KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kain']Once again, Josh, the K-Mart in Latham, NY was an exercise in incompetence. Showed up at 5:20 for the PS3 version of Dead Rising 2: Off The Record. Not a single one of today's new releases was on the shelf. I went to the cashier and she recognized me from when I came in looking for Dead Island 2 a couple weeks ago and also went away empty handed. I told her I was looking for a game and that it wasn't on the shelf. She started flipping through the ad to see what it looked like. Turned out it was a copy of last week's ad. She found this week's copy, saw what it looked like and went to find it in back. She came back a while later and said there were no copies in back and that the manager said "maybe they were put out earlier and have all sold out." Then told me if I wanted to talk to the electronic department's manager, I could call the following day.

I went to the front desk and told them I was trying to find a game that just came out that day and that it wasn't in back. That there were no new releases at all in back and that it's like this every freakin' Tuesday I come in. She called the manager who said she'd look in the "cage" in back. After a while, she calls back to see how the manager made out. The manager told her she couldn't find any and that they probably sold out and maybe I should try back the following day incase they find them tomorrow. The woman at the front desk said she'd call the next closest one (which is a 20 minute drive away in the opposite direction.)

I mean, every freakin' time I go into the Latham store starting all the way back to the Fallout: New Vegas coasters. Nine out of 10 times, they never have anything out and are usually never able to find anything. Are they trying to be that incompetent or does it just come naturally?[/QUOTE]

Kmart stores vary quite a bit, some are great and some are awful. The one store by me is horrendous and I'd say that 8/10 times I go for something specific I come out empty handed. I've had plenty of talking to manager experiences much like you have and it never gets any better. It's certainly nothing against Josh because frankly if it wasn't for him I'd never set foot in a Kmart again. Unfortunately you can't revive a store that refuses to do anything differently and where incompetence is allowed to run rampant. My advise is to find a branch that has releases on release day and stick with that. If there aren't any locations like that around you, you are better off shopping elsewhere.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Yes Josh. This is a deal that is irresistable!!!!! Even if someone was on the fence, that deal is too good to pass up! I hope, I pray (just to make it today)-sorry bad ref, that kmart in my area has plenty of copies. I would think with a deal like this a TON of copies would be ordered so stock is plentiful everywhere, and plenty of tshirts? I hate amazon forums because it is the same dumb d*s that flame and bash consoles, but I noticed kmart was mentioned as the best deal for batman. Makes amazons 10 dollar credit look just goofy. You and your crew rock Josh![/QUOTE]
Not to rain on the parade but there may be an issue with the shipping from Warner on the T-Shirts, I am working on it but I'll keep everyone updated.

[quote name='PilotPSK']Kmart stores vary quite a bit, some are great and some are awful. The one store by me is horrendous and I'd say that 8/10 times I go for something specific I come out empty handed. I've had plenty of talking to manager experiences much like you have and it never gets any better. It's certainly nothing against Josh because frankly if it wasn't for him I'd never set foot in a Kmart again. Unfortunately you can't revive a store that refuses to do anything differently and where incompetence is allowed to run rampant. My advise is to find a branch that has releases on release day and stick with that. If there aren't any locations like that around you, you are better off shopping elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
They do quite a bit unfortuantely, and some will improve and revert to bad habits. If they cannot give you a good experience we don't deserve your business. Its more important to me that you guys get a game without hassle than shopping with us.

That said, it does seem so far that the online coupon for Ace Combat is working, that's a good sign for the future.

Saw the note about cross functionality on the coupons and yes that is part of the initial request I put in but probably won't come until 2012. We demanded that at least we get something up though which is why we could see coupons for online only if Ace goes smoothily.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']shc gamer, im sorry for bringing this up but i recently lost my father and it was very emotional time for all my family. I used to come on cag now and then but havent in a while. I know you lost your dad this year and i just want to say once again, thanks for all the hard work you continue to do. this batman deal seems fantastic. I will definately be buying it from you. Also, any word on when youll be bringing back the buy $120 get $60 coupons. I always love that deal.[/QUOTE]
Sorry to hear about your loss, it is never easy to go through something like that.

Yes, that special offer will come back this year once. I can't specify the date yet.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Yes it does.

