KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Kmart's not getting the Skyward Sword bundle, it would be neat if there could be an offer like buy the game, get $20 coupon and maybe 25% off a Motion Plus controller. It's pretty close to Black Friday anyway, so it wouldn't seem like such an outlandish deal.

[quote name='berzirk']....and a fail. The employee apparently decided not to hold a copy for me, which I discovered after driving 20 miles after work. Doh. The employees on that shift were incredibly helpful and searched high and low, but after about 35 minutes...no luck. 40 minute round trip to pick up a held game that wasn't actually held, then 30-minutes in the store waiting while they checked, and I got to drive home gameless. That was a wee bit frustrating.

Emailed Josh and co. to see if they have any remedies they can offer. We shall see![/QUOTE]

...And complete success. Mark from Kmart emailed me back and took care of it all. Everybody, seriously, buy your games from Kmart. Great service, great deals. Best in the biz.

[quote name='Josh5890']EA shot themselves in the foot badly by releasing a beta from a 3 1/2 month old build a month before release. EA admitted that it was the PC Alpha from June, except they poorted it to the consoles. Read some previews, the game as it stands now is great. It looks worthy of a day 1 release. EA just released the beta at a terrible time and that will hurt sales to a degree.[/QUOTE]

yeah it was really stupid. Although dice seems to have a problem with the whole way people receive betas. im gonna paraphrase but i was something along the lines we are going to release a working title with bugs so you can give us some feedback but know its not ready yet, and fans go nuts with its bugs.
Its good that articles suggest its closer to bc2 and they seem to have a handle for the bugs. sucks that consoles are still the inferior versions but what can you do.

[quote name='atlantis']You're probably in the minority, sure I've bought a few things on the side here and there but there is nothing that will ever pull me back into a Kmart store after this is said and done. It's not Josh's fault, some of these stores are just so poorly managed it's impossible to return.[/QUOTE]

Josh is able to get me to keep giving them "one more chance" after I keep saying "never again". The Arkham City deal got me to drive to K-Mart today since I was interested in a couple of new releases and figured if they happened to be there I could use the coupons on Arkham City next week.

I can't say it was an overall sucsessful trip, although I did get the #1 game I went there for. There was one copy of Ace Combat for the PS3, so I grabbed that. No Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, though, which is what would've made the trip worthwhile (otherwise, I saved very little over Amazon after tax + the drive). I didn't even see space cleared for it in the display case. They did have Forza, but no LEs - not that I was expecting to see any LEs there. At least the regular version was already put out. They even had that Once Upon a Monster game! But, no Dead Rising....

I just have to hope this ride on the coupon train has more success since I plan on turning over coupons on two big titles (Batman: AC and Battlefield 3).

I'd still like to know if these games are supposed to be in stock and available at 8am on release day or if they could arrive any time during that day. Not sure if I should be getting there when they open or showing up later in the day. Given how few copies of Ace Combat they got, it seems like I was almost too late by getting there around noon. I would guess that Batman:AC and Battlefield would be shipped to stores early so they'd be available first thing in the morning on street date?

[quote name='atlantis']You're probably in the minority, sure I've bought a few things on the side here and there but there is nothing that will ever pull me back into a Kmart store after this is said and done. It's not Josh's fault, some of these stores are just so poorly managed it's impossible to return.[/QUOTE]

I walked in picked up a collectors edition Woo hoo. The guy said there were plenty in. I suggest you scope out the stores that are better managed. That is what I did. I have them graded and in order.

I know the stores that will have the stuff out and ready and usually the employee is long term. In this case an older man. versus the ones that seem to start stocking in the morning.

That really helps.

Any word on a Spyro deal this weekend? My kids are going bananas for that game and while it looks like a lot of fun, those additional boosters are crazy expensive!

For anyone that's picked it up already, can you tell if Dead Rising 2 Off the Record has offline and/or split screen co op? Would be nice, but it's looking doubtful. I'm thinking of picking it up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were heavily discounted very quickly.

