KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
How many gaming coupons can you stack? Because if there is no limit, you could get War in the North free after buying Batman and Ratchet & Clank.

o_O i was pretty much in after the 5 dollar coupon for lotr but now its 10? nicee. i was actually really lookin forward to it. been hearin some good things about it (not great but good lol)

[quote name='spatenfloot']How many gaming coupons can you stack? Because if there is no limit, you could get War in the North free after buying Batman and Ratchet & Clank.[/QUOTE]

You can stack coupons as long as they are not the same barcode.

[quote name='spatenfloot']How many gaming coupons can you stack? Because if there is no limit, you could get War in the North free after buying Batman and Ratchet & Clank.[/QUOTE]
They do stack and there is no limit and no you can't do that because it's more in coupons than the cost of war in the north...

[quote name='unknownthreat']$10 now! Damn,looks like I might have to pick up lotr if it's $49.99 with a $15-20 coupon

takemymoney.gif[/QUOTE]

LOTR will come with a $20 coupon.

[quote name='Xellos2099']man i am debating batman at kmart or toyrus lol[/QUOTE]

TRU actually doing something remotely worthwhile?

TRU did Arkham Asylum $30 GC... surprised they didnt do it again. That is where Josh got the idea from in the first place.

I went back today and got my Dead Rising no problem. Bring on the Batman~

[quote name='DerClaw']They do stack and there is no limit and no you can't do that because it's more in coupons than the cost of war in the north...[/QUOTE]

Yes he can stack it and yes he can use $60 worth of coupons on a $59.99 game. I have tried it. The store will just owe him a penny. Even the store manager confirmed that the transaction was done correctly. That's how I strolled into K-Mart and walked away with LA Noire completely free with $60 worth of coupons....plus an extra penny in my pocket, lol.

[quote name='EducAsian']Yes he can stack it and yes he can use $60 worth of coupons on a $59.99 game. I have tried it. The store will just owe him a penny. Even the store manager confirmed that the transaction was done correctly. That's how I strolled into K-Mart and walked away with LA Noire completely free with $60 worth of coupons....plus an extra penny in my pocket, lol.[/QUOTE]

I know you keep bringing this up, but once again, you are the ONLY ONE to ever have this happen. While not every single person in this thread has tried, everyone else that has tried has been rejected. Please stop referring to it like that's how it's supposed to work.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I know you keep bringing this up, but once again, you are the ONLY ONE to ever have this happen. While not every single person in this thread has tried, everyone else that has tried has been rejected. Please stop referring to it like that's how it's supposed to work.[/QUOTE]

You're both technically right. KMart's official coupon policy states that they will not give cash back for any coupon overages, meaning your coupons cannot exceed the value of the item purchased. However, their policy also states that it's at the discretion of the individual store manager, which would explain how he was successful and why the manager he spoke to indicated the transaction was correct. All that to say that successfully using $60 worth of coupons on a $59.99 purchase is very YMMV.

[quote name='EducAsian']Yes he can stack it and yes he can use $60 worth of coupons on a $59.99 game. I have tried it. The store will just owe him a penny. Even the store manager confirmed that the transaction was done correctly. That's how I strolled into K-Mart and walked away with LA Noire completely free with $60 worth of coupons....plus an extra penny in my pocket, lol.[/QUOTE]

This was a one time fluke exception. And even then, certain coupons had to be used and certain games had to be purchased for it to work in the way you got it to work. I can assure you that in nearly 99.99% of the deals, you will NOT be able to do this. It was a one time fluke that was not planned and I'm sure has been addressed internally so that it can't happen again.

To clarify: No, you cannot use $60 worth of coupons on a game listed as $59.99. You would need a filler item or not use all the coupons. Plain and simple.

Hey Josh, quick question- i am figuring you put the $10 to LOTR because it's WB, but is it possible to maybe extend that to Lego: Harry Potter Years 5-7 which releases on Nov.11th? I notice that it is also not listed in the upcoming deals. Usually, you do coupons for Lego games. I believe Lego: HP is also WB. If not, that's cool- I'll still be getting it at Kmart. I just have no interest in LOTR.