To Josh. With this whole online coupon system apparently starting up slowly, is there any chance of us using our print out coupons for an online game? I see that Kmart.com offers the Arkham City Limited Edition. Any chance of that game online having the coupon offer? If so, is there any way to use THAT coupon in a store?
Or will this eventually be an online coupons for online only and print coupons in store only?
If I can cancel my Batman LE from Amazon and get it from you instead online, you know I will do it.[/QUOTE]
The offer for Batman is just too big to test on .com next week. I need to see one title through its paces before things get crazy.

[quote name='PilotPSK']My advise is to find a branch that has releases on release day and stick with that. If there aren't any locations like that around you, you are better off shopping elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm fine at shopping at the K-Mart 10 minutes from my job, even if I have to get stuck in the Northway traffic afterwards, I just think something needs to be done to straighten out these incompetent stores. And since Josh wanted feedback on our experiences, I'm hoping something can be done from up above.

I was talking to the Electronics manager at the store near my work and said how there's always someone in the Electronic department when I go to that store but that I have to usually go to the front desk at Latham to get them to send someone down to Electronics. And the guy said he's always there now because that particular store came in last in the region, so it was handed down from way up above that someone always had to be back there. Which shocked me because that store is always a good experience and I would have guessed Latham to be the worst in the region.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The offer for Batman is just too big to test on .com next week. I need to see one title through its paces before things get crazy.[/QUOTE]

All good. Didn't get my hopes up too high since you said online coupons wouldn't be happening at all. Would've been awesome if I could've gotten the Batman LE from you guys, but I'll just have to keep my Amazon order.
Hopefully things will progress and I can get some LE's from later in the year from you guys. Shame I won't be able to pick them up from Gail in store, she's awesome, but I'll take it however I can get to get from you instead of from elsewhere.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes, that special offer will come back this year once. I can't specify the date yet.[/QUOTE]

Some people complained about the .02 threshold when they buy 2 $59.99 games, so I'm presuming that you'll knock off $10 for a $20 XBLA/PSN card or has that been fixed?

Anybody who complained about that 2 cents is an idiot who doesn't grasp basic math.
$119.98 does not equal $120. It is not the fault of Kmart if people doesn't understand that fact and get pissy about it.
I hope the deal doesn't change at all.

Josh, do you have a firmer date on when the PS3 system deal will be offered? I knnow before you said either end of October or early November.

[quote name='jkircos']Josh, do you have a firmer date on when the PS3 system deal will be offered? I knnow before you said either end of October or early November.[/QUOTE]My reply (if he had said the beginning of November): (head explodes)

[quote name='DarkRider23']Maybe they really just don't get the games in on Tuesdays? That could be it, but I don't know. Every store in NJ is pretty damn good. I never have any problems around here.[/QUOTE]

I have only recently begun to purchase my games at Kmart (thank you CAG!) and even though the sales associate had to get them from the stockroom, my store had both NHL 12 and Dead Rising 2: Off The Record on release day. I even got my gaming coupons with no problems. I am loving Kmart!!!!!:bow:

I had to change the offer on Batman for the Tshirt. Warner had a big shipping snafu and won't be able to get us them on time or to all stores. I've added a $5 coupon towards War in the North to compensate. Kinda bummed about it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not to rain on the parade but there may be an issue with the shipping from Warner on the T-Shirts, I am working on it but I'll keep everyone updated.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's a bummer....I knew the deal was too good to be true....K-Mart usually never comes through with special items like T-shirts, posters, etc. But oh well, the $30 coupon is still good enough :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I had to change the offer on Batman for the Tshirt. Warner had a big shipping snafu and won't be able to get us them on time or to all stores. I've added a $5 coupon towards War in the North to compensate. Kinda bummed about it.[/QUOTE]

Huh? That's a random game, lol. If that is the compensation, then it makes me think that the T-Shirt was most likely low quality anyways?

[quote name='EducAsian']Huh? That's a random game, lol. If that is the compensation, then it makes me think that the T-Shirt was most likely low quality anyways?[/QUOTE]
It's a Warner game and the budget we had to play with it was the only play left.

[quote name='EducAsian']Huh? That's a random game, lol. If that is the compensation, then it makes me think that the T-Shirt was most likely low quality anyways?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's a Warner game and the budget we had to play with it was the only play left.[/QUOTE]

If this was a game you were looking to get then it is great. If not, the $30 coupon is STILL better than any other offer. I am not broken up about a t-shirt. Any chance they will still be available for purchase at some point? Maybe at a discounted price?

