he did mention that he has a $15 coupon as well, so worst case scenario he has to use a $20 + $20 + $15.

Damn Batman deal is insane, I definetely getting at K-Mart even thought I have enough credit to get it for free at either BB or Amazon.

I'm just wondering: Do you still get to keep the coupon even if you return the game (sealed with receipt)?

I'm really considering to get Batman as a surprise-gift to my friend with the $30 coupon, but there's a possibility he has it pre-ordered elsewhere.

[quote name='newtype06']I'm just wondering: Do you still get to keep the coupon even if you return the game (sealed with receipt)?

I'm really considering to get Batman as a surprise-gift to my friend with the $30 coupon, but there's a possibility he has it pre-ordered elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Just think about that for a second.

Rest assured, these deals wouldn't exist if that were possible.

[quote name='newtype06']I'm just wondering: Do you still get to keep the coupon even if you return the game (sealed with receipt)?

I'm really considering to get Batman as a surprise-gift to my friend with the $30 coupon, but there's a possibility he has it pre-ordered elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what chriscolbert said... likely if you returned the game without the coupon, you'd get $30 for the refund.

just came back with 60 in coupons and 15 in pts after spending 140 + 11 in pts for three games (forgot to grab the money lyin in the car :( )

edit: prob gonna cancel my BAC preorder. But how likely is it to get the shirt?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']just came back with 60 in coupons and 15 in pts after spending 140 + 11 in pts for three games (forgot to grab the money lyin in the car :( )

edit: prob gonna cancel my BAC preorder. But how likely is it to get the shirt?[/QUOTE]

YMMV. My store never seems to have the bonus items for games, whereas other people get them no problem. My opinion is that with a $30 coupon for an incredible game, I don't care about the shirt. Nice bonus but so what if I don't get it.

Offtopic question - if we have two SYWR cards (wife and I), is it possible to cancel one card and transfer all the points to the other card? We just want to use one card between us.

[quote name='coldstreakd']YMMV. My store never seems to have the bonus items for games, whereas other people get them no problem. My opinion is that with a $30 coupon for an incredible game, I don't care about the shirt. Nice bonus but so what if I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

i thought as much. my store seems to be pretty good wit stock (i havent missed out on a game, and i see a lot of recent games in stock.) they even sometimes know about the promotions so i guess we'll see. plus. i like having shit lie around the house :D

[quote name='theyell0w']Just out of curiosity, how did you find this out?[/QUOTE]

The lady at my store accidentally put the game out this past Tuesday until I told her it was for this coming week. There were 3 copies of the LE.

OP updated with the weekly ad for next week:

October 9th through the 15th:

:wii: Shop Your Way Rewards members only : Buy a Wii system for $149.99 and Just Dance 3 for $39.99, get $50 in gaming coupons:
* a $35 gaming coupon with purchase of Wii
* a $15 gaming coupon with purchase of Just Dance 3

Coupons valid from October 16 to November 23, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

:360: Buy a Kinect sensor for $149.99, get any Kinect-enabled game for 50% off.
Game and Kinect must be purchased together for discount.

Sale on these Wii games:
:wii: Just Dance Kids $19.99
:wii: The Smurfs Dance Party $19.99
:wii: Country Dance $29.99
:wii: Zumba Fitness $29.99

:wii: Wheel of Fortune $14.99
:wii: Barbie Jet, Set & Style $19.99
:wii: Phineas & Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension $19.99
:wii: Nicktoons MLB $19.99

I'm not sure if the coupons from the Wii and Just Dance 3 deal can be obtained individually. Hopefully Josh can clear that up.