Went to go pick up forza and saw the limited edition so decides to get it. Was surprised because it seems like Amazon and best buy barely got any. Oh well, I really just got it for the packaging. First LE I've gotten at launch in a long while, I think since halo 3...Anyways, got that and ace combat hassle free used $60 in coupons and $22 in sywr credit from last week. Walked out feeling good about myself. Thanks Josh!

[quote name='gepet0']I walked in picked up a collectors edition Woo hoo. The guy said there were plenty in. I suggest you scope out the stores that are better managed. That is what I did. I have them graded and in order.

I know the stores that will have the stuff out and ready and usually the employee is long term. In this case an older man. versus the ones that seem to start stocking in the morning.

That really helps.[/QUOTE]

Some of us only have one Kmart in town, if that.

Josh (or anybody who would know), will Kmart be getting the limited edition of BF3 that has the back to karkland pack or is it pretty much a "pre-order" thing or just the original first run copies?

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']Josh (or anybody who would know), will Kmart be getting the limited edition of BF3 that has the back to karkland pack or is it pretty much a "pre-order" thing or just the original first run copies?[/QUOTE]
It will be included in a portion of launch shipments. Every store will receive a limited amount.

[quote name='Yuckmouth']Any word on a Spyro deal this weekend? My kids are going bananas for that game and while it looks like a lot of fun, those additional boosters are crazy expensive![/QUOTE]
No launch deal for Spyro but expect multiple deals through holiday.

[quote name='Josh5890']EA shot themselves in the foot badly by releasing a beta from a 3 1/2 month old build a month before release. EA admitted that it was the PC Alpha from June, except they poorted it to the consoles. Read some previews, the game as it stands now is great. It looks worthy of a day 1 release. EA just released the beta at a terrible time and that will hurt sales to a degree.[/QUOTE]
Great info today from EA, a more advanced build has been previewed by select individuals and the feedback has been very positive on the experience. Saw some great quotes today.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It will be included in a portion of launch shipments. Every store will receive a limited amount.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response, Josh.
One more real quick, these holiday deals, how aggressive will they be compared to these launch week deals?Batman being a baseline rated as omfgwtfbbqamazing.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Great info today from EA, a more advanced build has been previewed by select individuals and the feedback has been very positive on the experience. Saw some great quotes today.[/QUOTE]

Care to comment at all on Battlefield 3 deal?;)

[quote name='JEKKI']aww my store didn't have Forza LE...

oh well!! Good thing I ordered a backup elsewhere!![/QUOTE]

Not having the LE is better than the store not knowing what Forza even is. I wasted my lunch waiting for the employees to plod about the floor and look through the stacks of games that have been collecting dust since at least Spring 2010 and tell me "Umm.. we don't have it".

I wasted my lunch going out with these shenanigans.

Store Info:

Kmart
704 West Lancaster Ave
Strafford Wayne,PA 19087

Phone: (610)687-8090

And the KMart site says that it's in stock..... wonderful

[quote name='BigDirty']Not having the LE is better than the store not knowing what Forza even is. I wasted my lunch waiting for the employees to plod about the floor and look through the stacks of games that have been collecting dust since at least Spring 2010 and tell me "Umm.. we don't have it".

I wasted my lunch going out with these shenanigans.

Store Info:

Kmart
704 West Lancaster Ave
Strafford Wayne,PA 19087

Phone: (610)687-8090

And the KMart site says that it's in stock..... wonderful[/QUOTE]

Dont you love it when the costumer is more knowledgeable about electronics than the electronics staff

[quote name='atlantis']Dont you love it when the costumer is more knowledgeable about electronics than the electronics staff[/QUOTE]

I actually had a time when a mother asked me about Wii accessories because the worker was clueless
it was at a Target though.

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']Thanks for the quick response, Josh.
One more real quick, these holiday deals, how aggressive will they be compared to these launch week deals?Batman being a baseline rated as omfgwtfbbqamazing.[/QUOTE]
Battlefield will be good but Batman offer was special :)

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']30 dollar coupon for Batman...I wish I wouldn't have pre-ordered it at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

...so then cancel it or transfer it to something else?