[quote name='dennisb407']On a $59.99 game only 2 $20 coupons can stack[/QUOTE]

You could add a $15 to that to make it $55 in coupons which works fine as well.

[quote name='ssr']This was a one time fluke exception. And even then, certain coupons had to be used and certain games had to be purchased for it to work in the way you got it to work. I can assure you that in nearly 99.99% of the deals, you will NOT be able to do this. It was a one time fluke that was not planned and I'm sure has been addressed internally so that it can't happen again.

To clarify: No, you cannot use $60 worth of coupons on a game listed as $59.99. You would need a filler item or not use all the coupons. Plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

One time fluke exception? Who are you to say that? I will damn well do it again, and I know for a fact that it works at my store. I don't know about you but if it doesn't work for you, then tough luck. All I know is that I am walking out with a free BAC Tuesday.

HOWEVER, the ironic thing is that it will actually be cheaper for me to use $55 worth of coupons on BAC. I have $75 worth of coupons and $17 worth of SYWR credits. If I use $55 worth of coupons on BAC, I only have to pay tax on $4.99 and then get my next game with $50 worth of coupons and I only have to pay tax on $9.99. That way, I will be getting two games completely free. If I use $60 worth of coupons on BAC, I will only have $45 worth of coupons and I would have to pay tax on $14.99.

But I will not be afraid to use $60 worth of coupons on a $59.99 game in the future.

[quote name='EducAsian']HOWEVER, the ironic thing is that it will actually be cheaper for me to use $55 worth of coupons on BAC. I have $75 worth of coupons and $17 worth of SYWR credits. If I use $55 worth of coupons on BAC, I only have to pay tax on $4.99 and then get my next game with $50 worth of coupons and I only have to pay tax on $9.99. That way, I will be getting two games completely free. If I use $60 worth of coupons on BAC, I will only have $45 worth of coupons and I would have to pay tax on $14.99.
[/QUOTE]

You will end up paying the same amount of tax when all is said and done.

[quote name='dino88']You will end up paying the same amount of tax when all is said and done.[/QUOTE]

No. Do the calculations yourself. The coupons apply to the price of the game BEFORE taxes have been applied. So, if I used $55 worth of coupons on a $59.99 game, I will only pay tax on $4.99 as opposed to $59.99. Think about it.

Yes. So with one scenario you pay tax on $4.99 and $9.99. Total of $14.98 is taxable.
On the other you pay tax on nothing and on $14.99.
You will pay tax on an entire penny less. You are a goddamn champion.

The store manager must have been called over to electronics dept. because it didnt work right.

I work at a store in Augusta, GA and it doesnt work here. It has to be $60.00 before taxes. A $59.99 comes to a total of $64.19 but that is before taxes and 3 $20 coupons would not work on it, I have tried alot trust me lol.

So my guess is the manager did an override for you:)

[quote name='EducAsian']No. Do the calculations yourself. The coupons apply to the price of the game BEFORE taxes have been applied. So, if I used $55 worth of coupons on a $59.99 game, I will only pay tax on $4.99 as opposed to $59.99. Think about it.[/QUOTE]

You said you'll be getting two games and will pay tax on $4.99 and $9.99 and that would be cheaper than getting one game free and paying tax on one for $14.99. You may end up saving a penny. Think about it.

[quote name='dino88']You said you'll be getting two games and will pay tax on $4.99 and $9.99 and that would be cheaper than getting one game free and paying tax on one for $14.99. You may end up saving a penny. Think about it.[/QUOTE]

You got trolled. Think about it.

[quote name='EducAsian']LMFAO. I was trollin HAHAHAHAAHAH[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']Asian guy can't do math? I call shenanigans.[/QUOTE]

He's a bad liar too.

[quote name='Strongbad2143']Is Layton or Kirby wii getting a coupon?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know if Layton is possibly getting a coupon as well! Either way, great deal on Arkham City.. Thanks Josh!