[quote name='EducAsian']Spending $60 in coupons on BAC and strolling out with a free game! Plus, I will have the $30 coupon from BAC, $15 coupon from ICO/SOTC, and $15 bonus reward credits to get Battlefield 3 for free! Let's gooooo![/QUOTE]

[quote name='theyell0w']I'm sorry but this is not possible. Coupons have to be less than the total before tax. So you could use $55 in coupons and spend $5 plus tax[/QUOTE]

Actually, he's fine. If you look at the specifics, he's using only $45 in coupons and 15000 SYWR points. He's going to have to cover a penny less than the remaining tax, probably with whatever other SYWR points he has beyond the bonus ones, but nothing is going to bar him from using all that he described.

Although... no, I guess he is saying that he's trying to buy Arkham City itself fully with coupons. You're right, he just needs to shuffle things around and use the Ico coupon in place of a $20 one. Or hope that he lucks out like someone else reported. But the 15000 points can be easily split across both purchases, so long as they are used AFTER the coupons are applied.

[quote name='advanced']If it weren't for me being two games deep into the BB 5/100 deal, I'd be all over that Batman deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did the Math (only one game in for BB 5/100) and even if Josh gives $20 coupons for my 3rd, 4th and 5th game I would still be better off finishing my 5/100 with BB since I would get nothing right now for my RAGE preorder. I could buy more games but as of now I barely keep up and really do not need 7 new games in the next month. Great Great deal and if he was giving $30 for BF3, MW3, Skyrim or UC3 I would do it for sure but I doubt it happens...even if 2 of those games did I would change.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I did the Math (only one game in for BB 5/100) and even if Josh gives $20 coupons for my 3rd, 4th and 5th game I would still be better off finishing my 5/100 with BB since I would get nothing right now for my RAGE preorder. I could buy more games but as of now I barely keep up and really do not need 7 new games in the next month. Great Great deal and if he was giving $30 for BF3, MW3, Skyrim or UC3 I would do it for sure but I doubt it happens...even if 2 of those games did I would change.[/QUOTE]

I'm ahead of the deal with Madden and Gears costing me a total of $0, so I'll be getting three games I want for $95 after the deal, which I think is fan-fucking-tastic.

This is what everyone has been trying to tell me, but I know for a fact that at my specific store, it does work. I paid off LA Noire fully with $60 worth of coupons. The electronics guy even had to give me a penny back. He even called over the manager and the manager even said the transaction was done correctly. So I know it does work at my store and I won't be afraid to try again. Worst case scenario, I use $55 worth of coupons and cover the rest with my bonus SYWR money.

And to everyone who says this does not work....have you people actually TRIED to pay off a game fully with coupons? Or do you people just listen to what others have to say and believe it to be correct? It doesn't hurt to try something. Don't be afraid. It could be a YMMV type of thing. I kept hearing from people over and over again that it won't work but I decided to just try it anyways....and I walked out with a free LA Noire with an extra penny in my pocket as well.

Either way, I'm strolling out of K-Mart this month with a free Batman and free Battlefield 3 with my combination of coupons and bonus SYWR points.

Standing in line at kmart with one person in front of me , its been 20 mins... getting 2k12 to use gc on arkham city better be worth it ! Guy had to walk the game up to the front to get rung up :(

Why don't you do it and try it out for yourself. It wouldn't hurt. If you experiment with it and get first hand experience, then you know the answer for sure. Don't ever just listen to what someone has to say online. Do your own research as well.

Hmmmm... Sure liked the deals this week more! Wish Deus Ex would have stayed on sale so I could use a coupon I received for Dark Souls. Ah well...

[quote name='EducAsian']And to everyone who says this does not work....have you people actually TRIED to pay off a game fully with coupons?[/QUOTE]

Yes, during periods with several releases, people have tried and failed to pay entirely with coupons and come here to ask why it didn't work, always then being pointed to the exact coupon wording. It happens more often when trying to purchase a $19.99 game (or card) with a $20 coupon. Less often with multiple coupons toward one game as it would require a perfect scenario where someone didn't/couldn't use one coupon while earning the other.

Maybe this is something that is more likely to occur when more than one coupon is applied, but I wouldn't know from experience.

