KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Battlefield will not be as hot as Batman. Batman offer is special.[/QUOTE]

Somewhat surprised to hear that, but i'm sure that you have tons of information available for you guys to figure this stuff out pretty well.

Hears hoping for a good MW3 deal then :D

Thanks for all the deals btw, Kmart has gotten almost all of my business since i've discovered these deals about a year and a half ago.

[quote name='mjoa123']Wait, so with the $30 coupon from buying Arkham City I can't buy Arkham Asylum? I think Asylum is $29.99.. damn this changes everything.. I don't want to play AC before AA. :wall:[/QUOTE]

This is how it's always been. Manager overrides aside.

[quote name='PlowK1NG']I am disapoint... well, there are other retailers to choose from.[/QUOTE]
True but they probably still wont have an offer as good as Kmart.

Is anyone else going to be disappointed if Batman scores anything below a 90 from any reviewer? No, that's just me? Oh ok. I'm guessing a 96 Metacritic score.

[quote name='PlowK1NG']I am disapoint... well, there are other retailers to choose from.[/QUOTE]

How often do you see a deal as good as the Batman deal? And now you're expecting the same retailer to have the same deal two weeks in a row? I have a feeling you're disappointed quite a bit with expectations like this.

[quote name='mjoa123']Wow.. Arkham City got a 100/100 from GameInformer.[/QUOTE]
Rumor is a 10 from IGN also but not sure if that's UK or US or both or what. IGN US review though hits tomorrow morning.

There's no way to secure/pre-order a copy of Batman huh? I mean, I don't wanna line up before 8am and suddenly the store doesn't have any shipment yet or whatsoever.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Rumor is a 10 from IGN also but not sure if that's UK or US or both or what. IGN US review though hits tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

Man.. I wish I had played Arkham Asylum earlier. :( Now everyone will be talking about AC when I'm trying to beat AA. I hope I don't get Batman'd-out and still want to play AC immediately after AA. Cus... I'm assuming I need to play AA before AC?

Twenty dollars in coupons for the new releases is pretty ridiculous as it is. Now he's giving 40 dollars in coupons for a game and you are disappointed that he's not doing that for every game thereafter? This is why we can't have nice things.

[quote name='mjoa123']Man.. I wish I had played Arkham Asylum earlier. :( Now everyone will be talking about AC when I'm trying to beat AA. I hope I don't get Batman'd-out and still want to play AC immediately after AA. Cus... I'm assuming I need to play AA before AC?[/QUOTE]
I dont know Ive never been one to care about a previous installment once something new is out. I could play ME3 not having played the previous 2 and it wouldnt bother me enough to go back and play the old ones lol

Having said that I really dont know that you'd need to play AA to still thoroughly enjoy AC. There was some story sure but I cant say I remember it much. Just watch the ending on youtube or something.

[quote name='newtype06']There's no way to secure/pre-order a copy of Batman huh? I mean, I don't wanna line up before 8am and suddenly the store doesn't have any shipment yet or whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

They dont do preorders. There's no reason to line up before 8am, Kmart is never really that crowded and I wouldnt count on them having the game out anyway. Their electronics dept is notorious for not having the games out on time. There are some Kmarts that are on the ball but its really YMMV when dealing with them. Expect to be disappointed...its makes getting the game/deal all the more exciting. :)

[quote name='dino88']How often do you see a deal as good as the Batman deal? And now you're expecting the same retailer to have the same deal two weeks in a row? I have a feeling you're disappointed quite a bit with expectations like this.[/QUOTE]

Its Josh's fault. If he didn't put such awesome deals every week, I wouldn't have had high expectations ;)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']All stores receive their copies well in advance, all stores are communicated to in advance as well plus most new releases are featured in the circular with their available dates. That said, it is well documented that many Kmart stores struggle with this type of execution so it can vary.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! As long as I know that the games are there, it's probably safest for me to be there at 8am since I can't get the "it must have sold out excuse" when I go later.

Yes, be disappointed with other retailers who will not have a good a deal as us :) Sorry, had to.

[quote name='DerClaw']Twenty dollars in coupons for the new releases is pretty ridiculous as it is. Now he's giving 40 dollars in coupons for a game and you are disappointed that he's not doing that for every game thereafter? This is why we can't have nice things.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's fair to say this. Not everyone who is buying Batman will end up buying LOTR. So saying it's 40 dollars in coupons for a game is misleading some people.