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']I think I speak for everyone when I say STHU and go away. You're so dumb.[/QUOTE]
Sorry. You don't speak for me. I'd have swapped the H with an F.

[quote name='wakarukaya']I would like to know if Layton is possibly getting a coupon as well! Either way, great deal on Arkham City.. Thanks Josh![/QUOTE]

check the OP. josh has a list of games that he's either got an offer for or working on one for. layton is on there. i just glanced at it so i'm not sure about kirby.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']check the OP. josh has a list of games that he's either got an offer for or working on one for. layton is on there. i just glanced at it so i'm not sure about kirby.[/QUOTE]

True, but Layton isn't mentioned in the KmartGamer blog post for next week's deals.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']I think I speak for everyone when I say STHU and go away. You're so dumb.[/QUOTE]

No thank you. I know you gettin jelly.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I know you keep bringing this up, but once again, you are the ONLY ONE to ever have this happen. While not every single person in this thread has tried, everyone else that has tried has been rejected. Please stop referring to it like that's how it's supposed to work.[/QUOTE]

I just want to make sure people are aware that IT CAN HAPPEN. It may be a YMMV thing, but as long as there is a possibility it can happen, people shouldn't be afraid to try it out for themselves to see if it works. It it does work, people can walk away with a completely free game. If it doesn't work then so what? It's not like they are committing a crime.

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']True, but Layton isn't mentioned in the KmartGamer blog post for next week's deals.[/QUOTE]

ahh I didn't realize. maybe the deal for it fell through then and he hasnt updated.

hmm... the wii & jd3 deal can be separate right? not sure if i wanna pick up a wii or not and if i do, do i want jd3 lol. might just wait for the inevitable sub 100 price. or forever lol

btw, is the castlevania deal (forgot for wat days/week) is that the LE version or the regular? that's a really high price for the regular edition if so (esp since kmart has the le version for ps3 for that price (or cheaper?))

[quote name='confoosious']Dude. There's a multiquote featured. Learn it.

Also, "jelly?" I didn't realize I stumbled onto a site for teenage girls.[/QUOTE]

I don't feel like it. Bite me. And I didn't realize I stumbled upon a board that features middle-aged dudes. Get with the times, homie.

[quote name='EducAsian']And I didn't realize I stumbled upon a board that features middle-aged dudes.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CheapAss Gamer.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
[*]The total purchase must at least equal the total value of the coupon pre-tax
[/QUOTE]

Regardless of whether using 60-dollars worth of coupons will work, it's not supposed to work. I'm not some extreme-couponing militant, but if you are using a coupon in a way that it's not supposed to work and you know it's not supposed to work that way, it's coupon fraud, and I try not to commit fraud, even if it's not something I'd ever get in trouble for. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but I'll never know, because I'll never try.

I also imagine that a SYWR card + any of these games will print the coupon more than 2x and that the coupons will work if you use more than 2, but I'll never know, because I won't buy more than two.

Hell, there is probably a policy about intentionally misusing coupons on here, there is one at SD at least, and it certainly should not be encouraged.

[quote name='DerClaw']Regardless of whether using 60-dollars worth of coupons will work, it's not supposed to work. I'm not some extreme-couponing militant, but if you are using a coupon in a way that it's not supposed to work and you know it's not supposed to work that way, it's coupon fraud, and I try not to commit fraud, even if it's not something I'd ever get in trouble for. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but I'll never know, because I'll never try.

I also imagine that a SYWR card + any of these games will print the coupon more than 2x and that the coupons will work if you use more than 2, but I'll never know, because I won't buy more than two.

Hell, there is probably a policy about intentionally misusing coupons on here, there is one at SD at least, and it certainly should not be encouraged.[/QUOTE]

Fraud??? Are you serious? I swear, people like you are such wussies. You are not going to commit any type of fraud, dude. Just chill. All you are doing is presenting $60 worth of coupons for a $59.99 game. If it works, then great. If it doesn't big deal. What are they going to do? Arrest you? I did it at my store and even the manager came over and agreed the transaction was done correctly. The store owed me a penny. Did I expect it to work? Probably not. Was I surprised it did work? Of course, because I heard on here all the time that it didn't work.