[quote name='EducAsian']This is what everyone has been trying to tell me, but I know for a fact that at my specific store, it does work. I paid off LA Noire fully with $60 worth of coupons. The electronics guy even had to give me a penny back. He even called over the manager and the manager even said the transaction was done correctly. So I know it does work at my store and I won't be afraid to try again. Worst case scenario, I use $55 worth of coupons and cover the rest with my bonus SYWR money.

And to everyone who says this does not work....have you people actually TRIED to pay off a game fully with coupons? Or do you people just listen to what others have to say and believe it to be correct? It doesn't hurt to try something. Don't be afraid. It could be a YMMV type of thing. I kept hearing from people over and over again that it won't work but I decided to just try it anyways....and I walked out with a free LA Noire with an extra penny in my pocket as well.

Either way, I'm strolling out of K-Mart this month with a free Batman and free Battlefield 3 with my combination of coupons and bonus SYWR points.[/QUOTE]
Just curious how you got away without paying tax. That's the real secret. I'd love to know how to buy merchandise at a store tax free. Not calling you a liar. Just saying the math is a bit fuzzy.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Just curious how you got away without paying tax. That's the real secret. I'd love to know how to buy merchandise at a store tax free. Not calling you a liar. Just saying the math is a bit fuzzy.[/QUOTE]
Idk about the rest of what he's saying, but I bought a few of the fallout new vegas coaster sets with a $5 coupon (they were $5 each) and it they would ring as $0.00 it didn't ask for any tax.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Just curious how you got away without paying tax. That's the real secret. I'd love to know how to buy merchandise at a store tax free. Not calling you a liar. Just saying the math is a bit fuzzy.[/QUOTE]

Well, from what I understand, gaming coupons are same as cash. However, gaming coupons work differently than a gift card. The gaming coupons subtract from the price of the item pre-tax...so for example, a $15 coupon applied to a $59.99 game would make the item $44.99 + tax. In my case, the $60 worth of coupons subtracted from a $59.99 game made it negative one penny on the store's part, thus they owed me one penny, and I don't have to pay any tax because I don't owe them anything.

That's the best way I can explain things. Let me know if you need further clarification.

[quote name='EducAsian']Well, from what I understand, gaming coupons are same as cash. However, gaming coupons work differently than a gift card. The gaming coupons subtract from the price of the item pre-tax...so for example, a $15 coupon applied to a $59.99 game would make the item $44.99 + tax. In my case, the $60 worth of coupons subtracted from a $59.99 game made it negative one penny on the store's part, thus they owed me one penny, and I don't have to pay any tax because I don't owe them anything.

That's the best way I can explain things. Let me know if you need further clarification.[/QUOTE]
That makes sense. Like I said not calling you a liar, I just know it doesn't work for me.

Just got back from returning Rage.

I had a small (but understandable) issue with the return.

When I bought Rage, I also bought Dark Souls -- which I kept. When I bought the two games I used two coupons, 1 was for $20 the other for $15. Now, I was hoping that I could return Rage (and the $20 coupon that cam with it) for the full $60, as the total savings from the two coupons I used were less than the total price of Dark Souls. Unfortunately, upon scanning the game, it only showed up as a $42.50 item, which was minus half of value of the coupons used on the original transaction.

The lady told me in lieu of the $42.50 return that I should keep the $20 gaming coupon that had come with Rage. This would actually benefit me, as the coupon is for $20, but I would have rather returned the coupon as well as the game in exchange for $60. I'm not blaming the lady working, as it's all very understandable.

My fear is that when I go to use the coupon that came with Rage it will not scan properly and I'll be out $17.50 even though I returned Rage.

Does SHC-Gamer have any insight into this return? Will my coupon still work?

The Batman deal is possibly the best deal in the history of ever. I'm a sucker for free shirts, can't wait to see what it looks like.