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']That's the problem...I don't know what the next 30 dollar coupon game will be, or what anything is worth.[/QUOTE]

Expert trolling. Altanis would be proud.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']No launch deal for Spyro but expect multiple deals through holiday.[/QUOTE]

Hey Josh

1. When do the resistance 3 coupons expire?
2. Is there a price drop on dead space 2?

THANKS! :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Wow.. are coupons working online now??? Very curious..

Edit: Forza 4 is tagged with a "$20 Coupon" as well in the special offers section.. is this new or am I just not very observant?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It will be included in a portion of launch shipments. Every store will receive a limited amount.[/QUOTE]

How limited are we talking? In other words, should I pre-order from Amazon to get myself a copy or would I probably get a copy at Kmart?

[quote name='spree4567']How limited are we talking? In other words, should I pre-order from Amazon to get myself a copy or would I probably get a copy at Kmart?[/QUOTE]

If you REALLY want a copy of a limited ed. you should plan to pre-order it somewhere else. That's what the official statement is on the first page from stock boy.

So yeah, don't walk in with high expectations.

[quote name='atlantis']If you REALLY want a copy of a limited ed. you should plan to pre-order it somewhere else. That's what the official statement is on the first page from stock boy.

So yeah, don't walk in with high expectations.[/QUOTE]

Normally I wouldn't but typically EA's limited editions have been the whole first printing of the game, like Crysis 2 or Need for Speed. Looks like that is different here.

[quote name='GBAstar']Wow.. are coupons working online now??? Very curious..

Edit: Forza 4 is tagged with a "$20 Coupon" as well in the special offers section.. is this new or am I just not very observant?[/QUOTE]
Very observant. :)

[quote name='spree4567']Normally I wouldn't but typically EA's limited editions have been the whole first printing of the game, like Crysis 2 or Need for Speed. Looks like that is different here.[/QUOTE]

"Enhanced" editions seem to be pretty common in stock at Kmart. I got the extra stuff for both Bulletstorm and the Rage Anarchy edition which included some nice bonus stuff.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Very observant. :)[/QUOTE]

How do these work Josh? are they tied to you e-mail address? Is it a "unique" code that you enter during checkout on your next qualify purchase during the promotion?

Details on the online coupons (from Kmart.com):
Buy this game.. Get a $20 gaming coupon on your next video game purchase. See details Offer ends 15-Oct-2011.

Namco Ace Combat for Horizon PS3 or Xbox 360 or Microsoft Forza Motorsports 4 Step One: Register on Kmart.com. Already registered? Just login. Step Two: Purchase a qualifying item from 10/11 - 10/15 Step Three: From 10/19 to 12/14 we'll attach a coupon to your profile that will appear in your cart for your next video game purchase during the redemption time period. You'll need at least 1 item for the coupon amount in your cart for the coupon discount to apply. Program terms are subject to change at any time. You must have an existing profile or have created a new profile when you make the purchase otherwise you will not be eligible for the gaming coupon. If you sign in as a guest, you will not be eligible for the gaming coupon. Gaming coupon cannot be used on Sale and Clearance Items. Offer good through 15-Oct-2011

Oh I'd be thrilled if this whole couponing system worked online now! There aren't any K-Marts in San Francisco proper, so I've sat here with envy while you cats raked in the great deals.

Does anyone know what their standard shipping speed usually clocks in at?

Good job on getting the coupons online, man! I'll look forward to purchasing from KMart.com when I'm done with the BB 5/100 deal!

Awesome news is awesome!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

how long till all new releases get coupons online as well!!,???

thanks! one step in the right direction and most people will love this and buy from kmart again!

I was able to pickup Forza today. At first the cashier tried to ring up F1 2010 because she thought it was the same game. After explaining it was released today she rumbled through a cart full of boxes and came up with a bubble mailer. 2 copies of the game in the store.

Went into to KMart earlier to try and get Forza. The game was on the shelf but when I went to purchase it the SYWR program was down according to the employee. He told me I could enter my receipt later to get the points but I told him I wasn't interested in the points but the coupon that would print when I used SYWR. Going to try again later. Very annoying though that I have to make multiple trips to pick up the game.

The associate did have all the games on the shelf but didn't know about the promotions. When I told him about the Batman promo he said, "I might cancel my Gamestop preorder."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back