[quote name='DerClaw']Twenty dollars in coupons for the new releases is pretty ridiculous as it is. Now he's giving 40 dollars in coupons for a game and you are disappointed that he's not doing that for every game thereafter? This is why we can't have nice things.[/QUOTE]
Lol, it's all good. It is true though. Part of doing an offer like our LA Noire deal and Batman is you have to deal with the perception that those things are the norm. They definitely are not. Running a $20 coupon is tremendously difficult, to do more requires severe planning and resource alignment that just doesn't happen more than a couple times a year.

Seriously, you're a miracle worker, Josh. You're making me buy games on release date, rather than watching like a hawk when they drop in price and I have to scrabble to grab em cheap. It's way more convenient for me this way!

Josh, let's throw a curve ball and not mention BF3, MW3 or why you are not giving $59.99 coupons for all games. What are the chances Goldeneye gets a bonus of somekind?

Josh, good job on the Batman coupons. I just read about how offline gamers and used buyers will not be able to access the much-hyped Catwoman content and if it wasn't for the coupons you attached to the game, I would change my mind on it and buy it cheap and used in a couple months from somewhere who could guarentee the code was unused, like Gamefly.

But your deal is too hot to pass up, even if it does piss me off that offline users are getting less of a game than others for the same amount of money. I have Live and am buying new but am still pissed off about this awful trend in gaming that seems to be getting worse. A lot of people fortold that this rediculous 'online pass' nonsense would spread to single-player games, so it's not too unexpected I guess.

[quote name='coldstreakd']I think it's safe to assume there will be more Batman stock than most other games Kmart has been getting lately. Whether "more than other games" equals "enough," we'll have to wait and see. But if you're there at 8 AM, I don't think you'll have to worry about them being sold out already. You just have to hope they have competent employees who know where the new release games are if they aren't on the shelf yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid that if I cancel my Arkham City preorder and go to K-Mart, the employees will be clueless, the game won't be out on the shelf and no one there will know where it is.

[quote name='EducAsian']One time fluke exception? Who are you to say that? I will damn well do it again, and I know for a fact that it works at my store. I don't know about you but if it doesn't work for you, then tough luck. All I know is that I am walking out with a free BAC Tuesday.

HOWEVER, the ironic thing is that it will actually be cheaper for me to use $55 worth of coupons on BAC. I have $75 worth of coupons and $17 worth of SYWR credits. If I use $55 worth of coupons on BAC, I only have to pay tax on $4.99 and then get my next game with $50 worth of coupons and I only have to pay tax on $9.99. That way, I will be getting two games completely free. If I use $60 worth of coupons on BAC, I will only have $45 worth of coupons and I would have to pay tax on $14.99.

But I will not be afraid to use $60 worth of coupons on a $59.99 game in the future.[/QUOTE]

I never claimed the illegality of this. I said that it wasn't allowed which Josh clearly came in and said as much.

While I can't speak directly on how K-Mart works and what is their policy and what is law (and whether that varies by each state) I can tell you about my own experience working in accounting and customer service at Kroger for 4 years. You could not use coupons for more than the purchase price of the item. And for every coupon that said 'free' you still were charged tax on the item (if it were taxable; unprepared food isn't taxed in my state). Over riding these things was a fireable offense at our store (and Kroger is unioned which makes it nearly impossible to be fired).

As I said, maybe it varies by state, because I've watched that extreme couponing show on TLC or whatever it's on and I know none of that would fly in any of the Krogers at which I worked in Kentucky.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I'm afraid that if I cancel my Arkham City preorder and go to K-Mart, the employees will be clueless, the game won't be out on the shelf and no one there will know where it is.[/QUOTE]

It sucks but that's just how it is man. You could always hit up Kmart first to see if you can get it, then move your preorder money to something else. Unless the issue is you not having money for it elsewhere without canceling your preorder. It's just a risk you'd have to take. And let's face it, preorders are really not necessary to get a copy on day one. If you can live without whatever the preorder bonus is, cancel it. Worst case scenario, you leave Kmart disappointed and drive to Walmart, Best Buy, Toys R Us, etc and buy it there.

I swear you give somebody an inch they take a mile. Gotta give it to josh the coupons are awesome and I have cancelled my preorders other places. But I won't be pushing the limits with these games even if I could get it for free I dont mind spending $15-$40 on a new release.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Battlefield will not be as hot as Batman. Batman offer is special.[/QUOTE]

Will K-Mart's version of Battlefield include the code for the classic maps (return to Karkand)?

[quote name='confoosious']Aren't all the first run "Limited Edition"? This is the usual EA mo.[/QUOTE]
That's what I thought but the way Josh phrased it, it sounds like the Limited Editions aren't first prints and EA hasn't said they're all going to be LEs, just that pre-ordering is a free upgrade to LE. He may be able to shed some more light on it but the quoted post is him mentioning LEs will be limited but each store will get them.