But you know what? I decided I am not one of those sheeple who just listen to what others have to say and take it as truth. I decided to experiment and try for myself. And now I know that it is possible. Why people are so afraid to try something new or different, I have no idea. It won't hurt you to just try. You can't do anything in life if your scared like that all the damn time.

[quote name='DPsycho']Welcome to CheapAss Gamer.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm tryin to freshen up this board and bring some young blood, you feel me? I'm a youngin' CAG but I still gotta keep things real.

[quote name='EducAsian']Well I'm tryin to freshen up this board and bring some young blood, you feel me? I'm a youngin' CAG but I still gotta keep things real.[/QUOTE]

In that case, I guess it's just a matter of time till your mommy turns on parental controls on your computer and we don't have to deal with your nonsense. You feel me?

[quote name='EducAsian']Fraud??? Are you serious? I swear, people like you are such wussies. You are not going to commit any type of fraud, dude. Just chill. All you are doing is presenting $60 worth of coupons for a $59.99 game. If it works, then great. If it doesn't big deal. What are they going to do? Arrest you? I did it at my store and even the manager came over and agreed the transaction was done correctly. The store owed me a penny. Did I expect it to work? Probably not. Was I surprised it did work? Of course, because I heard on here all the time that it didn't work.

But you know what? I decided I am not one of those sheeple who just listen to what others have to say and take it as truth. I decided to experiment and try for myself. And now I know that it is possible. Why people are so afraid to try something new or different, I have no idea. It won't hurt you to just try. You can't do anything in life if your scared like that all the damn time.[/QUOTE]

We're not doing science experiments or discussing religion here, man, we're talking about using Kmart's coupons in the way that Kmart has said to use their coupons. It's not discovering some immutable truth about how coupons work, because Kmart gets to say how their coupons work.

I already said that you'd never get in trouble for it, but that doesn't make it "not fraud" it just makes it "not worth Kmart's time."

And no, Kmart didn't owe you a penny. Kmart owed you one of your 20-dollar coupons back and you owed Kmart 19.99 +tax.

[quote name='DerClaw']We're not doing science experiments or discussing religion here, man, we're talking about using Kmart's coupons in the way that Kmart has said to use their coupons. It's not discovering some immutable truth about how coupons work, because Kmart gets to say how their coupons work.

I already said that you'd never get in trouble for it, but that doesn't make it "not fraud" it just makes it "not worth Kmart's time."

And no, Kmart didn't owe you a penny. Kmart owed you one of your 20-dollar coupons back and you owed Kmart 19.99 +tax.[/QUOTE]

Ummmmm, no I did not because that is NOT what happened :) I will side with my K-Mart's cashier and manager over some random people ANY day of the week. It's funny how you people act like you know the law and the ins and outs of K-Mart....ummmm you don't know jack.

[quote name='EducAsian']No. Do the calculations yourself. The coupons apply to the price of the game BEFORE taxes have been applied. So, if I used $55 worth of coupons on a $59.99 game, I will only pay tax on $4.99 as opposed to $59.99. Think about it.[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad I live in Oregon, where there is no sales tax. :D

[quote name='confoosious']In that case, I guess it's just a matter of time till your mommy turns on parental controls on your computer and we don't have to deal with your nonsense. You feel me?[/QUOTE]

Too bad this is my own computer. You feeeeel me?

[quote name='NoMeDigas']I'm so glad I live in Oregon, where there is no sales tax. :D[/QUOTE]

LOL. You are lucky. But don't you guys have higher income taxes?

[quote name='EducAsian']LOL. You are lucky. But don't you guys have higher income taxes?[/QUOTE]

It's mostly the property taxes that get us in the end. :cold:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back