KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Batman shall be mine with that 30 dollar credit. You just got yourself a new customer Josh. You should be proud.

[quote name='ShockandAww']They said not to count on Kmart to carry Collectors Editions and such. They will have a few but they're very limited so do not bank on Kmart for it.

Having said that is there really nothing else coming up you'd want? Saints Row is going to be bad ass...[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of getting Skyrim but I won't have time for it till next year. By then the price should go down. My other option is to get Battlefield 3, I've been playing the beta and been liking it more and more.

I'll definitely be getting in on the BAC deal. I passed on the Ico/Shadow deal since I had RZ certs at BB. That actually worked out since I ended up getting Ico/Shadow for $9.99 and I still have a $10 cert coming.

My spending at Kmart has really gone down compared to last year due to a combination of self control and lack of interest in new releases. I was kind of tempted by Rage but I can see myself waiting for a sub-$25 price.

My coupon train for this year:

BAC
Skyrim
Saint's Row: The Third

Those, along with Fallout: New Vegas, should keep me busy for a while.

Josh, if you're reading this, thanks to these deals I've purchased every game this year from Kmart. Kudos to your strategy.

I picked up that NBA 2k 12 today Awesome. The game is way better than the Demo. I haven't heard Detlef schemps name in many moons. That was a great deal with the 20.00 coupon.

When I got Deus Ex at my local K-Mart, they did not include the free poster and said it did not come with it.My K-Mart is real disappointing in terms of personnel in the electronic section but with these gaming coupons I won't buy a game anywhere else.

I know it says dark souls +$20 gaming coupon expires today....anyone know if these deals actually expire or if they're just featured for the first week they are active?

I want to pick up dark souls, but didnt have time to get there today.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']I know it says dark souls +$20 gaming coupon expires today....anyone know if these deals actually expire or if they're just featured for the first week they are active?

I want to pick up dark souls, but didnt have time to get there today.[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, you missed out.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Can you combine SYWR points with a coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Give them the coupon first to scan, then just tell them you want to use the points on your card

[quote name='EducAsian']This is what everyone has been trying to tell me, but I know for a fact that at my specific store, it does work. I paid off LA Noire fully with $60 worth of coupons. The electronics guy even had to give me a penny back. He even called over the manager and the manager even said the transaction was done correctly. So I know it does work at my store and I won't be afraid to try again. Worst case scenario, I use $55 worth of coupons and cover the rest with my bonus SYWR money.

And to everyone who says this does not work....have you people actually TRIED to pay off a game fully with coupons? Or do you people just listen to what others have to say and believe it to be correct? It doesn't hurt to try something. Don't be afraid. It could be a YMMV type of thing. I kept hearing from people over and over again that it won't work but I decided to just try it anyways....and I walked out with a free LA Noire with an extra penny in my pocket as well.

Either way, I'm strolling out of K-Mart this month with a free Batman and free Battlefield 3 with my combination of coupons and bonus SYWR points.[/QUOTE]

I did not see anyone else post about this to you and I was just trying to give you a heads up. I have tried it before and it never worked at my store and I'm glad that it does work for you, that's awesome

...ditto on hopping on the coupon train for the first time! Would love to know what size the batman shirt will be? It always sucks when its a large or xl cause my bf is XXL and I'm a small. Don't care what it looks like...it'll be awesome.

[quote name='super_dawn']...ditto on hopping on the coupon train for the first time! Would love to know what size the batman shirt will be? It always sucks when its a large or xl cause my bf is XXL and I'm a small. Don't care what it looks like...it'll be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Think I might do the same. $30 is too good to pass up, and I could roll it into Uncharted 3 in November.

[quote name='super_dawn']...ditto on hopping on the coupon train for the first time! Would love to know what size the batman shirt will be? It always sucks when its a large or xl cause my bf is XXL and I'm a small. Don't care what it looks like...it'll be awesome.[/QUOTE]
It'd be hilarious if it's made out of like kevlar bi-weave with reinforced joints.