[quote name='Mad39er']That's what I thought but the way Josh phrased it, it sounds like the Limited Editions aren't first prints and EA hasn't said they're all going to be LEs, just that pre-ordering is a free upgrade to LE. He may be able to shed some more light on it but the quoted post is him mentioning LEs will be limited but each store will get them.[/QUOTE]
So instead of all first shipments being LE only portion of them are. A good amount of them but not all, I'd say 25%.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']So instead of all first shipments being LE only portion of them are. A good amount of them but not all, I'd say 25%.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I prefer this approach.

SHC Gamer I've become recently very irritated by the lack of collectors edition's at my local stores. So much so that its caused me to stray to other retailers due to Kmart's lack of stock or quantities on certain games.

Most recently with Forza 4 LE which I was told my local store would be receiving some in stock. Several days after release and still no copies? I know it's one thing when its the stores fault and It could be just that as I've had issues in the past.

I was wondering if it'd be possible to try something different for collectors editions. Since we know that Kmart takes a big risk with putting them in stores and having them sitting there on the shelves for months/years. Why not offer them along with the offers online? I'd be willing to pay the shipping to make it less of a hassle to find a particular game's ce/le/se.

I know your goal is to try and get all offers online eventually. But I'd love to be your test case. Cause I'm literally gonna buy every one that's available some even in multiple quantities!

P.S.

I sent an email over to Ben in regards to future CE/LE/SE's at store #4349 hope he gets back to me about them soon.

Your team still rocks the hardest! Through your challenges you'll find strength and from that strength you will continue on fighting the good fight!

[quote name='Supreme0ne']still waiting on a will be/wont be a coupon on layton[/QUOTE]Based on a recent response on the KmartGamer Facebook page...

"Unfortunately not"

...I'd say there won't be. :cry:

[quote name='Vigilante']Based on a recent response on the KmartGamer Facebook page...

"Unfortunately not"

...I'd say there won't be. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Crap. Not that I didn't already know it but I was still hoping for a Layton coupon. Oh well, guess I'll just use Best Buy credit on it instead.

[quote name='gpthree']They dont do preorders. There's no reason to line up before 8am, Kmart is never really that crowded and I wouldnt count on them having the game out anyway. Their electronics dept is notorious for not having the games out on time. There are some Kmarts that are on the ball but its really YMMV when dealing with them. Expect to be disappointed...its makes getting the game/deal all the more exciting. :)[/QUOTE]

Expect to be disappointed? But isn't Batman a major release, which theoretically means that retailers get the shipment days before the release date?

[quote name='dino88']How often do you see a deal as good as the Batman deal? And now you're expecting the same retailer to have the same deal two weeks in a row? I have a feeling you're disappointed quite a bit with expectations like this.[/QUOTE]

While the Batman deal is pretty hot, I remember back in April when there was a deal going on for the release week of Portal 2/Mortal Kombat. The deal was buy $120 and get $60 worth of coupons. Don't quote me exactly on this, but the deal was something similar to that. That was essentially a B2G1 deal or put in another way, $30 coupon for both games. If Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat are as hot as Batman, then I don't understand how Battlefield 3 is not.

[quote name='EducAsian']If Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat are as hot as Batman, then I don't understand how Battlefield 3 is not.[/QUOTE]
While Battlefield sells, it hasn't sold out. I think Kmart will have a good and fair offering, I don't think any top shelf FPS has hit a $30 coupon, Black Ops pushed it with $25 in SYWR reward points and that was a guaranteed 5 million copies sold game.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']So instead of all first shipments being LE only portion of them are. A good amount of them but not all, I'd say 25%.[/QUOTE]

That kind of stinks, but thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']That kind of stinks, but thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]
Actually it's really good considering Kmart doesn't do pre-orders and that's supposed to be the bonus for pre-ordering. It gives other people a viable route to get the LE without going to Gamestop, Best Buy or Amazon.

Now I'm wondering if there is a price difference in the LE and the Standard.

Say, do we know what the Battlefield 3 promo is yet? And is there a way to retroactively apply coupons?

I want to get Batman, Dead Island, and Battlefield. So, I was going to get Batman for $60 with ($30) coupon, buy Battlefield for $30 with ($20(?)) coupon, and use that on Dead Island, but won't be able to get the sale price of $45. Any way I could do this? Other wise, I will end up spending $135 and have a coupon left over that I most likely won't use rather than being able to spend it and only paying $115 with no left over. Any way to do this?