Does the Batman coupon kill any chance of a R&C:A4O coupon? My kid has a $35 GS gc but I've been holding off pre-ordering, partly bc a bonus that's already in the game is idiotic. And I always buy a lot of holiday gift games.

[quote name='rjejr']Does the Batman coupon kill any chance of a R&C:A4O coupon? My kid has a $35 GS gc but I've been holding off pre-ordering, partly bc a bonus that's already in the game is idiotic. And I always buy a lot of holiday gift games.[/QUOTE]

wat do u mean kill any chance of a coupon for r&c? do mean u wouldnt be able to get both? or that because BAC's coupon is so high R&C wouldnt get one? I think it's still gonna get one (iirc josh posted the games that would get a coupon? correct me if i'm wrong) but only based upon the sales josh is estimating it'll get and if he can convince his superiors.

[quote name='iggypop123']do i have to preorder batman to get the gc or not?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iggypop123']when does the batman gift card expire?[/QUOTE]

KMart does not presently have a preorder system. To receive the coupon, you simply must have a SYWR account as detailed in the OP.

There is no gift card. When people in this thread abbreviate "GC" they are referring to "gaming coupons" that can only be applied to purchases made in the gaming department. (A gift card, by contrast, would be usable anywhere in store and at Sears as well.)

The coupon will be valid beginning the following Sunday for 42 days. (October 23 - December 3 if I counted properly)

[quote name='Shurs']Just got back from returning Rage.

I had a small (but understandable) issue with the return.

When I bought Rage, I also bought Dark Souls -- which I kept. When I bought the two games I used two coupons, 1 was for $20 the other for $15. Now, I was hoping that I could return Rage (and the $20 coupon that cam with it) for the full $60, as the total savings from the two coupons I used were less than the total price of Dark Souls. Unfortunately, upon scanning the game, it only showed up as a $42.50 item, which was minus half of value of the coupons used on the original transaction.

The lady told me in lieu of the $42.50 return that I should keep the $20 gaming coupon that had come with Rage. This would actually benefit me, as the coupon is for $20, but I would have rather returned the coupon as well as the game in exchange for $60. I'm not blaming the lady working, as it's all very understandable.

My fear is that when I go to use the coupon that came with Rage it will not scan properly and I'll be out $17.50 even though I returned Rage.

Does SHC-Gamer have any insight into this return? Will my coupon still work?[/QUOTE]

Your coupon should work fine actually. Typically the coupon is subtracted from the amount you get back in most cases to prevent people from using it pre-return.

I am now officially on the coupon train for the first time! Just bought Dark Souls at the last minute and returned it to Best Buy with my BB receipt. Kinda sketchy, I know, but it was the only way I could do it this week!

Now to wait for Batman. :applause:

Will we know what stores will have MW3 Hardened edition? The fact that the $30 coupons can only be used in video game dep. makes me think twice picking this up.

[quote name='thanossurfer']Josh,

Just curious if we will receive a $20 gaming coupon when you purchase the Forza 3 Limited Edition for $79.99 as well?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

In the past, every collector's/limited/deluxe/hardened/softened/ultimate/extreme edition has always included the coupon as well, which you would think would be standard. I never understood Amazon's absurd practice of not including credit on those editions when you're spending more money.

[quote name='209chromatic']Will we know what stores will have MW3 Hardened edition? The fact that the $30 coupons can only be used in video game dep. makes me think twice picking this up.[/QUOTE]
They said not to count on Kmart to carry Collectors Editions and such. They will have a few but they're very limited so do not bank on Kmart for it.

Having said that is there really nothing else coming up you'd want? Saints Row is going to be bad ass...

[quote name='Tsel']Guess I'll be using my Batman coupon to pick up Skyrim for $30. Amazing.[/QUOTE]

That was my thought exactly. I can't wait to see what the shirt is too, this deal is fantastic. I need to find out what to do with my Amazon credit now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back