[quote name='kennedykougar']josh do u have any offers planned for kirby return to dreamland on 10/24?[/QUOTE]

I was just going to ask that since I noticed the game disappeared from the front page. It used to be there.

I’ve literally bought just about everything through KMART these last couple of months due to the insanely good and never ending gamer coupons, which just keep coming at every purchase.
Next week I’ll be nabbing Arkham City for 20 bucks off with my RAGE coupon while getting a 30 dollar coupon for my next purchase.

Seriously, my KMART might look like something out of a third world country (very old store) but I’d practically wade through sewage to get these types of deals.
Well done.

Question for Josh: Are we going to see any price drops on clearance titles soon? I remember you mentioned it sometime during the summer that our next wave of drops was going to be in October.

Dunno if this has been covered lately because I don't frequent this thread as much as some others do, but apologies if it has. There's also nothing in the OP that seems to answer my question.

[quote name='dude819']I went to 3 different Kmarts and couldn't get NBA2K12. Was that deal over yesterday or does it keep going?[/QUOTE]

The deal for the $20 gaming coupon for NBA 2k12 ended yesterday unfortunately.

[quote name='mjoa123']Buy Batman AC and get $30? WOW. That means I can finally pick up Batman AA! :) Thanks Josh you're the shizznet.[/QUOTE]

And a free shirt! That deal sounds amazing, I was going to skip this game and pick it up later but now I might as well buy it new on release day.

[quote name='Mugatu']And a free shirt! That deal sounds amazing, I was going to skip this game and pick it up later but now I might as well buy it new on release day.[/QUOTE]

I don't really care for the shirt.. but I wouldn't say no. :p Anyone know what it looks like?

[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']

Seriously, my KMART might look like something out of a third world country (very old store) but I’d practically wade through sewage to get these types of deals.
Well done.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you've never left your small corner of the world lol, the "Third World Country" has shopping centers that would gladly go against 5th and Madison (Ave), and plenty of "Third World" citizens who'd never dare set foot in an american city (Detroit I'm looking at you).

Have to say though, that's an amazing deal, free B:AC with coupons+rewards points. Now lets hope they dont sell out before 9:30am

First, K-Mart can't be bothered to stock the CE in stores. Now, to rub salt in the wound, you announce the best offer out there for the edition that you will stock? What a kick in the teeth! I guess this is what customer loyalty gets you these days. Thanks a lot, Josh!

question: just joined your reward program and i wanna know in order to get the coupons do i need to preorder the games, or i can just go to the store and buy the game during the week of the promotion? thx in advance for the help

Kmart really has an awesome deal on new releases from time to time. I've never seen a 30 dollar credit before. When LA Noire came out, they had a 20 dollar credit AND a free 20 dollar game.

[quote name='kyo_andy']question: just joined your reward program and i wanna know in order to get the coupons do i need to preorder the games, or i can just go to the store and buy the game during the week of the promotion? thx in advance for the help[/QUOTE]

K-Mart doesn't do pre-orders of any kind. It's really as simple as just making sure they use your SYWR card or phone number when checking out. The coupon will be at the end of the receipt.

[quote name='mjoa123']How is 2k12?[/QUOTE]

Awesome In my initial impressions. The overall gameplay is tightened as well as the crowd and the announcing. Way better than the demo IMO. When you play classics you get the same commentary Hersey hawkins ,Shawn Kemp. The 20 dollar kick back was a deal. There are also multiple covers Bird,Jordan and Magic.

I didn't think last year could be topped thet play on slamming the lid on EA live. LOL.

[quote name='brentcaldwell1']First, K-Mart can't be bothered to stock the CE in stores. Now, to rub salt in the wound, you announce the best offer out there for the edition that you will stock? What a kick in the teeth! I guess this is what customer loyalty gets you these days. Thanks a lot, Josh![/QUOTE]

When 99% of Kmarts never sell the collector's editions they do get even with deals, its hard to blame them for not wanting to clog inventory space with items that will never move (and costs them money in the end). Toysrus, Walmart, and Target hardly stock CEs for most games as well for the same reason.