[quote name='coldstreakd']It sucks but that's just how it is man. You could always hit up Kmart first to see if you can get it, then move your preorder money to something else. Unless the issue is you not having money for it elsewhere without canceling your preorder. It's just a risk you'd have to take. And let's face it, preorders are really not necessary to get a copy on day one. If you can live without whatever the preorder bonus is, cancel it. Worst case scenario, you leave Kmart disappointed and drive to Walmart, Best Buy, Toys R Us, etc and buy it there.[/QUOTE]

My preorder is just an online purchase with a decent discount. I never preorder from brick and mortar stores, and have stopped going to Gamestop all together.

Will KMart be getting the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword bundle? I know it said that the only CE's they will get are Forze, COD, and maybe Old Republic. I ask because I could see this being offered as a normal product since it just additionally comes with the Wii Motion Plus and a lot of Wii owners don't have one.

I wish WB would hit Mortal Kombat with a good discount. Like, down to $30 or so. I'm interested to get back into it. Josh, any chance of this?

Even more welcome would be a $40 "Ultimate Mortal Kombat" with the DLC included. Apparently the way the DLC is done on 360 makes it pretty much impossible to play online because nobody downloads the compatability packs and it's a giant clusterfuck.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Say, do we know what the Battlefield 3 promo is yet? And is there a way to retroactively apply coupons?

I want to get Batman, Dead Island, and Battlefield. So, I was going to get Batman for $60 with ($30) coupon, buy Battlefield for $30 with ($20(?)) coupon, and use that on Dead Island, but won't be able to get the sale price of $45. Any way I could do this? Other wise, I will end up spending $135 and have a coupon left over that I most likely won't use rather than being able to spend it and only paying $115 with no left over. Any way to do this?[/QUOTE]

What you could do, is wait until Black Friday if you really want Dead Island. It's probably guaranteed to be on sale for at least $39.99, probably $34.99 even. And the Battlefield 3 coupon should expire sometime in early December....

Josh, the Batman deal is solid but looks like every retailer is jumping in on this game. I am not sure if that is a cause of staying at the same level as your coupon dealing ways or not. I did see that Newegg must have gotten your shirts because they are offering the game for $47.98 with T shirt. For those needing Asylum, walmart is your best bet as they are offering *GOTY edition* as a preorder bonus plus $10 e-gift card. Not sure if you can free up that $10 bonus coupon to any WB game but a lot of folks are right about LOTR not being a spicy title to jump on for most in Nov. Not with most paychecks going toward BF 3-COD-Skyrim-Rocksmith-Saints Row 3 all comming out...

Not sure if this was same T-Shirt for Kmart but its what Newegg got...

shirt_7.jpg

[quote name='EducAsian']What you could do, is wait until Black Friday if you really want Dead Island. It's probably guaranteed to be on sale for at least $39.99, probably $34.99 even. And the Battlefield 3 coupon should expire sometime in early December....[/QUOTE]

That's true. I guess I could wait on that one. Thanks!

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake']Josh, the Batman deal is solid but looks like every retailer is jumping in on this game. I am not sure if that is a cause of staying at the same level as your coupon dealing ways or not. I did see that Newegg must have gotten your shirts because they are offering the game for $47.98 with T shirt. For those needing Asylum, walmart is your best bet as they are offering *GOTY edition* as a preorder bonus plus $10 e-gift card. Not sure if you can free up that $10 bonus coupon to any WB game but a lot of folks are right about LOTR not being a spicy title to jump on for most in Nov. Not with most paychecks going toward BF 3-COD-Skyrim-Rocksmith-Saints Row 3 all comming out...

shirt_7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

yea, LOTR prob wont sell well due to the past few LOTR games, not to mention the obvious fact that its got the worst possible launch date, in the middle of all that. personally, i ignored the less decent LOTR games (i enjoyed like, the third age, the movie ones, and somewhat, the PC rts ones) and newegg has actually had the t-shirt for a long time as a bonus. proba way back when they had BAC on sale for 49.99. i like the shirt tho, its basically the cover of the guidebook. wonder if there's a catwoman one too?

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake']Josh, the Batman deal is solid but looks like every retailer is jumping in on this game. I am not sure if that is a cause of staying at the same level as your coupon dealing ways or not. I did see that Newegg must have gotten your shirts because they are offering the game for $47.98 with T shirt. For those needing Asylum, walmart is your best bet as they are offering *GOTY edition* as a preorder bonus plus $10 e-gift card. Not sure if you can free up that $10 bonus coupon to any WB game but a lot of folks are right about LOTR not being a spicy title to jump on for most in Nov. Not with most paychecks going toward BF 3-COD-Skyrim-Rocksmith-Saints Row 3 all comming out...

shirt_7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, I guess this is the generic T shirts that a lot of places are getting. I got a local game store in my town who is also offering that shirt as a pre order bonus....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back