[quote name='EducAsian']Damn, that's a bummer....I knew the deal was too good to be true....K-Mart usually never comes through with special items like T-shirts, posters, etc. But oh well, the $30 coupon is still good enough :)[/QUOTE]
Wasn't us on this one or the stores. Warner ran into serious logistical problems with them.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I had to change the offer on Batman for the Tshirt. Warner had a big shipping snafu and won't be able to get us them on time or to all stores. I've added a $5 coupon towards War in the North to compensate. Kinda bummed about it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, guess the shirt's worth $5? Anyways, the $30 gc is still awesome. I'm still going to get it

[quote name='DaBoltz']Wow, guess the shirt's worth $5? Anyways, the $30 gc is still awesome. I'm still going to get it[/QUOTE]

Heck most tee-shirts can be made for less than $2:lol:

Still a great deal Josh, we appreciate the work you do!

Any chance you can post a pic of what the shirt looked like? Then I could convince myself I'd probably never wear it in public anyway... ;)

bummed out on the tee shirt and also that kmart wont be carrying the LE of batman. probably will still get it for that damn $30 dollar coupon lol

Will the $5 War in the North coupon stack with the $30 Arkham City coupon?

Because my strategy on releases going forward was:
Arkham City
War in the North
MGS:HD Collection
Ultimate Marvel V. Capcom

[quote name='Drek']Will the $5 War in the North coupon stack with the $30 Arkham City coupon?

Because my strategy on releases going forward was:
Arkham City
War in the North
MGS:HD Collection
Ultimate Marvel V. Capcom[/QUOTE]
Yes, it will stack.

That batman deal is amazing. Still on the fence about war in the north. The $5 off is tempting me into getting the game. I might pick up lotr:war in the north if there is a $20 coupon.

Shoot! Wish it could be used on anything. I really wasn't pumped for LOTR. However, that $30, is still fantastic! Any news on what the Battlefield promo will be?

As amazing as that Batman deal is...I'm gonna stick with my Amazon CE pre-order at $60 with release date shipping. Really awesome deal though for everyone else, I'll be encouraging my friends to get it at Kmart

Will there be enough copies of Batman on the 18th? Simply asking this since this'll be my first time to shop at Kmart on the 18th as soon as it opens (8am).

[quote name='newtype06']Will there be enough copies of Batman on the 18th? Simply asking this since this'll be my first time to shop at Kmart on the 18th as soon as it opens (8am).[/QUOTE]

I think it's safe to assume there will be more Batman stock than most other games Kmart has been getting lately. Whether "more than other games" equals "enough," we'll have to wait and see. But if you're there at 8 AM, I don't think you'll have to worry about them being sold out already. You just have to hope they have competent employees who know where the new release games are if they aren't on the shelf yet.

I'd hate to be the chump that Josh takes all his anger out on for this one (you know it'll be stockboy)

[quote name='cjtiger300']Is the $30 credit immediate, or only good towards future purchases?[/QUOTE]

It's a coupon that will print after your receipt. You can't use it until the following Sunday, October 23rd.

So at first the deal was ridiculous when it was 30 dollars + a T-Shirt that my wife would probably sneak into the cleaning rag box at the first chance. Then it was a 5 dollar coupon for a game that is already getting a coupon. Now it's a 10 dollar coupon for that game. This deal is getting freaking crazy.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I was able to move it up to $10.[/QUOTE]

$10 now! Damn,looks like I might have to pick up lotr if it's $49.99 with a $15-20 coupon

takemymoney.gif

I'm a little disappointed that the t-shirt won't be happening, but I don't think the odds were great that my store would have supplied me with one anyway. And I won't be buying War in the North, but the $30 deal is still the best out there.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's a Warner game and the budget we had to play with it was the only play left.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, makes sense now.

Kinda wish that the gaming coupon for BAC was increased to $40 instead of the $10 LOTR coupon....(LOTR games are usually very weak). However, I kind of understand the logistics of the whole situation....

[quote name='LouieT']New Save Game post was put up. I already updated the OP with the deals for next week.

The new Spyro and Layton games aren't getting coupons next week?[/QUOTE]

Josh already said Spyro won't be getting a launch deal, I hope Layton is still getting one because I was planning to pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back