I notice that the PC version of Battlefield 3 is not indicated on the release list. I do recall someone mentioning that Kmart would not carry PC versions where the console versions were the "main" version. From all indications by the developers, the console versions of BF3 are hardly the main or definitive versions by any stretch of the imagination. Will the PC version really be left out, or is that just an accidental omission?

Edit: Ah, I see the wording was "primary" and right below the release schedule. However, the point still stands that the console ports of BF3 are hardly the primary release.

[quote name='chriscolbert']K-Mart doesn't do pre-orders of any kind. It's really as simple as just making sure they use your SYWR card or phone number when checking out. The coupon will be at the end of the receipt.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the prompt reply! i'll get dr2otr this tuesday and then batman on the 18th! thx again

[quote name='rawrker']When 99% of Kmarts never sell the collector's editions they do get even with deals, its hard to blame them for not wanting to clog inventory space with items that will never move (and costs them money in the end). Toysrus, Walmart, and Target hardly stock CEs for most games as well for the same reason.[/QUOTE]

I know I went a bit overboard in my response. I'm just angry that I waited for K-Mart's deal only to end up with this. Being able to get the attention of someone in power like Josh made me forget that I'm still dealing with a corporation. I've done well with K-Mart, and I like giving them my business. If K-Mart is unwilling to stock in store, they could have done something online. Instead, I just have to go somewhere else. This is just a reminder of how far behind K-Mart really is in spite of the excellent deals that can be found there.

Lost in all this Batman deal talk is the fact that Dead Rising 2 OTR got a pretty sweet deal. It may not be at the level of B:AC, but $15 on a $40 release is really nice.

[quote name='SuperMario64']Oh wow, if I get the $30 coupon and use it for another Batman, does it print out another coupon?[/QUOTE]

Coupons aren't active until the following Sunday, when the deal is over. So no, this is purposefully not possible.

The coupon won't be applicable until the following Sunday, thus that won't be possible. As per the coupon train nickname though, you can use it on following releases that have coupons, carrying those coupons forward to later new releases with coupons, and so on.

[quote name='DarthWoo']I notice that the PC version of Battlefield 3 is not indicated on the release list. I do recall someone mentioning that Kmart would not carry PC versions where the console versions were the "main" version. From all indications by the developers, the console versions of BF3 are hardly the main or definitive versions by any stretch of the imagination. Will the PC version really be left out, or is that just an accidental omission?

Edit: Ah, I see the wording was "primary" and right below the release schedule. However, the point still stands that the console ports of BF3 are hardly the primary release.[/QUOTE]

I think what he meant by "primary" was if the game was going to be a PC exclusive. Josh has said PC gaming is a tricky business to get into with the prevalence of digital downloads. So while the console versions of BF3 might not be the "superior" version they are a much safer retail gamble for KMart.

A reply from Stock Boy about PC games:

Saw a few people asking about PC. Kmart will not be carrying the PC version of any release where the primary version is PS3 and 360. If it is something like Star Wars Old Republic or Diablo we'll carry it.

It's really tough to sell PC (at least at Kmart). For example, if we were going to sell 100,000 of Modern Warfare 3 on 360 we would only sell about 1000 on PC. That being said, we will have some hot sales on past PC titles this holiday.

Hey does anybody know if Kmart is going to be carrying the new wireless speed wheel for the 360? I want to use my Forza 4 coupon on it if its gonna be carried in the store. If Josh or anyone else knows this I'd be glad to know to plan my coupon use out. Thanks

[quote name='SuperMario64']Oh wow, if I get the $30 coupon and use it for another Batman, does it print out another coupon?[/QUOTE]

1269863553_surprise-inflatable-ball.gif

NO

Yes, then you can buy all 10 in your store and sell them and make mucho profito. Then no one else can participate but who cares!

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Yes, then you can buy all 10 in your store and sell them and make mucho profito. Then no one else can participate but who cares![/QUOTE]

Technically, you could not but another Batman because the $30 coupon will not be good until the following Sunday when the deal will be done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back